New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Equine and the Restless-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XII

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, it wasn't us exactly. It was one of our teammates. We did get to watch, though."
    "Agh, what I would've given to be there! Was there a scuffle before the lights? How many'd you take out, Brains?"

"I...I didn't 'take out' any....any..." She stops and remembers her blackout, and then looks absolutely furious. Her tone isn't a shout, but more of the most dangerous whisper you can imagine. "Horne...did you-"

"I've dipped enough into what you've shared so far to keep well away from killing blows unless ordered or absolutely necessary."

"...That didn't answer my question."

"Quite right. Now, if I may borrow your mouth..?"

"Oh, right! That makes things clearer! Thought ya were talkin' 'bout the swords there!" Blades laughed. "Mighty hard to understand ya when ya're both talkin' at once, though."
    "This does involve swords, yes. Specifically, a type of blade I don't believe has ever before been forged. I'll need to see the effects of the miniatures, think on perfections, but...how does a sword or knife that never breaks, returns to you when thrown, cuts through armor like butter and is immune to most magic strike you?"

"Agreed. I've been travelling for so long today..." With that, the little unicorn fell asleep completely.
    Oddly enough, Dawnstrider never really fully sleeps. Instead, he relaxes a bit and keeps an eye on the area, specifically on Jewel and/or Mile. In a very much 'protective guardian' way, not the other kind.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-09-09 at 02:35 AM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Agh, what I would've given to be there! Was there a scuffle before the lights? How many'd you take out, Brains?"

"I...I didn't 'take out' any....any..." She stops and remembers her blackout, and then looks absolutely furious. Her tone isn't a shout, but more of the most dangerous whisper you can imagine. "Horne...did you-"

"I've dipped enough into what you've shared so far to keep well away from killing blows unless ordered or absolutely necessary."
    Blades nodded. "Yeah, I don't recall ya fightin' a lot. Ya did defend yarself, 'n even threatened to kill one of our teammates, but at that point, everything was goin' to pieces anyway, so ya didn't do a lot that wasn't already done."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "This does involve swords, yes. Specifically, a type of blade I don't believe has ever before been forged. I'll need to see the effects of the miniatures, think on perfections, but...how does a sword or knife that never breaks, returns to you when thrown, cuts through armor like butter and is immune to most magic strike you?"
    "Not as much as it strikes other ponies, at least, if I'm the one wieldin' it!
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oddly enough, Dawnstrider never really fully sleeps. Instead, he relaxes a bit and keeps an eye on the area, specifically on Jewel and/or Mile. In a very much 'protective guardian' way, not the other kind.
    "um, I got somewhere else to stay at, little one here got us a home; so are you staying here?"
    Mile just yawns
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Outskirts of town, north

"...I feel so violated,"
    Zephyr dramatically whimpered and covered his head. "ahoo hoo hoo...waah.."

"There, there darling,"
    Miss M told her progeny as she patted him on the neck and consoled him.

"Hauh.....why would any one have such a spell??....Whatever, is everyone alright?"
    Gearstride asked splayed on the ground.
    Staccata being light on her hooves and rogue classes usually have some evasion-like ability, is less winded and slightly less inked than could have been expected... or it could be because she was one of the ones backing out before the others.

"Remember to have me give the 'young master' Flamestrong a punch in the face soon."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, being left unattended, Meadow took the opportunity to rid herself of the stake in her leg. The wood tasted foul, but a nasty after taste was better than a stake through the leg.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata being light on her hooves and rogue classes usually have some evasion-like ability, is less winded and slightly less inked than could have been expected... or it could be because she was one of the ones backing out before the others.

"Remember to have me give the 'young master' Flamestrong a punch in the face soon."
    The ninja flicked her wings as she galloped behind them. "Do not threaten the handsome lord's handsome face."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades nodded. "Yeah, I don't recall ya fightin' a lot. Ya did defend yarself, 'n even threatened to kill one of our teammates, but at that point, everything was goin' to pieces anyway, so ya didn't do a lot that wasn't already done."
    "Was that threat the one where I put the bomb in-"

"YOU PUT A BOMB IN SOMEPONY?!"

"I didn't have-!"

"THAT IS SO AWESOME!"

"...Shut up!!"

"Not as much as it strikes other ponies, at least, if I'm the one wieldin' it!
    "Certainly. Though I will warn you a proper end result will feel...unusual."

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "um, I got somewhere else to stay at, little one here got us a home; so are you staying here?"
    Mile just yawns
    "Hopefully. Unless we're foalnapped for some reason. Might as well be prepared for anything."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Was that threat the one where I put the bomb in-"

"YOU PUT A BOMB IN SOMEPONY?!"

"I didn't have-!"

"THAT IS SO AWESOME!"

"...Shut up!!"
    Blades nodded. "Well, she didn't actually set it off or anything, but ya know, she sure was threatnin'! She's not spineless, pale or pathetic, that's for sure! ...Well, she's sort of pale-ish, but she's not spineless or pathetic! She's learnin' well."

"Certainly. Though I will warn you a proper end result will feel...unusual."
    "Oh, that's not a problem. I've used unusual weapons before. In fact, I got my mark with one of 'em!"

