New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 52 12345678910112651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Camp Sleep S'More (Day 12)

Huddles of diminutive figures walk through the gated archway with a mixture of trepidation and excitement. Lights from the afternoon sun reflect off thick braces and thicker glasses. Nervous eyes glance back and forth… looking for familiar faces, whilst hands clutch firmly at suitcases, backpacks, sleeping bags and insulated cases of medications. Once in a while a giggle is heard as a young boy wearing a towel like a cape streaks through the crowd. Whispers and finger pointing follow until a bell rings out clearly from up ahead.

Once… twice… five times (three sir)three times.
    Standing before the crowd is an odd trio, who can’t help but bring a large smile to every face. A tall man in a faded tye-dye tee-shirt, shoulder length salt and pepper hair, a scruffy beard and a ginormous cup of coffee waves for all the campers to come forward. To his right is a beautiful figure flying about three feet off the group on purplish gossamer wings. She shakes her head in perpetual amazement at the hippie and his coffee, and lightly plants a kiss on his cheek. The third figure bleats and wags his tail happily, then pauses to adjust the mask that has slipped over one of his eyes.

Welcome to Camp Sleep S’More! My name is Smellie_Hippie, but you all can call me hippie. To my right is the most important person in my life… my lovely wife Mountain_Faerie. And over to my left is a modest celebrity, Atreyu the Masked Llama. We know you are all going to have a great time here at camp, so let’s take a few minutes so we can show you around.

The camp directors lead the group forward towards an oblong pit filled with rough hewn benches. The benches descend in a tiered fashion, and ahead of the semi-circle is a carefully constructed campfire, waiting to be lit. This is the site of our famous Camp Sleep S’More scary stories. You’ve heard about them, you love them, you can’t wait to hear them. Looking around, you see gravel pathways leading to five brightly colored cabins.

Hippie points towards an orange cabin in the Northwest corner. This is Cabin Pirates, inside you’ll find eye patches and silly hook-hands. Going clockwise hippie identifies the remaining four cabins. The green cabin is Cabin Rebellion, please don’t break the light sabers. This blue cabin is Cabin Llama Llama Duck, where you will find alpaca blankets and more rubber duckies than you will know what to do with. Cabin Mafia is the purple one, and we hope you can find a fedora that fits. Finally we have Cabin Werewolf in red, where you will find plastic fangs and fuzzy monster slippers. On the far side of the lake is Cabin Ye Old West, painted yellow. This Cabin has just been refurbished, and there are tin stars and cap guns.

Moving on, we have the dining hall, which has been freshly painted and scrubbed…. since it got kinda messy last year. Beyond that is our new organic farm! We have a barn to house a few animals, pigs, chickens, sheep and of course… llamas! Lastly is this tye-dye structure just south of the dining hall. This is our camp directors cab… what the heck!?

It is readily apparent that mischief is already afoot. Long strips of toilet paper are draped across the roof, around the walls and clumped in wet wads like giant spitballs on the windows. Dozens upon dozens of tacky pink flamingos are scattered all around the cabin… and a note has been pinned to the front door. Mountain_Faerie flies over to the door and pulls the note off. As the other directors peer over her shoulder, hippie reads the note out loud.

Spoiler
    Show
    By now you should have guessed that we are still here. I hope you all won’t need to use the bathroom for a while. It’s hard to believe that you’re trying to do this again. We thought those brownies were supposed to help with creativity! So go ahead and try and run your camp again, we’re eagerly awaiting your scary stories.

Insincerely,

Camp Wrong-Side-of-the-Tracks

Oh dear.

Alright then campers... some of you are not supposed to be here. I hope you can figure out who is who!

Current Players and Cabin Assignments
    Spoiler
    Show

Cabin Pirates
    thanatos5150
    Dallas Dakota
    evnafets
    Fin
    Ganurath
    Helgraf
    O'ThadowBFF scared night 7
    PhantomFox CWSotT kicked out day 4
    Raldor Camper Kicked out day 6
    Cabin Mafia
    Alarra CWSOTTs kicked out day 5
    Dr Bath Camper withdrew day 5
    Fenris Hybrid Ow! My Braces autolynched day 4
    Indurain BFF scared away night 8
    Jontom Xire
    Ranna
    Supagoof
    Thes Hunter
    Uncle Festy
    Cabin Rebellion
    BURNHollywoodBURNcamper kicked out day 7
    CurlyKitGirl
    Face of Evil CWSOTT kicked out day 9
    Free Hand camper auto-lynched day 9
    I'm Da Rogue Prankster kicked out Day 8
    JAGG camper, kicked out day two
    Piratemonk camper auto-lynched
    RadikalSkippy CWSOTT kicked out day 10
    Shadowcaller
    Stu42 camper autolynched day 4
    Cabin Werewolf
    Banjo1985
    Demonic Angel
    EmeraldRose
    Gezina
    Keris Rain camper autolynched day 4
    Lord Fullbladder Weekend Warrior autolynched day 4
    Mordokai BFF , Scared Night Three
    Ominous camper auto-lynched
    Leoman BFF auto-lynched Day 8
    ZombieRockStar Camper Scared Night One
    Cabin Llama Llama Duck
    Aemoh Camper Scared Night Two
    Freshmeat
    Malmagor Andrigal
    Shishnarfne
    V Junior Camper Auto-lynched day 6
    Vampiric
    xNadia
    Zar Peter Assistant Camp Director Scared away night 5
    Zeb the Troll
    Cabin Ye Old West
    Almighty Salmon Camper Kicked out day three
    DarkLightDragon Camper Auto-lynched day 5
    Emporer Demonking Camper Auto-lynched day 6
    Fleeing Coward
    Haruki-kun
    Nibleswick Camper Auto-lynched Day 8
    Pwenet Mommy's Brave Little Camper, scared night 5
    SweetLikeLemons BFF scared night 10
    Yspoch

Camp Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Mommy’s Brave Little Camper (Baner): This camper picks one frightened child each night, and keeps them safe. Mommy’s Brave Little Camper stays up all night long with one of the campers to help survive the ghost story.

Assistant Camp Director (Seer): This camper is the right hand man/woman for the camp director. Though never trusted with all the itinerary and camp roster, they can spend part of the evening thinking really hard, and recognize (scry) where each camper came from.

B-F-F Campers (Masons): These campers have been pen pals, gone on sleep-overs and have group photos from various family vacations. They all know each other, and have been best friends for years. The B-F-F campers scry as B-F-F campers.

Junior Gang Leader (Alpha Wolf): The Junior Gang Leader has snuck into camp Sleep S’More before. He/She has used his skills to forge their name on the roster, and will be scried as a regular camper. The Junior Gang Leader will pick the remainder of the juvenile delinquents before the game starts.

Camp Wrong-side-of-the-Tracks (Werewolves): These campers have snuck into camp to bring mischief and mayhem. They are nasty and rotten, and want to scare away all the kids, so they can set up their gang in the posh setting of Camp S’More. Every night, they will select a camper to scare by enacting the Ghost Story told at the fire-pit Jamboree.

The Prankster (Devil): This is that camper who thought hording all the TP was funny… switching toothpaste for itch-cream, putting kids hands in warm-water, hiding the oars for the canoe… *pant pant pant*. The Prankster can scry the other campers every night, and will be scried as camp Wrong-Side-of-the-Tracks.

The Weekend Warrior (Fool): This camper has been camping once before… but only once. He/she thinks they know everything about it, and can accurately peg everyone in their “camp roles”. During night activities, the Weekend Warrior can scry any individual, but the results will be randomly determined.

Ow My Braces got Stuck! (Lovers): These two campers have snuck away from the campfire for some alone time. The only problem is that they appear to have gotten stuck. If one of them gets booted out of camp, the other will have to go with… for a trip to the orthodontist! These campers are aware of whom each other is, but not their roles.
    Last edited by smellie_hippie; 2008-06-09 at 09:01 AM.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Camp Sleep S'More (Day One)

((Woot! First post!
    Repost from the recruitment thread:))
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Dan sighs. "It's deja vu all over again." He turns back to 'Goof. "Ok. I learned the art of wizardry from my father. More specifically, from my father's wizarding school. Anyone who has any spark of magical talent can learn wizardry, but very few have the time and means to develop the skill. Yes, I'm from earth - which is more then you can say about the demon you were chasing around earlier. Hogwarts and Harry Potter aren't real, and the idea of being able to cast as many spells as you want is simply laughable. I can cast a couple of other simple spells, but what I just did was about the limit of my abilities. There's not much else I'll be able to do today."
    Dan sits back down on his bed, and starts pulling some clothes out of his backpack.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

3. - Top - End - #3

((thanks for the link))
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

4. - Top - End - #4

((You're welcome.
    Oh, and when does day 1 end?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sven grins widely as he spies the new Pirate regaila and replaces some of his homemade pieces with the ones provided. Messing up the sheets of his bunk a bit as well as getting them somewhat wet (what do you expect from an otter?) , he hops back out of it, and looks around for any of the other arrivals to greet and get to know.

6. - Top - End - #6

Standing knee-deep in a sea of rubber duckies, Nadia momentarily looks bewildered, until she realises there is only one thing to be done in such a situation...

"RUBBER DUCKIE FIGHT!!!" she squeals, and starts to throw ducks at her cabin-mates.
    formerly known as xNadia

7. - Top - End - #7

Peter looks up from his comics as he notices xNadia entering ninjaed him the Cabin.

Hey, a Duck fight? Well, I wondered what these things are for.
    Welcome in the realm Llama Llama Duck. Don't ask us what this name is for, I think the Camp director must had a little bit too much coffee. I'm Peter and this guy (point at Freshmeat) is Francis.
    By the way Francis, the Falcons don't fly away, they have little caps over their eyes so they stay calm. Only when they should hunt their prey the caps will be removed and the Falcons may fly.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-03-14 at 05:02 PM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

A blue estate pulls up just inside the camp gates and a small boy of around seven and his mother get out. The mother pulls her son's luggage out of the back of the car and gives it to him.

She strides over to Hippie and the rest of the staff, she's wearing a smart blue suit and a name tag, reading 'Dr. B. Bath'

I'm so sorry we're late, we got ...delayed slightly. Here's Marco's permission slip...

Name: Marco Bath
    Sex: Male
    Allergies: none. But he doesn't like dust, it makes him sneeze a bit.
    Contact details: My number is 0773944533. His father is.... away. There is no need to contact him.

Notes: Marco is scared of being alone, as long as he has someone with him, he'll be alright though.

Signed:

*illegible squiggle*
    Ms. B. Bath (PhD)
    The ink has run quite a lot, but is still just about legible.

If that's alright, I'll just go say goodbye to my son,

Now. You're to behave yourself. But if anything goes wrong, I've given the camp director my number so I'll be back as soon as I can, ok?
    Ms. Bath bends down to hug her son, who immediately struggles to get free. He soon realises the futility of this and hangs limply in his mother's grasp.
    And you promise to keep clean? And wear your hat? And if it gets really hot, you're to ask one of the other campers for some sun tan lotion...

Ok. Yes. Fine. I will.

I'll see you in two weeks. Be good! Ms. Bath walks back to the car and with a final wave drives off.

...k.

Marco shoulders his massive backpack and, overly large sun hat, blue t-shirt, walking boots and all, heads, somewhat ungainly towards Cabin Mafia.

He makes it about ten feet before falling over.

Uhmmm...little help?

9. - Top - End - #9

Easily bored, Nadia throws an afterthought duckie, then collapses next to Peter. "Comics?" She pokes one with her tail.
    formerly known as xNadia

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Pwenet steps out of his cabin, his back lacking the backpack that he had on originally. Looking around he starts walking around, eying those that had been at the camp before with suspicion underneath the cowl of his hood.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

11. - Top - End - #11

Yes, I brought some of my collection. These Donald Duck comics are drawn by Don Rosa, the unofficial successor of Carl Barks. And of course some Asterix and Lucky Luke, masterpieces of french comic art. Wanna read some? And please be careful with them, some are first edition, nearly unaffordable nowadays.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Dan sees the new kid outside. "Hey 'Goof, wanna go give him a hand with his bag?" Not waiting for a response, Dan jogs outside to give Bath a hand.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

After several failed attempts, Marco manages, with Dan's help to get up again.

Um....Thanks.

Marco starts on his way to Mafia cabin agian. This time taking a little more care.

My name is Marco Bath. Who're you? Marco stretches out a hand.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Hey. I'm Dan, and I may or may not be a wizard in training."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

PirateMonk trudges to his cabin with a sigh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

"So... where is the rest of the brood of werewolves? I am kinda new here so I wouldn't know any of the names."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Hullo Dan. I hope you're not a wizard. I don't like wizards. They're cheats... Oooh! Where can I get one of those fedoras from?

Marco puts his backpack down just inside Mafia cabin.

18. - Top - End - #18

*A little girl exited the mafia cabin with an overlarge fedora balanced on her head dropping over her eyes, she staggers about unable to see clutching at her recorder and spots marco*

Hey, hey, Im in your cabin I think, I hope you dont leave your socks about. It does upset me! Have you met anybody else yet? and have you been here before? This is my first time at camp I hope the food is nice...
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

*Rose wanders back from a "walk" in the woods to find her cabin and bunkmates*

Hmm...Cabin Werewolf? And what's this? Little plastic fangs and fuzzy monster slippers? Well, at least the slippers will be warm...

*Rose makes a disgusted face at the rows of fangs, but picks up a pair of fuzzy slippers, and takes them with her other gear over to a bunk*

I wonder who else is in this cabin?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Getting to his acbin, Mordy sees unknown girl in there.

"Guess you're one of the wolves. I am too. The name is Mordy and I'll warn you right now, I'm not very socialisible person. That said, if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask me for it. Now, I think it's high time for my afternoon nap. Oh yeah, I call the top bunk."

With that, Mordy jumps on the top bunk and soon snoring can be heard from it.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #21

A tiny little boy in black pants (apparently shorts, but they touch his feet anyway) and a read shirt wanders around, carrying along a stuffed tiger twice his size. He has no interest in any of the other kids, preferring instead to monologue to himself, bizarrely: "Spaceman Spiff lands among an alien culture with his sidekick, Astro Tiger! What strange and ugly creatures will he find here?"
    Remember when I had an avatar?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Keris enters cabin Werewolf trepidly, his eyes moving back and forth between patches of shadow. Eying the false fangs warily, he moves to a bed in the corner and sits clutching his teddy bear silently.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Getting to his acbin, Mordy sees unknown girl in there.

"Guess you're one of the wolves. I am too. The name is Mordy and I'll warn you right now, I'm not very socialisible person. That said, if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask me for it. Now, I think it's high time for my afternoon nap. Oh yeah, I call the top bunk."

With that, Mordy jumps on the top bunk and soon snoring can be heard from it.
    *Rose glares at the little boy snoring away like a commoner*

She thinks, How dare he call me a wolf? Though I suppose he can be forgiven his grievous insult, as I'm not exactly in my true form at the moment...she looks around the cabin and sniffs disdainfully. Not that I'd fit in here anyway.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

24. - Top - End - #24

Kain reads his cabin name.

"Llama Llama Duck..."

He starts walking towards where Hippie said it was.

All that can be heard is:

"Here's a Llama
    There's a Llama
    And another little Llama
    Fuzzy Llama
    Funny Llama
    Llama Llama
    Duck

..." (etc.)

Once he reaches the Cabin, to find a rubber duck fight (which he participates in for a bit), anyone outside the cabin hears the sounds of rushed cartoon woodwork.

Anyone inside sees a new coffin sat upright in the corner of the cabin...

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

*looks around* Okay, where is Kitty. He ran away, all I did was lick him. One little slip, cut off his tail and he rund away. *turns about in all directions* HERE KITTY KITTY!!!! *shambles off chewing on half a cow*
    Okay, now that I have dinner for me, what is everyone else having?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

JAGG wanders back to cabin Rebellion, and opens the cupboard he hadn't noticed before as a bunch of lightsabers fall out onto the floor. "Oh darn, for a second there I thought they were real. That woulda been cool. Hmm I wonder though...."

and he sits down mumbling to himself, strange things like. "Short light wavelengths, Ruby solid state.....HMM no need a gas laser, carbon dioxide for far infrared. Magnetic grapple for far mirror refraction effect. Start small with prototype use Helium neon.." he looks up at the neon light overhead.

Ominous sounds are heard from the cabin.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Ganurath smiles politely at PhantomFox, which makes it look like the half-orc wants to eat the otter alive if you've never seen an orky smile. "I'm Ganurath. I take it you're in the Pirate Cabin too?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

(It's 11:11! Make a wish!)

Day will be ending on Sunday Afternoon/Night, so have fun pointing!
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Sven fails to break stride in his cheerfulness and jumps up and slaps Garnurath on the back exuberantly in greeting.

"Heya! Yeah, I'm in Pirate cabin too! Name's Sven, nice to meetcha! 's nice to see so many people around here! Hey, have you seen this kid, Fenris Hybrid? I think I saw him check in, but haven't seen him since."

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Faerie View Post
    (It's 11:11! Make a wish!)

Day will be ending on Sunday Afternoon/Night, so have fun pointing!
    Okay. Here we encounter a slight problem. I'm a New Zealander; may I ask what time zone you're using, so as to set my clock? Otherwise, I'll probably end up being awfully out-of-synch. Thank you!
    formerly known as xNadia