New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1480

Thread: [Nexus] Home 9

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 9

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Silver Ship]

Sliver girl will be injected! probably getting her exactly where the aliens wanted the syringe to go in.

When it does this, something from the hybrid's past flickers through her mind. A reminder from someone "Hold still while we give you your shot".

She seems to have calmed down for now reason from the outside. in truth, she's just stunned at the memory. Why can't she remember what's going on with that? Where did the memory come from?
    The Silver Extraterrestrials take notes. There are also several scanners going, recording what happens in the sliver's body.

The male mentions, in the weird space language he speaks, to the female that they may have just poisoned the subject. Whoops!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship]

The Sliver girl sits down in the corner, away from the window, trying to think properly through the haze of having no hivemind. of course, having the hivemind there it keeps sending images and feelings to her, so this is probably the easiest time she'll ever have to think.

A name, images, memories floating at the edge of her thoughts. Why couldn't she think clearly? She could remember people... her family? Her family, yes. Everything was vague, though, like it was being covered up. A name... a woman's name... Jenna? Yes, Jenna, that's her name.

The Silver aliens should note that the subject appears to be leaking water from the eyes, and her skin is turning a pinkish red color, like muscles.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship

Notes notes notes notes...
    The two aliens talk to each other.

Bizarre fluid leakage... tears? Obvious change in coloration... greatly increased higher mental activity...

Hey, what was that sample from?

The big thing that was obviously some kind of leader or heavy unit! This will either be very horrible death or a very fascinating transformation!

If this thing kills us...

Totally my fault.

fair enough.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship]

Jenna continues to huddle herself in the corner, crying as she thinks about her family. Oh gods, what was she now? A tail coming out of her and her skin was this weird color. And the instincts. She could feel the need to get back to the hive, to feel what it would tell her. Why? Why was this happening to her?

Jenna's thoughts remain on this sort of subject over the next few hours, but the physical transformation is dramatic. Her skin having taken on the pinkish red hue of muscle, a golden chitin starts developing from her spine outwards, eventually covering all but her face, chest, and stomach. it's even on her legs and arms, and it's entirely spiky. her body grows to about three times its original size, and her tail? wow, now there's a transformation. It goes from a short, virtually useless appendage to something almost as long as her normal human body, ending in a pair of scorpion-like stingers. Scans should show that she's developing wombs inside the tail, which is, to say the least, odd.

During all this her cognitive abilities more than double, but she remains sitting in the corner crying the whole time as she realizes that nothing is going to be the same.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-12 at 08:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Clarissa's hand is taken! She stares at her hand worriedly, as though it had contracted some kind of horribly disfiguring disease.

"When I said that we would spend a lifetime here, I didn't mean a human lifetime! I meant something closer to the lifetime of a beetle or a fly or an insect or something."

She squeaks, clearly frightened and afraid.

"What if they're born with some sort of defect. What if they end up dead due to a miscarriage? Why did you use the word we? You're not the one who has to give birth to six to ten kids. You're not the one who is going to expand exponentially over the next few months. You get the easy job. You get to kick back and help the pregnant lady do simple tasks that she can't do anymore like removing a pencil from the floor or walking from point a to point b. Not to mention the pain of childbirth. You won't be subjected to that either."

Clarissa is freaking out! She never asked for this!

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship

The aliens watch this happen... not sure what to make of it. After a bit, the detail that it IS sentient and that they should talk to it comes up.

The turn to the translator circlet, sitting on the counter where they left it a long time ago.

They look at each other.

123notit!

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silver Ship - Exterior

Jakob, leading a pack of sliver hybrids as well as a crypt sliver, has tracked Jenna to this location. The legionmind sliver rests on one of his hulking shoulders. This is definitely where she was cut off from the hive, so they will begin the search with the ship.

He'll look for anything resembling a port hole or access door, commanding the others to do the same.

"Find lostgirl. These men cannot have taken her far." It seems during the interim, Jakob's mind has reasserted itself, primitive though it is. The other slivers obey his commands without hesitation.

If he finds such a door, he'll haul back with the hand holding Bloodlust and... give it a light knock, the sound most likely reverberating loud enough to notify the SETs.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship

Gahwhat?

The male immediately goes over to a console. The female waits patiently, looking down on the now very mutated hybrid girl.

Silver Ship - Exterior

A door is found and knocked on. A moment later, a camera thing opens up and the voice of the male Extraterrestrial is heard.

...that is of no help, because unless there is supernatural translation going on there is no way to know what he's saying. Stupid aliens and their stupid moon language...

9. - Top - End - #1119

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "You think I have it easy?"
    He laughed.
    "I have to watch and no there's little to nothing I can do to help you. I have to worry that you might even die from it. I have to go through the worse torture ever...watching someone I love suffer and I can do little about it..." he said with a sad face.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship Interior]

It's at about this point that the knocking comes up. And the first thing Jenna thinks to do is go up to the window and start knocking on it, trying to get the attention of the aliens. When did the room get so small? She likely has to bend down to see through the glass.

She feels like she has to do something, to get out. But what? Maybe she can talk to the aliens?

11. - Top - End - #1121

Silver Ship - Exterior

The male Alien sees something a bit like this. The beast is holding an axe, which coincidently looks very similar to this.

"Jakob is friend to Lostgirl. You will open door, or Jakob will open it for you. We mean no harm... for now." Well that was certainly honest. Hopefully the male ET had a translator on hand to understand that. Even if not, at least he knows this one is sapient.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Clarissa folds her arms and blows a renegade strand of raven black hair out of her face before replying to Dave in a voice that suggests that she is calling Dave out for being way too melodramatic.

"Why do you even want children if it hurts you so much? And you know I don't die easily. That should be a non-issue entirely. In fact, I-"

"..."

"Ten. I'm going to have ten children. Great. Now I need two more sets of this cleavage-stuff."

Clarissa grumbles before tromping over to one of the walls of the house and touching one of the walls, upon which it slides to the left, revealing a room with bamboo flooring, a red carpet, a stone fireplace, and several handcrafted pieces of cushioned, black-leather furniture.

It appears to be lit by the strange natural light sources described earlier in the scene.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-12-12 at 09:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship - Exterior

The Silvery Extraterrestrials have the peculiar ability to understand most of most languages. Some details are lost in translation, but they get the gist of it.

The male says something to the female. She says something back. Jakob should be able to hear it, but...

huh.

A holographic image of a hourglass appears in front of the door. It flips over occasionally. An instrumental version of "I Write the Songs" plays softly.

Jakob was just put on hold.

Silver Ship - Interior

The female struts over to the man and shoves the circlet into his hands. She then pushes him through a door...

...and he comes out of the door on the opposite side of the enclosure? What?

He takes a moment to look at Jenna. Well, here goes nothing...

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship - Interior]

Well, there's the thing. The male is now here, and is much smaller than Jenna. This presents an option that hasn't arisen before.

She will attempt to pick him up by the shoulders and slam him into a wall. "I want back to my hive," Jenna says. Wait, she meant family, didn't she? Why did she say hive? The brief look of confusion in her eyes is replaced by determination as she thinks about it, deciding that she can be concerned later.

15. - Top - End - #1125

Silver Ship - Exterior

Jakob will wait, for now. Meanwhile the rest of the slivers will stop searching elsewhere and crowd around the door, not understanding why they haven't begun to attack.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    Dave?
    Dave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Mind
    Triple the Breasts = Triple the Fun.
    O.o
    Dave snaps out of it and follows Clarissa.
    "Wait, how do you already know how many you're going to have?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship - Interior

Fun fact: Silvery aliens scream.

The male is picked up and slammed into a wall. Thinking fast, he tries to put the translator circlet on Jenna's head. It should either grow or shrink to fit, permitting her to hear...

"Wait! Can we talk? We will return you to [chitinous horde?]! We just want to make one test, and see if you can [mutual aid]!"

The most advanced translator in the nexus can only get partial success. THAT is how messed up the space language is.

Silver Ship - Exterior

The Hourglass disappears, replaced with a half height hologram of the female. She will proceed to be part of a multimedia presentation about the Silvery Extraterrestrials and their mission and tons of things about them! It would be very fascinating if you could understand it! There are pretty pictures! And a montage of a thousand ways that you can die on an alien world!

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

"Well, I don't think there was a real 'splitting up' moment. We just sorta moved our separate ways I guess. It was probably a few months that we were together. Just off and on, though. We never spent so much time together like we do now." It's remarkable that they never pulled the curtain before they did in the Nexus, but perhaps that was due to Sakura's own hesitation in the matter.
    [Mithar Keep]

"I'm glad you found each other at least, you go well together. I mean, watching you two I realize how much you both grown as persons since we meet here." The mage smiles and lightly touches Sakura's hand. "We should do something together, all four of us. Maybe visit your world perhaps? As I said before, I have wanted to see it for some time now."

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship - Interior]

Jenna narrows her eyes at the alien, before gently putting him down. She doesn't really know what to make of the headband, but it's useful at least. "First off, what the hell did you do to me? Why am I... like this?" she motions towards her naked body, all muscle colored and covered in chitin.

To make sure the male doesn't run away, however, Jenna will sit, and her fifteen foor long spiky tail will wrap around the male alien. It's not flexible enough to hold him tightly, and if it was it would skewer him, but it makes a good show of her opinion of him.

The aliens might actually be able to answer the question this time though! the stone in Inside had mutagenic properties!

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sanctuary]

>.<

Angel Clarissa (aka Valaira) started off with three sets of cleavage. She thinks she needs five sets to nurse ten babies.
    Anyways, Clarissa collapses onto a reclining leather loveseat and wearily closes her eyes.

"Dave, you know that I am an angel that collects certain people after they die and delivers them to their respective afterlives, right? I'm tied to the cycle of life and death. I can the creation and destruction of physical life, especially when that life resides within me."

Clarissa and Valaira keep claiming to be angels of death. They are. But not in the way that they think they are. Enigma!

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

"I'm glad you found each other at least, you go well together. I mean, watching you two I realize how much you both grown as persons since we meet here." The mage smiles and lightly touches Sakura's hand. "We should do something together, all four of us. Maybe visit your world perhaps? As I said before, I have wanted to see it for some time now."
    Sakura grins at her friend. "We definitely should after everything settles down." Still have a wedding to get through, and a baby to have. Those types of things leave little time for random trips.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship - Interior

"Ah, that? It appears to be caused by a stone that [mutate?] you into a basic [hybrid?] form. From there, we [abduct?] you for study and apply a sample. The result is your current form. We conjecture from the [organs] that you are a [breeding leader?], commonly called a 'queen.'"

The male seems to become more comfortable as the explanation goes on, despite the spiky tail surrounding him.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship - Interior]

"What stone? Where did it come from, and where is it now?" Jenna asks, "How do I change back?" There was always a way back to normal, wasn't there? That's how these things worked, right? and if these little aliens knew so much, maybe she could get the answer out of them.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Julie's Place

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Julie's Place

Normally this would be a very bad idea, shooting beams at reflective surfaces and all, but instead of bouncing off and going wild the PSC simply sinks through the puddle into realms unknown. It ripples slightly in response, and the prolonged contact brings flashes of images to its surface.

First a portrait of Inside at night, then a haunted looking house, then the casino, and finally Boo's face, open wide and looking for all the world like he's eating the Proton Capture Stream. If it were actually Boo he would most likely be pulled from the mirror, so it's safe to assume this is merely an image.

----

The staff sinks a half foot into the wall, but since the illusion messes with the senses Michalson will most likely believe that it rests on the surface with a hollow *Thunk.*

Of course, if Edijar is looking in that direction, his magic immunity will probably allow him to see through the ruse. He still won't be able to see beyond the lightwarping of the false wall, but since the sense meddling requires direct contact with his mind it will undoubtedly fail.

Mainframebot tries to pick up the mirror and turn it over onto its face. If that can't be done because of the frame being gone, it will pull down a curtain or sheet or something to lay over the top of it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silver Ship - Interior

"I don't know [Origin?], I believe it was destroyed. [Return?] to normal..."

Hmm...

"Well, we took a [genetics?] sample of you, so it's [hypothetical?] possible to break down the genetic code into the human and [chitinous horde?], so we could [recreate?] the body. The mind would [no translation no translation computer? no translation transfer? no translation soul? scientific procedure?] estimated chance of success: partial 57%, total, 1.7%, [close enough?] 23%"

"We can talk about it [later?], at the moment the horde in on our doorstep and we want to do [science] and [deals] before we must return you."

Uh...

It would mess up so many things if they did that.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silver Ship - Interior]

Only a 1.7% chance of a full conversion back to normal? That... "No. Until you can guarantee a transformation back to human, you're not touching me in any sort of surgery." as she says this, she pokes the alien in the chest, her hand having developed the same golden chitin substance as the rest of her. Her fingers end in points, so it may hurt a little, but Jenna is being careful not to truly wound him, despite her massively increased strength.

"What deals are you talking about?"

27. - Top - End - #1137

Mither Keep

Kashi is flying towards the keep, being led here by Harnel after their deal made in the park. He's got a jug of cream that's almost larger than he is in his teeth, and Harnel should be carrying another one, along with a lot of assorted riches.

Kashi, unless directed elsewhere, will land on one of the spines at the top of the keep, nearly overbalancing and dropping his payload.

He isn't able to speak around what's in his mouth, so he remains thankfully silent.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel waves for Kashi to follow, opening a trap door on the roof here that leads down into the keep proper. They'll go past the libary floor straight to bedroom floor, where Harnel will put down his jug of cream in one of the rooms. "Wux geou zexenuma tenpiswo. Yarchonis sventir tivol, vur yth jalla qe winhal."

The room is furnished with a bed and an empty end table, but that's all.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-13 at 02:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Mithar Keep

Kashi will set his jug down as well, running a forked tongue over his lips to take some of the numbness out of them.

"Snnyuy~? <Svabol tiric sventir jatil? Vsist, shilta si itrewic creol achthend jaka? Mobi ui ti tangis vi proper hrrac persvek tenpiswo, zyak si geou tepoha ekess xurwk sia kurjh.>"

Kashi clearly doesn't have much clue about the furniture or its use.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Have I really not spoken draconic for so long that I'm messing up words?" He asks himself. Harnel will go over to the bed and move the blankets into a nest shape, "Si tira ti jatil svent. Si tuor ekess yenta jikmada. Nomeno ui relgra vi drekiw. Coi ui vi hrrac batobot ui ti xurwka ekik di aurix vur orn." he motions for Kashi to climb up, "Threndiaw, coi ui ti agantal wer bensvelkilti youwe ekess vdri shafaer ihk vi darastrix iejir rekisix, shar coi shilta qe zi, zi d'nag vur skaeren."
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-13 at 04:47 AM.