New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #961
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Portal

Felandria tumbles out of the portal.

She needs to talk to Civvy.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    [Near The Portal]

Oliver scratches the back of his neck, then says, "I'm good too. I, uh, cam here because, as it turns out, the funny thing is that the general, shall we say, uh, griminess, of places like the Inside actually makes life more boring when you're not a, uh, a part of it. So, I came here because, as far as I can tell, most of this real, doesn't have that...griminess, of human nature." He looks slightly embarassed, mostly because this was the guy who was in such a hurry to leave Civiron's Realm.
    Near the Portal

Naku smile never falters. If anything, it turns into a greatly amused grin.
    "Well, welcome back. It's good to see you again.
    We don't have a lot of the . . . as you put it, griminess of human nature. People are still welcome to be grim if they need to be, but really, I'm the edgiest one here."
    And she shrugs slightly, evidently letting that speak for itself. "So. Are you just here on a visit? Or maybe wanting to set up shop?"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [All Spook All The Time]

Well, that's...not encouraging. But there definitely is something there. Even if it's just a pair of disembodied eyes.
    Anima (after wobbling through the earth-shaking), waves the blue wisp out towards the red glints. Sure, it's dim, but it's better than nothing.
    2 spook 2 furious

As the blue wisp gets closer, it just gets apparently dimmer and dimmer, as the darkness becomes thicker, and more oppressive.
    The eyes close for a second, and reopen a few feet off to the side, silently gliding away from the light, even as it appears to blink out in the darkness.
    The only sound apparently attached to the eyes is a sort of slow, rather heavy breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Portal

Felandria tumbles out of the portal.

She needs to talk to Civvy.
    Portal

Welllllll. Nyaku can help with that!
    The rather short catgirl is just suddenly kind of . . . there. By the portal.
    She looks a lot like the alternate-verse person she is; long, dark purple hair, red eyes, vampire fangs. The main differences are an adorable pair of kitty ears atop her head, a tail covered in the same color hair as her head, and she is far shorter than Naku.

"Nyyyyaaa hyallo~" She says to Fel, stretching slightly, apparently awoken from some kind of doze.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Near the Portal

We don't have a lot of the . . . as you put it, griminess of human nature. People are still welcome to be grim if they need to be, but really, I'm the edgiest one here."
    And she shrugs slightly, evidently letting that speak for itself. "So. Are you just here on a visit? Or maybe wanting to set up shop?"

2 spook 2 furious

As the blue wisp gets closer, it just gets apparently dimmer and dimmer, as the darkness becomes thicker, and more oppressive.
    The eyes close for a second, and reopen a few feet off to the side, silently gliding away from the light, even as it appears to blink out in the darkness.
    The only sound apparently attached to the eyes is a sort of slow, rather heavy breathing.

Portal

Welllllll. Nyaku can help with that!
    The rather short catgirl is just suddenly kind of . . . there. By the portal.
    She looks a lot like the alternate-verse person she is; long, dark purple hair, red eyes, vampire fangs. The main differences are an adorable pair of kitty ears atop her head, a tail covered in the same color hair as her head, and she is far shorter than Naku.

"Nyyyyaaa hyallo~" She says to Fel, stretching slightly, apparently awoken from some kind of doze.
    Fel stands up.

Hi there.

Any chance you could help me get in touch with Civvy?

I need to talk to her about HALO stuff.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Near the Portal

Oliver chuckles a bit when Naku says she's the edgiest one there. Responding to her question, he says,"Iiiiii'm not really sure. Either way, I'm not setting up shop during this visit. I have an apartment back in Inside, and in that apartment I have 2 cats which I didn't happen to bring with me. I'll probably just kind of look around, see what this place is all about. I left so early last time that I didn't really see anything."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-10-20 at 07:25 AM.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

5. - Top - End - #965
    Firbolg in the Playground

[3 Spook 5 Me]
    Anima waves the wisp back over to her, and heads towards the eyes' new location, more suspicious than anything.
    Is there really anyone there, or are the woods just being specifically ominous on their own? If there were really something big and scary, surely the moment when the light revealed it would be terrifying. It didn't even make a sound when it moved.
    Or maybe it's just something that really doesn't want to be looked at.
    "I'm not afraid of you." she announces to the eyes.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-05-18 at 04:32 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #966

Oliver chuckles a bit when Naku says she's the edgiest one there. Responding to her question, he says,"Iiiiii'm not really sure. Either way, I'm not setting up shop during this visit. I have an apartment back in Inside, and in that apartment I have 2 cats which I didn't happen to bring with me. I'll probably just kind of look around, so what this place is all about. I left so early last time that I didn't really see anything."
    Naku just smiles again at the chuckling.
    "Perfectly fair! Would you like an official tour, then?
    Or even a non-official tour, since this isn't your first visit and stuff should be formal and all."

Fel stands up.

Hi there.

Any chance you could help me get in touch with Civvy?

I need to talk to her about HALO stuff.
    Nyaku waves a little bit. More a movement of her fingers than her hand itself.
    "Hymmmmmm~
    I can dyo that."
    Then Nyaku just grins, seeing something amusing. "But I'm also really lyaaaazy~ And you woke me up from a lyovely nyap."

[3 Spook 5 Me]

Anima waves the wisp back over to her, and heads towards the eyes' new location, more suspicious than anything.
    Is there really anyone there, or are the woods just being specifically ominous on their own? If there were really something big and scary, surely the moment when the light revealed it would be terrifying. It didn't even make a sound when it moved.
    Or maybe it's just something that really doesn't want to be looked at.
    "I'm not afraid of you." she announces to the eyes.
    As Anima gets closer to the eyes, they vanish once again, reappearing several feet away, off to one side.

Then they blink several times at her comment, though no reply is forthcoming.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Naku just smiles again at the chuckling.
    "Perfectly fair! Would you like an official tour, then?
    Or even a non-official tour, since this isn't your first visit and stuff should be formal and all."
    [Near The Portal]

Oliver thinks for a bit. Non-official is what he's used to, but if he never really left the spooky forest, wouldn't an official tour be in order? He finally decides, saying, "A non-official tour would be great, and probably easier on the rules and paperwork and such."

8. - Top - End - #968
    Orc in the Playground

Nyaku waves a little bit. More a movement of her fingers than her hand itself.
    "Hymmmmmm~
    I can dyo that."
    Then Nyaku just grins, seeing something amusing. "But I'm also really lyaaaazy~ And you woke me up from a lyovely nyap."
    Oh, no, I. Sorry, I know how awesome naps are.

But I really do need to find Civvy.

9. - Top - End - #969

[Near The Portal]

Oliver thinks for a bit. Non-official is what he's used to, but if he never really left the spooky forest, wouldn't an official tour be in order? He finally decides, saying, "A non-official tour would be great, and probably easier on the rules and paperwork and such."
    Near the Portal

Naku laughs slightly at that. A genuine, pure,. happy sort of sound that just kind of makes you feel happy to hear.
    "Oooooh, it's really no problem. There aren't really many rules to violate at all, and I don't have paperwork for this at all. I do appreciate the thought all the same, though. Shall we?" She asks, stepping slightly to the side, and gesturing down the path away from the portal.

Oh, no, I. Sorry, I know how awesome naps are.

But I really do need to find Civvy.
    "Weeeeeeellllll. I syuppooooose." With that, Nyaku just rather nods off behind Fel, where Civvy is already standing, playing with one of those finger trap toys where you have to get your fingers together to get free.
    She hasn't figured that part out yet and is visibly straining against it.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #970

As Anima gets closer to the eyes, they vanish once again, reappearing several feet away, off to one side.

Then they blink several times at her comment, though no reply is forthcoming.
    Well, this is definitely different from the flowery pink floweriness of the realm so far.
    But it doesn't seem that bad.
    Anima resolves to let the eyes go and tries to cross the spooky forest.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Near the Portal

Naku laughs slightly at that. A genuine, pure, happy sort of sound that just kind of makes you feel happy to hear.
    "Oooooh, it's really no problem. There aren't really many rules to violate at all, and I don't have paperwork for this at all. I do appreciate the thought all the same, though. Shall we?" She asks, stepping slightly to the side, and gesturing down the path away from the portal.
    Smiling, Oliver says, "I believe the only correct response to that, is 'we shall'." He then follows Naku on this tour.

12. - Top - End - #972

Well, this is definitely different from the flowery pink floweriness of the realm so far.
    But it doesn't seem that bad.
    Anima resolves to let the eyes go and tries to cross the spooky forest.
    The eyes blink several more times.

And then realize what's going on.
    "Oh I'm sorry!" Naku says, the darkness mostly vanishing down to about the darkness of just some shade on a sunny day. Behind her is a rather massive tree trunk that she dropped off.
    Her red eyes glint in the sunlight slightly, and she flinches juuust a little bit as the darkness goes away.
    "I . . . well. I forget sometimes. My apologies.
    What, um, what brings you out this way?"
    She asks, blushing just a bit.

Behind her in the rather sizable clearing is the foundation -- well, most of it -- for what is likely to be a remarkably large house.

Smiling, Oliver says, "I believe the only correct response to that, is 'we shall'." He then follows Naku on this tour.
    "Off we go then!"

First stop is, of course, the gardens! They go on for foreeeeever. But no matter how far in you go, as soon as you want out, the exit is always just a minute or so away.
    And then off to the town, that is rather cozy, adorable, and always seems to smell like fresh bread and happiness.
    After that would be the lake with the house near the shore.
    And then he's already seen the forest with her clearing in it.

Though if he wants to stop her and comment at any point, Naku welcomes that heartily!
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee;23086503[COLOR="#800080"
    "Off we go then!"[/COLOR]

First stop is, of course, the gardens! They go on for foreeeeever. But no matter how far in you go, as soon as you want out, the exit is always just a minute or so away.
    And then off to the town, that is rather cozy, adorable, and always seems to smell like fresh bread and happiness.
    After that would be the lake with the house near the shore.
    And then he's already seen the forest with her clearing in it.

Though if he wants to stop her and comment at any point, Naku welcomes that heartily!
    Most of the time Oliver looks either happy or impressed. However, he does appear confused in the town. "How am I smelling...happiness? I know what it is, just judging by how sweet the smell is, but I never knew that happiness had a smell!"

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Civvy blinks at him a few times.
    "We. Uh. We'll work on that. No need to rush into things." And then she's gooooone, leaving just Cassian and Naku in the clearing.
    [Pleasant Morning]

Cassian shakes his head.
    "I...think I've been given some things to think about. If you'll excuse me...." he says, flapping his way back to the garden he's in charge of.

[Grace's House]

A disheveled young man in old, simple clothes and greasy black hair knocks on Grace's door, looking nervous.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-05-20 at 10:16 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #975

Town Square

Civvy nods, agreeing entirely. "We can hope."
    "But, until then, I shall live my days here as happily as I can." Jiao shakes off the momentary lapse in his mood, and picks himself back up. "So! Is there a place for me to, I suppose stay, is the best term?"

16. - Top - End - #976

Default [Spooky Forest]

Anima turns back towards the voice. How tiresome, she thinks.
    Then her eyes widen in surprise.
    "Weren't you just...back there at the bridge?" She jumps to the conclusion that it was a fake cat accent! Nyaku has even taken off her cat ears (they looked so real!) since then!

"I'm checking up on this afterlife, seeing if there's anything...suspicious going on. What was it that you forget, if I may ask?" She really is puzzled by this.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-05-20 at 11:19 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #977
    Orc in the Playground

Near the Portal
    "Weeeeeeellllll. I syuppooooose." With that, Nyaku just rather nods off behind Fel, where Civvy is already standing, playing with one of those finger trap toys where you have to get your fingers together to get free.
    She hasn't figured that part out yet and is visibly straining against it.
    Fel smiles when she sees Civvy.

Hai, Civvy!

Have you tried pushing your fingers together?

Also, have you heard from Tobias recently?

18. - Top - End - #978

Most of the time Oliver looks either happy or impressed. However, he does appear confused in the town. "How am I smelling...happiness? I know what it is, just judging by how sweet the smell is, but I never knew that happiness had a smell!"
    "Thaaat seems accurate, from my time here.
    I didn't either, until I got here. But it's nice. And you get used to it, after a while."

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Pleasant Morning]

Cassian shakes his head.
    "I...think I've been given some things to think about. If you'll excuse me...." he says, flapping his way back to the garden he's in charge of.

[Grace's House]

A disheveled young man in old, simple clothes and greasy black hair knocks on Grace's door, looking nervous.
    Morning

Civvy and Naku both wave.
    Though Naku does ask "D- . . . do you want some company?"

Grace's House

The knock catches the house's owner by surprise, and a fairly quiet -- though still audible -- 'eep!' slips out through an upstairs window.
    A few minutes later though, her door cracks open a few inches.
    "Hello?" She asks of the person on her doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Town Square

"But, until then, I shall live my days here as happily as I can." Jiao shakes off the momentary lapse in his mood, and picks himself back up. "So! Is there a place for me to, I suppose stay, is the best term?"
    Town Square

"That sounds great!
    There is! Well. Maybe not a place specific all for you, but there are plenty of houses that lay unclaimed, in various styles. I don't like to try to tell people where to live, so I leave it entirely up to you to pick which one you like the most, and just claim it as yours."

Anima turns back towards the voice. How tiresome, she thinks.
    Then her eyes widen in surprise.
    "Weren't you just...back there at the bridge?" She jumps to the conclusion that it was a fake cat accent! Nyaku has even taken off her cat ears (they looked so real!) since then!

"I'm checking up on this afterlife, seeing if there's anything...suspicious going on. What was it that you forget, if I may ask?" She really is puzzled by this.
    And grown well over a foot in height!

Naku blinks. "I- . . . what? No? I've been here a while.

Oh. I forgot it was dark. And most people don't see well in the dark. It's just a bit overly warm and bright out today, so I was fixing that while I work."

Fel smiles when she sees Civvy.

Hai, Civvy!

Have you tried pushing your fingers together?

Also, have you heard from Tobias recently?
    "OHMYGOSHYOU'REBRILLIANT.

Iiiii have not.Did something happen to him?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Morning]

Cassian shakes his head.
    "I won't be long, I just need a moment to myself. And maybe to start my garden." he insists.

[Grace's House]

The boy is relatively short, not fat but not in great shape either, and while he doesn't smell or anything, he's seen better days. He looks at Grace in surprise. Wow, he didn't know she'd be so pretty! He might stare a little bit, out of nervousness and because well, just opening the door a little still gives his eyes a little to look at...
    "Hi my name's Danny I got kicked out of my rental apartment and I need a job and I heard you're an awesome alchemist who works with a nice goddess and I wanted to know if you needed an assistant." he belts out, in a nervous way that makes his dry mouth quite obvious.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Thaaat seems accurate, from my time here.
    I didn't either, until I got here. But it's nice. And you get used to it, after a while."
    "I'm probably just going to stop worrying about how this place is so happy," Oliver says with a smile. He remains pretty quiet for the rest of the tour. When it's over, he says, "Well, I think that this is the first place I'm going after I leave my apartment! I could use some hope at home, seeing as I currently live in the slums of Inside."

21. - Top - End - #981

Default [Spooky Forest]

And grown well over a foot in height!

Naku blinks. "I- . . . what? No? I've been here a while.

Oh. I forgot it was dark. And most people don't see well in the dark. It's just a bit overly warm and bright out today, so I was fixing that while I work."
    The visitor nods. tall-Nyaku must be very sensitive to light if it's bothering her even through the shade of the trees.
    They must have been very heavy cat ears if they were squishing her down that much! Regardless, Anima is mostly just paying attention to their faces.
    "Do you have a twin or clone or something?"
    There's probably a perfectly normal explanation for all this.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #982

Default Re: [Spooky Forest]

[Pleasant Morning]

Cassian shakes his head.
    "I won't be long, I just need a moment to myself. And maybe to start my garden." he insists.

[Grace's House]

The boy is relatively short, not fat but not in great shape either, and while he doesn't smell or anything, he's seen better days. He looks at Grace in surprise. Wow, he didn't know she'd be so pretty! He might stare a little bit, out of nervousness and because well, just opening the door a little still gives his eyes a little to look at...
    "Hi my name's Danny I got kicked out of my rental apartment and I need a job and I heard you're an awesome alchemist who works with a nice goddess and I wanted to know if you needed an assistant." he belts out, in a nervous way that makes his dry mouth quite obvious.
    Morning

Naku and Civvy both wave, letting him go.

Grace's House

"Oh." Grace blinks a few times. She had nooot expected that. At all.
    Ever.
    "Um. Yes. Yes of course." She opens the door, and takes a few steps back. "Come in, please. Take a seat. You look exhausted."

"I'm probably just going to stop worrying about how this place is so happy," Oliver says with a smile. He remains pretty quiet for the rest of the tour. When it's over, he says, "Well, I think that this is the first place I'm going after I leave my apartment! I could use some hope at home, seeing as I currently live in the slums of Inside."
    "Ohhhhh. That. That does not sound pleasant at all! The slums? That's terrible.
    Would you like, we could go back to the town and take a look at some of the empty houses? See if any catch your eye?"

