New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Born from an egg on a mountain top. (Gods IC)

Sid'Jax appears in the chair room, looking around for thirst, appearing much calmer.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Thirst is there, having just re-appeared several moments earlier. Still in his human form. He says nothing to War for the time being. Appearing slightly angry if anything.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

3. - Top - End - #243

Sid'Jax turns on the god, then pauses a moment before speaking.
    "You look as if I struck a temple to you instead of preventing a more serious breach."
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Not only was there never any breach to begin with as none of it had anything to do with me, YOU breached our agreement before we had even finished making it by attacking the people of Vale directly. Worse is that they are not even my followers but they follow Sophia. He seems quite angry and you can feel his fury growing in the air around you. Perhaps the God of War is not fit to lead us either. First Sophia openly attacks me and my people starting a fight that almost killed her and did kill you! Now you attack a settlement that does not even pray to me, because you forgot part of our agreement that our Heralds are allowed to defend and assist our respective mortal empires? Not that it even is my Herald you encountered!! Does no one have a sense of justice or obey the law around here?
    He seems genuinely upset over this, and is not a bluff at all.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-17 at 03:50 AM.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Show

We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

5. - Top - End - #245

Had Sid'Jax brows they would be furrowed.
    "Calm yourself, should it not be a settlement that prays to you and not your Herald than it should not be of your concern, however the freedom for heralds was a temporary agreement on the battlefield, not the one agreed to at the table which plans to be ratified, and my only aggressive acts Began once I had removed mortals who did pray to me with the fight being purely divine, and given that your herald for I did correctly identify it had fled ment that I only caused damage to uninhabited property! Entirely within the agreement!"

Sid'Jax's left head takes a deep breath, while the other continues in a much quiter voice.
    "But I sense truth in your words, so do clarrify, what was that being if not your herald, for my cursory knowledge of the creature notes it a threat, and the being was far beyond that of such creatures normally, and if it's not divinely enhanced then that means it's a free agent you summoned, and judging from your reaction to the thing at the time then we have a problem."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Thirst calms for a moment. I just hold the laws of the universe in high esteem is all. I can handle all sorts of evil - in fact I encourage most sorts. But breaking an agreement is not one of them. he pauses and listens regarding the creature. You know to be honest, I am not sure if it summoned me or I summoned it. I have these memories of... another time.. I do not know how it is possible. Either way we made an agreement. It will kill 3 beings of my chosing in exchange for something. So far I have ordered it to kill none. I no longer remember what it was it took from me in exchange. I know only it's name. Saying it seems to summon it to me.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-17 at 04:36 AM.

Show

7. - Top - End - #247

One of the benefits of multiple arms and hands, is the ability to perform multiple face palms at once.
    Sighing, rubbing his jaws and temples, Sid'Jax uses that privilege before continuing to speak, this time in D'Vati, a language that is wonderfully expressive.
    "Please tell me you have a brain that has not been firmly inserted within your rectal cavity. Even the most bumbling conjurer should- I just... I lack the words to fully inform you how mentally deficient your tale makes me perceive you."
    Turning to face a wall, Sid'Jax's heads take turns thumping against it, swearing in all the languages, forming quite a colourful speech, both about stupidity in general and that of R'ta'nakk'k's stupidity as Sid'Jax perceives it.
    Eventually, one head stops swearing and actually speaks to R'ta'nakk'k, the other however continues unabated.
    "R'ta'nakk'k, it is obvious that though your incompetence as a conjurer is known to you, however it appears you desire to keep the creature. I suggest you figure out how to control it properly and note the two mortals it killed it may consider to have been part of the arrangement should you have ordered it to guard the area, so check in order to make sure it doesn't become uncontrolled. Call me if you need help putting it down, but for the moment, I need to make some glass."

Sid'Jax appears beside the table, having teleported. He touches a hex on the map covered with desert, and determines a isolated spot.
    I will be there if you need me.
    Sid'Jax promptly disapears. Should R'ta'nakk'k look at the map, he will indeed see Sid'Jax continueing to curse while turning a section of the desert floor to glass with pillars of divine fire.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention. I just wish Sophia was there!
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Eventually, Sophia returns. After some time at her desk, she presents a document for the assembled Powers to consider:

How's this as a starting point?

Spoiler: Divine Charter, 1st Draft
    Show
    To Limit the Severity and Scope of Future Inter-Divine Conflicts, We the Undersigned agree to the following terms, limiting our actions, and allowing for necessary mediation.

Article 1:

This Charter applies to and constrains only the undersigned Powers. However, Powers that are not party to this agreement are also afforded no protection, for themselves or their followers, by it.

Article 2:

Specifically Allowed Activities:

All Powers are allowed to:

* Grant Spells and other abilities to those among their followers who have the ability to wield such.

* Communicate with followers

* Bless territories ruled or controlled by their followers.

* Aid their followers in purely defensive military actions. I.e. actions that are taking place within said followers’ territory.

* Aid their followers against entities not aligned with a Power party to this agreement.

* Travel within territories controlled by their followers, or not aligned with a Power party to this agreement.

*Preserve their followers from extermination by aggressive war or other attack.

The intent of this Article is to allow indirect intervention by Powers party to this agreement, and to limit direct intervention by same.

Article 3:

Specifically Disallowed Actions:

No Power Party to this Agreement Shall:

* Directly Assist His, Her, or Its followers in aggressive conflicts or attempts at conquest against followers of other Powers party to this agreement.

* Travel in territories aligned with another Power party to this agreement without that Power’s prior permission.

* Directly Attack territories aligned with other Powers party to this agreement.

*Directly Attack other Powers Party to this Agreement

* Send servants to perform any of the above prohibited acts, unless the services of those servants are paid for and solicited via the proper rituals. (e.g. Planar Allies) However, Heralds may be sent, so long as they do not engage in aggressive actions against protected parties or their followers. Responding to attacks against themselves is allowed, however. This is allowed to provide a means of advising ones followers, and communicate with the outside world. As such, each Power is allowed a single Herald. This entity must be capable of independently communicating with sapient beings. A Herald may be replaced if lost, but each Power may only maintain a single such servant at a time.

3b. Violation of these prohibitions shall trigger the consequences described in Article 5 of this document

Article 4 Provision for an Executive, and an Assembly:

The position of executive shall be rotated between the various Powers party to this agreement. The duration of each term shall extend to one season as understood by mortals of this world.

4a: Failure to abdicate power at the end of this term (until his, her, or its next turn comes up)

shall trigger the consequences described in Article 5 of this document.

4b: Powers of the Executive:

The Executive shall have the following powers:

* He, She, or It shall be granted use of the “King’s Chair.”

* The power to call and preside over assemblages of Powers, i.e. to call the Powers party to this agreement together to discuss policy and issues important to all

* The power to decide between opposing policy suggestions brought before the assembly by other members of that assembly. However, these decisions can be overruled as outlined in 4c.

* The power to arbitrate: Other Powers Party to this agreement have the right to bring grievances before the Executive. It is the executive’s duty to determine the merit of such grievances, and to assign remedies to them. However, these decisions can be overruled as outlined in 4c.

* Finally, the executive is a full member of the assembly, and has the same rights and powers assigned to members of that body.

4c. The Assembly and Powers Thereof:

All Powers party to this agreement are members of the Divine Assembly. This body has the following powers:

Individual members can bring issues to consideration before the Executive and the Assembly.

* A 2/3rds majority of the Assembly can overturn any decision by the Executive

(Enforcement of said decisions will be delayed to allow for an opportunity for appeal. However, if no appeal succeeds within three days, no further appeals may be attempted.)

* A Majority (with approval of the Executive) or a 2/3rds majority (even with executive disapproval)

can lift sanctions applied to a Power for violation of this agreement, as outlined in Article 5.

* The Assembly can act to bring new Powers into this Agreement, as outlined in Article 6.

* The Assembly can act to Amend this agreement, as outlined in Article 7.

4d.

Failure to comply with the decisions of the Executive and/or the Assembly can trigger the consequences of violation as outlined in Article 5. However, either a majority with executive approval, or a 2/3rds majority is required for this to occur.

Article 5:

Consequences of Violation of this Charter

Violation of the terms of this charter shall result in forfeiture of the bulk of the offender(s)’ divine power in the first instance, and expulsion from the Assembly. (reduction to DR 0.) The offender(s) shall remain in this state until reinstated by the remainder of the Assembly and the Executive as outlined in Article 4. However, even during this period, the protections and constraints of this charter shall apply to the offender. If an offender violates this charter a second time before being reinstated, he, she, or it shall be stripped of the remainder of their divine power, and forfeit the protections of this Charter. They will however remain constrained by this Charter, and may petition for reinstatement of its protection, along with a modicrum of their divinity (return to DR 0). If this is granted, return to full status would require another action by the Executive and Assembly. The penalty for a third violation of this charter (without prior reinstatement) is permanent forfeit of powers and position, and (at the option of the Executive and Assembly requiring either a majority with executive approval, or a 2/3rds majority) cessation of existence.

Article 6:

Procedure for Addition of Additional Parties to this Charter

Any being with the ability to grant powers to worshipers may apply for inclusion in this charter. Approval requires either a majority with executive approval, or a 2/3rds majority. The applicant must then add a drop of their blood (or equivalent fluid) and some of their spiritual essence to bind themselves to the charter.

Article 7:

Provision for Amendments to this Charter

Any Power party to this charter may offer amendments to this charter. Approval of amendments requires a 2/3rds majority and executive approval. All parties party to this charter must then rebind themselves to the amended charter. Failure to do so will trigger the consequences outlined in Article 5.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-17 at 07:29 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

10. - Top - End - #250

Sid'Jax appears not too long after Sophia, looking much calmer than when the Vile God last saw him, though Sophia will note a clenched claw as he takes his time to read over the document.
    "It seems, rather reasonable. I am impressed with you."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-10-17 at 07:49 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

None noticed the Tyrant god, alone and left behind, until it was almost as if he didn't exist. And maybe, he didn't.

However, what did exist, is the drive to dominate, to rule.
    And Rule he would.

Leaving the others behind, he flew, flapping frozen wings, and covering the land behind him in frost, he flew.

The ground opened, and swallowed him whole, and he was not seen since.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Sophia bows in gratitude for the complement.

I merely did my best at the task.

Then she looks around...

Umm, wasn't there an arrogant dragon here when I left? Also, why are there dents in the wall roughly shaped like your heads, War?
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-18 at 01:08 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

Inautia pops into existence in the room. Thirst, you look Irate. What has happened?
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc:
    Show
    Just making sure, this is happening after we finish our conversation in the other thread, right Pessimism? I just returned to this thread because I finished my draft of the charter and wanted to post it asap.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

15. - Top - End - #255

"There was... I left dents?"
    One of Sid'Jax's heads swivels towards the wall.
    "Wow, I must have hit the wall harder that I thought... However ask Thirst, I will let him relate to you his tale."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

I do not like much in this agreement. I need some time to think. Good work on this though Sophia, your skill in law is quite worthy.

With that Thirst vanishes completely.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-18 at 01:44 AM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #257

With that Sid'Jax chuckles.
    "So he doesn't want to tell... Well, he has summoned something rather powerful, potentially soon to have free reign, and he is unsure as to who is the real master. I will give you two guesses as to where Thirst is at the moment."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, so that was the thing you saved some of my followers from? Who then founded a new sect that venerates both of us?

What was this creature?

She pauses.

Also, I'm not sure how disturbed I should be that he finds my skill worthy...
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-18 at 01:56 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

19. - Top - End - #259

"Normally, I would say a swarm of Ruin. Most of the time they are just tough bug swarms that are rather capable of harm. However it expressed abilities that others don't, and I believe it may have been undead, potentially also a hive mind."

OOC: Need a 25 religion check but once you succeed you can look up ruin swarm on the SRD to see the base creature.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: knowledge check
    Show
    (1d20+23)[37]

So, he might have a particularly nasty hive mind as a master? As if he's not bad enough?!
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-18 at 02:05 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

21. - Top - End - #261

"You can tell my irritation by the dints... And a section of glassy desert, I think it turned out quite pretty if you wish to look."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Sophia nods.

Quite. I'll take a look later. You didn't hurt yourself, did you? I can treat your injuries if you did.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

23. - Top - End - #263

"No harm, and if I had I would have healed by now..."
    Moving over to the table, Sid'Jax taps the hex containing the Vale, hoping to see Thirst talking to his conjuration.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

The Vale is quiet an empty, all you see is a unit of zombies ambling about the now quite terrified thorpe.
    No sign of thirst.

Show

25. - Top - End - #265

Sid'Jax sighs... Perhaps he can provide guidence to the rebels if nothing else.

Sid'Jax scouts out the mountain hexes, in particular he looks for any underdark entrances.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: How are you scouting them?

Show

27. - Top - End - #267

OOC: The table, I'm picking a hex, then searching it using whatever form of scrying the table is using if at all possible.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: You are unable to find anything.

Show

29. - Top - End - #269

OOC: Unable can't look around properly, or unable 'I don't find anything, even if there are things to find.'

Also, can the map look at underdark?
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: The map can show the underdark. But not really fine details like map cave tunnels etc. It is there, you just cannot see it.

Show