"Hopefully. Unless we're foalnapped for some reason. Might as well be prepared for anything."
    The napping foal twitched a bit in her sleep because the narration simply could not let a potential pun slip by.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades nodded. "Well, she didn't actually set it off or anything, but ya know, she sure was threatnin'! She's not spineless, pale or pathetic, that's for sure! ...Well, she's sort of pale-ish, but she's not spineless or pathetic! She's learnin' well."
    "Beats the mana out of my expectations! Good on you, Brains!"

"Your approval means so much to me, Stellar...the shame is almost indescribable."

"Oh, that's not a problem. I've used unusual weapons before. In fact, I got my mark with one of 'em!"
    "I seem to have found the perfect-"

"Test subject?"

"...Helpful individual."

---

Today's Addition
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'll do these occasionally, mostly to get my thoughts out, somewhat as filler. Reading is optional, of course. This can either be 'What is everypony else doing', backstories, new adventures, or explanations of how exactly these characters came to be. Half the stuff I'll put here is IC, half is OOC, so I decided to put it all here with a 'you don't have to read this' clause.))

Snowstorm

I came up with Snowy (in her humanish incarnations she's Kathrine) a loooong time ago, around the same time as I figured Taylor needed buddies. She was the original 'team', and set the standard for the people to follow.

Originally, she was a Lancer with a sharp tongue and sharper swords. Her defining traits were basically snark and stabbing. However, Character Development decided that this simply would not do. Out of all Taylor's Teammates, she's been there the longest, and she's arguably the strongest while in stride. After a ludicrous amount of time spent watching everyone and their brother die and being generally second-fiddle, she kicked herself into high gear with an interesting side effect.

She got nicer.

The original Snowstorm was there for backup and giving Taylor a clear message of 'Snark is very very hereditary'. Not much else. After her upgrade though, she started becoming more empathetic to the world at large, going from a semi-Chaotic Neutral vibe to heavily Chaotic Good. She was always there for anyone on the team or whoever they dealt with, reading to offer a shoulder or a sword where needed.

The Snowstorm in FwM is her middle-ground incarnation. She still bounces off Taylor and her siblings, but she's got heart as well. Her personality can come off as somewhat Rainbow Dash-ish, especially given her confidence, but she's a little more of a people person. Also, she doesn't really care about the weather unless she needs a quick blizzard.

Most of her inspiration came from a character in Unreal Championship II, Sapphire. If you put them in the same room, they'd be nearly nothing alike, but I liked the combination of frostbite, twin swords, and proficiency. I liked the look, too. Sans miniskirt.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Barbarian in the Playground

"uhh.... Why did the mention of foalnapping get me suspicious"

-----------------------------------------

Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhere outside the town

"Alright, anypony seen an alternative way in?"

Exclaims a Red Earth Pony mare with a yellow mane and wearing a partial armed dark plate, just after that, a purple pegasus mare with a pink mane lands

"A hole, near the southeast, not hard to sneak through, no idea how could it be at daylight"

Then a green unicorn stallion, with a black mane

"Could see them, The blue crusader's with his brother, I think the one called Mile, but they're both with somepony very very dangerous right now, the unicorn with Aero in a place with high activity, getting them right now would cause too much noise, and the griffon....Last seen going into the guardhouse"

Two more armors appear
    "We found nothing"
    "only a hole on the southeast, even the southern entrance seems like a better spot for entering"

"alright, we should strike tomorrow, remember the orders: nopony else has to notice, like if they just left"

------------------------------------------------------

[Meanwhile, bored in a cell in the guardhouse]

Whitestone just sits on his cell, still trying to force himself mad.
    "I'm telling you all! you're all going to regret not surrendering!!"
    He just yells, trying to annoy the guards

((I think we need a new thread now, don't we? ))
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-11-01 at 12:07 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "uhh.... Why did the mention of foalnapping get me suspicious"
    "Because I said it. The chances are unlikely with those around who, unlike myself, do not get foalnapped weekly."

Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhere outside the town

"Alright, anypony seen an alternative way in?"

Exclaims a Red unicorn mare with a yellow mane and wearing a partial armed dark plate, just after that, a purple pegasus mare with a pink mane lands

"A hole, near the southeast, not hard to sneak through, no idea how could it be at daylight"

Then a green Earth pony stallion, with a black mane

"Could see them, The blue crusader's with his brother, I think the one called Mile, but they're both with somepony very very dangerous right now, the unicorn with Aero in a place with high activity, getting them right now would cause too much noise, and the griffon....Last seen going into the guardhouse"

Two more armors appear
    "We found nothing"
    "only a hole on the southeast, even the southern entrance seems like a better spot for entering"

"alright, we should strike tomorrow, remember the orders: nopony else has to notice, like if they just left"
    Dawnstrider suddenly feels rather pleased with himself for some reason.

((I think we need a new thread now, don't we? ))
    ((Probably, yeah. But that'e Benson's domain, I think. ))

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, pshaw~ There's room for ten + posts 'til it hits pg 50

play fine....new thread