Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,491 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Spoiler: Voice in Nigel and Tethrik's heads
    Show
    "HA! Go ahead and hurt yourselves fools. Your shadows won't quit until you do. No matter what, when you are fighting yourself, YOU ALWAYS LOSE!"

Nigel will see that his shadow is hurt by his actions, but is only as crippled as he is. The shadow attempts to block his path to Armonia by throwing another punch at Nigel.

Tethrik will notice his shadow react to all the punches he threw against himself, but remains standing as tall as Tethrik. The shadow seems to silently laugh. Holding up two of its arms, the shadow flexes its fingers in an obvious taunt to Tethrik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do have one thing." Renault says, "It isn't finished, and I've been working on it for a long time, but you may find it interesting." He reaches into his bag and pulls out a wooden box. He unclasps the lid turns it so Gudrun can see. Inside is a golden necklace, made of many rows of fine chain. Each row has golden baubles hanging from it. Many are simply gold coins, but others are animal shapes, wrought in fine detail, cows, horses, chickens, pigs. There's also sheafs of wheat and corn, bolts of cloth, trees and fruits, building materials, even tiny pots and pans. Some of the chains at the bottom were only partially full.

"It's a dower necklace, given to a bride on her wedding day. It's a gift that proves her husband can provide for her, an insurance in case he should die. Each piece represents a good or service for which it can be exchanged. Apart from the coins, each charm has to be marked by a government official, to ensure it's value." He rolls over one of the cows, showing a stamp on the back side, with a number. "That's the price of a good cow."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Tethrik grabs his shadow by the arms and tries to throw it away from the fight. "Nigel! Switch targets!"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Barbarian in the Playground

The blow lands solidly across Nigel's face and he rolls with it, falling to the floor.

Please do not eviscerate me! Nigel yells, exceedingly worried. He could just about manage fighting another balding, sore man - a 10 foot tall demon with 2 knife arms on top of his regular arms might be a bit much for him. He nevertheless backs up from his shadow towards Tethrik.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Night falls over the battered tavern, and with it comes a storm the likes of which hasn't been felt in these parts for quite some time. Lightning flashes overhead, streaking across the black, storm-wrought sky above, illuminating the torch-lit innards of the rustic and dilapidated structure, the accompanying roaring of thunder joined by the cacophonous groan of creaking boards to form a ghastly choir. The blistering wind just outside the tavern blows sheets of biting rain down upon the muddy ground, its howl like the lamentations of some unfortunate, long-forgotten widower, echoing through the claustrophobic, labyrinthine system of grimy, repetitive brick walls atop ancient cobblestone streets just outside. Barely visible through darkened stormcloud, the bright and foreboding full moon shines far above, shrouded by layers of thick fog and dark clouds. The moonlight is reflected in the numerous puddles lining the cobblestone streets, the light from the moon blending in eerily with the light being given off by the dimly lit lanterns hanging off of poles set upon street-corners, or mounted on businesses to light up the gloomy way.

A particularly loud blast of thunder signals the arrival of a woman clad in weathered gray garb, shutting the door behind her quickly in an effort to get out of the cold rain. The mysterious woman frowns as she glances over the occupants of the tavern, a hardened expression upon her tired face. She stands fairly tall, her angular form delicate and lithe, her body language elegant and smooth despite the hints of exhaustion evident here and there. The awfully pale, yet relatively youthful looking woman stares deeply into the eyes of the barkeep with her own, a grim look bare upon her uniquely attractive, porcelain-shaded face. Hers is an unusual sort of beauty; slender, gaunt, yet not entirely without curves, her limbs lithe, her fingers spidery in appearance. Her unhealthily pale skin is perfect and unblemished, however, her prying, bird-like eyes appear sunken in upon closer inspection, a trait kept well-hidden by layers of dark, glittering eyeshadow. In addition to her sunken, penetrating eyes of unnerving shades, the woman's curling, pure black lips seem permanently set to frown in an imposing sort of fashion. Her full lips remain an attractive feature, despite the cold frown upon her face, for the deep shade of alluring black lipstick stands out quite vibrantly against the stark white color of her smooth, cold flesh.

While the woman's thin, angled form and alluring, raven-haired beauty could theoretically both entice and attract, the woman appears utterly and entirely ignorant of her natural beauty. She carries with her an air of dour seriousness and an aura of natural control as she orders a drink.

--

She breathes in deeply, taking time to enjoy what she's ordered before posting a large tattered notice upon the wall nearby.

"Adventurers Needed!"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-07-26 at 02:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a howl of wind and the door blows open, beckoning in another person. This was Novus, the legionare, looking quite miserable under his helmet and armor, having been through that storm. He was lucky, really, to have gotten off the boat when he did, and now, in what he was told was the most popular watering hole in town, he was looking for a job.

He sees the notice and walks up to it, reading the details.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

7. - Top - End - #1477

[Tattered Notice]

The notice has drawn even more attention immediately it seems. A dark, hulking shape rises from the corner of the tavern, dragging itself into the light. A woman that might have once been an ogre looms over the mysterious lady. Her skin is a dull, decrepit grey, and chunks of flesh are missing all over her body. Her back is riddled with various weapons, makeshift and otherwise, and her modesty (such that it is) is protected only by some makeshift clothes fashioned out of what look like they might once have been curtains.

I am this. She says in a surprisingly clear voice, motioning towards the notice. She doesn't seem to care about Novus at all. What is the task, what is the payment.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Fortunately, the weathered piece of parchment set upon the wall remains legible, though only just. Long sections of the strip have been torn and tattered, while ink here and there has been smeared due to heavy rainfall, leaving certain sections somewhat difficult to decipher.

The advertisement reads as follows:

--

Spoiler: Parchment:
    Show

The figure at the bar glances up towards the hulking figure, curling her nose slightly at the appearance of the half-rotten ogre. Once the hulking figure finishes speaking, the one-eyed woman stares directly into her eyes, her expression unreadable. After several seconds, a frown develops upon her attractive, angled face and the woman begins to remove one of her thick brown gloves, tossing a few coins on the counter.

Another drink arrives soon after.

"We're to sail off into th' storm south o' seaside, where the 'cane what rage."

"Gold aplenty, a percentage."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-07-26 at 03:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tattered Notice]

"Great furies!" Novus exclaims upon seeing the undead ogress. "You're... oh my... Crows...okay. Um. Hello."

He then removes his helmet, revealing short cropped blonde hair and icy blue eyes on a boyish face. Novus turns to the one eyed woman. "I don't know much about sailing, but I'm good in a fight, and I've got strong furycrafting and, honestly, I could use the gold." The ship ride into town had nearly wiped him out.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #1480

The ogre glances at Novus dismissively. She's had that reaction before.

Gold will do. Water does not scare me. If we wreck, I walk back. She calmly explains to the woman. I am Anastasia. When do we depart? Her voice maintains a consistent deadpan throughout her little speech. The drink sits on the table, ignored.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman chuckles darkly to herself for several seconds, coughing as she does so. After scratching her side, the one-eyed figure hocks a wad of bloody phlegm and sour spit through the air towards a greasy looking spittoon near her, engraved with curious anchor symbols. Seemingly short of breath, the figure reaches into her grimy brown coat before retrieving a wretched handkerchief, breathing in a curious white powder stored in the tattered cloth's many fouled folds. When she's done, she reaches for a bottle at her side, taking a deep swig.

Slowly, she wipes her mouth. After a few uncomfortable moments, she finally responds, yellow teeth glimmering in the light.

"That's th' spirit. Early i' the morn', if we can."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-07-26 at 01:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "I do have one thing." Renault says, "It isn't finished, and I've been working on it for a long time, but you may find it interesting." He reaches into his bag and pulls out a wooden box. He unclasps the lid turns it so Gudrun can see. Inside is a golden necklace, made of many rows of fine chain. Each row has golden baubles hanging from it. Many are simply gold coins, but others are animal shapes, wrought in fine detail, cows, horses, chickens, pigs. There's also sheafs of wheat and corn, bolts of cloth, trees and fruits, building materials, even tiny pots and pans. Some of the chains at the bottom were only partially full.

"It's a dower necklace, given to a bride on her wedding day. It's a gift that proves her husband can provide for her, an insurance in case he should die. Each piece represents a good or service for which it can be exchanged. Apart from the coins, each charm has to be marked by a government official, to ensure it's value." He rolls over one of the cows, showing a stamp on the back side, with a number. "That's the price of a good cow."
    Gudrun takes a look. She takes a looong look. A really loooooong look as she leans forwards in her chair slightly, her eyes lighting up-

She blinks, hurriedly looking away as a touch more blue comes to her cheeks in embarrassment. "It's incredible. You must have a put an awful lot of work into it. A-and all so finely crafted too, and made out of such shiny-" She coughs and takes a sip of tea. "I think it does an excellent job of demonstrating your skill as a jeweller. Whomever it is for will surely be pleased, and I imagine must have a very special day ahead of them."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "There is allways work to do, but I was just making sure you are fine." c4 says. "That's what friends are for after all? "
    "Yeah, man, I appreciate it," says Adir, smiling. "You were saying you've been busy. But I don't know if you've ever told me with what. Is the fireworks business really so hectic as all that?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault smiles. "I hope so. One day, anyway. If her father ever agrees to me courting her." His smile disappears at the thought and he takes a sip of tea to hide his displeasure.

Novus looks out the window at the storm. "Where do you want us to meet? What ship will sail in this weather?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #1485

Anastasia takes up a chair and listens as Novus asks the questions. If he's happy to do the talking she's happy to sit there and look at the pair. Like a shark.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman glances towards Novus, taking the unwanted tankard of mead she'd ordered for the ogre and swiftly downing it, the strong alcohol seeming to somewhat lighten her spirits, though the woman's expression remains quite dour. As she finishes her drink, she notices the legionnaire staring out at the storm-wrought horizon. She frowns, a knowing expression upon her weathered face as she stares down into the tankard, sighing deeply.

Finally, she responds, still troublingly brief, her answer vague.

"None, not a damned one."

"The vessel I've bought, 'twill get us close enough, gods be good-hearted. Magic'll take care o' th' rest."

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Yeah, man, I appreciate it," says Adir, smiling. "You were saying you've been busy. But I don't know if you've ever told me with what. Is the fireworks business really so hectic as all that?"
    "Having your own compani is really time consuming." C4 replies. "And on top of that I have to manage my own life, get to the store, play the rent, conquer the world, making the laundry and so on. Not really something to meet people."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

"Magic?" Novus echoes. "What do you mean, magic?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #1489

The boy is new here. If his terror dooms him I will take his cut. Anastasia tells the woman. I am pretty sure she hasn't remembered either of their names and that is very rude.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-07-27 at 09:07 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

The one-eyed woman nods before reaching for a small pouch at her belt, retrieving a glittering sapphire. Cautiously, she sets it down upon the table, gazing into its depths as each facet shines and glimmers in the candlelight, reflecting her dour expression.

"Old magic. The gem afore ye, a curse was laid upon it long ago."

"It'll take us 'neath the waves, safely."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-07-27 at 11:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1491

Show