New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

Phineas runs into the water a few feet, then dives, surfacing next to Aeia. He grins as she splashes him, shaking the water out of his hair. He splashes water at her in retaliation, then springs backward and disappears beneath the waves. Almost instantly he is up again, looking curiously at Aeia.
    "Can you swim? Or breathing, can you breathe underwater?" He's still not very knowledgeable about dryads.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Oh no! Moff 4 will have to work the sunscreen in between and around the wings. How horrible for him! And he has a hawt catboy on one side and a hawt angel on the other too!

Moff 103 huffs at Phineas. "There are children here!" Theoretically at least. There don't appear to be any children around at present, but children could arrive at any time! Not that Moff cares about nasty little human larvae. Cloning is a much more sensible means of reproduction! It's just a convenient excuse to try to get the naked girl less so.

Moff 101's player realizes she knows almost nothing about surfing, so Moff will be equally ignorant. "There are surf boards over there." Moff says, pointing at the surfboard rental place. "And I guess we just run out into the water in slow motion or something and wait for awesome waves to happen."

Moff 102 points to Haruki, the white haired angel who is getting sunscreen put on his back. "That's him. And the drinks hut is there." *point point*

Moff 104 meeps as his shorts are tugged on, and once he sees who is, quickly tugs his shorts away. "Er... I don't really swing that way, if that's what Skaan means." Because obviously she was trying to pull his shorts off with that tug! It's a perfectly logical conclusion to make (in Moff world).
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Beach

Ulfeg walks over to the hut Ach! The Moffy lookin feller said this is where I can get me free ale bu' 'e neglected ta give me a wristband.... Help a feller out? he asks Dionysius An' could ya put it in a coconut wif' one 'a them fanceh little umbrellers?
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

4. - Top - End - #634
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside

"I can do that!" Romeo says, "but do we have to run to the surfboard place in slow motion or do we just save that for the water?" He'll walk with Moff to the rental place, or slow-run, whichever.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-04-07 at 08:47 AM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Since Slii is away for the weekend and said Dio could be godmodded, the God of Wine is happy to make Ulfeg a drink. Fine dwarven ale in a coconut with a little umbrella coming right up!

Moff scratches his head. "I'm not sure, but it's probably safest if we do."

Dramatic beach running! The speakers even change to playing Chariots of Fire so everyone knows to turn and look at Moff and Romeo!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    [Beachside]

Phineas runs into the water a few feet, then dives, surfacing next to Aeia. He grins as she splashes him, shaking the water out of his hair. He splashes water at her in retaliation, then springs backward and disappears beneath the waves. Almost instantly he is up again, looking curiously at Aeia.
    "Can you swim? Or breathing, can you breathe underwater?" He's still not very knowledgeable about dryads.
    Aeia sqeals and giggles, recoiling backward a couple steps. She sends another splash his way and shakes her head. "I'm not a fish you know. The deepest water I've been in only covered my feet." Swimming is right out.

7. - Top - End - #637

GnomeWizardGuy

[Beachside]

Ulfeg downs the drink and takes a big bite out of the coconut. Bit cruncheh fer my tastes.... he mutters, setting the coconut down. He immediately tromps off to sculpt Haruki. By the time he's done there's a twelve foot long sculpture of him with wings unfurled looking like he's flying close to the ground. The wings are slightly larger than Haruki's are on him and they seemingly defy gravity, unfurling to a nearly seven foot wingspan. There it goes, there it be, there it is. he flashes a wide smile and brushes some of the sand off his head and shoulders.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #638

Beachside

Romeo certainly has the hair for it.

With his every step sand, kicks from beneath his feet. His arms pump to keep his momentum. His long black hair bounces with each step, wildly flailing in the wind as he runs.

When the destination is reached he stops to catch his breath. "Slo-mo is a lot more tiring than it looks. How do lifeguards do it all the time?"

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Moff 104 meeps as his shorts are tugged on, and once he sees who is, quickly tugs his shorts away. "Er... I don't really swing that way, if that's what Skaan means." Because obviously she was trying to pull his shorts off with that tug! It's a perfectly logical conclusion to make (in Moff world).
    Beachside

Skaan seems somewhat... confused. She normally at least mostly understands what people are saying, but in this particular instance she has a hard time grasping the idea of how someone could 'swing'. She gurgles softly in deliberation for a few short moments, before raising up one of her claw-hands. With a tilt of the head and a twitch of her antennae, Skaan points at the Moff, and then at other, passing Moffs... and then back at Moff again. The crab-girl's head tilts back the other direction, with expression of minor confusion.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Orc in the Playground

[Beachside]

Phineas looks at Aeia in surprise. "Oh, really? In that case, I should teach you to swim sometime. It makes this even more fun." He speaks the truth.
    He grins and disappears beneath the surface, only a faint trail of bubbles marking his location. Being able to hold your breath is another under appreciated skill. He bursts out of the water directly in front of Aeia, showering droplets at her.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

The trail of bubbles as well as the water being transparent, right?

Aeia backs away slowly from him as he approaches, the water's up to her rib cage by now. He'll still catch her though, and when he bursts out of the water she recoils backward, laughing. She keeps falling back, and plunges right into the water. She flounders a bit, and it takes her a moment to figure out how to get to her feet.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Moff 4

Between Ruki and Butler, applying sunscreen to the angel.

Moff 101

101 trips during his slow running. Twice. "Oh gawds, I have no idea." He looks over the surfboards before picking a red one with yellow stripes.

Moff 102

"Woah, that looks brill." Moff 102 pokes one of the wings of the sand statue. *poke*

Moff 103

Finds himself with nothing to do, so he decides to ogle the hawt guys. *ogles*

Moff 104

"Oh, there's just a lot of me, that's all. Accident with a cloning machine and an eldritch realm of madness and horror."
    Moff 104 says to Skaan.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #643

GnomeWizardGuy

[Beachside]
    Moff leaves a fingerprint in the wing.
    Ach! Dun do that! I dunnae 'ow much poking' an' proddin' it'll take afore the whole thinga goes POOF! he attempts to pull Moff away but looses his footing in the sand, possibly pulling Moff on top of him.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

14. - Top - End - #644

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Less Somewhere, Soon]

"Oh hey, there's a...shindig? Hubbabaloo? down there at the beach. I think you know some of them."
    Libby points in the direction of the beach, completely forgetting about Cthulhu.
    Maybe it's the alcohol in her, seeking to move towards socializing and possibly more drinks.
    Above AMEN, Earlier

Magtok shrugs. "Well I suppose we could check that out first."

And so they do!

Beachside - Now

FWOOSH!

A paddleboat glides through the air, swooping down in a way that paddleboats really ought not do, considering that they're supposed to be preposterously slow boats, and not hovercrafts or anything like them. There's two aboard, both wearing robes that probably aren't what anyone would consider to be anything remotely close to proper beach attire anywhere.

"Speaking of parties, I don't think I ever thanked you for that MagCave one. I know it was kinda inadvertent and all, but...and I mean, you probably don't want me to bring her up, but that was the last time I ever got to see E-Is that person naked?"

What shamelessness! Such crass immaturity and skanky attention-grabbing skankiness! What kind of woman does that at a party? A party that, as far as Magtok can tell, is being run by the very openly gay Moff brigade?!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-07 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside!]
    Whoo, parties!

Well, Magtok has offered a very good excuse to dodge the subject he was about to bring up, so let's hop right on top of that!

Libby looks off with vague interest at the cyborg's exclamation.
    "Oh dear, is it that kind of party? I suppose it is just as well we dressed lightly then, yes?"
    Complicated clothing would be much harder to dispose of, should the need arise.

The reaper plucks at her robe a bit before looking around again.
    "I must say, it's nice that others see these clothey things as silly too..."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #646

Romeo picks himself a nice looking yellow board. "On the count of three?" he says holding his board and getting ready to run again. Hope slow mo doesnt take too much out of them.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #647
    Halfling in the Playground

Beachside

A young, dark-skinned lady approaches the bar here, looking around at the others present. A party, maybe? Since when was this a nude beach?

Fettina sets her arms on the bar and raises her brows at Dionysus, smiling a wry little smile. She's dressed in a one-piece bathing suit beneath a thin, apple-red sundress. "Is this the place where you can get free drinks?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #648
    Orc in the Playground

[Beachside]

Phineas laughs, offering a hand to help Aeia up from the water. His smile fades as he sees the flying paddleboat, and he watches it with an expression of incredulity. Some forms of magic are strange even to Phineas, it seems.
    However, as it gets closer and the figures on board become apparent, his face darkens. He has a very good sense of character, and the robed Lord makes him wary for some reason. He almost snarls at the pair, but catches himself and breathes slowly. A rather feral reaction for someone as eloquent as Phineas.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Beachside

Moff 104

"Oh, there's just a lot of me, that's all. Accident with a cloning machine and an eldritch realm of madness and horror."
    Moff 104 says to Skaan.
    Beachside

Skaan doesn't really understand the idea of clones, but she at least understands that there are a lot of Moffs for some reason. She seems to accept this, looking down for a moment in thought. Her big, black eyes look back up towards the Moff again in short order.

"Skaan." She seems to be reaching up to give him something. What is this?

Oh, it's a bit of driftwood. How odd. It doesn't do anything, it's just some smooth, sand-covered wood. Still, the crab-girl figures that people like gifts, even if she hasn't quite understood the concept of gift-giving past the "giving" part.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    [Beachside]

Phineas laughs, offering a hand to help Aeia up from the water. His smile fades as he sees the flying paddleboat, and he watches it with an expression of incredulity. Some forms of magic are strange even to Phineas, it seems.
    However, as it gets closer and the figures on board become apparent, his face darkens. He has a very good sense of character, and the robed Lord makes him wary for some reason. He almost snarls at the pair, but catches himself and breathes slowly. A rather feral reaction for someone as eloquent as Phineas.
    Aeia pulls herself up on Phineas' arm, sputtering and coughing all the while. Salt water is unpleasant. She wipes the bulk of the water off her face, and her eye wander in the same direction Phineas is looking. "What's wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Beachside

A young, dark-skinned lady approaches the bar here, looking around at the others present. A party, maybe? Since when was this a nude beach?

Fettina sets her arms on the bar and raises her brows at Dionysus, smiling a wry little smile. She's dressed in a one-piece bathing suit beneath a thin, apple-red sundress. "Is this the place where you can get free drinks?"
    Meanwhile, someone who's actually on the invite list shows up! Kirk leans on the bar next to Fettina and casually says. "If not I'll cover hers for the day." He only then turns his head to give Fettina a wide smile. The drow is actually not wearing his suit for once, and has instead replaced it with a pair of loose, red swimming trunks. "Long time no see."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-08 at 10:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Moff 4

Moff 4 pokes Haruki. "Hey, look at that sand statue somebody made of you. Pretty neat!"

Moff 101

"Um, I'm going to go with regular running."
    He takes off for the water with his surfboard and gets as far as to where the waves are breaking before getting smacked with a wave and knocked underwater.

Moff 102

"Gah!" He's on top of an ugly dwarf!

Moff quickly rolls off. He's shallow that way. Had Ulfeg been attractive, he might have been a little less hasty

Moff 103

Moff 103 sees the paddleboat and waves to Magtok. "Hey, it's the Tinman!"

Moff 104

Moff 104 takes the driftwood, looks it over. "So, you can't talk?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #652

GnomeWizardGuy

Beachside

Ach! I've got a human on meh! Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff! when Moff rolls off Ulfeg kips up and heads to the bar. Anotha mug o' liquid inspiration if ya would. he says to Dionysus
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #653

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Beachside!]
    Whoo, parties!

Well, Magtok has offered a very good excuse to dodge the subject he was about to bring up, so let's hop right on top of that!

Libby looks off with vague interest at the cyborg's exclamation.
    "Oh dear, is it that kind of party? I suppose it is just as well we dressed lightly then, yes?"
    Complicated clothing would be much harder to dispose of, should the need arise.

The reaper plucks at her robe a bit before looking around again.
    "I must say, it's nice that others see these clothey things as silly too..."
    Beachside

Magtok nods absentmindedly and waves in Moff's general direction, his attention elsewhere at the moment. He's vaguely intrigued by the dark look he got from that stranger down below. The one hanging out with the shamelessly skanky skank girl, that is. Just who is that fellow, and why can't Magtok seem to remember doing anything to the guy that would merit such an expression?

"Just as well, ye-wait, what?"

Hold on, what did Libby say? And on a similar note, just what was she implying in what she said?! What is the catgirl grim reaper person up to, and why is Magtok's paranoia flaring up like some sort of massive, all-devouring inferno?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Libby is momentarily distracted by the sudden awareness of "Oh, Dionysus is here. Wait, Dionysus is here."

The reaper glances around for that bottle of wine Magtok and herself had acquired and stares at it reeeeeeally hard for a moment.
    Frowning, she moves it into a spot where it's less likely to be noticed by anyone.

Namely a certain wine god she suspects originally owned it.

As for probably more immediately interesting matters, a little wave is offered to Moff 103 (since Maggy's paying only cursory attention, might as well make them seem friendlier!), before she plucks at her robe again.
    "I guess we can just leave them in the boat?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #655

Moff 101

"Works for me," Romeo says as he dashes to the water. He manages to make it to the water at least. When trying to get on his board, it quickly flips over on him.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #656

Beachside

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Meanwhile, someone who's actually on the invite list shows up! Kirk leans on the bar next to Fettina and casually says. "If not I'll cover hers for the day." He only then turns his head to give Fettina a wide smile. The drow is actually not wearing his suit for once, and has instead replaced it with a pair of loose, red swimming trunks. "Long time no see."
    Tina's eyes widen marginally. She's pleasantly surprised, it would seem. The musician smiles broadly at Kirk. "Kirk! What're you doing here?" she asks, leaning on the bar. "I haven't seen you since that night at the Den."

I don't believe Kirk's ever seen Tina without her augmented flesh.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-08 at 04:55 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside - Bar]

Actually he has. At the aforementioned night at the Den in fact. *nodnod*

"I was one the invite list actually, but apparently this thing is more open than I'd expected." Kirk brandishes his wrist band that I assume he received. "It has been too long, though. What have you been up to?"

28. - Top - End - #658

[Beachside - Bar]

That's right, I remember now.

Since Dionysus is currently deadtimed, Tina turns her back to lean against the bar, propping her arms up. "So it is a party," Tina knows one when she sees it. She glances around at the others. "Doesn't really seem like your kinda scene, though."

At the question, she perks up and turns to smirk at him brightly. "Spending money, mostly. Now I know what it's like being rich." She shrugs. "I've been busy, though. Naitiri's been bugging me about the clinic we're opening soon."

"How about you?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-08 at 06:00 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #659

Beachside

"No need, I'm covering everyone's expenses out of the goodness of my own shriveled heart. Enjoy, madame et messir-dorf." Dio, having shaken himself free from Easter-related-npc-deadtime, pours, mixes and stirs a selection of drinks for Fettina, Kirk, Ulgef, and anyone else who's nearby and seems thirsty. Keep that liquid loosener flowing Dio, that's all you're good for here.

Although, he does sense a goddess nearby, specifically from that curious craft hovering up above. A wonderful opportunity has arisen, it seems.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #660

Beachside

"Wait, leave what in the boat? What are we leaving? The wine? A magma crab? Some other third thing? What's going on?"

Magtok's simmering fear is just starting to show in his tone. Oh gods, something is happening, and he doesn't know what it is! He's completely and totally unprepared! Ignorant, vulnerable, and entirely helpless! Aaaaagh!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson