New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Are the Quincy a race/type of being? Or are they based on their abilities?

Are the new mooks maybe half-quincy?
    It has generally been used to refer to a specific group of hollow hunting humans in the manga. So I would say its likely both race and ability set.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    As regards Captain Genocide, I don't think we can take that nickname to mean anything at all about the character, since as far as I'm aware it is a fan nickname.
    Well, obviously I wasn't arguing it was canon. Anyway, let's not have that conversation again. We just had it.

I wonder why they call Ichigo a special weapon. Who are the other 4?

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Well, obviously I wasn't arguing it was canon. Anyway, let's not have that conversation again. We just had it.

I wonder why they call Ichigo a special weapon. Who are the other 4?
    Kenpachi, Toshiro, Isshin, and Unohana.

edit: And the big bad is secretly Uryu's uncle and Uryu is going to switch sides at some point in the manga, only to reveal he only switched sides just to gain more power.
    Last edited by Turalisj; 2012-04-29 at 03:46 PM.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Kenpachi, Toshiro, Isshin, and Unohana.
    Any reasoning behind that?

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Kenpachi is a force of nature, pure power. Toshiro is a prodigy, becoming a captain at such a young age. Isshin is a former captain that we haven't seen too much of and still don't know why exactly he left soul society. And Unohana is a captain that is supposedly the most badass of all, but we haven't seen her fight yet.

And it's who I would pick.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

I assumed the other 4 were others unaffiliated with Soul Society, maybe someone from Ichigo's gang or Urahura's group, maybe someone we haven't met yet, maybe Isshin and/or Ryuuken?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Any reasoning behind that?
    Isshin, like Ichigo, is a powerful Shinigami who does not live in and is not bound by Soul Society's rules and command structure. Unohana has impressive healing capacities, which makes her a person of interest regardless of her (implied to be great) personal combat abilities. Hitsugaya and Kenpachi are known to be somewhat rogue elements within Soul Society (especially Kenpachi), and both are very powerful and worth keeping an eye on their locations- you don't want to launch your invasion headfirst into Kenpachi.

That said, I feel like the 'special weapons' are probably more characters like Ichigo and Isshin rather than the Soul Society captains; while you certainly want to know about the whereabouts of people like Kenpachi and Unohana, the Soul Society Captains are basically known quantities- if you attack Soul Society, they're going to be there in defense. They're already planned for. The fact that the Vandenreich moved up their invasion plan on notice that one of the 'special weapons' was somewhere he couldn't quickly interfere suggests that the 'special weapons' are people who aren't that predictable, characters whose first loyalties aren't necessarily to the defense of Soul Society.. so.. Ichigo, Isshin, Urahara, Ryuken? Those characters who may or may not decide to interfere with you at any given time, and who will make a very quick mess of your plans if they show up before you're expecting them to.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Wouldn't it just be Ichigo's gang? Ichigo, Chad, Orihime, Ishida, and Rukia are a five man set.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

On the special weapons I'd probably count Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi as at least three considering what they have done in the past. Who the last one is I'm not sure, if only because we haven't really had a chance to see what Ryuken can do.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Wouldn't it just be Ichigo's gang? Ichigo, Chad, Orihime, Ishida, and Rukia are a five man set.
    I could maybe see Ishida, Chad, and Orihime since they are not affiliated with SS. I can't really see any argument for including Rukia though.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking it would be those immune to loss of bankai, now I suck.

So, Ichigo, Kenpachi, Isshin?, and one more?

Do you think one of the four will be a new character? Or will this arc focus of affirming previously added characters?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

12. - Top - End - #672
    Banned

It wouldn't surprise me if Aizen was one. We've got to reintroduce him somehow.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

It wouldn't surprise me if Aizen was one. We've got to reintroduce him somehow.
    Ewww, No thank you
    He's gone, let's leave him gone.

Also, will we get an appearance by the Soul King?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    This would require that somebody actually cared about Chad and Orihime as anything beyond a way to manipulate Ichigo, so that's obviously incorrect. More seriously, they only referred to one of the 'special weapons', Ichigo, but Chad and Orihime followed him to Hueco Mundo. If they were part of that grouping, you'd think they would have been counted.

Ishida may be one of them, just because the whole Quincy thing suggests that this should at least be partly his arc, but he'll probably turn out to be about as important to this story as Chad was to the Fullbringers.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ewww, No thank you
    He's gone, let's leave him gone.

Also, will we get an appearance by the Soul King?
    Gone? um, he is merely in Muken for a few thousand years. Obviously he is going to get out. That or Kubo is planning on a spin off series after bleach,
    Detergent: The Saga of Aizen.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    This would require that somebody actually cared about Chad and Orihime as anything beyond a way to manipulate Ichigo, so that's obviously incorrect. More seriously, they only referred to one of the 'special weapons', Ichigo, but Chad and Orihime followed him to Hueco Mundo. If they were part of that grouping, you'd think they would have been counted.

Ishida may be one of them, just because the whole Quincy thing suggests that this should at least be partly his arc, but he'll probably turn out to be about as important to this story as Chad was to the Fullbringers.
    From what I can tell, the Vandenreich is only made aware that Ichigo is there when he engaged the Current Opponent. The fact that others, including Urahara, are there wasn't relayed (probably at least partially because they haven't joined the fight yet).

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    Gone? um, he is merely in Muken for a few thousand years. Obviously he is going to get out. That or Kubo is planning on a spin off series after bleach,
    Detergent: The Saga of Aizen.
    Greatest spinoff of all time! "Since when did you believe I wasn't planning a spinoff?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    That's not fair: Chad was pretty instrumental in that arc. His mind-rewriting abilities were the key of it, and besides, the moment he trolled Ichigo was pure gold.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Greatest spinoff of all time! "Since when did you believe I wasn't planning a spinoff?"
    "Since when did you believe I wasn't going to become the star of an ecchi harem series?"
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking it would be those immune to loss of bankai, now I suck.

So, Ichigo, Kenpachi, Isshin?, and one more?

Do you think one of the four will be a new character? Or will this arc focus of affirming previously added characters?
    WEll, i would pick my 'special weapons' with tactical advantge: 1- Ichigo, he's a powerhouse by the book, on top of that, his powers feel slightly at home in any of the 3 worlds (ss, real world and HM), he has a nice ntwork of helpful people (SS Gotei, Urahara, his dad Isshin, and his band of varied performers), and as the protagonist he has some plot armor. 2- Isshin, nobody knows anything about him, he's as free as a bird to go where he wants to, 3- Urahara, he had major tactical skills, is quite the chessmaster, 4- Yorouichi, in invasions speed is quintessential, someone able to counter speed with more speed is good to have, that said she is great at infiltrating and doesn't have her brain in a jar somehwere. She is also quite perceptive. 5- now this one could be anything, Orihime has been used as a plot device too often, so I will disregard her for now, but guessing from hte current plot, I'm thinking Ishida, fighting fire with fire has been a major theme...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    "Since when did you believe I wasn't going to become the star of an ecchi harem series?"
    "Since when did you believe I was going to spam since when did you believe memes"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I would read this. I would read the hell out of this.
    Truth resists simplicity.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

In some translations, Ichigo was called one of five "special war potentials". Which, to me, implies that the five people are not affiliated with the Gotei 13 yet would cause significant issues should they become involved.

So I'd go for Ichigo, Urahara, Isshin, Tessai and Yoruichi. Five Shinigami of indeterminate strength, yet potentially more of a threat than the Gotei 13 itself. Ichigo, especially, would be of paramount importance - he may have lost the power he had a year and a half ago, but his rate of growth is exponentially fast. The Vandenreich would be silly to give him an excuse to regain that power.

Ryuken and Uryu are Quincy, thus the Vandenreich wouldn't single out their own. They'd prefer to recruit them, obviously. Aizen won't be one of the five, either, since the Vandenreich would have seen him lose to Ichigo, lose all his power and then become imprisoned - in other words, the Vandenreich doesn't see him as a threat anymore.

So those are the five, I believe. The Stern Ritter would likely have significant difficulties fighting those five compared to the Gotei 13 (of whom only three are a comparable threat, yet Buckbeard can handle Yamamoto and leave Kyoraku and Unohana to the seven Stern Ritter). I'd assume the Stern Ritter would be incapable of taking on Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin and Tessai together.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2012-05-03 at 08:24 AM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Seeïng how Isshin, urahara and Yoruichi almost took down a plot armored 75% powered up Aizen, they are a terrifying bunch... Those 3 would definately take part in the 5 specials...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Seeïng how Isshin, urahara and Yoruichi almost took down a plot armored 75% powered up Aizen, they are a terrifying bunch... Those 3 would definately take part in the 5 specials...
    Especially if we ever get to see their bankai, or hell even Isshin and Yoruichi's shikai (I wager not at this point, unless Isshin's is just the same as Ichigo's.)

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

hell, we haven't even seen Yoruichi's shikai yet... If Kubo is going to show that, it better be soemthing focusing on speed and assasinations... though her shunpo should be adequate...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    hell, we haven't even seen Yoruichi's shikai yet... If Kubo is going to show that, it better be soemthing focusing on speed and assasinations... though her shunpo should be adequate...
    Nah, knowing Kubo it'll be a bazooka which screams "LOOK OUT!" at whatever it's fired at.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

I'm quite curious about the Quincy Vollständig. I don't think the Vandenreich would so freely use their Letz Stil, so there must be something about how they perform it that doesn't rob them of their power afterwards. Maybe a new kind of Sanrei Glove? Either way, Ichigo shouldn't need his Bankai for this. He'll still use it, though.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, is the technique the Vandenreich guy used the same as Ishida's final form? Because when Ishida used that he went from maybe Lieutenant strength to completely overpowering a Captain of the Gotei 13. Even if what's his face was one of the weaker Captains (he almost certainly was) this wasn't just a "barely scraped by" victory, Ishida completely dominated that fight. If the Vandenreich can do that without sacrificing their powers like Ishida had to Soul Society is in serious trouble.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Wait, is the technique the Vandenreich guy used the same as Ishida's final form? Because when Ishida used that he went from maybe Lieutenant strength to completely overpowering a Captain of the Gotei 13. Even if what's his face was one of the weaker Captains (he almost certainly was) this wasn't just a "barely scraped by" victory, Ishida completely dominated that fight. If the Vandenreich can do that without sacrificing their powers like Ishida had to Soul Society is in serious trouble.
    or maybe they do have to sacrifice their powers and this guy is just willing to go that far since ichigo is one of the uber-elites of SS.

wait, that can't be it. it would be smart and logical.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever: