New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVIII: Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

So, not to take away from the season discussion (which, ah, I kinda have to strenuously disagree with a lot of the negativity about the season, to be completely frank, but that's not what I'm here to talk about), everypony should know the real life news at the moment:

I've moved. I've moved away from my old place, to a place that's actually in the city, just down the road from where I work. It's about a 15-30ish minute bus ride, rather than a 2 1/2 hour extravaganza of horribleness, and the buses run all night. So, life should be a /little/ easier for me. ^^

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

i'm divided on mare do well

i liked the batman:tas references, and i though the whole thing was clever. but i agree the "lets teach her a lesson" thing was off.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So, not to take away from the season discussion (which, ah, I kinda have to strenuously disagree with a lot of the negativity about the season, to be completely frank, but that's not what I'm here to talk about), everypony should know the real life news at the moment:

I've moved. I've moved away from my old place, to a place that's actually in the city, just down the road from where I work. It's about a 15-30ish minute bus ride, rather than a 2 1/2 hour extravaganza of horribleness, and the buses run all night. So, life should be a /little/ easier for me. ^^
    Hey, that's excellent! I've been just waiting for your life to solidify enough for you to be able to move closer to your workplace, and I just know that's going to cut so much of the energy draining nonsense out of your day. I'm looking forward to getting to see more of your around the interwebs, and seeing you with more energy when I do.

Congratulations, Esper! =D

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Between this and the Flim-Flam brothers episode, I'm beginning to suspect that the writers don't care about economics...
    It's not easy to create a stable economy in a world of colorful ponies with magic, schizo tech, and Looney Tunes rules.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

That's all to the good, my friend... I know more than one friend of mine who was or is in a similar situation; long transit times play murder on your energy for doing anything else. So, hope things improve significantly on your end!

(I think my negativity may be a little biased, since the last two episodes I have found fairly moribund, but there you go. I think another point might be that I watched the first season, bar about the last three episodes, before posting in ponythread; so I didn't subject season one to so much analysis, and I think that also colours my perceptions a bit, since I'm not turning my brain quite so much off...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-03-04 at 06:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Also, I did like Rarity's episodes this season.
    Huh. We seem to be opposites in some regards then: Rarity's big episode of the season, Sweet and Elite, stands as my least favorite of the season other than some Crusaders episodes (and maybe Putting Your Hoof Down, not entirely sure how I compare those two at this point).

Though since everyone else is on the tack of what we've liked about season 2: Rainbow Dash has still been Best Pony this season, with May the Best Pet Win (which I seem to get a higher opinion of every time I re-watch it) and Read it and Weep being two of my favorites, and I even have a higher opinion of Mare-do-Well than many fans seem to (although not by a huge amount, for reasons I mentioned earlier). My absolute favorite of the season is still Return of Harmony though, even with the pacing issues, because Discord is just that entertaining.

Like most people I also really liked Luna Eclipsed, and hope to see more of Luna in the future. It wasn't what I would've thought a Luna episode would be, but it was very good, presenting Luna in a way that makes sense but which no fans seem to have thought of before, and I really liked the relationship she developed with Twilight. I've also liked quite a bit of the comedy-heavy episodes, including Lesson Zero and A Friend Indeed (though Baby Cakes fell flat for me in that respect sadly). I was also surprised by how much I liked Secret of My Excess and Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6k, for reasons that I really can't quite define. Thinking about them they should be episodes that I'd consider more average, but I thoroughly enjoyed them nonetheless.

I'll also give them credit on some of the things I didn't like: the Crusaders' episodes have been better this season than they were last season. Even in the worst of this season's Crusaders stuff they were never as annoying as in Stare Master or Show Stoppers, and some were even better than Call of the Cutie in my opinion. Plus, as I've said before, Family Appreciation Day is the only Crusaders episode I consider decent so far, which is quite an accomplishment considering what I think of the rest of their episodes. Maybe if they keep this up we might reach a point where I actually like them to some degree - though I'm not going to hold my breath on that just yet.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so in the eqd new episode summary post they have a few good screenshots
    Spoiler
    Show
    the first two have already been posted by others earlier

Derpy with a muffin shaped clip holding her saddlebags closed
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonbon with Lyra's cutie mark holding her saddlebags closed
    Spoiler
    Show

and Lyra again desperately wishing she had hands/fingers so she could reach her smoothie(oh, and Pipsqueak)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Orc in the Playground

I'm kinda repeating myself here Chaaat But Congratulations on the new apartment!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Edit: Was just on Ponibooru, and saw this, which made me smile (screenshot from the recent episode, not spoilery though):
    Spoiler
    Show

Derpy with a muffin bag!
    I like the episode a little more now.

Frankly, I kinda wish they'd dropped the main cast and done schooltime adventures with the CMC and the rest of Ms. Cherilee's class. They haven't made a bad episode about them this season. I don't know if it's because the new crop of writers get the kids better, or if it's a matter of who gets assigned what script, but those have been my favorites.

Which I know is heresy for some people, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'd rather rage at the writers for sidelining my beloved main 6 than rage at them for misusing them.
    *Monocle drop* I think I even agree with this actually. Frankly to me they've already done so with Twi (relatively speaking, although I can understand if you don't mind that).

And final, unrelated note, Bobcat, since giving away pictures as birthdaygifts is basicly my schtick around here, do not hesitate to let me know when yours is!

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    I'm kinda repeating myself here Chaaat But Congratulations on the new apartment!

I like the episode a little more now.

*Monocle drop* I think I even agree with this actually. Frankly to me they've already done so with Twi (relatively speaking, although I can understand if you don't mind that).

And final, unrelated note, Bobcat, since giving away pictures as birthdaygifts is basicly my schtick around here, do not hesitate to let me know when yours is!
    That's another positive I should emphasize. The artists have been great about little in jokes, and overall quality this season. I've noticed very few animation errors, and I think that aspect of the show has improved since season 1. Also, the number of faces they have to pull from has gone up (it being flash animation, once they make a great face, like Pinkie's from the front overexcited face, they have it forever).

Heh. I've never hated Twilight, I've always just liked her the least. Key difference. Though, given that Season Zero was the last episode focused on her (correct me if I'm wrong, I can't think of any), it occurs to me as a mixed bag. On the one hand, if you loved Season Zero and you want more Twilight... sorry, no more of the same! On the other hand, if you disliked Season Zero... good news, she's becoming a minor character! No more crazy Twilight!

Also, my B-Day is actually March 11, so one week from today.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-03-04 at 06:41 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Squee*

Hey that's *Phoe'd*

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hey, that's excellent! I've been just waiting for your life to solidify enough for you to be able to move closer to your workplace, and I just know that's going to cut so much of the energy draining nonsense out of your day. I'm looking forward to getting to see more of your around the interwebs, and seeing you with more energy when I do.

Congratulations, Esper! =D

I'm not going to enter this S2 debate; people have pointed out that they hate things that I adore and like things that I detest regularly enough for me to realise that there is no common ground in taste between us. Suffice to say I've loved the vast majority of S2 and think that the ratio of bad to good is almost exactly the same as S1. I also think the statement that they're ruining their worldbuilding is madness but I'm not going to get into that either.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Orc in the Playground

That's another positive I should emphasize. The artists have been great about little in jokes, and overall quality this season. I've noticed very few animation errors, and I think that aspect of the show has improved since season 1. Also, the number of faces they have to pull from has gone up (it being flash animation, once they make a great face, like Pinkie's from the front overexcited face, they have it forever).
    Agreement.

Heh. I've never hated Twilight, I've always just liked her the least. Key difference. Though, given that Season Zero was the last episode focused on her (correct me if I'm wrong, I can't think of any), it occurs to me as a mixed bag. On the one hand, if you loved Season Zero and you want more Twilight... sorry, no more of the same! On the other hand, if you disliked Season Zero... good news, she's becoming a minor character! No more crazy Twilight!
    I like Twilight when she isn't holding the idiotball, and said ball seems to come hand in hand with the spotlight. I don't want focus on her so much as her to be present.

Also, my B-Day is actually March 11, so one week from today.
    Congratulations in advance then, and make your drawrequest whenever you desire, the more specific the better. I make it too easy for myself otherwise.
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-03-04 at 06:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    Agreement.

I like Twilight when she isn't holding the idiotball, and said ball seems to come hand in hand with the spotlight. I don't want focus on her so much as her to be present.

Congratulations in advance then, and make your drawrequest whenever you desire, the more specific the better. I make it too easy for myself otherwise.
    I request a picture of Sweetie Belle dressed as a duck, saying, "Can I be a meme too?" with Scootaloo off to the side facepalming/facehoofing.

Also, I must be off. I hope I haven't spat too much venom around, and that everyone can understand why I opted to depart if this sort of thing was going to be my output. Because the degree of unhappiness and non love and tolerance expressed today would have been present after at least 5 episodes of the first 8.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-03-04 at 07:13 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Orc in the Playground

I request a picture of Sweetie Belle dressed as a duck, saying, "Can I be a meme too?" with Scootaloo off to the side facepalming/facehoofing.

Also, I must be off. I hope I haven't spat too much venom around, and that everyone can understand why I opted to depart if this sort of thing was going to be my output.
    Yes.

Yes.

Yeees.

And beside that, if you are apologizing for your behaviour here I think I should be too.

Sorry everypony, I do not intend to remain this negative.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

I am very jelly about that. It still takes me 90 minutes to get to the office from home, and I really want to find somewhere closer to the city.

The problem is I already have a mortgage, and the Sydney property market is murder, especially near the CBD.

Oh wait, pony. Um. Give me a second, I have another GREAT and POWERFUL challenge for ponythread. This time Wallpaper based, but wait till I have time to post up the rules properly.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, I must be off. I hope I haven't spat too much venom around, and that everyone can understand why I opted to depart if this sort of thing was going to be my output.
    But she's a dictionary.

Well there's a lot of interpretation on any form of media, and we know if you're having a badish time it'll be more negative. The season has some different episodes, but I believe some of the emotion of s2 is coming from expectations. They can't do something different or it'll 'not be the same' while more of the same is 'stagnation'.

But still bad pony is better than most offerings these days.

Also yay Esper
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Said it on the IRC already, but congratulations, Esper! You deserve the extra rest you'll get from this.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I must be off. I hope I haven't spat too much venom around, and that everyone can understand why I opted to depart if this sort of thing was going to be my output. Because the degree of unhappiness and non love and tolerance expressed today would have been present after at least 5 episodes of the first 8.
    No worries mate. No-one is really raging or hating, (and certainly not even you), just discussing opinions! Can't all be positive all the time, life and unlife just don't work like that. (And if we will all insist on (over?)analysing everything...!)

It's just been nice to see you around for a bit, regardless of the circumstances.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

No worries man. I'm sure everyone here can handle polite criticism of and disagreement over the show, and you've been plenty polite about expressing your opinions. That's what the "tolerance" part of love and tolerance is about.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Barbarian in the Playground

No negativity here, I've got episodes I like less, even a lot less, than others but I can't say I've ever just not enjoyed one. Every weekend I'm giddy with anticipation of the new episode.

And that is some seriously great news about your move. Damn, you had a 2.5 hour commute before? Awful. I'm so happy that you've rid yourself of that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    *Squee*
    EEEEE!

Ok, now I need confirmation that that is actually a lyre. Everything points to it (looks like one, Derpy had a muffin bag) but I have this condition where I don't want to believe awesome things like this. I need to rewatch the episode in the high quality video to see if I can make it out.

Take care Bobcat. It was great seeing you again.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

20. - Top - End - #1400

On the (currant positive topic), I am torn between Lesson Zero and, well, Return to Harmony. I realy cannot choose between !!Crazy!! Twilight and, well, the enertaining (hint; Only) Draconequies I have ever seen.

EDIT: Holy crap, when was I a Ogre!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-04 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    (I think my negativity may be a little biased, since the last two episodes I have found fairly moribund, but there you go. I think another point might be that I watched the first season, bar about the last three episodes, before posting in ponythread; so I didn't subject season one to so much analysis, and I think that also colours my perceptions a bit, since I'm not turning my brain quite so much off...)
    That seems entirely possible. Infact, it's one of the reasons why I avoid any "Favourite Episode/Pony discussions for the most part, analysing things too deeply on a regular basis becomes habit forming. With shows like this, I have no interest in forming those habits, so I just enjoy them instead. Consequently, there's very few episodes I'm less positive on. (Infact, it's pretty much just two. I wasn't very fond of the Owl for some reason and the Buffalos in over a barrel were, to me, entirely to blame).

I take the same mental approach to most series I like, really. Especially the Dr Who related ones.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Colossus in the Playground

I am now the first author to get two entries in the Pony Fiction Vault. Go me!

Also, Esperderek. Congrats Esper!

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dammit Thanqol! Stop mentioning Yours Truly, just remembering it gets me all teary eyed

But really, great job. I liked your's and Esperderek's interviews on there too.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice work, both of you!

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

Well... damn. That was amazing. Here I thought I'd never care for shipfic, but you wrote all the characters so well (Fluttershy feels a little bit off, I think) it nearly brought tears to my eyes.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

I'm glad I dropped out of our pony competition death match, or else I'd be jealous.

... what's a pony fiction vault?

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

There's a few episodes i never got around to seeing (Family Appreciation Day in particular sticks out in my head) but Mare-do-well was the only one i purposely never finished, because I found it physically painful to even try and sit through.

( Rainbow Dash has a fan-club in the first five minutes. Tried scanning past that scene. She's still being showered with fangasms. What. the. FRICK?! [and from what i've heard i didn't miss anything])

Of the ones I've seen... honestly I never really picked out a favorite episode. Just a favorite character.

Twilight is best pony!

...Then Discord. Then AJ. Then everypony else ties for fourth.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-03-04 at 11:00 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1408

Apropos of nothing, have we seen or heard from Cloudsdale since Discord maybe-destroyed it in the Season 2 pilot? Because I'm starting to get a little worried...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

29. - Top - End - #1409

They're still building the statue to Dash who went in and saved the place.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    They're still building the statue to Dash who went in and saved the place.
    Out of pieces of the new orphanage. Dash insisted on a statue, and noone told her what those clouds are for.

Simpsons paraphrase

"That's a nice statue, Dash! Where did you get the clouds?"
    "Stole a couple of them from a construction site in Cloudsdale."

ELSEWHERE

"Forepony, we've had three clouds stolen."
    "Then there shall be no filly's hospital. Curse our tight budget! Tell all the workers to go home."
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-03-04 at 11:22 PM.