New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Wheel of Time IC

Alright. Here's how you start: It's early morning. Rhaern and Miad are already together, staying outside Illian in the tents. Maec is going to and from the Suburbs of Illian to the City, trying to find work. Garran is patrolling through the city on a solo patrol, and there isn't really a time restraint (or a set path to follow) other than "back before dark to report in." Jelor is just finishing putting his armor on in preparation for the day. And yes, you are to find one another. Since Jelor and Garran have such opposing viewpoints on the Dragon, I want them to ROLEPLAY getting together. The odds of the Aiel meeting Maec are much higher than of them meeting with Jelor and Garran first.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-08-14 at 01:09 AM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

2. - Top - End - #2

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Wheel of Time IC

Maec leaves his rental property and heads torward a local inn to try to get a few odd jobs.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

As he finishes slipping his armour on and buckling his sword belt around his waist, Jelor sighs, The light take that fool Masema! If he hadn't a lightblinded mule I'd still have my real armour and weapons... he thinks while shaking his head, By the light, I've been thinking that every day since I left to find the Lord Dragon. By the Creator, I WILL find him! And I WILL be properly armed when I do.

Stepping out of the small room he hired behind the sables he sets out on his long trip to the docks, hoping to finally find some work as a guard on either one of the river traders or on a caravan.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-14 at 02:07 AM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Wetlanders are so strange. At least they had the sense to form thier hold near water, but then to not live in the hold, but in of those other places.

She had to alter her cadin'sor when she left the waste, adding some lighter green to the colors instead of the much more familiar tans and browns. At least they hadn't gotten her onto a horse. She remembered when a scout sent by the Car'a'carn tried to get her on the beast behind him. The boy didn't wake for hours.

"Soft." she announced, as she watched people going to and from the city. "These Wetlanders are too soft."
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-08-14 at 02:32 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson View Post
    Maec leaves his rental property and heads torward a local inn to try to get a few odd jobs.
    Where is this "local inn?" In the suburb you're staying in? In the City? In all seriousness, we're trying to get the party together. If you're the last one in because you're off pulling weeds in the Wisdom's garden, I'm not going to be happy with you. Roleplay to a point, but this meeting is preordained by the pattern. It WILL HAPPEN, just a matter of when and how annoyed you make me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"Soft is the word for them," Rhaern stretches in preparation for his morning run, "and we'll grow as soft if we let their ways become our own."

He heads away from the camp and north. "There should be good hunting away from the stink of these wetlanders. I say that a Red Shield can catch more than a Maiden of the Spear. What say you?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"Perhaps if you were to spend less time watching my backside, and focused more on your spears, you might." Miad smiles as she runs off into the countryside.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-08-14 at 05:55 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Garan shivers as he puts on his hat and strides into the street. Another day among the damned. He thinks to himself as he begins his patrol along the docks. He looks around at the men collecting the port tariffs. Only a week ago these men had replaced the authorities who had become good friends of Garan, these new men were strong supporters of that Dragon Reborn. The one who follows me wherever I go, and leaves a path of destruction in his wake. As he walks he mutters, Curse you, dragonspawn. Not noticing a strangely dressed foreigner passing him.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-14 at 10:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

HalflingRogueGuy

One near the docks.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

10. - Top - End - #10

Maec sees a City guard with a Guisarme. There's good odds that the Guard will know where to find work.

Secret Survival checks for the hunting of the Aiel pair made by my own dice:
    After a few hours of hunting, Miad comes back with a rabbit and a squirrel, Rhaern comes back with a pair of deer and a rabbit.

Jelor hears a city guard mutter "curse you, dragonspawn" as he walks by.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-08-14 at 06:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

HalflingRogueGuy

Maec walks up to the the guard. "Hello. I'm kind of new in town and I'm looking for work.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

As he's walking through around the docks, Jelor see's a city guardsman approach, not taking any notice of him as he passes until Jelor hears something muttered as if it wasn't meant to be heard, 'Curse you, dragonspawn.'
    Dragonsworn?! Peace, if he means me...,
    Turning and taking a step towards the guardsman, loosening the sword at his hip Jelor shoves him in the back, "Dragonsworn? I am no Dragonsworn! Yes, I follow the Lord Dragon. I have followed him since he declared himself in the skies above Falme. I was there when he battled the Dark One in the clouds but I am nothing like those other rabble who have flocked to his banner. I do not take what is not mine, I do not kill those who refuse to accept the truth! Peace!" drawing his sword fully Jelor pulls the guardsman around and strikes out with his fist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage if successful: (1d3+3)[4]

"Peace, if you wish to die this day then face me! Face he who you have claimed as Dragonsworn!" he says, reaching behind him and taking his shield from his back, and stepping into a readied stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jelor has just issued a Fighting Challange, giving him a +1 Morale bonus on Will Saves, Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-14 at 09:24 PM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Miad states in shock as he brings the deer into the camp. Her squirrel was roasting over a fire, and was nearly ready. Had she known he was going to hunt for such large game...

"I have toh."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    As he's walking through around the docks, Jelor see's a city guardsman approach, not taking any notice of him as he passes until Jelor hears something muttered as if it wasn't meant to be heard, 'Curse you, dragonspawn.'
    Dragonsworn?! Peace, if he means me...,
    Turning and taking a step towards the guardsman, loosening the sword at his hip Jelor shoves him in the back, "Dragonsworn? I am no Dragonsworn! Yes, I follow the Lord Dragon. I have followed him since he declared himself in the skies above Falme. I was there when he battled the Dark One in the clouds but I am nothing like those other rabble who have flocked to his banner. I do not take what is not mine, I do not kill those who refuse to accept the truth! Peace!" drawing his sword fully Jelor pulls the guardsman around and strikes out with his fist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed attack: [roll0]
    Damage if successful: [roll1]

"Peace, if you wish to die this day then face me! Face he who you have claimed as Dragonsworn!" he says, reaching behind him and taking his shield from his back, and stepping into a readied stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jelor has just issued a Fighting Challange, giving him a +1 Morale bonus on Will Saves, Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls.
    The attack glances off the the Guard's armor, doing nothing. Arranis, Malak'ai, and Clarkson, roll initiative.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Roll: (1d20+1)[18]

16. - Top - End - #16

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[12]

17. - Top - End - #17

GreenSorcererElf

Garran begins to answer the poor newcomer's question when he feels a sharp shove into his back. He manages to keep his footing but is surprised to see a wild, angry foreigner shouting at him.

He readies his Guisarme, "I didn't know you were one for dockworkers, mister. I don't know where you're from, but around here disturbing the peace is a minor offense."

As he talks he wonders frantically what may have set the man off. Who said anything about Dragonsw... Oh. Sh--.

Buddy, I think we may have a mis-- (Whether he finishes his sentence or not is dependent on the initiative roll).

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+2)[14]

Edit: Nope!
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-14 at 10:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

ORDER: Jelor, Garan, Maec.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"Offense or not, no insults me, OR the Lord Dragon by claiming his true followers as Dragonsworn! Peace!" Jelor yells as he strikes out with his shield hand, hoping to keep the guardsman's weapon occupied as he slashes low with his sword, turning it sharply into a upwards motion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll (Longsword): (1d20+5)[24]
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-15 at 10:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, that's a crit threat .
    Also forgot to do the damage roll so I'll do it now.
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+5)[14]
    Normal Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Crit Damage if needed: (2d8+6)[19]

EDIT: Forgot to add the extra +1 morale to damage so that'll be 8 points against Garren.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-14 at 11:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"In the wetlands the game jumps in front of you and waits while you slide a spear into it's belly." Rhaern boasts of how easy the hunt was. He will not mention her mocking words before they left on the hunt. She has acknowledged her toh and will find a way to meet it.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Miad is ashamed of herself. She boasted of her skills, and was outdone by the Red Shield.

"How are your... friends?" She would never admit to anyone, but the wolves worried her. She was afraid that they might turn and kill them both, but Rhaern will not tell them to leave. Not that she would say anything, or allow her fear to show.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #23

GreenSorcererElf

Garran staggered as the man's steel found his chest. A serious blow, if not treated soon, he thought to himself.

He steps back to take full advantage of his Guisarme's reach and shouts, You son of a Trolloc! That's a hanging offense!

