New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[KRomir's Room]

A pause.
    "I'd think it might be nice to see what color your eyes are."
    KR smiles slightly, and sits down on the bed.
    "If that's what you want, then you should do it. Though... why?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-07-11 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Crater]

"Very well, I shall get in touch with Tobias as soon as possible then and tell them that. So unless there is anything else I shall do as ordered." Cessie replies and will do just that unless there are any objections.

((*pokes to the PM I sent you*))

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [KRomir's Room]

A pause.
    "I'd think it might be nice to see what color your eyes are."
    KR smiles slightly, and sits down on the bed.
    "If that's what you want, then you should do it. Though... why?"
    Wenomir smiles as well and tries to slip his arm around her.
    It sure would be nice. I can't remember myself. As for my reasons... well. It's been bugging me for a while. I just don't feel like all those powers come from myself. I didn't really earn them... they were grafted on me. And meeting my brother reminded me just how distant it makes me from what I used to be.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Oh no! Gods forbid that Serph's minions get annoyed!
    Why, it's almost as if that they're fighting a battle that's been specifically designed to be unwinnable in order to test the limits of their powers! Crab Spider 1 spins its torso around like a top at ridiculous speeds, hoping to fling the Dai-Oni that have grabbed onto its arms out of the training circle.

Meanwhile, Crab Spider 2 attempts to dogpile Serph leap on top of him and drive its arms to the ground around him, forming a cage.

Meanwhile, meanwhile, at the obstacle course, KR notes that pause and approves. She appreciates a member taking a moment to scope out a situation before charging in. Of course, care will have to be taken in the future that the moment remains a moment, and not longer.
    Anyway, they come across their last obstacle!
    It's a solid brick wall.
    Power limit huh? I knew that that surviving for one minute was a modified truth! Anyway on to the battle.

Serph comes back to his senses to avoid another ground pound. Seeing that his attacks are being of no use he becomes angry, very angry. That happens when you get used to one-shooting each foe then have a level spike in difficulty. In this angry moment he puts his blade back in its sheath on his back and bursts in flames, this is done quickly. A flaming Serph heads towards CS2 with his fists up.

Of course, loosing one's cool can have dire consequences in a battle especially for one that uses summoned creatures. In his anger Serph loses his link with his four demons. This causes all four demons to be thrown by the top-like CS1. The first three vanish in a puff of smoke while the last stands on his scythe like a ninja. A gleam in its eyes change, it is no longer being suppressed or controlled by Serph. no one other than Serph and Red can notice this and neither are in a position to do so. The Dai-oni or rather Ongyo-Ki tries to move past the CS1 with blinding speed.

Over at the Obstacle course Element encounters the wall that looks like its made from bricks. If there is any way to get past it by air he'll fly, if not then underground. If that still doesn't work then he'll try to density shift past it.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

[Training Grounds-Shooting Range]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "You'll have to ask him," Adir says, forking his thumb at Micah. He waits for DC to finish firing again before speaking. Maybe the stag will ask him about the gun later. "Might just be the usual sword n' board action. Should I rally the troops?"
    Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Micah shrugs. "My bets are that you can slaughter them gnolls with little effort. We Lairan's ain't got this fancy technology stuff." The ex-slave has never seen anything quite luck that weapon, and instantly likes the look of it. Powerful. "Only problem's the magic, though 'part from the blackguard, there's maybe only a couple users of it in the pack. I s'ppose you won't have much trouble after all, but it'll save some poor folk from slavery, and all that heroic crap."
    DC nods to himself. "Seems simple enough. Do take the time to inform everyone regardless, I'd hate to lose anyone because of simply underestimating the enemy. When is the attack expected?"
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Meanwhile, meanwhile, at the obstacle course, KR notes that pause and approves. She appreciates a member taking a moment to scope out a situation before charging in. Of course, care will have to be taken in the future that the moment remains a moment, and not longer.
    Anyway, they come across their last obstacle!
    It's a solid brick wall.
    A solid brick wall doesn't provide too much of an obstacle to Hildur, as she decides to show off a little. She approaches the wall, and touches it with the palm of her hand. Parts of her arms are suddenly covered in a golden armor as she uses her Air Shaping to shatter the stone that the wall is made of, then move on through.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Yeah... at least it's something we can handle. Back when Watchtower was founded, we faced a couple threats against which lowly footsloggers like us weren't of much use, Wenomir muses. Those were the days.
    [Training Grounds]

