New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    "Hipsters as a culture deserve essays of analysis."

... I don't actually feel the need to continue reading that.
    Huh? What are you...

*looks, closes tab*

It wasn't loading all the way anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Honestly? I'm less liking it and more morbidly curious how they can make a skeleton sexy. Can it even be done?
    Ach. I have to try, now that you've said something...

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I self-identified as a hipster before hipster self-identification was cool.

Of course, I only say that with layers of irony.
    Well then carry on my Wayward Friend! It's still not cool to be a hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    So are we starting to propose names yet for the next thread? With all the fuss over sisterhood after this last episode, and since we didn't use it after the Luna episode, I think "Season 2 ruined my fanon" should be considered
    Seconded! Somepony take up the tally. That's like, 3 for "season two ruined my fanon" and -1 for "friendship is herpes". Because even the guy who started that was all "ewww no".

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I don't want to live in a world in which the sociological journal Hipsters would fill a sorely empty niche in the academic community. It's not that some stupid fashion trend is completely unworthy of scholarly evaluation, it's that some stupid fashion trend is completely unworthy of reams of scholarly evaluation.
    I do have to agree.

Hipsters are weird though. See, I've been hearing "I liked it before it was cool since I was like, 8. Then one day there are Hipsters on King of The Hill and I'm all "the hay is a hipster?" what is a hipster? Where and when Sid they come from? Are they a fashion thing, or are they a generation of kids who actually put stock in liking unique things? Or are they both; I remember that both the whole gothic and emo thing had their hangers-on who just wanted to be part of a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The day the land of Equestria was shaken to its foundations.
    Wow. That's interesting! The guy who drew this is used to making comic book-style women. Look at Lyra's thighs; the flow and sweep are standardized 'cheesecake' practice. He even included the subtle divot on the far leg that implies transition from thigh to buttock behind the other leg.

I noticed a trend in art style, and I blame Thanqol.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Computer issues. two days.
    no pony.
    Was able to glean the first 2 minutes of episode
    no pony.
    Noticed issues corresponded with decrease in pony as process time was made for web programming
    no pony.

System cannot handle this little pony.

pony.
    Dude!

You need some pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I think the DVDs are only going to be 2-3 episodes each for $20 a disc. All current children's programming gets sold like that. Captive market and all. There'll be a boxed set eventually.

More comments including a rant on the limitations of DRM:
    Spoiler
    Show

I would have already bought all the episodes on iTunes, but that program won't let me burn it to DVD. I was so miffed when I just flat-out couldn't burn Dr. Horrible to a DVD to take it somewhere else and play it. Yes, I know there's some work-around to rip the content out of iTunes and into an unlocked format so it's actually usable, but I shouldn't have to do that once I've purchased it. And, just like with video games, those who download the unauthorized rips have no problems whatsoever, only those who legally bought the stuff get screwed. *sad*
    That's weird.

Is it pirating to record a show from your television or DVR? I mean, in theory I've already paid for it. I may have to find a way to upload DVR files to a computer, since I think the only issue is if I try to turn a profit from the show.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Seconded! Somepony take up the tally. That's like, 3 for "season two ruined my fanon" and -1 for "friendship is herpes". Because even the guy who started that was all "ewww no".
    I was not at all being serious when I suggest Friendship is Herpes as the next thread title. Please do not use it.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Orc in the Playground

More DRM. Sorry if this violates the rules. I'm being pretty reasonable about what I say tho. Or at least, trying to be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, it probably isn't even Apple making that decision, it's probably what they needed to agree to in order to sell movies and TV shows at all on iTunes.

Media companies in general have their heads in their flanks, and their clocks set back to last century. I doubt it is Hasbro either making that specific decision, just that it is "what everyone else is doing" so they all keep doing it.

I'm unwilling to risk even buying anything more on iTunes unless I know I can get a DRM-free version of it from iTunes itself. If just have to go somewhere else and download it to actually use it, I might as well just do that.

You should be able to burn your DVR stuff without any problems, and it's perfectly legal to do so as long as you don't start selling copies or charging people to watch it.

Edit: Re the boxed-set related post below, edited in here so I don't spam the thread: Yeah, it makes sense, business-wise and customer-relationship-wise for Hasbro to just go ahead and release a high-quality BR/DVD/MP4 combo boxed set at an affordable price.

The 'brony' portion of their audience is technically-inclined enough to find all the episodes for free online anyway, and is intelligent enough to realize the usual Disney/etc style of leeching as much money as possible isn't exactly fair to them. The usual $10 an episode is just not going to fly with most folks in this bracket, but a boxed set, with BR/DVD/MP4 versions of the show, at an affordable price and packed with special features, would be guaranteed to sell out.

The 'parent' portion of their audience (including the target audience agegroup of children, but they don't usually pay for the content themselves) may or may not know how to find and download the high quality episodes, but they aren't stupid, and they know that the usual Disneyesque costs for children's programming is a horrible, terrible deal designed to screw the consumer as much as possible. Imagine how much their audience, and target market, would appreciate it if they had an affordable, complete boxed set of MLP:FIM at $xx (instead of $xxx) available in stores in time for this holiday season.

If they did that, they could advertise it right on the box: "Share the Magic of Friendship, you can give the versions you don't use to someone else." (or something more eloquent) They'd gain even more admiration from the technically-inclined brony community, and the online retailer review pages would be filled with page after page of heartwarming (and incredibly good PR) posts from regular consumers about how families kept one version for themselves, gave the other video version to some friends, and sent the MP4 DVDs to their older child who loves the show and is stuck in Iraq or Afghanistan or someplace like that.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-11-07 at 01:22 AM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I think the DVDs are only going to be 2-3 episodes each for $20 a disc. All current children's programming gets sold like that. Captive market and all. There'll be a boxed set eventually.
    I guess it depends on Hasbro and their plans for what is to their business an effective series of 22 minute toy commercials. If the auxillary brony fanset is measurably large enough then it makes sense to release the complete box set, because they'll sell.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi Ponythread. A busy weekend for me, so I was only able to skim-read at various points.

Thoughts on S2E5:

Spoiler
    Show
    As has been noted, it was good, but probably my least favourite of Season 2 so far. Probably for much the same reasons that Lesson Zero wasn't a favourite of some - Rarity's OCD in over-drive hit a little too close to home for comfort.

Items of note for yours truly:
    - Bored Sweetie Belle scooting around on the floor is so adorable! New pancreas, please!
    - Sweetie Belle tearing up when she told Rarity that she didn't want a sister any more... I wanted so much to reach through the screen, hug Sweetie and tell her everything will be all right.
    - Applebloom got some hilarious lines in this episode. *munch slobber crunch* "What's uncouth?" "It means impolite or uncivilised." *BRAAAAP!* "Exactly!"
    - Applejack and Applebloom call each other by "AJ" and "AB" nicknames.
    - Gone with the Wind reference? Rarity hammy is (second) best hammy!
    - AJ, why are you so good at everything? I know that she's (largely) the sensible, level-headed pony, but I'm hoping for an "Applejack has a massive lose-her-head do-something-silly fan-girl moment" this season.
    - The pie eating contest section of the race... sweet Celestia, they've been taking eating lessons from Pinkie Pie. Equestrian table manners are doomed!
    - Damp mane & tail Rarity is... disturbingly attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Computer issues. two days.
    no pony.
    Was able to glean the first 2 minutes of episode
    no pony.
    Noticed issues corresponded with decrease in pony as process time was made for web programming
    no pony.

System cannot handle this little pony.

pony.
    *hugs*

Maybe Pinkie Claus will bring you a new system for Christmas:

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I severely doubt you could fill a journal on the matter, nor was that called for. Any particular aspect of sociology that could fill a journal on its own I suspect has already become its own field like "women's" or "ethnic" studies. Essays would be appropriate and still require smallish reams I think. Possibly a sidebar in a detailed text on this time frame.
    That's what they say. Until it happens. Until the ivory towers are replaced with vintage clothing stores and hand made candle shops; when Science begins to ironically and exclusively be about extispicy and palm reading; when horn rimmed safety goggles become standard eye protection in laboratories; when the Arecibo Observatory begins to pump music no one in space nor Earth has ever heard of, then you will see the horrors wrought in a world that let a few essays about annoying cultural trends slip like grains of sand through a shaman's outstretched hand. THEN YOU WILL SEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ultimately though once one ascribes worthiness to scholarly evaluation one has taken the first step towards biased understandings.
    For the first time in my entire life, "he started it" is an appropriate and meaningful response.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Didn't you hear? Bacon is a vegetable.
    Yeah, I've posted that like three times and had no response from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Hi Ponythread. A busy weekend for me, so I was only able to skim-read at various points.

Thoughts on S2E5:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm glad I'm not alone there.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: I just realized, the artist made her eyes purple.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-11-07 at 01:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I uh

Welp

Hmm.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

I don't remember who it was, but someone a week ago linked a picture in this thread of Twilight Sparking asking what Homestuck was. I, being a curious fool, googled that very question.

Sigh, I really did not have time to read the web-comic equivalent of War and Peace this week, but that kinda happened anyway.

Homestuck spoilers I guess
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my gosh. That Cascade cinematic with Dave and Rose rising out of the green sun as their god tiers. That was the best thing I've seen in a year, basically since ponies actually.

I have read all of the comics. All of them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Until I scrolled down I thought the artist had drawn her smoking.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Banned

I'll be honest; I don't care one way or another what the ponies eat. I'm in it for the arguing. Ergo, your proof, isn't.

Spoiler
    Show
    *shrug* I just thought you guys were tired of hearing that sort of thing from me.

D:<
    *pummels violently*

... Also that ô_X
    *faints*

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I uh

Welp

Hmm.
    Succinct!

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ettin in the Playground

Thoughts on S2E5:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Until I scrolled down I thought the artist had drawn her smoking.
    Actually, I've seen that too. Using one of those cigarette holders of course.

I'll be honest; I don't care one way or another what the ponies eat. I'm in it for the arguing. Ergo, your proof, isn't.

*shrug* I just thought you guys were tired of hearing that sort of thing from me.

D:<
    *pummels violently*

... Also that ô_X
    *faints*
    I'd feel worse for you if you hadn't just said you were arguing for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Awesome.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That's going to be an Equestria Daily banner, right? Please please make that an Equestria Daily banner. Go usurp them again, if necessary.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm

You see

Quite.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh .. I

Indeed.

Dare I say it ... The fun has been doubled!

Also, suddenly everything makes sense to me (Ep 5 Spoiler):

Spoiler
    Show

Further proof, remember Pinkie Pie's parents?

That means we can extrapolate this to show that Rainbow Dash's parents are really cautious/controlling ponies, while Fluttershy's must be noisy jerks!

And as for quiet, unsociable Twilights? Well, we already know her parents are the noisy party-going types:

Spoil'd for Epilepsy inducing reasons:
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: My theory grows ^

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Bugbear in the Playground

Either way.

Spoiler
    Show

I know, I'm just being silly. I mean, zombie ponies... I don't know if the pigs in the show are intelligent or not. And I'm sure RL ponies eat their fair share of bugs accidentally while grazing.

Applejack totally wants to nom a ham sandwich:
    Spoiler
    Show

Though it could easily be tofu or some kind of !meat just like the hotdogs might be. Or the ponies could be total omnivores (and Pinkie Pie lied to the buffalo because she wanted to try some buffalo wings. )
    Beeskee, I'm going to post the same thing here that I posted back when that episode aired. That's a large flower petal. Remember how Twilight had, what was it, a daisy sandwich, back in Ticket Master? Yeah, clearly a flower petal.

To say otherwise would be to call Pinkie a liar, and are you sure you want to be doing that? *glares menacingly for a bit, then cracks up laughing at the thought of himself being threatening*

*Rereads your post* Wait, you did call Pinkie a liar. Why would you say that? *hugs Pinkie*

EDIT: SiuiS, according to the IRC, you currently owe Braz "SEXY AORTAS," and earlier you owed her some "SEXY SPIDERS." Whatever started this, I'd advise getting taken care of soon, before it gets out of hand.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-11-07 at 02:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    All kinds of horribly wrong thoughts contained within:

Spoiler
    Show
    Shimmer, you tease!

... is it suddenly my birthday and nopony told me?

Are... are wet manes the pony equivalent of wet T-shirts?

You'd think Rarity would look happier if she's starting a new fashion trend.

There were worse thoughts, but I ain't posting them! Confound these attractive ponies!

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    *Rereads your post* Wait, you did call Pinkie a liar. Why would you say that? *hugs Pinkie*
    No I didn't. Well, only if the ponies are omnivores.

Okay, we have to face the truth: Wet ponies are the new socks. They're just super-adorable.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-11-07 at 02:52 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    thats good...but i will counter with this!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    thats good...but i will counter with this!!

Spoiler
    Show
    You're good...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...But she's better.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

EDIT: SiuiS, according to the IRC, you currently owe Braz "SEXY AORTAS," and earlier you owed her some "SEXY SPIDERS." Whatever started this, I'd advise getting taken care of soon, before it gets out of hand.
    And now it's "SEXY WET MANES"
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    You're good...

...But she's better.
    ahhhh, but she has 2 ponies to my 1 and thats simple mathematics, not fancy ones
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-11-07 at 03:18 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit: I just realized, the artist made her eyes purple.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All kinds of horribly wrong thoughts contained within:

Spoiler
    Show
    Shimmer, you tease!

... is it suddenly my birthday and nopony told me?

Are... are wet manes the pony equivalent of wet T-shirts?

You'd think Rarity would look happier if she's starting a new fashion trend.

There were worse thoughts, but I ain't posting them! Confound these attractive ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I first saw that scene, I fell in love. I didn't want to say anything though, I didn't want to sound weird. But now that I know I'm not the only one, I feel so much better.
    Rarity pics (not all wet manes, unfortunately. Also, screen stretchage. You have been warned.):
    Spoiler
    Show

Guess what my new wallpaper is?

Dem eyes...

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    ahhhh, but she has 2 ponies to my 1 and thats simple mathematics, not fancy ones
    There's your problem - in Phoe's picture THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    And now it's "SEXY WET MANES"
    Next thread title, anypony?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I first saw that scene, I fell in love. I didn't want to say anything though, I didn't want to sound weird. But now that I know I'm not the only one, I feel so much better.
    Rarity pics (not all wet manes, unfortunately. Also, screen stretchage. You have been warned.):
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm starting to wonder if the animators did this deliberately? As in, choosing a new "wet mane" design that made her look attractive; instead of using the Season 1 wet mane, which made her look... well, soggy.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Orc in the Playground

Next thread title, anypony?

I'm starting to wonder if the animators did this deliberately? As in, choosing a new "wet mane" design that made her look attractive; instead of using the Season 1 wet mane, which made her look... well, soggy.
    Seconded!

Yeah, she looks happy instead of traumatized, too. Also the wet mane looks more natural in the second. Either the first one was a quicker version since it was for a shorter scene, or it was done that way in the first one to reflect that she was drenched.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with earlier posters on wet mane Rarity. Just thought I'd say that. I still suggest "With Celestia As My Witness" for next thread title, though.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Sexy... spiders?

Arachnophobia warning:

I am sorry. Maybe cute spiders is better?

Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Episode 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with earlier posters on wet mane Rarity. Just thought I'd say that. I still suggest "With Celestia As My Witness" for next thread title, though.
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I am sorry. Maybe cute spiders is better?

Spoiler
    Show
    Urgh...gah...why are those spiders so adorable?

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if Rarity doesn't mean for it to become a fashion trend, it really should. That's a remarkably good look for ponies.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-11-07 at 05:24 AM.