New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

Here you people assume the Blazing Avatar is susceptible to mind affecting substances. Given his nature, he's probably immune.

Also, in regards to the map revealed by the Salterri, terribly inaccurate though it is in regards to our region of the world, it is very helpful. That, and they really claim dominion over so vast a territory? I assume they do not actually control region twenty-six and the Caspian and Aral Unseas those islands next to the red ones?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Psst Elemental. Not everyone knows where in the world we are.

Even if he is not susceptible to a drug which allows him to commune with the spirits, what sort of Avatar would he be if he was completely unable to commune with the spirits?
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Psst Elemental. Not everyone knows where in the world we are.

Even if he is not susceptible to a drug which allows him to commune with the spirits, what sort of Avatar would he be if he was completely unable to commune with the spirits?
    I think most people know >.> Morph shushed me on page one of the first thread for calling the middle sea the redacted ocean.

Either way, I'm gonna try to feed the Avatar some psychedelic chilis and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Documents on the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary

Tekorva 「Current Day」
    Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    Map

Note - The darker blue area is the mountain range

Natural Landmarks
    -Metako, the tallest peak
    -Kauvan Vita, the mightiest river
    -Ketazan, the life of Tekorva

Notable Towns
    -Kyomet, our capital city beneath Metako.
    -Jikag, the smallest settlement. A mining town where much of the iron of Tekorva can be found.
    -Vagon, our Northern Outpost. A remnant of the time when Fadoken was not a frozen wasteland.
    -Aes Shinchuu, initially a small Hunting settlement is now much larger due to trade with Pryonia and the discovery of copper and zinc mines nearby.

Spoiler: Notable Discoveries
    Show
    Year 39, Jaten Era 「350」
    Some foolhardy People of Tekorva have become eager to explore and wandered into Fadoken the Frozen Wastes. Reports have been trickling back of survivors of the cold speaking of a large expanse of land, even larger than Tekorva.

Tekorva Scouts in Vagon have managed to discover the source of the Tekorva children’s supplies of black mischief. In the depths of Winter the thick Nykusamura bushes grow. Their branches spring apart and leak a viscous black fluid. It did not require the Engineers to discover this liquid can be used as paint (indeed, the children had already discovered this), though the Engineers did note it was difficult to use. Perhaps a way to refine this liquid may be found it would be more useful. Perhaps even as an ink!

Yorukuni 「Current Day」
    Show
    At this time, no foreigner has managed to map Yorukuni successfully. Even the allies of Sanctuary would find the Yorukuninin far too hesitant to allow mapping though they would act as guides with dignity.

Natural Landmarks
    -Ketsuek Caverns
    -The River Vita
    -The Labyrinth of Nykta

Notable Cities
    -The Ketsuekl City
    -Vitae no Yami
    -The Glowing Caverns

Notable Towns
    -Nyktachuu
    -The Kauvan Border Town
    -Kuroth Depths
    -The Enclave of the Pure Blood

Spoiler: Notable Discoveries
    Show
    Year 39, Jaten Era 「350」

Important developments during the years 20-39 of the Jaten Era [331 - 358 of the Standard Calendar]
    Spoiler: 331-335
    Show
    332 - The Marriage of Elder Ambvard of the Razdissi Dwarves to our Elder Jaten of Tekorva
    333 - Trade between Pryonia and Tekorva is established, giving us access to coal.

Spoiler: 336-340
    Show
    336 - Elder Jaten herself attends the Grand Ball Festival in Lyradis. From this event, a trade and non-aggression alliance between Lyradis and Tekorva is established, giving us access to grains including the rice we so greatly desired. This particular decision was highly controversial between the Council of Tekorva, yet still it held. An Alliance of non-aggression and mutual trade was established between Pryonia and Tekorva. May our friendships be long and fruitful. Furthermore, it was a great opportunity for Elder Jaten to obtain information on foreign rulers and customs.
    338 - Supplies of Nix Merum have been increased, much to the delight of the Aristocracy of Tekorva.
    340 - Rejoice one and all, for Elder Jaten has given birth! Havus of the Cult of Engineering has become inspired to begin his Life's Work. The humble beginnings of the Great Tomes of Metallurgy by Korban Havus II of Tekorva is uncertain as it was carried out in secrecy though Korban was mentored by one of his family friends, Elder Jaten herself. Therefore, his son is the one most commonly accredited with the authorship.

Spoiler: 341-345
    Show
    342 - Early contact with our strange neighbours the Sympol drew the attention of Jaten. Shortly afterward, diplomats were sent to Sympolemou to work on a treaty.
    343 - It is thought the discovery of Korban Havus of the Cult of Engineering’s Lost Scrolls was during this year by Korban Havus II. This discovery spurred him on to write the Great Tomes of Metallurgy. Rejoice one and all, for Elder Jaten has given birth!
    344 - Brass was discovered in the small town of Mavorg. Mavorg was officially renamed ‘Aes Shinchuu’ by the Tekorva Aristocracy in celebration of this event and to allow the future growth of the town under a more elegant name. Some of the older locals still call it ‘Mavorg’.
    345 - Though not many Aristocrats of Tekorva had their own personal guard, after Jaten’s personal guard was assembled the concept became extremely popular among the nobility. This is commonly thought of as the very beginning of the ‘bushi’. Elder Jaten names her son 'Yuuhi' 「Sunset」

Spoiler: 346-350
    Show
    346 - Elder Yuuhi and Thorn Princess Kynvessa were promised for each other this year.
    348 - During construction of the Underway between Accursed Pryonia and Tekorva, Yorukuni was finally discovered by Blind Tekorva. It is thought that the very first miners were the first who saw their Destiny. Elder Jaten names her daughter 'Kokuei' 「Sillhouette」
    349 - Due to the curiosity of our children, the properties of the recently discovered Nykusamura have been revealed to us.
    350 - Tekorva’s trade for alchemical components began this year. It is widely acknowledged that Kasumori components are responsible for the beginning of Tekorva’s interest in Alchemy.

Spoiler: 351-355
    Show
    351 - The Bushi grow greater as the first plate armour is commissioned by Elder Jaten. During this year, Elder Jaten died. Elder Ambvard continues to carry out her will until the Yuuhi Era.
    354 - While Elder Ambvard was more than capable of forming the Tekorva Army for the exploration expeditions Elder Jaten was never able to lead, our allies the Sympol provided valuable assistance.
    355 - This is the year the name of Kauvan Vita was corrected due to the Tekorvan Destiny (an unwritten law).

Spoiler: 356-360
    Show
    358 - The marriage of High Prince Yuuhi of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary to Kynvessa Varinel of Heartwaste.

Important developments during the Yuuhi Era [359 onwards of the Standard Calendar]
    Spoiler: 356-360
    Show
    359 - High Prince Yuuhi was Proven to be the more worthy ruler of Sanctuary and consequently crowned this year. May the Yuuhi Era be long and fruitful!
    360 - High Prince Yuuhi's wife, Kynvessa Varinel gives birth. Unlike Tekorvan tradition, she is named and known to be a daughter. As per the terms of their marriage, Kynvessa's daughter, Valieth Varinel is a future heir to the Throne of Thorns but can never become High Prince. As such, when she is old enough to travel Valieth will journey to the Heartwaste.

Spoiler: 361-365
    Show
    361 - The beginnings of the alliance with Guilder was formed. This decision did not go down well with many of the denizens of Tekorva, though most in Yorukuni were neutral on the matter if not pleased.
    362 - The Legendary weapons Night and Song were forged, to be passed down in the Royal Family of Sanctuary
    364 - Sanctuary betrays Sympolemou and the Nightmare Bond for security and strengthens our bonds with Pryonia and Kasumor to the outrage of those who arranged the war Sanctuary helped plan, added to the outrage caused by Sanctuary’s diplomatic actions with Guilder beginning in 361.
    365 - With the recent events causing many of Heartwaste to flee, Yorukuninin have been forced to take action against the Foreigners who would presume to settle in their land. To add insult to injury, at around the same time this outrage occurred, a Yorukunin female was found brutally murdered. Her canine teeth were found nearby, the upper set being so incredibly large it is doubtful they were her teeth.

Relevant Game Information for Current Day

Spoiler: Resources, Trade and Alliances
    Show
    Fish 「Good」 「2/3」
    Stone 「Good」 「-/3」
    Iron 「Good」 「1/3」
    Brass 「Good」 「1/3」
    Kinu Kuroth 「Good」 「-/3」
    Kinu Wyrm 「Minor」
    Aukii Bat 「Minor」
    Ketsuek Krystal 「Minor」
    Nykusamura 「Minor」

Trade Treaties
    Pryonia 「Coal」 for Tekorva 「Fish」 『Including formal alliance』
    Lyradis 「Grain」 for Tekorva 「Iron」 『Including non-aggression』
    Kasumor 「Alchemical Components」 for Tekorva 「Brass」 『Including formal alliance』
    Kasumor 「Cotton」 for Tekorva 「Fish」 『Including formal alliance』

Import necessities
    Tekorva - Grain 「Rice」 『Currently imported from - Lyradis』
    Yorukuni - Wood 「Dark Hardwood」 『Currently not being imported』

Formal Alliances
    Marriage Alliance 「Heartwaste and Tekorva」 『No terms 「strained」』
    Kasumor-Tekorva Alliance 「Kasumor and Tekorva」 『Peace treaty and Kasumor military protection against mutual enemies in exchange for Tekorva armour』
    Marriage Alliance 「Razdis and Tekorva」 『No terms 「old」』
    Pryonia-Tekorva Alliance 「Pryonia and Tekorva」 『Peace treaty and military alliance』

Spoiler: Current Population and Army
    Show
    Population - 「Tekorva」 25 000
    Army - 4 land units 「of a possible 8」

Population - 「Yorukuni」 11 000
    Army - 3 land units 「of a possible 3」

Spoiler: Technology
    Show
    Plate Armour technology 「351」

An Overview of Yorukuni 「Accurate as of Year 44 of the Jaten Era, 355 of the Standard Calendar」
    An Overview of Tekorva 「Accurate as of Year 19 of the Jaten Era, 330 of the Standard Calendar」
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-04-28 at 08:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Thanks for the answers!

So cartography is 9/10 of my RPG passion, and I'm thinking about mapping out Raaneka. Does the map have an established scale?
    I love making maps. When I say making maps I have no help from a pc they are hand drawn. So far I think it is the only thing I accomplished for all the games I planed to DM much like my wrighting I start then I think to my self I can do better than that or just get bored an run out of things to wright.

In real world terms how big is region 31.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-02-21 at 08:42 PM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    I love making maps. When I say making maps I have no help from a pc they are hand drawn. So far I think it is the only thing I accomplished for all the games I planed to DM much like my wrighting I start then I think to my self I can do better than that or just get bored an run out of things to wright.

In real world terms how big is region 31.
    Nice! And I miscalculated. Raaneka is a little larger than Ecuador, and region 31 probably a little smaller than Italy.

To everyone: I've been calling them clay pots of wine, but they're really clay jars of wine. Ker-retcon'd!
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-02-21 at 09:40 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

For stat bonuses when you're switching rulers in a round who do they apply to? Say the current ruler does actions next round that would lead to +2 diplomacy to be granted the following round but dies during that round, in the rules it says the elder leader's scores would be used to determine things but would these bonuses go to the heir the next round or that former ruler (possibly affecting the heir's stats if they brought the previous ruler up to a bonus giving level)?

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Wait, GitP has World War games?
    No idea! Pretty sure what was meant was the werewolf games, though, seeing as that's what I just started...

9. - Top - End - #819
    Bugbear in the Playground

And now for some last minute rumours!

Rumours from Razdis: (may or may not be true)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mormaer has received a book from the Blazing Avatar.
    The Mormaer has made a pact to aid in the inevitable destruction of the Salterri.
    A Lyradisian half-dwarf explorer lost half an arm to Awl bugs in the tunnels.
    Worshippers of the Lord of Fire have begun corrupting Razdissi into strange charred things.
    Nagier of the Black Hand clan has been seen with a host of scribes and researchers.
    Tuthin son of Razkai the Elder may have sneaked out of Razdis to gather information at the Central Sea conference.
    Razkai the Elder is seeking immortality at any cost.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Wombat: postin this here for you. All parties ratified it this round at the Sea Conference.

Spoiler: Treaty for the formation of the Triumvirate
    Show
    The Southern Triumvirate

This document serves as written and tangible proof of good will and intent among the signatory nations as prescribed within the body of text and conforming to the rules set forth within.

Pact of Mutual Military Aid

• All signatory nations pledge mutual military cooperation in defensive actions and in mutually agreed upon actions of expansion.
      Each nation shall maintain sovereign control over their military forces barring times of trouble in which the most capable military leader shall take over command until the threat has been dealt with.

Pact of Cultural Exchange

• Seekers and other representatives of the Radurjic Faith will be free to travel freely and spread their teachings unabated across the lands of the signatory nations outside the normal constraints of local law.
    • Hrathan-Tuor merchants will be allowed to establish Guilds within the lands of the signatory nations unabated outside the normal constraints of local law.
    • Ignato Imperials will be allowed to build and establish military outposts within the lands of the signatory nations unabated outside the normal constraints of local law.
    • All citizens from all signatory nations shall be allowed free passage throughout the lands of the signatory nations.

Trade Agreements

The following trade agreements exist between the signatory nations.

• Ignato Empire - Genivana: Goats - Vegetables
    • Genivana - Hrathan&Tuor: Vegetables - Fine Crafted Goods
    • Hrathan&Tuor - Ignato Empire: Fine Crafted Goods - Lumber

Administration of the Southern Triumvirate

The Southern Triumvirate is run and administered by the three heads of state from the signatory nations, with each decision regarding the Triumvirate as a whole passing through a vote between the three nations. No nation may abstain so as to prevent a clear decisions and each vote counts equally among the representatives. Decisions outside the purview of the Triumvirate as a whole regarding local matters need not pass through a vote such as local trade agreements, minor exploration, or other non-coordinated actions. Any action with far reaching consequences or necessitating the aid of at least one other signatory nation must be voted on and rejection defeats the plan and removes it from being brought up again for a minimum of 5 years.

A 2/3 majority vote is needed to approve an action and if the declining signatory nation's participation is needed to complete the task they are compelled to lend their assistance to the best of their ability.

Signatory Nations
    Ignato Empire,
    Kingdom of Genivana,
    The Nine Guilds of Hrathan and Tuor
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

I went with 2 stat bonuses for my leader, but you said you were on the fence about what to do with new players. Is this alright, or is there something else you'd prefer?
    Coven Wars (Just clicking would make me happy)

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

As you people may have noticed, we're trying to wrap up the Central Seas Conference. For most of you, that only means you need to read the Concordat I took the liberty of writing out. It is as follows:

We, the undersigned, do hereby agree to in no way impede or restrict merchant shipping save when it is unlawful to allow a ship to proceed. In addition, all ships flying the colours of the undersigned are required to provide aid to any ship in distress they encounter or to any individual found adrift in the sea.
    Furthermore, all merchant ships are requested to fly a white flag below their national colours as a sign of peaceful intentions in the hopes that this prevents misunderstandings.
    The last is only a request in case some of you have objections to flying white flags.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Wombat, I just went and updated my nation post. I believe everything is in order now, but if you could give it a once over just to make sure I didn't miss anything, I'd be very appreciative.

Members of the Dawn League, the Domhan Abhaile is currently trading with two of your number, and is in the neighborhood. I'd be interested in joining up this coming round, if there are no objections from current members/embarrassing induction rituals.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I have also updated my nation. I am waiting to hear if I will be allowed to join the Dawn League. I am know trading Iron for elephants with Qarimos.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-02-23 at 08:20 AM.

Sir Rikkan

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

Waiting for events is always the worst part of getting up early on Sunday haha

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Yorukuni
    Region 17B, Rain Dragon
    Yami no Ouji
    __

[Link to Original Rolls]

High Prince Yuuhi 「As of Year 7 of the Yuuhi Era [365]」

Current Stats:
    Diplomacy: 6
    Military: 4
    Curiosity: 3
    Faith: 3
    Luck: 2

Population: 11 000

Original Stats:
    Diplomacy: 5
    Military: 4
    Curiosity: 3
    Faith: 3
    Luck: 2

[link to Family Tree]

Region Details 「As of Year 44 of the Jaten Era, 355 of the Standard Calendar」

Show
    The Eternal Night has guarded and nurtured us all these years

The dark, cold labyrinth of caverns, tunnels and rivers has been our home since the earliest edge of our Memory. We have come to know and love everything about our region, yet Those from Above have requested an overview of our most precious landmarks. So I leave you this; a summary of our most breath-taking of landmarks. Though I do this for you, I urge that you come to see for yourself the many wonders of Yorukuni as your child shall become the High Prince of Sanctuary soon.

Signed,
    Shadou Elysius, current Yami no Ou, previous High Prince of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary

Ketsuek Caverns - One of the most revered places of Yorukuni is the ever beautiful Ketsuek Caverns. It is not so bright as to hurt our eyes, yet just bright enough for most Overworlders to be able to appreciate it almost as much as we do. Its beauty is so great we have left it untouched except for the symbol for blood carved in the centre of the cavern. The stone around it is plain in a circle of a vast radius and it has been filled in with the crystal so the symbol glows. When this symbol was placed is not within our Memory, however there can be nobody else who could have done so. Nonetheless, the origins of this symbol is often lightly disputed among those studying to become Keepers of Memory. Some of the Tekorvanin who can read have noted the symbol looks very similar to their own, though theirs is a simpler version. Oddly enough, though they claim their writing is among the best of the Overworlds’ writings they have never seen or imagined the symbol to be so artistic, yet complex. We pride ourselves on our great minds, though we have begun to adopt a flowing version of the Common Script of Telluris.

Surrounding the northern section of the Ketsuek Caverns is our capital city, Ketsueki City. We have also planned for it to become the Trade Centre of Yorukuni as it is the most well lit due to the Ketsuekinin love for the Krystal. Nonetheless, it is still incredibly difficult for many Overworlders to see properly in Ketsueki City and we are unlikely to change this. We shall attempt to guide them as well as we can. As with all of the other buildings of Yorukuni, we have great stone buildings featuring elegant, angular arches and large windows. Some of the richer districts even have glass, though glass is extremely expensive. Unlike the buildings of much of the rest of the region, Ketsueki City’s buildings are made of a deep purple stone as well as the standard black, making it the most colourful city in Yorukuni. Indeed, this may assist in the Overworlders feel welcome if they are used to such bright colour schemes.

The Labyrinth of Nykta - In the centre of Yorukuni lies an ancient Labyrinth thought to be placed there by an immensely powerful spirit during the birth of the caverns long before our kind began to be. The Labyrinth of Nykta is central to our rites to become an adult as it is full of perils and intellectual puzzles. It is forbidden to speak to others of the experience within the Labyrinth, but know that it is a terrifying place which only the fully grown could hope to succeed. There are some of even the Yorukuninin who never make it out of the Labyrinth and some who have been driven insane while inside. Yet we do not believe that those who cannot survive would survive in the World, and for them to die so early is sad but a kindness for it is better than dragging a life on.

Despite the high level of danger within the Labyrinth of Nykta, there is a small town of arguably insane Yorukuninin whom reside within the Labyrinth of Nykta itself. This town is called Nyktachuu and is a relatively recent occurrence. Largely cut off from the outside world, there are very few of the Pure Blood in the town and not much interaction between Nyktachuunin and the rest of Yorukuni.

A fair way south west of the Labyrinth of Nykta lies the new settlement, the Kauvan Border Town established largely of Tekorvanin and a few of the least Pure Blooded Yorukuninin commoners. The tunnel between the Kauvan Border Town and the Labyrinth of Nykta is the most direct, though the Labyrinth is not the closest place of importance to the Border Town. Instead of going by foot, most travel is carried out by boat as the Border Town has been strategically placed close to the Great Waterfall of the Kauvan Vita of Tekorva which runs into our own River Vita.

The River Vita - Full of strange aquatic life, the River Vita is of importance to Yorukuni. Though there are some underground lakes and extremely minor creeks it is possible Yorukuni could not sustain life without the River Vita. Aside from the obvious beauty of clear water running over stone, a little further along the river from the Kauvan Border Town lies the Glowing Caverns, a small town named for the moss which glows in abundance there. It has a dim glow ranging from deep purple to deep blue depending on the type of moss. The moss also grows along a long stretch of the River Vita toward Vitae no Yami, one of the major cities of Yorukuni. Vitae no Yami is the darkest city of Yorukuni and the main source of our food. To keep the moss from spreading uncontrollably, it is harvested. Some of this moss has been found to make excellent tea if processed correctly, but most of it is stored to turn into fertile soil for various underground plants. The Tekorvanin have remarked it could help them greatly in the growing of their Frost Berries which is used to make Nix Merum, an expensive but extremely high quality deep purple wine.

Downriver, a little north of the Labyrinth of Nykta but south of the Ketsuek Caverns lies the Enclave of the Pure Blood. Within this holy place lies a good third of the Aristocracy of Yorukuni. There are none within our magnificent buildings who lack the Hanseiyoku. While small, it is the pinnacle of our current civilization and though those who are not of Pure Blood may enter we have decided to allow our High Prince to reside within the Mansion of the High Prince, which is an expansive walled estate sprawling across the top of a hill within the Enclave. The only condition is that our future High Prince must marry into one of the Purest Blood in an attempt to maintain tradition. We are extremely pleased that you have agreed to these terms and happily speak to you of the magnificence of the Enclave. Trust me when I say it was well worth the trouble for you.

Toward the very north eastern edge of Yorukuni in the deepest of tunnels where the River Vita grows impossibly wide appears to be an abundance of abandoned Kinu Wyrm homes. There is a small town here named Kuroth Depths where a large amount of food from River Vita and Kinu Kuroth is collected. Unfortunately, Kuroth Depths is fairly distant from the majority of Yorukuninin and thus not a very large town, but important nonetheless for it contributes to at least a fifth of the region’s Kinu Kuroth. Unfortunately, there are not many of us so the Yorukuninin are spread quite thinly.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The Yorukuninin are an enigmatic race of demihumans who have lived underground since the earliest edge of our Memory. We pride ourselves upon our slender physique and sharp, angular features, but do not underestimate us for the majority of Yorukuninin spend time every day to maintain our beauty. We are pale skinned and dark eyed with colours ranging from deep browns, deep purples to at the very lightest a blood red. Unlike most of the surface humans, the whites of our eyes are barely visible, thus making it uncomfortable for some of the Overworlders who place importance on eye contact. Framing our faces and slightly pointed ears is soft, straight dark hair most commonly black, though very rarely deep reds, blues, greens and purples have surfaced. We usually wear our hair between shoulder and knee-length, though some of our women prefer their hair cut to slightly below the ears.

Our blood is ancient and among our nobility it is the most pure. While the many of the Yorukuninin have lost them, the entirety of our Aristocracy have retained a wing-like feature attached at each elbow running to above the shoulder. This feature is useless for flight, however this may not have been so once. Though we are hesitant to admit it, our Memory is not as complete as we would have liked. The wing-like feature we call Hanseiyoku may be an indicator of the Lost Arts that some of the earliest edges of our Memory imply. Further supporting this theory, most of these wings glow very faintly at the tips like the Ketsuek Krystal. The majority of the glows are deep reds, though all colours have been reported. There was even one instance of a silver glow a few centuries ago. The Hanseiyoku strongly resemble a semi-flexible fan of blades similar in shape to crystals more than wings themselves, though some of those with Hanseiyoku possess leathery skin like the wings of the Aukii Bats implying that they were indeed wings.

Further supporting the controversial theory that the Yorukuninin used to be creatures of the sky is the natural physique. Life underground has done little to change their naturally low weight or sharp eyesight. In fact, the eyesight of the Yorukuninin rival that of the owls of the Overland. Due to this, caverns in Yorukuni are large and the tunnels long to take advantage of our uncanny night vision. Furthermore, we have long digits and claws rather than nails which surely would have been useful for snatching a prey mid-flight in the Overland. Like many creatures of flight, we are very long lived with the oldest of our kind among the pure blooded living to three hundred years old, though the average is closer to half that. Due to living to one hundred and fifty however, we are not considered adults until the age of forty. Oddly enough, this appears to be very old by Tekorva standards.

All of the Yorukuninin have enlarged upper canine teeth, sometimes dubbed fangs. Despite these fearsome sounding features, most who come across us claim we are magnificent and beautiful in appearance. This phenomenon is difficult to explain. It is as though that which should usually frightens one instead soothes and enchants, especially when the gaze of a Yorukunin meets one’s own. Curiously, some Overlanders are naturally more resistant to this effect than others.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Our resources are more than sufficient for life as we have lived in Yorukuni separate from the Overworld since the earliest edge of our Memory. Despite this we do not have any resources to spare. The only thing we have in abundance are the Kinu Wyrms. These Wyrms are large, scaled beasts who live within our tunnels. They are gentle even though they are carnivorous and leave us alone as long as we leave them alone. If I didn’t know better I would think the Kinu Wyrms were intelligent as I gaze into their seemingly knowing eyes. The Kinu Wyrms are quick and at home in the dark, though they seem to have poor vision when exposed to the light. We wish to train these beasts for various reasons, but currently have not had widespread success.

Though the Kinu Wyrms do not sound exceptionally useful as a resource thus far, they are capable of weaving a sort of thread to use for their homes. Due to being fairly nomadic, abandoned Kunu Wyrm homes are very common. This thread makes the most wonderful cloth. It flows well, is incredibly soft to touch and surprisingly strong. Though a blade may slice this cloth, it would not do so easily. We call it Kinu Kuroth and can certainly export this wonderful material.

Another natural wonder of note you may find within Yorukuni is the mystical Ketsuek Krystal. Though we have not managed to find any of the properties it is rumoured to possess it is nonetheless useful. It glows a dim red, providing those with inferior dark vision sufficient light to see whilst not blinding us. Though this may sound like something dangerous, I assure you it is not. There is more to the Ketsuek Krystal than meets the eye. Were you to pick it up, you would find it almost intolerably cold to the touch. It is also incredibly hard thus making it almost impossible to cut and polish, though it is certainly well worth it as its beauty is without match. I have included a small piece of it with this letter for our Future High Prince, whoever they may be.

Lastly, I cannot neglect to mention the Aukii Bats. These are our most faithful companions and surely the most majestic of animals. Of course, we would never part with them and shudder to think what sort of barbaric things would happen to our bats were we willing to. Tales of the barbarians of Crimar suggest they eat the bats of their nation and consider it a delicacy! I suggest a merge of our crests. Our symbol is the silhouette of the Aukii Bat atop a New Moon. Perhaps the Aukii Bat could wield a Mighty Hammer? Our Artists would have no objection to creating a crest suitable for the expansion of Sanctuary.

Unfortunately, however, in recent years we have felt a lack of ornamental building materials. Various stones can only do so much and wood is non-existent in Yorukuni. The wood we have found on the outskirts of our land is extremely precious and used sparingly in the Mansion of the High Prince.

Kinu Kuroth 「Good」
    Kinu Wyrms 「Minor」
    Aukii Bats 「Minor」
    Ketsuek Krystal 「Minor」

Import necessity - Wood 「Dark Hardwood」

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    Paganism 「Spirits」

The Yorukuninin appear on the surface to possess the same belief system as Tekorva, however the belief in spirits and peaceful balance of the world is where the similarities end. Beginning during the Year 39 of the Jaten Era 「Year 340 of the Standard Calendar」, a stranger has revealed himself in Yorukuninin dreams. Their Aura has mirrored perfectly Yorukunin beliefs and resonated strongly with their souls. Perhaps in the future, the stranger will reveal Himself to the People of Sanctuary.

One of the prime religious differences between Tekorva and the Yorukuninin is the nature of balance. Where Tekorva believes an equal balance must be kept between light and dark, warm and cold, the erratic and the calm, Yorukuninin believe that the balance is currently absent from the overall world. Word of the Lord of Fire has horrified them and supplied yet more proof. Though Tekorva does not yet see how little they need the light, warm and unpredictable nature of these other spirits, at least there is some common ground and perhaps Tekorva will reach Enlightenment one day. The correct balance involves peace and harmony, where the lighter spirits are kept to a minimum as they are necessary and good, but arrogant and care little for others. As things are now in the world, these lighter spirits have greatly swollen egos and too much power to do as they will.

If we do not keep these lighter spirits under control within Sanctuary, disaster will surely befall us

Spoiler: Technologies
    Show
    Plate armour technology

Extra notes on the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary 「Accurate to the Current Day」
    An Overview of Tekorva 「Accurate as of Year 19 of the Jaten Era, 330 of the Standard Calendar」
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 10:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

The round opening post may be a bit delayed. I lost internet on my desktop shortly after ending round five, so I could not put it up shortly afterwards as I wanted. To put it up with the new map and update the rules, I will have to get out my old minilaptop again. (Currently posting this from a tablet, with which I could update either.)

Such first world problems.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

Yay round events! Not much in the way of surprising events, but good stuff to see.

Sorry I didn't do an action for maneuvering, I was unaware it required one. Glad things still worked out for me.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

Round has started. Entrez-vous Round Six!

EDIT: Rules update will be edited into the OP soon, as it goes in this round. Inheritance bonuses will not change, but unrelated new rulers will be allowed to arrange their scores as the first ruler of a new player. New players' first rulers and later unrelated rulers will also get two +1 to freely put on any two attributes.

Also, I've decided to come back on an earlier ruling: military attacks or defenses of a player country cannot ever be secret. This is largely because of OOC reasons (like there not being a fair chance for defense if a party finds out too late), but also IC reasons (like word about wars quickly spreading across the populace of a country, to neighbouring countries, and so on).

Furthermore, I'm thinking of giving players who are absent for a little while a sort of "make up" action so that they do not fall too far behind. I was thinking of only one such make-up action for one week absence, two for more weeks absence, resetting once a player makes a post of their actions in the main game thread.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-23 at 02:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

May I ask you about my attempt to convert lizardfolk in Nyroth? If I was successful or should try again.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Popping in to let you folks know my grandfather died this morning, so I'm going to be away today. I'll likely be back tomorrow to do something that gets my mind off things, but rest assured folks, I will be back. Just need some time.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. <3
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Popping in to let you folks know my grandfather died this morning, so I'm going to be away today. I'll likely be back tomorrow to do something that gets my mind off things, but rest assured folks, I will be back. Just need some time.

I'm sorry to hear that Wombat, take all the time you need.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

You have my condolences, my friend. Take your time, speak you when I speak you.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-23 at 02:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834

Oh dear, my condolences rest with you.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

So sorry to hear that, Wombat. I hope he had a great life.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Peace be with you and your family , and your grandfather in the next life.

Sir Rikkan

27. - Top - End - #837

My condolences, friend. May your grandfather rest in peace.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

My condolences to you and your family

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Morph, in regards to new rulers and round attribute bonuses how does that apply? Say +2 Curiosity is earned in a round, is that added to the previous ruler's score or the ruler who will take over the next round if the transition happens during the round?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Round has started. Entrez-vous Round Six!

Furthermore, I'm thinking of giving players who are absent for a little while a sort of "make up" action so that they do not fall too far behind.
    W00!

I fully support this. There are a few people who haven't been able to post every week and unfortunately, without the make up action if someone hasn't been able to post every week then both them and their allies are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I hope you have a nice weekend also Mr Doom.