New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Demotivators Episode VII: BigHugeLabs STILL Doesn't Store Images

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNPC View Post
    Here's one, fresh made.

Spoiler
    Show

It's the new dice set my wife just got. The D20 decided to get uppity. On here she's Sha'uri.
    I'm so sad that my group and I have never done that! Well, that new tradition begins this Thursday!
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Demotivators Episode VII: BigHugeLabs STILL Doesn't Store Images

Here's one, fresh made.

Spoiler
    Show

It's the new dice set my wife just got. The D20 decided to get uppity. On here she's Sha'uri.
    I discipline my dice by putting the poorly-performing ones in the freezer overnight. So they can think about what they've done.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know if that's hilarious or mean. Maybe both.

Oh, mind if I make that a demotivator? I owe tax

4. - Top - End - #394

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    I don't know if that's hilarious or mean. Maybe both.

Oh, mind if I make that a demotivator? I owe tax
    Go ahead, I don't mind.
    I should try to come up with a demotivator too, I owe a lot of tax...
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Freezing them seems rather lenient. We torch habitual failures in my group.

6. - Top - End - #396

Can I get you to quote Admiral Squish and then let me use that to make another demotivator?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Here's one, fresh made.

Spoiler
    Show

Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

I just don't know why I didn't think to make the dunce cap sooner. What really sucks is that I seriously just bought that set of pink/black dice and two days later the d20 was already giving me horrible rolls
    Melissa Sasina
    Fantasy Author
    www.melissasasina.com/

Check out my art at www.shiovra.deviantart.com

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I discipline my dice by putting the poorly-performing ones in the freezer overnight. So they can think about what they've done.
    In a similar vein, I once had a d20 that rolled nothing above a 9. One night, after about twenty minutes of absently rolling it, I looked at it and said, "I will give you one more roll, if it isn't above a ten I am throwing you away." It came up as a 1. I stood up, grabbed a ceramic bowl and some rubbing alcohol, put the d20 and some alcohol in the bowl, put the rest of my dice in a circle around the bowl, and lit the d20 on fire. After it melted, I picked up its charred remains and held it aloft so the rest of my dice could see what happens when you displease me. For the rest of the night they all rolled above half.

Dice may be inanimate objects, but they do know fear.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    You're the Stalin of dice!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    The freezer? Psh. I use the microwave.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    The freezer? Psh. I use the microwave.
    So the good news is if you put the die with the 1 facing down (d10s are complicated, since whether the highest outcome is 10 or 9 changes based on the system) and flash-heat it in the microwave, most plastic dies have just enough of their weight shifted downwards that they are more likely to come up as the highest number on the die. But woe betide you if you use such a die in a low-roll system like GURPS.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2013-07-17 at 06:05 AM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #402

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    So the good news is if you put the die with the 1 facing down (d10s are complicated, since whether the highest outcome is 10 or 9 changes based on the system) and flash-heat it in the microwave, most plastic dies have just enough of their weight shifted downwards that they are more likely to come up as 20. But woe betide you if you use such a die in a low-roll system like GURPS.
    Wait, people actually play GURPS?

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    So the good news is if you put the die with the 1 facing down (d10s are complicated, since whether the highest outcome is 10 or 9 changes based on the system) and flash-heat it in the microwave, most plastic dies have just enough of their weight shifted downwards that they are more likely to come up as 20. But woe betide you if you use such a die in a low-roll system like GURPS.
    That's why one should have different sets of dice for different systems.

Most of the Chaosium systems work for that too, and I know at least some people play RuneQuest and CoC.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #404

Hmmm...

*scribbles notes*
    Exactly how long would you say is long enough to deform one's dice properly?
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    In a similar vein, I once had a d20 that rolled nothing above a 9. One night, after about twenty minutes of absently rolling it, I looked at it and said, "I will give you one more roll, if it isn't above a ten I am throwing you away." It came up as a 1. I stood up, grabbed a ceramic bowl and some rubbing alcohol, put the d20 and some alcohol in the bowl, put the rest of my dice in a circle around the bowl, and lit the d20 on fire. After it melted, I picked up its charred remains and held it aloft so the rest of my dice could see what happens when you displease me. For the rest of the night they all rolled above half.

Dice may be inanimate objects, but they do know fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Colossus in the Playground

Nah. I had a friend who's the real Stalin of dice. He threw his dice out into the snow and then acted as if nothing ever happened.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Nah. I had a friend who's the real Stalin of dice. He threw his dice out into the snow and then acted as if nothing ever happened.
    If I had the necessary materials, the miscreant D20 might reconsider crit. failing me when I give it a bath...(wait for it)....... OF DRY ICE! *lightning flashes in background, someone kicks a puppy, a baby cries, M. Night Shamalayan writes another Avatar movie, Etc.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #408

We once melted a die in the physics lab. With a laser.

19. - Top - End - #409

Now i want a railgun (yes they built one) for diceimation.
    Come on, who hasn't wanted to obliterate something by sending a piece of metal going Mach 3 through it?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-07-17 at 03:47 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

20. - Top - End - #410

Haha, this is good. Can I sig this?
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Come on, who hasn't wanted to obliterate something by sending a piece of metal going Mach 3 through it?

Hm. I know at least one person who uses metallic dice. You could fire them from the railgun.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sha'uri View Post
    I just don't know why I didn't think to make the dunce cap sooner. What really sucks is that I seriously just bought that set of pink/black dice and two days later the d20 was already giving me horrible rolls
    I have those! I love them~! They are in my tiny dice bag with the straight pink pearlescents.

Also, y'all are mean!
    I scribbled a thaumaturgical diagram in colored inks on a board and recharge my failing dice with positive energies.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    Haha, this is good. Can I sig this?
    Go ahead, if you're that proud of it. I'm a little freaked out, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The problem is you would need a d2 to find out which dice will live. What if those fail you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    In case someone does not get the reference see Spartacus: War of the Damned Episode 4

25. - Top - End - #415

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    The problem is you would need a d2 to find out which dice will live. What if those fail you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    In case someone does not get the reference see Spartacus: War of the Damned Episode 4
    Easy! Threaten to blow it up too if it doesn't land well. They're right: dice know fear.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-07-17 at 09:11 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Please. Real men (or real rocket scientists, at least) play HERO.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to play Hero.

I mean, it helps, but strictly speaking, it isn't necessary.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

HERO (or at least HERO FRED) had a chargen program that did all the maths for you.

I miss playing HERO. Had some great moments. Including playing a wisecracking ex-Wu Xia actor turned hero who eventually got nuked by Doc Destroyer himself.
    Persona: Gotta Summon Em All

The cake is not a lie. It's a funeral cake, for your funeral.
    "You will be baked... and then there will be cake"- GLaDOS.

Technically a professional game designer. Have RPGMaker, will collab.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

And since your argument is invalid, you should stop it and make more posters.

(It's RPG related, you know your PCs would use them if they could.)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feriority View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

And since your argument is invalid, you should stop it and make more posters.

(It's RPG related, you know your PCs would use them if they could.)
    Psh. That's a slingshot. The power would come from a stretching string.

It's also totally unoptimized.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting