New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVIII: Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having earlier broken a Pinkie promise and ticked off Fluttersertive, you are now fleeing from tardy!twilight who wants you for an experiment. You run into a situation where you can either go one way and Pinkie will find you, another and Fluttershy will, or you can be hauled off by Twilight.

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tell twilight that I have a friendship problem with pinkie and flutters, and I REALLY NEED some help dealing with it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Bugbear in the Playground

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having earlier broken a Pinkie promise and ticked off Fluttersertive, you are now fleeing from tardy!twilight who wants you for an experiment. You run into a situation where you can either go one way and Pinkie will find you, another and Fluttershy will, or you can be hauled off by Twilight.

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd pick Fluttershy. The worst she'd do is shove you out of the way, but pinkie looks like she would devour your soul and being the subject of Twi's experiments when she's irrational and crazy probably ends with me turning into something out of the Lovecraft mythos
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    S2:E19: Put Your Hoof Down
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cherry!stallion was, perhaps, justifiable from a strict supply-demand perspective (seriously, fluttershy, play it closer to the vest ).
    S2 E19
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strict supply-and-demand economics involves setting the price of your product to the equilibrium where you neither have surplus goods piling up nor have your stock run out while there are still customers willing to pay your price. It does not involve charging each customer her exact willingness-to-pay. That is... I'm not sure what that's called, actually. A merchant's greatest dream, maybe?

On the episode in general: I don't really think the situation's all that comparable to what Discord tried, seeing as Fluttershy honestly wanted to be more assertive. The only thing I had a problem with was that rant. Cheesy aphorisms and behavior patterns she'd practiced before are one thing, and lapsing into Iron Will's mannerism of referring to New Fluttery in third person without pronouns is something I can write off as Rule of Funny, but where did those opinions on Rarity and Pinkie's worthless lives come from? I know those weren't part of the program; they didn't even rhyme! I wish they could have spared thirty seconds for an explanation, or at least a proper apology.

Also, Pinkie Pie totally scammed that poor tomato vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

4. - Top - End - #1294

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tell twilight that I have a friendship problem with pinkie and flutters, and I REALLY NEED some help dealing with it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creative, but may end up poorly depending on what Twi thinks the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    S2 E19
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I think a large portion of the market is haggle-friendly anyway. One of the things I like about open-air markets.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1295

S2 E19
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strict supply-and-demand economics involves setting the price of your product to the equilibrium where you neither have surplus goods piling up nor have your stock run out while there are still customers willing to pay your price. It does not involve charging each customer her exact willingness-to-pay. That is... I'm not sure what that's called, actually. A merchant's greatest dream, maybe?

On the episode in general: I don't really think the situation's all that comparable to what Discord tried, seeing as Fluttershy honestly wanted to be more assertive. The only thing I had a problem with was that rant. Cheesy aphorisms and behavior patterns she'd practiced before are one thing, and lapsing into Iron Will's mannerism of referring to New Fluttery in third person without pronouns is something I can write off as Rule of Funny, but where did those opinions on Rarity and Pinkie's worthless lives come from? I know those weren't part of the program; they didn't even rhyme! I wish they could have spared thirty seconds for an explanation, or at least a proper apology.

Charging different prices based on willingness to pay is called market segmentation or price discrimination. The airline industry is very good at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy should have found another vendor or convinced a pony who had bought the cherry for two bits to resell it to her for a profit. That guy was just gouging her, which is short sighted if she shops for cherries on a regular basis
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I cannot disagree harder. I wanted to punch him in the marketing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see your punch to the marketing and raise you a strike to the spleen with the butt-end of a rocket launcher.

That kind of attitude that it's okay to scam people because "it's good business" generally inclines me to remind the individual in question it's thus okay for me to utilise the full breadth of my Evil creativity because it's "good necromancy"; 'cos if they're not gonna be ethical, I'm not even gonna make a sporting attempt to try...!

But I think that's part of the problem of this episode; everypony acted like an arse in one way or another, at some stage, and that's just not cool at all. Maybe it's just my inherent Englishness or something, but it just strikes me as stuff that is just Not Done in polite society. (Even Evil polite society.)

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    What I always do when not in a position to use overwhelming direct force - cheat like a freaking bandit and call Celestia...

Right, I better go meditate before Raz starts throwing things at me or something...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-03-03 at 09:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

S2 E19
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    As Eakin mentioned, it's called price discrimination. It would be perfect price discrimination if you charged each person the exact max that he/she was willing to pay. It's a bit beyond the bounds of this thread to go into the full theory, but there's an argument that it's not such a bad thing because it will lead to an increased output of beneficial goods, even though each individual consumer will be less happy.

In this case, since the market was open air and prices weren't fixed, I'm not all that mad at the cherry dealer. He was a bit stupid though, since he didn't make the sale and ended up ony getting two bits. If he had just negotiated down in response to Fluttershy's poor bargaining, he could have easily gotten 3 or 4 bits and everyone would have been happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see your punch to the marketing and raise you a strike to the spleen with the butt-end of a rocket launcher.

That kind of attitude that it's okay to scam people because "it's good business" generally inclines me to remind the individual in question it's thus okay for me to utilise the full breadth of my Evil creativity because it's "good necromancy"; 'cos if they're not gonna be ethical, I'm not even gonna make a sporting attempt to try...!

But I think that's part of the problem of this episode; everypony acted like an arse in one way or another, at some stage, and that's just not cool at all. Maybe it's just my inherent Englishness or something, but it just strikes me as stuff that is just Not Done in polite society. (Even Evil polite society.)

Spoiler
    Show
    What I always do when not in a position to use overwhelming direct force - cheat like a freaking bandit and call Celestia...

Right, I better go meditate before Raz starts throwing things at me or something...
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're just mad because we're all used to cherries and other necessary consumer goods being subject to some fair and fixed price. Take another context, like a contract for personal service or a large-scale deal and you'll see people negotiating unique deals all the time. Sure, the cherry dealer isn't charitable, but I don't want to cast him as the bad guy just because 99% of us (myself included) would cut Fluttershy a deal because she's so weak and innocent and deserving.

Regarding the craziness hypo
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd go with Twilight. I think she'd be the easiest to talk out of her crazy, at least for me. Plus, if I fail, there's a non-zero chance I end up with superpowers, which would be a win all around.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #1298

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Charging different prices based on willingness to pay is called market segmentation or price discrimination. The airline industry is very good at it.
    That's it! Thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy should have found another vendor or convinced a pony who had bought the cherry for two bits to resell it to her for a profit. That guy was just gouging her, which is short sighted if she shops for cherries on a regular basis
    Between this and the Flim-Flam brothers episode, I'm beginning to suspect that the writers don't care about economics...

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the idealized hypothetical scenario where I will run into one and exactly one of them, I'd go with Fluttershy. The trick is to think really sad thoughts. That way, you'll break quickly, hopefully giving her that "My Celestia, what have I done?" epiphany before things get too bad.

In an episode of the show, I know for a fact that the Rules of Funny and Narrative Causality will make me suffer all three fates. Thus, I start with Pinkie, as she is the unknown variable, and this way I at least know I'll survive for the rest of the Humiliation Conga.

In a realistic scenario, there is nothing I can do. Pinkie Pie can be anywhere and everywhere. Nothing can hide from her. Even if I slip beneath her notice, panicky Twilight has teleportation, mind control, and no regard for human or pony dignity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    i wouldn't be fleeing twi' to begin with.
    for science!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

10. - Top - End - #1300

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flee to the Everfree. Probably safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Even Evil polite society.)
    See, this is why you're awesome. These phrses.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I was going to comment on the microphones thing but forgot to;
    How are they surprising when we already have record turntables, DJ's and presumably speakers to match. Microphones don't seem like an enormous jump to me, really.

Hypotheticals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie seems to me to be both the least likely to invoke physical harm and the easiest to talk round, especially as if there would likely be a good reason for breaking a pinkie promise.

Sometimes I doubt the Commander's Evil Credentials. Bless.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-03-03 at 10:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    To whoever said the town of Ponyville were out of character:

That's wrong. Ponyville has always, always, always been populated with self-centred egotistical jerkwads. That's one of my favourite aspects of the show, actually, how the majority of background and minor characters are jerks - something you entirely don't expect from ponies as a concept.

It's making the point that friendship is magic and you shouldn't rely on or get upset by a world full of petty jerks. I love it for that reason, and love it every time a background pony acts like a wad.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    Take my chances with Pinkie.

Well, as soon as I can figure out how to pull the trigger with these hooves, anyway.

EDIT: And if Equestria's justice system was anything aside from the moon. It's hard for the courts to rule in your favor on basis of self-defense if there aren't any courts.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-03-03 at 10:56 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

So, uh...

A couple of you guys have probably seen the Budding Friendships video. And a few might have noticed in the team section of the website that I'm not marked as one of the primary members of the team. There's a couple reasons for that and I haven't really shared this with the team.

One is that school has kept me very busy. This past week I've pretty much been swamped in work.

The second, and probably larger reason, is because it ended up feeling like a lot of the decisions I made and all the things I wanted to do differently? Ended up getting changed or ignored or just otherwise got shot down. It made me feel like I couldn't have any creative control over what I wanted to be mine. It's more than a little depressing. Some angst within:

Spoiler
    Show
    I think one of my biggest problems was just the change in character design. My first draft had her with a pretty standard light brown coat and dark brown mane/tail, then I went through a couple revisions to make her stand out more, eventually ending up with this.

I was pretty happy with it. It fit the color scheme of the show, didn't make her look too much like one of the mane 6 (bit close to Fluttershy, but the hat I think makes her pretty distinct) and looked 'nature-y' to me (though that cutie mark was and still is corny). As an added bonus, I felt like it gave me a name to put on her: Sunny.

Then about two months ago, I was told that they were changing her design. I asked why, but I don't think I ever really got a more satisfactory answer than 'we want to change it'. Then it got changed to what you see in the videos and the website. It is...not to my tastes. Something about the green coat just makes me think she's nauseous and it doesn't really blend well with the hair. It just looks...wrong to me. It's not my Sunny, that's for sure.

Now, at this point, I have a couple options. One is to participate how I can with the project as it is, even if I'm not really happy with it. Another is to start over on my own and see how long it takes me to catch up, but this feels a bit...mean, I guess? And I don't know how much good will I could garner creating what a lot of people would see as a 'clone' of a game already in the works. Not to mention I don't think the team would be happy with it. Plus it means I'd have to avoid a lot of the choices I made in the first place to help distinguish mine from theirs (like the timeline, my original character design and so many of the little things I was happy with).

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Did Applelink use a Fus Ro Dah at Pinkie near the end there?

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Striking out and starting work on a very similar game so that you can do it your way would be a bit mean spirited.

In an idea world, these aren't big enough issues that you would feel the need to quit the team, as it doesn't sound like much beyond the kind of trouble you'd expect from working collaboratively on a project.

But if you genuinely aren't happy being where you are, there's nothing wrong with removing yourself from the situation that's making you unhappy. Doesn't have to be an ungracious move even, if you don't feel you have anything further to contribute simply wish them well and step aside.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    New Episode, now that I've seen it again, without a ton of lag
    Spoiler
    Show

When Pinkie laughs, why did Fluttershy throw the punch at her and then immediately turn all "bye girls" like nothing happened? She should know that Pinkie laughs all the time, why did she act all offended and then suddenly not? That part was really quite odd, very pointlessly cruel of her. Discorded rather than overly assertive, I'd say.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going with the idea that she just didn't know when she was going too far. She's decided that nopony's going to push her around, and that includes not letting anyone make fun of her. Pinkie's laughing just got clumped in with "They don't take me seriously" and resulted in her little rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that was a big one. Can't believe I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but I was wondering that all throughout that scene. The carts shouldn't have been an issue at all.

Zevox
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think at that point it wasn't an issue of the carts stopping her from crossing as it was that they were in her way. Nothing was going to get in New Fluttershy's way ever again. She wasn't flying when she got to the bridge and she wasn't going to fly across it now.

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    Hypothetical
    Spoiler
    Show

Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie backs off with a simple, honest apology and is least likely to result in physical harm. Fluttershy might physically be the weakest, but I don't need to deal with The Stare and don't know how far she'd go (that and a pony could still cause me some considerable pain) and whatever Twilight has planned involves magic, and there's no way I'm going to risk dealing with that.

S2 E19
    Spoiler
    Show

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say that was the point when it stopped being her imitating Iron Will and everything she was trying to be actually merged with her personality. It officially stopped being Fluttershy taking Iron Will's advice and started being New!Fluttershy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Striking out and starting work on a very similar game so that you can do it your way would be a bit mean spirited.

In an idea world, these aren't big enough issues that you would feel the need to quit the team, as it doesn't sound like much beyond the kind of trouble you'd expect from working collaboratively on a project.

But if you genuinely aren't happy being where you are, there's nothing wrong with removing yourself from the situation that's making you unhappy. Doesn't have to be an ungracious move even, if you don't feel you have anything further to contribute simply wish them well and step aside.
    This. Trying to make your own version of the game won't end well. Either yours will be called a clone or yours will end up being more popular and you'll hurt the team. Did they keep any of your other ideas? Just because they've changed the character design doesn't mean you've contributed nothing. You're in a group, so creative differences will happen and if the rest of the team decided to do something different then there's not a lot you can do. Maybe consider stashing away Sunny's original design for use in a different project later.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A hypothetical (ep)
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    teleport to Canterlot and punch Celestia in the face so she sends me to the moon where i will be safe unless Pinkie Pie can warp there...

Cry Havoc! and let slip the ponies of war! (non-episode)
    Spoiler
    Show
    those bears have no clue about the hurtin they are in for when Fluttershy starts throwin down...

Cheerilee, please tell me its just a phase... (non-episode)
    Spoiler
    Show

Experiencing Technical Derpyculties. Please stand by. (non-episode)
    Spoiler
    Show

episode spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    how long before we see this made in RL
    though it would be forever unused...who could ever live with themselves if they wiped their feet on her?
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-03-03 at 11:40 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #1310

hypothetical
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems the most popular third option is being sent to the moon.
    Trying to apologize to one might work though...
    But being part of SCIENCE for the Twilight option just won't end well
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

hypothetical
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems the most popular third option is being sent to the moon.
    Trying to apologize to one might work though...
    But being part of SCIENCE for the Twilight option just won't end well
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight's science consists of being hooked up to machines and having nothing happen. Twilight's science is only dangerous to Twilight.

Twilight: Spike, I have reached a conclusion: science causes anvils to spontaneously generate. They'll have to rewrite the physics books!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to go ahead and call this one my least favorite episode of the series. The examples of 'positive assertion' were more akin to manipulation, Angel goes beyond jerk territory in my book, and (like many have stated) the pacing seems way off, with Fluttershy getting her act together for no discernible reason.
    Least favorite of all, though, was her rant against Pinkie and Rarity. It's mostly personal for me, because it's exactly the sort of thing I say to myself in my worse moment (as I'm pursuing an art career), and moreover, she never really apologizes for it. Rarity and Pinkie are completely over it off screen, and it's treated like no big deal, but that was some serious stuff she was laying down. Words like that END friendships all the time; Heck, I stopped talking to a friend of mine for months because he said something similar.
    Anyway. Everything felt off to me; like things went a bit to extreme all the way around, and far too quickly.

Long story short: it was the first episode that ended with me feeling worse than when I started.
    Last edited by RobD; 2012-03-04 at 01:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

New Ep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...At about 13 min. in, I have to keep stopping the video. I have a habit, you see. It's a conditioned response to utter stupidity.

Like... so:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also... SO MANY Suspiciously Similar Songs!

They're watching us all with the Eyyyyeeeee... of the tiger!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-03-04 at 01:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Colossus in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Experiencing Technical Derpyculties. Please stand by. (non-episode)
    [SPOILER]
    Oh my gosh I wish my computer could pull off the bright background color look correctly so I could use this as my desktop picture.

Ep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe my brain's just broken, but I didn't have a problem with the whole assertiflutterbitchening. To me, it felt like each event to which she reacted was a nice little notch down the crazyness scale, wings notwithstanding. (After all, we all know that wings are worthless unless writers remember them.) 'Sides, if a really buff Mr. T Minotaur flexed his muscles at me, I'd be inclined to listen.

The thing that is going to keep me thinking all night, though, is if Fluttershy was actually assertive this entire time? This whole thing: Acting so passive and getting "lessons" from Pinkie Pie and Rarity so she could laugh at how foolish they all look, get a chance to make fun of them and make them cry, getting to shame a "professional,"* and have those ponies come back begging her to be nice, could have been a premeditated plan so she could troll Ponyville for her own enjoyment.

*Not to mention having a reason to get someone to tie her up, which I'm certain a number of fan fiction writers will have a heyday with again.

Hypothetical
    Spoiler
    Show
    Consider first, that when it comes to physical labor, generally speaking, Earth ponies are more inclined to it than Pegasus ponies, who in turn are usually more inclined than Unicorns. Hypothetically speaking, Twilight's your likeliest bet considering that you might escape even after she has you. She's also easiest distracted: Get a book.

That said, Fluttersertive has a special consideration, in that the majority of the damage she does is emotional. Now, far be it from me to say that hurting feelings doesn't hurt at all, but unless you're under psychological issues that require a professional, one would rather have a broken pride than a broken spleen, so Fluttersertive's the way to go.

That said, Pinkie's the kind of unstable ball of pinkieness that you know if she goes overboard on punishing you, she's the kind of pony that would throw you a party with cupcakes and muffins to apologize. And really, if you can handle 59-alarm hot sauce in your party punch, you'll be able to handle getting your soul torn asunder, so it's safest to go Pinkie Pie.

So, the conclusion I'm going here, is that I will go with the best pony of the bunch.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-03-04 at 02:58 AM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to go ahead and call this one my least favorite episode of the series. The examples of 'positive assertion' were more akin to manipulation, Angel goes beyond jerk territory in my book, and (like many have stated) the pacing seems way off, with Fluttershy getting her act together for no discernible reason.
    Least favorite of all, though, was her rant against Pinkie and Rarity. It's mostly personal for me, because it's exactly the sort of thing I say to myself in my worse moment (as I'm pursuing an art career), and moreover, she never really apologizes for it. Rarity and Pinkie are completely over it off screen, and it's treated like no big deal, but that was some serious stuff she was laying down. Words like that END friendships all the time; Heck, I stopped talking to a friend of mine for months because he said something similar.
    Anyway. Everything felt off to me; like things went a bit to extreme all the way around, and far too quickly.

Long story short: it was the first episode that ended with me feeling worse than when I started.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't really question Pinkie and Rarity coming back to Fluttershy. They know her too well and no doubt realize that something is now seriously wrong with her. This isn't the Fluttershy they love and they no doubt felt responsible for what's happened since they started it. When it's so clear that Iron Will's turned her into something horrible they can't really hold it against her.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

On Season 2, Episode 19
    Spoiler
    Show

……the frack?

why is everyone a jerk in this episode?

I hate this episode. This is nothing but people making Fluttershy into a jerk by being a jerk to her.

and both Rarity and Fluttershy are jerks to!

I hate this episode!

There was nothing wrong with Fluttershy as she was!

….but insulting Pinkie Pie? great! I approve!

Hrrrrrrrrrrmmm…..

good ending though. Still dislike this one, but good ending.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. Just popped in briefly, and ponythread is
    Spoiler
    Show
    really negative today. I haven't seen this kind of hate since the Owl episode.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    To whoever said the town of Ponyville were out of character:

That's wrong. Ponyville has always, always, always been populated with self-centred egotistical jerkwads. That's one of my favourite aspects of the show, actually, how the majority of background and minor characters are jerks - something you entirely don't expect from ponies as a concept.

It's making the point that friendship is magic and you shouldn't rely on or get upset by a world full of petty jerks. I love it for that reason, and love it every time a background pony acts like a wad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this is very true. I guess it was just taken to new extremes this week and that's what I reacted against.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Wow. Just popped in briefly, and ponythread is
    Spoiler
    Show
    really negative today. I haven't seen this kind of hate since the Owl episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What did you think of the episode? And for the record this was still better than Owl's well.
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-03-04 at 03:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this is very true. I guess it was just taken to new extremes this week and that's what I reacted against.

Spoiler
    Show
    What did you think of the episode? And for the record this was still better than Owl's well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hadn't watched it yet. May as well now!

Stream of consciousness review:

Fluttershy, don't you see that what Angel hungers for is STEAK? Or possibly amour. He is a bunny, after all.

... his special recipe is the same thing with a waffle and whipped cream.

Okay, so far, a minute in, I see what people are responding negatively to. That opening was kinda painful.

... I don't know that I want to keep watching this. It's making me feel sad inside. I don't watch ponies, when I watch ponies, to feel sad inside.

Rarity: I AM GOING TO BULLY YOU UNTIL YOU STOP PUTTING UP WITH BEING BULLIED.

Rarity, stop playing with that poor nerd's heart!

RARITY, I AM ASHAMED OF YOU. IF YOU MAKE FLUTTERSHY ACT LIKE A FLOOZIE TOO, I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

Tomato Merchant: Haven't you read economic theory? We had a tomato blight. As a result, the price per unit of output was higher.

Also, yay for Pinkie doing Loony Toons bits!

Fluttershy, no. No. You can't do this. No. You can't. You can't be flirty.

Merchant: Well, you know, if you think I'm handsome and nice, I could use a date for my brother's wedding next week.

HATE. HAAAAATE ANGEL. HATE. He'd been doing so WELL the last few appearances.

So... Equestria DOES have Junk Mail. I remember there being a debate about that a while back. Problem solved.

This is painful. This is just painful.

Yay Rocky Theme!

... only Fluttershy should be here. Ponyville is made up of jerks and selfish people. They should be at Basic Courtesy's seminar.

He pities the fool. Heh. All we need is a Chuck Norris reference and we'll have the 80s trifecta.

Huh. Hayseed Pony has a name now.

NO. FLUTTERSHY. NO. YOU KNOW BETTER. THIS IS NOT HOW ADULTS HANDLE THEIR PROBLEMS. NO.

FLY, FLUTTERSHY. JUST FLY. JUST FLY. YOU HAVE WINGS. USE TEM. YOU AREN'T SCOOTALOO. YOUR WINGS AREN'T DEFORMED.

Alternate haircut Lyra is a jerk.

Poor Carrot Top and Cherry Coke.

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO ENCOURAGE. NO. NO. STOP IT RARITY AND PINKIE PIE. NO. THIS IS BEING A JERK. SHE IS SCARING OFF YOUR CUSTOMERS. DON'T GIVE HER FREE STUFF.

Taxi? Huh. Who would've thought Ponyville would have a market for that.

Third person talking is funny. It's like Fluttershy can't act this way unless she convinces herself she's someone else.

... this may knock Fluttershy down all the way to the bottom of my Favorite Ponies ranking list. Twilight Sparkle, you may have just become #5.

Fluttershy, you enormous (EXPLETIVE DELETED). Stop being mean to Pinkie and Rarity! Stop it stop it stop it!

Is that a variant of the old Incredible Hulk "walking away theme?"

What the... we're already 17 minutes in? What the (expletive deleted) have they been wasting their time on this episode? Whaaaaaaa?

Why the hell is Iron Will there?

The whole Monster-Minotaur joke wasn't funny. At all. Ever. In the whole episode.

Pinkie is, once again, the saving grace in a bad episode.

Fluttershy, don't renege on your debts.

Good point, Fluttershy.

Shut up, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. There was no moral this episode. This was a series of events meant to be funny that weren't.

This is why I don't like season 2 overall. It feels like the characters, which were pretty consistent through season 1, are regularly knocked out of character in stupid ways. And I definitely feel the rushed complaint people had. Like I said, I was at the end of the episode and I thought "what the heck had actually happened this whole time?"

And... yeah. My feeling is now, Fluttershy's ruined. She went a whole season practically with no activity, and this ruined her. She was actually more of a jerk here than when Discord used magic to mind control her.

Congrats, Twilight. You had Lesson Zero (my old least favorite episode) to get you on my bad side, but this was worse. You've moved from #6 to #5 on the power rankings list.