New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

{1312 Hidden Valley Road, A.K.A. Judy and Mint's home}

Judy and Bianca sit in silence, neither not knowing what to say to one another.

And then at once, they begin to speak. WHhavate ydiodu ynoouticweadntnotoosnpeeealksetohaMsinttrieabdotuot?kill you?

They both stare at one another blankly, then begin laughing.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Oh, no. I don't want to be pretty. I don't want to stand out, and never really have. I mean, even with the boots and the antenna I still don't stand out much. However, if I was pretty I would appeal to the hormones enough to get bugged. Besides, these are useful, unlike beauty."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"What? Beauty is useful, people will like you more. You don't like to be liked? I mean, I could make you uglier if you really want." Hannah protests.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"What? No, I don't want to stand out. Besides who does physical beauty stand out to? Not the kind of people I want to associate with."

Kate looks Hannah up and down again. "Okay, the next thing would be to customize your clothes I thi- No, wait, you haven't actually tweaked your build yet."

5. - Top - End - #65

Outside the Crab House

"Why, I'm oh so very glad to hear that! The house is just [Suspiciously Low Price for Such a Classy Piece of Real Estate] and I can promise that there's no undead hiding away in there at all! Nope, not one single undead, no sirree, it'sa hundred per-cent undead free!" With a wave of his hand the realtor conjures forth a hefty stack volume of paperwork and a silver fountain pen, holding them out towards Dave with the usual terrifying friendly smile. "I'm just sure you'll love it, it's just a wonderful piece of property!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crab House
    Dave will go through all of the paperwork carefully, reading everything to be sure that he's not signing away anything important.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

((YAY Mint and Judy!! ))

Defelent's House

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The bathroom is quite roomy, with a large bath, a shower large enough for a tall person to stretch out their arms when washing them. Or for two smaller people to comfortably shower at the same time. Two people like Defelent and Tracy, in particular. Also in the room is a mirror set in the ceiling above the bath, a sink, a lavatory and a cupboard for dry towels. The towels could act as a blanket, if Naethalee decides to return to Tracy.
    Naethalee notes the size of the shower with a neutral expression, and takes a quick shower before, drying off, going to take the towels to Tracy to cover her up comfortably.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #68

Kate's Apartment

"Huh. You're weird." Hannah observes with an odd look at Kate. "Anyway! Time to get working, What clothes go well with a big bust huh? You seem to know a lot about this for not wanting any of it."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"In the society where I come from? It takes truly epic society blindness to not notice what kind of body type is considered beautiful. Apart from that, I'm making educated guesses and using common sense. As for clothes, I honestly never followed the trends or whatever. I always waer jeans and a normal shirt, but I presume you want something... more."

Kate thinks a minute. "I honestly have no idea. I could look up some images if you want."

Kate is so smart because she knows how to wrangle smarts from the internet. It's a life skill, really.

10. - Top - End - #70

Kate's Apartment

"Huh, everyone wears these large dresses where I'm- I mean, they are from. It's pretty right?" Hannah asks with a smile. "I think you'd fit in one, no matter how plain you are." She pauses a moment, "But let me guess? It calls attention or something like that?" Hannah sticks her tongue out. "Pffh, I bet I know more about living then you do."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Well, there you go. Truth be told, if I was from the same universes you were from-er, one of them, I would probably wear a dress, too. But I came from a different world, with different standards of fashion. This outfit," She gestures down at herself, "Would stand out in a lot of other worlds. That outfit," she gestures to Hannah?'s dress "would stand out other places. In the nexus, neither one really stands out. So, I stick with what I'm comfortable in.

Kate shrugs. "And, truthfully? You definitely know more about life than I do. You have the combined knowledge of, what, three different people? And if I'm one of them, that means you have all of my information, plus additional information from the other two. You could probably have figured all this out yourself, given some time and thought."

12. - Top - End - #72

Outside the Crab House

The contract is rather standard, at least as standard as any contract could possibly be in the Nexus. There are a few rather odd little terms and clauses; One prohibiting the owners from moving the house nor the land it's located upon until the mortgage is fully paid, for instance, as well as rather usurious adjustment rates, but none of the more suspect stuff really affects Dave and Clarissa, seeing as they're outright buying the house. The only thing that could really be construed as diabolical is the complete lack of definition when it comes to the "methods of repossession" to be used in case of default.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #73

Crab House
    Dave signs it in his name only and writes out the check.
    "Now show us the house, realtor guy."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #74

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, yeah... everything is relative and stuff." Hannah replies. "So what do you want Kate? I'm sorta in your debt right?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Uhh, well, nothing really. I mean, I guess I do have some things that I want, but nothing really... I can take care of them myself, in any case. Thanks for offering, but I don't need anything."

What? Is Hannah going to just let Kate be all... boring like that? She helps design the body (which is still only half-customized), admits herself to be boring and having less life experience, and wants nothing in return?

16. - Top - End - #76

Kate's Apartment

"Wait, so you don't need anything ever? You're so completely satisfied with your life that you don't even have any goals whatsoever?" Hannah asks in astonishment.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Well, there are a few things, but nothing that can really just be fixed like magic. You know, you interact with people, and you cant just change people to fix your problems. Well, you shouldn't."

Kate shrugs. "I'm not about to ask you to mess with others, that would be wrong. In one way or another, I'll just deal with my problems myself."

She smiles after a moment. All of a sudden she feels very grown up and mature.

18. - Top - End - #78

Kate's Apartment

"Oh? Must be easy being you and pretty boring too." Hannah nods, now she knew what was going on with Kate. "I can make sure everyone ignores you if you want, only people you touch will be able to pay attention to you until they can't see you anymore. That way you will be even more boring! You're reaching boringception!" She totally stole that from Copi by the way.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Some Street

"I... what? No, no. I don't want that. I want to live a normal... well, normal for the nexus, life. Making it hard for people to notice me would really only complicate matters. Also, 'boringcetion' makes no sense. I could go into semantics, but I'm not going to. It just makes no sense... in this case. I suppose it's hypothetically possible, but still."

She doesn't even want interesting levels of boring. Doesn't that kind of make her... more boring?

20. - Top - End - #80

Some Street

"It totally makes sense, I heard it mentioned somewhere." Or something like that.

She makes an effort to scan Kate's mind, there have to be something interesting hiding in there, like friends and stuff.

"Anyway, we were talking attractive bodies right? So big breasts... anything else big or small?" She asks.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Freinds? Well, there are a few from before Kate was dragged to the Nexus, but the ones that matter are Julie (the succubus, who Kate is helping at GLoG), Sophie (the spider, her roommate), Harnel (The half dragon, who she took some self-defense lessons from), Mintbalm (The pixie turned into not-quite-a-genie), and Cosiellio (apparently he god or something? She doesn't really worship him, but she does consider them friends.)

"It depends..."

Kate then goes into stuff about beauty trends through the years, and into stuff that would be awkward to type for both of us. That can probably be hand waved while Hannah does stuff with the information she took from Kate's mind.

22. - Top - End - #82

Kate's Apartment

While that is going on Hannah's mind decides to find and contact some friends to Kate. The first being the spider living in the same apartment as Kate.

Hey! Are you Sophie? The friend of Kate? Sophie will be able to hear inside her head.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-26 at 11:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

I...what? Yes, but... look, I don't have time for this right now. I'm in the middle of some intricate work. Come back in an hour or two.

...You know, all the information is probably in Sophie's subconsciousness. Hannah might just be able to find what she wants without bugging the spider.

24. - Top - End - #84

Kate's Apartment

Aw, I wanted to talk to you! This totally sucks. You don't mind if I check your memories some other way do you? Because apparently I can do that.Thanks, bye! Hannah replies.

The information she wants is what Sophie think about Kate and if she would want to change Kate in some way.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

...What?

Sophie likes Kate, of course. She doesn't really want to change Kate any more than she already has been changed. She does want to give Kate a present of some sort, but she's not sure what; Kate is hard to shop for.

...okay, if you delve deep enough you might find that Sophie thinks that human hair is kind of silly. She thinks that there is no real reason to have a bunch of keratin coming out of one's scalp. What is the use?

Kate's hair, however, is useful: it glows. That's nice!

26. - Top - End - #86

Kate's Apartment

Nothing really useful there.

Too nice. Hannah notes. From what she could tell the other persons who were her hand't been particularly nice if you judged them from the usual human norm.

Let's look for something more interesting.

Julie! She calls out the (sort of) succubus mentally. You're Kate's friend right?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside of the Crab House]

Clarissa watches Dave sign the paperwork. She's not one for such things. She refuses to plant her signature on any sort of contract. Period. She snarls at the very prospect.

She then turns away to amuse herself with a toy! A modified Magic 8 Ball with flashing lights and fun!

And repossession of Dave's soul would probably fail. Clarissa called dibs on that a long, long time ago, so her dibs has priority.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

Nothing will interrupt Naethalee's shower, though by the time she goes to put a towel over Tracy the catgirl has awoken. There is, however, the smell of something very nice drifting out from a door leading to the kitchen. It smells like bacon being fried.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Kate's Apartment

Nothing really useful there.

Too nice. Hannah notes. From what she could tell the other persons who were her hand't been particularly nice if you judged them from the usual human norm.

Let's look for something more interesting.

Julie! She calls out the (sort of) succubus mentally. You're Kate's friend right?
    Kate's Apartment

Julie, quite a distance away somewhere and somewhen in GLoG, is firmly annoyed by someone strange poking around in her head.

Yes, I sort of am. Now listen here darlin', you tell me who you are and what could be so important that you had to invade my headspace?" Even mentally, Julie sounds miffed.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #90

Kate's Apartment

I'm called Hannah since Kate gave me that name, she helped me see so now I want to help her. She explains.

I like to know what you think of Kate? Anything you like to change? Hannah asks in a friendly but curious tone.