New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Skyside: The City of Eventually

SkyParkHappyFunLand

Aiden, for his part, is mostly wearing the same clothes as normal, though now he has a slightly heavier jacket on instead of his usual leather coat. "With a name like that, I don't think the rides could be anything but scary," he says. "Definitely looking forward to it."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

SkyParkHappyFunLand

Oooh! Which way first? There is the big swinging pirate boat, the log flume, the ferris wheel with the swinging cages (which seems to be missing a cage), roller coasters of all varieties, bumper cars, and a tiger show!

Oh, never mind that last. A park employee seems to be taking down the sign for the tiger show.

Don't forget your overpriced cotton candy and slushy drinks!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Derek's Compound

The doctor's disappointed by that- he wanted something far more sordid. And it's not Sweetcandy's blood he's interested in.

"There's a waterside plant called a Nirnroot- pretty rare in Tamriel, and only slightly more common here. Their humming and glow calms me. I know where to find some, but I hear they're really hard to cultivate and I don't know how it's done." They need acidic soil and magical energies- grapes can provide the former, and they're quite good at getting the other.
    "What do you want to know about my blood?"
    It's a fairly strange request, to the minion. This body isn't the one looking for treatment.

"You should get us directions to that. I can go investigate the soil they're growing in and see what they probably need. As for glowing plants, one of our varieties of rice does that. It's in its own little shed though; the light disturbs the other plants at night." The gardener points in the direction it can be found in.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Orc in the Playground

SLAVE- Shop

The elf will find a shop dominated by cages against the walls and in aisles along the floor. They've had time to restock since Tempest walked off with all their slaves, so they'll find the cages filled with women and girls. Most are aged between thirteen and thirty, with those aged between fifteen and twenty five being most common. They're all wearing nothing beyond some underwear, showing off their bodies. Most are non-human, though all are humanoid.

There's a desk at the back, with a middle-aged man standing behind it. He's currently sorting out the collars on a rack next to the till. There's collars of different materials and thicknesses on the rack, and some are more ornate than others. Some are doubtless magic, and others are packed with explosives.

SLAVE- Basement

Asinoe looks over her shoulder and smiles, before going to help Tempest up and help her to the cage. She'll try to 'accidentally' trap Tempest's tail in the door when she closes and locks it.

Derek's Compound

"Well, um, you have a twelve-year-old girl wearing underwear and a poncho. Company, uh, policy is that everyone suspected- not that I suspect it- to be training pleasure slaves has to provide a blood test to show they don't have any, um, particular diseases. She's young enough that we doubt, uh, she has one. I, erm, could ignore it this once, but, uh, there'd be a, uh, a, cost to you, for the, um. Privilege of my poor memory. You see?" Or in other words, a bribe. But if they often have trainee pleasure slaves, then testing whomever accompanies them for disease is a useful service. He's also very nervous; usually the answer is probably poor.

"It's an enchanted pool, so be careful. Don't take more than two- and I'd advise against that. Unicorns drink there, and I regularly see Spriggans and other guardians of nature." The directions are given to The Nirnroot Pool in Outside, in a forest not too far from Groundtown.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

SLAVE- Shop

The elf will find a shop dominated by cages against the walls and in aisles along the floor. They've had time to restock since Tempest walked off with all their slaves, so they'll find the cages filled with women and girls. Most are aged between thirteen and thirty, with those aged between fifteen and twenty five being most common. They're all wearing nothing beyond some underwear, showing off their bodies. Most are non-human, though all are humanoid.

There's a desk at the back, with a middle-aged man standing behind it. He's currently sorting out the collars on a rack next to the till. There's collars of different materials and thicknesses on the rack, and some are more ornate than others. Some are doubtless magic, and others are packed with explosives.

SLAVE- Basement

Asinoe looks over her shoulder and smiles, before going to help Tempest up and help her to the cage. She'll try to 'accidentally' trap Tempest's tail in the door when she closes and locks it.

Derek's Compound

"Well, um, you have a twelve-year-old girl wearing underwear and a poncho. Company, uh, policy is that everyone suspected- not that I suspect it- to be training pleasure slaves has to provide a blood test to show they don't have any, um, particular diseases. She's young enough that we doubt, uh, she has one. I, erm, could ignore it this once, but, uh, there'd be a, uh, a, cost to you, for the, um. Privilege of my poor memory. You see?" Or in other words, a bribe. But if they often have trainee pleasure slaves, then testing whomever accompanies them for disease is a useful service. He's also very nervous; usually the answer is probably poor.

"It's an enchanted pool, so be careful. Don't take more than two- and I'd advise against that. Unicorns drink there, and I regularly see Spriggans and other guardians of nature." The directions are given to The Nirnroot Pool in Outside, in a forest not too far from Groundtown.
    SLAVE

Asinoe succeeds.
    Tempest yelps, and whimpers a bit as she sits down.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #1266

[Compound -> Clinic]

The minion's face remains expressionless.
    "What I see is that it would be an exceedingly poor idea to insist on payment of that fee. Now that you have an explanation for the circumstances, I am sure you see there are no reasons to suspect such a thing."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Orc in the Playground

SLAVE- Basement

Asinoe grins as she leaves, turning the light off on her way past to leave Tempest in the dark. The thirteen-year-old will eat her supper, before heading to her bedroom to sleep through the night.

Clinic

"Well, um, you see, there's, um, the matter of her, ah, attire? If you truly are seeking her, um, parents, wouldn't she be, er, supplied clothing beyond grey underwear? I don't mention the, uh, poncho because it is easily slipped on and, um, therefore might not have been present when, ah, the accident occurred?" The doctor backs away slightly, sounding even more nervous than before.

8. - Top - End - #1268

SLAVE- Basement

Asinoe grins as she leaves, turning the light off on her way past to leave Tempest in the dark. The thirteen-year-old will eat her supper, before heading to her bedroom to sleep through the night.

Clinic

"Well, um, you see, there's, um, the matter of her, ah, attire? If you truly are seeking her, um, parents, wouldn't she be, er, supplied clothing beyond grey underwear? I don't mention the, uh, poncho because it is easily slipped on and, um, therefore might not have been present when, ah, the accident occurred?" The doctor backs away slightly, sounding even more nervous than before.
    Tempest whimpers a bit, finding it hard to sleep due to the pain from her tail.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    SkyParkHappyFunLand

Aiden, for his part, is mostly wearing the same clothes as normal, though now he has a slightly heavier jacket on instead of his usual leather coat. "With a name like that, I don't think the rides could be anything but scary," he says. "Definitely looking forward to it."
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    SkyParkHappyFunLand

Oooh! Which way first? There is the big swinging pirate boat, the log flume, the ferris wheel with the swinging cages (which seems to be missing a cage), roller coasters of all varieties, bumper cars, and a tiger show!

Oh, never mind that last. A park employee seems to be taking down the sign for the tiger show.

Don't forget your overpriced cotton candy and slushy drinks!
    [SkyParkHappyFunLand]

"So where should we head first? If we want to do the log ride we should do that last, though. We could warm up with the ship?" Dana suggests.

10. - Top - End - #1270

SkyParkHappyFunLand

"The log is definitely going last. Yeah, let's go to the ship." Aiden says. "Shame about the tigers. I wonder what happened."

11. - Top - End - #1271

The hilt of the club hits Ashley right in the head, but doesn't yield any results. In addition to making herself heavier, Ashley is also using magic to toughen her skin.
    The parts of her that are in contact with the plant monster suddenly freeze, in an attempt to further freeze the plant.
    Warehouses:

"TAAAAAAAAKE" the creature screeches as it tries to push itself away from Ashley. It stumbles backwards and falls to the ground as it clutches it's frozen chest. The chest of the creature crumbles and cracks as it turns to a shower of silvery medallions, revealing underneath, a suits lapel with a red rose attached.

As it scrambles to pick up its medals and attach them back to its chest, the vines reach out again, this time for the throned creature's club, grabbing and hurling it at the lady wizard.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

[SLAVE - Basement]

Tempest will likely have more reasons to have difficulty sleeping, when a mysterious breeze flows across her cell, engulfing the cell in darkness. Now, the cell is already dark. Probably pitch black, even, given how it's a tiny cell and there's no lights on inside. But this darkness is special, as becomes apparent as a sudden light illuminates Tempest, but not the room around her, creating the illusion that she's floating alone, isolated within an endless sea of blackness.

This blackness lingers for a moment, leaving her hanging in solitude, before in front of her thin vertical line of fire starts to form, spreading into a large open doorway of bright light, ringed by flame. Out of the light steps a tall, slender man, dark skinned, with short dark hair, and rather attractive actually, though of course that will be pretty much the last thing on Tempest's mind right now. He's wearing an elegant three-piece charcoal suit with a red tie and pocket square, a black top coat, and a red domino mask around luminous white eyes.

He has two thin grey horns emerging from his forehead, which curve gracefully backwards over the top of his cranium, and from under the rear of his suit jacket Tempest may note a slender tail, dark against the brightness of the doorway, swishing back and forth between his legs.

The man holds a slender black cane, the tip of which he rests delicately on the ground, and as he does so, the breeze emanating from the doorway reverses direction, the blackness receding backwards, sucked into the doorway, before the doorway itself begins to rapidly disappear, withdrawing into a small point of flame before vanishing completely, leaving behind only the man and Tempest, alone within her cramped cell.
    "Hello. I believe you called for an appointment?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-01-13 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [SLAVE - Basement]

Tempest will likely have more reasons to have difficulty sleeping, when a mysterious breeze flows across her cell, engulfing the cell in darkness. Now, the cell is already dark. Probably pitch black, even, given how it's a tiny cell and there's no lights on inside. But this darkness is special, as becomes apparent as a sudden light illuminates Tempest, but not the room around her, creating the illusion that she's floating alone, isolated within an endless sea of blackness.

This blackness lingers for a moment, leaving her hanging in solitude, before in front of her thin vertical line of fire starts to form, spreading into a large open doorway of bright light, ringed by flame. Out of the light steps a tall, slender man, dark skinned, with short dark hair, and rather attractive actually, though of course that will be pretty much the last thing on Tempest's mind right now. He's wearing an elegant three-piece charcoal suit with a red tie and pocket square, a black top coat, and a red domino mask around luminous white eyes.

He has two thin grey horns emerging from his forehead, which curve gracefully backwards over the top of his cranium, and from under the rear of his suit jacket Tempest may note a slender tail, dark against the brightness of the doorway, swishing back and forth between his legs.

The man holds a slender black cane, the tip of which he rests delicately on the ground, and as he does so, the breeze emanating from the doorway reverses direction, the blackness receding backwards, sucked into the doorway, before the doorway itself begins to rapidly disappear, withdrawing into a small point of flame before vanishing completely, leaving behind only the man and Tempest, alone within her cramped cell.
    "Hello. I believe you called for an appointment?"
    Tempest looks relieved.
    Y-yes!
    She tries to get up and approach the figure, but yelps as the movement puts her in even more pain due to her tail being pinned.
    I'm afraid I can't get up, sorry.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-13 at 08:06 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

SkyParkHappyFunLand

"The log is definitely going last. Yeah, let's go to the ship." Aiden says. "Shame about the tigers. I wonder what happened."
    [SkyParkHappyFunLand]

"I'm not sure; I never heard anything about it. Hopefully the tiger's fine." Dana says, though she doesn't sound overly concerned. It might just be some maintenance after all. "Anyway, let's go." And so she guides the way to the ship!

15. - Top - End - #1275

Clinic

"There were no clothes of a size for her available. I suggest that you overlook it." The minion takes a step forward. He's not exactly sure who this clinic is associated with, but he rather enjoys the man's nervousness.
    We could have found some. / She wasn't supposed to need to leave.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1276

SkyParkHappyFunLand

"I'm sure it is," Aiden says, being decidedly optimistic about the big cat. He heads to the ship with Dana, looking around at the other sights as well.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

Slave Plague

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody is surprised by the sudden hugs, but after a half-second of awkward, pats Sciath comfortingly. You're welcome.

Once everyone is washed and given clean clothes.... they continue showing signs of deteriorating health, which was to be expected.

Hopefully with the help of Magtok and his Magbots, Melody tries to get all the sick into their beds, keeping families together as best she can. As she is doing this, she pulls out her cell phone, which she has updated with an organizing app.

To make it short, she gets their names as best she can, and records it along with their sex, hair color, eye color, race, and skin tone into her phone. As she talks to each patient, she uses the weave to diagnose the illness and how serious each individual is.

She will reach into her purse and produce a bottle and give each one a pill that should reduce the fever and the coughing. The strength of this pill is specific for each individual, so no one should overdose.

Nomi is kept on Magbot Suicide watch.

The disease remains somewhat magic resistant, making it difficult to analyse directly. Melody will find that the easiest way to proceed is to study the patient and compare their state of being to that of a healthy person.

The healthiest patients (that term being relative) have only the signs of infection in the lungs. The rest of their bodies are ravaged by malnourishment, diarrhoea, and sores from mistreatment and the horrible crate, but the disease is localized. The lungs are full of infection and some scarring, with bloody phlegm. Fever is widespread. Nomi is one of these.

The sickest five patients are the ones in which the infection has spread into the blood and throughout the body. These patients have all the symptoms above, but in addition, their organs are beginning to fail. These patients will be dead within hours without intervention.

I'll let Arkhosia say which group her siblings are in.

SLAVE shop

Spoiler
    Show
    SLAVE- Shop

The elf wanders amongst the cages, examining each slave closely, but not seeming particularly struck by any. Are any of the owner's children present?

SKYPARKHAPPYFUNLAND has no slaves!

Spoiler: Weeeeeeeee!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SkyParkHappyFunLand]

"I'm not sure; I never heard anything about it. Hopefully the tiger's fine." Dana says, though she doesn't sound overly concerned. It might just be some maintenance after all. "Anyway, let's go." And so she guides the way to the ship!
    SkyParkHappyFunLand

"I'm sure it is," Aiden says, being decidedly optimistic about the big cat. He heads to the ship with Dana, looking around at the other sights as well.

There is lots of screaming from the participants on the ride, though surely they are screams of pleasure and fun, and not of terror! The rat maze of a queue manages to keep them from viewing the ride directly. When they finally get to the front, a bored looking teenager with an eyepatch and fake hand hood waves them into their seats. "Yaar, All aboard, me hearties! All aboard!"

Once everyone is seated in their row, a bar comes down to hold them in place. Since there's a rather large Uruk-hai on their row, the bar is stopped several inches above their thighs. But I'm sure that won't be a problem!

Also, a minor enchantment on the ship causes most of the riders to lapse into pirate speak. Yaaaar!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-01-14 at 06:37 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Orc in the Playground

SLAVE Shop

The children are not currently present, either working behind the scenes or out playing with friends. The owner here has no worries about them- most have tasers for defence and even if that failed, upsetting a slaver on good terms with every other slaver in town is rarely a good idea.

Clinic

"I-I. I hope you, um, aren't, uh, threatening me, sir." He looks really nervous, and drums the fingers of his right hand against the table. His left hand has been stealthily put into his pocket where he keeps a syringe of sedatives, which he's authorised to use on troublemakers. And troublemakers are used to fund the free clinic- they're sold to the slave-shops, along with anybody they accompany.

It's because they want funding that they put nervous and easily-intimidated doctors on the front desk.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

SLAVE shop

"There is a girl sometimes here - an overseer perhaps." the elf gives a description of Asinoe. "Has she been sold?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Tempest looks relieved.
    Y-yes!
    She tries to get up and approach the figure, but yelps as the movement puts her in even more pain due to her tail being pinned.
    I'm afraid I can't get up, sorry.
    [SLAVE - Basement]

The figure shrugs.
    "That's of no concern." He eyes the faunus speculatively. As far as he knows, there is no knowledge of his kind existing in the world this girl comes from, however the myths are pervasive, and she may have some idea of his capabilities.
    "Do you know what I am?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #1281

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [SLAVE - Basement]

The figure shrugs.
    "That's of no concern." He eyes the faunus speculatively. As far as he knows, there is no knowledge of his kind existing in the world this girl comes from, however the myths are pervasive, and she may have some idea of his capabilities.
    "Do you know what I am?"
    No, sir.
    Tempest replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #1282

[Clinic]

"I wouldn't think of threatening you here in your own clinic. I am simply providing a suggestion. Here is another. I suggest you stop reaching for whatever weapon is in your coat before anyone else gets hurt, and just see to the patient."
    The minion breaks into a cold smile.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bank Robbery!

A bucket of soiled water upends itself right over the thieves' heads! And, in an amazing (and also somewhat improbable) display of human dexterity, Lady's Parasol flicks open just in time to deflect it!

A parasol used to deflect falling water! I'll bet nobody's ever thought of that before!

Naturally, the pair takes advantage of the lack of immediate combat to engage in more witty banter, because...

...Seriously, what else would you expect from these two?

"I see! In that case I'm quite sorry, but we're not hiring right now. Wadsworth and Yvette wouldn't appreciate being replaced, you know?"

Gentleman himself lifts his cane into the air as if it were some kind of odd rapier, even swirling it in a quick flourish and adopting a traditional English fencing position: En Garde! (Nevermind that it's a french phrase...)

"Perhaps you could check with the Rackhams down the street? They've been looking for someone to help around the manor, if you're interested!"

Lady, meanwhile, simply retrieves an object that looks suspiciously like some kind of smoke grenade from her suitcase and lifts her parasol to a place where she can use it to defend herself!

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Orc in the Playground

SLAVE- Shop

"I know her. Why are you interested in her?" He's cautious, because she is his daughter, even if he has many others- nine, I think, in total.

Clinic

The doctor gulps and gets to work on splinting and doing medical things to Sweetcandy's broken leg. The syringe is left alone, with his hand darting quickly from his pocket.

25. - Top - End - #1285

[Clinic]

"A good choice. We'll remember that."
    The minion stays a good distance away, letting the doctor do his work.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1286

Thunderhead Arkant's Warehouse

Time has passed and now Arkant returns with the creature he got from the Abyss. He will order it to land on a warehouse, where a big bully person is already waiting for them. The person got two gastanks on his back and tubesfrom the tanks lead to his gas masks.

"Welcome back Master." he sais, looking at the creature he is riding. "What is this?"

Arkant jumps down from the neck of the creature. "This is the base of a new project. Prepare the labs and get me sample F-207, H-986 and L-319. Also get someone to prepare a sleeping place for him. He might stay for a while and I don't want to imprison him into the labs."

The bully guy nods and heads for the lift, keeping the door open for his master.

"Follow me." Arkant says to the creature as he heads for the open door that leads inside.

<Continue>
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

Bank Robbery

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Bank Robbery!

A bucket of soiled water upends itself right over the thieves' heads! And, in an amazing (and also somewhat improbable) display of human dexterity, Lady's Parasol flicks open just in time to deflect it!

A parasol used to deflect falling water! I'll bet nobody's ever thought of that before!

Naturally, the pair takes advantage of the lack of immediate combat to engage in more witty banter, because...

...Seriously, what else would you expect from these two?

"I see! In that case I'm quite sorry, but we're not hiring right now. Wadsworth and Yvette wouldn't appreciate being replaced, you know?"

Gentleman himself lifts his cane into the air as if it were some kind of odd rapier, even swirling it in a quick flourish and adopting a traditional English fencing position: En Garde! (Nevermind that it's a french phrase...)

"Perhaps you could check with the Rackhams down the street? They've been looking for someone to help around the manor, if you're interested!"

Lady, meanwhile, simply retrieves an object that looks suspiciously like some kind of smoke grenade from her suitcase and lifts her parasol to a place where she can use it to defend herself!

Invictus leaps into the air, assisted by springs in her boots, flips, and aims to land in front of Lady - being mindful of the parasol threat. Gentleman she'll leave to Intrepid.

SLAVE - Shop

SLAVE- Shop

"I know her. Why are you interested in her?" He's cautious, because she is his daughter, even if he has many others- nine, I think, in total.
    "She seems to be a sadist. I would enjoy breaking her," the elf says, with a sinister smile. "I will pay <three times the typical amount for a slave her age and condition>."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    However, HT would not enjoy it, so if the shopkeep is willing to sell his daughter, it will result in her going offscreen where Terrible Things will happen to her. If you want to keep playing her, then you should probably come up with a reason why the sale doesn't happen.

Mostly, I was curious to see if the shopkeep would sell his children, and if he did, how his other children would react to that.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1288

Bank Robbery

Intrepid reaches for the shock baton on his utility belt, to zap Gentleman into submissi-

...Oh, what's that? He left the utility belt and all its pouches back at the lair? Something about it not staying sealed shut and its contents getting all over the place. Huh, well isn't that unfortunate. You'd have expected him to at least have something other than his gloved fists to fight back with.

"This seems just a little unbalanced, doesn't it?"

Oh well. Intrepid raises his fists up in a pugilist's stance, slowly approaching and waiting for that cane to either fire or be thrust towards him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Orc in the Playground

Clinic

It doesn't take too long before the doctor is finished with Sweetcandy and releases her back into the minion's possession.

SLAVE

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't sell my daughter without first consulting my wives. Please come back tomorrow; I shall have an answer for you then. I'm afraid that they will not let her go so cheaply." The shopkeeper smiles. Asinoe wouldn't be a good slaver anyway- too sadistic, she couldn't keep the stock intact long enough to sell. And as she's mute, she can't become a trainer and break their will as she can't give them orders- unless they learn British Sign Language, anyway.

Show
    Yes, he would sell his children, and he wouldn't tell the others where they'd be going- in this case, lying to them, saying she's got an apprenticeship as an overseer. But I would like to continue playing her, but I would be willing to have her escape after a moderate period of torture.

Arkant's Warehouse

The bird-like creature will follow Arkant willingly, looking around suspiciously.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

SLAVE

"Very well,"
    the elf says, and leaves. It will actually be two days before the elf returns. When ze does, it's in a carriage, late in the day. The coach driver remains outside, while the elf enters alone.

Show
    Certainly an escape or release can be arranged, perhaps in a cut scene.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs