New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    There is still a chance for defense, and alternatively there are the second chance options. Going as rebel lord to reclaim it or go out to colonize, or restart with an entirely new region. If you don't go with that last option, your secret action for this turn could be very, very important.
    I would have gone with that, but... Bleh. Turns out my subscriptions became nonexistent. Again. So... Yeah. Between that and my having a terrible memory meaning I didn't actually remember to PM Rain Dragon that I would be coming back (as for a bit there I wasn't sure, due to being upset with Ark, though that's resolved now), I'm guessing that I'm dead now?

*heads off to find and check the IC*
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-03-03 at 10:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
    @ wombat: my corrected stats are in my post, i went through the IC thread and found all the stat change posts.
    @ elemental: Yes, his name is Herzog. I needed something german sounding and that was the first thing that came to mind. and yes, it also means duke. I realized that two days in, but liked the name anyway.
    I just review all of your increases, and I have

Round 1 - +1 Dip,
    Round 2 - +1 Dip. +1 Faith
    Round 3 - +2 Cur,
    Round 4 - +2 Cur,
    Round 5 - +1 Cur, +1 Faith
    Round 6 - You'll be getting - +1 Dip, as your curiosity is maxed out at 10.

So you should have:

D: 4
    M: 4
    C: 10
    F: 6
    L: 3
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Dwarf in the Playground

but... but... the extra 1 is for keeping score

I'll change it when i add 16b
    Last edited by Arutha; 2014-03-03 at 10:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
    Yes, his name is Herzog. I needed something german sounding and that was the first thing that came to mind. and yes, it also means duke. I realized that two days in, but liked the name anyway.
    Well there are some English people named Duke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    It can be when it blinds you to the fact that other people might think the word makes a good name.
    Also, please note everyone, my knowledge of German isn't anywhere near that level, I just know random facts.

Alrighty then. I'm glad we sorted this out before I accidentally referred to "His Grace, Cardion, Duke of Pryonia".
    I wasn't entirely serious, but well... It has also happened to me before. Hey, knowing random facts is cool. It's helped me many times before.

You know, just having a look at the exchange between Nyallana and Shirokinu that could potentially be the least of your problems... Admittedly Shirokinu isn't really a very good diplomat, but y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I would have gone with that, but... Bleh. Turns out my subscriptions became nonexistent. Again. So... Yeah. Between that and my having a terrible memory meaning I didn't actually remember to PM Rain Dragon that I would be coming back (as for a bit there I wasn't sure, due to being upset with Ark, though that's resolved now), I'm guessing that I'm dead now?

Nope. You have one turn! I'm not sure that we can get our army to you this turn though. You may have to rely on other people.

EDIT - Weird adjectives.
    EDIT - There is still rebel leader Second Chance until Heartwaste is reclaimed 「maybe...」
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-03 at 11:03 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

That would equate to 'I'm dead', then. 'Cause I don't have any other people, remember? I'm not officially allied to anyone else, and the only ones I'm friendly with are Lyradis, who won't be getting themselves killed too, and the Union of the North, who are way too far away.

Sorry if I come off a bit harshly. Not in the best of moods at the moment, for personal reasons unrelated to the game.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    (also morph, what is the current ruling for how we are doing the new rulers in the inheritance tactic?)
    Unrelated rulers you mean? Those work like new players' first rulers, so assigning stats rather than rolling in order, with two +1s to assign.

In any case, I have writing to get to, but it's my birthday so I'm going to slack off more than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Really? Huh. My birthday was yesterday, but I don't usually share that on the internet.
    Happy [early/belated] birthday to ye both!

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    Let's get this out in the open, though: Tychris/Sympol, Arkhosia/(Eyrecradia...?) and RainDragon/Sanctuary are the people with the Spycicles, correct?
    What do Spycicles have to do with it? (Admittably, I only know they're a TF2 Spy item, that's all.)

Not yet, but you lack forces to fight with, unless Eyrecradia provides them and Guilder is distracted enough. There's an alternate solution that I'll PM Arkhosia, as I assume you might be full.

I don't always provide tactics to players, but when I do, it's so that players can stay in the game.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-03 at 11:08 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

That would equate to 'I'm dead', then. 'Cause I don't have any other people, remember? I'm not officially allied to anyone else, and the only ones I'm friendly with are Lyradis, who won't be getting themselves killed too, and the Union of the North, who are way too far away.

Sorry if I come off a bit harshly. Not in the best of moods at the moment, for personal reasons unrelated to the game.
    Awww...

I'm sure we can sort out something.

What do Spycicles have to do with it? (Admittably, I only know they're a TF2 Spy item, that's all.)
    They're really /cool/ spy knives.

What I got was we're the ones holding the backstabby knives. If there was further meaning, I missed it.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably, yeah.

I dunno. Guess I could go rebel, but I'm confused as to how that works...? I mean, army size is a function of population in this, so. It seems like I'd be pretty much doomed to failure, especially with not (as I recall) being able to increase my stats.

Not yet, but you lack forces to fight with, unless Eyrecradia provides them and Guilder is distracted enough. There's an alternate solution that I'll PM Arkhosia, as I assume you might be full.

I don't always provide tactics to players, but when I do, it's so that players can stay in the game.
    Actually, I do have room, for once.

*assumes attempting to use my actions to raise people would be silly*

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 6 Stats!

Gunung - +1 Curiosity, New Ruler - Topiltzin!

Celero - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity, +1 Luck

Kasumor - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity, New Ruler - Nyllana Earthguard!

The Heartwaste - Inactive for 1 Round! Attacked by Guilder!

Eyrecradia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military.

Ignato Empire - +2 Diplomacy, New Ruler - Olwyt Ignato!

Calorum - +1 Military, New Ruler - High Priest Vilindrae Divinorum!

Genivana - +1 Luck!

Hrathan-Tuor - Inactive for 1 Round!

Raaneka - +2 Curiosity.

Qarimos - Inactive for 1 Round!

Lyradis- +1 Military, +1 Curiosity, Made Grains a [Great] resource!

Razdis - +2 Curiosity

Guilder - +1 Military, +1 Diplomacy, +1 Luck

Keldagrim - Inactive for 2 Rounds!

Pryonia - +1 Diplomacy.

Empire of Santuary - +2 Military, New Ruler - Elder Ambvard!

Sympolemou - +2 Curiosity.

Domhan Abhaile - Inactive for 1 Round!

Bordeux - +1 Curiosity. Add Region 40 - Solus!

Sulvan's Fury - Inactive for 4 Rounds! In Danger of Default!

Kingdom of Ashenia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity, New Ruler - Princess Idrisa!

Crima - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

Tar - Inactive for 2 Rounds!

The Jeweled Cities - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity. New Ruler - Amber Grant!

Scla' Ca - +2 Faith

Alydaxis - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

Grmanhil - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity

United Lacertian Dominion - +1 Military, +1 Faith

All except Sulvan's Fury, Keldagrim, Qarimos, Hrathan-Tuor, The Heartwaste, Domhan Abhaile and Tar get +1 to Active Rounds.

Previous Round Increases:
    Round 1
    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 4
    Round 5
    Round 6
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-06 at 07:41 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Dwarf in the Playground

And I'm done, so ya'll can take a look at my second region, Galie-Noiret. its cool, but I'm not quite sure if its all kosher.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome! back...

You didn't come off harshly to me. Sorry about all this... and especially about your personal stuff. Hope it gets resolved soon?

Unrelated rulers you mean? Those work like new players' first rulers, so assigning stats rather than rolling in order, with two +1s to assign.

Spycicles mostly because it seems to be the spy weapon that annoys me most.

Probably, yeah.

I dunno. Guess I could go rebel, but I'm confused as to how that works...? I mean, army size is a function of population in this, so. It seems like I'd be pretty much doomed to failure, especially with not (as I recall) being able to increase my stats.

Hey, C'nor... I'd rather not hurt anyone else if I can avoid it... care to talk out a solution? The idea I had was similar to the PM I sent you last round, if you'd care to reply/talk through that?
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: ACTIONS/OOC
    Show
    5. [Military] Military 10 Action: Winning Tactic, shallow water (coasts, rivers, lakes, etc)

Not entirely sure how to interpret this, considering Shallow Water isn't on the list of Winning Tactics. Do you mean Coasts? Because that implies:

1. Having Ships

and

2. Having a Coast nearby to attack with

Zargim is surrounded by land at all sides, and unless you are air dropping ships into the water spring, I am not sure this action actually works.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Show
    5. [Military] Military 10 Action: Winning Tactic, shallow water (coasts, rivers, lakes, etc)

Not entirely sure how to interpret this, considering Shallow Water isn't on the list of Winning Tactics. Do you mean Coasts? Because that implies:

1. Having Ships

and

2. Having a Coast nearby to attack with

Zargim is surrounded by land at all sides, and unless you are air dropping ships into the water spring, I am not sure this action actually works.
    Shallow water is to clarify that it includes rivers and the like.

Also, Morph... still up in the air on what happens with R50.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

What, you mean where I become your vassal? That's not a very attractive option.

I mean, you're allies with Calorum. So... That's pretty much an 'end of discussion' thing. They're going to pretty much insist that you make me suppress Lilium's following, plus they were the main reason we didn't join the GC anyway, due to the whole human sacrifice bit.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

What, you mean where I become your vassal? That's not a very attractive option.

I mean, you're allies with Calorum. So... That's pretty much an 'end of discussion' thing. They're going to pretty much insist that you make me suppress Lilium's following, plus they were the main reason we didn't join the GC anyway, due to the whole human sacrifice bit.
    Human sacrifice?

But you're wrong on two counts: first the GC's suppression. The GC has a strict non-interference policy with religion. No member of the GC can deal with any other's religions, or really even mention it. Second, I will be assimilating your peoples and enacting several laws to protect their rights.

As to that option, understood that it was less attractive, though it actually interfered very little with your action. There's also the possibility of making an escape, or heading up a colony, or the like. Same fluff, different location. What're your thoughts on continuing?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

Show

The list of options on Winning Tactics are stated to be examples.

I'll send it to you as well then.

Btw, had you spent a Faith 5 action for the religion of Lilium? I may have missed it and thus it's not yet in zabbarot's table.

As for the region 50 solution, I noticed there were a few things I missed in exploration actions before (mostly Qarimos; plus it was a little ****ty to have three countries discover the same region in the form of 32, considering there was so much stuff out there), so I'll give a bit of an update in the Round 7 opening post this evening. Additions, no changes.

A preview:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's not the wisest choice. Milk is much more convenient and much more sustainable than the blood of one's enemies.
    Unless your enemies are cows.....

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, for round 6, I see: Ignato empire, Sanctuary, Ashenia, Eyrecradia, Kasumor, Calorum, and Gunung all have new rulers. Am I missing anyone?
    The Jeweled Cities posted in round 6 that a new ruler would be taking over.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=143

Amber is fully in charge going into round 7. Her stats are in my round 7 post, and linked to original rolls:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=28

The Jeweled Cities - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity
    Since Amber wsa announced to be taking over in round 6, but her dad was in charge at the start of the round, I assume these bumps go to papa, correct?
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-03-03 at 12:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Heartgouger's Tower.

Uh-oh.

Moving swiftly on, my workload has suddenly increased, so whilst I'm certainly not dropping out I might be a bit less active than normal. For those who've got my Skype, I'll still be available on that as normal.

Edit: a bit late, but I'd also like to add that I've been mentally pronouncing Lt as It.
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-03-03 at 12:12 PM.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

TBH, while I am heckannoyed at it happening, I have to give credit to Sympol for being pretty decent at their jobs.

???
    The GC completely surround the Heartwaste, I promised to aid them before I did so with you, and the only way to get to The Heartwaste and ensure they stay in power (None of that "Vassal" stuff) is by slugging through Zargim and hopping into The Heartwaste.

Also, thank you, most of my time posting in the GC thread was accompanied with this song.

Also, is it weird that the first thing that came to mind when you said "Spycicle" was some tricked out super bike with rockets and knock out gas?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    The Jeweled Cities posted in round 6 that a new ruler would be taking over.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=143

Amber is fully in charge going into round 7. Her stats are in my round 7 post, and linked to original rolls:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=28

Since Amber wsa announced to be taking over in round 6, but her dad was in charge at the start of the round, I assume these bumps go to papa, correct?
    Alright, sounds good. Added that into my records, and will change it as I am updating. Sorry I missed that, so I appreciate the corrcetion.

Now I just need to hear from Calorum!

Those Bumps go to Amber, actually.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-03 at 12:22 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you kindly. And in my case, it's neither early nor belated as it has been my birthday for three and a half hours in Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Unless your enemies are cows.....
    Unless indeed.

Oh... And Morph, unless I missed it somehow, what's the population of region forty-four, now known as Kyaralath? (I changed the L and R around because I think it sounds better this way and it fits better into the fake etymology I'm developing for Ashenia.)
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

The GC completely surround the Heartwaste, I promised to aid them before I did so with you, and the only way to get to The Heartwaste and ensure they stay in power (None of that "Vassal" stuff) is by slugging through Zargim and hopping into The Heartwaste.

Also, thank you, most of my time posting in the GC thread was accompanied with this song.

Also, is it weird that the first thing that came to mind when you said "Spycicle" was some tricked out super bike with rockets and knock out gas?
    Ooooh, a classic. I can get with that. And I can get with the Bondcicle. Or Bondercraft, perhaps?

I'm still not sure why people are making such a big deal.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-03 at 12:29 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Is it even an action to just say "No, I'm not letting you move soldiers through my land?"

Because as far as I can tell, the Scla'ca do not have ocean-faring ships, and do not have any way to get to Sympolemou without marching their way through either the Union (which isn't going to happen) or the Salterri Imperium (which is really just a bad idea all around).

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Is it even an action to just say "No, I'm not letting you move soldiers through my land?"

Because as far as I can tell, the Scla'ca do not have ocean-faring ships, and do not have any way to get to Sympolemou without marching their way through either the Union (which isn't going to happen) or the Salterri Imperium (which is really just a bad idea all around).
    Coasts, bro.

If needed, Guilder's Western fleet will take them.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    The Heartgouger's Tower.

Uh-oh.
    I don't know why you're worrying, it's in my part of the world, and right in my part of colonisation.
    And they've probably got my technical King in there.

Coasts, bro.

If needed, Guilder's Western fleet will take them.
    If that doesn't come to pass, we apologise for our objections, possibly violent, to their movement through our territory without asking. And Tar's territory for that matter even though I don't particularly care.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

Sam, if you don't have the actions I can spare one to command the western fleet to pick up the Scla'ca troops and bring them in since my military tactic has been surpassed by your own.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Sam, if you don't have the actions I can spare one to command the western fleet to pick up the Scla'ca troops and bring them in since my military tactic has been surpassed by your own.
    That would be appreciated.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, and before I get to bed, I updated my nation post with Kyaralath and the Princess Regent. Still unfinished though.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

That declaration tho. Thanks for giving me even more reason to aid Kasumor. Not that I needed it.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-03 at 02:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin