New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

Isanloff still wandered the first ring of the chains of the world. And felt a new keep built by willpower along his route. Belshorath his brother's palace and refuge. Although he felt Kiloasa's anger in the keep itself as well. He was not in the mood to deal with the chaotic and respectless god. He was a child yelling at his betters, not understanding what was truly at stake. For Isanloff felt hunger and starvation and suffering increase tenfold in the world below, and he grew angry that the other gods partied and played games while their charges suffered!

Enough!

Isanloff called forth for his ward. For the first time in three thousand years.

Cherubael

If truth be told, the last three thousand years have been amazing. Isanloff gave them power and laws, but then retreated from the world. True their new contracts were not as much fun, but their was a certain pride they each took when they took a good man, made him better and then watch as he corrupted himself. They didn't even need to do anything. It was Cherubael firm belief that each mortal was evil inside. Even the good men, given power were evil. Not that the gods were better. Being good was just a hypocritical evil. At least he was honest.

As lord of the daemons, he lived a pretty good life. The daemons underground ice keep survived far south of the land of beauty. Cherubael was hoping to sign a contract with dragon who ruled there....also get his hands on Orlur's mirth, but all those plans came to an end when he felt his lord awake.

And Cherubael was afraid.... what would isanloff think of the contract he had signed.... and so he waited in fear for days as the god still didn't call upon him...what was he...

And all of a sudden he was before Isanloff, looking at the mirror and all his sins and he cried as he knelled.

Lord Isanloff, welcome to the mortal realm once more!

Isanloff said nothing but gave him an icy chill in reply. Finally he turned his back on the daemon as said

Walk with me.

Cherubael could only follow. And Isanloff spoke

I read about your contracts. Well done, the empire ran smoothly and efficiently. Your vessels were evil and corrupt, but the empire they ran increased the greater good for all intents and purposes and if they were part of karma, as they should be, they still would have a net positive. Unfortunately it looks like Kiloasa destroyed all your hard work. In a fell swoop he deleted all of your contracts with out approaching you or I and brought suffering back to the mortal realms tenfold. Probably only out of hatred to me.

Isanloff paused

Regardless something must be done to decrease the suffering of the people in the land. I command you to write up another contract empowered by me, and you and your daemons shall walk the shattered goblin empire and politely offer each one a choice. You shall offer them a place in my dream. Give them the choice to Just drift off to sleep, and live happy with a healthy body, a life with your loved ones. all their needs met. All they have to do is sleep in that world for the rest of forever. A lovely, warm, never-ending dream....no not forever, but till they die. A dream that lasts till death and final judgement. Each person who accepts the offer take them to your keep, and I shall momentarily construct their sleeping chambers. Do not threaten them by force to accept or coerce them in any way, or you answer to me. Do I make myself clear?

Yes my lord.

Very well. Go forth and bring them the end of suffering! remember not all would choose to go, as it should be, we still need them to reproduce and sustain the world. But for those who are sick of the suffering caused by their gods, this is their respite. Now go!

Cherubael was suddenly within the great hall of the daemon underground ice fortress, and in the center stood a mausoleum of a sort. For all that chose end an to suffering shall be led here and placed in eternal blissful sleep. The inside of the tomb, was much larger than the outside, it was room enough for every mortal who would choose the experience machine

Isanloff still at the chains of the world, kept walking on the first ring, the opposite direction of his brother's castle. The winds and chill not accustomed to the change in Isanloff's direction swirled and became minuture whirlwinds, that harmlessly froze some gnomes here and there.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2 (+6 rollover) + 2 PAP

Create Relic: The final respite Experience_machine/Lotus Eater Machine

Basically the mausoleum has room enough for everyone inside it, due to hammer space. If a daemon offers you the choice you can accept or not, the choice is yours, but once you choose, the daemon will take you to their fortress, where you get to choose again to enter the tomb of your own free will or not. The daemons are bound by isanloff to return you to a place of your choice should you choose not to enter at either stage. Once you enter, you immediately fall into a deep sleep that grants whatever desirable or pleasurable experiences you could want. It's their personal paradise. Whatever they wanted most, all their life, is finally theirs. The tomb does not increase their life span, but it nourishes them through magic, so once they die of old age, they go on to hell or heaven. Their karma and reward was frozen to what it was before the tomb. So an evil man enters, has a personal paradise till they would naturally expire of old age, and then goes to hell.

AP left: 4 + 2 PAP
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-07-01 at 08:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

D. Construct

The Lizangel was ready. Warm as steam may be, it was not as hot as the flaming blade the hippotaur carried, and so it's heatsense worked well to identify the Hippotaur's location. The Lizangel slid to the side, punching for the top of the Hippotaur's head, trying to cave in it's helmet with a precise blow.

Ombra's eyes grew distant at this point, but he still watched the match with keen interest. Display fighter vitality.

Two health bars came up, indicating the Lizangel was at around 48% health.

More than I expected. He mused. Perhaps the characters are given high vitality to ensure all of the cards have a chance to act?

Shadow on the Mirror

Divine essence began to emanate from a being behind Isanloff, where he was quite certain none had been before. Ombra had stepped out of the mirror-faced god's shadow and was glaring at him.

Is slavery your only joy in life? Are you sincerely so evil? Ombra snarled. Or are you physically incapable of doing good?!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Barbarian in the Playground

Monte Mora
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone feel free to introduce a building, section of city, or character of any race as you see fit.

After the Ice age, when the Eltheins began to do well again, they looked for new trading routes with the Kalpans, and Monte Mora was born. Most of the city is built into the side of a mountain, but a pulley system of platforms, and hippogriff mounts make the situation easier. The other part of the city is floating platforms, and an underwater section of the mountain for Kalpan residents. After its founding, the city soon became a bustling hub of trade with all races welcome. Religion in the city is divided, and it would not be uncommon for an Elthien to worship aqaeris primarily, or a Kalpan to primarily worship Kipt. At some point, a Fall Knife faction settled in the city brought by ravenkin as well. With pickpockets, deceitful merchants, and counterfeit goods rampant there is always plenty of work for the killers. Only recently was a small police force formed to deal with the dark guild, among other things. However, without taxes, they are only paid by donations, making them a beggar guard of sorts. Its members risk their lives with little pay, because they feel that what there are doing is right. The force currently has two main leaders, an Elthien named Edrun, and a Kalpan as well. They do have several men serving with them, but how well they will do against the Fell Knives Assassins remains untested.
    Edrun walked the Gapbridge with two members of his guard and his hippogriff's reigns in hand. The Gapbridge is the area of the city where the mountains meet the water and the first raft is introduced to the cityscape. With one side being mountainous, and the other being a gap in the wooden floor for an entrance to the underwater section, the Gapbridge is usually bustling with people; the perfect place for crime.
    He passed several conspicuous people including a Ravenkin artist turned beggar, but the first thing that caught his attention was a heated argument between a Kalpan and an Elthein. The Kalpan was an old fisherman named Kank who was there to trade in fish and hope to make some profit out of it. He had a queer kind of underwater wooden boat that was not quite a submarine, but well equipped to fish underwater in it seemed. The Elthien was a sly looking young man dressed well, but not too well. He had a convincing way about him, and was bartering with the Fisherman about how much his sets of wooden armor were worth. "What is going on here?" Edrun asked as he approached the situation. He wore the red of the city watch which brought out the vibrant red in his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tried to leave as many ways possible to introduce an assassin into the situation; you can pick practically anyone introduced to be a secret assassin, or introduce a new element.

Razorpine Forest

Lansa despaired, but Atan looked more determined. Geodrick nodded, and picked up the fruit, sinking his teeth into it. "I suppose I do have to keep my strength up." He didn't even make a face when he ate the fruit, as if he had been eating them for years.
    After Atan set out, he soon found a badger without even looking. The scratches his uncle had gotten scarred him, but he proceeded anyways. He proceeded slowly, and began to coax it out. "Here, badger badger, badger Atan sang, and before he knew it, he was back with his tamed badger.
    Lansa had a tougher time catching her badger. At first she felt angry. Angry at the Staym for making her do this so uncomfortably, angry at her uncle for not being compassionate to her, and angry at her life for changing so fast. Next, she began to feel bad. Filled with self pity, she began to cry as she walked. She knew that she would have to do this still, so she pressed on and kept her eyes peeled for a badger. Finally, she found one. I have to get over myself she thought I have to do this, I have no other choice. So she awkwardly approached the badger with one hand outstretched. It was not enough though, and the badger pounced, raking her upper front leg. "Ahh!" she cried out in pain, and more tears crept to her face, slower than before though. She fell to her knees, and crept towards it again. This time, the Badger tackled her, biting and gnawing. Lansa found herself caught in a hurricane of pain. With the last of her strength, she put impulses aside, and simply pet the thing. Suddenly, she felt the gnawing and slashing stop. The badger Licked her face and despite her pain, Lansa couldn't help but smile. She trudged back to the spot where Staym, Geodrick, and Atan were, too sore to care about anything like nudity, and collapsed on a tree the second she arrived.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

D. Construct

Nettal watched as the Hippotaur's health bar dropped from 85% all the way down to 45% when the Lizangel punched through the Hippotaur's helmet and struck the back of its skull. "This could be the turning point of the fight." He said.

The Hippotaur turned around with surprising agility and reached out to grab the Lizangel in a tight bear hug where the flames of the sword could do the most damage to its reptilian foe.

Razorpine Forest

The next morning, all three Elthiens were awoken at dawn by the sound of thunder.

Stamyn had climed up into the canopy of the trees and was waiting for them there. Around them the rain poured down in sheets, nearly blinding them even as it sought to drown them.

"It seems Kiloasa is angry this day. You'd best climb up here before the storm makes it too difficult." Stamyn shouted at them.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Free Port

The Great Voyage

As the five Islanders entered the shop they were greeted by darkness and then a match lit in the corner. "I hear you looking fer Big Momma."

Willy bowed and backed out of the room.

The match lit a candle revealing the outline of an incredibly large woman sitting in the corner. Her features and all the details of her person are hidden in shadow. Even from those that can see in the dark!

"Well y'all found 'er. So what do y'all islanders wan' wit' little old me?"

The Skull & Dagger

A gaunt man with white hair walks into the tavern and up to the counter. "I'm looking for some... 'special services.'"

The Third Crusade

Cities fell. One after another all hard fought battles, but the knights conquered. The knights were always at the forefront, only one legion of knights out of the four that defended Calasanctium, but the Order of the Spear were among the greatest warriors in all creation and in this war, they showed it.

They were so used to killing werewolves, wargs, and wyrms. Men seemed all too easy. That was true... until the last city, the leader of the Free City alliance. The knights fought at the forefront once again, as they always had. But this time the knights were rebuffed. Again and again the knights failed to take the city of Freedom's Heart.

For a time 'Captain Eric' grew more and more agitated lashing out at his knights, such behavior caused concern but otherwise went unnoticed, they were all on edge.

Then, the knights captured a mercenary captain from Free Port.

"And you are certain he is not under the protection of karma?"

Jennifer nodded, "If one believes his bragging, yes."

"Throw him to the ghouls but slip him a knife. Make sure he can escape back to the city after he get bitten. Oh and how is Sophia?"

"Recovering still."

"After this war is over, I'll make sure to give you leave to visit her."

"Thank you sir."

He crossed his arms, "I don't have to tell you to keep this a secret?"

"Never sir."

There were three knights that knew the secret behind the ghouls and one of them was dead. A goblin ghoul was put into Captain Broderick's cage. The Captain killed it, but not before the ghoul got a bite in. From there, the imposter's plan worked too perfectly.

The Captain killed the ghoul (the body to be disposed of by Lady Jennifer at a later time), escaped from the camp (the guards having been called over by a seperate ghoul attack on the other side of camp), and made it into the city gates before he even felt sick, sealing the city's fate.

As the ghoul outbreak reached a fever pitch, the city guard turned on their superiors and opened the gates. The knights proceeded inside and saved the city. The knights' armor and skill protecting from the ghouls teeth. Their tactics forcing the ghouls into the city square where they were eliminated to the last.

From there, the city populace believed the knights, that their leaders caused the outbreak. The mob would have executed their own leaders, had the knights not protected them, so that they could face trial in the capital.

Thus ended the Calasancti war against the Free Cities, but as history would record, it was not the end of the Third Crusade.

The Council

"I've always preferred hard steel to the gnome's inventions. What service do you require in return? We already pray to Merolle every time we put our armor on."

Sophia

Spoiler
    Show
    This is coming, I promise.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-01 at 09:48 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Merolle pointedly ignores the happenings in Belsheroth's castle, focusing on an audience requested by a devout.

The Council

Amathol lowers his head.

"It is only natural to thank Merolle for your arms and armor, metal was his first gift to the world, from his own body, indeed. To wear and wield steel is to trust your life to the Machine God, there is no greater praise for him."

Also, kinky implications for the... Excessively devout.

"Back in my day we paid the prices of the gnomes by hiring out citizens to pray at the temples. One of the advantages of them not dealing with gold, we can keep such coinage to pay for those hired to meet out their prices, an excellent deal that I am sure they have already calculated into their fees. Nonetheless, I shall send for Abbadil and return with the price within the week."

Yeshon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are Sophia and Eric inside karma? Because if they are, they just broke its laws with what ammounts to genocide and accomplicity.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #1387

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Geasa

Merolle pointedly ignores the happenings in Belsheroth's castle, focusing on an audience requested by a devout.

The Council

Amathol lowers his head.

"It is only natural to thank Merolle for your arms and armor, metal was his first gift to the world, from his own body, indeed. To wear and wield steel is to trust your life to the Machine God, there is no greater praise for him."

"Back in my day we paid the prices of the gnomes by hiring out citizens to pray at the temples. One of the advantages of them not dealing with gold, we can keep such coinage to pay for those hired to meet out their prices, an excellent deal that I am sure they have already calculated into their fees. Nonetheless, I shall send for Abbadil and return with the price within the week."

Yeshon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are Sophia and Eric inside karma? Because if they are, they just broke its laws with what ammounts to genocide and accomplicity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    @ Draken: The Imposter 'Captain Eric' is not. Sophia is, but she's recovering at the capital and knows nothing of what just happened or of the ghouls. All she knows is that she's having really weird fever dreams after getting attacked by one of these things. Jennifer, the knight who helped the imposter, is also not under karma.

The Real Captain Eric discovered the conspiracy, he was under karma, but the ghoul caught him unarmed and the imposter wasn't controlling said ghoul at the time of the killing.

He is exploiting the heck out of loop holes

The Council

The knight nodded, "All right, I'll hear the price before voicing any opinion on the matter."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Kiloasa pierced the entryway with a bolt of sylvan magic and the door to Belsheroth's meditation chamber blew open with magical force. Rabid energy crackled along the length of his form. Green flames licked at the walls following his trail of destruction.

You insult me, scold me, assault my children, destroy my works, disrespect me in front of my guests, violate the sanctity of my hospitality and then flee when confronted with your crimes... and you EXPECT ME to be CALM when I speak to you?

You are an utter fool, Belsheroth. A sad, deluded clown who cannot see past his own arrogance well enough to know the difference between caution and cowardice. I have never been so insulted and offended in my life, and you expect me to stand by? I will have my blood price, from you or from your children. You will pay for the crimes you have committed and I will have my justice, mark my words.

You could have performed almost any other action and achieved better results, but instead you destroyed my greatest success. You could have simply removed the seal from the Empire and freed the souls. You could have cursed the Archliches to prevent them from geasing the land itself, to keep them from creating those seals. You could have gone with me to Isanloff and asked him to intercede with his children on behalf of the dead. Anything, ANYTHING would have been better than what you did.

My children starve and fight and riot in their homeland because of what you did. They suffer needlessly and inflict unimaginable cruelties upon each other because you did not think before you acted. What happened to your gentle touch? The philosophy I so greatly admired you for? You have lost my respect Belsheroth, and my friendship.

Until such time as you admit your wrong, to me and to the goblins who suffer because of your actions, consider us at war. Whatever you create from now on, I will destroy. Whatever you love, I will hate. Whatever you desire, I will steal it from you until you know suffering equal to that which you have caused.
    The magical fury of Kiloasa pulsed, cracking the room around the two gods. He seethed and waited for a response from the Starlit Reaper.
    Belsheroth still did not turn to greet Kiloasa.
    I hardly fled Young One. The structure you see around you contrasts most strongly with the terrain of Geasa.
    And if you are so wise, then tell me... What should I have done? Should I have allowed such abominations to continue to live and act against us? Need I remind you that they have spent three thousand years perpetrating their crimes?
    We are Gods. We are capable of many things. The deed cannot be undone, but the aftermath need not continue in this way. If you care for the Goblins as much as you claim, then use your power and protect them.
    Provide them with the knowledge of Divine Magic so that they may heal and protect one another.
    My Clerics exist solely to provide endless guidance without my interference. Their will is their own. You would be wise to pursue a similar plan.
    Now that the tumour has been cut out, the gentle care of the patient shall begin.

He crafted a small dagger of starlight and placed it on the floor before himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The Council

Amathol lowers his head.

Yeshon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Council

The knight nodded, "All right, I'll hear the price before voicing any opinion on the matter."
    Then it is agreed. Patriarch Amathol will commune with Abadil and provide us with the details.
    We shall meet again when the promised sign appears in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Which it kind of has as I already put it in place.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Great Voyage

As the five Islanders entered the shop they were greeted by darkness and then a match lit in the corner. "I hear you looking fer Big Momma."

Willy bowed and backed out of the room.

The match lit a candle revealing the outline of an incredibly large woman sitting in the corner. Her features and all the details of her person are hidden in shadow. Even from those that can see in the dark!

"Well y'all found 'er. So what do y'all islanders wan' wit' little old me?"
    [/Quote]

Kuruk was unsure whether or not he should bow to Big Momma, but he figured it was better to play things safe. He dipped his head and spoke, another crack in his voice.

"We are... emissaries, from... from somewhere far away." He motioned for the Knights to bring the chest forward. "Our King has commanded us to explore the world, and we came to Free Port as the first stop on our journey. We have brought tribute, and we seek knowledge, maps, and trade with the outside world. Can you aid us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Belsheroth still did not turn to greet Kiloasa.
    I hardly fled Young One. The structure you see around you contrasts most strongly with the terrain of Geasa.
    And if you are so wise, then tell me... What should I have done? Should I have allowed such abominations to continue to live and act against us? Need I remind you that they have spent three thousand years perpetrating their crimes?
    We are Gods. We are capable of many things. The deed cannot be undone, but the aftermath need not continue in this way. If you care for the Goblins as much as you claim, then use your power and protect them.
    Provide them with the knowledge of Divine Magic so that they may heal and protect one another.
    My Clerics exist solely to provide endless guidance without my interference. Their will is their own. You would be wise to pursue a similar plan.
    Now that the tumour has been cut out, the gentle care of the patient shall begin.

He crafted a small dagger of starlight and placed it on the floor before himself.
    There was no more need for words. Belsheroth would never admit wrongdoing, and it was clear that he didn't even realize that he was responsible for the deaths of millions.

Kiloasa's rage took form then. In the air appeared a double headed great axe made entirely of obsidian. The edges of the blade hummed with power and even light that passed too near the edge found itself sliced in two. Kiloasa poured the very essence of his wrath into the axe, filling it with all his fury and disgust.

The patients are DEAD! They cannot be cured, the cannot be healed, your "surgery" killed them. The lives of every goblin killed lie at your feet. You will pay for their deaths Belsheroth. Kiloasa took the axe in both hands and brought it down with all his might, aiming for the back of Belsheroth's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 7 PAP: 1
    Create Relic: 4 AP The Obsidian Axe +2 RCR
    Infuse Relic- 2 AP The Obsidian Axe +2 RCR
    Final AP: 1 PAP: 1

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+7)[10] +3 Intermediate Deity, +4 Infused Relic

I'm not forcing you to roll, but at the same time Kiloasa isn't going to back down here.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

There was no more need for words. Belsheroth would never admit wrongdoing, and it was clear that he didn't even realize that he was responsible for the deaths of millions.

Kiloasa's rage took form then. In the air appeared a double headed great axe made entirely of obsidian. The edges of the blade hummed with power and even light that passed too near the edge found itself sliced in two. Kiloasa poured the very essence of his wrath into the axe, filling it with all his fury and disgust.

The patients are DEAD! They cannot be cured, the cannot be healed, your "surgery" killed them. The lives of every goblin killed lie at your feet. You will pay for their deaths Belsheroth. Kiloasa took the axe in both hands and brought it down with all his might, aiming for the back of Belsheroth's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 7 PAP: 1
    Create Relic: 4 AP The Obsidian Axe +2 RCR
    Infuse Relic- 2 AP The Obsidian Axe +2 RCR
    Final AP: 1 PAP: 1

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+2)[3] +3 Intermediate Deity, +4 Infused Relic

I'm not forcing you to roll, but at the same time Kiloasa isn't going to back down here.
    Belsheroth rolled forward, grabbing the dagger.
    He stood to face his Nephew, his cloak parting slightly to reveal his armour. Gauntlets formed, completing the set.
    Who said anything about patients? The Empire still exists and can be saved should you desire. As the dead are so important to you, I will allow those within the Forests who died because of my actions to be reborn. On the provision that they not remember who they were previously.
    He walked, circling the Archdruid, dagger held ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see if I can remember how to roll...
    (1d6+2)[3]
    It's very likely that Belsheroth will lose this fight, roll or no roll. But if I win the rolling, can I blind Kiloasa's left eye before being defeated?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Belsheroth rolled forward, grabbing the dagger.
    He stood to face his Nephew, his cloak parting slightly to reveal his armour. Gauntlets formed, completing the set.
    Who said anything about patients? The Empire still exists and can be saved should you desire. As the dead are so important to you, I will allow those within the Forests who died because of my actions to be reborn. On the provision that they not remember who they were previously.
    He walked, circling the Archdruid, dagger held ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see if I can remember how to roll...
    [roll0]
    It's very likely that Belsheroth will lose this fight, roll or no roll. But if I win the rolling, can I blind Kiloasa's left eye before being defeated?
    YOU DID, YOU IDIOT! Kiloasa's Obsidian Axe came in a low crescent arc, sweeping up and to the left. It caught Belsheroth just below the hip and bit deep into his abdomen. No armor could hope to stop its infinite edge. Your blood is only the first. I will take my blood price from you, from your Belsherai and from your clerics. You demand that I act, and then act before I even have time to consider my options. You destroy that which is not yours without any thought to the consequences.

Kiloasa drew the axe back and readied for another strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT: Just to be clear, Belsheroth did make an explicit reference to patients and excising cancer. That's why Kiloasa called him an idiot.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

YOU DID, YOU IDIOT! Kiloasa's Obsidian Axe came in a low crescent arc, sweeping up and to the left. It caught Belsheroth just below the hip and bit deep into his abdomen. No armor could hope to stop its infinite edge. Your blood is only the first. I will take my blood price from you, from your Belsherai and from your clerics. You demand that I act, and then act before I even have time to consider my options. You destroy that which is not yours without any thought to the consequences.

Kiloasa drew the axe back and readied for another strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT: Just to be clear, Belsheroth did make an explicit reference to patients and excising cancer. That's why Kiloasa called him an idiot.
    Belsheroth winced ever so slightly in pain as his blood began to flow out and stain his cloak and armour. He should be fine... He really didn't need a liver...
    Obviously, your rage has rendered you deaf. I said patient, not patients.
    And if you want blood, take it from one who can defend himself!

He brought up his dagger and lunged forth with surprising speed aiming for Kiloasa's heart, taking no precautions to defend himself. If Kiloasa wanted blood, he'd get it. His blood began to flow through grooves in the floor.
    Outside, a light appeared above Geasa moving toward the Halls of Death.

Spoiler
    Show
    The lack of pluralisation is significant.
    In other words, the Empire can be saved, the Goblins who died... Well, not without resurrecting them somehow. Which is probably where reincarnation is going to come in.
    And don't worry, the light is just Brightfire disobeying Belsheroth's instructions.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #1393

The Great Voyage

Saul sets down the chest and opens it, revealing hundreds of pearls, the currency of the Isle. Big Momma chuckles,

"My, my, you are trying to impress aren't you. So much fer such a little thing? Y'all must be pretty well off in that ole 'Hidden Isle' o' yours."

Sandra's eyes widened, "Ho-"

"I'm Big Momma childe, I know everything that go on in Free Port. Besides you relying on sailors to keep your secret. Get a sailor drunk enough an' he tell you where his momma's earrings is buried. It don' take much more than that to find out 'bout your 'Hidden Isle.'"

She pauses, considering, "But I got no problem helping y'all. Jus' as long as you sen' some trade our way."

You can't tell, but you are very certain she is smiling in those shadows.

The Calasancti Capital

One of the nurses came in with fresh sheets for Sophia. The girl had been drifting in and out of consciousness for weeks, it was wonder she was still alive.

"Poor thing, may Belsheroth heal you Soph-" the nurse stopped as she opened the door.

Only to find Sophia's bed stripped and a trail of sheets leading out the window. The nurse dropped the sheets and ran down the Hall. "Marren! Marren!"

When she finally found him all she could get out was a sobbed message, "She- Sophia- She's gone!"

On a Stolen (she left some gold) Horse Riding East

Sophia rode hard, she knew. The dreams had told her, Captain Eric wasn't really Captain Eric. No one would believe her, they'd call her crazy or worse a traitor. Her only hope was to confront this Imposter directly, but that was suicide, at least as she was now.

The image of a sword decorated in runes danced in front of her. She knew that if she found this sword she'd have a chance against this imposter.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will get to the rest later.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

Shadow on the Mirror

Divine essence began to emanate from a being behind Isanloff, where he was quite certain none had been before. Ombra had stepped out of the mirror-faced god's shadow and was glaring at him.

Is slavery your only joy in life? Are you sincerely so evil? Ombra snarled. Or are you physically incapable of doing good?!
    To be fair Isanloff's shadow was behind him and a little to the left, so when Ombra glared at him Isanloff was still walking away from Belshorath's keep. He didn't stop walking, actually it was more like floating, if ombra wanted to keep up with him he would have had to break off into a not mysterious at all jog to keep up with the Elder god. All in all, the appearance wouldn't have come off that mysterious and cool, unless Ombra just stood there, which would mean that Isanloff was a good deal away and moving further.

Either way Isanloff didn't turn around and kept floating onward in his accustomed path (although in reverse). He felt the newcomer's energy and knew him for his grandson - also one of those tampering with karma. Still floating away from Ombra, who is either following him or can't here him - Isanloff sighed and spoke

Dear Grandson, what brings you to me?
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-07-02 at 09:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Exachix View Post
    The Divine Party

An interesting chain of events. Perhaps I should... no.

Lilli looks to the new god. "I suppose someone should say hello, but there seems to be some.. disruption. Maybe it will resolve itself soon." She looks back to the game. "I think you're lying, but I could always be wrong." She smiles faintly, and flickers. "With Belsheroth gone how will this game proceed? I propose we merely discard his cards and continue."
    The Divine Party

Yohalles stares at Lilli for a short while before getting up, sniffing the air. He tenatively aproaches her and lightly sniffs the air around her. Excuse me.....I don't mean to interrupt your game but Lilli.....you smell like.....kin Yohalles's face is a mix of confusion and curiousity.

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine most gods have some way of having an idea what gods are they're related to. Yohalles literally sniffs them out.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    To be fair Isanloff's shadow was behind him and a little to the left, so when Ombra glared at him Isanloff was still walking away from Belshorath's keep. He didn't stop walking, actually it was more like floating, if ombra wanted to keep up with him he would have had to break off into a not mysterious at all jog to keep up with the Elder god. All in all, the appearance wouldn't have come off that mysterious and cool, unless Ombra just stood there, which would mean that Isanloff was a good deal away and moving further.

Either way Isanloff didn't turn around and kept floating onward in his accustomed path (although in reverse). He felt the newcomer's energy and knew him for his grandson - also one of those tampering with karma. Still floating away from Ombra, who is either following him or can't here him - Isanloff sighed and spoke

Dear Grandson, what brings you to me?
    Ombra kept pace with Isanloff, not particularly caring about looking mysterious or cool, even though his player did. He kept his arms clasped in front of him and kept his dark glare on Isanloff beneath his hood. He was floating at about Isanloff's pace ((which HT assumes wasn't more than Ombra's max speed)) and kept his glare fixed on the elder god.

You've been enslaving the mortals. A lot and often. And every time anything has been created to fix that, you have manipulated your systems more and more to enslave them more and more. Further-

Ombra crashed into something very big and obvious. Something he probably would've seen if he'd been looking forward. Isanloff would've had a few seconds before Ombra caught up again, continuing as if nothing had happened.

-your systems have only grown more tyrannical. Karma? Amor fati? His eyes narrowed.

((considered this.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, your daughter is my aunt, very pretty and I like her. But that's tangential to the discussion.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #1397

Free Port
    The Skull & Dagger

A gaunt man with white hair walks into the tavern and up to the counter. "I'm looking for some... 'special services.'"
    Free Port

The barman leans over and grins a toothless grin. With no sound, he pushes a note across the counter to the man.
    "Here's the details for the best ones. Clean. Acrobatic. All downstairs for your delight" He smiles. "I'm sure that's not what you're looking for though. Still, no need to worry, the being you're looking for is downstairs anyway, straight ahead." He indicates to a door by the counter, with a sign saying 'private'.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Monte Mora
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone feel free to introduce a building, section of city, or character of any race as you see fit.

After the Ice age, when the Eltheins began to do well again, they looked for new trading routes with the Kalpans, and Monte Mora was born. Most of the city is built into the side of a mountain, but a pulley system of platforms, and hippogriff mounts make the situation easier. The other part of the city is floating platforms, and an underwater section of the mountain for Kalpan residents. After its founding, the city soon became a bustling hub of trade with all races welcome. Religion in the city is divided, and it would not be uncommon for an Elthien to worship aqaeris primarily, or a Kalpan to primarily worship Kipt. At some point, a Fall Knife faction settled in the city brought by ravenkin as well. With pickpockets, deceitful merchants, and counterfeit goods rampant there is always plenty of work for the killers. Only recently was a small police force formed to deal with the dark guild, among other things. However, without taxes, they are only paid by donations, making them a beggar guard of sorts. Its members risk their lives with little pay, because they feel that what there are doing is right. The force currently has two main leaders, an Elthien named Edrun, and a Kalpan as well. They do have several men serving with them, but how well they will do against the Fell Knives Assassins remains untested.
    Edrun walked the Gapbridge with two members of his guard and his hippogriff's reigns in hand. The Gapbridge is the area of the city where the mountains meet the water and the first raft is introduced to the cityscape. With one side being mountainous, and the other being a gap in the wooden floor for an entrance to the underwater section, the Gapbridge is usually bustling with people; the perfect place for crime.
    He passed several conspicuous people including a Ravenkin artist turned beggar, but the first thing that caught his attention was a heated argument between a Kalpan and an Elthein. The Kalpan was an old fisherman named Kank who was there to trade in fish and hope to make some profit out of it. He had a queer kind of underwater wooden boat that was not quite a submarine, but well equipped to fish underwater in it seemed. The Elthien was a sly looking young man dressed well, but not too well. He had a convincing way about him, and was bartering with the Fisherman about how much his sets of wooden armor were worth. "What is going on here?" Edrun asked as he approached the situation. He wore the red of the city watch which brought out the vibrant red in his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tried to leave as many ways possible to introduce an assassin into the situation; you can pick practically anyone introduced to be a secret assassin, or introduce a new element.
    The Elthien looked at Edrun, then back to Kank and merely smiled. "Ah! Our antics have grabbed the attention of a guardsman. Good sir, there is nothing to worry about. He gestures to Kank, who sneers. "This man's trying to overcharge me!"
    "Now let's not get too hasty here! This is some of the finest wares I have, and I only stock the finest materials."
    Kank spat. "If this is the best you've got you're clearly not much of a merchant. I've seen finer items made in the Age of Ice!"
    The Elthien turned to Edrun. "As you can see, he clearly isn't thinking straight."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm leaving my options open here as to who it is, but probably the Elthien. I assume the armour trade is Elthien -> Kank.

On that note, are there any Elthien naming conventions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    The Divine Party

Yohalles stares at Lilli for a short while before getting up, sniffing the air. He tenatively aproaches her and lightly sniffs the air around her. Excuse me.....I don't mean to interrupt your game but Lilli.....you smell like.....kin Yohalles's face is a mix of confusion and curiousity.

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine most gods have some way of having an idea what gods are they're related to. Yohalles literally sniffs them out.
    The Divine Party

"No worries, I don't know what you mean." She looks at Yohalles, adopting an expression of confusion. "Although you seem of familiar essence. Part of me is tempted to call you brother. Would you mind telling me how you were made?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:8
    +4 Rollover
    AP:12
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1398

Free Port

The Skull & Dagger

The man examines the note and proceeds downstairs. He was old and the women were tempting, but his business was not with whores and he dared not fail his employer.

He continued straight ahead.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #1399

Free Port - The Skull and Dagger

The note contains a room number (4) and a price (lots), but that is neither here nor there. Descending the stairs leads the man to a corridor with a left branch and a forward branch. To the left, a selection of doors, with room numbers, are easily found.

Forwards, the corridor extends a short distance, before coming to three doors, two opposite each other, and a third straight on. The central door is ajar, and inside a sullen green glow permeated.

"Ah a visitor, please come in."

Within the room lie a desk, stacked with paperwork, chairs and a chest off to one side. On the far left is a set of equipment currently piping and heating a strange liquid around in loops.
    Last edited by Exachix; 2012-07-02 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Wrong text colour
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400

Free Port

The Skull & Dagger

The man enters, looking around nervously. When he speaks there is only a slight tremor in his voice.

"I-I trust you are the one I speak to, in order to have a certain person taken care of?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #1401

Parvis grinned a malevolent grin. "Indeed I am. One? Two? Lots more?" He pulled out a bottle of wine and poured two glasses. "Sit and don't be afraid." He hands one over, before taking a sip of his own, and a seat.
    Last edited by Exachix; 2012-07-02 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Wrong text colour
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402

Parvis grinned a malevolent grin. "Indeed I am. One? Two? Lots more?" He pulled out a bottle of wine and poured two glasses. "Sit and don't be afraid." He hands one over, before taking a sip of his own, and a seat.
    "The target is one, but I've no idea how many you'll need to kill before getting to him."

The man sits down and begins to gingerly sip the cup.

"The man I want taken care of is one Gregory of the House Raptor, he's a Ravenkin who seems interested in establishing order in this city. Usually my employer or another concerned citizen would simply kill him, but he is under the protection of karma."

The man frowns, "As such any who kill him directly risk the wrath of the Inevitables, but I trust you can find a creative solution to this problem?"

He takes another drink, "The person I represent wishes to remain annonymous until the conclusion of this deal and depending on how well you perform will consider going to you far more frequently than now."

He pulls out a purse with a healthy weight of gold. "I was asked to give you this as payment for this meeting, no strings attached. If you accept and perform the job you will receive twice as much upon its completion."

He goes to extra lengths to maintain the employer's annonymity but there are only a few people in Free Port who're here often enough to benefit from keeping the Fell Knives on retainer. Only one of these has the funds to do so.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Isanloff continues on his path pretty much assuming Ombra is keeping up with him, which frankly isn't that hard. It was like brisk walking speed, not quite a jog. He sighed and if he had a head he would have rubbed his temples in annoyance.

Teachers and Parents are often mistakenly assumed to be foul taskmasters regardless of the good they do. If that is my lot, then I am content. Yet I am not in the mood for a philosophical debate, state your grievance and proposed solution, and I will simply tell you if it is acceptable or not.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    @Halftangible: Did you lose track of our D. Construct game? The hippotaur was trying to wrap the Lizangel in a bear hug so that the sword could burn him.

Belsheroth winced ever so slightly in pain as his blood began to flow out and stain his cloak and armour. He should be fine... He really didn't need a liver...
    Obviously, your rage has rendered you deaf. I said patient, not patients.
    And if you want blood, take it from one who can defend himself!

He brought up his dagger and lunged forth with surprising speed aiming for Kiloasa's heart, taking no precautions to defend himself. If Kiloasa wanted blood, he'd get it. His blood began to flow through grooves in the floor.
    Outside, a light appeared above Geasa moving toward the Halls of Death.

Spoiler
    Show
    The lack of pluralisation is significant.
    In other words, the Empire can be saved, the Goblins who died... Well, not without resurrecting them somehow. Which is probably where reincarnation is going to come in.
    And don't worry, the light is just Brightfire disobeying Belsheroth's instructions.
    Kilasa vanished just as the dagger was about to pierce his heart. There was a gust of wind and the Arch-Druid reappeared behind Belsheroth. Vines came up from the floor, trying to entangle themselves around the god of death's feet.

I don't give a 햄버거 about the 이웃집 아저씨 Empire! A country is NOTHING without its people! YOU killed them, and you refuse to admit it! I will drag you before every god in creation and force you to admit to the genocide of my children and you will be judged for it, Belsheroth. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS REMOVE THE SEAL AGAINST DEATH but NO! You had to go and strike down every goblin that stood against you. Were your feelings hurt, Belsheroth? How do you think I feel, you 난 널 사랑해? They are my children, and the DESPISE ME! You are nothing to them, and you are nothing to me. The words that Kiloasa uttered were so absolutely vile that the universe itself would not allow them to be heard. Kiloasa raised his axe over his head and brought it down hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I know there are other ways to render curse words, but I figure deific curse words deserve some special treatment. I apologize if anyone is Korean. The words I typed into Google Translate are (in order): "Hamburger", "Uncle" and "I love you" .

Also, the vines are going trying to wrap around Belsheroth's legs and arms, pulling him down on his hands and knees so that Kiloasa can deliver an executioner's strike.

The Great Voyage

Saul sets down the chest and opens it, revealing hundreds of pearls, the currency of the Isle. Big Momma chuckles,

"My, my, you are trying to impress aren't you. So much fer such a little thing? Y'all must be pretty well off in that ole 'Hidden Isle' o' yours."

Sandra's eyes widened, "Ho-"

"I'm Big Momma childe, I know everything that go on in Free Port. Besides you relying on sailors to keep your secret. Get a sailor drunk enough an' he tell you where his momma's earrings is buried. It don' take much more than that to find out 'bout your 'Hidden Isle.'"

She pauses, considering, "But I got no problem helping y'all. Jus' as long as you sen' some trade our way."

You can't tell, but you are very certain she is smiling in those shadows.
    "Naturally we would send trade your way. Free Port is the nearest city to our homeland. Should we draw up a contract?" Kuruk was finally in his element, contract negotiations. He was certain that he could put together something that would do wonders for the Hidden Isle, and more trade was always a good thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 1 PAP: 1
    Create Concept: Pearl Farming. 1 PAP
    The Kalpans and goblins of the Hidden Isle have learned the secrets to farming oysters for pearls. On the Hidden Isle, pearls are extremely common and used for currency. This is because the waters around the Isle are literally perfect for oysters.
    Final AP: 1 PAP: 0
    This is just a fluff thing, but maybe someone will get greedy and want to get their hands on the pearl farms.

25. - Top - End - #1405

"An inventive solution will be found this problem, you can be sure of that." Parvis grins. "Karma has been a... problem in the past, but I'm sure I can find a solution."

He takes the pouch and puts it to one side. "Interesting. I am certain that we will be doing business again, with you and your unnamed employer." With that he finishes his wine.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've just realized I've been using the wrong text colour
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1406

Free Port

The Great Voyage

Big Momma laughs, "Contract don' do much good here childe. Your word is all that matter here. Course you don' keep it I got way o' making you pay."

Kuruk gets the very unpleasant feeling that this is by no means an idle threat.

"I wanna see Free Port prosper after all."

Sandra has a problem hiding her scowl, And you with it I bet.

"O' course childe! Why else would I want Free Port to grow?"

Sandra nearly choked, "H-How did you-"

"Ah, it's nuthing special hun, I jus' read the look on your face."

Of course it may be more than excellent darkvision, body linguistics, and luck, but it's hard to tell.

The Skull & Dagger

The man follows Parvis's lead and drains the last of his wine clearly relieved. "Very well, I'll leave you to it."

He gets up to leave, "You probably don't need it, but good luck."

With that (so long as he can) he leaves the Skull & Dagger to head towards the West End.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-02 at 02:45 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

She looks at Yohalles, adopting an expression of confusion. "Although you seem of familiar essence. Part of me is tempted to call you brother. Would you mind telling me how you were made?"
    The Divine Party
    Yohalles ponders for a bit I....don't know. For a long time I was....less.....a shadow....I walked through the High Roads and helped. Travelers, wanderers, then beasts of all kinds. he looks down at himself with a slight look of wonder. Then.....I am....this. I....created life. his eyes go wide I created life! I created life and gave them magic and gave them purpose and gave one an artifact and....I CREATED LIFE! Yohalles seems EXTREMELY EXCITED about this.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

D. Construct

Nettal watched as the Hippotaur's health bar dropped from 85% all the way down to 45% when the Lizangel punched through the Hippotaur's helmet and struck the back of its skull. "This could be the turning point of the fight." He said.

The Hippotaur turned around with surprising agility and reached out to grab the Lizangel in a tight bear hug where the flames of the sword could do the most damage to its reptilian foe.
    The Lizangel was more agile than the Hippotaur but not faster - it was caught. The flames continued to tick down the Lizangel's health as it struggled to break free.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Isanloff continues on his path pretty much assuming Ombra is keeping up with him, which frankly isn't that hard. It was like brisk walking speed, not quite a jog. He sighed and if he had a head he would have rubbed his temples in annoyance.

Teachers and Parents are often mistakenly assumed to be foul taskmasters regardless of the good they do. If that is my lot, then I am content. Yet I am not in the mood for a philosophical debate, state your grievance and proposed solution, and I will simply tell you if it is acceptable or not.
    Good. I'm not here to discuss anything with you, monster.

My grievance is that you exist. That you perpetrate evil beyond imagining and think yourself a good man. That you are beyond evil and think yourself a good man. He placed himself right in front of Isanloff.

My solution is what it always is. His eyes narrowed. "Suffer not the tyrant to live".

... But you are family, and a god. He continued. So instead I'm going to ask you to stop. You get one warning. That was it.

He ignored any rebuttal Isanloff may give and stepped back into the shadows.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-02 at 04:14 PM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #1409

Divine Party

Kipt smiles and says "It seems that we have another new god in our midst. Welcome to the world, Yohalles. I am Kipt."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think we should just roll, say we did it, and be done with this game of bluff. [roll]1d10[/roll]

Monte Mora

Edrun looked at the two sternly and said "I just don't want any... problems," pausing to let it sink in and for the situation to hopefully die down. "Neither of you have to trade with the other if you don't want to, remember that." Edrun continued.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is pretty much anything you want, although they usually don't have very exotic sounding names. I just get lazy and take a name I already know and change some letters around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behind the curtain:
    Tallier=Talin (Northern Rebirth, Battle for Wesnoth)
    Pala= Paula
    Geodrick=Rodrick
    Lansa=Sansa (Game of Thrones)
    Atan=Atom
    Edrun=Edron (I made a dnd character named Edron once. Ed + Ron)

Razorpine Forest

The Elthiens climbed the tree without much difficulty. Lansa sat on a branch in the background, clutching her knees to her chest with one hand, and steadying herself on another branch with the other. She was wet already, but sat behind the tree and out of the rain. Atan made himself comfortable, leaning his back against the tree with legs outstretched on the branch he sat on. There was a gap in the leaves above him, making it not the best branch for the storm, but he didn't seem to mind. Geodrick stood on his branch next to Stamyn, pushing his wet long hair out of his face. "So Kiloasa controls the weather then?" he asked "Does that make a druid... more powerful for worshiping Kiloasa?" When he mentions power, his eyes glint with interest.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-02 at 09:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1410

BlueWizardGirl

The Divine Party

Tresingiis sees Gwyn leave, and do more for the goblins than he has yet, and feels ashamed that she has acted quicker for the goblins of the desert than he. "Pardon me, but I must do more that is in my power to help." And he vanishes like a flash.

The Red Desert: Shreddokk

The chiefs where able to assemble, but not until after dusk. The sands hardly seemed red or yellow, but more a pale grey in the moonlight. The sand was cool, and was even comfortable. Despite the heat of the desert during the day, the dry desert air cools off quickly without the sun's smoldering rays. It wasn't yet cold, for the sun had just gone down, but there was an eerie calm to the circle as the tribesmen gathered around. The circle was a ring of large rocks with a wooden platform at one end. The boulders made nice seats for the Cretaum, in their height. Reddulch seemed daunting to the tribesmen who had not heard of his encounter with Tresingiis earlier that day.

They had named him Head Chief, but he hadn't had to do anything, and it was thought of little until now. There was chatter of worry, and about what he had possibly gathered them for. Reddulch stood up and spoke at last, " I have called you all here tonight to answer the call of Tresingiis, the father of our people, and the prince of the shifting sands. He has granted me power, and our people the ability to survive in the desert as we are. He has given us a great task to overcome. There is war between gods now, and The Lokab Empire has been reduced to shambles. Their curses blocked, their forces penetrated, and their Liches destroyed by Belsheroth. Their people, the goblins, are sick, staving, thirsty, and famished. We must help them recover, and feed them, and treat them like our own people. It is the wish of Tresingiis that we build societies commingled between goblins and Cretaum, that we may rule the desert, and that our tribes may tame this part of world. Tresingiis has given us the gift to find water. It will aid us in helping the goblins overcome their ruined empire. Who of you will rise to the call, and volunteer to lead a scouting party to leave tonight?"

A dark blue scaled, courageous looking Cretaum who had been given the name of Drestin stood up. "I will lead this part. I will leave at once with six other Cretaum whom I know from my tribe."

"Go then, and we will finish our meeting."

Drestin walks off into a part of Shreddokk where he looks for those who will be part of his scouting party.

" There's more. I will organize a force. Ultimately, all of our host will carry spears and a pack with the things necessary to healing, and surviving in the desert. Herbs, wood and iron are hard to find in the desert though, and we have hardly been around to trade, so when we leave, we won't be prepared as we could be. we can't all leave tonight, or even tomorrow, but youwill find and gather all that you can in the village tonight" and he points to another chief with dark green scales, thinner, and faster than most. It is known that his name is Leon.

"This being our first combine tribe meeting, me as your chief, there is one other issue I wish to attend to before you are dismissed to ready your individual tribes for the journey. Our desert comes to an end at a place called 'Freeport.' I feel like trading with them could be in our benefit."

"Perhaps we have enough on our plate for now. we can't afford a caravan west as well as sending the number required east. We should send Drestin's party when they return from gathering whatever information we sent them to go get." This coming from Leon, who seemed to be the only one willing to speak up among the god appointed hero who led them.

"I see your point, Leon." He paused for a moment. "You will stay here when we leave. I will hardly have time to confront them when they get back, as soon as we are ready, we have to move out, no time can be spared. You will greet them once they get back, and assign them their next task. You will be second in command, and you will stay in the city in case an issue arises that needs attention that I cannot spare."

It looks like he is about to dismiss everyone when he spots something in the sky. A hawk with the head of a man and different colored feathers in it's wings. " It seems Tresingiis wishes to see of our progress. "

He lands, and takes the form of a Cretaum for the sake of familiarity, and addresses the Head Chief, Reddulch. " We need to hasten the schedule, What have you done so far?"

The Head Chief Reddulch responds to Tresingiis, "We have sent a scouting party. We are gathering supplies so we can leave soon. It won't be tonight, tomorrow, we will finish gathering supplies, and organize, and leave."

"You mean, you won't even leave until tomorrow? Okay, You have until mid afternoon, organize your force, and be ready tomorrow. I will make the journey more swift from that point. I must leave. And like that, he left. The chiefs where dismissed. They all returned to their tribes and recruited. Some volunteered, others where drafted in a sense. But by midnight, thousands of helpers where organized, and through the morning, more and more where called. There was a host, 10,000 large with supplies waiting in the shifting sand by the appointed time for Tresingiis' return.

The Lokab Empire

Spoiler
    Show
    This happens the same night, just after Tresingiis leaves Shreddokk in the red desert. I finished the part of the post about the Cretaum the next morning, but Tresingiis still did the following that night.

Tresingiis goes to and sees the empire in ruins. He knows order can only come with civilization, which he will bring with those Cretaumfolk. he can't tonight, but he can help the sick, and famished goblins. He blesses the desert with a new plant for the sick and hungry.

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 7 +1 PAP
    Bless -1 AP
    Remaining AP: 6 AP + 1 PAP

I have blessed the desert with the ponja fruit. I will explain what they do.

The desert has been blessed with Ponja fruit, these purple fruit grow despite the desert heat, they have green stems, and grow off of a vine like pumpkins do. They are about the size of pears, but on the inside, they have the consistency of cherries without pits. They are light purple, with green stems wrapped around them.and are a good meal, and sweet refreshment for any weary traveler in the desert. In addition to sustenance, these fruit heal sickness. He makes sure that the fruit runs commonly through all parts of the desert, but especially where the goblins of the Lokab Empire are located.

Spoiler
    Show
    They do not heal all sicknesses, just mundane ones like flu, colds, and mild poisons. Well crafted poisons, Lycanthropy, severe illness such as small pox, cancer, or any plague or magical sickness are unaffected.

His hope is that the goblins will eat it, and stay alive, out of so much pain until the host of Cretaum walk the part of the desert they inhabit. He can't do anything about the chaos or anarchy until they arrive. He seeks out Gwyn, and conveys" I will do much to help these people. You aren't alone in your efforts."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick