New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    Yes, yes. I'll do 2/10 this turn, so you can do 3/10 next turn, and me 4/10, as opposed to you still being on 2/10.
    Did you spend any points on it last round. Right now I only have it marked 1/10

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    Did you spend any points on it last round. Right now I only have it marked 1/10
    This round, not last round.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

Why did you do two action posts Sam?

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Why did you do two action posts Sam?
    Cause I'm a derp. Gimme as sec.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The "buried; the signs; salvation" things are rather disturbing. Welcome to the age of dragons. I think.
    It's either that or someone is firing a Halo ring.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

LET THE THIRD RAANEKI GAMES BEGIN!

For you new folks, this event is good for any diplomatic events, marriages, treaties, trades, etc.

For everyone: feel free to compete! We give prizes! Party on!
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

I hadn't yet considered that... Good eye aspi. Good eye... We will indeed need to find out all we can from the Qzare.
    I doubt it originates from the Salterri as Hartigan, that guy I captured, seems to have been a plaguebearer, but I didn't recognise that fact in time. It is therefore likely that the disease originates from region forty-three. As such, my troops who previously fought in the region unwittingly brought the plague to the battlefield and as a result, infected all your armies. It is convenient to blame the Salterri for this, but that's only going to hamper our efforts to combat it. Sorry about that guys.

That said, Morph Bark: No news of the missing King Hazael III who one assumed was imprisoned in the ominously named tower? If there's no evidence he still lives, the regency of Idrisa can end allowing her to ascend the throne. (Thus allowing me to use special actions. Yay!)

Further on the infection: A full quarantine of all infected seems like the best course of action. I'll close the borders of Region 43 as well as that seems to be the origin point. If I then need to close the borders of the rest of Ashenia I will. Also, while it might be a good military strategy to employ biological warfare against the Salterri to weaken them, that might make containing the infection more difficult depending on how the Salterri decide to respond. They may very well choose to spread the disease to all coastal regions they can reach, and we have reason to believe they can reach a lot of them.
    As for the Raaneki Games, I suggest cancelling them until we have a better understanding of the illness spreading throughout our ranks. I have a feeling it would be unwise to have so many people in such close proximity when there's what may very well be plague on the loose. That said, it is simply a suggestion.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right, I'm trying to cure it. The Pusdeath is terrible. Who else is trying to cure it?

Are we going to RP speaking with the Salterri head kidnapper commander? Razkai (now one-eyed) would like a word.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    And would it be military action to march the infected an transport the corpses to region 33 of the Salterri Imperium to try to spread this strange sickness on them.
    If you were coming to my country to drive around infected people and dump festering corpses in my cities I would definitely send troops to stop you. Seeing how this directly harms the people living there, I wouldn't be surprised to see a militia uprising as well. So classifying it as a military action and expecting heavy resistance would probably be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I doubt it originates from the Salterri as Hartigan, that guy I captured, seems to have been a plaguebearer, but I didn't recognise that fact in time. It is therefore likely that the disease originates from region forty-three. As such, my troops who previously fought in the region unwittingly brought the plague to the battlefield and as a result, infected all your armies. It is convenient to blame the Salterri for this, but that's only going to hamper our efforts to combat it. Sorry about that guys.
    Yes, I agree completely that it originated from Hartigan and would focus on this angle for finding a cure, my mistake if it came across differently. I find it however very strange that the Salterri were utterly crushed this easily. They tried nothing and went right into the trap and even in light of a largely superior force did not try to negotiate (wombat even offered a peace envoy). Maybe they were in league with Hartigan, maybe they knew about the infection. But something sinister is going on there.
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Right, I'm trying to cure it. The Pusdeath is terrible. Who else is trying to cure it?

Are we going to RP speaking with the Salterri head kidnapper commander? Razkai (now one-eyed) would like a word.
    Last round I recall the Bordeusi researching a cure or treatment, and this round Celero is DEFINITELY researching treatments.

Question for Morph: Now that Celero controls Bereginia, could the Bereginians state introduce a new technology I meant resource! (as per the Curiosity rules?) I plan to add a profession (Not sure what yet. I am currently leaning towards Academicians, or Scholars.)
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-04-03 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Question for Morph: Do Regions 18B and P3 have any built in resources, or do I pick them myself? Also, what are the populations of them/Are there any built in terrain features? I'm curious.

Oh, and everyone, Ironfang is single and looking (His advisors are forcing him, in reality he's just depressed and wants to be left alone) to mingle. Bloodfang's harem has closed shop, so for the time being the Van Troven's are going to follow a more traditional style of familial status.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Question for Morph: Do Regions 18B and P3 have any built in resources, or do I pick them myself? Also, what are the populations of them/Are there any built in terrain features? I'm curious.

Oh, and everyone, Ironfang is single and looking (His advisors are forcing him, in reality he's just depressed and wants to be left alone) to mingle. Bloodfang's harem has closed shop, so for the time being the Van Troven's are going to follow a more traditional style of familial status.
    P3 has True Ice.
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Logic, I've updated my action to include sharing data with Celero. However, I did sayit is at an isolated fort, because, in an over abundance of caution, I didn't want a messenger accidentally infecting Celero.

Also, Morph, is there a way I can IC have a conversation with Valineth?
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

14. - Top - End - #1364

From the now missing summary in the first post:
    Region P3 has been discovered by Sympolemou! It has 4000 people and a Good amount of true ice.

Whatever true ice is... the one I have in P2 feels real enough

Näiyop has a daughter Bekya (second child) who is 19 in year 376 and I can see how Sympol and Wenyavuk could profit from cooperation. Since alliances through marriage are not common in Wenyavuk however, the chieftain might take quite some convincing to let her marry an iron ratman She herself tends to be more open minded so it might be possible. If you'd like to use that as a hook for some RP, I'd be open to see where it leads. It's not far fetched that Ironfangs advisors would know about her.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Yes, I agree completely that it originated from Hartigan and would focus on this angle for finding a cure, my mistake if it came across differently. I find it however very strange that the Salterri were utterly crushed this easily. They tried nothing and went right into the trap and even in light of a largely superior force did not try to negotiate (wombat even offered a peace envoy). Maybe they were in league with Hartigan, maybe they knew about the infection. But something sinister is going on there.
    I rather doubt they were even in contact, let alone working together. If one recalls, Hartigan imprisoned my then Crown Prince long before this conflict with the Salterri. I see no connection, and it would be foolish for us to pursue one.
    As for the Salterri, I put their being completely crushed due to arrogance on their part and underestimating the strength and technological capabilities of us barbarian Northerners.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ettin in the Playground

From the now missing summary in the first post:
    Region P3 has been discovered by Sympolemou! It has 4000 people and a Good amount of true ice.

Whatever true ice is... the one I have in P2 feels real enough

Näiyop has a daughter Bekya (second child) who is 19 in year 376 and I can see how Sympol and Wenyavuk could profit from cooperation. Since alliances through marriage are not common in Wenyavuk however, the chieftain might take quite some convincing to let her marry an iron ratman She herself tends to be more open minded so it might be possible. If you'd like to use that as a hook for some RP, I'd be open to see where it leads. It's not far fetched that Ironfangs advisors would know about her.
    Ah thanks, yes I see it now.

4,000 people, is that counting the massive population boom we all had that increased populations by x3? If so, damn. Guess that makes 18B a blank slate then, I'll get to work on it over the weekend. Grumble grumble, dumb Yphine worshipers, grumble grumble, forcing political upheaval all up in this, grumble grumble :P

Alliances through marriage aren't exactly common in Sympolemou either, considering, well, they're a nation of Anthropomorphic Rats. Still, that seems like a good enough RP hook, I was thinking of attending the third Raaneki Games anyway, would you like to tie it into that?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

I too am working on a cure and sending my minds working on a cure to Bordeux to work alongside them in finding it. (Perhaps we should make finding a cure a great project that we can all contribute towards?)

In regards to the Salterri, it should be noted there was a missive intercepted by them regarding unnamed allies in the north, it could have been these allies were Hartigan and it could be that the Salterri have already gone though this plague and developed an immunity against it. Kind of like Europe coming to the new world and spreading pox to everyone. It may not have been intentional, and clearly Hartigan and his people were the origin, but I'm not convinced the Salterri were completely unaware.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-03 at 07:01 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

I too am working on a cure and sending my minds working on a cure to Bordeux to work alongside them in finding it. (Perhaps we should make finding a cure a great project that we can all contribute towards?)

In regards to the Salterri, it should be noted there was a missive intercepted by them regarding unnamed allies in the north, it could have been these allies were Hartigan and it could be that the Salterri have already gone though this plague and developed an immunity against it. Kind of like Europe coming to the new world and spreading pox to everyone. It may not have been intentional, and clearly Hartigan and his people were the origin, but I'm not convinced the Salterri were completely unaware.
    Well, seeing as this seems to be the Black Death, we're in for a really tough time. If I recall, it repeatedly infected regions before apparently subsiding and then rising again a generation or two later, often in a different place. Without the advent of antibiotics, I don't see how we're going to be able to eradicate. Our best bet is quarantine of the infected and infected regions.
    That said, there is magic in this world, so a cure might be found if we're lucky.

I worry here that people are going to start assigning every catastrophe they can to the Salterri. Firstly, Hartigan ruled over an inland region. Given the Salterri's limited understanding of our geography, it is very unlikely they are even aware that Region Forty-three exists. What I see here is a disease, possibly endemic to the Far West, unintentionally being introduced to our part of the world without malicious intent on the part of anyone.
    Alternatively, Hartigan is an evil sorcerer and created the disease to get back at any with the insolence to capture him.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Well, seeing as this seems to be the Black Death, we're in for a really tough time. If I recall, it repeatedly infected regions before apparently subsiding and then rising again a generation or two later, often in a different place. Without the advent of antibiotics, I don't see how we're going to be able to eradicate. Our best bet is quarantine of the infected and infected regions.
    That said, there is magic in this world, so a cure might be found if we're lucky.

I worry here that people are going to start assigning every catastrophe they can to the Salterri. Firstly, Hartigan ruled over an inland region. Given the Salterri's limited understanding of our geography, it is very unlikely they are even aware that Region Forty-three exists. What I see here is a disease, possibly endemic to the Far West, unintentionally being introduced to our part of the world without malicious intent on the part of anyone.
    Alternatively, Hartigan is an evil sorcerer and created the disease to get back at any with the insolence to capture him.
    I agree, Salterri do bad things, but not all bad things are Salterri. Still, it is a tad strange that they would send an underdeveloped force lead by their supposed leader (who we definitely should talk to) into a clearly tactically unsound area and then this disease pops up. Now, I don't think they're directly responsible, but I feel like they may have had some awareness is all. And that may just be paranoia, probably is in fact, but I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand.

Speaking of magic and cures though, does anyone have a Faith 10? I think Scla'Ca's at 9, anyone else close? A miracle might be in order. Also, I think making "Finding a Cure" a great project and having all the nations working on a cure contributing towards it might be a good idea to show unification and have some mechanics backing us up however much.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-03 at 07:35 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370

Alliances through marriage aren't exactly common in Sympolemou either, considering, well, they're a nation of Anthropomorphic Rats. Still, that seems like a good enough RP hook, I was thinking of attending the third Raaneki Games anyway, would you like to tie it into that?
    That sounds good, I'll be at the games to royally embarass myself in any discipline even remotely related to the military score... at least I should have a shot in the arts competition

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of awesome fluff:

I loved it
    Thanks.

I resigned myself a long time ago to being a bit player in this drama. Don't colonize much, don't fight. But every good drama needs comic relief....

Playing devil's advocate here... but this smells fishy. They even met you for battle in the very location that was strategically optimal for you. You should interrogate the prisoners well. Also note how everyone walks home from this with infected soldiers - but they don't and have even limited access to parts of their empire
    Glad the naval battle was inconsequential, then.

Oh, and Aspi, I am always willing to trade kelp-olive oil or fruit for Amber. It has religious significance to my Shamans.

Oh, and Slayerof Undead, The Jeweled Cities will help with your canal when able as well. Don't know if it will be this round or not.

Oh, and which region originally developed the hovercrats? I have a curiousity...
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-04-03 at 08:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Thanks.

I resigned myself a long time ago to being a bit player in this drama. Don't colonize much, don't fight. But every good drama needs comic relief....

Oh, and which region originally developed the hovercrats? I have a curiousity...
    I quite enjoy your presence in the central sea. Bit player or not, you're certainly a good one.

15-A is Zargrim where the hovercrafts were first discovered and likely invented by the local goblins.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

I no longer have internet on my desktop. Tonight I will make some additions to the events to add in some that were missed.

Tychris, 18B has 60000 people and one Good undetermined resource, plus a Good amount of lumberstone.

Furthermore, to you and Sam mostly, the population numbers for regions that were already determined were pre-tripling.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I no longer have internet on my desktop. Tonight I will make some additions to the events to add in some that were missed.

Tychris, 18B has 60000 people and one Good undetermined resource, plus a Good amount of lumberstone.

Furthermore, to you and Sam mostly, the population numbers for regions that were already determined were pre-tripling.
    How about with Region 60? Is that also pre tripling?

(and is Jain being married to the King's sister - Alara enough for a claim on Qarimos?)
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    How about with Region 60? Is that also pre tripling?

(and is Jain being married to the King's sister - Alara enough for a claim on Qarimos?)
    If it is less than 36000, then yes.

And yes' which means Lyradis, Raaneka and Grmanhil all have claims to Qarimos.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-04-03 at 09:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Is region 70 still available? If so, I'll grab it and start working on a write up for it today.

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiori View Post
    Is region 70 still available? If so, I'll grab it and start working on a write up for it today.
    I will PM you and the two people on the waiting list before you to discuss what ideas you have for your regions, so I can place you somewhere suitable. Since Aedil was interested in49, the three of you are likely to be placed in that general area though.

Burch, if you like, you can make a thread to RP out the conversation with Valineth. If you want, you can invite others as well (either as ambassadors from their countries, or Bordeusi).

As for talking to Xiu Wandao in the PAIN thread, we could do that. The PAIN thread seems more of an OOC thread though.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-04-03 at 10:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 9 Stats!

Wenyavuk - +2 Curiosity.

Gunung - +1 Diplomacy*, +1 Military. New Region – 46!

Celero - +2 Military.

Hurosha Empire - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity. New Region – 7B!

Ignato Empire - +1 Military, +1 Faith, +1 Luck

Calorum - +1 Faith

Genivana - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Faith

Hrathan-Tuor - +2 Military.

Raaneka - +1 Curiosity.

Qarimos - Has gone NPC!

Lyradis- +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military, +1 Luck. New Region – 60!

Razdis - +2 Military, +1 Luck. Claimed – Sulvan’s Fury & Eyrecradia!

Guilder - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military, +1 Luck.

Keldagrim – Inactive for 2 Rounds.

Pryonia - +1 Military.

Empire of Santuary – Has gone NPC!

Sympolemou - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity. New Region – P3 & 18B!

Bordeux - +1 Diplomacy.

Kingdom of Ashenia – +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military.

The Jeweled Cities – +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military. Claimed Region - Tar!

Scla' Ca - +1 Military, +1 Faith.

Alydaxis - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Curiosity.

Grmanhil - +1 Military, +1 Luck.

United Lacertian Dominion – Inactive for 2 Rounds.

Sycia - +1 Military, +1 Faith, +1 Luck.

GLWIH - Inactive for 1 Round.

Glazfell - +2 Diplomacy.

*Per colonization, which is a Diplomacy, not Curiosity action.

All except Keldagrim, the ULD, and the GLWIH get +1 to Active Rounds.

Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-04-04 at 08:06 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds good. Knowing the basic area will let me start putting together some ideas.

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Thanks.

Good to have a partner in crime fellow bit player! One can never have too many shenanigans.

There is now a proper IC opening in the Games thread. Come one! Come all!
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.