New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Ude

Ude is... Ude looks about, trying to figure out where exactly he is. He very quickly realizes he is in Masaru's place. More specifically, Masaru's entryway. He wasn't sure just how he got here, but it certianly looks like he didn't do it by much.

"...headache."

Ude begins rooting through Masaru's food supplies for some more Sake... just to take the edge off his headache.
    [Masaru's Quarters]

Ude is likely still rooting around a couple minutes later when Masaru walks in.

"Anything I can help you find, Ude?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

[Masaru's Quarters]

"Some Sake."

Ude appears to think for a moment, before continuing.

"Also, breakfast."

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Masaru's Quarters]

"Some Sake."

Ude appears to think for a moment, before continuing.

"Also, breakfast."
    Masaru sighed and shook his head.

He walked over to one of the cabinets that Ude had already checked (the door standing open was a big clue). After fiddling with something in the back, he extracted a fairly small bottle of sake.

"Sake."

He then pointed to one end of the small kitchen area, where a refrigerator stood.

"Food."

He then stood there with his arms crossed, one eyebrow quirked.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Masaru sighed and shook his head.

He walked over to one of the cabinets that Ude had already checked (the door standing open was a big clue). After fiddling with something in the back, he extracted a fairly small bottle of sake.

"Sake."

He then pointed to one end of the small kitchen area, where a refrigerator stood.

"Food."

He then stood there with his arms crossed, one eyebrow quirked.
    Ude follows Masaru's gestures, taking the Bottle of Sake, and then sticks his head into Masaru's fridge, coming out with... a bowl of noodles.

"There we go. I guess I should go get to started. I'll return your bowl sometime..."

Ude says, heading for Masaru's door. He has a very full day of napping, avoiding work, and flirting (and failing) with pretty girls ahead of him, and he needed to get started right away.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko smiles, and waits for her husband to wake up, while listening to his breathing.
    Taiki rolls off the bed onto the ground, but remains asleep. Chances are he's not waking up for a while.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ude follows Masaru's gestures, taking the Bottle of Sake, and then sticks his head into Masaru's fridge, coming out with... a bowl of noodles.

"There we go. I guess I should go get to started. I'll return your bowl sometime..."

Ude says, heading for Masaru's door. He has a very full day of napping, avoiding work, and flirting (and failing) with pretty girls ahead of him, and he needed to get started right away.
    [Masaru's Quarters, then Office]

Masaru shook his head and waited until Ude had left.

He then walked back to his office and sat down.

He was still waiting on that messenger...

Edit: Finally, the messenger from the 5th arrived. He was one of the Seated Officers, per Masaru's request.

"Please deliver these to the other 11 Captains, the Vice-Captain of the 6th Division, and the Commander of the Kido Corps. All due haste, if you please."

The messenger nodded, then blurred away.

Contents of the message:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a notice to all Captains, or appropriate commanding officers of all Divisions. The next 2 months of training exercises scheduled with and through the 8th Division are canceled, barring specific request by other Divisions. This lets all commanding officers free up time and schedule to not have to deal with said exercises. After 2 months, we will be engaging in a reduced scheduled for another 2 months. I will be researching how to make such breaks a regular part of our training rotation.
    -Captain Nakamura Masaru of the 8th Division

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki rolls off the bed onto the ground, but remains asleep. Chances are he's not waking up for a while.
    Natsuko, in that case, just lies there for a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Forgive my rash supposition. I'll see to it that your kit is returned to its usual place under your nightstand." Says Yuuta as he glances down at the aforementioned bucket and jug hanging from the hilt of his sheathed zanpakto. "No matter. To answer your question: yes. All personal effects, and items of import, have been relocated as per your instructions. If I may be so bold, sir, may I inquire as to the size of your glass this evening?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Firbolg in the Playground

"No drinking tonight. Call the Corp to the meeting hall Yuuta...and prepare my pipe. Thank you."

Takeshi pats the large man on the lower arm, smiling brightly.

"Tell them its very important, and that the very fate of the Kido Corp rests on them attending. You know how they can be."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

10. - Top - End - #520

"Very good, sir." The massive VC respectfully bows his head before departing to accomplish his task.

A brisk stroll away from Takeshi results in Yuuta standing just outside the living quarters of the Kido Corps. While remaining deadpan in expression, he adopts a "drill sergeant" mode of speech as his voice abruptly booms through the dorms as though projected through a weapons-grade speaker. "Get your lethargic hides to the meeting hall five minutes ago people! Our asses are on the line! Move! Move! MOVE!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

11. - Top - End - #521

Takeshi sighs softly, taking another haggard shunpo to the meeting hall before stumbling to the center, awaiting the mass influx of people. No doubt Yuuta drumed them up in his usual fashion. He leaned on his sword, panting weakly as he tries to compose himself.

"Chōchin...why do you have to punish me huh? Look around and see all these people talking to me like I'm some sorta big shot. Always respectful and "Yes Commander" or "No Commander" or even "Right away sir". You may like the idea of me in such a position...but really, its just a drag ya...Settle down for the night, and I'll sleep with you when we go home. Yes, and smoke with you as well. I even have the bottle of wine, we'll share it."
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kiku let go of Sayuri, feigning hurt she said, "Sayuri-chan, that's mean. You're ashamed of me? 'sides, nobody'll recognize me cuz my hair looks like yours, see?" she points to the bun on top of her head. Keeping her hands to herself this time, she giggled, "That guy had a snazzy outfit, how come you didn't tell me about him?" something in her expression told Sayuri she already knew who it was though.
    [Restaurant, Past Night]

"No! You're getting it all wrong!", Sayuri sputters, flustered. "I wasn't dating him! It was just a chance encounter! And he left me like..."

"Oh? Where did the young master go?", the waitress asks from beside the two, looking after Takeshi with a puzzled look on her face. She then turns to Sayuri and hands her a silver tray with the bill on it. "I hope you enjoyed your meal. Here's your check."

Sayuri turns, and stands frozen for a moment, staring at the girl. Then, a polite smile creeps on her face. "I'm sorry, could you please forward that to Kido Commander Kitano Takeshi? He promised to pay when we came here", she says with a high pitched voice, seething with such malice the waitress takes a step back.

"Um... I'm afraid we don't..."

"You see, Takeshi-kun promised to pay, but urgent matters caused him to leave a bit early. It'd be rude of me to scorn his chivalrous manners. I hope you understand."

The waitress understands, all right - she's seen the bill. She instinctively lifts the tray before her face, as if to shield herself from Sayuri's gaze. She has a firm feeling the Vice-Captain's logic would better be left uncontested right now. Why do I always get difficult customers?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [1st Division]

Ryouichi sits down at his desk, still rubbing his temple tenderly. He idly summons up a hell butterfly, and sends a short message to his vice-captain.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ohayou, Sayuri-chan. Care to come in my office and refresh me on what needs to be taken care of? ...and bring a box of the popsicles."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryouichi has a stash of popsicles for hangovers at all times.

[1st Division, morning]

Soon enough, Sayuri tip-toes to the office, carrying a box of popsicles. There's a hint of red in her eyes and her hair is not quite as well-kept as normally. "Here you go, Tsukada-taichou", she chirps with a weary voice, bowing after handing the box to her superior.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-22 at 12:02 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko, in that case, just lies there for a while.
    Taiki groans almost an hours later and lifts himself up. He looks over at Natsuko. "Hmm. Is it late?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Captain Emet, I am afraid we did not get a moment to speak at the Captain's meeting. I am informed you and your Division oversee the construction of Soul Society. I would like to hire you to come into the Kido Corp, and tear it all down save for the temples and the housing units. I have blue prints for the re-construction. Please answer as swiftly as possible.
    Emet receives the Kido Commander's butterfly and listens to it carefully before sending a reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    "This being will be happy to mobilise the 7th Division for that purpose. However, the current seki-seki quarry is nearly depleted. This being would ask for your patience until a new quarry can be located."

As he sends the butterfly back...

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Fully aware of the noise this makes, he sits down at his desk and begins sorting it when he notices something. Very quickly shuffling it away for later, he heads to the Captain's office, knocking on the door.

"Captain?"
    "3rd Seat Hideyaki? This being welcomes you to come in."
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-06-22 at 05:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki groans almost an hours later and lifts himself up. He looks over at Natsuko. "Hmm. Is it late?"
    "A little, yeah. But it's understandable."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #526

Takeshi frowns slightly as the hell butterfly flaps before his face. A damper in his plans to be sure, but nothing major or harmfull to the overall set up. He closes his eyes, hoping there was still a little time before the Division rushed in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your co-opertion Captain Emet. We shall give you as many resources as you require, including any sekiseki stone you can salvage from the builds. We shall work around the clock with you to locate another quarry, as well as in the building effort. I shall send the blueprints to you as swiftly as I can.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #527
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kido Grounds Meeting Hall]

The sound of wheels rolling precedes Megane before he skates into the room. He sets his feet down abruptly to stop the forward momentum, taking a few steps afterward to settle. Glancing around the hall, his brows furrow, a look of vague disdain crossing his face.

"Where is everyone?"

He places his hands on his hips, moving slowly further into the hall.

"Am I really the first one? What slackers..."

He huffs quietly to himself.

18. - Top - End - #528

Takeshi perks up from his thoughts as the first of the Kido Corp start trickling in.

"Not the first exactly, no. But what sort of leader would I be if I wasn't first to my own meeting!"

He leaps down from the small stage, striding towards the small man with a bright laugh.

"Yuuta is quite effective Junior Member. You'll forgive me if I don't know your name, three hundred some odd people...it tends to get confusing! Please take a seat where ever you wish, we'll be starting when the rest of the slackers show up."
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

Megane eyes Takeshi over appraisingly.

"Yeah well, if you hadn't been here first then I would have called you more than a slacker. But I didn't expect to be the first out of the rest of 'em. And it's Megane Sihr,"

He shrugs a little, inclining his head before moving past to take a seat in the front.
    Last edited by Da Mongoose; 2010-06-22 at 07:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #530

Takeshi perks a brow, smiling broader as he makes his way back up onto the stage as more members of the Kido Corp start trickling in.

"This is going to be fun."
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground

Naruhi - 9th Division Grounds

Naruhi stood laboriously from her desk, wincing as her cramped joints popped noisily, and limped over to the small, curtained window. Leaning her weight on her right crutch for balance, she pulled aside the window shade. The sight that met her eyes was that of harsh morning light filtering through the dusty glass. Had she really been working for that long? A glance in the direction of her desk, which revealed that nearly two-thirds of the mountainous pile of paperwork had been completed, confirmed her fears.

... I officially loathe my life...
    the severely injured Shinigami thought despondently. She could hardly believe that she had just spent an entire night doggedly pursuing that arduous task that was paperwork. She wondered whether it had been some temporary fit of fevered insanity brought about by the wounds she had received as a result of a rogue Gillian attack. A huge yawn escaped her lips, the movement sending twinges of pain through her bandaged ribcage, forehead and nose. She had gone for upwards of thirty hours without sleep by this point, not including the few hours that had been spent unconscious in the healer's ward of the 4th Division.

Glancing down at the toe of the cast that protruded from her hakama, and then back at her desk, Naruhi gave a string of loud and vulgar curses, most of which seemed to be vituperating every Hollow that had ever and would ever exist.

After a few moments of this ranting, the diminutive soul reaper resettled her weight on her crutches and began her slow, painful limp through the maze of hallways of the 9th Division that led towards the training grounds. It frustrated her to no end that she was so badly incapacitated - Her eyes flickered impatiently, with no small measure of anger burning within their hazel centers. She grit her teeth to suppress both her pain and her desire to scream, which was growing stronger with each moment. Training would help, she hoped, though it irked her that the only thing which she would be able to practice was the slow, tiresome and imprecise art of Kido. Still, it was better than nothing.

When she finally reached the training grounds, Naruhi made her way over to the target range. Swaying slightly on her crutches from injury- and work-induced fatigue, she shifted her weight so that her left hand was free to cast, and pointed her index finger at a simple, static target only a few meters away.

"Hado Number Four: Byakurai!" She snapped.

An arc of lightning leapt from the tip of her finger to connect solidly with the target, causing it to shatter. Pointing her finger towards another target, slightly farther away, she spoke again.

"Byakurai!"

The target shattered much as the first had, though the lightning seemed to waver slightly as it was cast. Naruhi destroyed seven more targets in this same, systematic fashion, taking out her frustration in the only way that she could given her incapacitated state. A few beads of sweat appeared on her face with each exertion. When she came to the tenth target, however, the arc lightning fizzled, giving out with an unspectacular flicker halfway to its destination.

"Dammit! BYAKURAI!"

She practically screamed the word, her dampened frustrations rushing back to her in an instant. The lightning again surged from her fingertip. This time, powered by the additional spiritual energy that she had allowed to slip through her control in her fit of temper, the yellow energy connected solidly with the target, blowing it to smithereens, and continued, unabated, to connect with the stone wall that surrounded the training grounds. A fist-sized dent was blown into the wall as the lightning struck, and splinters of stone were sent flying high into the still morning air.

Naruhi slumped forward in exhaustion. Only her crutches prevented her from collapsing. A smug smile appeared on her pale rose-colored lips, but there was a flicker of unease in her eyes. She was in no condition for a swift exit, and the consequences for destroying Gotei 13 property as she had just blatantly done were not something she wanted to experience firsthand. Her eyelids fluttered, and she bit her lip to remain awake, her thoughts slipping into a state of fogged confusion and mild irrationality. I should leave, as in now, but maybe just a few more? She had enough energy for at least a couple more Hado, and she usually trained until she was completely depleted of energy, or unconscious.

She looked over to the next target in the row, and raised her trembling hand to point her index finger at its center. Why not? She gave a lopsided shrug, her lips parting to mouth the trigger word yet again.

Ah, the joys of Kido training.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

[1st Division]

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [1st Division, morning]

Soon enough, Sayuri tip-toes to the office, carrying a box of popsicles. There's a hint of red in her eyes and her hair is not quite as well-kept as normally. "Here you go, Tsukada-taichou", she chirps with a weary voice, bowing after handing the box to her superior.
    Ryouichi raises an eyebrow in reaction to Sayuri's state. However, the most important thing to take care of now was...

He opens the box without much ceremony, taking out the twin connected pops and snapping them apart; in a matter of moments he has the wrapper of a purple one torn off, and he sticks it in his mouth. Mmm... first grape of the day.

He idly offers the other pop, a red (cherry), to Sayuri.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #533

Yuuta looms outside one of the entryways as the rattled masses hustle into the hall. All available personnel will have taken their seats before Yuuta himself moves to silently resume his place at his Commander's side.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534

Takeshi shakes his head as the rest of the Kido Corp make their way in, patting Yuuta on the lower arm again.

"Yuuta-kun, Yuuta-kun, you sure know how to speed them along. Why can't you be a little more assertive with me huh? I'm not that scary am I? Surely you can loosen up a little now and again?"

He smiles brightly, turning to the hustle and bustle.

"Would you quite them down though Yuuta-kun?"
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [1st Division]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ryouichi raises an eyebrow in reaction to Sayuri's state. However, the most important thing to take care of now was...

He opens the box without much ceremony, taking out the twin connected pops and snapping them apart; in a matter of moments he has the wrapper of a purple one torn off, and he sticks it in his mouth. Mmm... first grape of the day.

He idly offers the other pop, a red (cherry), to Sayuri.
    Sayuri gives the popsicle a disdainful stare - it is a wonder it doesn't melt away under her gaze. Then, she snatches it from Ryouichi with a deft motion. "My sincere thanks, Tsukada-taichou", she says and bows, before absent-mindedly sticking the sweet to her mouth. She turns to leave.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Not as tight as the security in the Seireitei, but you must remember, the Onmitsukidō is a stealth force. The true security of the Soul Society is up to the entire Gotei 13.
    "True, true..." Sigint then shrugs and lays his left hand to rest on the odd sword by his side in a non-threatening manner. "Well, I'm not going to put too much emphasis on this hunch. Afterall, it wouldn't do to get demoted due to mental illness would it?" He tilts his head in a questioning matter. "Anyways, I'll see if I can't suggest something. If only the Captain's Meeting had come later..." He trails off, his last words more at a mumble.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

[1st Division]

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Sayuri gives the popsicle a disdainful stare - it is a wonder it doesn't melt away under her gaze. Then, she snatches it from Ryouichi with a deft motion. "My sincere thanks, Tsukada-taichou", she says and bows, before absent-mindedly sticking the sweet to her mouth. She turns to leave.
    Ryouichi pulls the popsicle out of his mouth quickly. "Hold on, now, Sayuri-chan. Care to sit down? Relax, maybe? It looks as if you had a rough night." He holds an arm out to the opposite side of his desk.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #538

Takeshi shakes his head as the rest of the Kido Corp make their way in, patting Yuuta on the lower arm again.

"Yuuta-kun, Yuuta-kun, you sure know how to speed them along. Why can't you be a little more assertive with me huh? I'm not that scary am I? Surely you can loosen up a little now and again?"

He smiles brightly, turning to the hustle and bustle.

"Would you quite them down though Yuuta-kun?"
    Yuuta's face betrays a moment of confusion when assertive behavior is suggested. "As you wish, sir." With that brief response, Yuuta cups his hands over Takeshi's ears uninvited (how utterly scandalous), inhales deeply, and roars. "QUIET!"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "True, true..." Sigint then shrugs and lays his left hand to rest on the odd sword by his side in a non-threatening manner. "Well, I'm not going to put too much emphasis on this hunch. Afterall, it wouldn't do to get demoted due to mental illness would it?" He tilts his head in a questioning matter. "Anyways, I'll see if I can't suggest something. If only the Captain's Meeting had come later..." He trails off, his last words more at a mumble.
    Kyasarin nods.
    Well I can feel the Captain coming, probably to check up on me. I'll see you later Sigint.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

30. - Top - End - #540
    Halfling in the Playground

Yuuki, almost on cue, appears suddenly in front of Kyasarin. He waved slightly. Good morning! He announced cheerfully.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!