New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Dragonspire Killers 2: The Sequel that Doesn't Suck

The Dragonridge Killers 2: The Sequel that doesn't Suck
    20 years have passed since the killings in Dragonspire. The town has become relatively normal again, and has been voted the most beautiful town out of 100 other towns.
    However, what the citizens didn't know is that the best Serial Killers always come back...even from DEATH!

Mindfreak586 presents........The Dragonridge Killers 2: The Sequel that Doesn't Suck.
    Player Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Team Innocents
    Spoiler
    Show

Villager
    You are a Villager. You have been in town forever. Your job is to catch the killer by lynching them.
    Guardian Angel
    You're a Guardian Angel. Your job is to protect someone different every night. By day you appear as a normal villager to everyone else, letting no one know what you are.
    Special:
    Spoiler
    Show

Everynight you can choose to protect someone from being killed once(send me a PM for this). If you choose to protect someone that two killers go after, they will die. You cannot be killed by a killer but you can be lynched.

Team Neutral
    Spoiler
    Show

Ghost:When players are killed (through murder or lynching), they become ghosts and lose the power to vote. However, they are still allowed to post in the thread and give advice to the living.

* Ghosts must post in a different color to help people keep track of who is still alive.
    * If you had a role other than citizen or killer, it will not be revealed upon your death. Once you're dead, however, it is up to you whether or not to reveal yourself.

Team Killers
    Spoiler
    Show

Killer
    You are a killer. Your job is to kill as many people as possible while working with your fellow killer.
    Henchman
    You are a henchman. Your job is to throw suspicion off of the killers.

Optional Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

[I]These roles will only be used if we get more than 20 people wanting to play. If there is 30 or more people wishing to play then these roles will be added and the cap of people will be raised to 25.

The Bloodhound: The bloodhound's role is, like the citizens, to uncover the killers; however, he or she has access to certain information that normal citizens do not.

Following each update the bloodhound can PM the host and ask one question about a perceived red herring. They may only ask whether or not something in the kill is an intentional red herring (if they ask about something and it is a legitimate clue they will receive the same answer they would have if it had been an unintentional red herring). The Bloodhound may ask their question any time before the kill is posted - the sooner you ask, the sooner you will get an answer.
    * Your Bloodhound identity is to be kept secret at all times, and may not be revealed to anyone publicly or privately. You must convince people you are right like any other citizen would, by coming up with evidence and valid arguments.
    * Once dead, the bloodhound can reveal who s/he is, but may not reveal clues received as the detective. The bloodhound's job is to convince the citizens through argument, not to give them information.
    Team Good Aligned

The Detective: The detective's role is, like the citizens, to uncover the killers; however, he or she has access to certain information that normal citizens do not.

Following each update the detective can PM the host one yes or no question, with the exception of asking the Killer's identity. The Detective may ask their question any time before the kill is posted - the sooner you ask, the sooner you will get an answer.
    * Your Detective identity is to be kept secret at all times, and may not be revealed to anyone publicly or privately. You must convince people you are right like any other citizen would, by coming up with evidence and valid arguments.
    * Once dead, the detective can reveal who s/he is, but may not reveal clues received as the detective. The detective's job is to convince the citizens through argument, not to give them information.
    Team Good Aligned

Rabid Votecat: The Rabid Votecat eats votes. After biting someone, they temporarily invalidate their target's vote through clever use of rabies

Victory:
    For the Innocents they need to kill all of the Killers. For the Killers they need to make the Innocent's members equal Team Killer's members.

Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Some people have been given gifts by a stranger in boxes that have been sent to everyone. 9 of them contain items, 1 contains a bomb. Whoever gets the bomb and opens the box dies if it goes off. There is a 25% chance for it not to go off. There is only one of each item.
    Shield: The shield protects a person from being killed once. After that it breaks.
    Magnifying Glass: Let's you look in at one person's past once per night. If they are a Killer or a Henchman then they have a violent past. If they are a Guardian Angel then they have no past. If they are a villager they have a quiet past. Warps upon death.
    Warped Magnifying Glass: The Warped Magnifying Glass lets you look at one person's past once per night. If they are a Killer or a Henchman then they have a violent past. If they are a Guardian Angel then they have no past. If they are a villager they have a quiet past. The Warped Magnifying Glass has a 50% chance to give you the wrong answer though. Indistinguishable from a Magnifying Glass. Is destroyed upon death.
    Broken Camera: Upon your death you drop a cryptic clue of who your killer is. What it says is up to me. Is destroyed upon death.
    Bomb Jacket: When you die you blow up, taking your killer(or a random lynch mob member) out with you. Is destroyed upon death.
    Teleporter Watch: When an attempt on your life is made, you randomly switch places with another villager. After being used once it breaks.
    Malfunctioning Teleporter Watch: Every night there is a 10% chance for you to switch places with a person about to be killed. You die in their place. When you are to be killed by a killer there is a 75% chance for it not to work. You think it's a working Teleporter Watch. Is destroyed upon death.
    Hunting Dog: You can have your dog investigate 5 people. He's very old. If any of the 5 people are a killer, he's found murdered. If they are innocent, he is found having died in his sleep. If one of the people are a henchman the dog will be found murdered. If one of the people is a killer and one is a henchman the dog will be found murdered. If one of the people is the guardian angel the dog will be found alive and will have not die in his sleep. If there is a killer and a guardian angel then the dog dies in his sleep. Can only be used until he is found dead. Isn't destroyed upon death.
    Ballot Stuffer: You can have your vote count as two votes once. Isn't destroyed upon death.
    Trowel of Wonder:*The Trowel of Wonder activates upon its holder's death. A random event from the list below occurs upon activation.

1. Crazy Veteran Effect: You strap on a bomb vest before anyone can get you. If lynched, you have a 1/3 chance to take each voter with you, individually. If you are targeted by a killer, you have a 1/2 chance of taking the killer with you.

2. Russian Reversal: In Soviet Russia, victim kills YOU!! If lynched, the first voter for the intended victim dies instead. If killed, killer dies instead.

3. Ackbar: The killer or leading lynch voter is disabled for a turn.

4. Victim Scramble: Next Turn, the targets of the killers get shuffled around.

5. Meat Shield: One player is randomly killed instead of the intended victim.

6. Final Destination: You may cause one player of your choice to be culled next turn.

7. Organ Donor: One victim from the same update survives.

8. I got better: You die. Next update, you make a full recovery. You cannot vote in that update, however, and must still post in color until then.

9. Rocks fall everyone ducks: The host will roll a d20 for each living player. Anyone who rolls a 1 gets crushed to death.

10. Rewind*: Everyone is brought back to life, for every role that was cut during the round (killer, henchman, hound, and detective) one more shall be rolled randomly from those resurrected.

12. Wha? : The trowel refuses to activate. You are on your own.*

13. Ghostly rights : Next turn, the ghosts get a vote. Popular vote gets added to the lynch vote for the day.*

14.Change of Heart : Random citizen becomes a killer for the remainder of the game

15.Hat Trick : Three random effects happen.

Rules

Spoiler
    Show

*48-hour long Days
    *24-hour long Nights
    *2 Killers
    *3 Henchmen
    *1 Guardian Angel
    *1 of each Item
    *Killers know each other and know the Henchmen
    *Henchmen know each other and know the Killers
    *Items can be given to others or destroyed as well as taken from a dead body
    *The person with the most lynch votes gets lynched, the 25% rule is not in effect
    How to use the Hunting Dog/(Warped) Magnifying Glass/Ballot Stuffer: To use the item send me a PM. For the Ballot Stuffer simply say you wish to use it for tonight's lynching vote. For the Hunting Dog name 5 people you want him to investigate. For the (Warped) Magnifying Glass send me a PM of the guy you want to investigate.
    How the Items work: I choose 7 of the players to offer them a box. If they choose not to open it then the box is offered to someone else.
    How the Killing works: There's 2 kills every night. As a Killer you write your kill of how you kill someone(you PM your kill to me). In it you must leave a clue to your identity. You may also leave up to 2 Red Herrings. The clue can relate to you as a poster. Being lynched makes your kill null. At the beginning you have a beginning kill that doesn't kill off any players, but a random villager. This is to give players a feel for your writing style(A.K.A. Flavor Reasons). This 'dummy kill' is put in the post for the first day of the game.

Example Beginning Day

Spoiler
    Show

(Random Joe) is Dragged screaming by his feet to the old oak. A noose is hanging there and it's slipped around his neck.*
    "I didn't do it!" he yelled as they kicked the stool out from under him.
    Congrats, he was (Innocent or Guilty)
    (If he had a Cracked Magnifying Glass the message goes here.)
    Example Kill:
    As (Random Joe) went to bed he noticed a magician apparently levitating outside on the streets. He shrugged it off as he laid down in his soft bed. He was awoken by the honking of a hand-held horn in his face. He sat up in bed as a juggling pin was brought down hard on his head with a sickening crunch.
    Player Killed: (Random Joe)

Explaination: The magician apparently levitating in the street is a call out to the magician Chris Angel, or as he is more commonly known as: Mind Freak. This would be my clue towards my identity. The honking and the juggling pins are a call out to Gamzee from Homestuck. They are my two red herrings that can point to someone who openly shows their love of Homestuck, such as Derjuin, Fan, or Crimson Angel to name a few.

Player List 0/20 places filled.

Everyone has two weeks to sign up for this! There'll be a raffle too, so just because 20 people have already signed up doesn't mean you shouldn't as well. You see, out of everyone who signs up, the ones that will actually play will be chosen randomly.

Now let's all have some fun, ya hear?!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonspire Killers 2: The Sequel that Doesn't Suck

You can't pay me enough to miss it. I am in.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Count me in.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Will the "letting no one know who you are" part in the GA's description be lethally enforced?
    The BareFoot Programmer

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miss my favoritest game evah? No way! In. And the raffle is a very unfair idea in my opinion. So if more than 20 people join and I don't get to play, I'll feel extremely ripped off, just so you know.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

In. Also not a fan of the raffle, but if you think it's fair, then ok.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Will the "letting no one know who you are" part in the GA's description be lethally enforced?
    Yes, I will use my powers of the internets to send rabid rabbits to your house if you let anyone know.
    Please think of it more as a guideline for fun play. It kinda ruins the mystery and fun if you tell someone else your role, don't you think?

And on the raffle, I may not instate it in the end.
    I may very well in fact let everyone join who signs up. I do have a tweaked set of roles for 30 and 40 players, plus some roles and items I haven't made official that I would add to level the playing field.

I do hope you guys like the new item? And the new roles?
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Here we go!

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Joining this, who will be evil this time? Muahahahahaha.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

IN!!!!!!!!! So in.... there is no way I am going to miss this one!
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

In, wounded but in.
    To think, you would betray me for another Narrator!
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

In.
    I like mindfreak games.
    If you can, dont make me the bloodhound or the detective. im not sure i can play them well, and they look to coplicated for me to use.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2011-12-15 at 09:04 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

You can count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    In.
    I like mindfreak games.
    If you can, dont make me the bloodhound or the detective. im not sure i can play them well, and they look to coplicated for me to use.
    Bloodhound doesn't look too complicated.

The Killer has to describe how he kills his target. He must leave some clue to his identity in the description. He is allowed to leave false clues. Each day the bloodhound can question one clue and learn if it's false.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-12-15 at 06:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I said I was in again, I'm in.

Assuming I survive the first cut of the Raffle.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

In, for certain. At least if I don't get raffled out (not really a fan of that method...).

Oh, and I should probably link to Won't get Fooled Again, since Flabort and Ramsus previously played me proficiently.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    In, for certain. At least if I don't get raffled out (not really a fan of that method...).

Oh, and I should probably link to Won't get Fooled Again, since Flabort and Ramsus previously played me proficiently.

we'll see what happens this time. You may even end up beating on me like a drum
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not me?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Not me?
    That's right... You were a henchman in that one, weren't you?

Yeah, you did pretty well at manipulating me. As did the rest of the Killer side.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Gimmace was a killer last time.

The kills were written fantastically, we would like to say.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh. Been way too long... But yes, in that case, most certainly; you never hit my suspect until after I was a ghost.

Was Ramsus a henchman, then, though? Because I distinctly remember Flabort being a killer...

Edit: And yes, the kills were great. I don't suppose we could see what you had for the rest of us, could we? I rather liked the backstory you were building up, and I still want to see just how everyone had wronged you both...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-22 at 02:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Edit: And yes, the kills were great. I don't suppose we could see what you had for the rest of us, could we? I rather liked the backstory you were building up, and I still want to see just how everyone had wronged you both...
    Oh, yes, we did never get to see that.

Ramsus was a Henchman, yes.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

While we're reminiscing, could the person with the bomb jacket speak up this time? I'd prefer to live past day one...
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Argh. Been way too long... But yes, in that case, most certainly; you never hit my suspect until after I was a ghost.

Was Ramsus a henchman, then, though? Because I distinctly remember Flabort being a killer...

Actually, I never actually figured it out... Bad form, I know. But maybe I'll have to go read through my kills again and fill in the holes in the story........sometime.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-12-22 at 03:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm joining, babe!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

25. - Top - End - #25

13 players have signed up so far, and everyone else has till tomorrow to sign up.
    Unless more people sign up we won't be able to play.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sad day! Come on other people, give the game a shot, you might like it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Fine, fine, I'll play. I just hope I'm not a killer, as I've taken on enough narration already.
    The BareFoot Programmer

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

It's about time I came back. The guy who gets lynched because his name is so easy to put in RP.

In!
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

29. - Top - End - #29

Sorry guys, we don't even have the amount of players from when the first game was played, so unfortunately this game cannot be played.

However, make sure you tune in in a couple months. I'll try my best to drum up intrest, find artists to make cool trophies, and think of a better setting then the cliché: Killers come back, idea.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dang, I was looking forward to playing this. Oh well, good luck on your quest to make the perfect game, Mindfreak.
    Spoiler
    Show