New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

I got Fluer de Liz x Nightmare Moon for my first one. The latter of whom apparently doesn't have a picture.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nightmare Moon's victory had been complete for almost a week now. She had disposed of those meddlesome mares, though she had to admit luck had played its part. The element of magic had dared to take her on alone, and she simply absconded with her to the edge of Equestria before the others could interfere. The foal would eventually make her way back, but Nightmare Moon was sure that her night would woo her spirit by then.

In the meanwhile she was enjoying the attention of the sycophants of her sister's court. The stallion Fancypants was constantly floating around, asking for money to pay for light amplification spells to be cast over Equestria's farms and investment in better lamp oil refineries. He would be unbearable, except that he brought his marefriend with him wherever he went.

Yes, Fleur de Liz was a gem of a mare. Perhaps a little too dependent, but that could be an attractive quality. Afterall, independent ponies rarely appreciated her work enough. She was Nightmare Moon, and she deserved constant adoration and flattery. Who knew, maybe she would give Fancypants what he wanted afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    *clicks a couple of times*

*turns on Alicorns and genderbending*

Genderbent Cadence x Genderbent Trixie. I'm not sure what to make of that.
    Saucy art?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Also, I GOT A PONYTAR!!!
    I noticed! And WOW.

*gasp*

Chief Thunderhooves x Princess Celestia x Fluttershy x Gustave Le Grande

Tell me what ya make of that.
    Saucy art?
    Nah. Even we have standards. Too hard to draw.

You know what? I can actually picture how and why they all got into that scene, except for Gustave.

Someone tell me how the baker got involved.
    "Wot? Yoo mean to tell me sat you cannot afford xis magnificent dezzert?
    I sink we can come to an... arrangement."

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    the following was posted over on the site for the merc company i am in awaiting release of Mechwarrior Online

---Pinkie Pie is an eldritch horror from the distant past, whose body was hewn from the living bones of the First World as it was destroyed in the creation of the present universe. The mortal constructs of "Time", "Causality", "Conservation of Energy" and other concepts we've created to veil our minds from the Madness of Existence are mere playthings to her, and she gleefully laughs at our vain attempts to understand even the tiniest portion of her true nature. She is the Pink One, the Opener of Byways, the Mind Virus who even now infects my brain with her squishy, sugary insanity. I can feel her tendrils along my shoulders and down my spine, and her soft voice whispering into my ears, telling me to "smile."---

Awww, he understands me so well.

it is followed by a conversation between Pinkie and Luna..but that really only works with the emoticons used on site
    link if interested in seeing it
    http://www.eridanipony.com/previous-...nies-t582.html
    (about halfway down..look for the mass of Pinkie/Luna emotes)
    Cool!

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Who knows, maybe it really will be the best season ever. But we all know what happens to expectations...

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

*sees shipping chaos*

*eyeglow roll*

Maxtronaut, whyfore has your avatar apparently been eaten by Photobucket? Unless it was your intention to have an error message for an avatar?

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    No posting of the second Season 3 song released? Did- Did I get to the news first!?
    Spoiler
    Show

Season 3 Spoilers
    My word... umm inb4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crystal ponies = Changelings

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

The shipping ... It's so *sniff* beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Edit: Where would you like to have bug reports sent, Deadly?
    Probably PM it, since it's not terribly pony related.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    EDIT: I found one bug: I told it to ship six characters, it shipped nine.[/S] Cancel that, I just realized what I did, and that it's a feature, not a bug.
    All according to plan

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    First ship? Pinkie/Blueblood.

Second ship? Mrs Cake/Mr Cake.

...which was followed a little later by Lotusxmale!Aloe.
    You truly are the shipping goddess

*clicks a couple of times*

*turns on Alicorns and genderbending*

Genderbent Cadence x Genderbent Trixie. I'm not sure what to make of that.
    Mmm ... Trixendance!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I stopped the third time i got Rarity paired with her dad.
    I might add the option to leave out ... incestuous ships. I'm surprised you got it three times, though. Hopefully such flukes will become rarer when the number of characters goes up

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    *turns to Deadly*
    I think your project has been a success.

Now excuse me while I turn myself blind as to avoid witnessing some of the greatest crimes to nature that will undoubtedly happen now.

Also I'm sure that your server will collapse when this gets to EqD... Don't worry it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, chrystal ponies.
    S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what to think of that. I think I heard Cadance's name at the beginning, I'm still not terribly fond of her and Shining. But I'll wait and see, it's still really early and much could happen.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-07-14 at 05:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    You only just now figured this out?

On the topic of Season 3: I'm honestly worried. It seems that they're trying to do too much to please us, trying to be too cool and merchandise driven. I mean, Crystal Empire? Where did this come from? Flutterdragon?

Image relevant. Also awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know. These things happen behind the scenes all the time. I honestly think its a case of the magic being ruined by seeing what's happening, rather than just the results.

With one caveat; if these crystal ponies have the same life as Shining Armor... They mention S2 stuff, so it's not too bad, but if it shows up once, and then disappears I will be disappoint.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Thoughts on the new clip
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, according to Twilight, Princess Cadence's magic won't last forever, and they need to throw the fair to remind the crystal ponies of their history. Perhaps the crystal ponies have become divided, Cadence's magic is all that is keeping them from going for the knives, and they need to be united again for whatever reason?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-14 at 08:20 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Hoooo boy, S3 spoilers already?

I'm going to try my best to go in blind to these things. Speculation can be fun and all, but I'd much rather just see the finished product in one go rather than come up with something incredibly super awesome that may or may not happen.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

I'm going to try my best to go in blind to these things. Speculation can be fun and all, but I'd much rather just see the finished product in one go rather than come up with something incredibly super awesome that may or may not happen.
    I have nothing to add but to +1 this.

So yes, keep those S3 spoilers hidden, fillies and gentlecolts.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

On the topic of Season 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm honestly worried. It seems that they're trying to do too much to please us, trying to be too cool and merchandise driven. I mean, Crystal Empire? Where did this come from? Flutterdragon?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's too early to tell. While I am also worried about the show becoming a little too... brony orientated, shall we say, I trust that the writers who are working on the show still know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

I am actually doing the opposite. For Season 1, I went in blind, and it was good. For Season 2, I mostly avoided spoilers, and the few I let through gave me a mix of excitement, and a little annoyance. For Season 3, I have decided to hell with self imposed spoiler abstinence. I will read every tidbit and watch every video.

Something tells me that little will change.

Unrelated:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Bugbear in the Playground

You only just now figured this out?

On the topic of Season 3: I'm honestly worried. It seems that they're trying to do too much to please us, trying to be too cool and merchandise driven. I mean, Crystal Empire? Where did this come from? Flutterdragon?
    ... You do realize, don't you, that the primary reason they've made each My Little Pony show was to encourage people to buy the toys? Sure, it hasn't been as blatant this time around as, say, G1 (cheerleader outfit out of nowhere, I'm looking at you), but it's still a thing. And pretty effective, too.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Thoughts on the new clip
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, according to Twilight, Princess Cadence's magic won't last forever, and they need to throw the fair to remind the crystal ponies of their history. Perhaps the crystal ponies have become divided, Cadence's magic is all that is keeping them from going for the knives, and they need to be united again for whatever reason?
    You're making an assumption in that season 3 interpretation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight says that Cadance's magic won't last forever, then she says "we have to get this right, we have to make them see. We can save the crystal ponies with their history." The pronoun in that sentence "them" is vague and does not necessarily refer to the crystal ponies. One possibility is that this fair is being thrown for regular ponies in order to raise awareness of whatever problem is besetting the crystal ponies. I don't think it's possible to tell from that clip who the target audience is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    ... You do realize, don't you, that the primary reason they've made each My Little Pony show was to encourage people to buy the toys? Sure, it hasn't been as blatant this time around as, say, G1 (cheerleader outfit out of nowhere, I'm looking at you), but it's still a thing. And pretty effective, too.
    $500 million dollars a year means Hasbro is doing something right.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You're making an assumption in that season 3 interpretation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight says that Cadance's magic won't last forever, then she says "we have to get this right, we have to make them see. We can save the crystal ponies with their history." The pronoun in that sentence "them" is vague and does not necessarily refer to the crystal ponies. One possibility is that this fair is being thrown for regular ponies in order to raise awareness of whatever problem is besetting the crystal ponies. I don't think it's possible to tell from that clip who the target audience is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, that is a good point.

Only somewhat related to the topic at hand, but does anyone know if the creators have said what the proper spelling of Cadence/Cadance's name is?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

The Shipyard has been updated. All 85 characters now have portraits, so now I just need to include more characters. It also allows you to get a list of them all, and to ship characters with themselves.

I think that's it for today. I should be working on other things too, I'm sure.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, that is a good point.

Only somewhat related to the topic at hand, but does anyone know if the creators have said what the proper spelling of Cadence/Cadance's name is?
    Pretty sure it's Cadance. Posted that way on twitter from the guys there pretty frequently.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rainbow Dash x female!Flim
    Even the shipping program makes that assumption about Dash.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    That's... remarkably bland.
    Anyone can get a WTF ship from these generators. The amusing ships are when it throws up canon stuff or weird stuff.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Flutterdragon?
    You might say she's...

Dragonshy.

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

The 'Only Mane 6' button doesn't seem to be working - when it's pressed, I'm not getting any results (no other constraints).

Apart from that, adding to everyone saying this is very well done!

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

You might say she's...

Dragonshy.

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    But we won't.

Right?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    The 'Only Mane 6' button doesn't seem to be working - when it's pressed, I'm not getting any results (no other constraints).

Apart from that, adding to everyone saying this is very well done!
    Ah, thanks for catching that. Should be fixed now.

23. - Top - End - #1223

I can't seem to choose 'Mane 6 only' and 'Straight Ship only'

Giving me something about a divide by 0 error? Can't imagine why.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I can't seem to choose 'Mane 6 only' and 'Straight Ship only'

Giving me something about a divide by 0 error? Can't imagine why.
    Huh? It shouldn't give you a divide by 0 or any other error, it should just tell you it couldn't find any ponies for you. For obvious reasons.

What other restrictions/options have you picked?

25. - Top - End - #1225

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Huh? It shouldn't give you a divide by 0 or any other error, it should just tell you it couldn't find any ponies for you. For obvious reasons.

What other restrictions/options have you picked?
    None, I was simply making a joke, as the mane 6 are all mares so it's not possible for there to be a straight mane 6 ship. Unless genderbent is involved.

I figured that would be enough to make a divide by 0 error.

A thing that is an actual error, I put it on 6 ponies and turned on straight ships only. It gave me Fluttershy x Rainbow Dash and Rose x Aloe.
    Last edited by maximus25; 2012-07-14 at 11:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    None, I was simply making a joke, as the mane 6 are all mares so it's not possible for there to be a straight mane 6 ship. Unless genderbent is involved.

I figured that would be enough to make a divide by 0 error.
    Ah, alright

It doesn't actually take bending into account for the straight only option. Which means if you pick straight only and bending you might get non-straight ships. This is a known bug feature that I might work on at some point.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I CAUGHT UP WITH THE THREAD!!!
    /celebratory exclaimation

On S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm begining to speculate as well that the Changelings are corrupted crystal ponies, and the episodes will revolve around trying to restore them.

What do you think they'll look like? The pictures in the book seem to suggest a normal earth pony shape, but they are still fairly vague

I hope they can avoid making them look creepy and/or gaudy
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not reading the S3 spoilers is getting more and more difficult

It would be nice if people put "S3 Spoilers" over their spoiler boxes so I know it isn't a picture or something.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Not reading the S3 spoilers is getting more and more difficult

It would be nice if people put "S3 Spoilers" over their spoiler boxes so I know it isn't a picture or something.
    They have been.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    The Shipyard has been updated. All 85 characters now have portraits, so now I just need to include more characters. It also allows you to get a list of them all, and to ship characters with themselves.

I think that's it for today. I should be working on other things too, I'm sure.
    I'm noticing that fillies and colts aren't showing up, even if I set it only to fillies and colts. Only getting the mares and stallions.

Also, minor thing: It's Fleur de Lis not Liz.

But still, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Anyone can get a WTF ship from these generators. The amusing ships are when it throws up canon stuff or weird stuff.
    Fair point. I did get Fleur/Fancy Pants one time.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.