New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XI: "Mmph!"

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    So, I started writing Semper Fidelis. I'm after some opinions, mainly,
    Spoiler
    Show
    do people approve of how Big Mac interacts with Apple Bloom here? They've never actually talked in the show, so this is just my imagination.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FE/edit?hl=en#
    Seems about right. Note that I have little or no experience on the typical American South family interactions though.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

This is the best Doctor Who related project ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjG0t...layer_embedded
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    What if they govern the various forces of nature and such like the Greek gods? Or maybe they're immortal ponies of the three races. I don't imagine the pony deity of say, trade to need much in the way of magical powers. S/He'd probably be an earth pony or unicorn.

On the other hand, an Alicorn using vast magical powers for mundane stuff is kind of funny.
    ...I am considering writing this, but had pre-readers tell me all sorts of stuff in that fic was dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Well as far as I remember, there is the theory that information is distributed within a populace according to the probability of it being true; thus asking more and more people about something will give you an result that approximates the real value. 8I wish I remember where I heard that).

And no love for Blueblood? The Viscount of Whiny? The Sire of Selfishness? The Paragon of Parasitism?

Spoiler
    Show
    ...I sort of like him

I wonder what a ponygod of trade would do all day. Traditonal gods of sun and moon did move the moon to keep the world working just as Celestia and Luna do. But in equestria the ponies themselves keep the world running, so the idea of an god who just represents a certain force seems odd. Would such a pony good send out letters to big corporations to remind them to make more sales, call up shop owners who want to sleep in and tells ponies what the exact demand curve of their product is? The latter would be very useful.
    <shrug> The same thing as Roman/Greek one?

That is, being prayed to by ponies wishing to have financial success (trivia - gods of trade were often gods of thieves, too ), wishing to avoid bad exchange and inflation rates, or unhonest business partners, all while the god lied on his back, doing noting but eating peeled grapes, and collecting big offerings?

After all, that's how it worked in RL

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Trixie and Rarity may be best, of the ponies.

Oh wait, did I say Trixie, and Rarity? I meant Luna.
    <Yawn>

Once you use their real names, not inflated ones, Trixie is still on top ;P

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    My favourite pony is Surprise from the g1 t.v. series.
    Ah, one of the few cases where concept design was better than the show one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Earz View Post
    I'm sure this was already brought up but if you rule, i don't know, all of Equestria, wouldn't you collect taxes, not pay for them? And in MLP:FiM
    why would there be taxes? That seems so un-friendship-y
    Seeing main source of income of Nobles in FiM seems to be exploiting their peasants, and other profits from holdings, and seeing Celestia is top noble, she earns income the same way as the others, so unless she has specific exemption, she pays taxes the same as the rest.

Which might be academic difference, as feudal state "belongs" to the ruler, so it might just mean Celestia just moves money from one pile to the other, changing nothing, except wasting money at extra accounting.

Why would be taxes? As they say, there are only two sure things, death and taxes, and Celestia proved first one is not that sure after all
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ponyard Kipling it is.
    But help me pony pun the last name a little. i dont want the reference to be TOO obvious.
    Crop could take the place of Kip, or is that too much of a stretch? On the other hoof, what Bobcat says makes sense.

It's two o'clock in the morning. Why am I posting about ponies?r

EDIT: I have not forgotten that I upped the ante on tonberrian's bondage bet last thread. I will be trying my hand at writing a ponyfic, but I cannot promise that I will get it to a point where I am comfortable showing it to others. I'll be starting on that just as soon as my imagination stops being broken again.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-06-24 at 04:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Hence them getting screwed this generation.

... I try to imagine the worst possible Pony Paragons for the Pegasi and Earth Ponies.

All I can come up with is the pony equivalent of Buck Strickland from King of the Hill.

Or possibly Pony Sheen.
    You wanna know what's really creepy? When I awoke from meditating to regain my spells this morning, one of my random mind-booting-up thoughts was about a earth-pony Prince.

Whose return to Canterlot would strike terror in the hearts of the aristocrats. Him being of the same sort of noble blood as Blueblood, but being some sort of scatter-braineded chap (perhaps an inventor or something) utterly incapable of understanding ettique ("Hey Aunty C!") He'd been away for some time and was now returning back via Ponyville - and he's an aquintance of Twilight (though Spike knew him better, Spike actually leaving the library in some time). Hilarity would doubtless ensue, especailly if the two had grown up a bit in the intervening time...

(Yes, my early morning musing are quite random but often highly detailed...)

But this means I'm thinking about the same things the rest of the thread is WHILE NOT EVEN BEING THERE.

Really, really creepy.

And, y'know, this is a LICH sayin' that...

EdIt: Yeah, I see him now, he's completely bonkers, like what would happen if you crossed Twlight with Pinkie Pie and added a dash of Doctor Insano. You know ,the sort of person that would use napalm as an ingredient in a cupcake - FOR SCIENCE! He'd have an explosion as a cutie mark, and would be best remembered for that time he set Prince Blueblood's mane on fire in the throneroom. (Celestia considers him her favourite nephew, and gleefully looks forward to the ensuing chaos...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-24 at 05:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    It's not that different than before, really...all the other ponies have been making borderline-inappropriate horn jokes for ages now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    My favourite pony is Surprise from the g1 t.v. series.
    I didn't expect that...

Celestia: NO NO NO! I was trying to get out of TAXES. THAT'S WHAT COOKING THE BOOKS MEANS. Now I'm going to get audited, you stupid foal!

Twilight: ... oh (wearing chef's hat, boiling pot of books)
    Celestia just asked the wrong pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    <shrug> The same thing as Roman/Greek one?

That is, being prayed to by ponies wishing to have financial success (trivia - gods of trade were often gods of thieves, too ), wishing to avoid bad exchange and inflation rates, or unhonest business partners, all while the god lied on his back, doing noting but eating peeled grapes, and collecting big offerings?

After all, that's how it worked in RL
    So, basically they are supply side economists. [/economic joke]
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-06-24 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    You wanna know what's really creepy? When I awoke from meditating to regain my spells this morning, one of my random mind-booting-up thoughts was about a earth-pony Prince.

Whose return to Canterlot would strike terror in the hearts of the aristocrats. Him being of the same sort of noble blood as Blueblood, but being some sort of scatter-braineded chap (perhaps an inventor or something) utterly incapable of understanding ettique ("Hey Aunty C!") He'd been away for some time and was now returning back via Ponyville - and he's an aquintance of Twilight (though Spike knew him better, Spike actually leaving the library in some time). Hilarity would doubtless ensue, especailly if the two had grown up a bit in the intervening time...

(Yes, my early morning musing are quite random but often highly detailed...)

But this means I'm thinking about the same things the rest of the thread is WHILE NOT EVEN BEING THERE.

Really, really creepy.

And, y'know, this is a LICH sayin' that...

EdIt: Yeah, I see him now, he's completely bonkers, like what would happen if you crossed Twlight with Pinkie Pie and added a dash of Doctor Insano. You know ,the sort of person that would use napalm as an ingredient in a cupcake - FOR SCIENCE! He'd have an explosion as a cutie mark, and would be best remembered for that time he set Prince Blueblood's mane on fire in the throneroom. (Celestia considers him her favourite nephew, and gleefully looks forward to the ensuing chaos...)
    You just described Uncle Fester. Or Prince Fester in this case.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "...."

And then the tax collection agency is on the moon. And ponies lived happily ever after, tax free. Before Equestria's economy collapsed some two years after the event anyway.
    And then the economy was banished to the moon for failing and a new, stronger economy was given it's job.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You just described Uncle Fester. Or Prince Fester in this case.
    Huh.

Personality-wise, I guess you're right, actually. A younger Fester without the Addams-Family-grosse, maybe, but a Fester nontheless...

Though to be fair, Prince Fester would make for an entertaining story all in itself! Have we had Pony x Addams family yet? If not, we totally should...

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    do people approve of how Big Mac interacts with Apple Bloom here? They've never actually talked in the show, so this is just my imagination.

And now I have something to read over my lunch break. Yay!

I don't think I've seen an Addams Family/Pony crossover yet. Though now that it's been brought up, the collective internet will surely have spawned a few pictures already.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-24 at 08:07 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Actually he means COMPLEAT. It's a sort of meme thing.
    MY meme thing.
    I just have to keep mentioning this or some neighsayer will claim it was theirs.
    ALL WILL BE COMPLEAT. PONYREXIA WILL MAKE YOU WHOLE.
    YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE HERD.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Big Sister is watching you...
    Win. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    She could never bondage the world. It's too big for anypony,
    Except me!

(bondages world)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    MY meme thing.
    I just have to keep mentioning this or some neighsayer will claim it was theirs.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
    Why are you trying to steal my meme thing?

Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-24 at 08:30 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

MY meme thing.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Win. xD

Except me!

(bondages world)
    Hmmm, I dunno, Ponyrexia just doesn't seem to roll off the tongue quite right. Ponrexia? Ponyxia? I'm sure we can come up with better.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Except me!

(bondages world)

...Why are there ropes going across my house?

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    ...Why are there ropes going across my house?
    "Bon-Bon! Did you leave those ropes on the kitchen table again?"

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Why are you trying to steal my meme thing?

I'm gonna bondage you so much.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yay, sequel.

Some comments:

Spoiler
    Show
    Meeting big brothers was awkward enough, but Maciontosh sounded even bigger than his squadmate Hermes, and Hermes needed his own custom sized Wonderbolt uniform.
    Little typo in Macintosh' name.
    Most Minor nitpick: Since this is sportswear for professionals, wouldn't all uniforms be custom sized? I assume that in-universe ponies do have different sizes and body structures.Admittetly I couldn't come up with something better than "and the team's tailors named a new size category after him".
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

I did not agree to thi--

Wait, Tonberrian this time?

<walks away pouting> :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

There's debauchery here! Debauchery, debauchery, yay!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Can I have exclusive photography rights, I have a cupcake addiction to support. That's it... innocent... cupcakes

*shifty eyes*
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I did not agree to thi--

Wait, Tonberrian this time?

<walks away pouting> :P
    It's actually tonberrian. Tonberrian hates Friendship is Magic - he prefers G1 ponies. Also don't feel bad, you can be bondaged too. Maybe even bondaged together!

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Can I have exclusive photography rights, I have a cupcake addiction to support. That's it... innocent... cupcakes

*shifty eyes*
    Maybe, if Trixie and Lixie agree to it.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* And you were doing so well too...[/thepinkone]

Welp, time to go digging back through the thread and see how long we went this time.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-24 at 10:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

Hey everypony! Stop getting to the interesting discussions while I'm asleep!

"The laws are supposed to apply to me, but I'm a little short due to my... hobbies."
    "Your fabrige eggs?"
    "... I have a sickness, Twilight."
    *Celestia slides her latest addition behind her with a hoof*
    Luna: You are SUCH a dork, Tia!

Also art grants so they can draw horses drawing trains.
    And now I'm envisioning a Hoity Toity-esque artist pony who unveils some hypermoderist sculpture.

Artist: I call it "The Decline and Fall of the Pony Roman Empire"
    AB (in crowd): That's not art! That's a pile of bricks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ponyard Kipling it is.
    But help me pony pun the last name a little. i dont want the reference to be TOO obvious.
    You could do Ponyard Coltling instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Though to be fair, Prince Fester would make for an entertaining story all in itself! Have we had Pony x Addams family yet? If not, we totally should...
    This needs to be made yesterday! Now to think up the casting...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

It's actually tonberrian. Tonberrian hates Friendship is Magic - he prefers G1 ponies. Also don't feel bad, you can be bondaged too. Maybe even bondaged together!

Maybe, if Trixie and Lixie agree to it.
    (bondages both together)
    (bondages self with)
    (sells photos)
    (profit!)

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

*finds joke after going back 1 page*

Oh...well maybe it's just that one, and we were doing well before that...

*finds reference 2 more pages back*

Huh. I guess we're getting more subtle about this. Maybe if I...

*finds another one on the previous page*

...we're really bad at this, aren't we?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

We did get to at least 5 bondage-free pages before, at least. The bondage just comes and goes (much to the disappointment of one Baron Awesome).

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(bondages both together)
    (bondages self with)
    (sells photos)
    (profit!)
    NOOOOO!
    I needed that money.
    I have 5 hours to pay Pinkie back.
    How am I supposed to make that many bits in a couple hours?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

NOOOOO!
    I needed that money.
    I'm willing to buy your kidney for a generous amount.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

NOOOOO!
    I needed that money.
    Start charging ponies to have their picture taken with Princess Luna?

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    *finds joke after going back 1 page*

Oh...well maybe it's just that one, and we were doing well before that...

*finds reference 2 more pages back*

Huh. I guess we're getting more subtle about this. Maybe if I...

*finds another one on the previous page*

...we're really bad at this, aren't we?
    We're being subtle? I didn't get THAT memo.