The visitor nods. tall-Nyaku must be very sensitive to light if it's bothering her even through the shade of the trees.
    They must have been very heavy cat ears if they were squishing her down that much! Regardless, Anima is mostly just paying attention to their faces.
    "Do you have a twin or clone or something?"
    There's probably a perfectly normal explanation for all this.
    "I-" Naku blinks a handful of more times. "Not that I am aware of. Why do you ask?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Uh, yeah sure thanks." says Danny, who will find a seat wherever she gestures him to. And maybe admire the lady a bit since she's pretty and he's nervous and doesn't know what to do with himself.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Orc in the Playground

"OHMYGOSHYOU'REBRILLIANT.

Iiiii have not.Did something happen to him?"
    Well, I don’t know, that’s the thing.

I’ve been at HALO base, and nobody’s been there in forever.

It’s just been me and this awesome kitty.

And I know that Tobias and you are the senior members, so I was hoping you would know what was up.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Ohhhhh. That. That does not sound pleasant at all! The slums? That's terrible.
    Would you like, we could go back to the town and take a look at some of the empty houses? See if any catch your eye?"
    "Why not? Maybe I could reserve a house or something." On the walk to the town, Oliver says, out of nowhere, "Ya know, the slums aren't so bad if you spruce up your apartment a little and know how to not die."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-05-22 at 06:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #986

"I-" Naku blinks a handful of more times. "Not that I am aware of. Why do you ask?"
    "Well, I just came from talking to-" Anima looks back over her shoulder, then back at Naku. "-a girl who looked just like you. ... Perhaps she was shorter, and had different ears. But the resemblance is very strong. You should go meet her, I think you'd get along!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #987

[Grace's House]

"Uh, yeah sure thanks." says Danny, who will find a seat wherever she gestures him to. And maybe admire the lady a bit since she's pretty and he's nervous and doesn't know what to do with himself.
    Grace's House

"Soooo." Grace says, sitting across from him, and chewing at the inside of her cheek slightly. "Youuuu need a job?"

Well, I don’t know, that’s the thing.

I’ve been at HALO base, and nobody’s been there in forever.

It’s just been me and this awesome kitty.

And I know that Tobias and you are the senior members, so I was hoping you would know what was up.
    "Iiii am afraid I honestly have no idea. I haven't been there in some time. Which, I mean, is kind of the problem.
    But I'm afraid I just don't know."

"Why not? Maybe I could reserve a house or something." On the walk to the town, Oliver says, out of nowhere, "Ya know, the slums aren't so bad if you spruce up your apartment a little and know how to not die."
    "Exactly!" Then some silence, then Naku continues, shaking her head slightly. "They might not be 'so bad'. But there's more to life than just surviving. And there's a certain joy in not needing to know how to not die."

"Well, I just came from talking to-" Anima looks back over her shoulder, then back at Naku. "-a girl who looked just like you. ... Perhaps she was shorter, and had different ears. But the resemblance is very strong. You should go meet her, I think you'd get along!"
    Naku blinks several more times.
    "Ummm. I'll take that under consideration. We'll see.
    What, uh, what can I do for you? What brings you out my way?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

The young man nods rigorously.
    "Yes! If you need help in the lab, extra hands, testing things, I'm your guy! Uh, preferably safe stuff though. I figured someone who lives like, with a goddess with such a good reputation I wouldn't have to worry about like, testing zombie viruses or anything nasty." he admits nervously.

29. - Top - End - #989

[Grace's House]

The young man nods rigorously.
    "Yes! If you need help in the lab, extra hands, testing things, I'm your guy! Uh, preferably safe stuff though. I figured someone who lives like, with a goddess with such a good reputation I wouldn't have to worry about like, testing zombie viruses or anything nasty." he admits nervously.
    Grace's House

Grace listens, and nods a few times.
    "All right, sure, sure. Definitely aren't testing anything nasty like that, you are correct. I could use an extra pair of hands around the lab, sure.

But for now though, you look absolutely famished."
    She continues, frowning slightly, her desire to see people fed and not going hungry battling for her current thought process. "Are you hungry? You look as though you haven't eaten in a week."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Danny hesitates, then nods.
    "Um, I could probably eat something, yeah."
    He's not so broke that he hasn't actually eaten anything in days, but he's been living on very cheap food for a while. And it was stressful, working up the nerve to come all the way out here.