New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media Thread) 33: The old you is dead, long live the you!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    There's something intriguing with that downward triangle look, but I can't put my finger on what it is. For some reason, I'm imagining you're offering to take that ancient artifact off my hand for a hefty sum and a threat of what will happen to me if I don't agree to it.
    Hahaha. Thank you. That was the kind of look I was going for.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media Thread) 33: The old you is dead, long live the you!

Allow me to cast Raise Dead on this thread.

Various stuff from July

California Science Center
    LGBTitp

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

A very tired selfie at Ropecon... because why be awkward and ask other people to take one of you when instead you can stand awkwardly at the entrance hall taking a picture of yourself.

The thing is, I don't look like myself at all in this picture. I even asked my mum and she was confused looking at the photos I took as well. Huh.
    Spoiler: oomph
    Show
    nothing to see here
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-10-06 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I just returned from a trip to what I call our ancestral farm (a 19th century farm which has stayed in our family for a few generations and which we now use as a holiday cottage), and while I mostly let my camera rest, I got a few pictures off it nevertheless.

Spoiler: Näset, Mellansjö
    Show
    The farm lies by/in a lake, and while the beach by the house isn't particularly exciting, we can take the boat to a more proper beach. On one such day, we were playing with a wrecked boat someone had left at the beach, when we found coloured mud at the bottom of the lake. So we did the only reasonable thing and smeared it all over ourselves.

The mud was surprisingly water resistent. After another (by no means short) trip into the water to gather more mud, it was still fully visible, if a bit washed down. We managed to salvage some new colours, and here I'm sporting the four card suits because why not? If you look between me and little brother, you can see the balls of mud we'd managed to salvage lying on a wet piece of wood.

Before we went home to the farm again, we took the chance to perform some final drawing on ourselves with the best of the salvaged colours. Here are my two hand paintings.

The bird and the stripes were made from a good colour and lasted quite well before the final bits were worn off. The red suits also fared quite well, and you can see them just above my hands in this picture. The black suits faded quite a lot when they dried, but regained their colour when wettened, and we joked that you could almost use it as invisible ink on skin. It wouldn't be entirely perfect, though, as you can actually make out the spade as a dark shadow if you look just above the belt loop next to my star hand.

I brought my phone and Pokémon Go with me, and used it as a perfect excuse to do some exploration. I only found one Pokémon spawn point within a four kilometer radius, but a lot of great views in exchange. Here's a clearcut gaining its colour from heather, willowherb (colloquially known as "navvie's rose" in Sweden, as they thrived on the sites of railroad constructions) and reddened grass.

A view over the landscape from the same walk. In the distance, you can see the upstreams lake which supply our lake with most of its water.

The stream which once powered the local sawmill.

The local bluebell population around our house seems to carry a gene for white flowers which crops up every now and then. This year I found one such "whitebell".

And finally, no image series is complete without a dramatic sunset. Or rather, night sky, as this photo was taken at the darkest hour of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Because Rawhide was totally whining for these... ok I joke, he kindly asked for pics of my grandparents' summer cottage. Here they are!

Spoiler: picturinos
    Show
    This is the view you get when you step out of the car.

The view from the path that takes you to the lake.

View to the lake. The ladder is in horrible condition though, so we had to have a bit of an adventure walking on rocks and hold on to the side of the pier. I almost slipped... Ah well, grandpa will probs fix it this summer. The stairs themselves are ok, but the bolts are rather worn out.

And of course, the sauna

The only pics I didn't really take where you can se the garage/woodshed and the outhouse... not too important. Plus the random pile of stuff made of wood under the veranda, though they might be visible in one of the pics...

And let's finish the post with a picture of myself. It's my birthday and my mid-20s crisis isn't helped out by my skin starting to break out within the last year. I had porcelain skin all of my teen years, damn it! *shakes fist*
    Spoiler: moi
    Show

edit: oh yeah no index pls
    Ooo, I love that round-the-house balcony. Interesting to have the house built into the hillside like that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Freeeeedom!!!
    Ooo, I love the colours of that plaid. And it fits you really well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Moose View Post
    Allow me to cast Raise Dead on this thread.
    Hey, four days does not make a dead thread!

I love these informative albums you drop from time to time.

A very tired selfie at Ropecon... because why be awkward and ask other people to take one of you when instead you can stand awkwardly at the entrance hall taking a picture of yourself.

The thing is, I don't look like myself at all in this picture. I even asked my mum and she was confused looking at the photos I took as well. Huh.
    Spoiler: oomph
    Show
    You don't? I mean, I'm not used to seeing you in glasses, but otherwise I think you look quite like yourself...

