New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

Stellar is glad the subject has moved away from anything she'd feel awkward talking about.

"It would certainly be a good rule of hoof to not ask anyone you consider to be suspicious or hostile any personal questions," she opines. "Probably best to keep your tact programs on for now."

She considers what she heard in the tape. "So the olives and the mages both wanted the mercenary to come here, but the cyberneticist didn't. Doc might be interested in meeting that guy. And supposedly this place has a lead of high technology. I wonder if that means anything besides the bioproducts? Was there any more to the recording?"
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2017-10-18 at 06:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "It would certainly be a good rule of hoof to not ask anyone you consider to be suspicious or hostile any personal questions," she opines. "Probably best to keep your tact programs on for now."
    "But there are outliers. You don't need tact for Thanatos, for example." Viridia informed Madeline.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar grimaces slightly. "Try not to get into a fight with Thanatos," she says.

"On the subject of fights though, any idea where that teleporting unicorn went?" She asks Madeleine. "I've got a score to settle."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    After a few moments, the holodisk began to play. A young voice, slightly scratchy and angry, began to speak.

"Alright, so, I'm recording this because I want something physical in case something goes bad. My name is Flawless Trick, and I'm pretty sure there's some sort of conspiracy going on.

First things first; I'm a mercenary, so I'v seen some weird ****, and this is some weird ****. I have spent two years working for the Olive Family, a local trader family that has bad relations with the donkey traders who run half the stuff in Manehatten. They're like a Appleachian clan, but *******s. Anyway, they pay steady, but a few days ago I talked to their paymaster, Cured Olive, and he said he had a job for me; a quick investigation in a factory on the east end of the city that's infested with robots. I said why not, and I got the gang together and we headed for Ministry Row.

After two days, I got woken up and there was a ****'n wizard standing outside my room, wearing a big hat with a curled end and everything. This was a big bitch, horse sized and black as night, standing outside in the snow in some purple robes. She didn't say her name, but she wanted me to do the exact same thing the Olives wanted, but wanted me to keep track if I'd seen anything else odd about the place, like other cyberponies. Alright, great, ****ing creepy, but that's wizards for you.

Anyway, I tell the gang this, and the pegasus thinks that whatever's going on in the factory is super-important, and that there's some high technology in there. I mean, that's super-****ing obvious, but he has a point. So, I stay up as the nightly guard so everyone else gets some good sleep.

Everything's good for a week after that, until my mother bucking cyber-doctor actually tracks me down at the inn I'm staying at; anyway, Silicon Safeguard doesn't want me to go to the factory. I say that I won't, and she left. I'm going to go there, anyway, but I'm weirded out."

"No, but it would be interesting, at this stage."
    the AI replied, after the tape had played.
    As amusing as it would be to watch you chase Virida around like a horny teenager, I'll have to decline. Moonshadow joked, before falling silent.

Hey Madeline, here's a question for you; what are you going to say to Flawless Trick's friends and family? she asked, an odd look on her face. Not quite a smile, but her lips were certainly doing something that might have resembled one.

Stellar is glad the subject has moved away from anything she'd feel awkward talking about.

She considers what she heard in the tape. "So the olives and the mages both wanted the mercenary to come here, but the cyberneticist didn't. Doc might be interested in meeting that guy. And supposedly this place has a lead of high technology. I wonder if that means anything besides the bioproducts? Was there any more to the recording?"
    I dunno but it makes me want to burn this place to the ground even more. I don't want either of those groups getting a hold of any sort of creepy high tech like addictive food.

Also I really want Fan Knife to be here. Hey Madeline! Can you tell the robots to just begin yelling this message? 'Hey Fan Knife! This is Moonshadow speaking, I've taken over the facility. Ask one of the robots and they'll bring you to the central control station.' Hopefully that'll get her attention.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc shrugged. "You have your story, he had his. I'm no expert on powerful artifacts and have plenty of questions about both stories, but I do know friendship is a really powerful force. So to answer your question, I'd say yes they could."
    Thanatos, quietly, glanced down at Choro.

He jiggled the handle on the door slowly, listening for anything peculiar, and being cautious in case there was something in the lab dangerous.

Luck [roll0] .6
    Perception [roll1] .7
    As he jiggled the handle, he heard a high-pitched squeaking noise that was immediately followed by several others, from behind the door. The door was unlocked, but there clearly was something behind it that was alive.

"It would certainly be a good rule of hoof to not ask anyone you consider to be suspicious or hostile any personal questions," she opines. "Probably best to keep your tact programs on for now.
    Madeline hummed in affirmation.

"No, that was the entire recording. As for the technology here, it was state of the line before the war ended, and the Big Blue data processing units this facility uses that were imported from Vaporia. Everyone is so used to Robronco computers that other computer systems were usually not accounted for when creating malignant programs and viruses, and griffon-made computers were a rarity in Equestria anyhow."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "But there are outliers. You don't need tact for Thanatos, for example." Viridia informed Madeline.
    Stellar grimaces slightly. "Try not to get into a fight with Thanatos," she says.

"Hmm, the tall stallion? Well, I don't know him very well, and I believe he is carrying high explosives."
    Madeleine commented, "Is there something the matter with him? I doubt you anything against tattoos, as I highly doubt that arabiocynicism survived the Arabians and none of you are wearing a niqab."

"On the subject of fights though, any idea where that teleporting unicorn went?" She asks Madeleine. "I've got a score to settle."
    "While I cannot determine the direct where it teleported, it used a great deal of magic, so I would imagine it moved quite far, although within city limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    As amusing as it would be to watch you chase Virida around like a horny teenager, I'll have to decline. Moonshadow joked, before falling silent.
    "Hee."

