New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wolf Coin: A Dresden Files Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    If the Denarians use the night kill on Snowblaze, does that mean that Denarian can no longer use the kill, or does the night kill power disappear from all Denarians? Or does vengeful not affect the Denarian powers?

Assuming Snow is honest about her vengeful ability, which I assume she is.
    No comment on the specifics of individual powers, I'm afraid.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    For obvious reasons I'm not revealing my target, however I am using the role block for the first time. So wish me luck.
    May as well claim, I’m also role blocking tonight.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Night 3 has ended

Please hold for the resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

In what is becoming a morbid habit, a body is found just as the sun peaks over the horizon. The grizzled warden is still clutching his sword, despite having been knocked through a wall and killed by magic.

gac3 has died, they were Donald Morgan.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Donald Morgan, a Warden of the White Council, tasked with hunting down those who break the laws of magic.

Once per night...
    • Put 'em in shackles: ...you may arrest someone and put them in magic suppressing shackles for the rest of the night, meaning they cannot actively use a power.
      ...or...
    • Tail 'em: ...you may attempt to follow someone and see who they target.

No Denarius was found on the body.

Day 4 has started

It will end 6 pm (European Central Time) on Sunday

(That is a little less than 24 hours as of this post. Note that days are now 24 hours long.)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I have tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas.

Xihirli ?

I mean, if Snow is a Denarian I'm screwed because I'm currently towning her.
    Zelphas claimed IRL, Togo is my second bet on a Denarian, Wombat is cleared as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think it were 4 at the start because I'd believe we'd have a game over right now, with 3v3 parity. So hopefully we just need to flush out two more, but we're 100% LyLo now - I don't buy that there were only two Denarians.

- - - Updated - - -

Xihirli , Now with extra bold
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay. Town dead, game not over. Maybe there's only two Denarians? I can hope.

Anyway. Wombat isn't a Denarian. So:

Zelphas/Xihirli/Togo/Xumtiil

Two wolves in the above. I think we should just finish off everyone claiming today, since this is definitely LyLo. And rl circumstances mean I won't be able to properly dig into things for a few hours.

Currently want to vote one of the Xs, but have roughly zero confidence in either being a wolf. If anyone has an actual case on anyone I would very much like to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I was toying with unpairing Xihirli/Togo because I don't think a wolf who hasn't contributed that much tries to pressure-wagon a partner who's contributed even less, but considering that it's Xihirli we're talking about...
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

You are Jared Kincaid, an infamous mercenary also known as the Hellhound, brought in to provide extra protection.
    I'm a JOAT that has one charge on 4 skills: self bane, send message, role scry and night vig.

Once per game I can recharge one skill, which I did night two to try to shoot Snow.

Yes, I shot Rogan. He was triggering me with his vote movements. Not that my other options were any better, because I was also considering Jeen or Meta at the time. I guess I'll have to turn in my vig card, although from the sound of it nobody was doing any better. This game is just hard, with so many low posters and no way of scrying alignment.
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Game

I'm an exhausted wreck with a patchy internet signal, so if I disappear I'm either asleep, have lost access or both.

Xumtiil, can you explain your townread on me please?

Zelphas, did you get a chance to look at Xumtiil overnight, and if so what were your conclusions?

Togo, who are the wolves iyo, and why? Xihirli, same question.

Wombat is not-Denarian but if he wants to share his thoughts on who the wolves are that would also be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Xihirli, why did you vote Wombat D2?

- - - Updated - - -

Skimmed through the low-poster ISOs, not seeing strong evidence either way. Prepared to accept that Zelphas isn't deliberately trying to stay utr but also I don't have strong reasons to townread him.

There's a couple of things from Togo I kind of like, but it's by no means enough to clear them in LyLo. Then again hoping to be able to confidently clear anyone in this gamestate is wishful thinking.

Xihirli I can't read. I think gac mentioned something about her not advocating mass murder being wolfy for her, will check.

I need to ISO Xumtiil. I do not want to ISO Xumtiil.

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Game

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I'm an exhausted wreck with a patchy internet signal, so if I disappear I'm either asleep, have lost access or both.

Xumtiil, can you explain your townread on me please?

Zelphas, did you get a chance to look at Xumtiil overnight, and if so what were your conclusions?

Togo, who are the wolves iyo, and why? Xihirli, same question.

Wombat is not-Denarian but if he wants to share his thoughts on who the wolves are that would also be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Xihirli, why did you vote Wombat D2?

- - - Updated - - -

Skimmed through the low-poster ISOs, not seeing strong evidence either way. Prepared to accept that Zelphas isn't deliberately trying to stay utr but also I don't have strong reasons to townread him.

There's a couple of things from Togo I kind of like, but it's by no means enough to clear them in LyLo. Then again hoping to be able to confidently clear anyone in this gamestate is wishful thinking.

Xihirli I can't read. I think gac mentioned something about her not advocating mass murder being wolfy for her, will check.

I need to ISO Xumtiil. I do not want to ISO Xumtiil.
    ISO'ing me is like trying to murder you D1. It's fun, but ultimately pointless.
    My townread on you is largely based on how I feel your play this game - it seems to me you're invested in solving and I haven't caught you out on a TMI or waffling, but there's a nonzero chance I'm just pocketed. I'm willing to re-evaluate you if we do manage to hit a Denarian tonight, but you're like one step up from Wombat in townleans currently. That said, I'm literally eyeing everyone but Wombat with a healthy dose of suspicion currently; so you're only towny in comparison really.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mmm. Makes sense. I was hoping to figure out if you were a wolf TMIing me town because I'm myself and hence extremely hard to mislynch, but... yeah, I get that reasoning especially from someone without firsthand experience of my wolfgame.

(This led to my mind going off on a tangent about whether I'm currently in my wolfrange, which is probably useless to non-me people but ftr ended in "probably not".)

And yeah. I'm probably going to make myself at least skim through that ISO but I'm not expecting to get that much out of it.

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

At the very least, Togo is not the one who sent the night kill tonight. Doesn’t mean he’s NOT a wolf, but it slightly reduces the likelihood. Still, top of my list.
    I think Book Wombat’s the serial killer. Still do, but that doesn’t matter if the wolves just kill us all anyway.
    One pairing I don’t think exists is Togo/Zelphas. Togo would have fired the NK tonight if those were the wolves, so there wouldn’t have been one.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Unless Gac roleblocked you. I don't see any hints as to who he would have targeted :/

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I'm still looking askance at Xihirli and Xumtiil. I don't feel I can articulate a good reason though. Something just feels off there.

I'll vote Xihirli, although I'm happy to be talked out of it if someone can make a strong case. Maybe Xihirili can suggest someone?
    Last edited by Togo; 2022-07-16 at 06:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Unless Gac roleblocked you. I don't see any hints as to who he would have targeted :/
    Yeah that would have been good to know.
    I’m thinking either Xumtiil or Togo for today. Whichever one of them is the first to not vote for me I’ll vote with.

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back. Whether or not Xumtiil is on my side they’ve worked hard for their victory. Togo is my guess.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning.

Should be able to check in a few times before EOD, but won't be properly around. Which means I should get a vote in.

Xihirli. I can't construct a good case on Xumtiil, and I do think Togo has had some decently towny moments. (If I squint enough.)

Sorry if I'm wrong.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Good grief. With nothing much to go on (and not much time to work with either), I'll put my vote on Xihirli as well.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

If that is all of your decision.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 4 has ended

Please hold for the resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

The possible suspects are getting fewer and fewer, until not even the Commander of the Wardens is above suspicion. She does not fall easily but in the end she cannot stand against the desperate and the deceptive.

Xihirli has died, they were Anastasia Luccio.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Anastasia Luccio, a Warden of the White Council, tasked with hunting down those who break the laws of magic.

Once per night...
    • Put 'em in shackles: ...you may arrest someone and put them in magic suppressing shackles for the rest of the night, meaning they cannot actively use a power.
      ...or...

No Denarius was found on the body.

With the death of Commander Luccio, every warden present has been killed. So has every member of the Senior Council, with the exception of the now powerless Blackstaff. There is no longer any reason for the Order of the Blackened Denarius to hide and they swiftly overwhelm and kill what little resistance remains. The White Council of Wizards has fallen.

The game has ended

The Order of the Blackened Denarius (bladescape, Snowblaze, Togo and Zelphas) has won.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone for playing. I hope you had fun.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post

The game has ended

The Order of the Blackened Denarius (bladescape, Snowblaze, Togo and Zelphas) has won.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone for playing. I hope you had fun.
    Congratulations.
    So my nagging suspiccion of Snow was correct. I should have stressed looking at the day 1 wagons some more, but I didn't expect to die that early...

Still, well played Snow, well played. Can we get a full rundown of the roles and actions, please?
    Congratulations for Togo, Blades and Zelphas as well.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Whelp. Well played, Snowblaze, well played.

- - - Updated - - -

I blame the weather here. Way too warm, so obviously I was comfortable in Snowblaze's pocket.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

I blame a certain vig, who killed me off before I had a chance to realy get into the game
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the game everyone! In hindsight I was kinda dumb, oh well. And the bladescape kill wasn't even on purpose...
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Still, well played Snow, well played. Can we get a full rundown of the roles and actions, please?
    Sure, but I'll be a little busy tonight so I probably won't have time to put it together until tomorrow or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Thanks for the game everyone! In hindsight I was kinda dumb, oh well. And the bladescape kill wasn't even on purpose...
    This was one of my favorite moments in the game. So funny. (I did feel a little bad for the wolves at the time, but since they didn't lose anyone afterwards... )

23. - Top - End - #413
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Congratulations to the wolves, you did very well!

All my sympathy to town <3
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Snowblaze, I want you to know that me and Valmark talked it over and agreed this counted as HIM losing to you, not me.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

:D

I have basically no idea how I survived that. Up until EOD2 I had stuff under control and then chaos happened. But yeah, I did not realise I could replicate my town self that well. I am never getting townread again.

Good to share wolfchat, which you'll be unsurprised to hear is at least 90% Snowblaze posts. And would like to see deadchat too, having spent a lot of time wondering what they were saying about me there.

I successfully proved AV wrong by hyperposting and endgaming as wolf. Though ironically my partners proved AV right just as effectively.

(Context: last game's deadchat, AV giving people towncred for producing content because being quiet is a good wolf strategy. )

Thanks to Zelphas and Togo for putting up with my hyperposting in wolfchat and going along with my strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    You ruined our chances of a brilliant wolfgame together by accident.

I guess I know who I'm voting next D1.

(Sorry about the part where I hard SK read you up until the Farmerbink shot, by the way. I wasn't pushing it because of self-preservation but there was definitely some tunneling in wolfchat on my part.)

More thoughts tomorrow!

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #416
    Firbolg in the Playground

I told you all Snow has to DIE! It was my first thing to say! It was my last thing to say! (And for all the wrong reasons on both counts, but I digress.)

Anyhow, from now on, if I try my hand at this ever again, the plan will simply read
    1. KILL Snow DEAD;
    2. KILL Snow DEAD again, even if that doesn't make sense;
    3. especially if that doesn't make sense. And then, then
    4. I'll put a bullet between the eyes of every endangered panda every single player that wouldn't scr… freaking talk to save its species their own miserable hide.

Further, and on a more personal note, Snow, "[y]ou'll never get away. (…) You will never get away. No matter how far you run, we're going to get you.
    The voice is flat, as though the [Flower] is reading a printed text. No emotion comes through. (…) We're going to tap you on the shoulder some day. We know what you look like. (…) If somebody taps you on the shoulder somewhere some day, it's us the [Flower] says. (…) You might forget what you did, but we will never forget. (…) You'll never get away."

(But seriously, you are good. Congratulations to you and the Silent Partners on winning this one. You've earned it.)

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I started off as town, and got converted to wolf halfway through the game - at just the point I was about denounce Snow as a wolf.

A very weird game from my point of view. Many thanks to all!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, these should be all of the roles. I did make some final adjustments just as I was sending them out (just how some things were phrased, I think) so if something doesn't match your actual description, the one you received was the most up to date one.

Just in case there's any confusion, out of the people who never flipped Snow was Chandler, Zelphas was Molly, Togo was Butters, Xum was Kincaid and BW was McCoy.

Spoiler: Ebenezar McCoy
    Show
    You are Ebenezar McCoy, the Blackstaff of the White Council, allowed to break the Laws of Magic in order to protect them.
    • The Blackstaff: Once per day/night cycle, you may write a player's name in orange and they will die instantly (or rather, as soon as I see what you're doing and have time to enact it) unless somehow protected.
    • Not easily killed: The first time you would have died, regardless of the cause, you do not.

Spoiler: Ancient Mai
    Show
    You are Ancient Mai, a member of the Senior Council, old even by wizard standards and surprisingly snarky.

Once per night...
    • The Sight: ...you can gaze upon another player and learn who they are and what they can do. However, the Fallen have learned to hide their presence from you, so you will not learn whether or not your target is possessed by one.
      ...or...
    • Take my umbrella, too: ...you may order another character to act as your bodyguard for the night. If you were to die, your bodyguard dies instead. (For gameplay reasons, the player you target won't actually know they're being ordered or by who).

Spoiler: Anastasia Luccio
    Show
    You are Anastasia Luccio, a Warden of the White Council, tasked with hunting down those who break the laws of magic.

Once per night...
      ...or...

Spoiler: Carlos Ramirez
    Show
    You are Carlos Ramirez, a Warden of the White Council, tasked with hunting down those who break the laws of magic.

Once per night...
      ...or...

Spoiler: Donald Morgan
    Show
    You are Donald Morgan, a Warden of the White Council, tasked with hunting down those who break the laws of magic.

Once per night...
      ...or...

Spoiler: Molly Carpenter
    Show
    You are Molly Carpenter, a skilled illusionist on very thin ice with the White Council.

Once per night...
    • Now you see me: ...you may create an illusion of a player, making it seem like they are targeting another player of your choice, in case anyone's watching,
      ...or...
    • Now you don't: ...you may turn a player invisible, making it impossible for anyone else to target them during the night.

Some time ago, you received a certain coin and became one of the Knights of the Blackened Denarius You may still only use one power each night.
    • If you're not with us: Once per night, you can attempt to kill another player. Only one Denarian may use this power each night.
    • Always bring a spare: In addition to your own coin, you have brought another denarius – complete with Fallen inside – and once per game you can attempt to slip it into someone's pocket at night, turning them into an ally. If you are killed before you have done so, the denarius will be found by the person responsible (or one of the people responsible, chosen at random) and possess them.

Spoiler: Aleron LeFortier
    Show
    You are Aleron LeFortier, a skilled illusionist and member of the Senior Council.

Once per night...
    • Now you see me: ...you may create an illusion of a player, making it seem like they are targeting another player of your choice, in case anyone's watching.
      ...or...
    • Now you don't: ...you may turn a player invisible, making it impossible for anyone else to target them during the night.

Spoiler: Rashid the Gatekeeper
    Show
    You are Rashid the Gatekeeper, a mysterious member of the Senior Council with even more mysterious powers of precognition.
    • The Sight: Once per night, you can gaze upon another player and learn who they are and what they can do. However, the Fallen have learned to hide their presence from you, so you will not learn whether or not your target is possessed by one.
    • The last thing I ever do: If you are killed, your powers of precognition allows you to hit the person responsible (or one of the people responsible, chosen at random) with your Death Curse, rendering them unable to actively use a power for the rest of the game.

Spoiler: Chandler
    Show
    You are Chandler, a Very British member of the White Council with unclear powers of divination.
    • The Sight: Once per night, you can gaze upon another player and learn who they are and what they can do. However, the Fallen have learned to hide their presence from you, so you will not learn whether or not your target is possessed by one.
    • The last thing I ever do: If you are killed, your powers of precognition allows you to hit the person responsible (or one of the people responsible, chosen at random) with your Death Curse, rendering them unable to actively use a power for the rest of the game.

Some time ago, you received a certain coin and became one of the Knights of the Blackened Denarius You may still only use one power each night.
    • If you're not with us: Once per night, you can attempt to kill another player. Only one Denarian may use this power each night.
    • Master of Shadows: Once per night, you can target another player and listen through the shadows for what they are doing, learning who they targeted that night and receiving any feedback your target does.

Spoiler: Mortimer Lindqvist
    Show
    You are Mortimer Lindqvist, a surprisingly competent ectomancer.
    • Chatting with the spirits: You have access to the Deadchat and may post there while still alive, if you wish to.
    • Channeling the spirits: Once per game, you may pick one character power of an available dead character and gain it as your own for the rest of the game.

• They look just like the real thing: You have brought an entire bag of ordinary denarii – with no Fallen inside – and once per night, you can attempt to slip one into someone's pocket. If still alive, the target will find the coin by the end of the following night (though they won't know who put it there). If the target dies before then, it will be found on their body.

Spoiler: Kumori
    Show
    You are Kumori, a mysterious necromancer of unclear allegiances (but for the sake of this game, a loyal member of town).
    • Chatting with the spirits: You have access to the Deadchat and may post there while still alive, if you wish to.
    • Channeling the spirits: Once per game, you may pick one character power of an available dead character and gain it as your own for the rest of the game.

Spoiler: Arthur Langtry
    Show
    You are Arthur Langtry, better known as the Merlin, the harsh but occasionally fair leader of the White Council.
    • Politician: Your vote always count as two votes.
    • I'm in charge here: Once per game, you can add an additional 10 votes when deciding who to lynch.

Spoiler: Samuel Peabody
    Show
    You are Samuel Peabody, a far too influential clerk working for the Senior Council.
    • I handle the paperwork: Your vote always count as two votes.
    • Mind-controlling ink: Once per game, you can add an additional 10 votes when deciding who to lynch.

Spoiler: Waldo Butters
    Show
    You are Waldo Butters, a medical examiner and polka lover with no magic of your own but quite a bit of knowledge of it.
    • Look at all these cool toys: You may not have magic powers, but that doesn't mean you don't have magic items. Once per night you may use one of them to turn invisible (meaning you can't be targeted by someone else), send one of the Fae Little Folk to deliver a message to someone (a message with the content of your choice will be sent privately and anonymously to another player), ask Bob for information about someone (you will be told another player's role and character powers, but not whether or not they are a Denarian) or attempt to kill someone. Each item only has a single charge.
    • Autopsy report: Once per game, you can investigate a dead body and learn who the last two people they encountered were (which will be the killer and another still living player chosen at random).

Spoiler: Jared Kincaid
    Show
    You are Jared Kincaid, an infamous mercenary also known as the Hellhound, brought in to provide extra protection.
    • Prepared for anything: You may not have magic powers, but it's amazing how much you can get done with guns and ductape. Once per night you may use one of them to camouflage yourself (meaning you can't be targeted by someone else), use a burner phone to deliver a message to someone (a message with the content of your choice will be sent privately and anonymously to another player), use facial recognition software to learn information about someone (you will be told another player's role and character powers, but not whether or not they are a Denarian) or attempt to kill someone with your trusty sniper rifle.. Each item only has a single charge.
    • Always bring a spare: Once per game, you can recharge one of your night powers, enabling you to use it a second time.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to pick my biggest disappointment with the game, it'd probably be that both necromancers died so early. I was curious to see what both teams having one of those might lead to (especially when it turned out to be blade and AV). I also didn't expect both of them to reveal themselves to the deadchat pretty much instantly, but that probably just shows I can't predict AV or blade worth a damn even when I'm the narrator.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

I blame the weather here. Way too warm, so obviously I was comfortable in Snowblaze's pocket.
    *snort* At least for part of the game, you had a lot of company.

I'm pretty new, at least to the forum boards versions, but I had fun trudging through the swamp with you all. If I may make a suggestion for future iterations? Give town one of the paladins with the ability to sense if someone has a coin. I don't know that I particularly expect it to have made more sense, but with literally no one who can identify alignment (or even make that claim falsely!) I feel like the wolves had a nearly insurmountable advantage.

Just my 2c, and I did have a lot of fun. I'm just looking back and trying to make sense of what a winning play would have looked like

Related: is there a better place to be to get some kind of notification when another starts up? XD You know, just in case.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    I'm pretty new, at least to the forum boards versions, but I had fun trudging through the swamp with you all. If I may make a suggestion for future iterations? Give town one of the paladins with the ability to sense if someone has a coin. I don't know that I particularly expect it to have made more sense, but with literally no one who can identify alignment (or even make that claim falsely!) I feel like the wolves had a nearly insurmountable advantage.
    Yeah, that sort of alignment scry is pretty common in these games but I intentionally decided to not include it, mainly because I feel like having something like that takes away from the investigation/deception angle of the game, since it can out a wolf no matter how good they are. Instead I included quite a few powers to detect actions and powers (and of course Butter's Autopsy report which is in some ways more powerful than a regular alignment scry but comes with its own limitations).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Related: is there a better place to be to get some kind of notification when another starts up? XD You know, just in case.
    Cao started recruitment for the next game today. I'm not sure if it's possible to get some sort of notifications about it. I guess maybe by subscribing to the Mafia Headquarters thread? Though there's posts about other stuff there too.