"Hrm, I suppose that's to be expected from time to time, considering the job." Yazon says. He's personally quick happy that that isn't the case this time.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post

DC nods to himself. "Seems simple enough. Do take the time to inform everyone regardless, I'd hate to lose anyone because of simply underestimating the enemy. When is the attack expected?"
    "Dunno. Prob'ly 'round an hour or so. Tell me this, you planning to kill 'em, or just arrest 'em? Cause if you're killing 'em, I'd love to help out." Kinda dark, but he was a slave for a few weeks and now bears quite a hatred for them.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Front/Main Entrance to WATCHTOWER]

A mysterious individual appears, manifesting itself seemingly out of nowhere. The person is wearing a hazy purple robe with silver trim and a hood that completely conceals the individuals identity from anyone.

The individual stands there as if waiting for someone to approach them.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2012-07-11 at 10:05 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

10. - Top - End - #730
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

"Well, I've had fruits, just never peaches. I assume they don't survive easily in Russia." Boris shrugs. "Guess I'll figure out what they are soon enough, right?"
    "Aye. Ye like pie, tho, don'tcha?" Cornelia says with a smile. The gunsmith really must feed Boris more, now that she's back.

"Aaanyway... I hope ye like everythin'. I try, but I'll ne'er be as good as my pap." Cornelia sits down on the bedside, reaching up to un-braid her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post

"You got it," Adir says, before rushing off to do as he's been ordered. He's quite quick, so unless a Watch member is making diligent attempts to conceal themselves, they'll all be warned within twenty minutes or so. If he finds Cessie and can get a telepathic transmission going, even faster.

For convenience's sake, we can say this is a new timeline.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #731

[Boris's Room]

Boris hesitates a little before responding. "Actually, I've never had pie either. Heard of it, at least." Geez, he is clearly deprived of a lot of things. "Speaking of your father, are you able to tell me what personal events caused you to leave?"

And in an alternate timeline, Boris is warned of an approaching army. He'll go wherever he might be needed.

12. - Top - End - #732

Boris's Room

"Um. Yeh, o'course," Cornelia says, sounding nervous anyway. She lets her fine hair fall about her shoulders, fluffing it out a bit, before continuing. "My mum - y'know, the elf - went to visit my pap's grave an', um..." She's filled with a volatile mixture of emotions. Hope and sadness and anger, the last of which is directed at her mother. "He wadn't there. Empty grave, busted coffin. I buried him there m'self, Boris."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-12 at 12:14 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Mysterious Individual knocks on the doors/gates/entrance of WATCHTOWER. The being appears to want access inside WATCHTOWER.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

14. - Top - End - #734

[Boris's Room]

Boris's facial features contort a little. Tampering with graves? The mere thought angered him a little, and his thoughts briefly flash to the comrades he had lost in Siberia. "Why was that? Do you know?"

15. - Top - End - #735

Boris's Room

"Some foul glammer. Had to be. The coffin broke from the inside, Boris," Cornelia says angrily, clenching her fists. "It's the Hag. I know it. The one my pap fought in the ol' days. She jus can't leave well enough alone." Anger turns to rage.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-12 at 12:31 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #736

[Boris's Room]

Boris feels a little bit of that anger himself. Who would tamper with the dead? Why? "Do you know where the hag is? If there's anything we can do to help your father rest?"

17. - Top - End - #737

Boris's Room

"She haunts old battlefields. Like a ghost, 'erself. M'just worried she's gotten into the Nexus," Cornelia says, sighing. She has no clue where the Hag goes, or how her mind works. The woman's mad, by all standards of the civilized world. "She musta found some way to fix up her glammer trail, too. I can't see 'er magic anymore. Thar was none, round pap's grave."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #738

[Boris's Room]

Boris hmm's in thought. "Maybe there was some other sort of sign of her presence? Tracks, disturbed ground?" He puts a hand over his face. "Wouldn't matter much, though, if she was already long gone."

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    [The Front/Main Entrance to WATCHTOWER]

A mysterious individual appears, manifesting itself seemingly out of nowhere. The person is wearing a hazy purple robe with silver trim and a hood that completely conceals the individuals identity from anyone.

The individual stands there as if waiting for someone to approach them.
    The Mysterious Individual knocks on the doors/gates/entrance of WATCHTOWER. The being appears to want access inside WATCHTOWER.
    [Outside the Gate]

Thump. Thump. Thump. Three large, stone creatures loudly land on the ground surrounding the robed person. They stand at their daunting full height, wings spread out to make them appear even bigger.

"And who're you?" The first asks, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Don't that Magtok guy wear a purple robe? The one that shot at us?"

"I think you're right. Oi, you have some nerve coming around here." The first gargoyle steps forward and tries to poke the person in the chest with a sharp claw.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-12 at 07:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "You got it," Adir says, before rushing off to do as he's been ordered. He's quite quick, so unless a Watch member is making diligent attempts to conceal themselves, they'll all be warned within twenty minutes or so. If he finds Cessie and can get a telepathic transmission going, even faster.

For convenience's sake, we can say this is a new timeline.
    Cessie is more then willing to help Adir send the message to everyone within Watch. This can be hand waved however, everyone can just be assumed to know in this particular timeline.

[Watch - Wenomir and Cessie]

At some point the sorceress approaches the demon hunter. "Wenomir, could I have a word with you please? It's important."

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Training Grounds]

"Hrm, I suppose that's to be expected from time to time, considering the job." Yazon says. He's personally quick happy that that isn't the case this time.
    It is, but it didn't make sitting around and twiddling my thumbs any easier. Wenomir shrugs. Things have gotten better since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

At some point the sorceress approaches the demon hunter. "Wenomir, could I have a word with you please? It's important."
    Cessie will find Wenomir in the kitchen, eating something. When she enters, he nods.
    Of course. What is it?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thump. Thump. Thump. Three large, stone creatures loudly land on the ground surrounding the robed person. They stand at their daunting full height, wings spread out to make them appear even bigger.

"And who're you?" The first asks, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Don't that Magtok guy wear a purple robe? The one that shot at us?"

"I think you're right. Oi, you have some nerve coming around here." The first gargoyle steps forward and tries to poke the person in the chest with a sharp claw.
    [Outside the Gate]

The hooded individual looks at the stone creatures from under the being's hood. Its responds to the creatures with a low pitch female voice.
    ...This Magtok that you speak of beings of stone, I assure you that I am not whomever this person is. I am a messenger, and I came here to speak to the one who leads this Organization. Will you allow me to proceed?

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crater]

"Alright then. I suppose that concludes the meeting, unless anyone else has something they'd like to bring up."

[B][Training Grounds]/B]

"Impressive." Says KR, clapping briefly as the two emerge from the end of the obstacle course. Behind them, the course starts to sink back into the ground. She's clapping at Hildur of course. She wanted the brick wall to be a show of brute force, in contrast to all the earlier agility and precision, and Hildur certainly demonstrated such. Element just did some vague thing to get past it. I'm not sure exactly how his density thing works. It wasn't explained very well. Or at all.
    "Well, I think you've adequately proved your ability. Welcome to WATCHTOWER."

Meanwhile, in the circle, nothing much happens! I mean, Serph is just moving towards Crab Spider 2 while on fire, so Crab Spider 2 is just standing there staring at him. Maybe it thinks Serph is just going to burn to death?

