New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Park - Harnel and Harnel

"Okay, you two, go and get me a blue and a yellow from your stash. You, come over here and remove these guys' red..."

Assuming that the Gloamings cooperate and do what the Grig says, the two Harnels should wake up at the same time, next to each other. The "married" Harnel will be yellow Green (the grig changed her mind at the last moment), and the other Harnel should be blue. Oddly, there is no other changes. The Grig is standing there for both of them to see, a sincere smile on her face.

((All Godmods-yes, all three-approved.))
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-03-02 at 07:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Park - Harnel and Harnel

Harnel wakes up. Looks at Harnel. Looks at Harnel. Looks at the Grig. Stands.

What the heck do you think you're doing? Change me back, right now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Park - Astrana and Cynthia]

The tiefling ponders the benefits and disadvantages of bisexuality for a while before she decides to not keep it due an likely encounter with Ilpholin.

"Remove this one as well." Astrana tells the gloamings before turning to the last orb, "You can take that one Cynthia, seems my luck have run out for the moment. What was in your orb anyway?" She didn't seem any different.

But before she can answer she turns to the gloamings, "So I guess you... steal these attributes from people, correct?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"I just said it did nothing. It was boring." Cynthia pouts. Pouts! This is disappointing. Hopefully this other one will be better. The little girl takes it and presses it to her chest.

The gloamings will comply with the girls' wishes, "Yeah! everything we have, we took from people!"

Cynthia will find herself much more talented at cooking due to the orb she absorbs.

[Park - Harnel and Harnel]

Blue Harnel will receive his wakefulness back from the gloamings, which should wake him up instantly.

The green Harnel will wake up looking miffed as he looks towards the grig, "Seriously. Why would you even do that?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

[Streets, Winguardia and Company]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "Well, last I remember we were considering following Alysha to the Good League of Good and asking someone there about equipment for a skiing adventure. Otherwise we were going to go look into hang-gliding.... either would be fun. I also have one acquaintance in town named Jessica, she might like to be part of this, so I might swing past her place on the way to wherever we go." Winguardia sums up what they were doing before her wing-bearing nemesis started bugging them.

Speaking of him... an odd dark shadow can suddenly be seen flying off over the rooftops and away from the group. Seems Reclaimer just left in a hurry.
    "Why don't we pick up your friend, and take her with us to go hang-gliding and skiing?" Rhyan suggests, chuckling.

((And reposting this one. ))

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Erin's Emporium]

((Alternatively: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandCannon ))

Aeryn looks up in surprise, then grins, shaking her head bemusedly. "Of course I can do that. How about a Savage 24? .30-30 Winchester over 12-gauge, should handle anything up to the maddest owlbear."
    She doesn't wait for a reply, before collecting ammo and a super-jumbo-size roll of duct tape (Demonic Duck Tape Of Some Sort™ brand) as DRDs scurry to collect the other items. "Hopefully you won't need it to deal with anything too dangerous, though..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Interesting, so what sort of things can you steal from a person?" Astrana asks curiously, Cynthia forgotten for the moment, this could prove very useful.

[Animal Shelter]

Within the walls of the animal shelter the inhabitants will suddenly notice a couple of flying blue buckets which seem to be trying to seek out any fire within and put it out by pouring water at it. These buckets doesn't seem to be running out of it no matter how much they pour and they won't stop until all the fight is out.

They will also pour water on everything else that seems warm enough to be causing fire and potentially anyone who like to calm down.

These buckets are godmodable to a certain degree but their purpose is to put out the fire even if they may not be all that effective against napalm.

Middleton Apartments

"Oh... I'm sorry, what destroyed it? Where do you live now?" She asks curiously.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-03 at 10:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

More pouting! This is disappointing. Cynthia doesn't feel any different. The little demon crosses her arms. Hmph!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel and Harnel

The grig strides forward a bit. "Gentlemen, you have both been altered. This is suspicious. Furthermore, you are both in this park, and therefore have a even run to the woman you love. Beside you is someone who wants your beloved. Tonight, one of you will warm your love's bed, and the other will be alone. Whoever wins will wake up the color they woke up this morning! What a prize! If it makes you feel any better, the loser can come back to this bench and get a sweet consolation prize! On your marks, get set, GO!"

Vriveka will take an impressive leap up into the nearby tree, leaving the two Harnels alone to their challenge.

Okay, there is a good chance that there are a number of fairies in the trees watching, but what would that change?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

The psycho grig may end up not jumping at all, because Harnel will breathe fire as soon as she says "Consolation". It's high enough up in the air that it won't hurt her, but it should prevent her from jumping at all.

This is Followed by Harnel moving surprisingly quickly towards her, intending to grab her before she can get her bearings and move away.

"We can steal anything except light and life!" a gloaming says proudly.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-02 at 08:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

"Oh?" That sounded extremely powerful... and useful. "I guess this isn't something you can teach? Since I could use some more magical power if you could get that for me." She says with a smile.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Sewers

Something is stirring.

A lot of somethings, actually. The sewer wildlife has been particularly active lately. Geneshaper abominations and remainders of the Harlequin gangs relocate, being pushed out of their territory by some unknown threat that comes in the dark, the special kind of dark that exists only deep beneath, the kind of dark that even creatures of the night fear.

The waste and rubbish golems do their job, they keep the threats from nearing the surface, from breaking free. The threats they can see, anyway.

But what if it's not the surface that whatever is scaring away the scaries wants?
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-03-02 at 09:28 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't be silly. The Grig can totally still jump, it'll just catch it on fire and really hurt.

All the same, the psycho grig may end up wishing it hadn't jumped at all, because Harnel will breathe a horribly nasty garlic breath attack as soon as she says "Consolation". It's low enough in the air that it should hit her, but it won't prevent her from jumping at all.

This is followed by Harnel moving surprisingly quickly towards her, intending to grab her before she can get her bearings and move away.

I suspect this will result in both Harnels bonking their heads together and neither getting the Grig.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel and Harnel

Oh-

Fire! And something that smells tasty. The grig avoids the two grasping hands, but only because they get in each other's way. She gets some distance, and tries to jump into the trees from there. "Good to see you two are energetic! Best of luck to both of you, and if either of you do get your hands on me I'll gender swap you, and imagine how that will look to the missus!"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Sewer

One of the geneshaper abominations is fleeing now, running from some unseen hunter of hunters. It's slender, sleek form and balanced, fleet legs lend it a speed unthought of by most land based animals, but it is not enough.

Something lashes out from the alclove ahead with a long, fleshy whip of a tongue and snaps the poor alien fugitive up with a delectable crunching noise and a satisfied growl.

Then, the predator turns its eyes-or rather its ears-upwards. Such wonderful sounds make it through the pavement and concrete, permeating the sewers with a silent cacophony of appetizing noises that no human could hear above the ambiance of the cataclysmic beneath Inside.

It wonders what sort of food might be found up there...the thing in the cloak always gave it such wonderful treats that it claimed came from the surface...surely just a peek wouldn't hurt...
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-03-02 at 09:33 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignoring the other Harnel for the moment, the green harnel will move on all fours, taking a leap towards the Grig. He cares not for Gender bending. He can fix that at home.

the blue Harnel may find the first Harnel's tail coming towards his head if he doesn't move. This is less an intention on the original's part and more a hope, since he's not really controlling his tail right now. just cause and effect from the leap.

"Nope," another says "Only gloamings have this power! It's awesome!" Of course, Nothing's stopping them from taking that power out a gloaming, but they'd never do that. it would be too cruel. The only time they do it is with criminals and those who aren't going to live long anyways. It's a sort of ritual thing.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-02 at 09:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Suuuuuure it's not. *pokes at hope and prehensile tail*

Harnel leaps back out of the way. And then, because he's not a particularly violent man of action... he goes to sit on the parkbench. His initial attempt failed, so clearly this requires some serious planning to find a way to catch this Grig.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #256

The tiefling nods in understanding, "So could you steal some magical power for me? I could use strength and dexterity as well if you find that and all sort of knowledge..." Of course, stealing that from other people would be wrong wouldn't it?
    But... power!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel and Harnel

The grig is caught in Harnel's hands! She didn't even try to dodge. As Harnel's flesh touches the grig, a bit of magic should change him into a woman.

"Okay, green, what next? Are you going to threaten to squish me? Are you going to try and make a deal with me? Are you going to try and talk sense into me? Come on, don't keep me waiting."

She has this smug little grin on her face. Why is she so smug?
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-03-02 at 10:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel is indeed turned into a woman, unfortunately for him. Of course, that just stokes her anger more.

"No," Fem!Harnel says, "I'm going to take you back to my wife. there you'll be kept in a jar with only a few airholes, subjected to tests on a daily basis, and forced to live out the rest of your existence chained to the whims of a mage who doesn't care about you. Alternatively, I could hold you down and begin carving runes into your skin that will slowly but surely eat away at your body as you rot while still alive."

"Or you can change me back. Your choice."

Most of this is bluffing, but Harnel is certainly angry enough for it to come through clear, and she won't hesitate to honestly do something drastic.

"We're not allowed to, pretty lady!" one of the gloamings say, "It's against the rules. We don't help big people except by giving them gifts!"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-02 at 10:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

"But you still steal from other people? You need to get those orbs from somewhere don't you?" Hmm... there was an easily sensible way to solve this which didn't require doing any horrifying acts. "What if I keep all these orbs in exchange for a kiss and I can trade them with you later once you got a few more?" She suggests.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel and Harnel

"Really?"
    The Grig looks Harnel in the eyes. She looks him straight in the eyes for several seconds. "That sounds rather cool."

...what?

"Yeah, I'll take the experiments. it should be interesting. Is she a fleshwarper, or what? I've heard creepy things about necromancy."

She's serious. She is super serious. As far as can be seen, she believes Harnel fully and is all for it. What is wrong with her?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Common Street

The Entropic Shield is designed for use against ranged weapons, stopping the bullets from getting through. Destur returns fire- literally, throwing a dagger wreathed in green hellfire at the closest technoblin. The knife screams through the air, and whatever it hits will be ignited- hellfire isn't like mortal flame; it's the product of igniting the immortal soul of an unrepentant sinner. Hence the screaming.
    While one technoblin starts screaming in pain as it is set aflame, the other four quickly move back as the technoblin-on-hellfire charges forward, crying as he intends to take out his opponent by tackling and latching onto the gnome in an attempt to kill him with his own hell-flame in a heroic sacrifice.

Meanwhile the Modified One begins recording….
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2012-03-03 at 12:03 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Bast's Animal Shelter

"Shyeihaiihihahaa, gunna getcha 'umies, shyoon as I can tink purple boom!" Shraaaah is lying on his back, completely unfazed by the burst of flame that just rocked the room and put out the pilot light on his fire hurler and the glob of napalm on the ceiling.

Well, that's some of the fires gone, although the bed is still burning cheerily. Shraaaah gets another shot lined up, aiming at Pavna and Reinholdt now, and slams down the lever.

*Shoomp!*

Without a pilot light, the ball of black sludge hurls forward, harmless but sticky and foul smelling. It will cling to fur and bone just as easily as it clung to the ceiling, if it hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Animal Shelter]

Oh geeze, more flame. And being kidnapped and/or rescued. And goop splat all over him and Rein is so out of it and has almost no idea what's going on now.

"Arel? Arel?" He calls out, still concerned at least.

[Approaching Animal Shelter]

Mecha-Rein is running to the rescue! Run run!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Approaching Animal Shelter

Kate Kyland is following Mecha-Rein. She's not sure what good she'll be, but something is on fire and an animal shelter is under attack? Very confusing. She grabbed her backpack before heading out the door, so she has the stuff in there that might be helpful. Like... um... her extra arm? That might be helpful.

((sorry, not ready for park yet. Will post there ASAP))
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Animal Shelter]

Oh God, Fire! Arel covers her head and curls up as the flames wash over the room. "Rein?!" Arel calls after it's done, more weakly than she intends. She's still having trouble drawing breath.

Is that him there? With that goblin pointing his weapon at him. "Stay away from him!" Arel says as she manages to get to her feet. Is that a book in her hand? She chucks it right at the gblin. It's not the smallest book ever, and it's hardcover too.

Oh no, icky goo stuff!
    Pavna hisses a bit and takes a moment to give his limbs a shake.
    Gotta get the stuff off before Mom appears ready to put the fear of Heaven in the ugly go-
    Oh, too late.

Singe marks in her pink hair, faint heat streaks across her cheeks, and a flat out sinister grin.
    "Don't worry, Reiny, I'm here now."
    Where did that hack saw in her hand come from?

There is the vague feeling that Shraaaaah and it will become very well acquainted soon.
    Goblin-saw kisses!
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Temperamental Streets

Chloé doesn't know what to think when she sees a horned, tailed humanoid sharing the street with her.

Hell. You died and went to hell. Of course! The device must have activated and killed the two girls and now this was what awaited them in the afterlife.

She cringes and attempts to hide behind her better armed and armored friend, camouflage still malfunctioning.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temperamental Streets]

Alia, noting that her companion is apparently quite scared, reaches back to squeeze Chloe's hand again, looking after the pair of Tieflings curiously.

"O...kay. So, assuming that those weren't demons... What were they? A pair of rich kids who decided to get their bodies altered surgically, maybe?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Common Street

Destur ducks around to one side of the technoblin, avoiding the charge as he throws another knife at one of the other technoblins. This one is electrically enchanted, so if it hits then the electricity may cause short outs in the technoblin's circuits.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnelle looks at the grig flatly for a moment, before sighing, "Alright, let's try this another way. Please turn me back to what I am normally. I don't feel like taking part in your game and love is obviously more complicated than you have grasped at the moment. None of this will work towards getting either one of us happy and married because my wife knows which one of us is which, making this rather pointless."

"uuuuh," the gloamings would deny, but logic fails due to the promise of kissing, "Ok!"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Willow's Lab]

Good thing Glamdring isn't a Meowth.

Otherwise spraying him with a spray bottle would have dire results.

Anywho, the eevee gets spritzed!

And he gets healthy all of a sudden! Like magic!

Except not magic. But rather SCIENCE! There seems to be a whole lot of crazy over the top SCIENCE! in the Pokemon world that is totally taken for granted. Magic is only used to keep out ghosts!

Or some such.

Anywho. Yeah.

The eevee is better now. Which leaves the question, now what?
    [Willow's Lab]

Oh my. A lull in the conversation. Seems like a perfect time for...

Knock knock knock. Seems like someone is knocking on the lab's door! I wonder who it could be. Well, you can probably see who it is if the doors are glass. I'm not really sure if they're the slide-y doors some pokemon buildings have or if the lab has normal wooden doors. But if they're the glass doors, it looks like there's a dark-haired kid waiting impatiently outside.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Most of the cats have, at this point in the disturbance, fled! In fact, only three (besides Reinholdt of course) actually remain. But Akila, Fukayna, and Chione are all hiding in their secret evil altar. They do not like the loud noises they hear and the smell of smoke and fire, and are apparently too cowardly wise to leave their safe hole and try to fight whatever has attacked the shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #268

"Great." Astrana replies with a smile and then proceeds to get down to quickly kiss the gloaming. She will do the same to the others and will then to proceed to leave the park with the orbs in tow, letting Cynthia carry a few of them.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Temperamental Streets

Chloé was relieved that Alia was taking this all so calmly, but did she really believe what she just said? Rich kids?

Her mind was abuzz, but her lips stayed silent. She found herself falling back on her habitual silence -- when it felt like the works was moving too fast for her, she would quietly go with the flow.

She clutches Alia's hand a little and keeps walking.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Harnelle looks at the grig flatly for a moment, before sighing, "Alright, let's try this another way. Please turn me back to what I am normally. I don't feel like taking part in your game and love is obviously more complicated than you have grasped at the moment. None of this will work towards getting either one of us happy and married because my wife knows which one of us is which, making this rather pointless."
    "Oh shut up and just hug it and cuddle it you moron. It won't be able to stand that." Harnel says to Harnel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast