New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Don't forget Technologies!
    Right! So at least +1 for Plate Armor so +47 Assuming they don't have more that we can't see.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Right! So at least +1 for Plate Armor so +47 Assuming they don't have more that we can't see.
    I thought Plate gave a +2...
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    I think they're due a bit of humbling from the combined forces of Telluris. Down with the Salterri!
    Looks like I started handing out ocean faring ships technology just at the right time!

Fleets! Get your Fleets here!

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

I thought Plate gave a +2...
    I'm forgetting the new rules on techs, you're right.

So +48 (Maybe more) and that's on a roll of a 10

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    I think they're due a bit of humbling from the combined forces of Telluris. Down with the Salterri! They've got my diplomats from several turns ago as well. I'd rather like them back.

Hopefully this doesn't end up like Carthage and Rome.
    Unless we get to be Rome maybe >.>

That is strange (And thank you for the help, you're better at this religious stuff xD)
    You needed an 8, so I figured help was necessary. : P
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 8 Stats!

Wenyavuk - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity, +2 Luck (+1 from Round 7, +1 from round 8). [Great] Resource Acquired – Wooly Mammoths

Gunung - +1 Diplomacy*, +1 Military

Celero - +2 Curiosity.

Kasumor - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity

Ignato Empire - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity

Calorum - +2 Faith

Genivana - +2 Faith

Hrathan-Tuor - +1 Military.

Raaneka - +1 Curiosity, [Great] Resource Acquired – Heartwine!

Qarimos - Inactive for 3 Rounds! Morph needs to contact!

Lyradis- +2 Curiosity, +2 Luck (+1 from Round 7, +1 from round 8)

Razdis - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military

Guilder - +1 Diplomacy*, +1 Military, +1 Luck. New ruler – Humperdink!

Keldagrim – Inactive for 1 Round.

Pryonia - +1 Curiosity. New Ruler – Rogar!

Empire of Santuary – +1 Faith.

Sympolemou - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity, +1 Luck. New Ruler – Ironfang!

Bordeux - +1 Curiosity, New Ruler – Cedrik!

Kingdom of Ashenia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity.

Tar - Inactive for 4 Rounds! In danger of Default!

The Jeweled Cities - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity.

Scla' Ca - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Faith.

Alydaxis - +1 Diplomacy*, +1 Military.

Grmanhil - +1 Diplomacy.

United Lacertian Dominion – Inactive for 1 Round.

Sycia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiousity.

GLWIH - +2 Curiosity (should region be approved)

Glazfell - +1 Diplomacy. +1 Military

*Per colonization, which is a Diplomacy, not Curiosity action.

All except Qarimos, Keldagrim and Tar get +1 to Active Rounds.

Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-17 at 11:58 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 8 Stats!

Raaneka - +1 Curiosity, [Great] Resource Acquired – Heartwine!
    Gah, good catch. I totally forgot to change my attribute info after I decided not to focus on Military last turn. Everything's up-to-date now.

This is a little after the fact... but should I have gotten +1 Luck in Round 7 for hosting the Raaneki Games? I'm not 100% sure how Luck increases work, and I know it was a poorly attended event in the grand scheme of things.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

As the guests enter the temple of Fabula, the High Priestess and temple's namesake herself is there to greet them. As lords, priests, kings, queens, and other important figures approach her, she greets each one with a simple "Ice to meet you."
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    As the guests enter the temple of Fabula, the High Priestess and temple's namesake herself is there to greet them. As lords, priests, kings, queens, and other important figures approach her, she greets each one with a simple "Ice to meet you."
    Are you sure you don't want to go with "It's very icccce to meet you?"
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Gah, good catch. I totally forgot to change my attribute info after I decided not to focus on Military last turn. Everything's up-to-date now.

This is a little after the fact... but should I have gotten +1 Luck in Round 7 for hosting the Raaneki Games? I'm not 100% sure how Luck increases work, and I know it was a poorly attended event in the grand scheme of things.
    Take that up with Morph, though I recomend not counting on any action granting a Luck bonus, even ones you may have previously received Luck from.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Take that up with Morph, though I recomend not counting on any action granting a Luck bonus, even ones you may have previously received Luck from.
    Exactly. I figured it was probably not a mistake, but since I was already bringing up attribute changes I thought I'd ask for clarification.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright folks! So the Ruler's post should be completely up to date as of this point. All stats should be good. Now to work on trade, which seems to be CRAZY this round.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-17 at 01:04 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that Kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon, Page 37

Telling one of my regular DnD players about our kobold situation made him swear that if he ever gets into Empire, he'll make an underground region with gnomes to thwart those foul kobolds.

I am assuming that Jonas and the monk he brought along will go wherever Paco goes.
    He very well may! You're free to jump into any threads with Jonas. After all, I don't think he can do anything action-worthy anymore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    I think I might be getting my words mixed up, so correct me if I'm wrong. Tekorva became Sanctuary correct? And Rain Dragon has left, so now Sanctuary is going to become inactive? I'm just wondering if Region 18B is going to be further contested or not (Is Sanctuary an NPC region controlled by Morph now?).
    Tekorva and Yorukuni became Sanctuary, yes. They've acquired the Heartwaste and Eyrecradia through diplomatic ties and bonds of blood and allegiance. Domhan Abhaile joined them. Sanctuary is still colonizing region 18B and has won the diplomatic roll in round 8. They have withdrawn the former Eyrecradian claims to region 4B in favour of their Kasumori allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I got a new ruler Wombat.

With regards to that: Morph, are there any rules expected on an Intrigue stat? I had some ideas about it, if you want me to post those here.
    Feel free to! I've got some good ideas for it, but they're not nearly enough to warrant it being a new stat, as a lot of it can fall under Diplomacy or Military.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Unless we get to be Rome maybe >.>
    Well, the Salterri Imperium sounds rather Latin, sooo~

*groan*

I'm all for puns, but whyyy is every ice person a punster? I'm honestly going to think of Fabula as Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mister Freeze in drag.

Next thing we now the next High Priestess is the reincarnation of Doomkhan Dyamus Ignato.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    He very well may! You're free to jump into any threads with Jonas. After all, I don't think he can do anything action-worthy anymore, right?
    Yes, he is a fluff person now. His daughter is in charge.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Telling one of my regular DnD players about our kobold situation made him swear that if he ever gets into Empire, he'll make an underground region with gnomes to thwart those foul kobolds.

Tekorva and Yorukuni became Sanctuary, yes. They've acquired the Heartwaste and Eyrecradia through diplomatic ties and bonds of blood and allegiance. Domhan Abhaile joined them. Sanctuary is still colonizing region 18B and has won the diplomatic roll in round 8. They have withdrawn the former Eyrecradian claims to region 4B in favour of their Kasumori allies.

Feel free to! I've got some good ideas for it, but they're not nearly enough to warrant it being a new stat, as a lot of it can fall under Diplomacy or Military.

Well, the Salterri Imperium sounds rather Latin, sooo~

*groan*

I'm all for puns, but whyyy is every ice person a punster? I'm honestly going to think of Fabula as Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mister Freeze in drag.

Next thing we now the next High Priestess is the reincarnation of Doomkhan Dyamus Ignato.
    Oh boy, this will be easy I'm sure...

Dang, sudden super expansion of Sanctuary.

Well, we still don't even know who exactly they're pissed at. I mean, we've got some ideas, but is it just the north? They still haven't named names.

You say that like it's a bad thing... The Doomkhan was charming! He could get people to convert. Or else...

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006

EMPIRES! Potential Intrigue Stat

Mechanics

-Each player rolls 1d4 to determine their Intrigue stat. This can be increased by successful Intrigue actions. A successful action is defined as beating the check sufficiently to accomplish a mission.
    -Intrigue checks are used by rolling 1d10 and adding Intrigue and 1/2 whatever other score applies. For clarification, this means adding 1/2 Curiosity for industrial espionage actions. You must beat your opponents score by 3 in order to accomplish a mission. If you beat it by less than 3, your mission is not accomplished, but you remain undiscovered. If you lose the check, you are discovered.
    Specials
    I5- Uncertain.
    I10- Spy Corps. A spy corps is established in a region owned by whoever is using the special. A Corps will add 1/2 to any checks for defending against Intrigue in their region. For every successful defense, you add 1/2 to the effectiveness of the Corps. For every failed defense, you subtract 1/2 from the effectiveness of the Corps. If a Corps effectiveness reaches 0, it is removed permanently.

This may not be enough for an entirely new stat, but may be useful still for espionage or assassinations.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Alright, Burch, I don't think I'm entirely sold. After all, since the Spy Corps is basically the intriguing equivalent of a Holy Order, why does it require a 10? It's not as powerful as a Winning Tactic, Technology, Great Kingdom, or Miracle, after all. Those four are game-changers, while the Spy Corps is a situational tiebreaker bonus that might just get destroyed by a bad roll the first time you use it.

Also, that system is terrible because it basically either wastes your effort the first time it gets used or becomes an unstoppable juggernaut.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Dang, sudden super expansion of Sanctuary.

Well, we still don't even know who exactly they're pissed at. I mean, we've got some ideas, but is it just the north? They still haven't named names.
    It's almost like that guy who inherited half of Europe.

They march toward Hrathan-Tuor, and there was a note that they don't intend conflict with Grmanhill (Did I spell that right?). It's safe to assume that they're attack Hrathan-Tuor at least.
    Anyways... The Salterri don't seem the type to send neat declarations of war. It would be quickest just to list the nations that may have offended them and assume they intend to put said nations to fire and sword. Probably something considerably less violent though. In any case, it doesn't particularly matter as they're marching on your ally's territory, you should prepare to meet them on the field of battle.

Note on the intrigue stat: Personally, I don't like the idea of having one. Seems an unnecessary complication to me.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to, but I'm just not sure why they'd attack Hrathan-Tuor. He's my ally sure, but he's really had nothing to do with the interactions with them and really how deep of an understanding do they have of our political system considering we know nothing of them? It would stand to reason we'd be aware if heavily armed, or just totally foreign men were wandering around our lands taking note of things. (Unless they're the only ones with an intrigue stat) My impression was they didn't give a crap about our political entities and we were all kind of equal scum to them.

It just makes me wonder if "towards" Hrathan-Tuor is the same as marching "on" them. They're ignoring Grrmanhill because they didn't realize they were out there, not out of intentionally avoiding them.

I agree that intrigue so far hasn't been convincing enough to have its own stat. The potential might be there but so far... meh

Anyway, here's an updated overworld country map

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Zap (not Raaneka) would imagine the Salterri Imperium is attacking any nation that was home to the leaders who went on that Venture to assassinate the Emperor. I'll bet the Imperium is attacking Hrathan-Tour because it's part of the Southern Triumvirate (pretty much a part of the Ignato Empire [hasty Doomkhan...] from such an outsider's perspective as the Imperium).

As far as action is concerned, if the Dawn League decides to go to war (we're discussing it at the moment) Grmanhil could prevent the Imperium from traveling through region 30, and we'd all end up fighting them there. I have no idea who all is considering attack, but the Dawn League could theoretically contribute at least 27,000 troops (I'm using the latest update to the Military & Population post, which is current as of March 10th).

I figured I might as well talk about the possibility while we're discussing it privately, so other players will know we're talking about it. Hopefully we'll have a decision by Wednesday.

EDIT (for Lord_Burch and zabbarot): I don't know what relations are like for you two, but it looks like both of you are trying to meet me at the Summit. How would you two feel about meeting me in Raaneka and all of us traveling on Raaneka's Qarimosi ships together? There's literally nothing like a Raaneki Party Barge.
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-17 at 02:02 PM.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Added Shikurai's region information to my compilation post. My internet was down, so it has a good amount of fluff. Even has some folklore in it.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT (for Lord_Burch and zabbarot): I don't know what relations are like for you two, but it looks like both of you are trying to meet me at the Summit. How would you two feel about meeting me in Raaneka and all of us traveling on Raaneka's Qarimosi ships together? There's literally nothing like a Raaneki Party Barge.
    Sure, I was wondering who I might sail with Though, you mind if we do a mini-rp of the boat ride somewhere? I feel like important facts could come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Out of Context View Post
    "Milady, if I may have a moment of your time? I am monk Paco Çimar Guzman of the Blazing Temple across the ocean. I have some questions for you, and mayhaps... a proposal."
    Paco is getting married?!
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Sure, I was wondering who I might sail with Though, you mind if we do a mini-rp of the boat ride somewhere? I feel like important facts could come up.
    Sounds good to me! I have the exact same feeling.

EDIT: Morph, If we end up doing this mini-RP, would it be OK if we just did it in the IC thread? I hate to clutter it unnecessarily, but it seems like a waste to make a whole new thread for what will certainly only be a few posts back and forth.
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-17 at 02:49 PM.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am totally coming to the summit. it looks cool(heh), and i have a cunning plan... sort of.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
    I am totally coming to the summit. it looks cool(heh), and i have a cunning plan... sort of.
    Sounds suspicious.

*Boosts guard*

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Burn the place down" is not a cunning plan. Nor is "blow the place up", for that matter. Even if you have enough manure to do so.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "Burn the place down" is not a cunning plan. Nor is "blow the place up", for that matter. Even if you have enough manure to do so.
    Sounds suspicious.

*Boosts guard*
    I am feeling so much love right now

But really, I am not the assassin type. Well, Rogar's not at least. It would take a ... Miracle for me to do something. Haven't had one of those in years. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh. :Evil chuckling continues for several minuets before stoping:

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Zap (not Raaneka) would imagine the Salterri Imperium is attacking any nation that was home to the leaders who went on that Venture to assassinate the Emperor. I'll bet the Imperium is attacking Hrathan-Tour because it's part of the Southern Triumvirate (pretty much a part of the Ignato Empire [hasty Doomkhan...] from such an outsider's perspective as the Imperium).
    It was just a local lord, not the emperor! Why would they get this incredibly pissed over it? Plus we really didn't get anything out of that venture to be worth this. It'll be a fun little adventure they said. Just a bit of revenge they said...

Could be. I dunno. I'm still not sure what they're doing. They could certainly be a little clearer, it's just common courtesy

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Orc in the Playground

I am feeling so much love right now

But really, I am not the assassin type. Well, Rogar's not at least. It would take a ... Miracle for me to do something. Haven't had one of those in years. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh. :Evil chuckling continues for several minuets before stoping:
    I swear to god if anyone else's religion tries to show mine up...

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Dwarf in the Playground

I swear to god if anyone else's religion tries to show mine up...
    but which god we've got like ten.