New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Discussion time! All of the Mane 6 have a pet. Which pet do you think each minor character would have?

Also have some pony pics
    Spoiler
    Show

Why have I not seen a Twixie fic where Trixie goes to Twilight for training?

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Discussion time! All of the Mane 6 have a pet. Which pet do you think each minor character would have?
    Blueblood: Peacock
    Lyra: Nightmare Dimension Fragment
    Scratch: Parrot
    Derpy: Derpy Blob

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    - they are actually cancelling Wolverine. I... don't even...

*skulldesk*
    Eh, he'll be back. Mutant regenerating powers, remember?

Tom should have a pet rock.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jesus... Unconscious for 2 days, and missed basically 3 pages...

Also, apparently, one of my Coworkers is a Brony. I told them about how I was late coming in because I locked myself in my car and couldn't get out. They all laughed. I remarked that I don't know what happened myself. And this coworker called me Derpy Whooves. Which is a pretty dead giveaway.

I wonder if this worker knows I know he's a Brony... I wonder if this worker thinks I'm a Brony. I've used Derp, and Herp, and Urp before. Derped, too. But I don't think I've ever spoken a name out loud. Still...

Random incident is Random, carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    This be the sorcery of GODS! Or you know, you could just find out here. Or for more research just search for the flavor by name, "Man Bait".
    Man Bait... that just sounds wrong. And yet I know I'd fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Who sits around making things like this!?! I want to be a test subject!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Actually not that often, I just felt like it was a opportunity for it.
    Really? I'm surprised there isn't more trolling done on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    ...you're no fun.
    Oh come on, how am I no... ahh... you seriously almost had me there. I am not opening Pandora's Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Only the Queen's finest. Chip chip!
    Crazy Fancy Talk....

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I don't think I could officially embrace this show on the forums because I'd be doing it for the wrong reason (attention ... gathering [for lack of a better word]).

Just gonna keep on truckin' (not literally, figuratively) till the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    So I was flipping through channels on my at&t uverse and got to some channel named the hub. And I saw this thing:
    Spoiler
    Show

I then immediately realized that the hub symbol I had seen in some funny clips was this same one. Apparently this show appears at 3:38 am and perhaps before/after this time on Sunday for my location. I of course immediately turned off the TV even though no one else is up so as to save my reputation and prevent any possible repercussions that might arise if I would be seen. I also just remembered that I will need to change the channel 2 times to make sure there is no evidence of association with that channel as I am person of the paranoid variety.

Bottom line: Too much of a chicken to watch the show... even when no one else would know.

EDIT: There, changed the channel to 2 and 4 (news channels). Now, no one will suspect anything. As usual I delete my internet history of this page as well but that's just normal precautions.

EDIT2: Just asked my cat whether or not this was the right course of action and he agreed with me (after I petted him a bit in such a way that he nodded).
    Internet, my friend. So much easier to get away with it on the internet (obviously on a proxy server with every single bit of information possibly traceable immediately deleted, and a way to immediately shut down everything to avoid being caught). Though I delete my history mainly because I go to so many places, the cookies and files saved slow me down over time.

Still, it's just a show. It's not that bad, and it's worth a fair shot to see what you might think. And even if you don't like it, that doesn't mean you can't hang out here. I still do.
    Well, for a kick off, I don't have one primary team, I have, like, thirteen (and two in preparation.)
    Ah... Given there's almost 700 Pokemon now, I suppose that makes some sense, actually. I certainly couldn't choose my top 20... let alone my top 6...
    You don't know to know.
    Wha?
    Heck, I don't want to know...
    .... if she can find you, you might not want to play stupid for too long... better know and be ready than caught with your britches down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    All that matters is if it matters to you.

Have a cute filly motorboat my rubber chicken? Hell yeah!
    .... I don't know how to respond to that. By the definitions I know, I now need Brain Bleach.

But I have no freaking idea what that might mean to a pony. And it scares me more so because it might be worse.
    Earning a title trivializes it?
    No, the picking of a title yourself without earning it.
    The kids for whom ADHD is a life-imparing illness and the kids for whom it's a minor issue tend to be differentiated by how much they use ADHD as a crutch. How much they were defined by others using it. ADHD is not an excuse for anything. It is not a shield to hide behind when things are hard or things go wrong.
    Eh, my ADHD isn't as bad as my depression, and this has actually been a rather productive year for me. Found my Faith, Got a Job, Back to School, Lost 30 Lbs., and am working on a girlfriend...

It's annoying having to work just to focus, but I'm not particularly bothered by it.
    Nope. She was top by the government that massaging a horse was a crime and did it anyway. She didn't try to fix the problem by appealing, or by working with legislators to correct a seeming issue with the law. She said "I don't like your rules so I'm not goin to play by them" and then got in trouble for breaking the rules. That's what is supposed to happen.
    I thought she was just doing something she had been doing all her life, just without a little slip of paper given to her by the Man for something she's already skilled at.

Just a random possible conversation piece; doesn't particularly matter to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Big picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm taking a short study break at the moment, but this comic adequately expresses how I feel today (I would be Pinkie, not Twilight). Just, so much reading.

Spoiler
    Show
    ... I didn't know Ponies could learn through Osmosis...
    Barely one page in twenty four hours? Okay, who's been eating ponythreaders?
    I dunno, everyone's gotta have some time to need to rest... Even Sonic the Hedgehog has to stop and see where he's going.

@shipping: You guys match together anything and everything, or so it seems... If it has a pulse, it can be shipped, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    And on a more Tetris related note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    .... ****, now I have to put up with the Tetris theme in my head for the next week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    WHAT. SHOW. WAS. THIS.
    Quoted for emphasis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    INoKnowNames, Here is something that you may enjoy. Given your interest in things like fighting is magic.
    I'm incredibly saddened that this person doesn't seem to be able to code the core element of the gameplay in, but it still looks interesting, at least.

Also, hey I got called out specifically for something!
    But all this waffling is tearing you apart.
    Psh, that's not tearing me apart (... maybe one of the things mentally). I've got a hell of a lot more bothering me than just the delusions of my own mind.

Go for it! I'm at least interested, and I suspect some other ponythreaders would be as well.
    Well... if I were to explain both of them, really sit down and think about 'em... I'm scared I'm probably blatantly plagiarizing, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beings that can transform from humanoid form into that of various types of monsters, each from different planes of existence, had been fighting for eons, trying to eliminate each other and gain control over each other's worlds. With no end in sight, and no headway being gained, it seemed as if only the entropy of the multiverse would end the havoc.

However, the appearance of a new realm, Earthrealm, cause the leaders of some of the tribes to think of a new policy, to lessen the bloodshed and killing.

After a time, it was decided that every 500 years, a random Earthling would be imbued with the power of each type of race vying for status. This Imbued would be informed of the incredible responsibilities that they've just received, and the power they've been blessed with. They would be forced to fight against each other on Earth, reducing their numbers down, until the final battle can be held at the realm of the previous round's champion. And the newest champion's race would essentially rule the multiverse.

This particular tale follows one Imbued with the powers of the Dragon. However, this boy will struggle with being forced to fight in a competition that he was never given a choice in fighting, while protecting the lives of his family and friends, and maintaining his former life style.

I think that's the general gist of the first one. Though I thought a lot more about the present for both than the majority of the background.

And the other... feels a bit harder to explain in a blurb, to be honest. I'll think about it more and see what I can do to really say it.

But neither are really very good...
    Then give up. Or start. Either one, whatever. If you sit down and write and it sucks, you've got the practice, you'll do better next time. No one plops out a golden egg just like that. Everyone builds up to it.
    Ask yourself; is getting better good enough? Or do I have to be at Master Level right now? Because everyone has to practice. Everyone.
    Miss Frizzle said it best. Take chances. Make mistakes. Get messy.
    Then give up. Or don't. But pick one!
    It's not like I expect to be good or anything... I know I don't have the next Harry Potter in my head... I've never thought about even remotely writing anything before... at least not for a while.... I'm too young to look back with regret, but my life's passing me by, and I don't know what I want to do, when so many people around me are progressing with themselves... I don't want to stand still anymore. And to that end, I need to point myself in a direction and start walking, which I can't do if I let myself be distracted when I'm trying to focus.

