Height: 6'7
    Weight: 222
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green
    Reitatsu/Speech Color: Purple

Appearance:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hango is a massive, hulking figure. Not fat, but well muscled and powerful. His brown hair is cut short, and usually well done. He’s good looking, but in a comforting kind of way. His appearance is that of a man who you can tell anything to, a rock in the storm. He tends to have a slightly hunched posture, giving him the look of Atlas, bearing the burdens of the World.

He wears the robes of a Buddhist Monk, made of grey Fabric, though the humble fabric has been subbed out for something a little more comfortable, apparently. He carries a traditional Buddhist Staff, wooden shaft and a Bronze Head.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hango looks like the gentle monk, bearer of the world’s woes. That… isn’t entirely wrong. His role, as he envisions himself, is as the devoted of the Rosary. The Boss is the leader, but Hango is the Spiritual advisor, helping the younger Samsara find their place in a world that doesn’t want them to exist. He tells them of the plans, and helps them discover who they are.

But Hango is just as capable of being vicious as he is kind. He is a complete and total believer in the Big Boss’ plan. The Valley of Screams must be destroyed, so their souls can move on. And he is willing to do anything to make sure that happens. Hango is completely capable of killing, if he views it as necessary. Regretful, but that is that.

Backstory:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hango was one of the first Samsara summoned by the Rosary. His memories are a jumbled mess. He cannot tell if they are all from the same person, or are truly just random. But either way, the fact is that many of them center on Monastery’s shrines and such. Those memories took on such great significance for him that he crafted himself in the role of a Monk. In, around, watching and listening, giving guidance and receiving it. The fact he took from this was he was to be the Preacher for the Rosary. He guides the Samsara on their spiritual path, to greater enlightenment.

In the beginning, he considered contesting Big Boss for the position of leadership. But he put that ambition aside. The role the Rosary laid out for him was different then that. He could help the others find the path, but it wasn’t his purpose to order others to walk it.

Abilities:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hango is a Samsara, and as such, he has the standard powers associated with such.

Blank Manipulation: Every member of the Samsara is capable of utilizing Blanks for various purposes. They may duplicate Kido (if their memories contain such information), create weapons or simple items, duplicate flashstep or sonido (again based purely on their memories), or fly. Samsara may also heal with the power of the Blanks, capable of restoring even lost limbs if given proper time and concentration.

He also has an additional talent. The Staff he carries is not what it seems. He shapes them out of Blanks granting them several abilities. The staff is almost as indestructible as a Zanpaktou, and despite its apparently blunt look, cuts like it was a blade. His skill with the weapon is impressive. Beyond that, the weapons have ability. By stabbing them into the ground, he can create fields. These Fields steal Spiritual Energy from anyone inside them.

3rd time.

It looks fine to me now. I didn't have a problem with the abilities or anything, but he now feels more like a member of the Samsara as opposed to the Enclave.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 4

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Well, they'd first try their best to not get the suspicion of a Captain.

However, cover-ups and pinning the blame on other sources as above would be their first go-to. Creating other pressing disasters to deal with and possibly "prove" their "loyalty" would be the second. And if all else fails, well. Give the offender to them, say he was the cause and they're so ashamed, and see how far it goes.
    Actually, with the potential 'kidnap of Izumi and [whoever was the other planned victim] by SWORD', we're going to have to figure out whether that's going to be the final plot involving them or not.

If not, then there needs to be a good reason why they don't suffer a sudden case of Bankai in the aftermath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    If not, then there needs to be a good reason why they don't suffer a sudden case of Bankai in the aftermath.
    It's called "The Central 46 didn't approve your going into the Mortal World for such a reason".

Assuming you are talking of Natsuko. As for plot, I have plans.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Though I really doubt it would really come into play for quite some time. As it stands I suspect that Ray could give a seated officer a run for his/her money at his maximum power cap. At least that's more or less the impression I have of fairly standard Adjuchas power level.

Thoughts? Objections?
    Well, a moderate to high strength Adjuchas is a decent fight for a strong Vice Captain, so take that as you will.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, she'd go to the CG first. And yes, I am.

But SWORD would have to make it so the kids couldn't actually prove they did it.

Of course, if this is done at the stage where Izumi has Bankai herself, then they're stuffed anyway.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-27 at 11:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks fine to me.

By the way, "Negro" is a masculine adjective. You want to change it to "Negra", seeing as Dolentia is a feminine substantive.

Cero is masculine, so I will recomend changing Pestilente to Pestilento, and Hoja would be feminine, so that calls for a "Pestilenta" there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, she'd go to the CG first. And yes, I am.

But SWORD would have to make it so the kids couldn't actually prove they did it.

Of course, if this is done at the stage where Izumi has Bankai herself, then they're stuffed anyway.
    Are they?

I can think of a few ways to obfuscate the true captors. But that is best saved for when it actually happens. Assuming it does.

*leaves HG to wonder*
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Looks fine to me.

By the way, "Negro" is a masculine adjective. You want to change it to "Negra", seeing as Dolentia is a feminine substantive.

Cero is masculine, so I will recomend changing Pestilente to Pestilento, and Hoja would be feminine, so that calls for a "Pestilenta" there.
    If the only problem is language, then all is well. Though I suppose I should ask if anyone has any objections to the spoilered section of his history.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh, she'd go to the CG first.

You know the show Heroes? SWORD is like The Company. They have the resources to make you literally disappear. Seeing as even Shinigami can mindwipe, SWORD could probably alter reality to fit their means.

Besides, how does Natsuko even know about Izumi? There are like 5 generations between them if Natsuko was mortal.

And by the time Izumi has Bankai so does Kaz. I'm gonna figure out how to make him a less obvious expy and more of my character on the way to school. I create most of the backstory, zanpakuto, and all walking.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-27 at 11:57 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    Well, a moderate to high strength Adjuchas is a decent fight for a strong Vice Captain, so take that as you will.
    That seemed to be the case with fights against the various Fractions in the Fake-Town arc, though I was under the general impression that de-masking tends to bump up a Hollow's power a bit. Maybe I was mistaken.

Might be Vice Captain level when he's fully condensed. Though with the auto-nerfing nature of his power I suspect that would still put him well within proper bounds for early interaction as more of a secondary character.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, it's the other way around- Izumi was recently a member of the Noble House, before reincarnating.

Natsuko hasn't gone through that yet- she was born in Seretei.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I've been working on an Espada. I talked it over a bit with Draken (particular some of the backstory bits,) and I think I've got her mostly figured out.

Biggest thing I'm wondering about is her powers- I had a lot of ideas, and even though most of them are relegated to non-combat stuff, and I think they're low power, she still has a bit of variety.

Also, she has two releases- I think that's actually the least of my worries about her though (and you'll see why if you read about them).

Anyway, here is:

Arcelia Cruz, Tercera Candidate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Arcelia Cruz
    Height: 5'8"
    Affiliation/Type: Las Noches, Espada
    Aspect of Death: Betrayal
    Speech Color: #EE8800

Appearance: Arcelia is slender and supple, her precisely curving body augmented by the flow of her golden hair and effortless grace. The curving bone of her fragmented mask sweeps through her hair and over her brow in a silver circlet, each end stopping above on of her dark blue eyes. Arcelia takes great pains to keep herself pristine and immaculate, and her alabaster skin and perpetually white clothing are a testament to her constant success. Her clothing is tailored to avoid covering her back and arms, to allow her release to be performed without harming her clothing.

Notably, Arcelia also wears long white gloves, which cover the twin signs of her Espada nature- the hollow hole, which manifests on her left hand, and the tattoo of the number three, which is on her right hand. Even underneath her gloves, she has the hole and tattoo covered in thin, tightly wound bandages.

Personality: As befits her unusual appearance for an Arrancar, Arcelia also has an unusual personality. Though marked as one of the strongest Arrancar, Arcelia's initial impulse is never to fight, and she takes great interest in the world of others. Those who meet her may swiftly get the impression of someone more fun loving, cheerful, and friendly.

The other Arrancar, of course, know this is an absolute lie. Arcelia is just as egotistical and ruthless as the rest of them, and she can be exceedingly cruel. The difference is that Arcelia pretends to play nice, twisting words and manipulating subtly rather than crushing her foes openly. To some extent, she drops this habit among her fellows- though she is still more likely to use biting and spiteful words to strike at them rather than her powers.

Arcelia finds her greatest joy in tempting and corrupting others, either by twisting a Plus into a Hollow, or convincing a wayward Shinigami that he has been betrayed... but she can help him. She makes promises and collects those whose minds and thoughts she manipulates, gathering an array of lesser servants for her own selfish whims. Because of this, Arcelia spends a great deal of time in the mortal world.

Backstory: Arcelia was always a bit of an oddity. It was not primarily through great strength that she got to her position, but her unceasing power of manipulation. From the beginning, she twisted others to do her bidding, simultaneously using and feasting on her underlings until she finally reached the station where she could advance to her current status. She always would make things seem so inevitable and reasonable, getting her way every time.

She does not prefer to remember her days of cannibalism and savagery however, focusing instead on her acceptance into the Espada, whereupon she took the title of Herald and Steward to their King. She acts as his messenger, proclaiming his edicts and carrying them out so that he can keep a kingly distance, yet still have his orders executed by a powerful presence.

Capabilities

Standard Arrancar Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Bala: Unusually, while Arcelia utilizes Bala, she chiefly uses it in conjunction with slashes from her Zanpakutō rather than condensing her power around her fist.
    -Cero: Arcelia's Cero is white, and she launches it from her left hand only. Her Cero is otherwise unremarkable.
    -Hierro: Arcelia's hierro leaves much to be desired. She is not even necessarily capable of blocking an average strength Zanpakutō strike.
    -Sonido: As to be expected of a messenger, Arcelia's speed is very notable, and as such, she is certainly of Master level.
    -Garganta: Using her swift speed and practiced mastery of Garganta, Arcelia is capable of opening, entering, and closing a Garganta almost instantly, denying all but the most perceptive the opportunity to even see what she has done. The only sign of her departure is a soft crackling sound- that and her disappearance.
    -Pesquisa: In the short range, Arcelia's Pesquisa is fairly detailed, allowing her to detect the nature and power level of close to her quite accurately (the range is comfortable speaking distance). This takes a little time for her, however, so she primarily uses it outside of combat.

Zanpakutō: Mensajera
    Spoiler
    Show
    While her Zanpakutō is a sword, as is standard, it takes the form of European longsword. The sword follows Arcelia's color scheme, crafting with glistening golden in its guard and blade, while the pommel is wrapped in white. Arcelia's swordsmanship is average, and though her strength is sub-par, her speed and ability to combine attacks with Bala make up for it.

Most notable, however, is that Arcelia has two levels of release:

Resurrección: Ascensión
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first level of release is Arcelia's Ascensión, which bathes her in silver light, shifts her mask fragments to form a halo behind her head rather than a circlet, and most notably, grants her beautiful white wings. In addition, her spiritual energy becomes awe inspiring. Not necessarily due to its power, however, but simply due to its nature.

Arcelia also still possesses her sword, though it is made out of brilliant light and spiritual power.

While in this form, Arcelia gains the following abilities:

Holy Aura: Arcelia's spiritual energy gains a quality that moves those who feel it, inspiring awe and making them question any ill intentions they may have towards Arcelia. Those who are more amoral or who don't care about the consequences of their actions are less likely to be affected by this.

Enhanced Speed: Arcelia moves noticably quicker while in this first level of release.

Resurrección: Condenar
    Spoiler
    Show
    While this level of release is known to her fellow Espada, Arcelia uses it only when she is desperate and intends to actually kill an enemy. Condenar is Arcelia's true Resurrección- it is not that she has two releases, so much as Ascensión is a false release, a mask suiting her nature and abilities (which is why it does not increase her power much).

When using her true form, Arcelia appears as a terrible demon- humanoid, but massive in size (over ten feet), and no longer appearing beautiful or human. Her mask remnants form pointed horns that sweep backwards from her brow, and her blue eyes turn red, her golden hair blackening and turning wild. Her hollow hole and tattoo also become visible, with the latter settling between her horns, and the former taking its place at her sternum. Further, she sprouts wings of flame and shadow, which allow her to soar through the sky with ease.

Her sword also undergoes a drastic change, becoming engulfed in fire. Its crossguard is burnt away, and it is now large enough for Arcelia to use two-handed, even as her size has increased.

Arcelia gains the following abilities in this form:

Enhanced Hierro: Arcelia's Hierro strengthens dramatically, allowing her to turn away lesser strikes without effort, and disallow a Zanpakutō to harm her without supreme effort.

Enhanced Speed: Arcelia remains as fast as she is in Ascensión.

Enhanced Strength: Arcelia's strength increases in her Condenar form, allowing her to deal much more devastating blows, comparable to other more potent Espada.

Searing Bala: As normal, Arcelia can channel her Bala through her sword. However, her Bala are now charged with fiery power, scorching anyone they touch. She can use this to set fire to landscape or incinerate flammable objects.

Demonic Hate: While this form increases Arcelia's power in many ways, it has its drawbacks. In Condenar, she may not use Garganta, Pesquisa, or any of her unique abilities, as she has revealed the monster of her true form, and dedicated herself to the destruction of her enemy.

Unique Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spiritual Disguise: Arcelia is very adept at manipulating her spiritual presence, and uses this to either decrease it to quite hidden state, or shift it to seem more natural, nearly undetectable as what it really is (that of an Arrancar). She cannot impersonate any particular type of spiritual energy, however.

Sense Weakness: With practice, comes ability. Arcelia has tirelessly practiced the art of twisting and manipulating others, and she finds that true power comes through understanding precisely what weak points her opponents have and exploiting them. When sensing others with her Pesquisa, Arcelia can also try to learn of one of their weaknesses- whether this be a flaw in their character, a particular emotion or emotional attachment that can be exploited, or a vice. She cannot choose what she learns, nor can she manipulate these weaknesses with her power. With more time, she can learn more weaknesses, but every weakness after the first requires substantially more time than the first.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    You know the show Heroes? SWORD is like The Company. They have the resources to make you literally disappear. Seeing as even Shinigami can mindwipe, SWORD could probably alter reality to fit their means.
    Right, but the Company had the advantage of targeting people that no one cared about. If they started targeting active members of the Military, the Government would have started having problems. Similarly, if SWORD starts targeting Shinigami, Gotei 13 will probably take notice.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Looks fine to me.

Further, Spanish, like Portuguese, is iffy on gender-neutral substantives and pronouns, so "Pestilente" isn't an actual word per se. There is no default when it comes to words with no obvious "gender", either.

Is Dolentia supposed to mean "sickly", or "disease"? Because either way I feel the word is off...

EDIT: Speaking of character development, I intend to have Kazuma slowly change into a more culturally diversified guy, as in getting into the books. But I feel like he could use a guide for that. Anyone care to help educating him in the finer arts of... pretty much everything?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-04-28 at 12:02 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Right, but the Company had the advantage of targeting people that no one cared about. If they started targeting active members of the Military, the Government would have started having problems. Similarly, if SWORD starts targeting Shinigami, Gotei 13 will probably take notice.
    This is why SWORD will probably not do such things, if at all necessary, until The Time Is Right™.

That said, in response to the overall question, SWORD's first technique is Obfuscation.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-28 at 12:06 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    -Garganta: Using her swift speed and practiced mastery of Garganta, Arcelia is capable of opening, entering, and closing a Garganta almost instantly, denying all but the most perceptive the opportunity to even see what she has done. The only sign of her departure is a soft crackling sound- that and her disappearance.
    Though I can't find the character entry now, I believe that this, or something similar, was one of the main powers of Lorolar's character Sterling. I'll poke him, tell him to get the character posted up again.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    If the only problem is language, then all is well. Though I suppose I should ask if anyone has any objections to the spoilered section of his history.
    I have some small problem with it. It makes it seem like Genoveva became Primera because he was unreliable instead of by her own merits. But, this is, admittedly, a small problem.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    This is why SWORD will probably not do such things, if at all necessary, until The Time Is Right™.

That said, in response to the overall question, SWORD's first technique is Obfuscation.
    Actually, another difference from the Company is that holding a Shinigami isn't as simple as a cell with glass walls, anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I have some small problem with it. It makes it seem like Genoveva became Primera because he was unreliable instead of by her own merits. But, this is, admittedly, a small problem.
    The way I pictured it was that Andante was thrown out way before the current batch of Espada, long enough ago that there would be at least another Primera between him and Genoveva.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Though I can't find the character entry now, I believe that this, or something similar, was one of the main powers of Lorolar's character Sterling. I'll poke him, tell him to get the character posted up again.
    Should I really be troubled that someone who hasn't posted a single character for Reborn has a character in the other game with a general ability variant that might be similar to one that my character possesses?
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-04-28 at 12:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Actually, another difference from the Company is that holding a Shinigami isn't as simple as a cell with glass walls, anyway.
    I beg to differ.

Put them in a box that reflects their own spiritual energy at them, eliminating it. Like that Espada did to Ishida and Renji. Add to that some bulletproof glass and presto. That incredibly powerful captain is now just a guy with a sword.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Tis acceptable to me. See? Minor.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I beg to differ.

Put them in a box that reflects their own spiritual energy at them, eliminating it. Like that Espada did to Ishida and Renji. Add to that some bulletproof glass and presto. That incredibly powerful captain is now just a guy with a sword.
    All right. Let's change that to shouldn't.

Besides, that brings up a problem. See, SWORD doesn't just want to hold them- it wants to conduct experiments too.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-28 at 12:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Should I really be troubled that someone who hasn't posted a single character for Reborn has a character with a general ability variant that might be similar to one that my character possesses?
    The thing is, he posted it multiple times in the Discussion threads, but seems to have never got round to posting him in the character thread or on the wiki.

Here said character is. Garganta de la Gatera is his only unique ability, out of Resurrección.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. His looks much more powerful than what I intended mine to be, so I think it'll be okay. The idea for Arcelia is more that it is unseen- swiftly teleporting all around the area with it isn't something she's capable of.

The reasoning for her ability is so that she can use it and people won't be like "Hey! Evil Hollow person!" They'll just go, "Snap crackle pop? What? Huh?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Besides, that brings up a problem. See, SWORD doesn't just want to hold them- it wants to conduct experiments too.
    They could drug them. We've seen that Shinigami are affected by sake and therefore alcohol, who's to say they can't be hindered by other drugs?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but that's already more complicated than 'glass box'.

Besides, same problem: how are you going to do it?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that addresses my concern, just have to wait to see if Lorolar objects to it now.

I don't think he will, though.

Also, going to ask if anyone wants to make a Fraccion for Aléjandro. I promise that library duty will be much less frequent than it was for poor Baudelio.

29. - Top - End - #149

My SWORD character's father is an Evil Genius who works for SWORD. I'm sure it's fairly easy to create something that reflects spiritual energy off of a person, allowing for stuff like the Manga 12th division does.

The Evil Genius guy is gonna be a S.W.O.R.D NPC.

Besides, we've moved outside of holding the Shinigami and into "If you cut me, do I not bleed?"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-28 at 12:25 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm off, for about... an hour.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.