New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Honesty time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, it's amusing now that Kindablue (probably) edited your post to include 'bondage-mobile' in there, because I definitely did a double-take when I first saw cardboard-cutout-Rarity's outfit... Y'know, it's getting to the point that I default to 'hurr hurr' mode when I see bridles...this is probably not a good thing. <.< >.>
    OOOOHHHHHHH!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I completely missed that. Chains and bridles and such Re just regular pony clothes to me now >>;

Even worse, I kept expecting the cleopatra pony to have harem pants.

Druids represent!

Ep 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Favorite line: 'Thy backside is whole and ungobbled.' Too perfect, and the srs bsns voice makes it better still.

Favorite costume: this is a toughie; I really loved Derpy's adorable bag pony costume, but Carrot Top as a devil was awesome too. I also love Scootaloo's wolf costume, but mainly because I'm a confirmed Scootafan.
    Hm. Myself?
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't have a favorite line as yet. That would require liking only one thing about Luna when all things about Luna are fundamentally awesome.

Favorite costume? Knight pony with a spiked mace head on her tail. EPIC. And not the company or the popular way of saying radical; I mean the tail flail will be rewritten into pony medieval history, and the ballads of it's wielded shall be harkened unto Beowulf or Gilgamesh.

Hmm, Rarity as Elizabeth Bathory...my grimdark side is strangely intrigued...
    Aye. I enjoy making less grim, but still dark-seeming things with ponies. So it was a natural extension to make.

B-but I kind of want to be an alchemist...
    Well then you're in luck! Because that was less scoffing and more admitting that the terms have a lot of technical overlap even though connotation is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post

Who writes this stuff?
    Yeah, it takes all sorts.

Marshmellowy... Friendship?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "T-That's... that's okay... it w-was... an accident..." He shudders again as he tries to stand, legs shaking much as a new foal's. Inkblot again glares briefly at the prankster pony with the pillowcase and for a moment takes notice of the distraught pony emerging from the inexplicable trapdoor, before again looking up, glancing between Stacy and Nightmare, both warily and wearily.

With a sigh, he musters an awkward smile up at her, calling up, raising his voice so she can hear. "Y-You were just trying to defend yourself, after all... everypony mistook you for a monster at first! I'm, uh, I'm Inkblot!" As he introduces himself, he absently tugs a bit at some marshmellow still stuck in his coat, wincing a bit and looking briefly again at Nightmare, with mild anxiety.
    :D

*throws the empty pillowcase over Inkblot's head and uses that (plus the now-inanimate cloud of feathers) to cover "his" escape*

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Fav line and costume of episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    "THIS IS THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE! WE ALWAYS ADDRESS OUR SUBJECTS AT THIS VOLUME"

Costume is Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash (which would make an awesome easy to remember password that would be impossible to guess.)
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

[FFRP] Finding Berry Ann
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh okai Starry purrs, eyes a weird combination of DERP and swirlies. fank yoo veddy mudge, yu haff a lervly wyfe...

She shakes her head vigorously, which clears her eyes but turns her face a sickly green. Clamping her hooves to her mouth until the color subsides, Starry scrunches her eyes shut. Lowering her hooves, she breathes, That was not fun. You know what's not fun? Spinning. And I was spinning, and it was not fun. She wobbles a bit, obviously dizzy. Stars Above. So much spinning.
    Beeskee reaches out a hoof to help steady Starry, a look of sympathy on his face as she appears a little ill. He's spinning a bit himself after the rough catch too. "Mmf, yeah, I can understand that." He takes a look around to see who all managed to make it aboard the ship, wondering if any other ponies joined in, before returning his attention to the pony in front of him, thinking that it was perhaps a bad idea to turn his head so quickly. "Maybe have a lie-down until you feel better? I'm considering that, myself."
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Rarity is actually a mule: Proof on youtube

She totally admits it at 0:30. Just saying man.

NOTE: It's becoming increasingly difficult to resist giving into this childishness that is MLP. Real tug on the heartstrings it is.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2011-10-23 at 08:53 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, let's see. Writer of Ep. 4 is M. A. Larson. He's also wrote...
    Swarm of the Century, Sonic Rainboom, Cutie Mark Chronicles, and both halves of the Discord episodes.

Yeah, he's my favorite writer so far.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

So much ponythread... x.x can't keep up... *swept away by tide of posts*

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Okay, let's see. Writer of Ep. 4 is M. A. Larson. He's also wrote...
    Swarm of the Century, Sonic Rainboom, Cutie Mark Chronicles, and both halves of the Discord episodes.

Yeah, he's my favorite writer so far.
    M. A, Larson is ok in my book!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Barbarian in the Playground

Marshmallow Ridiculousness
    Spoiler
    Show
    His charge thus halted by massive pony backside, Flashpoint is relieved when the weight is lifted from him.

"*gasp* While it is true I don't mind the hefty mares, that was a bit much!"

He listens for a moment to the discussion around (or rather, above) him, and then looks around.

"...Say, how many unicorns have we got here? I imagine if we made this a joint effort, perhaps something could be done about our friend's, ah, inconveniently excessive mass."
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    NOTE: It's becoming increasingly difficult giving into this childishness that is MLP. Real tug on the heartstrings it is.
    That's sad to hear. Is is that you just aren't finding it fun anymore or that you should be doing something else?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    His charge thus halted by massive pony backside, Flashpoint is relieved when the weight is lifted from him.

He listens for a moment to the discussion around (or rather, above) him, and then looks around.

"...Say, how many unicorns have we got here? I imagine if we made this a joint effort, perhaps something could be done about our friend's, ah, inconveniently excessive mass."
    I think my throat is recovering...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have the magic of The Patron, so that could probably help... I kind of like you, giant pony. Your ok in my book.
    Candles looks pretty content being softly petted. It looks like he's in danger of falling asleep.

Inside Candle's head:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get up. There's things to be done

Candles stops falling asleep! (dudely dudely doo!)
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-23 at 08:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

As punishment for the offense of getting a song stuck in my head, I swore to bombard a non-brony friend with so much pony that they died of diabetes, and that while slipping into the stupor of their diabetes-induced coma, they would be deliriously singing pony songs. Anyone have any ammo laying around? Also, what's the general consensus on "best episode to use to introduce someone to FiM?" Winter Wrap Up?
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-23 at 08:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

As punishment for the offense of getting a song stuck in my head, I swore to bombard a non-brony friend with so much pony that they died of diabetes, and that while slipping into the stupor of their diabetes-induced coma, they would be deliriously singing pony songs. Anyone have any ammo laying around? Also, what's the general consensus on "best episode to use to introduce someone to FiM?" Winter Wrap Up?
    Use Bookfort Twilight. And Woona. Lots and lots of Woona. If they survive that, they've had a pancreas extraction already...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Several pounds of questionable mushrooms?

"And teleporting me around and superheating my magical, orichalcium horseshoes isn't both interfering and a lot more work? Plus the whole time travel and keeping the fact that having two copies of the exact same Exaltation in the same universe causes feedback?"
    Why would here be two exact copies? There's only one you. Unless you try to meet yourself, that's all there ever is.

NOTE: It's becoming increasingly difficult giving into this childishness that is MLP. Real tug on the heartstrings it is.
    The implications being 1) childish is bad, 2) liking a well-made cartoon is childish, 3) doing so requires effort against one's nature and 4) sarcastic dismissal is a valid conversational method for saying you don't like something.

The first three are wrong. You don't have to like what we like, but this is a thread specifically for the "likes it" crowd. Only lord Raziere frequents the place but doesn't claim the same level of enjoyment, other than (I assume) yourself. You won't find many dissenting opinions.
    there is also that not liking something is fine, but judging based on the criterion of whether you like something or not is somewhat flawed.

The fourth one is fine, with the understanding that you reap what you sow, and sarcasm without the "we're friends so I know you aren't being mean" buffer doesn't yield much.

It's possible you aren't being sarcastic, but then that leads to examining the first three in detail. Why is childhood something bad? Why is anytime being childlike detrimental to you? Why does it take effort? Is it a problem with the show, with your expectations or with the societal constraints put on you? Etc.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Who writes this stuff?
    Very frustrated English majors.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would here be two exact copies? There's only one you. Unless you try to meet yourself, that's all there ever is.

The implications being 1) childish is bad, 2) liking a well-made cartoon is childish, 3) doing so requires effort against one's nature and 4) sarcastic dismissal is a valid conversational method for saying you don't like something.

The first three are wrong. You don't have to like what we like, but this is a thread specifically for the "likes it" crowd. Only lord Raziere frequents the place but doesn't claim the same level of enjoyment, other than (I assume) yourself. You won't find many dissenting opinions.
    there is also that not liking something is fine, but judging based on the criterion of whether you like something or not is somewhat flawed.

The fourth one is fine, with the understanding that you reap what you sow, and sarcasm without the "we're friends so I know you aren't being mean" buffer doesn't yield much.

It's possible you aren't being sarcastic, but then that leads to examining the first three in detail. Why is childhood something bad? Why is anytime being childlike detrimental to you? Why does it take effort? Is it a problem with the show, with your expectations or with the societal constraints put on you? Etc.
    SiuiS... I think you're over analyzing this a bit. Perhaps childish was a poorly chosen word in retrospect?

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Rarity is actually a mule: Proof on youtube
    Rarity is ACTUALLY a marshmallow.

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Don't tell her I said that!! O.o; *hides*
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-23 at 08:35 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm afraid I don't follow.

For which you can blame Midnight.
    MIIIIIDNIIIIIIGHT!
    Concept art:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-23 at 08:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

... I was going to volunteer, but then j remembered that I ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    SiuiS... I think you're over analyzing this a bit. Perhaps childish was a poorly chosen word in retrospect?
    Given the general word choice, flow, and all, I don't think so. Having what you say analyzed is not only a big part of the Internet - where months long feuds have occurred over word choice - and here in Ponythread, where we often discuss symbolism in media, popular and esoteric philosophy, and story telling methods, all of which rely on word choice.

I need to know if gooddragon's post was based on wanting to correct his inability to watch, one way or the other (either cold turkey or learning to like it), on wanting to keep us informed jus out of courtesy, or what, before I cangive a more 'normal' response.

Combined with gooddragon1 showing up in the past, I have a vested interest in learning abou. What makes him(?) tick so I can react appropriately. And I've always been one to throw courtesy to the wind in the present so long as the truth can thereby be divined.

EDIT: I may be coming off antagonistically though. Which would be funny because I'm choosing my words to present a neutral, sterile and inquisitive tone with authoritarian undertones. If I'm failing, it will be a hoot.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-23 at 08:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Rarity is ACTUALLY a marshmallow.

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Don't tell her I said that!! O.o; *hides*
    Psst. Hey, Rarity!

Beeskee thinks you're a...marshmallow!

Whaaaa-?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Concept art:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cannot unsee in awkward light! Curse you, Kindabluuuuuuue!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is the Evil League of Evil a company? I guess that makes sense..." Tinker said, and then shook her head. "Doesn't matter! I ask the questions here! Point is, you just figured out in three minutes what a high tech mystery device does with hardly more than looking at it. Which means... uh, I guess it means you're smart. Like, unnaturally smart. As in, revolutionize-the-field of Mad Science smart. No clues as to what you are yet, though."
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the compliment, Sek bows his head slightly, and it almost seems that he would blush, if it were possible. "Well, it helps when you have on-board diagnostic equipment. And a lot of free time to play around with mechanical odds and ends..." Glancing back up, something in the pegasus' expression changes. "Actually...would you mind if I kept it? I might be able to put it to good use. I have a couple of ideas already..."

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

And I've always been one to throw courtesy to the wind in the present so long as the truth can thereby be divined.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-23 at 08:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm afraid I don't follow.

For which you can blame Midnight.
    MIIIIIDNIIIIIIGHT!
    "Yeah, yeah, you can blame me, but we both know the truth. You have a naturally filthy mind, I may have simply just skewed it towards certain viewpoints."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    "Yeah, yeah, you can blame me, but we both know the truth. You have a naturally filthy mind, I may have simply just skewed it towards certain viewpoints."
    Wait...we can get away with this by blaming Midnight?! Oh, in that case:

*ahem*

It was all Midnight's fault! I was lured in by Twixie and then led astray by that darn book! I'm an innocent bystander, I tell you!

You believe me, right guys? <.< >.>

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    That's sad to hear. Is is that you just aren't finding it fun anymore or that you should be doing something else?
    I meant to say it's becoming increasingly difficult to resist giving in. Amazing what difference one word can make.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Banned

Concept art:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Irony being what it is, now that I follow, you can probably still blame Midnight

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant to say it's becoming increasingly difficult to resist giving in. Amazing what difference one word can make.
    Called it.

Irony being what it is, now that I follow, you can probably still blame Midnight
    "Probably"?

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

A bizarre combination of time looping and dimensional hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    *REBUKING IMPUDENT ARMS*
    Sorry, my voice does that when I channel the Holy Tyrant.
    He drops the set he was giving her to use for dimensional travel before she finishes. "Watch it! Those were for you to use for dimensional travel. Just attune to them and you can activate them for just a few motes. Any essence can be used for at least a few centuries before repair. And if you're interested, we now have the ability to clean or repair an Exaltation while it's in use."
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Called it.

"Probably"?
    JUST FOR THAT MY WILL SAVE HAS INCREASED TO ... OVER 9000!!!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Banned

A possible side affect, sure. But I meant more "ask directly rather than hint at having questions and hoping somepony supplies answers."

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I wouldn't say 'filthy' exactly. But yeah...

Wait...we can get away with this by blaming Midnight?! Oh, in that case:

*ahem*

It was all Midnight's fault! I was lured in by Twixie and then led astray by that darn book! I'm an innocent bystander, I tell you!

You believe me, right guys? <.< >.>
    This is funnier in light of my above post.

Boy howdy does it make a difference. Changing one word and adding another puts an entire different spin on things! Part of why I haven't learned any other languages yet. My progress is stymied by having an incomplete grasp on my native tongue.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-23 at 09:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Colossus in the Playground

Given the general word choice, flow, and all, I don't think so. Having what you say analyzed is not only a big part of the Internet - where months long feuds have occurred over word choice - and here in Ponythread, where we often discuss symbolism in media, popular and esoteric philosophy, and story telling methods, all of which rely on word choice.
    On that topic it's been like 15 threads since I asked you what colour my writing was.

Cannot unsee in awkward light! Curse you, Kindabluuuuuuue!
    This just confirms my theory that Kindablue is the best screenname ever.

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the compliment, Sek bows his head slightly, and it almost seems that he would blush, if it were possible. "Well, it helps when you have on-board diagnostic equipment. And a lot of free time to play around with mechanical odds and ends..." Glancing back up, something in the pegasus' expression changes. "Actually...would you mind if I kept it? I might be able to put it to good use. I have a couple of ideas already..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Keep it? Well, I suppose that's 8 years off my prison sentence if that's gone from my lab. Go ahead!" Tinker said brightly. "So by this point I'm thinking you're a supercomputer. Which means," and with the same attitude as her former exorcism attempt, Tinker shouted at the top of her lungs, "THIS - STATEMENT - IS - FALSE!"

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

A possible side affect, sure. But I meant more "ask directly rather than hint at having questions and hoping somepony supplies answers."

I wouldn't say 'filthy' exactly. But yeah...

This is funnier in light of my above post.

Boy howdy does it make a difference. Changing one word and adding another puts an entire different spin on things! Part of why I haven't learned any other languages yet. My progress is stymied by having an incomplete grasp on my native tongue.
    I must resist... what would other people think of me? Yes. Must resist.