You remind me of so many people talking to me now… and it’s all things I know, too… I just don’t know why my body and mind are so out of sync…
    And if you want the glory and not the hard work, then you don't want to do a Thing, you just want adulation. If so, reflect on that.
    DON'T YOU -DARE- SAY EVEN MAKE THAT ACCUSATION! THAT IS NOT ME AT ALL! I may be a bit afraid of failure, but the one thing I'm NOT scared of in any way, shape, or form, is work! I may not know what my life's purpose is, and I might be scared to try to give birth to something I might not be ready to properly nurture, but you can damn well bet all your apples that I'm more than willing to put my entire soul into a project, merely due to having the chance to use my soul at all, and not because of the end result!

The main reason these dreams are even being considered being put down is not because I expect anyone or anything to respond to them even remotely positively. It's mostly to put my own mind at ease. But I'd have already given them up if I thought it's to try to earn someone else's vindication! I know that the most important thing is that I'm the one to care about them in the end!

.... with that out of the way, here's some images I found.

Spoiler
    Show

Slightly NSFW:
    http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/704 (based on content)
    http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/811 (based on language)

Should Spike get a pet?

Also have some pony pics
    Spoiler
    Show

A Twixie? Isn't that a candy? Anywho, Trixie seems like she's too vain or arrogant to admit to Twilight being better than her, let alone taking lessons from Twilight to get better at it... the haughty needs to be broken first. Though that might make a fairly decent episode...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-24 at 01:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post

You might like this story, as it seems to be heading in that direction.
    that is a good story.

can't quite remember if it does ship them though...been ages since i read it
    will have to skim it before i start the sequel
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    They're playing on Master, so gameplay's based more on sliding and rotating after hitting the ground. Just wait until they hit Invisible.

(Example. Needs more ponies, though.)
    My brain hurts just watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Two-thirds of a reason is good enough for me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    HHHNGADS my spleen has ruptured.

Well, Applejack would have a dog...

Kidding.

Lyra has a pet monkey. After all, that's pretty close to humans, right?

BonBon has an angelfish. I have no idea why.

Octavia has a ferret: can be classy, can be outright dangerous.

I like the idea of Vinyl having a parrot.

Also have some pony pics
    Spoiler
    Show

I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

My OTPs:

TwiLestia

BraeMac

DiamondSpoon

ScootaBelle

FlutterDashPie

AppleSpike (AJ, not AB)

RariPants

TrixRa (Trixie/Lyra)

FlimFlam

LunaTwist

ThunderMare (MayorMare/Chief Thunderhooves)

TrixAlis (Trixie/Chysalis)

BlueCake (Mr. & Mrs Cake/Blueblood OT3)

Okay, I kinda got silly there. Only about 3 or 4 of those are supported, and even then not strongly. Try to guess which!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Diego: Fantastic
    Yes, I am, aren't I?

Or was that in response to me beig receptive to reading FO:E?

Also, tonight I just entered one of my most surreal new hobbies: Random Anime Watching. I grab something off shippuuden and watch it without knowing anything about what I'm getting myself into.

I was rewarded with this image, of a giant robot causing a sonic rainboom after decapitating an evil catholic robot while two girls kissed.

Spoiler
    Show

This was the first episode.
    Kannazuki no Miko. If I had to describe it it would be "Exalted.avi". Solar, Lunar Bond, Abyssal, kung fu fighting in giant robots. Not the best anime but I'm enjoying it so far.
    I'll have to give this a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

They're playing on Master, so gameplay's based more on sliding and rotating after hitting the ground. Just wait until they hit Invisible.

(Example. Needs more ponies, though.)
    Oh my God...

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Also have some pony pics
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie's sisters have rabbits. Some kind of burrowing animal, at any rate.