He notices his breathing starts to become erratic, and prays to the light that he can keep his courage up this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to B,4 and attack Jelor with the Guisarme

(1d20+4)[22]
    If a hit, (2d4)[5] damage.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"You milk fed Southerner. You wouldn't know a Trolloc if you saw one! Peace! You wont escape my blade!" Jelor bellows in pain and anger as his foe's weapon catching him a strong glancing blow on the shoulder of his shield arm, lashing out at the guardsman's back as he tries to get away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Oppertunity 1: (1d20+5)[23]
    Possible Crit Conformation (if needed): (1d20+5)[9]
    Normal Damage: (1d8+4)[10]
    Crit Damage (if needed): (2d8+8)[19]

Attack of Oppertunity 2: (1d20+5)[24]
    Possible Crit Conformation (if needed): (1d20+5)[18]
    Normal Damage: (1d8+4)[5]
    Crit Damage (if needed): (2d8+8)[18]
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-15 at 10:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Rhaern sends his thoughts out to Red Fur "Shaggy's pack is far to the north. Red Fur is hunting alone. He does not like the stink of cities. I do not blame him. He tells me to leave him be, he's busy." He smiles at the thought, in many ways the wolf was a better hunter than he was. Together they were amazing and when the whole pack hunted, two legs and four legs alike, nothing could stop them. "I think he'll bring down bigger game than even I managed today."

Realising how much he'd caught and the fact that Red Fur was likely to have a full belly when he returned he considered going to the city to trade his catch. "Miad, will you help me hang some of my kill to dry? I'll share it of course. Or perhaps the wetlanders have some books that they would trade for the rest of the fresh meat. Let's take what we can't eat or leave to dery and see if there is trade to be had."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you mad? We are but two. Should they wish they could take us prisoner. Then what good would we be to the Car'a'carn?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #27

Garran drops. One of the commoners rushes over and tackles Jelor. (surprise, so no AOO.) A woman at the front of a shop that apparently sells herbs quickly grabs some and rushes over.

L1 cleric casting CLW:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+1)[9]

Back up to 3 HP. Both are down, although Garran isn't pinned like Jelor.

For some reason, I find it funny that a Shienaran Knight in full armor got tackled by a commoner.

Also, Garran owes the Wisdom 2 gold for services rendered.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-08-15 at 03:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Glaring at the guards body as he falls to the ground, Jelor starts wiping his blade on his foes trousers until he is struck from the side, the air in his lungs being forced out loudly as he is driven to the ground beside the fallen enemy.
    Peace! What is this? Let me go you filthy Southern dog!" Jelor snarls, struggling to break free of the man on his back.

29. - Top - End - #29

Another guard comes running down the street after hearing the commotion. Seeing his friendly guard down, but with a Wisdom helping him, he immediately turns and puts shackles on Jelor, then quickly frisks him.

Spoiler
    Show
    finds your dagger(s?). All weapons and your shield are confiscated.

He then turns to identify the guard, and upon realizing that it's the "lion" of Caemlyn, begins laughing. He quickly rounds up Maec and the commonner who tackled Jelor for use as witnesses, and brings them to the nearest guardhouse, where he summons the guard captain.

The Guard Captain says "You have a choice, Garan. You can be dishonorably discharged, or you can resign. We can't have it getting out that one of our best troopers was beaten by a random person on the street. Either way, you have to leave the city. We'll let you keep your armor, weapons, and other posessions, and if you resign the Guard will give you 5 gold."

The Guard turns to Jelor. "You are banished from this city. If you aren't gone by sundown today, we trump up another charge and hang you. Your weapons and shield will be at the Northern guardhouse. WHEN YOU LEAVE THE CITY, you may claim them.

He tells Maec, "You didn't see anything. I'd suggest leaving with Garan when you can, outlander."

He lights into the commonner, then gives him some gold and sends him away.

Your moves?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Light blind you! He insulted the Lord Dragon and send him off like a scolded child, yet you treat me, a loyal follower and defender of the Light like a rabid dog? Peace!" Jelor growls, still struggling against the chains.
    "If I must leave then I will, but I leave not because you commanded it, but because I have lingered too long in my search for the Lord Dragon."