New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Caroline would have chosen "Yes" also, so no protest is forthcoming.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Enter the tutorial scene!

"Alright! So you want to know how to craft new spells, do you? Excellent, because that's exactly what I'm here to teach you!" Sigil Stripe declares. "Crafting a new spell requires both a Catalyst and Reagents. You'll need one Catalyst for every two Reagents you want to combine. Catalyst is gained by casting Catalyze on a monster and then defeating it in combat."

A monster appears! Looks like some kind of really unfriendly cactus. Sigil's horn glows as he casts Catalyze on the monster! The monster retorts by poking him! The unipony's turn!

Once again his horn glows as a ring of sigils appear around him, followed by the devastating power of Fire3! The Angry Cactus is defeated! Sigil Stripe gains one Catalyst1!

"Now go to your Spell Creation menu and select the components you wish to combine. I'll pick Fire1 and Lightning1!"

A flash as spells are combined and-

Sigil Stripe has created Brilliance Blast1!

"And that's all there is to it! Would you like to hear the tutorial again?"

>Yes No
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh no.... not the grinding items in the middle of fights mechanic. That was horrible! Horrible in 8, horrible now."

Vincent chooses no though he wishes he could at least ask where to get reagents from. Probably some store for stupid prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Bugbear in the Playground

Levi the swordguy decides that he's been in the tavern for too long - now, he says "Thanks," to the Wizard and to the Healer, both for equally saving his life. "I had better get going. I have some things to do before sundown," he says.

"Although I don't really know when sundown is here." He comments on the unnatural timeline of Nexus where you can pass three weeks in a tavern and, when you go outside, only twelve and a half minutes have passed.

He heads towards the exit door to go find some chains.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Samantha feels kind of guilty for having only healed the guy then just leaving him there. Almost like an eat and run. So as he goes she smiles to him "Happy to help. Sorry for not really chatting, but if you ever want to, I think I'll likely be here for a while. Was nice to meet you though. "

6. - Top - End - #1356

As Levi stands up and speaks the Wizard is finally reminded of his existence, feeling more than a little guilty as he bids his farewells. "Ah, yes, I too was glad to meet you. I only wish I could have done so without injuring you. My apologies for that, and, if you ever need magical assistance, I will be found here." But despite the sincerity of the apology, the Wizard's attention is elsewhere.

Through careful observation and perhaps a little too much dragon whiskey, the Wizard has come to what he feels an inescapable conclusion, namely, that Sigil Stripe is not a unicorn at all but rather some sort of sorcererous spirit hailing from another realm.

A powerful, and in all likelihood, dangerous spirit. But also one that knows a great deal of magic and seems willing enough to teach others.

-----

"Hah! When isn't there a fight going on here?" About this time a waiter arrives and hands out the menus. This being Trog's, the alleged "menus" are no more than filthy, soaked placecards with food and drink scrawled upon them in a barely literate hand. "There are wars that have inflicted less injury than Trog's. Casualties are low at least, the head waiter doesn't like people being killed on her watch."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-15 at 10:43 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #1357

"Yeah, it was nice to meet you two, as well."

"See you later," he says before he finally leaves the tavern, giving a wave to both Samantha and The Wizard. of Oz.

Now, off to find a MagMart!
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-15 at 09:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358

Imesah gives a bit of a look to the menus before tossing them back on the table. "I take it the Nexus is a lot more chaotic than the world I was just in, then." She absentmindedly drums her fingers on the table.

9. - Top - End - #1359

"Oh, you wouldn't believe the half of it." Interlacing his hands behind his head and using them as a cushion Saturday leans back in his seat, tilting the chair onto it's back legs as he relaxes. "There are things out here that will change you by the seeing of them, dreams and nightmares alike brought to life and motion. What you've seen so far is merely the crest of the iceberg, an oh so small little spot of acceptable oddity rising from a sea of true madness.

The Nexus has all things you see, but you'll only see what you want to see. If you'll look around at our fellow patrons, why, most are barely a feature or two from human! And the ones that aren't, why, they're nearly all stolen up from human mythology!
    He nods over at a small crowd gathered around one of the pool tables, as colorful and distinct as a rainbow yet all relatable in some way to humanity, possessing for the most part two arms, two legs, two eyes and two ears just as hominids do. "That's because opposites attract is an old lie. Same attracts same, birds of a feather flock together and the herd knows it's own. The inhuman creatures, the incomprehensible lands, the truly weird and unbearably wild, they stick to their own too."

-----

Into the bar comes padding a Badger in a tophat, looking around for the fellow he's supposed to be meeting here.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Enshadu had been busy rethinking over what Magtok had said. His hands are currently formed into a pair of large scissors, his left hand the large sharp chopping tool, his right metal and in the shape of a human hand. He's chopping up photos and putting them on some macabre board. Which disappears with a snap when Badger appears. Ah! Good, you're here! I was waiting...Come in, sit...have a drink. I'm very interested in seeing this business proposition, I have a feeling it will be to our mutual benefit.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-16 at 01:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1361

A sorcerous spirit?

Nuuuu...

Sigil Stripe is just a pony. A very talented pony. But a pony none the less. Like he said before, understanding a wide spectrum of magic is his special talent, the thing which makes him unique with regards to all the other tiny talking horses.

...of course...

Tiny talking horses aren't terribly common in the Nexus. More a land devoted to humans and mostly-humans.

Sigil Stripe hops off his stool and heads for the door. He has an appointment today after all!

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

{On a Quest... again}

Caroline looks at Vincent, confused. What just happened? Was that a catalyst?

13. - Top - End - #1363

Oh hey, look at that!

The spell Catalyze appears to have been left behind along with a spell recipe. No doubt for the aging spell!

Score!

Just have to read the recipe and go find the proper components to make the spell.

That should be easy, right?

Right?

Right!

14. - Top - End - #1364

Imesah does look around a bit at most of the others in the tavern. "I suppose that makes sense, if that's how you want to view the world."

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {On a Quest... again}

Caroline looks at Vincent, confused. What just happened? Was that a catalyst?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Oh hey, look at that!

The spell Catalyze appears to have been left behind along with a spell recipe. No doubt for the aging spell!

Score!

Just have to read the recipe and go find the proper components to make the spell.

That should be easy, right?

Right?

Right!
    "Basically we learned a spell to go with a new game mechanic." Vincent tries to explain, picking up the recipe and looking at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #1366

"Oh? So you have another way of seeing things?" Sam asks, obviously finding this all quite the laugh.
    -----

"Thankya very much, I'm thinking I'll be having something in the wine department today."

Badger doesn't think much of his new friend's hobby, but he keeps that to himself, piling it onto his ever-growing list of petty greivances with the world, right behind 'Why is this darn stool so high up?' Enshadu can go and be mad as a hatter for all Badger cares, long as money's making it's way to his pocketbook.

"An now we're more'r less free of prying eyes, mebbe you could be convinced to share a few tidbits of that plan a' yours, eh?"
    -----
    "That was... odd." The Wizard says to Samantha, leaning back against the bar and setting his hat on the counter beside him. "And I do not think I ever got my questions answered." Although, the Wizard had learned enough besides from the last few minutes of conversation that most of his original questions were now null and void, in the face of an entirely different set.

"I wonder, are all the animals here so? I can't say I like the thought of not eating meat for my stay here. A man could perish on that sort of diet."

17. - Top - End - #1367

"I do," Imesah says. "I have spoken with beings that were nowhere close to humans." She shakes her head a bit. "But I do not wish to debate this topic."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

"Thankya very much, I'm thinking I'll be having something in the wine department today."

Badger doesn't think much of his new friend's hobby, but he keeps that to himself, piling it onto his ever-growing list of petty greivances with the world, right behind 'Why is this darn stool so high up?' Enshadu can go and be mad as a hatter for all Badger cares, long as money's making it's way to his pocketbook.

"An now we're more'r less free of prying eyes, mebbe you could be convinced to share a few tidbits of that plan a' yours, eh?"
    Enshadu nods. Fine with me...sir. So, I am involved with...some rather shady people around the Nexus.It just happens really...I have many contacts, and enemies....thanks to the various more powerful players in the Nexus, I have been brought to what you see before you...Now...I also have many allies. Including a group of cultists called "The Serpentine Acolyte, which practice their black magic in the sewers beneath the city...they used to be led by "The GRandfather". Now, there have been many Grandfathers. They choose a new one every time the old one dies. I killed the last...last...last one. He betrayed me. I killed him....take that as you wish. Now...these cultists have a small branch here still loyal to me. The majority of their group rule from the Shifting Sands...A huge desert in Medea. The Serpentine Acolyte think of me as a business partner. They would support me....I plan on creating a thieves guild...with the aid of you, my money-making friend, and the Grandfather...We could be the richest Guild in The Nexus...storing magic, powers...money...All the money you could want...stealing it all from the higher-ups. I don't want to have it just be a petty thieves gang...I want it to evolve into a great criminal empire...A Nexus Mafia if you wish. We'd both be... business partners...guild-masters....then, after we've established a rule of power....we aim for the Organizations that don't pay us their protection fees...or ones that we don't like...hehe...what do you say?

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

And now, Lellienth and Erin come downstairs, arm in arm, with the white-haired half-ghost trying to steer the way torwards a corner table.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

And to the corner they go, though I'll likely be working on other things for a fair bit, since I have a post I'm stuck on to write and a Changeling character to make.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

{Questing}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Basically we learned a spell to go with a new game mechanic." Vincent tries to explain, picking up the recipe and looking at it.
    Greaaat. Just what we need, something to complicate the game further. Caroline says sarcastically.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

[Corner Table]

Erin will order a pair of Llamaades and a Velvet Elfish for them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #1373

Empty seats, just a common thing. Never given a thought unless your'e trying to sit down, or remembering someone. Even a busy tavern like Trog's has a bunch of these.

Of course, not every seat is empty, even when you can't see anyone there. For a moment, a man wearing a large purple hat over his face appears, facing Vincent and Caroline. Then the man disappears again from sight.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Sigil quirks his head off to the side a bit. "I suppose that isn't too surprising. Most realms only have two types of magic. Technology and whatever they consider 'proper' magic to be. But given the nature of the Nexus it is inevitable really that things will end up clashing. Here! Let me provide you with a rather exotic example."

The unipong coughs slightly before holding his hooves somewhat cupped in front of himself and closes his eyes.

"Ia K'rax-Naggath fhtagn antorbok magormor pargon UAH!"

And then snaps them open again, now blazing with kaleidoscope of impossible colors. A blaze of some kind of opalecent white power suddenly bursts into existence between his hooves, pulsing and twisting as tendrils snake away from it as if it were a living and hungering thing.

The unipony smiles a silly smile.

"Eldritch power source, invocation focus. This sort of magic is really touchy. Wouldn't suggest it if you aren't well aware of what you're doing."

And unless your San score is padded pretty well.

Then an ear twitches toward the buggish looking being. "You're looking for Zee? Last I heard she was going to some sort of fancy party over in the drow quarter of the city."
    "Oh. Perhaps she'll be back soon, then?" Bellan asks hopefully, still shaking off some of his deadtime ooze.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

[Corner Table]

Lellienth smiles, and kisses her cheek, then digs in hungrily when the food arrives.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Erin nibbles at her food, looking around the tavern curiously to see who else might be about.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

{Questing}

"Seriously. This game is ridiculous enough as it is."

Vincent agrees with Caroline in the roundabout way required for sarcasm. Vincent noticed the man appearing and disappearing on his screen, but he's not allowed to react to it. After all, that's player knowledge and he's only the character.

"No real description on what we need too. Maybe some boss based ingredients. I dunno. What would you fight to get age spell ingredients? Enraged Redwoods?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Orc in the Playground

Erin and Lellienth may note the hobgoblin bundled up in a long grey trench coat with its collar up and a wide-brimmed hat of matching colour. His eyes dart around suspiciously. If they notice him, he'll smile at them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

{Questing}

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Empty seats, just a common thing. Never given a thought unless your'e trying to sit down, or remembering someone. Even a busy tavern like Trog's has a bunch of these.

Of course, not every seat is empty, even when you can't see anyone there. For a moment, a man wearing a large purple hat over his face appears, facing Vincent and Caroline. Then the man disappears again from sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Seriously. This game is ridiculous enough as it is."

Vincent agrees with Caroline in the roundabout way required for sarcasm. Vincent noticed the man appearing and disappearing on his screen, but he's not allowed to react to it. After all, that's player knowledge and he's only the character.

"No real description on what we need too. Maybe some boss based ingredients. I dunno. What would you fight to get age spell ingredients? Enraged Redwoods?"
    Well, Caroline can react. Whoa! she says, hoping away from the appearing, then disappearing person.

She blinks twice, then takes Vincent by the arm.... or tries to. Did you see that? she points to where the person was.

30. - Top - End - #1380

"Then I suppose this all, this adventure and intrigue and weirdness, is quite routine to a brave, stalwart traveller like yourself then, is it?" One might almost detect a hint of laughter in Saturday's tone. Clearly, he doesn't think Imesah has half an inkling of what this world really is.

-----

"Hate to break it to ya, friend, but that ain't what I'd go'n call a plan. I'd say it's more a' intent." Sticking a paw into the basket of decrepit, century old salted peanuts set out on the bar, Badger pops a dozen into his mouth, crunching them loudly as he talks. "Now, allies are good, always good, but what can these Serpentine people really provide, resource-wise? More-over 'n for that matter, how precisely we planning to acquire members for this gilded guild?

Can't really be calling it a plan 'till we've got those an more worked out."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-19 at 10:34 PM.