New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Nexus] PACK II: The Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids!

PACK: The Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids!

Somewhere in the middle of the countryside, a distance aways from Inside and the Taverna Generica, and yet still close enough to everything that it ends up being terribly convenient, is the PACK campus. The campus is a wide, open area of green grass and a few, slightly rolling hills and trees, populated by low, open buildings built in a sumptuously understated manner centered around a stout clock tower, and rather incongruously ringed on all sides with 3-meter thick concrete walls (with a stone block facade) 10-meters high, with taller watchtowers every hundred meters.
    For, uh... defense purposes. Yes. >.>
    The campus itself is state-of-the art, and most of the vast space is made of sporting grounds, tennis courts, a large pool and several greenhouses, with a cycling/horse riding track running along near the inside of the wall.

What is this campus here for? Well, I'll tell you!

But First, A Letter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Parents of NEXUS,

Greetings, and salutations! With the end of summer fast approaching, and the world on the brink of Autumn... in more ways than one, I cannot help but reflect on my life, and all my achievements. And being (for all intents and purposes) immortal, let me assure you, quite a lot of reflection has been happening. In the past aeons, since the very beginning of time and mankind, I have watched this world grow into what it has become today. I have watched civilizations rise and fall, worlds split and merge, cities built and razed, abandoned and destroyed, and the multiverse itself have quite a few close shaves with death. But the purpose of this correspondence (however it may have reached you) is not to bore you with accounts of events that happened before your entire species decided that having more than one cell might actually be beneficial (frankly, it bores me as well, life becomes so much more intersting after it invented the concept of organs). Rather, it is in fact an advertisement. In the past few years, especially the recent months following the turbulent introduction of the ACRONYM universe to the Heart of the NEXUS situated at the spot some call TOWN, I have noticed something which I find quite alarming. I refer of course, to the treatment of PC children. Too often I see Player Characters under the age of 15 (or equivalent), some with enough power to level a small village, run around completely without supervision (hint, it's not the same as Super Vision). Sometimes even, I have heard of children as young as 9 (or equivalent) go on these distasteful... adventures, utilizing their natural abilities with appalling abandon and putting themselves in extreme danger, because their parents were too busy being held hostage by an Evil Overlord hellbent on taking over Inside (a situation I understand perfectly - sometimes these things just happen). Not to mention the lack of any sort of formal education... after all, what school would accept a child that not only says 'No' to bullying, but also vaporizes bullying with the Power of Friendship, but also leaves the surrounding square kilometer a smoking (and yet, incredibly friendly!) crater as a result. Well, it is to be no longer. For you see, opening this week at an unremarkable location not far from Inside is the Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids (PACK for short - because we all love acronyms, don't we?). No longer will your helpless screams for mercy punctuated by idle wondering whether your child has gone and attempted to tag along with a crack commando team on a rescue mission, or is battling undead in a sewer somewhere. Instead, they will be safe in our rather large campus (which, incidentally has several door thick concrete walls surrounding it on all sides) enjoying the benefits of a strict timetable and being professionally tutored in a variety of subjects including:
    • Natural Sciences!
    • Music!
    • Visual Arts!
    • Literature!
    • Mathematics!
    • Languages!
    • Fencing and Swordplay!
    • Pretentious Sports!
    • And more!

Sincerely, Kamilan
    Headteacher
    Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids.

Basically, this is an Acronym Organization catering towards the 'Powered Brat' demographic (5 - 15 years), intent on providing them a top class education, intense security (whether to keep them safe from others, or to keep others safe from them) and just generally shape them into classy young men and women... or else. Pretentiousness seems to be the thing among the staff here, and students not adhering to Metta Kamilan's strict social code are likely to find themselves in a whoooooole world of trouble. And now, the obligatory spoiler-tagged stuff.

Rules (IC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. While no uniform has been instituted, students (and teachers) must dress in an appropriate fashion.
    2. Students are to behave with propriety and appropriateness at all times.
    3. Students must obey the requests of teachers at all times.
    4. Fighting is strictly prohibited, unless it is done as part of our self-defense and fencing programs.
    5. If you suspect a fellow student or your teacher of being an evil doppelganger, please report the matter to me. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE ACTION ON YOUR OWN.
    6. There is no Rule 6.
    7. Excessive, or flagrant use of powers is prohibited, unless it is done as part of our Power Control programs.
    8. Setting yourself on fire, or parts of yourself on fire counts as flagrant use of powers. Yes, no matter how immune you are to fire, or even if the flames are utterly harmless.
    9. Physical intimacy on campus is not allowed.
    10. Neither is soul stealing, or drinking blood, no matter how painless it may be.
    11. Students may not leave the campus unless they are accompanied by their legal parent/guardian, or by someone known to the student possessing the signed permission of their legal parent/guardian.

Rules (OoC)
    Spoiler
    Show

• No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever), unless it's part of an epic plot, and you've run it through me. You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
    • No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in the PACK. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offense isn't.
    • Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    • If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.

Application Form
    Spoiler
    Show

STUDENTS
    Name of Student:
    Name of Parent/Guardian:
    Age of Student:
    Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder):
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.):
    Parent/Guardian signature:

TEACHERS
    Name:
    Subject(s):
    Other Expertise:
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.):
    Signature:

List of Teachers

List of Students

Extra Descriptions! (Your suggestion could be here!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The boarding house is a large building, split into two such that while you can still go from one side to another, there is a clear threshold between the 'boy' half and the 'girl' half. Sexually ambiguous characters are assigned 'randomly' (ie by player choice). Rooms are big enough for four children, and are also assigned 'randomly'.
    • Apparently the dining hall/fewd place/eating area looks like the Great Hall from Harry Potter. You cannot, however, have some more.

This thread may update spontaneously, especially considering that it's still in its early stages, so be on the look out. Major changes will usually be announced in the thread or in the Nexus OoC.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-10-31 at 10:16 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] PACK II: The Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids!

(From last thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Leave them alone!" Anchor yells, throwing her sunglasses at Purple Hat before running towards him.
    Unless they've gone a lot further from the table-slide than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Riv jumps onto the slide, speeds down it and attempts to ninja kick Purple-Hat! And, yeah, he knows Kung-Fu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Irritated, Mark waves his oar and five Hydroloths appear. Get him, boys!
    Spoiler
    Show

The frog-like humanoid daemons quickly attack Purple Hat with their claws.
    Purple-Hat is hit with the sun glasses, which gives him enough warning to dodge Riv's kick. However, that doesn't give him protection against the hydroloths.

"Arggh."

Purple-Hat chops at the daemons with the axe.

"Friends you have, but so do I.
    Wait a while, and you will fry."

3. - Top - End - #3

(Is there a parking lot nearby?)

Rolling to the ground as his kick misses, K-Riv pulls the laser gn from his pocket and fires at the axe!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"Run Caroline."
    Having recovered enough from the various gas attacks, helped out by fear-induced adrenaline, Vincent grabs for Caroline's hand and all out starts running from the crazy purple hat man.

I do not believe there is a parking lot, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Caroline runs as best she can. But amazingly, she doesn't trip and fall. She's just slower than Vincent, not as athletic.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-10-17 at 03:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Arggh."

Purple-Hat chops at the daemons with the axe.

"Friends you have, but so do I.
    Wait a while, and you will fry."
    Purple Hat will find that the Hydroloths are quick and coordinate their efforts well. One of them is chopped with the axe and killed, but the others dodge, retreat and resume their attacks. One of them opens its mouth and sends magical sleep gas towards Purple Hat.
    Mark, meanwhile, is using the time to get into the position from which he can use his fear-inducing gaze. It'll take him a while. He really, really hates fighting. >.<
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #7

(Is there a parking lot nearby?)

Rolling to the ground as his kick misses, K-Riv pulls the laser gn from his pocket and fires at the axe!
    Purple Hat will find that the Hydroloths are quick and coordinate their efforts well. One of them is chopped with the axe and killed, but the others dodge, retreat and resume their attacks. One of them opens its mouth and sends magical sleep gas towards Purple Hat.
    Mark, meanwhile, is using the time to get into the position from which he can use his fear-inducing gaze. It'll take him a while. He really, really hates fighting. >.<
    Purple-Hat is wearing a gas mask, so I don't think that a gas, magic or not, is going to affect him. Blood sleps from where the daemons claw him, but still he fights. And then K-Riv shoots his axe out of his hand.

"Errh. Foolish boy, go away. Now is not the time for play."

Purple-Hat is now reduced to fighting with darts in hand. At least the darts are enchanted iron, so they should be able to hurt the daemons.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Caroline runs as best she can. But amazingly, she doesn't trip and fall. She's just slower than Vincent, not as athletic.
    Quick! Around this corner and out of sight!
    Is what Vincent would say if he weren't just kinda pulling Caroline in that direction.

Schools are great at having lots of corners to duck around at least. At least the schools I went to.
    >>
    <<
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #9

Hell no! Shouts K-Riv, trying to shoot Purple-Hat's gas mask.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Purple-Hat is wearing a gas mask, so I don't think that a gas, magic or not, is going to affect him. Blood sleps from where the daemons claw him, but still he fights. And then K-Riv shoots his axe out of his hand.

"Errh. Foolish boy, go away. Now is not the time for play."

Purple-Hat is now reduced to fighting with darts in hand. At least the darts are enchanted iron, so they should be able to hurt the daemons.
    Hydroloths are stabbed with darts, but keep attacking Purple hat, although one of them is really slowed down by its wounds.
    Mark, meanwhile, finally gets down and outside and makes another attempt at a fear-inducing gaze attack.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Caroline gets around the corner, but stops and pulls her hand from Vincent's.

She places her hands on her knees and begins panting. She's having trouble breathing.

12. - Top - End - #12

Hell no! Shouts K-Riv, trying to shoot Purple-Hat's gas mask.
    Hydroloths are stabbed with darts, but keep attacking Purple hat, although one of them is really slowed down by its wounds.
    Mark, meanwhile, finally gets down and outside and makes another attempt at a fear-inducing gaze attack.
    The gas mask? You mean he shots Purple-Hat in the face? Okay then. Purple-Hat goes down, a hole in the gas mask and his face.

"One last dance for me, but I'll be back,
    You'll see."

Purple-Hat tries to blow himself up. After all, he's dying and its better that they don't have his body.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

If Purple Hat blows himself up, then the hydroloth are obviously killed by the explosion.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Caroline gets around the corner, but stops and pulls her hand from Vincent's.

She places her hands on her knees and begins panting. She's having trouble breathing.
    Vincent stops and comes back to her, gently putting his hand on her back and looking around nervously. He waits with worry for her on his face. They were out of sight, and while Vincent would prefer to keep moving, it won't help if Caroline collapses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #15

K-Riv reaches out with his mind, trying to use his techno-magic to stop Purple-Hat from exploding.

16. - Top - End - #16

K-Riv reaches out with his mind, trying to use his techno-magic to stop Purple-Hat from exploding.
    And how does he do that? Is his power strong enough to prevent the chemical reaction that happens when a bomb goes off?

17. - Top - End - #17

(He's pretty powerfull, but he's trying to stop the bomb from going off, not the explosion.)
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2010-10-17 at 03:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Fine. But he is dead, its hard to live with a hole in your head where there isn't supposed to be one.

19. - Top - End - #19

K-Riv walks over and begins to examine the corpse, looking for any signs of chemical or mechanical alteration. He also looks for credit cards and any spare change.

20. - Top - End - #20

Um, with no explosion there are still frog monsters from the underworld around.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The Hydroloths don't attack Riv, since Mark didn't order them to. Mark himself heads to check on Decker.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Decker is in her devil form still, and asleep. She has a big old knot on her head, along with scrapes and bruises.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #23

The Hydroloths don't attack Riv, since Mark didn't order them to. Mark himself heads to check on Decker.
    In that case, Riv can search the body. There's little on him now. The remains of the gas mask, his hat. A folded up piece of cloth, and something that got acid on it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Decker is in her devil form still, and asleep. She has a big old knot on her head, along with scrapes and bruises.
    Mark tries to wake Decker up by shaking her. Lady Dekaros, are you alright?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Doesn't work. She'll need to sleep off the gas, I guess.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

SE23 is also asleep.

Again.

His assault rifle lies on the ground next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #27

(Did K-Riv find any signs of alteration on the corpse?)

28. - Top - End - #28

(Did K-Riv find any signs of alteration on the corpse?)
    Nope, Purple-Hat didn't use anything to super himself up, no drugs or mechine. Well, other than the cloaking device, but he had that acided when it was clear he was going down.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Mark sighs and waits for Decker to wake up. He doesn't dismiss the Hydroloths in case something else shows up and the lesser Daemons wander around aimlessly.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent stops and comes back to her, gently putting his hand on her back and looking around nervously. He waits with worry for her on his face. They were out of sight, and while Vincent would prefer to keep moving, it won't help if Caroline collapses.
    Caroline huffs and puffs. Then quickly turns away.

She pulls a hnakerchief out of her waist coat and begins to wipe the snot that was leaking from her nose. (Tear gas does that to you, ya know. It doesn't just iritate your eyes.)