Hey Madeline, here's a question for you; what are you going to say to Flawless Trick's friends and family? she asked, an odd look on her face. Not quite a smile, but her lips were certainly doing something that might have resembled one.
    "A fine question, but if I meet them, I will explain what occurred and do what I can to rectify any miscommunications." the AI replied, "Of course, this is a situation that I believe is unprecedented, for the most part, and as such I would take any suggestions."

Also I really want Fan Knife to be here. Hey Madeline! Can you tell the robots to just begin yelling this message? 'Hey Fan Knife! This is Moonshadow speaking, I've taken over the facility. Ask one of the robots and they'll bring you to the central control station.' Hopefully that'll get her attention.
    "Who is Fan Knife?" Madeleine asked, sounding concerned.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

"A fine question, but if I meet them, I will explain what occurred and do what I can to rectify any miscommunications." the AI replied, "Of course, this is a situation that I believe is unprecedented, for the most part, and as such I would take any suggestions."

"Who is Fan Knife?" Madeleine asked, sounding concerned.
    Maddie, I don't have a clue what to say in that situation. But I can't imagine them taking it well.

She's a young filly, who looks like a zombie, and is two hundred years old. She's also a ninja.
    Moonshadow said.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Spamalot in the Playground

"I hear squeaks. Maybe rats, or experiments. " Doc gets out his gun and opens the door, taking a step back to assess what is squeaking.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Doc flips through the papers, pausing to answer. "Eh, I suppose I do get angry when someone does a grave injustice and gets away with it. But if I can't do anything about it, then I'm not sure being angry helps anything. What kind of justice would you like the builders to have served?"
    Choro takes a second before responding, humming to herself in meditation. "I don't know."

That's not illustrative. The little mage taps at the terminal a little before explaining herself. "It's not the specifics that matter, it's... the principle. There's a way things should go. The right rewarded, the wicked punished. We can't do anything to the dead but the thought that there was no consequence for this..."

"Choro, I know about things worse then this that was made by the government, and those ponies were not trying to make money off it. Making genetic hybrids isn't really up there in the list of magical sins; I mean, Twilight Sparkle once created a species of frog-orange hybrids that ended up being a regional delicacy. I mean, this place is really ****ed up, but it's just a bunch of ****ed up things pushed together then anything really cartoonishly evil. I'm pretty sure Robr..."

Strata seemed to remember that there was a robot in the room, and coughed in a hoof before continuing.

"I mean, the only reason this place exists is because someone expected to make mountains of money from it. Besides, it sounded like Equestria wasn't willing to allow for creatures designed to love ponies to be distributed, which I'm kind of surp rised, because last time of checked dog-scorpion hybrids were being used down south as guard animals. Why do you think that happened?"
    Choro listens to Strata intensely, but shakes her head. "Because what you're talking about are all animals. Non sentient creatures. These 'toys' have desires that go beyond that. They can interact with ponies, want to be named, dance and form connections... their desires are the sort I'd expect from intelligent life."

"How many steps up is that from a slave race?" She glances briefly to Bertly, before continuing. "And while that question gets more complex with synthetic life, it's still the same principle. So yes, I'd still ask it."

Minor issue; each time she clicked on a option, it was demanding a unique password for the relevant experiment. A rather secure system, and obviously annoying.

(Science rolls will be necessary to crack open each experiment log unless a password list is found.)
    The keys click and clack as Choro types frenziedly, bringing in weird shaped interface tools from her saddlebags to help her work.

Spoiler: Rolling
    Show
    TN 90
    (1d100)[65]
    (1d100)[18]
    (1d100)[98]
    (1d100)[38]

Thanatos shook his head.

"The world is neither benevolent nor malevolent, but is founded on abstract concepts that are are not suitable to be used for moral guidance or the creation of codes of conduct. Truly evil individuals can have strong, lasting friendships; a group of raiders could likely activate the Elements of Harmony, while a winter warlord could pine for his lovers enough to activate the Crystal Heart. Celestia and Luna did not become who they were because of some inherent greatness, but gained control of the sun and moon because their own will. Discord the Demiurge was perhaps the most powerful being in the universe, and his will was cruel and could only be sealed away, not destroyed.

Ponies elsewhere in the world hold to beliefs that there is a powerful seapony who controls the tides, and that a quartet of equines in some hidden realm that each have domain of one of the four seasons. To use the Ministry Mares as a method of life-guidance has the intellectual depth of using a children's cartoon as the basis of a functional philosophy. If you desire a world based on good, do not look towards ancient dead mares; you have the potential to seize control of the sun itself, as all ponies do. Do not act as if you cannot enforce your will on the world; if this world is truly controlled by a malevolent power, you can seek it out and take it's place. If you do not think that is reasonable, consider enforcing your will on a smaller scale and do what you wish."

Strata, meanwhile, stared at the thuggish stallion with her mouth hanging open slightly, eyes wide, as if Thanatos was juggling pies instead of standing in the room and staring at Choro unpityingly.
    "Sola Vult. By will alone."

Choro seems less surprised than Strata but still takes a second to weigh the idea, before shaking her head and responding "It's a good personal principle. But a bad way to look at society. If there was somepony stronger than you, doing things you thought were wicked, would you honestly just accept it? Even if their position seemed unassailable?"

Doc yawned and tossed the files he just read on the floor. Boring rubbish. Stars and moon, why can't he find what he was looking for. If that AI lied, he would personally yank it's circuitry apart. Doc stretched his legs. "Pretty sure 'do what you wish' is exactly the reason your family isn't well liked by the majority of this party, but at least you're consistent with your concept that there's no good and evil, only perspective. The only problem with that, in my opinion, is who's perspective is the one calling the shots."

"Now, my grandpa would have words about the first part of your thought process. He was a bard, used to tell me some stories about those old relics. Like for instance, the Elements of Harmony aren't simply a tool that just any friendly raider could set off. They're connected to a consciousness, created from the essence of long ago ponykind. Probably the age where all the wizards dressed like Choro. No offense. Anyway, this consciousness seeks out the right ponies with a special kind of spark to attune to each element. Since no one's witnessed such a thing in nearly two hundred years, it is perhaps that the elements lie in wait for just the right ponies to step forth. The story he tells of the crystal heart is it doesn't 'activate' for a pining warlord. Not like a basic magic item. The heart is an amplifier, attuned to the hearts of crystal ponies and amplifies their joy and love. Not sure exactly how that works, but if I ever see a crystal pony, I'd probably ask."

Doc muses his old memories of his grandfather for a bit. "Hmm, well I reckon everyone's got their own version of those legends. But right now, I really would love to find the one version of the crap this factory made here so I can get some formulas. If the files ain't here, then either someone got to 'em first or that AI is a lying pile of circuits. Anyway, maybe it's time to check out the side labs.""
    v

"Those are old rocks; do you not think that Equestria created things equal to or superior to such artifacts? Was the Crystal Heart not a megaspell? If the Elements of Harmony are unwilling to manifest in what pockets of goodness exist in Equestria, then they are suited to be ignored; ponies held those virtues before they came to be, and they continue to do so. To cling too strongly to the ideals held by those that led to the apocalypse is a foolish thing; look at the world, do you believe that it can be controlled by any who is truly happy? To reach for the heights once held by the ancients, one should rely on one's will, which is limitless."
    "There's nothing wrong with reverence for that which came before. If nothing else, it serves as a source of inspiration. These are the heights ponies once reached, that we can sail too with time and work. It can be easy to forget that, with the world the way it is."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    God this took fooooreeever. Being ill frecking sucks guys, sorry. I kept feeling like I'd be well enough to finish this up, but then 'just a little more rest'....

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Maddie, I don't have a clue what to say in that situation. But I can't imagine them taking it well.
    "Well, it's not like I would be akin to a changeling and attempt to pass myself off as their daughter, relative, or friend. Preferably, I will have my hair dyed, at least. Perhaps blue on white, with some ceramic armor? Or is that too on the nose?"

She's a young filly, who looks like a zombie, and is two hundred years old. She's also a ninja. Moonshadow said.

"Could you repeat that? I believe you just stated that a young filly, who is also two hundred years old, with the appearance of a zombie, and is a ninja, is roaming this facility."
    Madeleine continued with the same cheerful tone as before, "Can I ask why that series of descriptors applies to the same individual?"

"I hear squeaks. Maybe rats, or experiments. " Doc gets out his gun and opens the door, taking a step back to assess what is squeaking.
    Doc found himself standing in front of a wide, relatively cluttered room; within his line of sight, there were four different large steel-and-glass doors on the back end of the room, two normal-looking, albeit open doors on each of the other ends, and a table in the middle of the room, along with a few wire cages on the floor here and there, filled up the rest. Each of the large doors were labeled 'Control Room', A to D, and each had a small The room was littered with refuse and a mix of trash, filth, and decayed paper littered the floor to the point where it was not currently visible.

[Roll Survival to figure loot]

The source of the squeak, however, was still obvious; 'Lab B's door was slightly open, and the sound of little footsteps that was audible came from behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post

Choro listens to Strata intensely, but shakes her head. "Because what you're talking about are all animals. Non sentient creatures. These 'toys' have desires that go beyond that. They can interact with ponies, want to be named, dance and form connections... their desires are the sort I'd expect from intelligent life."

"How many steps up is that from a slave race?" She glances briefly to Bertly, before continuing. "And while that question gets more complex with synthetic life, it's still the same principle. So yes, I'd still ask it."
    Strata narrowed her eyebrows at Choro in a slightly odd manner before replying.

"Most life is intelligent to some degree, Choro. I mean, Fluttershy's pet rabbit had a pension, bears have houses, and diamond dog's have kingdoms underground but could be stuffed and mounted and put on display like dragons can. Ponies have always picked and choosed what they consider to be monsters and animals and other species worthy to call equals, and the rules have always changed throughout the centuries. Some unicorns in other parts of the world, for example, thought that pegasi were descended from griffons, and just called earth ponies 'ponies' and thought they were more closely related to donkeys then themselves. The question of whether these creatures could be considered born slaves, if you ask me, is the question if they would be acceptable if they were entirely robotic."

The keys click and clack as Choro types frenziedly, bringing in weird shaped interface tools from her saddlebags to help her work.

Spoiler: Rolling
    Show
    TN 90
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [SPOILER]
    Spoiler: Finding Bioproducts
    Show

Subject: To establish a base knowledge of 'Cutie' behavior (henceforth known as subjects) without previous knowledge of ponies. The subjects will be allowed to roam free in a controlled environment under long-term observation in order to gather more information regarding their social behavior. Secondarily, this will allow for the creation of a baseline 'herd' for which subjects without prior interactions with ponies can be sourced from.

Procedure: The group will be placed at a closed terrarium environment simulating a common wild landscape, as per the highest standards of Equestrian science. This soil-based ecosystem with all a gently sloped topography and contain plentiful shade and food, with one half of the environment containing a young speckled alder and ironwood bushes to provide shelter and a small artificial pond with a shallow stream connected to it stretching towards the other end. The environment is to undergo subtle changes as time goes on in order to imitate the changing of the seasons. Insects are to be introduced in order to provide simple entertainment for the subjects, and no other vertebrate animals are to be introduced. Up to one thousand subjects are expected to be able to sustain themselves in this area without problems.

[SPOILER=Understanding Psychology]Subject: To establish a base knowledge of 'Cutie' psychology (henceforth known as subjects).

Procedure: Under Revision. The previous procedure draft is available in print and can be obtained if needed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Training Bioproducts
    Show
    Subject: To establish baseline information and to create a acceptable 'training guide' for the rearing of the subjects for both domestic and industrial use. The secondary objective is to establish any issues in regards to the subjects usage as a domestic pet and to determine if any of the behaviors encoded in their genetics will need to be rectified.

Procedure: Under Revision. The previous procedure draft is available in print and can be obtained if needed.

"Sola Vult. By will alone."

Choro seems less surprised than Strata but still takes a second to weigh the idea, before shaking her head and responding "It's a good personal principle. But a bad way to look at society. If there was somepony stronger than you, doing things you thought were wicked, would you honestly just accept it? Even if their position seemed unassailable?"
    Thanatos looked at Choro for some time.

"You forget that this world is built on cooperation. Earth ponies can preform great tasks when working together; a single pegasus can lead a team to stop a storm, and unicorns can work together to weave grand spells. If there was a threat to the world that was stronger then myself, then I would do my best to stop it. A single pony cannot stop a army, but they can train those who would fall victim to them; a technician can train a hundred more, and so on. The wasteland is filled with the bones of self-proclaimed loners and wanderers who were too proud to rely on others when the time is right, child. Consider that most of the great evils in this world stand alone, while governments and nations are ruled by many."

Strata looked like she was suppressing the urge to say something as the stallion finished, and turned away from the two ponies as they continued.

"There's nothing wrong with reverence for that which came before. If nothing else, it serves as a source of inspiration. These are the heights ponies once reached, that we can sail too with time and work. It can be easy to forget that, with the world the way it is."
    "All individuals who are alive today have viewpoints and goals sourced from the past; if such ideas can be interpreted so creatively that a worshiper of Fluttershy can feel the need to kill a individual wearing metal or that Celestia was evil in stopping her sister, as a dead sunless world would have been superior to what exists today, then such things are useless if one wishes to use them as the basis of one's way of life. The past is indeed important; to draw inspiration from figures of history even moreso. To revere ancient ponies and what they built, however? It might be a fine train of thought for one who grew up in a Stable, but to place awe and wonder in something that was made in a factory is to limit oneself to where going forward is not a option. Learning about the past is important as to learn not how to repeat it, girl; the same functions that drove Stable Tech created the very place we are standing in. We are in a time where the rules for the future are to be constructed by those who currently inhabit the world. I, personally, would rather have a world ruled by individuals who are a product of these times then one who draws inspiration from a dead mare who lived five hundred years ago who was born to a noble family in some long dead nation."

10. - Top - End - #310

[Roll Survival to figure loot]
    Survival (1d100)[83] v. 30

Doc sighs. Guess the squeaking isn't as important as debating pensions and dead ponies. He cautiously walked into the room, gun ready, looking around at anything of interest as he slowly made his way to the Lab door B.

Stealth (1d100)[66] vs. 63
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Strata narrowed her eyebrows at Choro in a slightly odd manner before replying.

"Most life is intelligent to some degree, Choro. I mean, Fluttershy's pet rabbit had a pension, bears have houses, and diamond dog's have kingdoms underground but could be stuffed and mounted and put on display like dragons can. Ponies have always picked and choosed what they consider to be monsters and animals and other species worthy to call equals, and the rules have always changed throughout the centuries. Some unicorns in other parts of the world, for example, thought that pegasi were descended from griffons, and just called earth ponies 'ponies' and thought they were more closely related to donkeys then themselves. The question of whether these creatures could be considered born slaves, if you ask me, is the question if they would be acceptable if they were entirely robotic."
    Choro looks somewhat offput by Strata's answer. The little mare raises an eyebrow, "How do you mean 'acceptable'?"

Spoiler: Finding Bioproducts
    Show

Subject: To establish a base knowledge of 'Cutie' behavior (henceforth known as subjects) without previous knowledge of ponies. The subjects will be allowed to roam free in a controlled environment under long-term observation in order to gather more information regarding their social behavior. Secondarily, this will allow for the creation of a baseline 'herd' for which subjects without prior interactions with ponies can be sourced from.

Procedure: The group will be placed at a closed terrarium environment simulating a common wild landscape, as per the highest standards of Equestrian science. This soil-based ecosystem with all a gently sloped topography and contain plentiful shade and food, with one half of the environment containing a young speckled alder and ironwood bushes to provide shelter and a small artificial pond with a shallow stream connected to it stretching towards the other end. The environment is to undergo subtle changes as time goes on in order to imitate the changing of the seasons. Insects are to be introduced in order to provide simple entertainment for the subjects, and no other vertebrate animals are to be introduced. Up to one thousand subjects are expected to be able to sustain themselves in this area without problems.

Spoiler: Understanding Psychology
    Show
    Subject: To establish a base knowledge of 'Cutie' psychology (henceforth known as subjects).

Spoiler: Training Bioproducts
    Show
    Subject: To establish baseline information and to create a acceptable 'training guide' for the rearing of the subjects for both domestic and industrial use. The secondary objective is to establish any issues in regards to the subjects usage as a domestic pet and to determine if any of the behaviors encoded in their genetics will need to be rectified.

Choro frowns, making a few mental notes before backing out for the moment. There's a mention of revising the 'Cuties' genetic code, but no information on how. She needs to finish this up and continue onward. With a hum, she brings up the employees header. Unlikely to be much immediate usage, but if they're tracking down those ponies who might have known of the Overseer's backdoor... this was as good a starting point as any.

Thanatos looked at Choro for some time.

"You forget that this world is built on cooperation. Earth ponies can preform great tasks when working together; a single pegasus can lead a team to stop a storm, and unicorns can work together to weave grand spells. If there was a threat to the world that was stronger then myself, then I would do my best to stop it. A single pony cannot stop a army, but they can train those who would fall victim to them; a technician can train a hundred more, and so on. The wasteland is filled with the bones of self-proclaimed loners and wanderers who were too proud to rely on others when the time is right, child. Consider that most of the great evils in this world stand alone, while governments and nations are ruled by many."

Strata looked like she was suppressing the urge to say something as the stallion finished, and turned away from the two ponies as they continued.
    "Yes! Yes, exactly!"

Choro is beaming at Thanatos' answer. That's what she likes to hear! She wouldn't have expected it from the stallion, but a belief in co-operation and working together is fire for the little wizard's heart. It's lifted her up so high, it actually takes her a moment to work out the contradiction. When she does the glee vanishes, but she seems more confused than anything else. "So how do you reconcile that with an individual's will being limitless? I agree that personal will is important and often strong, but the will of the group is stronger. History proves that, time and again. Powerful villains and secret cabals are no match for ponies that stand together."

"All individuals who are alive today have viewpoints and goals sourced from the past; if such ideas can be interpreted so creatively that a worshiper of Fluttershy can feel the need to kill a individual wearing metal or that Celestia was evil in stopping her sister, as a dead sunless world would have been superior to what exists today, then such things are useless if one wishes to use them as the basis of one's way of life. The past is indeed important; to draw inspiration from figures of history even moreso. To revere ancient ponies and what they built, however? It might be a fine train of thought for one who grew up in a Stable, but to place awe and wonder in something that was made in a factory is to limit oneself to where going forward is not a option. Learning about the past is important as to learn not how to repeat it, girl; the same functions that drove Stable Tech created the very place we are standing in. We are in a time where the rules for the future are to be constructed by those who currently inhabit the world. I, personally, would rather have a world ruled by individuals who are a product of these times then one who draws inspiration from a dead mare who lived five hundred years ago who was born to a noble family in some long dead nation."
    That was characteristically blunt. Calling her 'girl' repeatedly, and insulting Stable Tec and Stable ponies for good measure. Choro sighs, but she looks more thoughtful than anything. "I think I can agree with some of what you say, but you're generalizing. I feel the past is very important, I became a wizard to try and honour the ponies who once held that title, but I can't really live my life just by that. The old wizards never had to deal with situations quite like these." Choro pauses for a moment, gathering her thoughts and words "I respect them. I try to act with the nobility and wisdom ponies like Starswirl showed. But they're a guide. I can't know how they would act, so... I just try to live up to their title and principles. They inform my actions but don't dictate them. Does that make sense?"

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Survival [roll0] v. 30

Doc sighs. Guess the squeaking isn't as important as debating pensions and dead ponies. He cautiously walked into the room, gun ready, looking around at anything of interest as he slowly made his way to the Lab door B.
    (There's twelve units of trash on the floor.)

Stealth [roll1] vs. 63
    Doc finds himself in a room that, impressively, resembled a foal's playroom, scaled industrially, and only lightly dirty.

There was a series of middling-sized foam mats to his right, near what appeared to be a food dispenser attached to the walls, and three head-sized plastic orbs attached to the ground gave off soft pink-green light; soft plush toys, bears and dogs mostly, were scattered about. Dominating the middle of the room was a large chunky green set of children's furniture with spaces for several different individual meals, including some spots with heating a cooling pads, and a wash station nearby that consisted of a patch of low tile flooring and a small hose, which was next to a small clear glass pod which appeared to have a litterbox inside it. The rest of the room seemed dedicated more towards recreation for a child; roughly a third of the room consisted of a cleared area filled with toys and carpets with a large television at the end, while the other third was a raised section that appeared like a artificial grassy hill, complete with a few small bushes here and there, with a large artificial log with glass windows on its side being prominent.

Doc could hear light chattering coming from the grassy play area, along with hushed whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro looks somewhat offput by Strata's answer. The little mare raises an eyebrow, "How do you mean 'acceptable'?"
    "Well, Choro, you could get a Mr. Handy with a personality suitable to play with kids; that's a sentient lifeform that's built for the same purpose that the critters were. Or any of the things that were cooked up in Equestrian labs, or the megaspells, or anything like that. There would've been more legal issues in making a talking molerat then a chimera creature."

Choro frowns, making a few mental notes before backing out for the moment. There's a mention of revising the 'Cuties' genetic code, but no information on how. She needs to finish this up and continue onward. With a hum, she brings up the employees header. Unlikely to be much immediate usage, but if they're tracking down those ponies who might have known of the Overseer's backdoor... this was as good a starting point as any.
    Spoiler: Employees
    Show
    Eyes Only, Chief Scientist
    Slushy Ice, Scientist
    Alchermes, Scientist
    True Greenery, Scientist
    Lucy Lace, Scientist
    Chulpan, Laboratory Technician
    High Praise, Laboratory Technician
    Honey Nut, Laboratory Aid
    Ferragut, Laboratory Aid
    Rusty Wrench, Robotics Technician
    Arboreal Glory, Animal Wrangler

"Yes! Yes, exactly!"

Choro is beaming at Thanatos' answer. That's what she likes to hear! She wouldn't have expected it from the stallion, but a belief in co-operation and working together is fire for the little wizard's heart. It's lifted her up so high, it actually takes her a moment to work out the contradiction. When she does the glee vanishes, but she seems more confused than anything else. "So how do you reconcile that with an individual's will being limitless? I agree that personal will is important and often strong, but the will of the group is stronger. History proves that, time and again. Powerful villains and secret cabals are no match for ponies that stand together."
    Thanatos seemed amused by Choro's question.

"No one is a island, and Celestia wasn't Equestria. Although it might sound cliche, most powerful individuals in the world reach where they are because they are driven by those they care for. If that person happen to be themselves, then so be it; I, however, do what I do for my family. Regardless of one's driving forces, this world that we live in cannot be properly succeeded by wandering individuals, no matter how powerful they may be. If one is unable to find others of similar goals and desires, then that is another problem entirely; I believe there are books to help with that."

That was characteristically blunt. Calling her 'girl' repeatedly, and insulting Stable Tec and Stable ponies for good measure. Choro sighs, but she looks more thoughtful than anything. "I think I can agree with some of what you say, but you're generalizing. I feel the past is very important, I became a wizard to try and honour the ponies who once held that title, but I can't really live my life just by that. The old wizards never had to deal with situations quite like these." Choro pauses for a moment, gathering her thoughts and words "I respect them. I try to act with the nobility and wisdom ponies like Starswirl showed. But they're a guide. I can't know how they would act, so... I just try to live up to their title and principles. They inform my actions but don't dictate them. Does that make sense?"
    "That view is commonplace, and harmful; Equestria cannot bravely march towards the past if it is to repair itself, no matter how far back you source those beliefs. The Steel Rangers saw themselves as knights protecting the relics of the past, the magi believe preform those same roles from ivory towers, the horses once attempted to carve a city-state based on their traditions decades ago, and the Reavers continue to try and enforce the old laws at this very moment. None of these groups benefit the world and their existence stifles Tauronto's further growth, regardless of the so-called safety they create."

Thanatos paused, and glanced away from Choro, towards Doc.

"Excuse me, but I believe Doc Wagon has gotten lost. I will check on him."

Thanatos then walked into lab Doc ventured into, vanishing almost immediately and basically leaving the filly with Strata, who was currently observing Bertly continue to search through the files.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-10-24 at 06:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

(There's twelve units of trash on the floor.)
    'Joy. We can retire from this life of scavenging.'

Doc finds himself in a room that, impressively, resembled a foal's playroom, scaled industrially, and only lightly dirty.

There was a series of middling-sized foam mats to his right, near what appeared to be a food dispenser attached to the walls, and three head-sized plastic orbs attached to the ground gave off soft pink-green light; soft plush toys, bears and dogs mostly, were scattered about. Dominating the middle of the room was a large chunky green set of children's furniture with spaces for several different individual meals, including some spots with heating a cooling pads, and a wash station nearby that consisted of a patch of low tile flooring and a small hose, which was next to a small clear glass pod which appeared to have a litterbox inside it. The rest of the room seemed dedicated more towards recreation for a child; roughly a third of the room consisted of a cleared area filled with toys and carpets with a large television at the end, while the other third was a raised section that appeared like a artificial grassy hill, complete with a few small bushes here and there, with a large artificial log with glass windows on its side being prominent.

Doc could hear light chattering coming from the grassy play area, along with hushed whispers.
    Doc carefully picks up a bear plush. 'A child's playroom in a lab? Hmm, must be where they observed the baby cuties.' The room would be almost cute if it didn't have the context it did. Hopefully it's clean enough. He turned his attention to the whispers. Should he make contact? Sneak up? If only Choro didn't leave that blasted pipbuck behind, they could get a better idea on the intent of the voices. Well, Doc was going to go with the notion that the only way out of the room was behind him, so whatever is here is cornered and it might get frightened into a fight if a stallion in an environmental suit, waving a gun, snuck up behind it. He lowered his gun to give a soft whistle for attention.

"Hello? Is anyone here? I'm Doctor Wagon, a traveling physician. I come peacefully."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it's not like I would be akin to a changeling and attempt to pass myself off as their daughter, relative, or friend. Preferably, I will have my hair dyed, at least. Perhaps blue on white, with some ceramic armor? Or is that too on the nose?"

"Could you repeat that? I believe you just stated that a young filly, who is also two hundred years old, with the appearance of a zombie, and is a ninja, is roaming this facility."
    Madeleine continued with the same cheerful tone as before, "Can I ask why that series of descriptors applies to the same individual?"
    No, you'll just have hijacked their friend's body to use for your own personal gains. I'm sure they'll understand that perfectly. Moonshadow said sarcastically. Disguising yourself is a good idea. Because I doubt that conversation will end in hugs and kisses.

Well I can't explain the science, but sure. Not everypony killed by the megaspells actually died. Their bodies died, sure, but somehow their souls remained attached to their bodies. So they still are able to walk around, and well, live basically. But they are effectively ageless, though their bodies do rot some. We call ponies like that ghouls. Point is Fan Knife has been in her filly's body for the last 200 years, though with her sister's help she's remained in somewhat good condition. Anyways so she's a two hundred year old filly that looks like a zombie.
    Moonshadow paused.

Her being a ninja is unrelated to that. That's just what she does. she added.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't worry too much Madeleine," Stellar says, attempting to buff the marks off the gynoid's face. "A hair cut, some dye, and a little make up and I'd be surprised if anypony recognised you as the pony she was before."

16. - Top - End - #316

"I'd find a surgeon, just to be sure. One who messes with the face." Viridia suggested.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd find a surgeon, just to be sure. One who messes with the face." Viridia suggested.
    "Doc maybe?" Stellar suggests uncertainly.

"Sure seems like they're taking their time down there."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow shrugs. Eh, it always takes us forever to do anything.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc carefully picks up a bear plush. 'A child's playroom in a lab? Hmm, must be where they observed the baby cuties.' The room would be almost cute if it didn't have the context it did. Hopefully it's clean enough. He turned his attention to the whispers. Should he make contact? Sneak up? If only Choro didn't leave that blasted pipbuck behind, they could get a better idea on the intent of the voices. Well, Doc was going to go with the notion that the only way out of the room was behind him, so whatever is here is cornered and it might get frightened into a fight if a stallion in an environmental suit, waving a gun, snuck up behind it. He lowered his gun to give a soft whistle for attention.

"Hello? Is anyone here? I'm Doctor Wagon, a traveling physician. I come peacefully."
    After a few quiet moments, Doc heard some rustling near the fake hill, and soon enough he saw what was quite possibly the oddest thing he'd ever seen.

Give or take, there were roughly a dozen small pony-like creatures in front of him, the largest being roughly the size of a soccer ball and the smallest being barely as wide as one of his hooves. There were three larger ones, each with stubby hooves, a round body, and a oversized head with big eyes; one had a green coat, one had a dark brown coat, and the biggest one of all had a dark purple coat with a red mane. Behind the big one, and huddled near the other two adults, were some nugget-shaped critters that were nestled under the fur of the two in the back and were making high-pitched cooing noises. The big one had visible ribs, while the two near the young were downright fat looking.

The big one, silently, began to walk towards Doc, it's pace glacial due to it's stubby legs having the apparent dexterity of a crude animatronic, a determined look on it's face. Behind it, the two other adults were watching Doc with obvious fear on their pudgy, childlike faces.

No, you'll just have hijacked their friend's body to use for your own personal gains. I'm sure they'll understand that perfectly. Moonshadow said sarcastically. Disguising yourself is a good idea. Because I doubt that conversation will end in hugs and kisses.
    "Well, there are very few hard facts involved here. If I could have access to her memories, then it would certainly smooth things over, but I do not believe I can prepare for such a event, given a lack of information."

Well I can't explain the science, but sure. Not everypony killed by the megaspells actually died. Their bodies died, sure, but somehow their souls remained attached to their bodies. So they still are able to walk around, and well, live basically. But they are effectively ageless, though their bodies do rot some. We call ponies like that ghouls. Point is Fan Knife has been in her filly's body for the last 200 years, though with her sister's help she's remained in somewhat good condition. Anyways so she's a two hundred year old filly that looks like a zombie. Moonshadow paused.

Her being a ninja is unrelated to that. That's just what she does. she added.
    "Well, that's certainly horrifying." Madeleine replied, "I suppose there are no laws against her existence, so I have no issue with it. Is this a common thing?"

"I wouldn't worry too much Madeleine," Stellar says, attempting to buff the marks off the gynoid's face. "A hair cut, some dye, and a little make up and I'd be surprised if anypony recognised you as the pony she was before."
    As Stellar managed to marginally buff the cyberbody's artificially squishy face, Madeleine hummed before replying.

"Perhaps, although I'd rather like to see if I can use the body's base functions before it is cut into. It might have the ability to alter it's own facial structure, for example. Stranger things were made."

Moonshadow shrugs. Eh, it always takes us forever to do anything.
    "I have yet to detect any firearm discharge or signs of conflict; for all I know, they might be singing. It might be wise to have more then three ponies down there, given that it is such a large complex. If they spend thirty minutes in every room they come across, that might be a problem. Perhaps some more eyes down there would be valuable?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-10-25 at 04:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

The big one, silently, began to walk towards Doc, it's pace glacial due to it's stubby legs having the apparent dexterity of a crude animatronic, a determined look on it's face. Behind it, the two other adults were watching Doc with obvious fear on their pudgy, childlike faces.
    "I think I stumbled upon Lilliput."

Doc gives a friendly wave at the approaching little pudgy critter. "Do you understand Equestrian? If I'm bothering you, I can leave. I was curious to see where the whispers were coming from."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, that's certainly horrifying." Madeleine replied, "I suppose there are no laws against her existence, so I have no issue with it. Is this a common thing?"

"I have yet to detect any firearm discharge or signs of conflict; for all I know, they might be singing. It might be wise to have more then three ponies down there, given that it is such a large complex. If they spend thirty minutes in every room they come across, that might be a problem. Perhaps some more eyes down there would be valuable?"
    Common enough. Moonshadow shrugged.

Maybe, but like I said, I'd rather find Fan Knife. Did you try using the robots to call out for her?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I stumbled upon Lilliput."

Doc gives a friendly wave at the approaching little pudgy critter. "Do you understand Equestrian? If I'm bothering you, I can leave. I was curious to see where the whispers were coming from."
    Doc was suddenly met with a cacophony of high pitched noises from the two fat ones and a burst of peeping noises from the assorted nugget-shaped critters, but the one marching towards him was silent until it was right up next to him.

The big purple one, in contrast, steadily marched towards him until it was close enough to touch him, which it did. By hugging his leg.

"Please be nue daddy." mumbled the purple equine thing, it's voice high pitched and cartoonish in a way, but sounding far too wearied to be mistaken for a childs.

Common enough. Moonshadow shrugged.
    The AI said nothing.

Maybe, but like I said, I'd rather find Fan Knife. Did you try using the robots to call out for her?
    "Can't call me, I'm already here." said the filly, who was near the door, wearing her hat and otherwise unclothed, perched on a collection of tubes near the wall and giving the two pegasi looks of curiosity.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-10-29 at 03:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323

The big purple one, in contrast, steadily marched towards him until it was close enough to touch him, which it did. By hugging his leg.

"Please be nue daddy." mumbled the purple equine thing, it's voice high pitched and cartoonish in a way, but sounding far too wearied to be mistaken for a childs.
    "Uhhh..." Welp, this was something he didn't expect. Dang it, the universe must be tauntin' him. Why couldn't they be mean varmints? Then it be easy to shoot 'em and burn this place down, but noooo, they had to be so damn cute and innocent. Sigh, Doc couldn't hurt these little critters.

"Alright, guess I can... take care of y'all for a bit. So what happen to your last daddy?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #324

"Can't call me, I'm already here." said the filly, who was near the door, wearing her hat and otherwise unclothed, perched on a collection of tubes near the wall and giving the two pegasi looks of curiosity.
    "Hey, Fan Knife!" Viridia beamed.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uhhh..." Welp, this was something he didn't expect. Dang it, the universe must be tauntin' him. Why couldn't they be mean varmints? Then it be easy to shoot 'em and burn this place down, but noooo, they had to be so damn cute and innocent. Sigh, Doc couldn't hurt these little critters.

"Alright, guess I can... take care of y'all for a bit. So what happen to your last daddy?"
    "Nue ever hab daddy." the critter replied, "Gib cutie name?"

As the creature spoke, the two fat ones slowly began to approach him, the little ones near them clinging to their fur or hanging tight on their backs.

"Hey, Fan Knife!" Viridia beamed.
    "Hey." the filly said, the look on her face calm, if slightly apathetic, even after glancing at the corpse on the table, "So, you guys are finished up down here? Where's everyone else?"

26. - Top - End - #326

"Nue ever hab daddy." the critter replied, "Gib cutie name?"

As the creature spoke, the two fat ones slowly began to approach him, the little ones near them clinging to their fur or hanging tight on their backs.
    Doc sat down and carefully lifted the critter. "No daddy, huh? So y'all were made, but weren't given to anyone yet. Makes sense, haven't seen any captured ponies around that would be your daddy. Alright, so you need a name? Your little friends there too probably want to be named as well?"

He pondered some names as he inspected them to ensure they were healthy looking.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"The robotic threat has been dealt with, and the disease contained," Stellar fills Fan Knife in.

"There was a pretty big fight against a robot, a unicorn assassin and a colossal goo monster we could have used your help with. Where have you been? The others are down in the labs seeing what they can find. Madeleine here helped us, so we're doing a her a favour by giving her a new body. Just need to wait for Doc and Choro to do the mechanicals."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2017-10-30 at 07:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #328

"Hey." the filly said, the look on her face calm, if slightly apathetic, even after glancing at the corpse on the table, "So, you guys are finished up down here? Where's everyone else?"
    "I did some of my Lightning no Jutsu. It didn't work on the giant goo monster, which is a thing now."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

"I did some of my Lightning no Jutsu. It didn't work on the giant goo monster, which is a thing now."
    Not anymore hopefully. According to Maddie, the robots I had her send destroyed it. Moonshadow said. And nice to see you Fan Knife, out of curiosity, when did we get separated?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc sat down and carefully lifted the critter. "No daddy, huh? So y'all were made, but weren't given to anyone yet. Makes sense, haven't seen any captured ponies around that would be your daddy. Alright, so you need a name? Your little friends there too probably want to be named as well?"

He pondered some names as he inspected them to ensure they were healthy looking.
    Doc was immediately met by a high-pitched chorus of voices that ranged from 'child like' to 'high-pitched edutainment character', and he saw not one, but seven other fat critters emerge from the hollow log that dominated that corner of the room, three with foals near them. In total, there was likely forty of the critters swarming him, and hurried cries of 'Be nue daddy?' and 'Daddy nab babbies?' was nearly deafening. The skinny one hugging his legs was joined by two others in similar states; although, most of the critters looked remarkably healthy and clean, even if they happened to smell like shampoo attempting to cover up the stench of unwashed hairy animals. Doc also spotted some with tiny horns on their head, and some with tiny wings on their back, although those otherwise didn't look any different from the others around it.

"The robotic threat has been dealt with, and the disease contained," Stellar fills Fan Knife in.

"There was a pretty big fight against a robot, a unicorn assassin and a colossal goo monster we could have used your help with. Where have you been? The others are down in the labs seeing what they can find. Madeleine here helped us, so we're doing a her a favour by giving her a new body. Just need to wait for Doc and Choro to do the mechanicals."
    Not anymore hopefully. According to Maddie, the robots I had her send destroyed it. Moonshadow said. And nice to see you Fan Knife, out of curiosity, when did we get separated?
    Fan Knife listened to the reports, nodding at each of the pegasi's answers, and then glanced at Moonshadow.

"It was the goats. There was a big Mr. Handy outside, and I decided to fight it; it was starting to snow again, so I grabbed my hat. I'll show you it when we leave, if you want to loot it or whatever."
    Fan Knife replied, before glancing at the computer in the middle of the room, after looking at the corpse, "Goo monster's not anything surprising; I kind of expected a giant black pudding or something like that to pop up. The unicorn's more interesting; I'm guessing you didn't kill it?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-10-30 at 10:39 PM.