New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

Early one morning, Nadia is already awake for one of her early morning bathroom trips. By the time Irena gets up, Nadia isn't anywhere near ready for the day. In fact, Irena will find her in their bathroom, wearing nothing save for her panties. She's looking at herself in the mirror, facing sideways with her stomach sticking out. Her expression is unreadable as she looks at the slight, but noticeable bulge in her stomach.
    [Suncrest Manor]

Eww, a baby bulge.

Irena isn't going to let her first reaction to the sight discourage her however and slowly walks up to her girlfriend and attempts to puts her arms on Nadia's hips. "Feeling alright?"

[Malechenar, Room]

Sylvia smiles at the vampire, "So we're you from Valente? You aren't from elshar are you?"

[A Location In Northside]

Ghoul won't be able to sense anything from these two except they appear to be two perfectly normal human beings. So as they cross the alleyway on their way to the restaurant the fledgling strikes, dragging the man into the alley before he can even move. The vampire will also be able to restrain him fairly easily.

The woman panics and screams but appear to have enough presence of mind to reach for something in her pockets as her partner is pulled away from her.

[Malechenar, Corridors]

The tendrils manages to catch the masked figure and he's flung backwards towards the mage with a scream. He immediately starts to struggle the shadow tendrils however, showing an impressive strength far beyond the human scope.

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]

Once the devil is gone Enu grinds his teeth together, "Why did you step in like that? That was my summoning!"

The female figure scoffs, "Quiet boy, I had to take care of that situation since you couldn't act your part. It might be your first real summoning, but that's no excuse for the amateurish performance you just gave. I had to step in to save your face. For this you are not permitted to summon anything for a while."

Enu looks like he's about to protest but get's better ideas and just nods at his teacher.

"That's a good boy, you just saved yourself from being replaced by the clone." The hooded woman replies with a grin as the rest of the cultists are busy getting the creature back into the vase.

"Now since this took much more time then expected, we need to prepare for the next summoning at once..."

Some time later Cosiellio will feel a summoner calling for his direct attention. Will he answer it or not?

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne]

One of the female human Hunters has her Second Sight on, so she notices something latched onto Billie. She peers at it suspiciously, but does nothing for now.

[Malechenar, Corridors]

The tendrils are strong, but not overly so. However, Michalson only needs a moment to touch the man and say: "For forcing a pregnancy on a follower of Dionysus, you will be destroyed." As he speaks, divine energy flows from him, trying to end the man's unlife and destroy him.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-07 at 05:14 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Some time later Cosiellio will feel a summoner calling for his direct attention. Will he answer it or not?

After a moment, with little more fanfare than appearing in a golden light, Cosiellio moves into the summoning area. He looks harried, like he's been overworked for some time now. Which he has.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia looks away from the mirror and at Irena. She puts her arms around her, but doesn't greet her with the usual smile. "Honestly? This is kind of... freaking me out. I mean, my stomach's gonna get huge, I'm already gaining weight, and I've probably went up a cup size in the last week. And I'm sick and tired of having to pee every couple hours and feeling like I need to throw up. And actually giving birth? I'm actually terrified." The lampades looks as scared as she says.

[Malechenar, Room]

Valente would smile back, but he doesn't feel like it. "I've been living here for almost a couple years now. Before that I was from this city called Gul-Thadar on another world."

[Exbourne Manor]

Maria opens her mouth to reply, and not with anything kind, but she's interrupted before she can begin.

"You speak as if you're in any position to ask anything of us." Turning toward the gate will reveal three people in light power armour. The one standing at the head is wearing the same unique power armour Durin was wearing earlier, though Billie wouldn't know that.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

That voice, he's the one who read my message. Dionysus says to Billie with a distinct snarl to his tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Aegidus Manor]

Jane nods to herself. She remained undetected for now. She lifts her autopicker to the bottom drawer. It should unlock the lock without making all the noise that manual picking comes with, while letting Jane keep alert.
    Aegidus Manor

The lockpicking goes smoothly, and the bottom drawer appears to be full of thick files on finances, but no envelopes that look like the one she has. If she moves on to the one just above it, she'll find the real will that she must replace.

At the back door, the gramophone grinds to a halt as the man inside removes the needle from the record. Jane can hear his feet hit a carpeted floor as he gets out of bed and begins pacing towards the door.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

Wildside

"In ordinary forests, the trees speak to me and even obey me if I call on them. I have never tried to command your trees, but if you wish me to help tend them, I could learn."
    Cole says.
    Wildside

"You don't need to command them for this, but I can teach you their words, and how to draw sap from the maples without harming the bark. Mostly, I need you to help hear when one is in pain, and help me fix the hurts, if you know how to heal." If not, then at least she won't have to maintain vigilance over the entire forest, even if she had to heal each one herself she could do it at her own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    There's a brief moment of hesitation, and her face practically screams 'who, me?' Tina meanders over to the centaur, admiring her beauty and examining her possessions. Wondering what would be proper, she says, "You, ah, play really well." She glances at keg. "So I guess you're one of Dio's little helpers?"
    Riverbank

"I think I'm actually one of his larger helpers, if you haven't noticed." The centaur jokes, running a hand down her side to the lush chestnut flanks of her forelegs.

"I didn't think we had any piano players among the musicians. Are you new then?" Although Fettina doesn't have a cloak, the centaur assumes that she's a member of the drunken cult as well.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-09-07 at 06:00 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne

"Oooh, let's all wave our ****s around and see whose is biggest," Billie says, with a rather lewd pelvic thrust in Durin's direction. "Or you can take one of my earrings and listen to what my God has to say to you."

Wildside

"I've never tried to heal a tree before, but I might be able to do it. I've discovered many abilities in myself since I left my former home."
    Cole says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin nods to Maria, who tries to take off an earring and hand it to Durin. With that done, Durin tries to slap Billie across the face. It's just a flick of the wrist, really, but between his strength and the power armour, it's hard enough to loosen a tooth or two.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne

Billie has an earring taken and is slapped. Which makes her cough a little as she tries to swallow the blood. Normally she'd spit it out, but not when she's around leeches. They don't deserve the snack.

Once she's finished coughing, she laughs. She thinks it's hilarious that even though the head leech is in power armour and she's tied up, he feels so threatened by her that he needs to do a dominance display.

No fear. Not even a little bit.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #519

Oh hell, a screamer. Nevertheless, Ghoul was surprised at the woman's reaction time. With the man restrained in her grip, the muse aimed a solid headbutt at the back of the man's head. At the very least it should be enough to stun him for a moment but the fledgeling would be perfectly fine if that dropped him out cold. If successful, she would momentairily let the man go before lunging at the woman with the intent on covering her mouth as well and dragging her into the alleyway as well.

If her efforts were successful there as well, she would try grabbing the man again if he was still concious and, using one hand each, try to hold them both so as to keep them still and silent. Hopefully, Samona would soon follow if everything went well as marching the pair along would likely raise more attention than necessary.

10. - Top - End - #520

Wildside

"Even if you can't, I'll have you mark the trees that need healing so I can get to them later. We'll see how you handle it when we take a walk around and I can show you some of the trees that are ailing." She isn't sure how his abilities compare to her own control over her orchards, but she is willing to learn as she teaches.

Exbourne Manor

If/when Durin holds the earring up to his ear, he'll here Dionysus' voice as clear as if they were standing next to each other, and the god does not sound pleased.

What did I ask you not to do, and why did you do it anyway? I only ask because I did not think you were illiterate on top of being an imbecile. At the very least, I would hope that one of your underlings still remembered enough of life to make out a few words written on plain parchment.

It should be noted that Billie can hear this as well through her remaining earring. Dio doesn't care enough to block her out of this conversation.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-09-07 at 07:27 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin doesn't bother to inform everybody else what Dio is saying, and just replies. "You brought this upon your followers when you set them on this city. You chose to punish an entire city for the actions of monsters within it, so you and those that follow you can suffer the consequences unless it stops."

The drowpie takes his pistol out of its holster and points it at Billie's head. "I'd like to request a meeting with you personally, right now. If you don't agree, she dies." At those words, all the Enforcers present ready their weapons.

12. - Top - End - #522

[Malechenar, Corridors]

The man doesn't have a chance to reply and the mask hides wherever he even had a chance to comprehend the words before Michalsons magic takes effect.

Now several things start to happen at once, first it appears as if Michalson have managed to push out the man's soul. It doesn't last long though as the soul seems to be ripped apart by several unknown forces, the last thing Michalson can see of it, is a mouth screaming in what must be agonizing pain.

The the body he's still holding starts to glow which may or may not be a bad thing.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Well, it's all normal right? They said it should only take four months after all and so far it looks like it's doing just that." Irena replies but doesn't let her hands wander over Nadia's body as she usually did. It seemed wrong now that she was so self conscious about it.
    "I mean, in a way it's much better since you don't need to suffer for nine full months. Now it's just half of that time." The witch argues with a comforting voice. "Besides, I still think you're sexy even all swollen up. Just more for me to grab." She teases. "Not to mentioned you will get the way you were before after the pregnancy right?"

[Malechenar, Room]

"Ah, so do you want something to eat? I was just going to grab some dinner and I figured you might want to join us." Sylvia asks. "To meet everyone else I mean."

Once the god arrives he is meet by a group of cultist in teal robes with a black tower on the back kneeling before him. "Cosiellio, the fourth tower greet you. We are sorry to disturb you in the middle of this chaos but we seek your guidance in order to stop this madness." A woman states while slowly getting on her feet.

[Northside Slums]

As Cos is summoned to the fourth tower another group of 'rioters' decides to pull their act together. Recently released from Malchenar's care their memories are all jumbled but now they have a very clear purpose in mind. To bring down the authority they need to burn the slums since by keeping all people there they kept them oppressed. The slums were a tool of the oppressors!

They aren't sure where they got all these molotow cocktails or guns but they are sure glad they have them as they start their mission.

As most of the riots are going on elsewhere the group drives down the street and starts to throw in the firebombs through the windows, causing the buildings to burst into flames in an instant. They are completely ruthless, starting fires wherever they can in the slums and shooting anyone who tries to stop them (not that they are very good at shooting).

Meanwhile at the fire apartment an earth vampire are busy covering it's tracks as it have just sabotaged all the stationary fire trucks at the northside fire department. Once the fire fighters check on them the only sign of that anyone have been there is a collapsed tunnel.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia does smile a little at Irena's comment about there being more to grab. Only a little, though. "Mostly at least. I'm not exactly sure about every little detail. I should really get into a regular workout schedule, though."

[Malechenar, Room]
    Valente looks toward the door, thinking of Astrana behind it. "I guess I could go for a bit." She did says she wanted to be alone. He'd might as well see who he's going to be working with now.

14. - Top - End - #524

[Aegidus Manor]

Jane freezes as the gramophone stops. She makes an effort to quietly close the drawer while making it look like nothing was taken, and retreat to a wall while reaching for a rag.

15. - Top - End - #525

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Eastside - Day 8

((Was going to save this for when I had more to respond to, but I'll do it now to get it out of the way.))

Brody leads the way as always, with a powerful stride that slowly gains momentum until he's almost running with the entire group fanning out behind him. He has no clear aim, but his eyes dart from building to building looking for a good target. He passes over jewellery stores and other ritzy, well guarded places. If they can get food and other important things directly, there's little need to steal valuables and pay for it that way.

As the horde of people come abreast of a bulk liquidator, another far smaller group rushes out of an alley and crashes into the side of Brody's bashers, knocking a few of them to the ground and setting on them with sticks. The small gang is vicious and emboldened by their success, apparently used to rushing individuals like this, but cocky about their chances for some reason.

There's a massive roar that sends several bricks tumbling down from nearby buildings as an ogre steps out of the alley behind the rest of her crew. That would probably be why they're so bold.
    Almost immediately Francium is at the fore, laying into the bandits with his crude bludgeon. Skulls, knees, throats, he lashes out furiously but not without some finesse, aiming for those parts that will bring a foe to the ground, and all the while laughing with the savage glee of mindless violence even as he no doubt receives his fair share of injury in the process.

The trick to fighting mercilessly is never to think of your opponents as human. Not to a moment imagine that the thing you lash out against has feelings or a life of it's own and instead reduce them to a mere object; A challenge to be overcome.

And when the ogre steps forth from the alleyway and roars it's mighty roar, Francium hears not the sound of impending peril, but of the best damn challenge he's seen yet. At once his goal shifts, not trying to take out as many enemies as possible, but to shove his way through them towards the ogre.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

The Hunters remain silent, letting Durin do the talking. If Dio thinks only vampires are waiting for him, so much the better. Of course, more Hunters are arriving as they speak. If Dio remains uncooperative, he'll be rewarded with a hail of gunfire, or so is the Hunters' plan.

[Malechenar, Corridors]

Michalson drops the body and retreats, hiding in another alcove like he did before. If it's going to explode or something, it's good for him so long as he doesn't get caught in the blast. Maybe it'll look like an accident.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Billie finds herself staring down the barrel of a gun and starts to question whether she'll get out of this alive. Hey Dio? If I don't make it, will you tell my son Gus that I love him? And... and Jakey too? Tell him I love him too, and that I'm sorry I got his mom into this. Despite her inner fear, outwardly she looks just as defiant and fearless.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #528

[Suncrest Manor]

"Pffh, you don't need to work out, now there's just more of you to love. It was your boobs that first caught my attention remember? Now they're just growing with our love." Irena teases as she gives Nadia's mammalia a very gentle squeeze while looking rather amused as she gives the lampades neck a quick kiss. "But more seriously though, you can always join me at the martial arts club. Then you get training and you'd be more capable of defending yourself."

By this time the woman have managed to get whatever she getting out of her pocked, but doesn't not quite manage to raise it before Ghoul is upon her. The man collapsing against the wall while trying to make the world stop spinning.

The woman attempts to weakly cover herself with her other arm but Ghoul is far stronger then her and she can be pulled into the alley along with the man, causing her to drop the little object she was holding in the process.

As it falls to the ground however a strong light of the spectrum red suddenly flashes the area as a powerful red beam of light escapes from it and shoots to the skies. Otherwise the light have no effects however beyond being very noticeable.

For now, both the man and the woman can be partly godmodable as they really aren't in any condition to resist the two vampires.

[Malechenar, Corridors]

The body does in fact not explode, instead it's eyes starts to glow as it's now lifeless limbs suddenly moves, very much like a marionette dolls. Being lift up in the air by invisible threads it looks like the body is about to take a life of it's own once again. Michalson will be able to tell it's not undead this time however, instead it's like a remote controlled golem.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Wildside

"Even if you can't, I'll have you mark the trees that need healing so I can get to them later. We'll see how you handle it when we take a walk around and I can show you some of the trees that are ailing." She isn't sure how his abilities compare to her own control over her orchards, but she is willing to learn as she teaches.
    "How shall I mark them? A sign painted on with mud?" Cole asks. "I can begin learning anytime you wish, though you may be busy with the honey now."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia laughs a little at that and gives Irena a little returning squeeze. "That sounds like a great idea. I'll have to wait till after this is all over with, though." Maybe there's something else to do when she's so huge... "Maybe we can go swimming some too?"

"Time to move." Samona says from her place deeper in the alley. She tries to pick up the man. "If I had to guess, I'd say that was some kind of distress beacon. We don't want to be here wen help arrives."

21. - Top - End - #531

Exbourne

If Fade's shadow is getting in a shadow between Billie and her clothes, then it can ride along. It can't actually get inside Billie's body. It's up to Morty and Ghar whether they can notice it.

Meanwhile, Billie just smirks at Maria, "As far as Dionysus is concerned, the drow leech is the one in charge, so you should get him here."
    Exbourne

You misunderstand. Fade's shadow doesn’t go into the body he goes into the shadow. Shadows are like places for him, but don't worry he can't do anything expect watching and listening. The second sight might reveal that her shadow is enchanted, but unless she looks closer there isn't anything.

Black Alley ((The L was on purpose))

How unexpected. Fade focused on the magical ways that he forgot the physical. Still it is no problem for him. Fade and the clone will walk away making a wide bow around the musician and seek for another alley.

This time Fade casts a silence spell on the clone. ((Like The dnd one if you know it)) that way he won't make any noise and he doesn't need to grab after the mouth. Sadly this also disables Fade's options to control the clone. So he needs to be out of his hiding place for a moment.

So they will wait again both standing in the shadow hiding. As another musician pass by Fade gives his clone the sign and heads deeper into the shadows. The clone will again try to grab the musician dragging it into the alley.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #532

Spoiler
    Show
    Wildside

"How shall I mark them? A sign painted on with mud?" Cole asks. "I can begin learning anytime you wish, though you may be busy with the honey now."

Wildside

"Mud will do nicely. The honey will have to wait until I have enough to mix a proper keg. One half-full jug won't be enough, as I've used the rest in the batch that's currently fermenting. Let's take a walk, and we'll see if you can learn the language of these trees." Lenai stands up from her rocky perch, and turns east towards the sun. Mori may be disappointed that the hand has stopped scritching between her ears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Black Alley ((The L was on purpose))

How unexpected. Fade focused on the magical ways that he forgot the physical. Still it is no problem for him. Fade and the clone will walk away making a wide bow around the musician and seek for another alley.

This time Fade casts a silence spell on the clone. ((Like The dnd one if you know it)) that way he won't make any noise and he doesn't need to grab after the mouth. Sadly this also disables Fade's options to control the clone. So he needs to be out of his hiding place for a moment.

So they will wait again both standing in the shadow hiding. As another musician pass by Fade gives his clone the sign and heads deeper into the shadows. The clone will again try to grab the musician dragging it into the alley.

Black Alley

The next robed person to walk by is what appears to be a little boy, far too young to be a proper drunken reveler. It's more likely that they're the son of one of Dio's actual cultists, just wandering around looking for their parents.

At least that's what it seems like. From the clicking of hooves on the flagstones (which Fade can probably hear, but the clone can't within the silence spell) it's obvious that this is another satyr underneath the cloak.

It doesn't walk through the alley either, instead stopping at the mouth purposefully, holding a small mason jar with a tooth suspended in some kind of thick, viscous gel in the center. The tooth takes up almost the entire inside of the jar, and the child satyr takes a deep breath and chucks the jar at the ground before running off as fast as he can. The clone can attempt to catch him, but it may soon have other matters to deal with.

As soon as air touches the tooth, flesh starts to grow around it, starting with the gum and tongue and continuing on to form a lizardlike skull that is quickly covered by thick scales and sinuous muscle. Even without lungs, the massive Hydra's head roars, cracking windows and rattling doors as the rest of the neck begins to construct itself, the growth picking up speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exbourne Manor

Billie finds herself staring down the barrel of a gun and starts to question whether she'll get out of this alive. Hey Dio? If I don't make it, will you tell my son Gus that I love him? And... and Jakey too? Tell him I love him too, and that I'm sorry I got his mom into this. Despite her inner fear, outwardly she looks just as defiant and fearless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

The Hunters remain silent, letting Durin do the talking. If Dio thinks only vampires are waiting for him, so much the better. Of course, more Hunters are arriving as they speak. If Dio remains uncooperative, he'll be rewarded with a hail of gunfire, or so is the Hunters' plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Exbourne

You misunderstand. Fade's shadow doesn’t go into the body he goes into the shadow. Shadows are like places for him, but don't worry he can't do anything expect watching and listening. The second sight might reveal that her shadow is enchanted, but unless she looks closer there isn't anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

Durin doesn't bother to inform everybody else what Dio is saying, and just replies. "You brought this upon your followers when you set them on this city. You chose to punish an entire city for the actions of monsters within it, so you and those that follow you can suffer the consequences unless it stops."

The drowpire takes his pistol out of its holster and points it at Billie's head. "I'd like to request a meeting with you personally, right now. If you don't agree, she dies." At those words, all the Enforcers present ready their weapons.

Exbourne Manor

The next time the earrings speak, it's audible to all those present, and the voice holds a forced calm that is three hairs from cracking, "You know what? You'll have your meeting. I'm on my way as we speak. But just so that you don't think I'm a god who breaks his promises." The hydra's roar reaches Exbourne Manor, cutting off what Dio was about to say.

"That was for striking an unarmed woman when you knew the consequences. And this-"

"A BOO-FREAKING-YEAH!!!!!!!" In the skies, the clouds part as a horrible, terrible, skin-crawling cry split the heavens. Of course, this is less impressive due to the artificial darkness that prevents everyone in Westside from seeing this event, but the results will become apparent in just a moment. From the rift in the sky a single form drops, going far faster than terminal velocity and reaching the ground in a matter of seconds with a heavy, but not earthshaking *whud*.

It's Zeus, and he's naked. Carrying only a leather-covered shield that oozes an aura of "do not go near this freaking thing whatever you do, don't even look at it, run away!" and a single, crackling bolt of lightning dangling from his fingertips, the King of Gods (TM) has finally arrived late to the party and hammered out of his mind.

Which might have something to do with the claw end of a hammer sticking out of the back of his head, actually.

"-is for threatening her life. Have fun with my associate until I get there." Dio's voice stops sounding out from the earring Durin holds, but Billie gets one last message, I will if it comes to that, but don't think you're off the hook yet. You only just became my follower, and I want to get the most I can out of you."

"Woah dudelingers, I may not understand my man Dio's 'cherish your followers' thing, but you want to be moving those weapons away from the babe ASAP. That is not cool." Zeus says admonishingly in his best (terrible) paternal tone as he sways from side to side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Almost immediately Francium is at the fore, laying into the bandits with his crude bludgeon. Skulls, knees, throats, he lashes out furiously but not without some finesse, aiming for those parts that will bring a foe to the ground, and all the while laughing with the savage glee of mindless violence even as he no doubt receives his fair share of injury in the process.

The trick to fighting mercilessly is never to think of your opponents as human. Not to a moment imagine that the thing you lash out against has feelings or a life of it's own and instead reduce them to a mere object; A challenge to be overcome.

And when the ogre steps forth from the alleyway and roars it's mighty roar, Francium hears not the sound of impending peril, but of the best damn challenge he's seen yet. At once his goal shifts, not trying to take out as many enemies as possible, but to shove his way through them towards the ogre.

Eastside

The thugs fall like wheat before Francium, although there are too many for him to take on alone in the brief few moments that the rest of Brody's group are surprised. After that, there's a swift turnaround in the flow of combat as the bashers quickly surround and divide the remaining human members of the gang, outnumbering them two to one even with the casualties caused by the sneak attack. Even so, the massive ogre woman is felling a basher (and sometimes one of her own) with every sweeping blow she makes, flinging people left and right indiscriminately.

When Francium comes up level with her, the first thing she does is try to send a fist crashing down on his head without really looking at him. She doesn't pay him any more attention than any other person she's squashed so far.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Aegidus Manor]

Jane freezes as the gramophone stops. She makes an effort to quietly close the drawer while making it look like nothing was taken, and retreat to a wall while reaching for a rag.

Aegidus Manor

From the back room, apparently a small ensuite that he uses to remain close to his mistress when she needs his assistance, Balthazar steps out in a set of striped pyjamas and fuzzy slippers, complete with a floppy hat and candle. He's off to ensure that the staff are all asleep so that they will be well rested for their morning duties, his last job each night before he retires himself.

He's also the third target on Jane's list, based on what she can see of him. There was an attached picture in the list of targets.

He continues on to the drawing room door, not yet noticing if it is ajar because of his tired eyes (assuming Jane left it open after coming in.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Northside Slums]

As Cos is summoned to the fourth tower another group of 'rioters' decides to pull their act together. Recently released from Malchenar's care their memories are all jumbled but now they have a very clear purpose in mind. To bring down the authority they need to burn the slums since by keeping all people there they kept them oppressed. The slums were a tool of the oppressors!

They aren't sure where they got all these molotow cocktails or guns but they are sure glad they have them as they start their mission.

As most of the riots are going on elsewhere the group drives down the street and starts to throw in the firebombs through the windows, causing the buildings to burst into flames in an instant. They are completely ruthless, starting fires wherever they can in the slums and shooting anyone who tries to stop them (not that they are very good at shooting).

Meanwhile at the fire apartment an earth vampire are busy covering it's tracks as it have just sabotaged all the stationary fire trucks at the northside fire department. Once the fire fighters check on them the only sign of that anyone have been there is a collapsed tunnel.

Northside Slums

The fire department, once they get the call and discover their trucks have been sabotaged, pile into their personal cars with their gear and hoses, as much equipment as they can safely fit into each vehicle. It's not ideal, but it's what they can do. One of the skeleton crew stays behind to man the radio and give directions, calling in all active trucks to the fire that's currently spreading in the slums. On top of the two that were destroyed in the hall, another four have been out dealing with minor fires and other emergencies where needed, and it's these four that rush from their jobs when they can to tend the building inferno, but they'll be delayed by finishing up their previous work.

Those tossing molotovs may find themselves suddenly ill as Dionysus' influence attempts to expel itself from their bodies the same way Fade's followers were effected.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

Curiously, when the rioting came close to threatening the EI branch in Westside, the mobs suddenly dispersed, and as others have come close to the corporate building, their groups have done the same.

Those aware of the EI's head's nature as a psychic will be able to put a reason to that fairly easily. The representatives at the Westside branch likely called him in to protect the company's holdings, and he is doing quite well at it.

Evolution Security, curiously, is not patrolling the area, the local employees likely affected by the water as well. They are likely absent or forbidden from doing their jobs currently, as being particularly unrestrained and twitchy is never a good thing for an armed individual.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #534

Eastside

Maybe she'll start paying attention when her fist meets nothing but air, Francium easily ducking aside from the offhand punch even in his drunken state. If not then, then perhaps when he goes to drive the sharpened end of his club into her knee.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin looks at Zeus for the briefest of moments before taking his gun away from Billie's head. But only so he can point it at the god and squeeze off a shot, sending a bolt of super heated energy at Zeus.

The rest of the Enforcers open fire with similar, but more powerful rifles. Durin grabs Billie and tries to shove her into Maria's arms. "Keep an eye on her and get someone looking into that roar." He unsheathes a sword of EI make and thumbs the button to get it heated while at the same time turning to fire on Zeus again.

Maria, meanwhile, will keep a hold on Billie with one hand and activate her communicator with the other.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

Northside- Temple of Dalachrech

Those that are aware of magical energies will notice some coalescing around the Temple, even more than the existing wards and defences. They'd seen the smoke from fires further North, and a large wasp sent to check on the fire station discovered the sabotage, so the clerics were taking action.

Dusting off a large, stone altar in a hidden chamber beneath the main altar room, they led one of the catgirl slaves towards it and gently chained her down before starting the magical ritual they had chosen. The aim of the ritual is to bring about a storm to help combat the fires, make everything wet and prevent their spread, whilst also ensuring that the fire hydrants are nicely stocked. At the end of the ritual, the High Priest mutters a quick 'sorry' before injecting a potent scorpion venom into her arm, the ritual diverting her life-force to help power the storm and ensure it lasts.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Johann is the first Hunter to join the vampires. He raises a powerful sniper rifle and fires at Zeus' head with great speed and accuracy. The other Hunters join their leader and uleash a hail of gunfire in the god's direction from a variety of firearms - pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles, even two assault rifles.

Magic attacks are also unleashed. One Hunter throws a knife which blazes with red light as it flies through the air and one blows a cloud of smoke that, if it touches Zeus, will attempt to greatly weaken him.

[Malechenar Corridors]

Michalson stays in the shadows, hoping the body golem won't notice him.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-08 at 03:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538

Northside Slums

As the crazed hooligans start to fell feel ill the parasites inside their brains just urges them forward, closing off whatever receptors that causes the feeling and makes them continue in their task. The parasites will basically drive them to death before they let them stop in their mission, just as the shadow vampires intended.

So they will continue to start fires, attempting to spread them all over the slums before attempting to drive off. Depending on how much of the slums that burn down during all this, the gargoyles will finally come to help the fire fighters. They will be taking water from the river in buckets provided to them by Malechnar and water bomb the fires, attempting to put them out once the fires start to spread to other parts of the city.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Your wish is my command." Irena replies before she once again kisses the lampade's neck. "As always." She remarks with a grin before suddenly letting go of Nadia and kneeling down on the floor before her; she then takes up a little box from one of her pockets and opens it up, revealing two rings.

"I might not know a lot about a marriage, but I do know there is not a single person other I want more then you Nadia. So if marriages proves just how much I love you, then I want to do it. I want to share the reminder of my life with you Nadia since there is no one else that have made me so happy." She says before offering the little box to the lampade. "Nadia Rizzo, will you marry me?" Irena asks with a brilliant smile on her face.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-08 at 03:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne

As soon as Billie is transferred to Maria, while Maria is still grabbing hold, Billie takes advantage of the momentum of the shove to add a bit of momentum of her own to try and head butt Maria in the face while also trying to bodily knock her to the ground.

Wildside

Cole gets to his feet and walks alongside Lenai, putting a hand on Mori's back as she returns to her boy for more attention.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Chase

Once under the water, Thenadier should be able to see the satyr speeding away on the back of what appears to be a porpoise, hands holding tight to its dorsal fin. As soon as the inspector touches the water though, vines begin creeping up from the riverbed, trying to snag his limbs and hold him back from his target.
    Thenadier growls. Wonderful, he was getting away. He's not nearly as fast as he needs to be, and so decides not to follow, but lets a small mechanical device looses, what seems to be a small cockroach, which will swim through the water very quickly after the cultists, and hopefully latch onto the back of his boot. Thenadier will then try to jump out of the water.