New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1456
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn III: Can A Fox Even Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    It doesn't distract him at all, he keeps staring with those heart shaped eyes.
    After another moment (and another sigh), Naku stood up on fairly shaky knees, she attempts to bop him across the nose.
    Mostly to try to shake the <3s out of his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    ((Don't sweat it, Mee, RL before RP.))

The tiny dragon squeeks at him happily, then heads off to say hello to others in the Inn.
    ((Thanks.))

The elf watches, a silly, happy grin on his face. He likes dragons.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1412

As he's bopped across the nose, Songdancer shakes his head quickly and blinks, losing those heart-shaped eyes.
    "I gotta say Naku, you were one cool looking Human and you're a cool looking pony."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Clarissa is disappointed! She didn't learn a single new thing about any of her comrades! The stories were supposed to be open and elaborate! Heck, Dave didn't even have the decency to lie about his past for Becky's listening pleasure. Clarissa sighs. It was inevitable. She mentally berates herself. She should have gone first and set the precedent to secure this sharing as a not bad idea! Unshaken, Clarissa closes her eyes and begins to relate her own tale, every moment of her life being reviewed and filtered as she goes about initiating her performance.

"I've been around since the beginning of the cosmos back where I existed. Well, I was around since before then, truth be told, but that time was boring. Nothing much was happening."

"I was awakened when the mortal plane was birthed, along with all the other divine elements. There was no differentiation between us. We were. We were as much together as we were apart."

"Things were relatively boring as we planned and plotted on what the universe would be. Nothing interesting really stuck out from the mundane, everyday drudgery up until you humans were created!"

"Humans were our first attempt at spawning an intelligent, viable sapient species. We did a fine job, I'd say. We succeeded. Regrettably, that was our first mistake."

"We took to bickering over the stance we should take in maximizing or minimizing our contact and interactions with humans. A faction of us adopted the philosophy of existing side-by-side hand-in-hand with mankind. Others protested. They were proponents of the notion that we should stay out of the incredibly short lives of you mortals. All of the sublime contributors to the cosmos were either vehemently opposed to the concept that we could thrive with you humans or that you couldn't survive anywhere remotely near our 'hearts.' The tension grew and grew exponentially. It led to a schism within our ranks. Some beings began to eschew the others and ridicule and deride them to no end. Those others retaliated by taking up arms against the ones who offended them. Boom! Escalation blows up into all out war!"

"I did my best to remain a neutral party. The only neutral party. I probably got the worst of that war out of anyone."

"The supernaturals favoring communing with humans migrated to another plane we had recently crafted. They began operating there. They became known as demons. They weren't mean or evil in their relations with you guys until humans willingly offered them power. The capricious devils became avaricious after a few humans donated and devoted their souls to them. Such is the nature of power."

"The powers that be who boasted that they were of high ideals and moral standards who placed undue emphasis on ethics took to calling themselves angels collectively. They were snobs. They kicked me right out of that plane for not siding with them, even though I didn't side with the demons either."

"One thing led to another. I was isolated. Nobody liked me. They dared not mess with me, though. I'd have exterminated them all if they did. I wasn't powerful enough for that then, but I'd have no doubt annihilated them later on."

"I was sad and alone. Then, it dawned on me! It struck me like a fist! I decided to go make friends with the humans! That required my manifesting myself on their plane. I took physical form and shape. I was born to a middle-income family. I saw the psychiatrist frequently. My parents thought there was something wrong with me, 'cause I knew things that children shouldn't know and I observed things that some 'credible experts' coined 'paranormal activity.' The rest of them said I was a looney and deserved to be locked up in case I might endanger society. That's probably because I almost killed a girl in the 1st grade for trying to beat me up. She was covered in bite marks like a wild animal had mauled her when they found her. She was so traumatized that she chose to be a mute from that point on. Somebody must have ratted me out. I should've double checked that all the stalls in the girl's bathroom were empty before putting the hurt on her."

"It was okay. My parents were kinda frightened of me, but Grandma wasn't! I talked with her everyday after school. She visited me at night too, when she felt like it. It's a shame that she was dead. She was a really cool person, though. You would have enjoyed her company, Dave!"

"I worked my way through college. The doctors had written that I had mellowed out enough to be allowed to live on my own, and my folks had consented to that years before, so I switched to another apartment in another city. The rent was less and the tuition was low. It wasn't horrible."

"Ages before that, people had started sacrificing things to me. I knew about it when I wasn't in human form, but when the items I needed started randomly materializing around me in human form, I was spooked and surprised. Worked my way through med school. Became a surgeon. Life was good. Got drunk one evening while partying with some friends. I awoke to find all of them missing even though their cars were still parked in front of the house."

"Everything was terrible from that point on. I murdered detective after detective until the police department was forced to designate the case too hazardous to toil away at."

"I was born again in the Middle Ages as a sorceress, daughter of Gorlois, step-sister of Arthur. That's about all the lore written about me that was accurate. He was a jovial, friendly guy! We got along just fine. I never once tried killing him. I think I killed a handful of his loyal subjects every time and again. I can remember him shouting, 'For the umpteenth time, Morgan, the peasants aren't to be used in your perverse tests and trials!' Ha! I returned to my spiritual form after that life."

"Humans expanded to space, started a genocide campaign against another species, and provoked me into fighting against them. I slew loads of people again before I found myself here, resonating within a considerable portion of an enemy's mind. The rest of the story is self-explanatory."

-------
    [Trium and Spec's Room]

True, true. The UGWD is faulty in its detection of other combatants. It assumes people are fair game unless the opposite is proven.

Spec responds well to the snuggling, smile expanding to overtake most of her face. Her eyes are closed. Her breathing is deep, content, and relaxed.

She's at peace.

"Tell me you'll never leave me."

4. - Top - End - #1414

The man and hooded figure at the bar would reply to Fade and the dragon, but those two seem to be deadtimed. So they just sit and listen.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

5. - Top - End - #1415

Dave looks a bit...confused.
    "So you're half-angel and half-demon because you were neutral? How did you become the ruler of Hell then?"
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-01-12 at 09:09 PM.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1416

As he's bopped across the nose, Songdancer shakes his head quickly and blinks, losing those heart-shaped eyes.
    "I gotta say Naku, you were one cool looking Human and you're a cool looking pony."
    "Thank you."
    Naku says, nodding to him slightly.
    "It's just that walking is really, really weird . . ."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The man and hooded figure at the bar would reply to Fade and the dragon, but those two seem to be deadtimed. So they just sit and listen.
    ((Deadtime is no reason not to replie to them. Actually I'm just in another time Zone so it would be best leaving me something to react to.))

Ok chez that wouldn't be against the rule, but still how should they have arm wrestling then? Fade didn't knew that her strength is related to her size. After all Fade just asked for things to eveb make this arm wrestling.

Now Fade waits for the two guys to answer his question.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #1418

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Thank you."
    Naku says, nodding to him slightly.
    "It's just that walking is really, really weird . . ."
    "Well, you do have four legs now, so it's bound to feel weird..."
    He smiled.
    "But now you can understand what it's like to be me!"
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #1419

GnomeWizardGuy

An old looking and grey-haired Flarg fades into existence sitting in a chair at the bar. Same place different time.... he mutters, looking around. If anyone can sense auras they will see what look like multiple layers of shadow surrounding him. His glove, his necklace, and the two pins on his jacket all emanate dark energies. He retrieves a platinum piece from his coin belt and taps the bar with it. A cigar, a rum on the rocks, and what year it is and this shiny platinum is yours. he says to no one in particular.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #1420

After a few moments Fade comes over with the cigar and rum. He does notice the shadows since he has himself a conection to shadows, maybe in another way.

"It's [Fill in Year]" since the nexus has no real timeline it could be any year.^^

11. - Top - End - #1421

GnomeWizardGuy

Flarg flips Fade the platinum piece and groans. Wonderful... [Fill In Year Here] the year of my death. he takes a sip of his drink and pats himself down, looking for a light. Out of matches..... A gold if you find me some Flarg doesn't seem to be concerned at all about overpaying for simple items, odd when his coin belt seems to be empty.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-01-13 at 12:38 PM.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #1422

Fade takes the Platin coin and let it drop on the floor. There is no noise of an metal coin hitting the floor and it diapeares into the shadow when looked after.
    Fade then just goes over to one of the other tables takes one of the candels there (assuming there are a few in the inn). He places the burning candle in front of the man.

"Anything else? If you want something to eat you may have to wait a bit the cook is currently out of the house."

He says his voice has no special sound and no emotion in it.

13. - Top - End - #1423

GnomeWizardGuy

Flarg lights his cigar on the candle and reaches down to his coin belt, taking a gold coin. He flips it up in the air, not really caring where it lands. No, I'm good when it comes to food. he takes another drink. He looks Fade up and down and sighs Go on then, what do ya want?
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

14. - Top - End - #1424

Fade got confused a bit, but since his face is covered there is no sign of it. He grabs the coin in the air.

"I don t know what you mean. I m working here and I just do my job. As far as I know it is a common thing to ask if the visitor wants something. And you should avoid throwing things around. You could hurt someone and fighting is forbiden here"

His voice is as befor no change here.

15. - Top - End - #1425

GnomeWizardGuy

A man connected to Shadow doesn't walk up to a guy who bends it to his will just to go 'Have a drink' I don't care where you work. As for the thrown coin, anyone who gets hit in the head by a gold coin and is angry is either stupid or drunk. Flarg finishes off his rum and takes a large puff of his cigar, blowing a smoke ring into Fade's face.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Banned

Ashtrek yawns, sits down at a table, and starts scratching her ear with her left leg...

17. - Top - End - #1427

Fade doesn't seem to react to the smoke.

"Yeah, if that is the case you can tell me why your here since you said yourself that you aren't here to have a drink. And it's still an offensive action from you. And this Inn has a no fighting rule."

To clear things Fade has brought the drink as he asked for it mixing at the bar and all. In this bar there aren't NPC staff members. All are PC's. And it should be obviouse that since the man neither calles a name or anything exactly about himself the sentence is missunderstood.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Those inside may note the entrance of a rather unusual group, even for Trog's.

Said group consists of a tall human vampire with claws, wearing a dark blue cloak, with ash-grey pants and shirt beneath it, accompanied by a six-armed vampire with white angel-like wings, covered in elaborate green patterns, and dressed in a t-shirt, jeans, and boots, all black.

With them are five creatures, three undead and two living, vaguely canine - certainly, they're four legged, and share a bit of the skull structure, though their eyes, and some other parts of the head, are disturbingly human - with a human mouth in each shoulder, covered in blood-red quills, and with a scorpion-like tail. At least, those are the characteristics all of them share; some have a pair of human arms coming from their sides (the first two undead, and the second living), and there are individual distinctions between them. For example, of the three undead, one has thinner, more aerodynamic, quills, tipped with silver and fading into a paler red, before finally transitioning into crimson, another has green patterns swirling over his body, much like those on Karyana's wings, and the last one's tail is longer and more flexible, a trait made more noticeable than it might be by the fact that she has a habit of lashing it nervously over her body, while of the two living ones, the first has shorter quills than the others, which are covered in a thin outer layer of some sort, and the second is smaller than the rest, with a large patch of scales (both of her hind legs, and partway up her torso from there) replacing her quills.
    This group, as I don't want to type it out again, arrives, having come from Trog's on Younger Flarg's instructions.

Though they're now accompanied by a hovering winged naga, surrounded by a corona of shadows, in which strange things seem to be moving, having gotten Adrin/S'kanthos before they did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Trium and Spec's Room]

True, true. The UGWD is faulty in its detection of other combatants. It assumes people are fair game unless the opposite is proven.

Spec responds well to the snuggling, smile expanding to overtake most of her face. Her eyes are closed. Her breathing is deep, content, and relaxed.

She's at peace.

"Tell me you'll never leave me."

[Trium and Spec's Room]

Trium pauses just long enough to summon a paintbrush, and begin to make a rune over Spec's sternum.

"I promise, that so long as we are alive, I will never leave you, and that if you die, I will do everything I can to bring you back. And if I can't, then I will, at least, keep my memories of you."

At the end of her promise, assuming that Spec has been letting her make the rune, it flares silver, magically binding Trium to her words.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-13 at 07:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429

GnomeWizardGuy

The gem in Flarg's glove glows slightly and he grabs a handful of silver, standing up. I am here to leave. His necklace glows brightly and what looks like a very small but very plump shadowey whale appears floating. He drops the coins into the whale and heads for the door. Come on then, lets go. Before the show starts. he says to the group that recently entered. As he exits the door his necklace glows again, and the whale blows all of the silver into the air through it's blowhole before disappearing.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

[Tieflings' Room]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Despair nods, and grins at her, hopping up from the bed.

"Come on, then, and we'll get you some food. Unless you'd prefer to eat up here?"
    "Nah, downstairs is fine. I need to start getting out more."
    Eileen laughs, motioning for Despair to lead the way.

====

[Main Room]

Becky just stares at Clarissa in surprise!
    "...wow. That's...that's pretty incredible. I guess you really are even more special than I ever imagined," she says. Did I mention she was surprised?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    The gem in Flarg's glove glows slightly and he grabs a handful of silver, standing up. I am here to leave. His necklace glows brightly and what looks like a very small but very plump shadowey whale appears floating. He drops the coins into the whale and heads for the door. Come on then, lets go. Before the show starts. he says to the group that recently entered. As he exits the door his necklace glows again, and the whale blows all of the silver into the air through it's blowhole before disappearing.
    The group nods, following him out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Tieflings' Room]

"Nah, downstairs is fine. I need to start getting out more."
    Eileen laughs, motioning for Despair to lead the way.
    Despair nods, and will indeed lead the way, the other Tieflings following them.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

[Tieflings' Room > Main Inn]

And down the stairs they go!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #1433

"Well, you do have four legs now, so it's bound to feel weird..."
    He smiled.
    "But now you can understand what it's like to be me!"
    "You realize, though, after you're done having your fun, I'm going to cram you in there, correct?"
    Naku asks, grinning at him.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1434

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Fade isn't in the mood to make a move until the guy lefts. The coins flying around will soon change there direction to Fade's hand. He has used some Mana to create a shor magnetic field.

"Warning Number One for this guy."

25. - Top - End - #1435

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "You realize, though, after you're done having your fun, I'm going to cram you in there, correct?"
    Naku asks, grinning at him.
    He nods.
    "Yup! But till then..."
    He got closer to her and had a crazy grin.
    "I'm gonna show you exactly how much fun it is to be a pony!"
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1436

After an extended absence, Strahd returns, stomping through the door, around the bar and right back into the kitchen, ignoring the current goings-on.

A second later he pokes his head out the door, blinks, rubs his eyes, looks again. Oh, great. Now there's two non-existent pony hallucinations prancing about, and Naku's nowhere to be found. Great.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Banned

Ashtrek looks around, yawns again, and decides to go into the Kitchen...

Why?

She's Hungry. DUH.

28. - Top - End - #1438

The sound of the doors swinging open prompts Strahd to look up from the set of knives he's cleaning, giving Ashtrek an irritable glare. Unusually enough he doesn't actually snap at her, which might have something to do with all those bandages on his throat. Instead he begins searching through cupboards and cabinets, looking for pen and paper. Stupid lousy three day wait between operations.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The sound of the doors swinging open prompts Strahd to look up from the set of knives he's cleaning, giving Ashtrek an irritable glare. Unusually enough he doesn't actually snap at her, which might have something to do with all those bandages on his throat. Instead he begins searching through cupboards and cabinets, looking for pen and paper. Stupid lousy three day wait between operations.
    "Oh hey Strahd!" She says, blushing a bit...

"Didn't know you were in here. Sorry, i got the munchies..."

30. - Top - End - #1440

Finally managing to locate a pencil stub and a cookbook with blank pages at the back for writing in your own recipes, Strahd writes down the solitary word "bacon" with a hastily scribbled question mark beside it, holding the page out for Ashtrek to read with a comically exaggerated expression of exasperation.