New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 181: 0.55% Cooler Than The Last One!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    The ranger speaks up. "Recently, undead rising and attacks have been happening. Me and my co-workers have traced the cause to some demons. The ones who destroyed the VIGIL base. I'm working with a paladin to get some people to fight. Can you help?"
    Training Room

Uh oh. Civvy's newest friend just said the P word. She should probably have warned him about pushing the Paladin Button.

Shouldn't'a did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Training Room

Iamar grimaces and tightens her grip on her sword upon hearing the word "paladin." Yet another word for "crusader." "And do you have any plan for attacking these demons? Or is justice just going to prevail?"
    Civvy can't answer this at all, but does at least put the between-time DS away.

Kitchen

"From her home?" Iamar thinks about that for a moment. She did try and bring her culture to the Nexus, she supposed it was only fair of her to partake in the cultures of others. "I'll keep it in mind.
    Kitchen

"Great! I'm sure she wouldn't mind sharing it with someone."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Training Room

Iamar grimaces and tightens her grip on her sword upon hearing the word "paladin." Yet another word for "crusader." "And do you have any plan for attacking these demons? Or is justice just going to prevail?"
    The ranger seems to see this reaction from a mile away. "Listen, I know you don't like paladins. But, he's not out to get you, he's actually done a lot of work with chaotics. He also instantly agreed to with with HALO. And, I'm making sure that you get to fight in your own style, with your own rules." The 'P' word was said intentionally.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen ==> Training Room]
    Khaari winks, leading the cat lady to the training room. "Fight at all? I do, possibly more than is healthy." She smiles, hand brushing her sword again. "Dad can't stop me, of course. I mean, he could, but then I'd be making him stop me and thus I'd win." She eyes an innocent training dummy, then looks to Cherie with an expression that deserves to be used on more enjoyable things than what she has in mind.
    "Want to see me dismember this training-doll?"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1384

Kitchen

Iamar falls silent and looks nowhere in particular, considering the idea of sharing tea with that server. For a fraction of a second, the corners of her mouth consider turning upward, then she resumes her scowl.

Training Room

Iamar's eyebrows knit together. What in the world was a "chaotic?" "You make many assumptions about me. And about your crusader. You honestly think I care about a difference in fighting styles? What about when he declares me and all others who don't follow his god heretics?"

Schrödinger's Training Room

"I've had my fair share of scuffles. I suppose you could call me an adventurer," Cherie says, sprouting a new speech color. She looks right back at Khaari, grinning wider than before. "I very much doubt I could stop you, dear."

5. - Top - End - #1385

The ranger seems to see this reaction from a mile away. "Listen, I know you don't like paladins. But, he's not out to get you, he's actually done a lot of work with chaotics. He also instantly agreed to with with HALO. And, I'm making sure that you get to fight in your own style, with your own rules." The 'P' word was said intentionally.
    Training Room

Iamar's eyebrows knit together. What in the world was a "chaotic?" "You make many assumptions about me. And about your crusader. You honestly think I care about a difference in fighting styles? What about when he declares me and all others who don't follow his god heretics?"
    Training Room

Civvy looks back and forth between the two. This was, uh, probably not going well. She didn't really have anything to interject though, so remains quiet for a bit.

Kitchen

Iamar falls silent and looks nowhere in particular, considering the idea of sharing tea with that server. For a fraction of a second, the corners of her mouth consider turning upward, then she resumes her scowl.
    Kitchen

"Weeeeell. Thank you very much for the food! I really do appreciate it. It was quite good! But I have jobly things I have to go do. I'll see you around though, yeah?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've had my fair share of scuffles. I suppose you could call me an adventurer," Cherie says, sprouting a new speech color. She looks right back at Khaari, grinning wider than before. "I very much doubt I could stop you, dear."
    Khaari pulls out her sword. No sword should have the appearance that its lineage includes a hedge-trimmer and a reciprocating saw, that's just not... sane.
    Judging by her smile, neither is Khaari. She does something on the grip and the thing chatters to life. Over the mild din, she speaks.
    "This is an Izidakhi autosabre, postal service pattern model 2-W-80. Our postal service is just a branch of our cavalry, really. Imagine a whole battalion of these tearing across the battlefield." She giggles unhealthily, slipping into madness like someone slipping on a favorite jacket. With a far-too-fast swing, she snaps it out and across to lop the head off the training dummy.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387

Kitchen

"I'll be here. Should I make something else, you are welcome to partake." Iamar nods towards Civvy. Invitations from Iamar weren't something to be overlooked.

Cherie giggles at the display and claps, her tail standing up once more. "Goodness me, dear! I doubt I could stand up to a division of /those./" She never really understood technology and things of that ilk. She was just content with her books. "And you're so limber with it, you must have a lot of practice."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-01-12 at 07:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Room]
    Khaari slices more bits off it. "Since I was twelve. Not even with dummies, mind you---the Vulpanians had to drag me away to get me to stop hacking Selenites to bloody chili." She stands on the fallen head of the dummy, sheathing her sword after turning off its motor.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1389

Training Room

Cherie watches the hacking, laying a finger on the book strapped to her hip. "It shows. I've only seen strength like that from a few people," she says.

10. - Top - End - #1390

Kitchen

"I'll be here. Should I make something else, you are welcome to partake." Iamar nods towards Civvy. Invitations from Iamar weren't something to be overlooked.
    Kitchen

Civvy actually bowed slightly at that. "I greatly appreciate the offer. I will absolutely take you up on that as I can. Have a good daaay~" Civvy says, before she leaves. She even waits to be fully around a corner before poofing away!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Room]
    Khaari eyes the book.
    "So what do you do? Give people terrible papercuts? Read the seven flesh-unmaking words and make people's ears explode?"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392

Kitchen

Iamar takes another bite of kibbeh before falling into thought and withdrawing to her quarters.

Training Room

Cherie chuckles. "Nothing like that. Shall I show you?" She unbuckles the pouch and withdraws the book from its place. In stark contrast to Kharri's sabre, Cherie's movements convey an almost extreme fluidity and grace. She opens the book and pulls a quill from between the pages.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Training Room

"He won't. And I'm making sure of that. He works with people who don't believe what he believes all the time." Assures the ranger. "If I wanted to get you in easily, I wouldn't have said I was working with him. I'm trying to be truthful and build some trust. We're all fighting for the powers of good, and that's what should matter." He then pauses. "And he's not a crusader, he's a paladin."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Pixie in the Playground

Without a long-unfamiliar hum, a certain snow-headed demon appeared in HALO, looking for a certain short redhead. He didn't really remember his way around - actually he had forgotten most of it - but he was still pretty sure the hallways twisted in new ways and, oh hey, the fish population was back up since he had basically destroyed it. Neat!
    Okay, uh, kitchen, maybe. If he could find his way there. Oh, or maybe the work out room... or the pool... hrm.

HALOです。

15. - Top - End - #1395

Training Room

"Forgive me for not seeing the difference between two mindless soldiers who attack anyone that doesn't fit in their world." Iamar's scowl deepens. "I will not work with those who have to try to be honest with others. You are in the Nexus, find some other mindless soldier who will fight your crusade. I will not help you."

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Room

Cherie chuckles. "Nothing like that. Shall I show you?" She unbuckles the pouch and withdraws the book from its place. In stark contrast to Kharri's sabre, Cherie's movements convey an almost extreme fluidity and grace. She opens the book and pulls a quill from between the pages.
    Khaari watches her with keen interest, nodding. Jokes about the relative might of pen and sword aside, this looks like it could be very... intriguing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1397

Other Training Room

Cherie takes a deep breath, and nothing seems to happen for a few moments. Then an ever so soft glow begins to emanate from the pages of the book. It glows in intensity before Cherie thrusts it forward, at the training dummy.

In the next instant, black flames erupt all round the dummy, slowly burning it to ash.

She turns towards Khaari. "It's not a complete demonstration of my magic, not by any means. But I think it's suitable as a little taste of it."

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Bugbear in the Playground

The resident High Grump Lord is currently floating above sea level, roughly straight above the base, looking at... Something apparently while pointing his index finger up into the sky. He looks back over his shoulder and shouts.

PULL!

A strange pinkish monstrosity with limbs sticking out at odd angles gets launched into the air from behind Grant forming an arc. After letting the creature fly for a moment Grant releases a bolt of fiery death that struck the creature and exploded in blue fire.

Bye, bubblegum!

Grant calls out cheerily as he turns back towards Salvy who had been assisting by launching the creature into the air.

Good throw. Let's go home.

On the way home the pair picked up an unhealthy amount of candy and had since retired to the training room where Grant was busy lifting heavy things as he normally did and Salvy was busy eating her candy.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    On the way home the pair picked up an unhealthy amount of candy and had since retired to the training room where Grant was busy lifting heavy things as he normally did and Salvy was busy eating her candy.
    Esmock wandered past the training room, then spotted it and wondered if the gym or some equivalent would be nearby, since that was on his to-check list. He poked his head in, frowned in contemplation when he didn't see Dani, and then knit his brows when he spotted Grant. Grant seemed familiar, and the demon simply could not place why.
    Something something... blasted against a wall... after attacking... oh snap, was that after Esmock had attacked Kwen? Well how 'bout that! Good times!
    Esmock withdrew his head and went looking in a different direction.

HALOです。

20. - Top - End - #1400

And then... Grant smelled him.

I smell... Demons... I smell.. SCUM. I SMELL... SOCIAL ACTIVITY!!

He takes off after Esmock.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Pixie in the Playground

Esmock picked up the pace! Although he made it here from his home dimension, he couldn't teleport like he used to, so he was stuck bookin' it on foot and was unlikely to outpace Grant, and knew that, so he just braced himself and hoped maybe the halls were confusing enough that Grant would lose his trail.

HALOです。

22. - Top - End - #1402

Well considering Grant has spent a fairly decent chunk of his life here, losing him in HALO is unlikely.

Minemineminemineminemineminemineminemine.

Taking a hard turn and skidding around a corner and appearing from a side hallway in front of Esmock.

Mine.

Uh.

Hi.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Pixie in the Playground

Esmock heard the repeating chant and wondered if he was in trouble already. That would be a new record even for him.

Grant would skid out in front of the demon and find him with a surprised, mostly unnerved and confused expression. His body language was stiff and his tail was flat. "Hi?"

HALOです。

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Other Training Room

Cherie takes a deep breath, and nothing seems to happen for a few moments. Then an ever so soft glow begins to emanate from the pages of the book. It glows in intensity before Cherie thrusts it forward, at the training dummy.

In the next instant, black flames erupt all round the dummy, slowly burning it to ash.

She turns towards Khaari. "It's not a complete demonstration of my magic, not by any means. But I think it's suitable as a little taste of it."
    Khaari raises an eyebrow. "Not too bad for nerd fare. Black flames is a good touch." She smiles, cricking her neck.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405

Other Training Room

"I have other, more high-impact ways of fighting as well. This just happens to be my favorite," Cherie says. "I admit my grimoire isn't as visually as impressive as your sabre, but I'm capable of holding my weight."

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

Other Training Room

"I have other, more high-impact ways of fighting as well. This just happens to be my favorite," Cherie says. "I admit my grimoire isn't as visually as impressive as your sabre, but I'm capable of holding my weight."
    Khaari tilts her head.
    "Are any of the other ways... well, dismembery? I may be culturally biased, but I rather need there to be blood flying and hunks of flesh thrown about for it to feel like a proper event."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407

Other Training Room

Cherie giggles a little. "Well of course, dear. Any adventurer worth their salt likely has some way of cutting someone apart."

"Why? Do you wish to test yourself against me?" The meaning behind that question is debateable, especially since it comes with Cherie's twinkling gaze straight at Khaari.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-01-15 at 08:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Training Room

"Forgive me for not seeing the difference between two mindless soldiers who attack anyone that doesn't fit in their world." Iamar's scowl deepens. "I will not work with those who have to try to be honest with others. You are in the Nexus, find some other mindless soldier who will fight your crusade. I will not help you."
    "Okay. Fine then. I'll just make sure the masses know that HALO has condemned them to a horrible death and their souls will probably be taken by these demons. I'll be off then. And don't assume that everyone else is a mindless brute like you. Some people are different." He starts walking away.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Other Training Room

Cherie giggles a little. "Well of course, dear. Any adventurer worth their salt likely has some way of cutting someone apart."

"Why? Do you wish to test yourself against me?" The meaning behind that question is debateable, especially since it comes with Cherie's twinkling gaze straight at Khaari.
    She shakes her head, smiling. "Not yet, at least---I don't know you quite well enough for that, nor do I have the requisite dislike to want to attack you with an edged weapon. I would like to show you around, though."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410

Training Room

"Okay. Fine then. I'll just make sure the masses know that HALO has condemned them to a horrible death and their souls will probably be taken by these demons. I'll be off then. And don't assume that everyone else is a mindless brute like you. Some people are different." He starts walking away.
    Civvy blinks a few times. That was . . . uh. That was unexpected. With kind of an unsure shrug to Iamar, she jogs off after the ranger. "Thaaat was not nice." She informs him upon catching up to him. "First off, Iamar is not 'all of HALO', she's not a 'mindless brute' either. She's rather a nice person. You just happened to have said the one thing you shouldn't have.
    Second, that was straight up abusive of you. That was hurtful, rude, and nothing more than a ploy to try to guilt her into helping, and I don't think you're very nice at all for doing that!"
    That is also probably the meanest thing Civvy has said to anyone. Ever. She's quite upset. "And I want you to go apologize to her right now." Civvy demands, stomping her foot slightly.
    Show