New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Yeah..." Reinholdt says, looking to one side for a bit.

"Is there something you wanted to do? You look kinda tired." Naps are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

[Away From Market Street]

"Uh." Kitty doesn't see herself as that 'magical'. It's normal for her. But compared to humans, she supposes she is. "I guess so. I'm a kitsune. Did you wanna know anything more specific?"

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I never had anything else planned for today, and I suppose I'm a bit tired." A nap is a bit tempting. If only to escape reality for a little bit. "Unless you have anything in mind...?"

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

Away From Market Street

"If you're willing to share more, yes. I reiterate that small details are sometimes the most important, but if you don't want to tell me more I completely understand."

Random strangers are, as a general rule, not usually help dispensers, so if Kitty doesn't trust Copi she understands perfectly.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Well there's always snuggling. Or ritual praying. Or we could just talk. But nothing specific planned, no." They're avoiding the party and there's no Carnival. Nothing in particular beyond that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps it's a good thing in this situation that Kitty is less than familiar with social norms, so she doesn't think too much of it. "Well, my natural form is a fox. Except, you know, with three tails." Her tails wave a bit to make her point. "I can jump really high and create fire too."

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I kind of like the sound of that first one." Arel says. She knows the vines have been weirding Rein out, and there's been less getting close as a result. Both from her not wanting to make him uncomfortable, and perhaps from some reluctance on his end too.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"I see how it is... less talking, more hugging, huh?" Reinholdt gives a perfect cat smirk at Arel, before hopping up on the couch. I have little doubt said couch is covered in cat hair. Then again, what isn't here? Good thing Arel's not allergic. At least Rein was smart enough to get super durable legs to protect from the scratching.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

Away From Market Street

Copi is aware of certain myths, but she goes about not thinking about those because if that's what is going on the greater good is going to get in the way.

"Hmm... seeing as you didn't really mention any kind of burning sensation or somesuch, we're going to have to get increasingly far from the point and hope that something tangential helps. Have you noticed any other anomalies? Alternatively, have you heard others (specifically others of your kind) talk about this kind of thing?"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel sits down next to Rein. She takes pains to get her vines out of the way, tucking one down the crack in the couch and bending the other two on that side the other direction. It's obviously not very comfortable, but when she snuggles up next to Rein, he'll hardly notice they're there unless he's looking for them.

"We can talk and snuggle at the same time." She says with a little laugh. "Unless of course our lips are occupied with something else." She gives him an amused little smirk and leans into him.

"Nope, nothing else weird. Just the hunger and weird feeling. And I don't know any other kitsunes, so I can't answer that." Kitty replies. "I've spent most of my life around foxes and humans, and I've never heard anything like this."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

Away From Market Street

"Unsettling. The next step is to try and find someone who would be willing to have a look at you, physically or magically, and try to figure it out that way. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get far with that if we don't have any money. Which I know I don't."

Given enough money, anything is possible in the nexus.

Without money, anything is still possible, it just takes longer (and some money) to get there.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

"I dunno, maybe it'll just go away itself. I could be sick or something." Kitty's been sick before. Nothing major, but still. She reached for another piece of meat before she realized that it's all gone. She lets her shirt fall back into place and brushes it off. "So, about that food."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

Away From Market Street

"I know a place called GLoG, it's run by charitable folk and has a nicely-stocked pantry. I know you might be hesitant to rely on the charity of others, but it's better than having to rely on shoplifting."

Blunt, but I think it can be reliably thought of as true. For sane people, anyway.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, I don't mind. Lead the way." Whatever gets her more food sooner. And she certainly doesn't mind taking what people are willing to freely gives. Makes her life easier.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

Away From Market Street

Copi will, in fact, lead the way to GLoG. It's just a bit to the riftline and from there a few minutes until they get to the station a short walk from GLoG, so Kitty shouldn't be too ravenous by the time they get there.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"My tongue's a little rough for that right now."

Silly Arel. Reinholdt was totally in a petting mood. But he'll shift to catboy form anyways.

"So, how are you liking life here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

<.< It's way too hard to remember what form Rein is in. =x

Arel looks at Rein for a moment before replying. "Well it hasn't been perfect, but I'm happy." At least as long as incidents like the one this morning don't happen again. She's trying to ignore that feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach.

And off they go! Better hurry or Kitty might eat the seat on the train!

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Well she's certainly gotten good at deluding herself if she thinks it won't happen again.

"That's good." Reinholdt wonders briefly if being happy down here is contrary to the punishment, but doesn't want to bring it up.

"Have you had any luck finding a job at the mall?" He knows she was planning on looking there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Very good.

"Not yet. I'm still looking, though." Mostly because her player wants it to be a job at a PC owned store. "It's kind of hard to figure out where to start sometimes. There's so many stores."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Well my suggestion would be just to go down the line picking up applications unless the place looks really bad. Then turn them all in and decide based on the calls you get back. You don't have to take the first job that says you're a fit with them." Reinholdt suggests.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"That's a good idea. I'll do that next time I go then." It's a bit daunting to think of going to all those places, but it's bound to work better than what she's been doing so far.

"It's too bad I probably won't have a uniform like at my last job, huh?" She teases.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

<<
    >>
    "Mmmm... maybe. Guess we should just look for a place with a uniform like that." Reinholdt admits, blushing a looking away a little.

"Did you ever return it to Magle... Magtok?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel giggles a little and shakes her head. "No, I never had to. I had to pick it out for myself any everything, remember? He just told me the kind of thing to get. Why do you ask?"

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Nurf... let's take this one at a time...

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Tabitha-A blood sample is taken, she is asked several questions to see if she's in shock, the vines are examined closely and, if it can be done without hurting her, removed. The lacerations are similarly studied... suffice to say that a number of modern medical things are done to get a full list of what's wrong with her.
    [Lots of Hope Hospital - Tabitha]

When the blood test comes back, she has some sort of toxin in her blood, and a physical workup will reveal that there's some type of pollen or spores in her lungs, inside her mouth, and inside her nose, likely the source of the toxin. They aren't major enough to seriously impair her breathing, but it is a bit hard for her to catch her breath.

About a half hour after being separated from Arel, she regains lucidity, despite the spores still inside her, and says, "What happened? Ow, ****." a porcelain hand goes over to the cut on her face and chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lefty's]

"Can't we use that computer of yours to look for places like that?" Cessie muses.

The conversation then continues until the food is eaten and the sorceress lifts her hand to call for the tab.
    [Lefty's]

"We hope you enjoyed your meal," says the waitress naiad, taking the bill from the back and leaving it on the table.

The moment it's paid for, something will happen to each of the women. For Sakura, this is an interesting shift. her skin takes on a red, shiny color, the color of a marachino cherry. From her hair, in place of her cherry blossoms, sprouts a great deal of fruits, at least one of every kind that had been in the fruit salad, such as apple, banana, melon, mango, pear, and a few others. Despite the extra weight, Sakura shouldn't feel like her head is any heavier than before, even if she feels the weight of the fruits when she moves her head. It's odd like that.

Cessie, on the other hand, ate a meal that consisted mostly of beef and a few various plants. Her body will sprout fur with a black and white pattern, similar to dairy cows, a pair of short horns will sprout from her heads, a second pair of breasts will grow just beneath the first, and from her tailbone, a cow's tail will sprout, hidden by the folds of her dress, most likely.

These can be resisted, of course, with a high level of either magic resistance or willpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Deep Down Coffee]

"Hmph, okay." Mimi give Sora another suspicious look. She'll trust Riss's judgement, but that doesn't mean she won't keep an eye on this guy. She kinda wishes she'd brought her spear.
    [Deep Down Coffee]

Sora nods and stands, "Well, let's go then. My place isn't far, five minute walk or so."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Oh... no reason..." Reinholdt says.

"I mean other than you look beautiful in it. But you look beautiful in anything." Reinholdt says, wrapping a muscular arm around her waist and going to give her a short kiss.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #534
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital - Tabitha

A doctor comes in shortly after she wakes up, and immediately begins to dump the news on her in what seems like almost a breach of typical bedside manner. "You were brought in, not lucid and with wounds." Said wounds are probably sealed up by now, by bandages or stitches or whatever method is necessary. "I think that there is some kind of infection in your lungs, mouth, and nasal passages, some kind of plant spores or an aggressive fungus. We're not quite sure how to deal with that yet."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Vinny's Place

Billie can see that he's not happy. "Aww, Vinny, don't be like that. I don't wanna lose my favourite squeeze."
    Vinny's Place

"I can't give ya what a god can."
    Vinny says quietly. "I'm just a bruiser." He admits to her, feeling that he's lost already.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"So what? He can't give me what you can,"
    Billie says. "What am I to him? He's got thousands of followers. What am I to you, Vinny? Don't I drive you wild whenever I see you?" She sits up crossing her arms and pouting.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Course you do, Ma'am."
    Vinny responds instantly. She was the closest thing to an actual girlfriend he's had in a long time and he didn't want to spoil it. After a bit he gives a sigh and looks up at her. "Sorry, sometimes I just find it difficult what kinda place I'm in right now." He says, meaning the Nexus, but his life as well. "Surprised me is all."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Pack it up, men. This is useless," Teq says, glancing up as if he could see the Warden. Addressing her again, he says, "So what do you care? Why is there a Warden to begin with?"

Teq's squad does as they're told. They're not exactly disappointed - that voice from above just made this place more unnerving.
    "Why does anyone care?"

A question to answer a question.

"I watch over the tombs of my kin for the appointed times. I provide direction to heroes that ensure that they will not awaken. I help as I can within the restrictions placed upon me. I..."

The voice catches slightly. And suddenly sounds far less commanding and powerful. But rather very old and very tired.

"I can't save everyone. How I wish I could..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Life's full of surprises. Just gotta roll with it." Billie says, looking down at him, still feeling petulant. She doesn't like having to chase guys. They're supposed to chase her. "Can you roll with me, Vinny?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Oh... no reason..." Reinholdt says.

"I mean other than you look beautiful in it. But you look beautiful in anything." Reinholdt says, wrapping a muscular arm around her waist and going to give her a short kiss.
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel kisses him back, and she's wearing a big smile when he moves away. "Is this a subtle request that I wear it?" She asks, raising her eyebrows.