Mayor Mare has a goldfish, or a tank with several containing several of them.

On another note, Lyra looks adorable in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Should Spike get a pet?
    Doesn't Peewee count?

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I'll have to give this a go.
    I prefer G Gundam for my martial arts mecha needs.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    In Marvel's defense, I can't think of a Marvel villain (or hero really, at this point) that didn't get a chance to smash around Wolverine a couple times.* He could use a bit of a break.

This may be hyperbole. I'm sure there's some Marvel character out there that hasn't fought Wolverine.
    Did I mention (not that I read it, nor would I have done after One More Day), they are also cancelling Amazing Spider-Man as well?

Also: so what? It's like saying Batman has fought everyone in the DCU, so they should give him a rest. I mean Wolverine is ridiculously popular for a reason.

And, more to the point, it's my second-favourite character they're squirrelling away (well, moving to Uncanny Avengers titles); and while I'm not objecting especially to Wolverine actually fighting some supervillains for a change (because seriously, he very frequently doesn't, just thugs and guys he can skewer, or Wolverine-specific people from his past out to get him), that title has no other characters I like (anymore, Rogue: you used to be fun, now you're just walking angst), Thor (who I'm totally ambivilent about) and Scarlet Witch, who I think is the most risable character in the entire Marvel U (aside from the Shi'Ar and Gladiator) and should have been disembowled for the mass murderer and worse she is, not put on a superhero team.)

Eh, he'll be back. Mutant regenerating powers, remember?
    He might be, but I'll be fragged if I'm going to keep buying substandard crap until he does, and seeing as how I have no local comic store anymore, and have no way of keeping up to date aside from checking the internet regularly (which I just really don't want to be doing, on the off chance Marvel are going to dain to write something I want to read, while they're all up their own posteriors with the big event nonsense every five minutes these days - none of which I can follow away anymore, unless I want to wait six months for the trades or spend ages trawling ebay and spending crap loads on postage).

So yeah.

Roll on MLP comic, because it probably won't be quite as stupid as some of Marvel's ideas at current.

Because in order to get to that level of imcompetance, they would have to spilt up the Mane Six, send Twilight off to, I dunno, join a team of catoblepas with Lyra and DISCORD, Fluttershy gets killed off (and maybe replaced with a younger version of herself from another timeline in an obscure spin-off), Spike gets turned into a weregoldfish and gets written out, Rarity becomes pratically manic depressive and spends all her time trying to decide between Blueblood (who has become a hero at some point, but still acts like a villain, and people keep pretending to be Blueblood to be villains, but they're not really, and she had a relationship with a clone or something of Blueblood some time ago) and Fancy Pants, no-one is quite sure what is going to happen to the other three, and there is a new Mane Six consists of the same characters but plucked from different points in time.

(No, I'm not even kidding on that last one, they're doing this with the original X-Men and bringing Jean back; which almost certainly means the end of Cyclops and Emma, (one way or another; the current Cyclops - who is now at a point that for the first time ever I actually like him) - might not even survive this whatever (I do notice he's not mention by names on anyone the other rosters, and while it's possible the Cyke in this title might be the current one, it's far from certain.)

You don't know want to know.
    Wha?
    *skulldesk*

How many times I have read that and not seen that typo?

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames
    .... if she can find you, you might not want to play stupid for too long... better know and be ready than caught with your britches down.
    Oh, I do know, I just would rather I didn't...!

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames
    Should Spike get a pet?
    He already has one (by the end of season 2), Peewee.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-24 at 07:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Spamalot in the Playground

That said, if I did have to choose a pairing, I think these two would be cute.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I can see what's happening."

"What?"

"And they don't have a clue."

"Who?"

"They'll fall in love, and here's the bottom line-- Our Trio's gone to two."

"Oh."

Also have some pony pics
    Spoiler
    Show

That would rock as stationary.

On OTPs--
    Well, not big on them, but lately I admit to browsing for some Apple Pie. Probably more in a manner like the episode "Look Before You Sleep", where Pinkie and AJ get lost somewhere and have to work together to get back. Would make for the usual "Work vs. Play" kind of story lesson, but somehow I could see AJ trying to do a spontaneous song. And failing for laughs. which I guess would technically be a success?

On Background Pets--
    ...I got nothing. Though the thought of "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PET GROOMING SERVICE GO!!" comes to mind.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    HHHNGADS my spleen has ruptured.
    Oh, does that mean you don't want these cookies...

Spoiler
    Show

... or ice cream...

Spoiler
    Show

... or cake...

Spoiler
    Show

... or tea?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Doesn't Peewee count?
    If Peewee counts, does Spike himself count?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

You might like this story, as it seems to be heading in that direction.
    Thanks, I might take a peek at it sometime.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

...and Scarlet Witch, who I think is the most risable character in the entire Marvel U (aside from the Shi'Ar and Gladiator) and should have been disembowled for the mass murderer and worse she is, not put on a superhero team.)
    Wow, she must have done something seriously bad for the mass-murdering space lich to condemn her.

Re: Peewee
    Don't forget guys, that INo hasn't seen the whole series yet. (Hurry up, dude! Not long before the new season starts.)
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, she must have done something seriously bad for the mass-murdering space lich to condemn her.
    Well, let's start with the fact that she went bonkers with her powers and straight-up murdered a few of the Avengers, then later, as the X-Men and Avengers and Magneto were decided whether or nor they should youthenise her in her comatose state because she was that fricking dangerously unstable, she up and went and re-wrote the entire world so that mutants were in charge and humans were repressed, completly altering history and thus most people's personalities therein; and when shockingly, this turned out to be just as crap if not more so than the current status quo, she threw another tantrum and switched it back (and who knows how many souls that were created and/or erased by those transitions, how many people were never born and who now never were - a fate far worse than mere death1) while simultaneously, permenantly and irrevocably de-powered all the mutants in the world (including Jubilee) save for two hundred or so mutants that made their saving throw; that's "de-powered" not "de-mutated" meaning that there were a fair number of physical mutants who lost their secondary powers that allowed their physical mutations to function, directly leading to their immediate deaths, let alone those who were using their active powers at the time, and futher more, the fallout of which directly lead to the deaths of about sixty of the expanded X-men school students and X-Men, including several of the major characters.

And that's not touching on the knock-on effects, like making the Skrull invasion much easier with millions of mutants out of the way, or the other tragedies that spawned from it.

So yeah, she did something seriously bad.

1E.g. just one example that we know of, Spider-Man's son Richie from his alternate-world marriage to a never-dead Gwen Stacy.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Colossus in the Playground

"What?"

"Who?"

"Oh."
    So, uh... in this metaphor, Fluttershy is Scar? Making Rarity Zira?

Or is it Discord as Scar with Chrysalis as Zira?

Either way that's going to be one heck of a showdown.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, let's start with the fact that she went bonkers with her powers and straight-up murdered a few of the Avengers, then later, as the X-Men and Avengers and Magneto were decided whether or nor they should youthenise her in her comatose state because she was that fricking dangerously unstable, she up and went and re-wrote the entire world so that mutants were in charge and humans were repressed, completly altering history and thus most people's personalities therein; and when shockingly, this turned out to be just as crap if not more so than the current status quo, she threw another tantrum and switched it back (and who knows how many souls that were created and/or erased by those transitions, how many people were never born and who now never were - a fate far worse than mere death1) while simultaneously, permenantly and irrevocably de-powered all the mutants in the world (including Jubilee) save for two hundred or so mutants that made their saving throw; that's "de-powered" not "de-mutated" meaning that there were a fair number of physical mutants who lost their secondary powers that allowed their physical mutations to function, directly leading to their immediate deaths, let alone those who were using their active powers at the time, and futher more, the fallout of which directly lead to the deaths of about sixty of the expanded X-men school students and X-Men, including several of the major characters.
    Euthanize. And that's one flick of a long angry sentence you got there, mr. Lich sir.

Edit: unless it's some obscure way to unlive somebody via time-reversal. Everything is possible in comics and cartoons. Googling Chronotons revealed it's a rather popular name for a fictional particle.
    Last edited by fizmat; 2012-09-24 at 09:25 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

well, you can thank San Francisco for giving the pony haters some more ammunition...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Doesn't Peewee count?
    He already has one (by the end of season 2), Peewee.
    Ah. I hadn't made it that far yet.

Re: Peewee
    Don't forget guys, that INo hasn't seen the whole series yet. (Hurry up, dude! Not long before the new season starts.)
    By Wendesday, I should have quite a bit of it watched. I'll report back later on my findings. I've just been busy.

I prefer G Gundam for my martial arts mecha needs.
    You can never have enough Martial Arts, Mecha, or any combination of both.

*skulldesk*

How many times I have read that and not seen that typo?
    It had a very good hide check modifier.

Oh, I do know, I just would rather I didn't...!
    .... is it that bad?

"What?"

"Who?"

"Oh."
    They sound so weird with those voices!

On Background Pets--
    ...I got nothing. Though the thought of "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PET GROOMING SERVICE GO!!" comes to mind.
    I can only imagine how chaotic things might get from something like that...

....so just another day for Ponyville, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post

Spoiler
    Show

... or ice cream...

Spoiler
    Show

... or cake...

Spoiler
    Show

... or tea?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

If Peewee counts, does Spike himself count?
    Spike seems a bit too intelligent to count as a pet. Slavery is only approvable when the Slave in question isn't smart enough to realise it's a slave.

Even Evil has Standards. Though really, the writing crew for Marvel are just... eh.

And that's not touching on the knock-on effects, like making the Skrull invasion much easier with millions of mutants out of the way, or the other tragedies that spawned from it.

1E.g. just one example that we know of, Spider-Man's son Richie from his alternate-world marriage to a never-dead Gwen Stacy.
    I'm surprised no one here has toped carnage and chaos on that level a scale. Though it certainly doesn't void any of the above.

So, uh... in this metaphor, Fluttershy is Scar? Making Rarity Zira?

Or is it Discord as Scar with Chrysalis as Zira?

Either way that's going to be one heck of a showdown.
    Wait... Scar vs Zira? I thought it was Scar vs Mufasa, and then Simba... didn't Scar mate with Zira?

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    well, you can thank San Francisco for giving the pony haters some more ammunition...
    Spoiler
    Show
    .... is that picture entirely safe for work? It burns my eyes... to think I'm almost from there... San Francisco is just generally an odd place...

.... that probably is what most people think off when they first hear about MLP. While I decided to at least try to be open minded, I wouldn't have been surprised by this way back when, especially when I first heard about it from 4-chan and such. (I had a very bad experience in College involving 4-chan. It changed me. ;.;)
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-24 at 10:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

non pony related
    now you know the untold story of Pac Man

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It seems to be that whenever pony cosplay crosses into trying to actually look like a pony it goes terribly terribly wrong.

Ponies are either to be fully anthropomorphized or not at all.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

... or ice cream...

Spoiler
    Show

... or cake...

Spoiler
    Show

... or tea?

Spoiler
    Show
    The cyber pancreas! It does nothing! Excuse me, I have a sugar coma to which I must attend.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    ... But first, I have to claw out my eyes.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

My OTPs:

TwiLestia

BraeMac

DiamondSpoon

ScootaBelle

FlutterDashPie

AppleSpike (AJ, not AB)

RariPants

TrixRa (Trixie/Lyra)

FlimFlam

LunaTwist

ThunderMare (MayorMare/Chief Thunderhooves)

TrixAlis (Trixie/Chysalis)

BlueCake (Mr. & Mrs Cake/Blueblood OT3)

Okay, I kinda got silly there. Only about 3 or 4 of those are supported, and even then not strongly. Try to guess which!
    BraeMac, huh? I had that thought once. Then I remembered that they are cousins.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Well... if I were to explain both of them, really sit down and think about 'em... I'm scared I'm probably blatantly plagiarizing, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beings that can transform from humanoid form into that of various types of monsters, each from different planes of existence, had been fighting for eons, trying to eliminate each other and gain control over each other's worlds. With no end in sight, and no headway being gained, it seemed as if only the entropy of the multiverse would end the havoc.

However, the appearance of a new realm, Earthrealm, cause the leaders of some of the tribes to think of a new policy, to lessen the bloodshed and killing.

After a time, it was decided that every 500 years, a random Earthling would be imbued with the power of each type of race vying for status. This Imbued would be informed of the incredible responsibilities that they've just received, and the power they've been blessed with. They would be forced to fight against each other on Earth, reducing their numbers down, until the final battle can be held at the realm of the previous round's champion. And the newest champion's race would essentially rule the multiverse.

This particular tale follows one Imbued with the powers of the Dragon. However, this boy will struggle with being forced to fight in a competition that he was never given a choice in fighting, while protecting the lives of his family and friends, and maintaining his former life style.

I think that's the general gist of the first one. Though I thought a lot more about the present for both than the majority of the background.

And the other... feels a bit harder to explain in a blurb, to be honest. I'll think about it more and see what I can do to really say it.

But neither are really very good...

It's not like I expect to be good or anything... I know I don't have the next Harry Potter in my head... I've never thought about even remotely writing anything before... at least not for a while.... I'm too young to look back with regret, but my life's passing me by, and I don't know what I want to do, when so many people around me are progressing with themselves... I don't want to stand still anymore. And to that end, I need to point myself in a direction and start walking, which I can't do if I let myself be distracted when I'm trying to focus.

Should Spike get a pet?

A Twixie? Isn't that a candy? Anywho, Trixie seems like she's too vain or arrogant to admit to Twilight being better than her, let alone taking lessons from Twilight to get better at it... the haughty needs to be broken first. Though that might make a fairly decent episode...
    That actually sounds pretty good. For a very rough draft anyways. Seriously give it a shot and we will do our best to help you improve.

Spike kinda has a pet. It's kinda hard to tell where Phoenixs fall on the intelligence scale. So either he has an adopted child or a pet.

Yeah there is some events that would need to take place first for it to happen. That's why I would want it to be a fan fic and not an episode. The Fan fic would hopefully go through the effort of explaining Trixie's circumstances.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that Rainbow Dash a man or a women? I really can't tell. Also is the rider supposed to be anything?

Overall though I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing, just a little weird.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

... or ice cream...

Spoiler
    Show

... or cake...

Spoiler
    Show

... or tea?

Spoiler
    Show
    It's official. Long exposure to ponythread has rendered me almost completely impervious to what would otherwise be hazardous levels of cute.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spike seems a bit too intelligent to count as a pet. Slavery is only approvable when the Slave in question isn't smart enough to realise it's a slave.
    Mmm. To be wary of spoilers, I will simply say that the episode in question draws several very distinct parallels between Peewee and Spike.

Also it has some of the most heartbreaking cartoon photographs, but that has little or nothing to do with pets.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Also it has some of the most heartbreaking cartoon photographs, but that has little or nothing to do with pets.
    Spike really can't catch a break. (I choose to think he was taking that picture and just ran out of frames for his own)

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    So? It's not like they'll have to worry about inbreeding.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Euthanize. And that's one flick of a long angry sentence you got there, mr. Lich sir.

Edit: unless it's some obscure way to unlive somebody via time-reversal. Everything is possible in comics and cartoons. Googling Chronotons revealed it's a rather popular name for a fictional particle.
    No, it's just an incompetant typo, because it was first in the morning...

.... is it that bad?
    She's trying to Ship. A. Lich! Of course it's that bad! *shudder*

I think it's hilarious, personally.

You... heard that, didn't you? Ohcrap.

*spifflicate*

Does that answer your question, Hopereaver?

woo...lookit the preddy stars...

Yeah, that's what I thought.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-24 at 12:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

Yikes. She rewrote reality while in a coma?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeesh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Indeed. It's not a ship I support, if only because SoarBurn and CaraMac are better :P
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show