Oh, and a Dai Oni is moving at BLINDING SPEED! Crab Spider 1's response is to calmly stick an arm out in its path and attempt to clothesline the demon.

[KRomir's Room]

"I see." Says KR.
    "So, um... how do you think you're going to get rid of them?" KR would offer a sciency method, but she's not that kind of scientist. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #744

[Watch - Wenomir and Cessie] Make out

The sorceress puts her hands together and closes her eyes for a moment before she replies. "I normally wouldn't ask this but I have been considering this for quite some time now. I believe that my role as the representative in the council could work more streamlined if I didn't need to ask you, DC and KR about permission for certain things. On the other hand I also believe that I might have failed to keep my personal feelings about certain subjects outside the council chamber. I have realized that as Watch representative I might need a different outlook on things to be able to properly represent it. Therefore I would like to express my interest in becoming one of the leaders of Watch in exchange that that I submit myself to the tutorship of the other leaders for an period of time decided by them."

KR might want to wander into this scene.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-12 at 12:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745

[Training Grounds]

The Gossamer armor around Hildur's arms fades until it's just a glove again as she exits the obstacle course. "Great, thank you. Is there anything I need to fill out, or am I good to go?"

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

[KRomir's Room]

That's a good question, Wenomir says, a little sheepishly. It would probably mean removing the demon blood from me somehow, but I'm not sure who could do it. Still, if they injected it in me, it should be possible to get it out. Especially in the Nexus.

Wenomir raises his eyebrows. He wasn't expecting that.
    Well, this is suprising. I've never thought you wanted this sort of thing. But it's not a bad idea... worth a try, at least. We could use a leader with more social skills than me, KR and DC. I'd be willing to give it a shot if KR and DC have no objections.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-12 at 01:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Gate]

The hooded individual looks at the stone creatures from under the being's hood. Its responds to the creatures with a low pitch female voice.
    ...This Magtok that you speak of beings of stone, I assure you that I am not whomever this person is. I am a messenger, and I came here to speak to the one who leads this Organization. Will you allow me to proceed?
    [Outside the Gate]

The gargoyles regard her in silence for a moment. "Sounds like a woman." One offers.

"Magtok's a woman, right?"

"No, he's supposed to be a man."

"But I thought it was women that are the ones that wear dresses?"

"Maybe he's gender confused."

"Whatever. You." He points to the robed person. "Come with me then. And watch yourself." He turns and walks toward the tower where he'll go in search of one of the leaders.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Outside the Gate]

The gargoyles regard her in silence for a moment. "Sounds like a woman." One offers.

"Magtok's a woman, right?"

"No, he's supposed to be a man."

"But I thought it was women that are the ones that wear dresses?"

"Maybe he's gender confused."

"Whatever. You." He points to the robed person. "Come with me then. And watch yourself." He turns and walks toward the tower where he'll go in search of one of the leaders.
    The individual noticeably nods following the stone giant offering aid.
    As you wish. I shall remain "on guard" while you find the leader for this installation. I thank you for your generosity.

29. - Top - End - #749

"Thank you Wenomir, it would be great if you accompanied me to KR so we could discuss this together. She might have objections after all, but I assure you I'm willing to work for this position." She assures Wenomir.

And then I suppose they start looking for KR.

30. - Top - End - #750

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

Boris hmm's in thought. "Maybe there was some other sort of sign of her presence? Tracks, disturbed ground?" He puts a hand over his face. "Wouldn't matter much, though, if she was already long gone."
    "There's boot tracks. One set. But the Hag don't wear any," Cornelia says. Judging by the look on her face, those boot tracks belong to her father. "It'd been like tha' for weeks. I'm the only one who goes up thar anymore. Cept for mum, apparently." She seems upset. Not just about her mother, or anything from that story in particular.

Basewide

Well, since a set comm system hasn't yet been established, everyone will receive a telepathic message. It's a warning about a bunch've primitive gnolls attacking Watch.

Adir, meanwhile, suits up in some heavy body armor and readies his myriad weapons.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-12 at 02:45 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters