Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

Reroll of Toughness - (1d20+10)[19] (Hero Point reroll of Toughness save...forgot how to actually do this...treat the die result as a 19, so 29 total).

Tara is taken totally unawares by the enemy's attack, unable to even roll with it or bring her protection spell to bear. Only through sheer Nanbuesque luck does her barrier jacket hold, leaving her singed and somewhat disoriented, but still in the fight.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-25 at 06:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Smoking slightly, Tara's expression turns grim.

"That's because you're not the only one who can do that. Noble Ether! Cartridge Looooad!" she instructs.

The hilt of the device pumps in and out, firing and ejecting four shells in rapid succession! "Blade Fury!" Tara charges down at the retreating enemy, sword held high above her head, smashing through her defenses with a powerful blow (that leaves her equally wide open) and following up with a rapid succession of strokes from her supercharged device. "Zan zan zanzanzanzan!"

(Spending four cartridges to add +1 to my attack and the autofire modifier. All-out Attack for +5 Attack, -5 Defense).

Attack - (1d20+15)[34] (Damage +10, Autofire, Penetrating) (EDIT: Forgot the +1 for the cartridge and the +2 for charging! So 37 total on that attack. -7 Defense, though....)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-25 at 06:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Banned

Determined not to be outdone by Tara and equally determined to apprehend the woman, Mireio raised her bow. "We are not some random ground forces mages you can kick around. Yoichi, now."

The revolver chamber in the bow rotates four times, blowing an expended cartridge out each time. "Cartridge load. Armor Pierce, spreadfire version!" Countless arrows appeared around the girl, shooting directly at the woman in a seemingly endless barrage. The concentration on keeping the barrage up seems draining on the girl, however, as her movements in battle grows slightly slower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going pretty much the route of Nerdo with this. Adding autofire and +1 to the attack. Which means i forgot to add the +1 when i rolled. So i hit AC 31. Damage is +7 and autofire and penetrating.

Attack - (1d20+15)[30]
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-25 at 07:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

(You cannot hit her - the large robot obscures the hole in the ground she jumped into. If you somehow got past it, maybe you could attack her, but otherwise it's impossible.)

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

(Then move the previous action on to the robot in the hole. If i am lucky i might smash it enough to create a way through it.)
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-26 at 03:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+9)[29]
    Mireio's shots hit the robot in a chain of explosions on its armor, but none of them penetrate it. The armor itself got damaged rather heavily, though (1 damage).
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 05:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex - (1d20+8)[13]
    Toughness - (1d20+10)[12]

Chen has Evasion 2, and takes only half effect. Even so, she still fails her save -.-

Mildly bruised by the shockwave of the blast, Chen nonetheless recovers her acuity relatively quickly, jumping back into the fray with characteristic abandon.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seeing his teammates take care of the rest of the robots, and realizing everyone else had came out of it still standing. He moves over to Taltha to heal her. "Sorry for not being here during the important fight. Healing Touch."

((Has 4 ranks in it))
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Trying to get away?"

Chen thumbs a cartridge, clapping her hands together and thrusting three cartridges into a slot located behind her wrists. The gauntlets flash a brilliant blue, and a pair of spidery, silvery blades emerge from their wrist guards, bearing an uncanny resemblance to the Psi Blades of the long-gone Kra'Toss warrior caste.

Leaping forward, Chen spins and slashes all the enemies in her path in one swift motion. If she is able to break past the lines, she will somersault into the hole blasted by the woman, blades still extended.

PIME TARADOX!

Chen hits a robot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Expending three Cartridges for the Mass Charge Effect, and charging all the Robots at once, if possible.

Attack - (1d20+12)[16]

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

(Chen gets stunned and staggered - without the use of cartridges/extra effort she can only make one move OR standard action per round.

The only one who hasn't moved yet and is able to move in this turn is Tara [because the woman is not targettable], so let's wait for Nerdo before continuing.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 11:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

A frustrated look crept over Mireio's face as she saw the way the robot just ignored her attack. "Damn it. She got away. Lucius help Taltha, we will stop the robots and then try what we can find here." Still slightly winded and unbalanced from her attack she stood there looking at the last two robots almost challenging them to find some way of getting away as well.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Seeing his teammates take care of the rest of the robots, and realizing everyone else had came out of it still standing. He moves over to Taltha to heal her. "Sorry for not being here during the important fight. Healing Touch."

((Has 4 ranks in it))
    (If I understand this correctly, since I went directly to unconscious I only need to make a DC 10 roll, and you give me a +4 bonus... autosuccess. For once. Yay )

Once the energy of the healing touch makes Taltha's brain reboot, she opens her eyes, clouded by an obvious expression of pain. Still, she gets up, after staggering a bit, trying her best to stay strong and not prove even more of a liability.

"...thanks. What happened while I was out? Is Chen alright? And the kid?" she asks in a tired voice, her head still buzzing too much to allow her to assess the situation herself.

Ouch. It feels as if I was hit by a demolition engine she thinks to herself. Still... no broken bones, and it seems most of the bruising was already healed by Lucius's healing spells. Her barrier jacket would probably need a couple mends tomorrow, though.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Sigh. If that's the case, just apply my wtfpwnage to the boss robot.)
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

Mireio turned to glance at the newly recovered young woman as she rather incoherently started rambling off their status to her. "Chen has taken a beating, but is still fighting. Tara as well. I'm fine. The woman got away though. I think the girl is fine, but you need to ask Lucius. These large robots are tough, however."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[11]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[20]

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+10)[29]
    The flashes of Tara's weapon disappear... and then electric currents crawl over the robot's body, and it falls apart into several pieces! Right afterwards, these pieces explode, leaving only several, easily cleared mechanical elements that block the hole!

With Taltha losing consciousness, the chains disappear! The other two robots take advantage of it - the larger one charges at Chen and tries to slice her in two with one of its wrist-mounted axeblades (Chen, even in post-explosion shock, is too agile for the blow to connect), and the smaller one shoots a beam at Mireio, which connects!

(Toughness save DC: 22. As usual, deals bruises.)

Chen's attack gets stopped by the massive robot's thick armor.

(Characters who moved this round: Chen, Lucius.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 01:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Banned

Feeling a faint singed smell from her barrier jacket where the beam hit her, Mireio shrugged it off. "Almost there Yoichi, once more. Armor pierce." An unusually narrow, pointed arrow formed at Yoichi's grip before it sped off heading straight for the large robot aiming for the core of the machine.

Having fired her shot she hurled herself to the side through the air to get behind some of the remaining crates in the warehouse, hoping to get out of the way of future beams from the robots.

Toughness - (1d20+10)[24]
    Attack - (1d20+15)[20] (DC22 toughness, penetrating and full all-out attack once more)
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-26 at 01:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

"The girl is safe and with her father, Torn apologies for doubting you. Though I will need to see to your familiar. But you are alright?" With slight concern in his voice. Lucius glares at the last two robots, wishing he could attack them, but realizing his teammates could handle it.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+10)[13]
    Mireio's shot makes a large hole in the robot's chest, making it take a step back. The machine is still functioning, though (damage + stunned).
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 02:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara looks worriedly between the enemy's blocked escape route and her comrades. Mireio, Chen. Have you got things covered up here? I want to chase down the leader.

If they respond in the positive, Tara will use Scourge Form to clear out some of the debris and head after the bad guy. Otherwise, an attack roll on the minibossbot is forthcoming.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

Mireio turned to glance in the direction of Tara. She could not let the girl just run off like, she had to help her defeat the woman. Together they could do it, most likely at least. "It's too dangerous to go alone. I'll come with you. We need Chen to remove the wreckage so we can pass. Lucius and Taltha should be able to deal with these and can join up with us once the robots are defeated."
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-26 at 02:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Taltha cracks the slightest hint of a smile. That is good. She's safe...

Bang! Taltha recovers her perceptive functions in a flash when the sound of the shoots fills the air, followed by Tara and Mireio' questions. I thought we had already finished! she thinks, and pulls up quickly while her body protests the treatment. They had alredy fought, and the child was safe. It should be done already. She was starting to feel a somewhat unusual emotion - frustration.

"Yes, we will take care of everything here. Reinforcements should be about to arrive anyway. Please don't worry and chase her. She has a lot to answer for"

In fact...

"If you want to be able to catch her, I could boost your speed" she says

(delaying action momentarily until I know whether people want me to try to shoot the bigbot down, heal, or start putting everyone at about 2500 mph max speed - one every 6 seconds, tho, I don't have area yet - to be able to try to catch her)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-26 at 03:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara hesitates for another second, nods, and flies up to hit the larger robot with a flurry of whip strikes.

Attack - (1d20+10)[11] (Basic attack, Autofire, reach)
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

[Lex]Wrooooooooong![/Lex]

Hero Point reroll - (1d10+20)[28] (written as 1d10+10+10, because Hero Point rerolls are always 11-20).
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Banned

Thinking for a fraction of a second before answering Taltha's question. "Speed up me, Tara and Chen. We will go after the woman. You and Lucius will join up with us once the robots are dealt with, ok? I don't think any of us are seriously hurt so don't worry about that." With her directions answered she looked to the hole to see how easily she could get there and after the woman.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+9)[26]

Damn, this robot is tough. (Damage + stunned. Forgive me for such a brief description.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-26 at 03:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Thinking for a fraction of a second before answering Taltha's question. "Speed up me, Tara and Chen. We will go after the woman. You and Lucius will join up with us once the robots are dealt with, ok? I don't think any of us are seriously hurt so don't worry about that." With her directions answered she looked to the hole to see how easily she could get there and after the woman.
    Taltha nods from behind the box she had landed against - she had a position of cover, and she was hardly going to leave it until she finished - and answers Mireio instantly

"Understood. I can only do it one at a time, and it'll only last eight minutes, so make sure to act quickly and take much care. Also, I cannot route this to myself, so I'm afraid that, when or if I get to join you, I'd be much too late" The frustration in her mental voice is evident.

Still, she raises Freyalise a bit, and it shines

"Boost Sign: Sonic Flight".

And with that, Mireio is now the happy owner of 4 more ranks of Flight, putting her at rank 8, with an average speed of 2500 mph if I remember my tables correctly (also, if someone is less ranked, just throw me a cartridge or two. I sadly burned one too many against the robots)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-26 at 03:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Banned

Thinking for a moment at what Taltha was saying, Mireio nodded in her position of cover where Taltha could not actually see her. "Come join us anyway, we might need help after the fight as it is. Also there is no point in staying split up once the issue here has been solved. We can always ask the normal troops to do the investigation for us. Now if we could just blast that robot away. Can you strengthen Chen so she can remove it? Like the front door."

30. - Top - End - #240

"Need this?" Lucius hands Taltha one of his five remaining cartidges. "Though at the rate we're going, she'll be long gone by time we finish weird robot." Lucius hoping he was wrong.