New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

[No Longer House Hunting]

Kirk recovers quickly and gives her an amused little smile. He holds up his hands in a pacifying gesture. "Alright, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Promise." He assures her.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Halfling in the Playground

Tina's hand brushes his arm again, and she gives an imperious smile. "You'd best behave, Mister Locke." That said, she turns to look around for any other doors that might lead to somewhere interesting. "Now how about that wine?" She starts forward, and will try to find her way back toward the kitchen, which was presumably part of the tour.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fettina's Place]

Evan just smiles, "So you said. I appreciate the compliment, either way. I always thought you looked pretty good yourself." He'll take a taste of what they're cooking together, "And a good chef too."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #814

[Fettina's Place]

Naitiri had meant that Gelley's question Evan's hawtness was very specific. So her reply wasn't y'know, an opinion or anything. >.> Nope.

Unsure how to reply - oh gods I'm so bad at this - she manages to say, "...Thank you." She glances down at the half-finished Wellington and red potatoes. "You're... masterful, Evan. Where did you learn to cook like this?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fettina's Place]

"I worked for at a bistro in hell for a while. Sort of a learn quick or die horribly scenario. Was never as good as the head chef though. You'd be amazed what you can accomplish with six arms," Evan says, shrugging, as if it's a completely normal thing. "I think it's ready. what about you?"

6. - Top - End - #816
    Dwarf in the Playground

No Longer House Hunting

The Kitchen is HUGE! This is the kind of kitchen where a full staff can work to make a buffet for a big party.

However, whoever was here last had the presence of mind to clean out before they left. They didn't leave any wine... but they did leave silverware! And cutlery. Lots of cutlery.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Mm? Yeah?" Gel sets her empty plate aside, and reaches out to put a hand on Vierzt's stomach. "What were you thinking?"
    Vierzt leans over for another kiss.

You can't figure it out?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Char's House]

"Y'know summon the ghost for the board." Char then notices the twister game and is a bit freaked out.
    Quiet's eyes grow wide and she stammers. G-ghosts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

[Char's House]

Char, missing the point, begins explaining Necromancy again, "Well, technically, they are only spirits as they won't be taking form."
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

10. - Top - End - #820

Char's House

Quiet stares at her. Ghosts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

11. - Top - End - #821
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Hold up a bit, Doc," Maeve says quietly, raising her right hand, the brand on it glowing fiercely, which is likely to be taken as a warning, though really, it's just a sign that she's drawing the pain out of the catgirl at her side. "I can do just about anything you need, but for Khair... The store would be not such a great idea, sleep-schedule notwithstanding. Anything where Khair will have to be on her feet all the time moving stuff around wouldn't work too well, I think."

She pauses a moment, clearly considering her next words carefully, before she speaks again.

"Khair's sick. Not contagious, I don't think she even actually has the stuff in her system anymore, but we both lived through a plague, and it left her with some pretty bad side-effects. So bear that in mind, alright?"
    [Maeve's]

"I see... Sorry. Doc's just a nickname, y'know?" he apologizes. "I can't think of a job at a night club that wouldn't involve being on your feet. Do you have anything you'd put on a resume? Art skills? Math? HTML? Necromancy?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2013-01-17 at 10:40 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #822

Fortress Mountain- Timeline A

Today isn't not a good day to be a disposable minion. It's usually not.

Nameless Cannon Fodder is killed outright, the barrage of ice and ballistic giblets tearing through his innards, turning his heart, lungs, liver, spine and viscera into a bloody mash. It takes a lot to send one of the winged soldiers into lethal shock, but that sort of complete destruction just about does it.

Daedalus gets off a little better by virtue of distance, but not nearly enough to keep him out of range entirely. The wall gets a new coat of blood and brains and he stops twitching, out like a light this time. But let's face it. He's out for maybe thirty seconds, maybe a full minute, depending on how much of a struggle the bits of Clarissa imbedded in him put up against his immune system and regeneration forcing them out. This isn't even close to putting him down for good.

No, Icarus's is the one who's really screwed. Already unconscious, wings broken and one leg frozen dead solid besides, there's no way he escapes the blast unharmed even with Day taking the brunt of the attack for him. Fragments of Clarissa, frozen and otherwise, bite into him, and at this range not all of them go right through. He slumps down from his seat against the wall, blood from his new wounds joining the steady trickle from the prior ones.

Icarus isn't dead. But he's going to be soon enough, even without the frozen bits o' Clarissa imbedded into his flesh and rapidly thawing, or the unfrozen gore splattered over his armored jacket.

The ones who fare best are actually the fodder on the lift, shielded as they are. The barrier breaks almost immediately of course, but then, have you ever heard of ablative armor? The principle is the same. The shield breaks but it takes most of the barrage's force with it. Most. I'm sure the two winged soldiers taking the lead would prefer the barrier to have stopped even more, but, they'll live.

With both commanders down, the mage's take charge. Unsure of whether this is actually the end or if Clarissa's still somehow in action, one hangs back, raising another forcefields over the entrance to the lift. The other makes a beeline for Icarus, already working to shape a spell into being, the winged soldiers spreading out to cover the room in case their enemy returns from that rather spectacular self-destruct.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #823

Treehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Vierzt leans over for another kiss.

You can't figure it out?
    Gelley lies back and holds her arms out to him, beckoning. Her voice turns low. "Show me."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    No Longer House Hunting

The Kitchen is HUGE! This is the kind of kitchen where a full staff can work to make a buffet for a big party.

However, whoever was here last had the presence of mind to clean out before they left. They didn't leave any wine... but they did leave silverware! And cutlery. Lots of cutlery.
    Well, Tina's sure as hell got no use for silverware. She's dissapointed to discover the lack of alcohol. "Mmm... nope, nothin'." She looks around. "Y'know, this place would be great for a party."

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

"I worked for at a bistro in hell for a while. Sort of a learn quick or die horribly scenario. Was never as good as the head chef though. You'd be amazed what you can accomplish with six arms," Evan says, shrugging, as if it's a completely normal thing. "I think it's ready. what about you?"
    "They have bistros in hell?" Naitiri says, both amused and endlessly curious. Sure, he looks like a demon, but to be the real deal... "I guess it can't be all bad." Her attention returns to the food. She bends over and has a peek in the oven. "Smells ready."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-19 at 05:02 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk chuckles. "It was probably too much to hope for to find anything to drink." Oh well. It'll be more of a concern later when they're hungry rather than just thinking wine would be nice. "And yeah, it would be. Lots of room, and you could get a catering service in her to cook."

15. - Top - End - #825

Treehouse

Gelley lies back and holds her arms out to him, beckoning. Her voice turns low. "Show me."
    Vierzt will lean over, kiss her, and gently pull the curtain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

16. - Top - End - #826

Kate's Apartment

Julie shows up outside Kate's door, knocking gently and standing back just in case some amount of weird comes flying at her through it. Can never tell when Kate's involved, and this wasn't just a social visit since she mentioned wanting Julie to look at an apple in relation to Eris.

The succubus really hoped it wasn't a sapient doom-apple and was just some little oddity. She was wearing one of her more casual outfits today so Kate wouldn't be uncomfortable and she had so few of those to wear because of the better uses she'd rather put the fabric to. It would really suck if it was melted off or burned to cinders or transmuted into hair-thin snakes.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate will open the door... and she will smile brightly. "Julie!" She will move forward to hug Julie, apperantly very happy to see her. "Thank you for the Perfect Thanksmas Present. It was perfect."

18. - Top - End - #828

Kate's Apartment

Kate will open the door... and she will smile brightly. "Julie!" She will move forward to hug Julie, apperantly very happy to see her. "Thank you for the Perfect Thanksmas Present. It was perfect."
    Kate's Apartment

Julie returns the hug with equal enthusiasm, "I could say the same thing about what you got the kids. Prism already made a bigger version of her "auntie Kate dolly" out of the clay, and colored it exactly as you other form is, even with the details the figurine left out to avoid copyright issues. Still, I'm guessing mine came at a bit more convenient time with how smug Wally's been about something lately."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, he brought it a bit late... but that's actually good. One morning I woke up and my entire wardrobe was enchanted, everything, to change me. It was insane. I was going to call you to borrow some clothes-at the time a lot of yours would have fit better than any of mine did-and Wally intercepted it and brought the wardrobe, thank goodness. He also gave me a little transformation reversing voodoo doll, that I am also very thankful for. Oh, please, come in."

Kate walks in. Sophie is on the kitchen counter, looking over some papers, and she looks up and waves to Julie before going back to the papers.

20. - Top - End - #830

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, he brought it a bit late... but that's actually good. One morning I woke up and my entire wardrobe was enchanted, everything, to change me. It was insane. I was going to call you to borrow some clothes-at the time a lot of yours would have fit better than any of mine did-and Wally intercepted it and brought the wardrobe, thank goodness. He also gave me a little transformation reversing voodoo doll, that I am also very thankful for. Oh, please, come in."

Kate walks in. Sophie is on the kitchen counter, looking over some papers, and she looks up and waves to Julie before going back to the papers.
    Kate's Apartment

"Ah, that would be it then. He's been getting really good at voodoo lately and was grumbling to anyone who would listen about mixing it with his time shenanigans. I guess he must have found a way to do that then. The clothes fit okay I take it? It's nothing you haven't worn before for the most part but I branched out with a few of the outfits that I thought would look good on you." Branched out meaning that they aren't just jeans/slacks and striped long sleeve shirts.

Julie also waves to Sophie, though she doesn't try to grab the grig's attention from her papers by saying anything.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yes, thanks! Oh, the gift I bought for you came." Kate gestures at a medium-sized cardboard box off to the side. "It didn't come with a gift wrap option, though."

Kate pulls the box into the middle of the floor and supplies Julie with scissors if she wants some.

About now, Julie might smell something... cinnamon? It's not too strong, but you would think that she would have noticed it when she first walked in, not now.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-20 at 10:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Maeve's]

"I see... Sorry. Doc's just a nickname, y'know?" he apologizes. "I can't think of a job at a night club that wouldn't involve being on your feet. Do you have anything you'd put on a resume? Art skills? Math? HTML? Necromancy?"
    Khair's ears twitch slowly.
    I'm good with a knife---'specially carving things. I did a chess set if you'd like to see... She wipes her leaky eyes. Wouldn't put myself anywhere near food 'f I were you, though...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Khair's ears twitch slowly.
    I'm good with a knife---'specially carving things. I did a chess set if you'd like to see... She wipes her leaky eyes. Wouldn't put myself anywhere near food 'f I were you, though...
    Maeve reaches up to gently stroke Khair's ears with the arm that's not around her, smiling reassuringly, as the catgirl still seems a bit nervous to her, though for now she keeps any insights she might have to herself.

24. - Top - End - #834

Kate's Apartment

"Yes, thanks! Oh, the gift I bought for you came." Kate gestures at a medium-sized cardboard box off to the side. "It didn't come with a gift wrap option, though."

Kate pulls the box into the middle of the floor and supplies Julie with scissors if she wants some.

About now, Julie might smell something... cinnamon? It's not too strong, but you would think that she would have noticed it when she first walked in, not now.
    Kate's Apartment

Who needs scissors when you have claws you can superheat? First though, Julie takes a sniff or two and wrinkles her nose, "I hope whatever you got me wasn't cinnamon flavored something-or-other. I'm mildly allergic, makes my tongue numb and then sore for a few hours if I eat it." She'll let Kate respond before cutting open the box, just in case this is going to end with a returned gift she'd rather not bother with tearing the packaging.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"What? No, it doesn't taste at-"

Kate stops and sniffs.

"Odd. Yeah, I've been noticing things like that on and off for a few days now, I'm starting to get worried. Everything tastes better after a day in the fridge, the water is... frankly, my tap water is delicious."

She looks around. "And I haven't seen any dust build up, but I haven't seen that Roomag, either. I can only imagine it's come to the conclusion it's the dark night or what have you."

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

"They have bistros in hell?" Naitiri says, both amused and endlessly curious. Sure, he looks like a demon, but to be the real deal... "I guess it can't be all bad." Her attention returns to the food. She bends over and has a peek in the oven. "Smells ready."
    [Fettina's Place]

Evan will pull the food out and place it aside to cool, "Sure, it's great for the devils that live there, as long as you don't anger your betters. As long as you can manage to tiptoe around them, the place is actually pretty pleasant, so long as you avoid the torture pits, hellfire, and other, numerous, natural hazards."

27. - Top - End - #837

Kate's Apartment

"What? No, it doesn't taste at-"

Kate stops and sniffs.

"Odd. Yeah, I've been noticing things like that on and off for a few days now, I'm starting to get worried. Everything tastes better after a day in the fridge, the water is... frankly, my tap water is delicious."

She looks around. "And I haven't seen any dust build up, but I haven't seen that Roomag, either. I can only imagine it's come to the conclusion it's the dark night or what have you."
    Kate's Apartment

"That little vacuum of yours isn't working right? Well darn, sorry about that. I could probably convince Nate to look at it if you can find it and bring it in to him in Mallside. He doesn't have much to do these days." It's the least she can do since for all she knows she's responsible for that. She is the one who wonked it against the ceiling in a moment of panic after all.

Without further preamble she runs a claw down the tape holding the box flaps closed, melting it away in a clean line and flipping them back to peer at what's inside.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

It's a sewing machine! A very nice sewing machine.

"I don't know much about sewing machines, so I hope that this is an upgrade from what you have. Again, thanks for the wardrobe because right now I can't afford one."

Kate thinks for a minute, and then looks around. "And now that you mention it, I really should take that thing in to somewhere. I just haven't been finding it, and I've been distracted with things like the AI."

29. - Top - End - #839

Kate's Apartment

It's a sewing machine! A very nice sewing machine.

"I don't know much about sewing machines, so I hope that this is an upgrade from what you have. Again, thanks for the wardrobe because right now I can't afford one."

Kate thinks for a minute, and then looks around. "And now that you mention it, I really should take that thing in to somewhere. I just haven't been finding it, and I've been distracted with things like the AI."
    Kate's Apartment

"Well considering I was using an old rocker manual I fixed up, this is quite an upgrade indeed. Never had need to spend the money on one of these electronic ones, but with a bit of training this will probably make sewing a lot easier. Thank you Kate, it's the most thoughtful thing you could have given me." She means that too, though there's no tearing up or big emotional reactions to it Julie is smiling at the wonderfully chosen gift, taking a moment to try to hug the stuffing out of Kate before backing off to hold her at arm's length.

"So what's this I hear about you having a troublesome apple?"

30. - Top - End - #840
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Oh, yes." Kate goes to the cupboard. Not Sophie's cupboard, but a different one. "I don't know if it's causing any of this, but I've kept it-"

Kate opens a cupboard. In there is a glass dish upside-down... but nothing in it.

"Uhoh."

Kate opens the next cupboard over, and there it is in front of the cereal.

The golden apple, with the word "Caution" proudly displayed.