New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1494

Thread: Steven Universe

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Steven Universe

I found some fanart that is surprisingly relevant to events in this thread.
    Spoiler: Not actually a spoiler, just a big picture
    Show
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2015-07-12 at 08:59 AM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I found some fanart that is surprisingly relevant to events in this thread.
    Spoiler: Not actually a spoiler, just a big picture
    Show
    Oh yeah, I started following that guy a while back cuz of his Korra comics. He mainly seems to focus on SU now, which I'm fine with, since he's got some pretty clever jokes most of the time anyway. Unfortunately, you have to venture onto deviantart to find them.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2015-07-12 at 03:57 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

I must say that discussing whether or not a show is any good is one of the least interesting topics you can have about a show. I mean, I've seen the show! I already decided whether it was good enough for me! Arguments about a show's quality are just these sort of neverending back-and-forths in which people with different tastes say words at each other, and then I have to scroll past pages and pages of boring posts in hopes of finding something fun to respond to.

So I guess what I'm getting at is this:
    I get that there are people who actually enjoy just debating for its own sake, and that's fine, but would it be possible for us to just have a thread for people who want to talk about various points in a show they like without feeling like they need to defend their basic opinion about the show as a whole? Because, at least for me, arguing (especially on the Internet, where it can go on indefinitely) is just this needlessly stressful and exhausting ordeal that I only engage in as a last resort. I don't want to waste my energy on a TV show! It's not worth it. I guess I could try to just talk over the arguing people, but I'd rather they just take it somewhere else, if that's alright. I think as this show has grown in popularity, a lot of people are coming here who would rather just discuss all the neat things that have happened so far and share theories, etc. without getting bogged down in this kind of debate.

I'm not trying to be unfriendly, but I want the thread to be less so!

Also, if nothing else, I invite anyone who just wants to talk about SU to check out the episode reviews done by the AV Club. The comment sections there are full of fun and clever people to talk to. I'm the one with the green squid hat.
    You can always rely on the kindness of strangeness.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    I must say that discussing whether or not a show is any good is one of the least interesting topics you can have about a show. I mean, I've seen the show! I already decided whether it was good enough for me! Arguments about a show's quality are just these sort of neverending back-and-forths in which people with different tastes say words at each other, and then I have to scroll past pages and pages of boring posts in hopes of finding something fun to respond to.
    Im taking a break from this thread and SU overall. You get your wish.

But the big bad boogeyman of the horrible, terrible, no good very bad dissenting opinions may return one day.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2015-07-12 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Im taking a break from this thread and SU overall. You get your wish.

But the big bad boogeyman of the horrible, terrible, no good very bad dissenting opinions may return one day.
    A little condescending, but thank you! I'll stockpile blankets just in case. :P
    Last edited by Fralex; 2015-07-12 at 05:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

A little condescending
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

7. - Top - End - #1087

Thank you for summing it up. He's not some random poster, he's an experience. You like experiences don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Imp

You like experiences don't you?
    Only the good ones.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

9. - Top - End - #1089

Only the good ones.
    Well, given how much everyone here dislikes discussing negativity, I can only presume that our dear friend Scowling Dragon must be the equivalent to a rock concert in a candy factory.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    This is the gem cluster featured on the Cluster.

Can anyone figure out the component gems?
    Emerald, Tourmaline, Aquamarine, and Olivine all come to mind for the two up top. Several forms of Beryl could do either of 'em though.

The more organic-ish round one is a bit trickier, because I'm only really familiar with opals and pearls lending themselves to that sort of configuration.

The cubic one reminds me a little bit of corondum, so Sapphire comes to mind, but it could also be some form of Zircon or Cubic Zirconium. Amusingly, the wiki has a list of cubic minerals.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2015-07-13 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #1091

Is anyone else getting the vibe from the Steven Bombs that they're building up to a traditional "end of act 2" ending? The foreboding kind of vibe that's going to cause the fandom to explode in sadness; that the Peridot arc is going to have a Pyrrhic end.

Prediction
    Spoiler
    Show
    That Steven's going to permanently lose Pearl, Lapis, or Connie.

Pearl being offed would be both dramatically appropriate for Pearl and Steven loses what's essentially his ethical center in the temple
    Lapis, because Steven was never able to save her. This would be crushing
    Connie would be Sugar plunging the knife in and TWIIIIIIIISSSSTING. This would take the title over for most shocking but appropriate twist in recent TV animation from "My name is Simon Petrokov"
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2015-07-13 at 09:28 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Is anyone else getting the vibe from the Steven Bombs that they're building up to a traditional "end of act 2" ending? The foreboding kind of vibe that's going to cause the fandom to explode in sadness; that the Peridot arc is going to have a Pyrrhic end.

Prediction
    Spoiler
    Show
    That Steven's going to permanently lose Pearl, Lapis, or Connie.

Pearl being offed would be both dramatically appropriate for Pearl and Steven loses what's essentially his ethical center in the temple
    Lapis, because Steven was never able to save her. This would be crushing
    Connie would be Sugar plunging the knife in and TWIIIIIIIISSSSTING. This would take the title over for most shocking but appropriate twist in recent TV animation from "My name is Simon Petrokov"
    Spoiler
    Show

Probably not Connie. At least not until after that fusion has accomplished something major. Maybe some point after that.

By the way.... what the HECK is with the Pearl/Garnet fusion? I'm sure some of you have seen it in a more clear context than myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJXnSJv7H0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone in the show is going to die I expect it to be sapphire. Garnet is the one that held everyone together after Rose died. she's the leader, the center.

If something happened to sapphire then they would lose that and Steven would be forced to step up to hold everyone together. We'd still have Ruby so the team would lose power but not members and there would be no more future sight which would also leave them lost and needing another way to forge ahead.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2015-07-13 at 12:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094

I honestly wouldn't expect any permanent member losses. It might get dark as hell sometimes, but this is still a show for kids.

There's that "What are gems" short. I'm honestly expecting that Pearl's question dodging is going to be important later.

Perhaps Steven gets poofed, and the Gems don't know if he'll come back or not because of his organic body?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1095

If it's anyone, it's definitely Lapis.

Connie is basically bulletpoof, since one of the unwritten rules of animation is "you do not kill children, especially not violently". You don't break that rule unless you're willing to face the possibility of extreme consequences.

Pearl they have way too much invested into to actually kill off. Because without her they have no Opal or Alexandrite or Sardonyx, and they'd need an entirely new OP.

Lapis meanwhile is probably too convenient not to kill. Her existence means that unless she's permanently off in space or in the ocean or wherever, she'd need to either join the main team or find something else to do. Which would also mean a new round of fusions, a new OP, and a whole lot of discohesion as Lapis Lazuli is not a birth stone and thus the entire CG motif is suddenly gone, unless we go back to a chart that's apparently a hundred years out of date.

Killing Lapis is at this point almost less work than keeping her alive, and given the budget this show runs on they'll probably go for the easy choice.

16. - Top - End - #1096

I honestly wouldn't expect any permanent member losses. It might get dark as hell sometimes, but this is still a show for kids.
    We have to remember the show that pretty much lead to SU featured one main character being melted from the waste down and then transforming on screen into the embodiment of entropy and hate while the other main character was crying and rapidly losing control of his sanity. (It's every episode with the Lich in it. Every. one. The team did perhaps too good of a job creating a force of primal evil)

Or another show on the network where one character's defining trait exists because he watched the only person he ever romantically loved die in front of him.

Or the mini series that was a near constant metaphor for death where [references to last 2 episodes redacted]

Don't turn your back on Cartoon Network is what I'm saying.

---
    Lapis being too obvious is my argument against that line.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2015-07-13 at 01:20 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    We have to remember the show that pretty much lead to SU featured one main character being melted from the waste down and then transforming on screen into the embodiment of entropy and hate while the other main character was crying and rapidly losing control of his sanity. (It's every episode with the Lich in it. Every. one. The team did perhaps too good of a job creating a force of primal evil)
    Well, yeah. But, y'know, she did live. Adventure Time's had a bit of character death, but it's all been relatively minor. If anything, Rebecca Sugar's obsession is with the destruction and tragedy of immortality, forcing your slow disconnection from anything outside your small group of fellow immortals, making every loss of sanity tick away at you over the long haul, and giving your life a static nature that can only be accomplished by having thousands of years of being basically the same person. It's one of the main commonalities between the two shows, and as much as the topic's been explored without her as the writer for the episode, Adventure Time never got the topic down in quite the same way when she wasn't doing it.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Imp

Because without her they have no Opal or Alexandrite or Sardonyx, and they'd need an entirely new OP.
    What exactly does OP stand for in this context?
    Show
    Then don't look close.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Opening theme.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

It's almost here!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just saw the latest episode...

Hit me right in the feels. And then it made me feel sad.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Spoiler: Thoughts as I go
    Show
    I'm a bit with Amethyst: I don't get this cartoon.

Peridot!

Lion can't carry all of the Gems.

Call back to Sugilite

I'm guessing Pearl likes fusing with Garnet or one of her components.

I like this dance

Sardonyx is so hammy.

She's a bit more mechanical than other Crystal Gems.

That was a bad joke.

WARHAMMER!

Amethyst done'st like Sardonyx.

I still don't get that show.

Blunt Garnet is blunt

More Ham!

Amethyst is upset? Was Sugilite going berserk a mistake on her part?

Never Mind, she just wants Garnet to think she's cool again.

This isn't going to end well.

Pearl is fixing it?

She must really like being Sardonyx.

Garnet is pissed off.

Spoiler: Conclusion
    Show
    Okay. If I get this right, Pearl and amythest like fusing with Garnet, because it makes them feel strong.

But Garnet is pissed at the thought of Pearl making up reasons to fuse, since it's a distraction.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Well, let's see...
    Spoiler
    Show

So, Sardonyx is some sort of... magician/comedian/MC kinda thing it seems? I like the design, and she's definitely an interesting lady. A bit odd, though, I admit.
    Seems there are a couple recurring fusion traits in her design. Multiple arms, like Opal, Alexandrite, and Sugilite. Stacked eyes like Alexandrite and Rainbow Quartz. I wonder if there's some sort of chartable relationship between certain traits and who is involved.
    If the two become one when fused, it seems like the Sardonyx would remember repairing the tower...

Amethyst and pearl both like fusing with garnet because there's a lot of power to play with. I'd imagine it would be kinda addicting to fuse like that. Somewhere between sex and god mode in a video game.
    I would definitely imagine Garnet would be rather upset at being 'taken advantage of'. I mean, with the love letters episode, she talked about the whole 'three's a crowd' thing. And knowing how deeply Garnet is invested in her personal relationship, it seems like being convinced to fuse with another gem under false pretenses would probably be more than a little offensive. This seems more likely the reason for her anger than the 'wasting time' point stated. After all, she was just watching cartoons with Steven earlier, and if time was so precious, it seems like that would be classified as a low priority activity.

I admit, I liked the little nod to the audience at the end.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler: Wow
    Show
    I'd be jealous too. That is one smug magician.
    Ehh, it's actually kind of hard for me to joke about this episode. It was pretty sad.

25. - Top - End - #1105

NecromancerGuy

Lapis Lazuli is not a birth stone
    December would like a word with you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #1106

...well damn.
    Spoiler
    Show

I wasn't super keen on Sardonyx being a fusion, but I think I know why this is called "The Week of Sardonyx now". We're...going to be dealing with this fallout for awhile.

I can also see why this episode was called cry for help. Jesus Pearl, you...really have problems. Good episode, nice way to start things off with a bang.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

That ending scene hurt me in ways TV shows generally don't have the capacity to, that was heavy.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler: New episode
    Show
    I agree with the damn folk. Damn. That was heavy. I'm pretty excited to see the show that is when it's taken in this sorta direction, treating the relationship stuff as major plot arcs rather than typically background stuff that gets played up as the conflict for particular episodes.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice little bit of foreshadowing in the breakfast cartoon:"WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME, PEAR"...L!

But yeah, this show is really starting to hit my fave hard. I imagine that the team will be in disarray til the end of the bomb, when Sardonyx makes her return as a last hope. Maybe the other fusions will show as well.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2015-07-13 at 11:22 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

30. - Top - End - #1110

Imp

Opening theme.
    What? No. Nobody says that.
    Show
    Then don't look close.