New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I will PM you and the two people on the waiting list before you to discuss what ideas you have for your regions, so I can place you somewhere suitable. Since Aedil was interested in49, the three of you are likely to be placed in that general area though.

Burch, if you like, you can make a thread to RP out the conversation with Valineth. If you want, you can invite others as well (either as ambassadors from their countries, or Bordeusi).

As for talking to Xiu Wandao in the PAIN thread, we could do that. The PAIN thread seems more of an OOC thread though.
    I definitely agree PAIN is OOC, hence why I thought we could start a new thread but I didn't want to clog things. Since it seems more appropriate though I'll organize such a thing with assumptions that all who participated in the defense are there so they can pop in when they wish and those who didn't aren't. I'll get something up in an hour or so after I finish lunch.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Was there every a final verdict on the Military 5 special action? I've got a free action this round and may be interested, but I didn't see anything in the OP.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Apparently, Loki now has military 12

I need to find something to do other than fight wars.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 9 Trade!

Please Note: Trade agreements (that I record, and therefore, take no action to keep recorded) can only be about things you CURRENTLY have. Any future agreements are not written down, will not be written down, and cannot be part of terms of an alliance. Only you OOC plans. Therefore, actions will still be needed for plans such as giving tech or resources when you get them.

Confirmed by All Parties:

Marriage - Prince Hazel Toranath of Ashenia to Princess Annlia Cordelia Noth of Celero.

Trade - Ranneka Wine for Guilder Bronze

Trade - Guilder Wood for Sanctuarian Plate Tech

Unconfirmed:

Trade - Glazfell Bronze [or] Meat for Sanctuary Goats

Expired Trade Attempts:

Treaty of Awakening
    Participants: Sanctuary Pryonia did not sign. -Details will be removed.

UN Peace Treaty
    Participants: (The Kingdom of Celero did not sign), (Guilder did not sign), (Pryonia did not sign), (Calorum did not sign), (Keldagrim and Lyradis did not sign) - Details will be removed.

Polar Peace Pact
    Participants: Pryonia did not sign, -Details will be removed.

Trade – Celero Griffon Riding Tech for Guilder Ocean Faring Tech (unconfirmed by Celero)

Trade - Grmanhil Bees for Lyradissian Crops

Previous Rounds:
    Round 5
    Round 6
    Round 7
    Round 8
    Round 9
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-04-03 at 12:02 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Was there every a final verdict on the Military 5 special action? I've got a free action this round and may be interested, but I didn't see anything in the OP.
    I don't believe there has been a decision on Military 5. I'm not sure if I dreamed it or said it but I was thinking a Military 5 thing could be the creation of a Military Research Protectorates (Better name welcome) that would allow a nation to establish the equivalent of a Holy Order that would give a +1/2 bonus to opposing rolls of having one's technology stolen since often research advances were made in times of war and lots of our technologies give military benefits. Plus it would make military play a little nicer with the other scores.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Apparently, Loki now has military 12

I need to find something to do other than fight wars.
    I feel like I keep dragging you into them

In a similar vein however, The-Interrogation-of-Qzare-Xiu-Wandao is up for any who participated in the PAIN offensive to come into and of course Morph to play our bedraggled captive.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys. TheWombatOfDoom dragged me here. I'm reading through the IC thread currently, but I've got an idea that I really want to explore with this game. When I get through the IC thread, I'll post a submission.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    I don't believe there has been a decision on Military 5. I'm not sure if I dreamed it or said it but I was thinking a Military 5 thing could be the creation of a Military Research Protectorates (Better name welcome) that would allow a nation to establish the equivalent of a Holy Order that would give a +1/2 bonus to opposing rolls of having one's technology stolen since often research advances were made in times of war and lots of our technologies give military benefits. Plus it would make military play a little nicer with the other scores.
    Good to know! Looks like I've got room for one more Diplomacy action this round.

In a similar vein however, The-Interrogation-of-Qzare-Xiu-Wandao is up for any who participated in the PAIN offensive to come into and of course Morph to play our bedraggled captive.
    Raaneka will not be participating.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Barbarian in the Playground

If it doesn't have to be military you could always lay claim to Quarimos... or support someone who does. Worst case you lose but get better at diplomacy
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Good to know! Looks like I've got room for one more Diplomacy action this round.

Raaneka will not be participating.
    Packing up your Berundas and flying home? Alright then, I'll scratch you off the in attendance list.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we considering that an action, or just allowing it to be considered the resolution of the previous round's action?

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Are we considering that an action, or just allowing it to be considered the resolution of the previous round's action?
    I'm not using an action on it myself.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey, here's a bit of shameless advertising, since some people here expressed interest the last time it came up in conversation!

I'm running a Godgame on this forum and it is currently recruiting, if anybody is still interested. Like this game, it's semi-freeform and largely focused on world-building and narrative. Unlike this game, there's less overall structure to proceedings and a much slower pace.

Still, here's a link if anybody wants to check it out.

(I'm holding off on my actual stuff for a bit. I don't want to waste actions on colonization of any place that a new nation pops up in.)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-04-03 at 01:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Some new additions to the events of the round opening post. Elemental, Logic, Murgen, Burch and Zap Dynamic might wish to check the green text.

Blade, I actually had thought of devising a game to connect with EMPIRE! that would be entirely about the gods and spirits that could potentially indirectly influence some events in EMPIRE, but mostly contained to itself with dealings in the spiritual planes and otherworldly realms.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

Some new additions to the events of the round opening post. Elemental, Logic, Murgen, Burch and Zap Dynamic might wish to check the green text.

Blade, I actually had thought of devising a game to connect with EMPIRE! that would be entirely about the gods and spirits that could potentially indirectly influence some events in EMPIRE, but mostly contained to itself with dealings in the spiritual planes and otherworldly realms.
    Hmmm. Now I really gotta figure out how to do this.

Running one country isn't so difficult, but 3?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

You can always give the regions away.

At any rate, I've PM'd the new prospective players and given them the link to the new thread. It's technically open, and it contains a bunch of new rules, including for Wards and Lieges, Federations, the Military loss rules, Military 5 special actions, and bonus actions for new players. I'd prefer if this thread would be filled up before jumping over to the new thread entirely though.

Btw Logic, since you said you wanted to start up a similar kinda game to EMPIRE, but smaller scale and more intrigue-focused, I figure you've got a good head for mechanics. Could I employ your help in figuring out mechanics for personal unions, dual kingdoms, that stuff? Basically a player with two rulers for one country, or one country being run by two players each playing a ruler, a pair of rulers ruling together, kinda like consuls.

Also, if there's ever a region you colonize that is undefined, feel free to poke me about it. It most likely doesn't have more than two Good resources, likely with one pre-defined, but it's good to check.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-04-03 at 02:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

At any rate, I've PM'd the new prospective players and given them the link to the new thread. It's technically open, and it contains a bunch of new rules, including for Wards and Lieges, Federations, the Military loss rules, Military 5 special actions, and bonus actions for new players. I'd prefer if this thread would be filled up before jumping over to the new thread entirely though.

Btw Logic, since you said you wanted to start up a similar kinda game to EMPIRE, but smaller scale and more intrigue-focused, I figure you've got a good head for mechanics. Could I employ your help in figuring out mechanics for personal unions, dual kingdoms, that stuff? Basically a player with two rulers for one country, or one country being run by two players each playing a ruler, a pair of rulers ruling together, kinda like consuls.

Also, if there's ever a region you colonize that is undefined, feel free to poke me about it. It most likely doesn't have more than two Good resources, likely with one pre-defined, but it's good to check.
    I would definitely be willing to assist in making mechanics. Especially intrigue focused ones. But I think I could help hammer out some Union rules, along with diarchies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

Yphine! She thirsts!
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    Yphine! She thirsts!
    Now I can't get an image of Yphine with a Midas curse out of my head: every time she tries to drink something, it freezes
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Hoo boy! It's gonna be another national holiday in Raaneka tomorrow morning. The bards will sing quiet, poorly-received songs about the hangovers this occasion will create!
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

No doubt they have also noticed that a nearby region has a bunch of hops. The quest for the ultimate drink continues. ;)

21. - Top - End - #1401

Morph, aren't at least two of the new players looking at regions 49 and 70, so doesn't that kind of render trying to colonize it moot? I'll re-adjust my actions to reflect still attempting to colonize them, but I'm still curious. Also, are the Salterri trying to attack Cassia still, and do we require naval troops to move units over oceans? Sorry for all the questions.

And @Blade Would you at all be interested in trading anything for your Bronze? I have goats, glass, and I think some olive oil.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

22. - Top - End - #1402

Blade, I'm really really interested in your game. Writing a post in that thread now!
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Federation rules look great Morph! One thing, just for rules lawyering you might want to add that you can't choose luck to be the forbidden stat like you did with the specialization stat. One question though, when does specialization/neglect kick in? When you start the unification project or once it's completed? I would imagine completed since that's when you get your actions and start having to make 2 of the specialized ones but I wanted to check.

EDIT: Added to the Bestiary of Telluris some more. I'm coming up with a speculative history of things before known times, keep in mind, this is just one scholar's opinion and not canon, but it will likely involve more and more nations as he begins piecing together a supposed history of things. So if you have head canon rolling around that you haven't written down, write it down in your nation post or let me know so I can include it in this. Further Speculations
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-03 at 08:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... What to do, what to do...
    Actually, a lot more pertinent than that is "what would Idrisa do?"

Anyways, now to join in on the interrogation.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to clarified that Raaneki Lumber is as colorful as you would expect it to be.

Would this cost me an action? Or could I just change it from "Lumber" to "Colored Lumber"?
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to clarified that Raaneki Lumber is as colorful as you would expect it to be.

Would this cost me an action? Or could I just change it from "Lumber" to "Colored Lumber"?
    I would imagine since it's largely a fluff thing it wouldn't constitute an action but I'm not the authority. Also, if people start wanting fancy rainbow wood how are us regular wood suppliers supposed to keep up?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

In the case of the Rainbow Eucalyptus, that's a property of the bark, not the wood. Wood itself is usually a lot less colourful. It usually doesn't get any more exciting than reds and reddish purples. Might I suggest instead looking into exotic hardwoods? Many of them have very interesting patterns.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1408

I like the new federation rules better than the old version. They make a lot of sense and provide a convincing benefit, while still having enough drawbacks to be balanced. Reminds me of 3.5 specialist wizards, with extra actions and "barred schools." Just don't introduce focused specialists, that would be downright nasty if you could get a federation of five going.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

...how are us regular wood suppliers supposed to keep up?
    You're not.

Nah, I've got all my wood tied up in trade anyway, so this would be pure fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    In the case of the Rainbow Eucalyptus, that's a property of the bark, not the wood. Wood itself is usually a lot less colourful. It usually doesn't get any more exciting than reds and reddish purples. Might I suggest instead looking into exotic hardwoods? Many of them have very interesting patterns.
    Yeah, but Kasumor's got people who are butterfly fish people. This color is more than just bark-deep. I like the idea of the patterns, though! I'm seeing a lot of really cool stuff online.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Question for Morph: Do Regions 18B and P3 have any built in resources, or do I pick them myself? Also, what are the populations of them/Are there any built in terrain features? I'm curious.

Oh, and everyone, Ironfang is single and looking (His advisors are forcing him, in reality he's just depressed and wants to be left alone) to mingle. Bloodfang's harem has closed shop, so for the time being the Van Troven's are going to follow a more traditional style of familial status.
    Depressed and single is good! Guilder has princesses, if you're interested.

I agree, Salterri do bad things, but not all bad things are Salterri. Still, it is a tad strange that they would send an underdeveloped force lead by their supposed leader (who we definitely should talk to) into a clearly tactically unsound area and then this disease pops up. Now, I don't think they're directly responsible, but I feel like they may have had some awareness is all. And that may just be paranoia, probably is in fact, but I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand.

Speaking of magic and cures though, does anyone have a Faith 10? I think Scla'Ca's at 9, anyone else close? A miracle might be in order. Also, I think making "Finding a Cure" a great project and having all the nations working on a cure contributing towards it might be a good idea to show unification and have some mechanics backing us up however much.
    Hmmm.. Something to worry about, but that means they have pretty advanced medical tech...

I no longer have internet on my desktop. Tonight I will make some additions to the events to add in some that were missed.

Tychris, 18B has 60000 people and one Good undetermined resource, plus a Good amount of lumberstone.

Furthermore, to you and Sam mostly, the population numbers for regions that were already determined were pre-tripling.
    Ugh. I need to go check on that and get it corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Hey guys. TheWombatOfDoom dragged me here. I'm reading through the IC thread currently, but I've got an idea that I really want to explore with this game. When I get through the IC thread, I'll post a submission.
    Heyyyyy man! I love your E6 stuff... glad to see you here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I would definitely be willing to assist in making mechanics. Especially intrigue focused ones. But I think I could help hammer out some Union rules, along with diarchies.
    Intrigue? Color me... intrigued.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII