New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

The men in the inn watch Edgar, then Mary, then Edgar again, turning their heads back and forth like the crowd at a tennis match.

"I think you're on a bit of a fishing expedition" Mary says.

"I think you're wondering whether you should help me or hang me."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Thomas

Eh!? If they had nothing to hide, they wouldn't be talking like this... Maybe Edgar's onto something after all... He steps away from the door, moving a little closer in, positioning himself just in case...

3. - Top - End - #813
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Well...I'll certainly help you. I don't think you've done anything wrong. But I'm just puzzled why you don't want to ans...A-A-Tchoo!...Oh! answer my questions."
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-11-24 at 10:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #814

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    "Well...I'll certainly help you. I don't think you've done anything wrong.
    "So you're not accusing us of anything, and this is just...an informal chat?" Mary says. The last three words drip with cynicism.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Never mind..." Edgar turns and leaves the tavern to rejoin his companions.

6. - Top - End - #816

Thomas

Breathes a sigh of relief. So, ready to go to Karth now?

7. - Top - End - #817
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar nods "Yes, Karth then..." But! Once he's well clear of the tavern he has a word with Marcado. "What's this about a temple in the distance, and the other things you mentioned?"

8. - Top - End - #818

SwashbucklerGuy

You leave the village, with the sounds of an argument building behind you.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Bugbear in the Playground

Altair

"I'm sure they'll calm down by the time we get back..."

10. - Top - End - #820

Thomas

I hope so. After that scene, I wonder if we'll ever be allowed back... Shakes his head. No matter, what's done is done. Let's just figure out how we'll get past this wall.

11. - Top - End - #821

SwashbucklerGuy

A tumbleweed rolls across the plain as you consider where to go next.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Steve View Post
    A tumbleweed rolls across the plain as you consider where to go next.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I attack the tumbleweed! Rolling for initiative... (just kidding...sorry, in a weird mood today)
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-11-30 at 10:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Edgar nods "Yes, Karth then..." But! Once he's well clear of the tavern he has a word with Marcado. "What's this about a temple in the distance, and the other things you mentioned?"

Marcado, reviews with his companions a few of the sights he was able to see while up in the great tree.

"Well, the temple that I saw was quite intriguing. I'm not sure why, but I found myself drawn to it."
    he recounts.

"Also, there are others out there moving through the desert. Maybe they too are traveling to the wall...maybe not." he continues.

"And lastly, along with the great walls of Karsh, there are some other structures out there. I wonder if they are the make up of another small town or village....(for us to disrupt)." he finishes...the last bit he somewhat ashamedly thinks to himself.

"So, should we head straight for the great walls, or do you think a stop in that cluster of buildings is worth anything? I'm not sure how far it is, but we may need a rest by then too. Either way, I'd suggest we make haste, as we may find the sands of this desert a bit more trying than the streets of this village we are leaving."

14. - Top - End - #824

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Marcado, reviews with his companions a few of the sights he was able to see while up in the great tree.

"Well, the temple that I saw was quite intriguing. I'm not sure why, but I found myself drawn to it."
    he recounts.

"Also, there are others out there moving through the desert. Maybe they too are traveling to the wall...maybe not." he continues.

"And lastly, along with the great walls of Karsh, there are some other structures out there. I wonder if they are the make up of another small town or village....(for us to disrupt)." he finishes...the last bit he somewhat ashamedly thinks to himself.

"So, should we head straight for the great walls, or do you think a stop in that cluster of buildings is worth anything? I'm not sure how far it is, but we may need a rest by then too. Either way, I'd suggest we make haste, as we may find the sands of this desert a bit more trying than the streets of this village we are leaving."

[the temple is the one in the village.

the two sets of structures are seperate - they'd be seperate towns if they were towns. There was also what looked like a group of people]

15. - Top - End - #825
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

[the temple is the one in the village.]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cool, I kinda figured as much, but wasn't totally sure. I asked, the first time I posted my findings to the group, if anyone had seen the temple yet, but I don't recall any responses...at least no responses to Marcado in regards to his questioning. In other words, I don't think he (Marcado) knew if anyone in the group checked out the temple or not.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification, making sure that there wasn't another temple out in the desert.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-11-30 at 02:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

Thomas

That wall, sitting over there... it's like it's teasing us. Let's go and have a closer look at it, eh?

17. - Top - End - #827
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar snuffles "Let's all take one last look through that temple...I-A-A-Tchoo! Oh!...Something's not right here...if together we don't find anything I'll readily to go to Karth. I've just got a hunch..."

18. - Top - End - #828

Thomas

Hmm... okay, why not? I guess the wall isn't going anywhere. The smile returns to his face, now eager at the prospect of some excitement.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

"I'm game, but I think we should wait until nightfall to give us some cover."

[OOC] Where is Billy, did he follow us during all this?

20. - Top - End - #830

SwashbucklerGuy

Billy followed you to the pub but, unusually, kept quiet. He's with you now.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-12-02 at 02:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey folks, I will probably not get a chance to post much in the next few days. Sadly my Father-in-Law has passed away, after a very tough 2 month battle. I will not go into detail, but just wanted to let you know, if I am not online much this week, that's why.

I know that these PbP games are usually ok with those time lapses, as we have already had some in our game already (some by me), but I do apologize for any delay I may cause.

Jolly Steve: please RP Marcado, if need be while I am away. You will not upset me at all in any actions taken.

I may still be active here this week, anyway, cuz sometimes even in tough personal times, a person needs an outlet. So, if time permits and I need to let my mind go from RL for a bit, I may just jump back in here anyway.

Ok, well...carry on. I will not be too long, regardless.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-12-04 at 12:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey folks, I'm back to a little more normality around the house here. Heavy hearts still, but we carry on.

Thanks for understanding.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-12-07 at 09:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

[Hey mate, best wishes to you and your family. No worries at all]

Edgar snuffles "Let's get in there now, I can't think of a place to wait round till tonight...If there is any trouble, well...it'll only help solve this mystery."

He heads off to the temple to try and search the place again.

24. - Top - End - #834

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar finds the temple apparently unchanged, and with nothing abnormal about it (other than the graveyard).

A man runs out of the pub, as the sounds of argument continue.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar strolls back to the pub again, and waits outside trying to hear what they are arguing about.

26. - Top - End - #836

SwashbucklerGuy

[OK - what's everyone else doing while Edgar is doing this? Remember that Billy is still with you.]

27. - Top - End - #837
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Altair is anxious to get to the wall. How many people are still playing?]

28. - Top - End - #838
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Marcado is ready to head to the wall, but is not going to leave Edgar behind. He is probably midway between Edgar and the rest of the group, unless they have all followed to some degree too.
    "What's going on over there, Edgar?" Marcado asks.

"Maybe we should just let them be and get on our way to the wall. There is quite a bit of sand to cross out there, from what I saw." he continues.

"Did you find anything of interest in the temple?" he probes. "I'm still not sure why, but I sure felt a pull to that place, while I was having a look around."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if this is asking too much, but am I supposed to know anything more of why my gaze lingered on the village temple?
    You look over the roofs of the village. All seems normal. For some reason, your gaze lingers on the village temple.
    I ask because a number of the group are really chomping at the bit to hit the road, but Edgar has been to the temple twice and found nothing...just sorta checking here. I guess I could waltz Marcado over there, since his gaze was lingering....dunno...

29. - Top - End - #839

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    [spoiler]Sorry if this is asking too much, but am I supposed to know anything more of why my gaze lingered on the village temple?
    [Sorry folks...because of the lack of graves in the graveyard]

30. - Top - End - #840

SwashbucklerGuy

[I'll be off the internet until Friday, due to a problem with my phone connection (using my friend's connection at the moment)]