New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

The Mini Fluttershy yawns and wakes up before the plant does anything funky.
    She stares at the two foals but doesn't say anything.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Flower Tail looked disappointed, but her companion was relieved that a potentially hilariously disastrous situation had been avoided. "Um... Hello. Sorry about the sudden awakening. So... My name's Winterflap. Who are you?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Flower Tail looked disappointed, but her companion was relieved that a potentially hilariously disastrous situation had been avoided. "Um... Hello. Sorry about the sudden awakening. So... My name's Winterflap. Who are you?"
    She rubs her eyes.

I'm Hullabaloo. she says yawning again, and standing up. She looks around and asks where am I?

4. - Top - End - #664
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    She rubs her eyes.

I'm Hullabaloo. she says yawning again, and standing up. She looks around and asks where am I?
    "I don't really know. In some street somewhere, I guess." Flower Tail looked around again, but there weren't any conveniently-placed signs nearby. "Anyway, I'm Flower Tail. Sorry for trying to grow things on you, I guess."

"We don't really know where we are," added Winterflap. "We've sort of been wandering around and just bumped into this place, and then you."

"By the way, is it normal where you come from to sleep in the middles of streets?"

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't really know. In some street somewhere, I guess." Flower Tail looked around again, but there weren't any conveniently-placed signs nearby. "Anyway, I'm Flower Tail. Sorry for trying to grow things on you, I guess."

"We don't really know where we are," added Winterflap. "We've sort of been wandering around and just bumped into this place, and then you."

"By the way, is it normal where you come from to sleep in the middles of streets?"
    She shakes her head in response . She starts looking around, looking for any sort of landmark she'd be familiar with. She appears to notice one and starts slowly walking in that direction.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

(Augh! Sorry for my absence. School really drags on.))

The little purple filly was a bit surprised by Gear's immediate strategy, but she decided to just roll with it. She sneaked around the castle, getting ready to ambush Silverpine the next time he came by.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Nearby is a bush that doesn't quite belong there. It may or may not be cover for any ace reporters that could choose to hide there and watch to goings-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride-The Beach/Lake

"Hahah...the monster is on the run...what a wienie,"
    The filly jeered as she chased 'the monster' with childish glee.
    For maximum humour, Sliverpine decided that it was best to crash through the bushes like all monsters do. This obviously meant he tripped over Whadda as he tried to navigate past the bush, Indiana Jones-style. The orange colt flew through the air and planted his face straight into the sand.

"ow..."

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight was hiding in another bush nearby, waiting for a chance to make a dramatic entrance. But her plans were thrown out the window when Silverpine tripped over a bush and faceplanted, groaning in pain. Heartflight dashed out of the bush and over to him.

"Are you okay?" she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Gear had returned to the sandcastle which wasn't very far from where Silverpine had hoped to crash through. Her ears perked at the noise he made as she galloped over. She saw Heartflight, a bush with pony legs sticking out of it, and Silverpine's face planted in the sand.

Such a kodiak moment.

Admittedly, it was a funny sight. "Are you alright babe?" She asked with stifle giggles as she tried to help him up.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight was hiding in another bush nearby, waiting for a chance to make a dramatic entrance. But her plans were thrown out the window when Silverpine tripped over a bush and faceplanted, groaning in pain. Heartflight dashed out of the bush and over to him.

"Are you okay?" she asked.
    Gear had returned to the sandcastle which wasn't very far from where Silverpine had hoped to crash through. Her ears perked at the noise he made as she galloped over. She saw Heartflight, a bush with pony legs sticking out of it, and Silverpine's face planted in the sand.

Such a kodiak moment.

Admittedly, it was a funny sight. "Are you alright babe?" She asked with stifle giggles as she tried to help him up.
    "I see muffins..." he muttered from under the sand, as he felt his two forelegs being pulled by the two fillies. Cartoon logic of course then dictated that they had to pull with some considerable force before they managed to pry Sliverpine's face off the sand. The orange colt landed on his rump, his eyes swirling unhealthily.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "I see muffins..." he muttered from under the sand, as he felt his two forelegs being pulled by the two fillies. Cartoon logic of course then dictated that they had to pull with some considerable force before they managed to pry Sliverpine's face off the sand. The orange colt landed on his rump, his eyes swirling unhealthily.

"Oh my, well it looks like this monster's down for the count,"
    She giggled and naturally kissed his sandy cheek.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy, seeing the commotion, galloped over from where he had been working at the shoreline. "What's goin'-" He saw the foal-sized hole in the sand and Silverpine's derped eyes, and could make a pretty good educated guess on how the two were related.

He sat down on his haunches to bring himself to Silverpine's eye level, and gave him a brief, practiced once-over before nodding affirmatively. "Everything looks okay, just a nasty little fall. You feelin' alright?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy, seeing the commotion, galloped over from where he had been working at the shoreline. "What's goin'-" He saw the foal-sized hole in the sand and Silverpine's derped eyes, and could make a pretty good educated guess on how the two were related.

He sat down on his haunches to bring himself to Silverpine's eye level, and gave him a brief, practiced once-over before nodding affirmatively. "Everything looks okay, just a nasty little fall. You feelin' alright?"
    "S-S-Sandy?" he stammered, his eyes still spinning around like a pinball. "Why are they three of ya?" He put his forehooves in his head in an attempt to stop the world from spinning about. The colt was successful... mostly.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-10-12 at 12:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night Jewel, a bit confused by the entire situation, decided to take the clearest course of action and leapt out to ambush Sandy.

~

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    She shakes her head in response . She starts looking around, looking for any sort of landmark she'd be familiar with. She appears to notice one and starts slowly walking in that direction.
    "Hey! Wait!" Flower Tail ran to catch up, with Winterflap following somewhat reluctanty. "You can't wander off! We need to figure out what's going on!"

"Flower Tail, maybe we should let her be. She's-"

"Isn't this more important? Ponies don't normally just wake up in unfamiliar places with no idea where they are or how they got there! ...Well, foals don't, at least. Something strange must have happened."

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

"S-S-Sandy?" he stammered, his eyes still spinning around like a pinball. "Why are they three of ya?" He put his forehooves in his head in an attempt to stop the world from spinning about. The colt was successful... mostly.
    Sandy frowned, then he remembered a trick he learned back in university. He drew up some of the sand deep below the surface and fashioned it into a little slab. Since it was well below the sun's heat and below the water line, it functioned quite well as an impromptu ice pack. He floated it over to the colt and gently placed it on his head. "There, just sit tight for a few minutes and keep that in place. You'll be right as rain in-"

Night Jewel, a bit confused by the entire situation, decided to take the clearest course of action and leapt out to ambush Sandy.
    "OOF!"

The flying filly caught him completely by surprise. The impact knocked the wind out of him, sending him toppling over onto the sand. Shaking the grit from his mane, he craned his neck around to stare at the perpetrator. "If I didn't have to save my strength for beachwork, you'd be in an even bigger heap of trouble for that!" He started to try and struggle to his hooves, intent on throwing off the filly currently perched on his back if he could stand up properly first.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sandy frowned, then he remembered a trick he learned back in university. He drew up some of the sand deep below the surface and fashioned it into a little slab. Since it was well below the sun's heat and below the water line, it functioned quite well as an impromptu ice pack. He floated it over to the colt and gently placed it on his head. "There, just sit tight for a few minutes and keep that in place. You'll be right as rain in-"
    Having narrowly avoided being collided into, Scoops still tries keep hidden as she jumps to the next piece of cover. It appears it worked, or they were too busy attending to Silverpine or her ninja powers are unmatched, because they don't seem to notice.

Until another camera flash exposes the reporter to everypony in the scene.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

"OOF!"

The flying filly caught him completely by surprise. The impact knocked the wind out of him, sending him toppling over onto the sand. Shaking the grit from his mane, he craned his neck around to stare at the perpetrator. "If I didn't have to save my strength for beachwork, you'd be in an even bigger heap of trouble for that!" He started to try and struggle to his hooves, intent on throwing off the filly currently perched on his back if he could stand up properly first.
    Night Jewel chuckled. "Sorry about that, but I couldn't waste a perfectly good ambush, could I? And I can even still knock you over like when you were little!" She quickly jumped off and shook sand out of her mane and tail.

Silverpine's condition was worrying, of course, but she couldn't do much aside from try to distract herself and the others from their concern...

Having narrowly avoided being collided into, Scoops still tries keep hidden as she jumps to the next piece of cover. It appears it worked, or they were too busy attending to Silverpine or her ninja powers are unmatched, because they don't seem to notice.

Until another camera flash exposes the reporter to everypony in the scene.
    "Whoa! What the-" Night Jewel glanced around, and soon spotted the camerapony. "Oh, I see. Hello! Just so you know, no proper rat would blow their cover like that." She grinned. "Not without a good reason, at least."

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey! Wait!" Flower Tail ran to catch up, with Winterflap following somewhat reluctanty. "You can't wander off! We need to figure out what's going on!"

"Flower Tail, maybe we should let her be. She's-"

"Isn't this more important? Ponies don't normally just wake up in unfamiliar places with no idea where they are or how they got there! ...Well, foals don't, at least. Something strange must have happened."
    Sleepwalking. Auntie's Liberry this way. she says, continuing to slowly walk away.

18. - Top - End - #678

"Whoa! What the-" Night Jewel glanced around, and soon spotted the camerapony. "Oh, I see. Hello! Just so you know, no proper rat would blow their cover like that." She grinned. "Not without a good reason, at least."
    Whadda pops out from the nearby rock and slips the photo that just popped out of her Ponyroid under her hat. "Well I'm a pony, not a rat!"

She then pulls out a newspaper from a convenient saddlebag. "Since some of you adorable little things made the paper, it seems fitting you'd get a copy!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Whadda pops out from the nearby rock and slips the photo that just popped out of her Ponyroid under her hat. "Well I'm a pony, not a rat!"

She then pulls out a newspaper from a convenient saddlebag. "Since some of you adorable little things made the paper, it seems fitting you'd get a copy!"

"I do agree on the adorable part,"
    Gear comments cheekily as she deliberately puts on an air of cuteness to ham it up. She accepts a paper and quickly skims through it. She then looks at Whadda. "Hey, what do you think about interesting columns written by some of the ponies in town to spice up your paper?"

"Like me."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Gear comments cheekily as she deliberately puts on an air of cuteness to ham it up. She accepts a paper and quickly skims through it. She then looks at Whadda. "Hey, what do you think about interesting columns written by some of the ponies in town to spice up your paper?"

"Like me."
    Sliverpine seemed to have recovered most of his mental faculties at this point and shook his head vigorously to clear the remaining cobwebs. "You? Gear, I bet half of the things you do write will cause a scandal in town..." The orange colt shuddered. "The Benefits of Fruit Leather..."

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine seemed to have recovered most of his mental faculties at this point and shook his head vigorously to clear the remaining cobwebs. "You? Gear, I bet half of the things you do write will cause a scandal in town..." The orange colt shuddered. "The Benefits of Fruit Leather..."

"You wound me my sweet dispenser of hot pony kisses, BUT, there are benefits to fruit leather, they also help with your bowel movements,"
    She said all matter of factly. "Anyhoof, no I was thinking more about writing about my past adventures and places I've gone to, it would have cultural value."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy, after brushing himself off, flipped through the paper as well. The cover story caught his eye though...

"What's with this statue thing? Awful lot of denyin' for a simple treasure hunt..." He eyed the mare suspiciously. She may notice that this short stallion closely resembles one of the foals she saw singing karaoke yesterday. Especially since he was in the photo for the story.

23. - Top - End - #683

"Like me."
    "Ooh, are you an aspiring writer?" Scoops replies to the filly. Unfortunately/fortunately she hasn't heard of any of the age shenanigans going on. But the still, so cute and adorable.

Another flash goes off and captures Gear reading the paper. When Sandy speaks up, the newsmare slides over perhaps uncomfortably close with the serial murderer enthusiastic smile on her face. "Isn't it great, all the mystery and questions. A stormy night filled with questions. Going to be great printing the updates. Say, did I meet you before?"
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooh, are you an aspiring writer?" Scoops replies to the filly. Unfortunately/fortunately she hasn't heard of any of the age shenanigans going on. But the still, so cute and adorable.

Another flash goes off and captures Gear reading the paper.
    Gear doesn't seem to mind having a candid picture taken of herself, she thinks highly of her looks to consider herself photogenic. "Well not necessarily an aspiring writer but my means of income while I'm here could be better." Her inventions were more of a niche thing. It was totally different when she was out and about traveling, having a regular source of income wasn't a big need.

"But, I do have lots of adventures I would like to tell."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Another flash goes off and captures Gear reading the paper. When Sandy speaks up, the newsmare slides over perhaps uncomfortably close with the serial murderer enthusiastic smile on her face. "Isn't it great, all the mystery and questions. A stormy night filled with questions. Going to be great printing the updates. Say, did I meet you before?"
    Sandy edged away from the mare with a polite, but nervous smile. "Er, yeah, I was at karaoke last night. You took my picture, remember? Only-wait, why'd there be questions and updates if there wasn't anything goin' on?" He looked closely at the story again, as if some hidden message could be discerned from the text. "Somethin' about that statue description/picture/whatever is in the paper just doesn't sit right with me..."

26. - Top - End - #686

Sandy edged away from the mare with a polite, but nervous smile. "Er, yeah, I was at karaoke last night. You took my picture, remember? Only-wait, why'd there be questions and updates if there wasn't anything goin' on?" He looked closely at the story again, as if some hidden message could be discerned from the text. "Somethin' about that statue description/picture/whatever is in the paper just doesn't sit right with me..."

"Well it wouldn't be a mystery if everypony already knew how it got down there and stuff,"
    Scoops replies backing off a little bit so she can think on the crazy thing that came out of the stallion's mouth.

"Can you hold that thought for a second?" she asks not having any idea what thought there was to hold. The adorable little filly needs to be addressed first.

"If you want bits for sodas n stuff, I still need paperfoals! With those cute eyes the tips will roll in! The paper goes out late by most standards too, so you wouldn't even need to be up before a quarter till 5."

The reporter turns back to Sandy. "Soooooooooo, would you like to say something about the state of the beach andhowyouweresotinyyesterday?"
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

"Can you hold that thought for a second?" she asks not having any idea what thought there was to hold. The adorable little filly needs to be addressed first.

"If you want bits for sodas n stuff, I still need paperfoals! With those cute eyes the tips will roll in! The paper goes out late by most standards too, so you wouldn't even need to be up before a quarter till 5."

"Nnngggh....so is that a no on the columnist writing if you're trying to push a role of a paperfoal on me?"
    She asked with a wary eye.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Beach]

Night Jewel winked at Scoops. "I don't think you'd want to give the paperfoal job to her anyway, given that she won't fit the 'foal' part for much longer," she said. "She's going to grow up like Sandy, and so are all the others, and then I'll be the only foal in our little group for the next few years, until I grow up too while they have some foals of their own. So if you want a long-term paperfoal aside from me, you're out of luck.

"And as for the 'rat' thing... Ever heard of a metaphor? I wasn't talking about literal rodents, you know. It's one of my preferred terms for ponies like me."

[Streets]

"Sleepwalking? Well, that might explain some things. Now, what's this library?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2011-10-12 at 09:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets]

"Sleepwalking? Well, that might explain some things. Now, what's this library?"
    Auntie's home. Nice and big. Hullabaloo says, stretching her arms out to show just how big it is. Her tiny arms don't do it justice.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

"Well it wouldn't be a mystery if everypony already knew how it got down there and stuff,"
    Scoops replies backing off a little bit so she can think on the crazy thing that came out of the stallion's mouth.

The reporter turns back to Sandy. "Soooooooooo, would you like to say something about the state of the beach andhowyouweresotinyyesterday?"
    "The beach? Uh...well, she survived the storm, but there was a lot of geological damage." Sandy pointed out the damage as he slipped into a mini-lecture. "Shoreline took it the hardest, what with the waves and all, and there were some dunes that're not much more than lumps now. Nothin' that can't be fixed, and she'll recover, but it'll take me a few days of hard work before she's up and looking proper again. If I had to say one thing for the ponies readin' this, I'd tell them to stay off the dunes for a few days. Rain'll make him a mite shaky, and I don't want somepony fallin' and getting themselves hurt."

He nodded to Night Jewel. "And that's why I was so tiny the other day. Town got hit with a spell that messes with ages, so I was a foal for two days. If I wasn't, then maybe I could've prepped the beach a bit better and she wouldn't be such a sight." He shrugged, as if becoming a foal was just something that happened. Which it was in this town.

(Psst, Benson, I think we're waiting on you in All My Foals)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-12 at 09:41 PM.