Regardless of what, you at least look good, I'd say.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

Agree with Teddy on that one above. FinnLassie, you really look cute in that one. :)

Also, here's a picture of the sunset over the Pacific.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dire Moose; 2016-08-02 at 02:28 PM.
    LGBTitp

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, forgot to comment on Dire's post! I totally agree with Teddy. It's a lot of fun to watch these photos... feels like as if I was checking out a good ol' photo album
    And thank you I think I look like I'm about to go either crazy or turn into a zombie in that one...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, browsing and finding fun threads~~

This is me, about a month or two ago. Try to figure my age :3 (...without looking at my page e.e)
    Spoiler: Me~
    Show
    And this one is about a year ago~
    Spoiler
    Show
    I miss being young...

People often compliment my eyes, but I can't get a nice picture of them, probably in the near future~
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

Coming back from the LARP, it was very fun

P.S. I didn´t notice that the lower part of the cuirass was out of place when they took the photo, please imagine it as if that was in the correct position.
    Last edited by Spanish_Paladin; 2016-08-29 at 07:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

LGBTitp

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: damn it, forgot to post my picture.

Spoiler: Did someone call for a hipster?
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post

This is me, about a month or two ago. Try to figure my age :3 (...without looking at my page e.e)
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I miss being young...

People often compliment my eyes, but I can't get a nice picture of them, probably in the near future~
    I.. This must be a trick question... You must be an eternal being! My bet is on 203 for your age! And yes, your eyes look very nice.

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

P.S. I didn´t notice that the lower part of the cuirass was out of place when they took the photo, please imagine it as if that was in the correct position.
    Hey! Where on earth are your sock?!

Thanks for another great "picture book"!
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-09-11 at 11:03 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey! Where on earth are your sock?!

I have the socks (and its ribbons), but i decided to use shorter socks beacuse the heat. I already was cooking myself in that worbla armor

12. - Top - End - #132

Thanks for another great "picture book"!
    You're very welcome; here's another one.

Mostly random stuff from Arizona.
    LGBTitp

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

I'm gonna update my face.
    Spoiler: NOTICE ANYTHING NEW????
    Show
    Like it's not OBVIOUS AT ALL
    Spoiler: here we go
    Show

New specs

Edit: Also, Teddy, I believe I asked not to be indexed?
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-10-06 at 08:26 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Also, here's a picture of the sunset over the Pacific.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh, sunsets! I'm a real sucker for sky pictures, half of my camera is filled with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post

Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I miss being young...

Ooo, nice hair! Looks like you had that same wave-shaped bang as my hair takes on when it gets long, and which I quite like. Both styles suit you very well, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

You, my sir, rock your outfit. I like strong colours and armour plating.

Yeees. Meehr dinosoors. The Organ Stop seems delightfully over-dramatic as well. And a good picture haul in overall.

Edit: damn it, forgot to post my picture.

Spoiler: Did someone call for a hipster?
    Show
    No, but we will when it becomes cool.

That said, nice hat! I want a hat for myself, I just don't know what kind of hat I want...

You're very welcome; here's another one.

Mostly random stuff from Arizona.
    Ooo, pretty wildlife pictures! The length preserved of that root fossil is pretty astounding, and I must say that the concept of clorophyll-barked trees please me to the core. And there's something about the savageness of cactuses which makes the flowers even more beautiful than they would be stand-alone.

I'm gonna update my face.
    Spoiler: NOTICE ANYTHING NEW????
    Show
    Like it's not OBVIOUS AT ALL
    Spoiler: here we go
    Show

New specs
    Ahhh, your glasses, they have disappeared! [/furniture designer logic]

Edit: Also, Teddy, I believe I asked not to be indexed?
    No, you told me you would tell me on a case-by-case basis when you didn't want to be indexed. I take it that you want me to stop indexing you completely?
    (I removed the last entry on you and refrained from indexing your posts quoted above.)
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-10-06 at 02:51 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Yay, thread update! Now I can finally post these without double-posting.

Ancient Ruins

Aquarium

Miscellaneous stuff from September
    LGBTitp

16. - Top - End - #136

Ooh, me too, me too!
    Not my best picture, granted, but nice nonetheless :-)

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

LGBTitp

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    No, you told me you would tell me on a case-by-case basis when you didn't want to be indexed. I take it that you want me to stop indexing you completely?
    (I removed the last entry on you and refrained from indexing your posts quoted above.)
    Just having some issues with privacy at the moment, so I'm feeling at bit

And yaaaaaay for Dire Moose photo albums!
    That reminded me, my 5-year-old nephew drew the cutest dinosaur ever. An Euoplocephalus. Can't share it here, but it basically looks like a toast with a dino head and stick figure legs and a cool spikes coming out of its back. Not too far from the truth!

He loves dinosaurs so much. He usually never draws, he gets anxious because he feels like he's not good enough to draw... so it's a super duper joy that he drew the dino and feels super proud of it. And I'm so proud of him too!

Hmm, maybe I could show him some of your pictures at some point about dinosaurs and diggin' 'em bones.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~