New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony III: The Great & Powerful Thread

Just going back through the past few weeks of Penny Arcade strips, and to my surprise, on the edge of a panel was a My Little Pony (not one I could recognize). Apparently, at PAX East, they were doing a panel to Create-A-Strip and a brony was in attendance, suggesting that they include one somewhere into the strip. And it was so. Just an example of the influence and reach of the brony herd.

Here it is, in case you're wondering:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair warning, it's got blood and gore, with only a small, unmentioned pony. Nothing really worse than what Belkar does, but still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair warning: I edit my posts fairly continuously, sometimes adding substantial amounts in the period immediately after I post originally. I blame grad school instilling a constant need to revise.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Banned

it may have been intentionally created to keep ponies away.
    this is what I thought, But now I have a totally unsubstantiated pet theory.

I think The elements of harmony may have instigated the natural cycles. Nature absorbed the ambient energy and 'harmonized' the natural order. It's entirely possible that without direct divine influence even the sun and moon cycles will regulate themselves. Maybe Luna had to be in the everfree forest, otherwise it would still have a day cycle, thus ruining perfect, unending night.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, Pony History got to me. Let's have an attempt at constructing a unified timeline.

Also, we should probably get that thread up.

3500 Before Celestia - 410 AD

Spoiler
    Show
    Overthinking It: My Little Pony

3500 Before Celestia: The wheel is first used in Mesoponymia, Babylcorn along with the first fashion show.
    3114: Work begins on Stonehens under the oversight of Queen Elizabeak the First, ruler of the then-unbowed Chicken Empire of Henland.
    2575: Work begins on the Great Ponymid of Giza, the Derpy Sphinx

The Great Pyramid:
    Spoiler
    Show

1650: The Minotaur civilization destroyed by the Mice-naean armies.
    1200: The invasion of the Sea Ponies destroys the Mice-naean civilization, Greece enters a dark age.
    1185: Trojan War. The "Trojan Pony" was used by Ponnyseus to breach the Trojian defenses.
    1130: Iron first used for weapons and horseshoes
    1000: Chinese invent the first fireworks.
    776: First Best Young Flyer Competition held in Cloudsdale. It would be held every 4 years thereafter.
    775: Lycoltgus the Pegasus gives laws to the Spartans which included the banning of silver and gold, redistribution of all land, creation of a senate, eating at public mess (so no dainty desire for expensive food would develop), and forbidding all useless occupations. Unicorns leave en masse for Athens in protest.
    753: According to legend, Rome is founded by Romulus. Twelve pegasai circled overhead during the founding ceremonies and legend had it that the city would survive for 12 centuries.
    725: Sparta conquers Messenia and forms Earth Pony slavery. Having Earth Ponies to do all the tedious work of farming allows the Spartans to spend all their time in flight training.
    621: Draco the Purple Firedrake publishes his harsh laws for Athens. Many crimes are punishable by death (hence the term 'Draconian').

Draco 1 of Athens:
    Spoiler
    Show

559: Cyrus Sparkle the Great becomes king and will lead Persia to form a great empire that will stretch from Egypt to India.
    532: Pythaghorse starts her magic school in Colton Greece. She founds a sisterhood which sees the world through magic and friendship.
    505: Cleisthenes starts what will become democracy in Athens
    480: Spartan Queen Leonidas, 300 Spartans, and their allies make a sacrificial last stand at Thermoponee against Xerxes and the Persians. King Xerxes demands the surrender of the Greeks horseshoes, to which Queen Leonidas replies, "Molon Labe", or "Come and take them."
    433: The Ponythenon in Athens is completed after 40 years of work. This stunning piece of architecture was the crowning achievement of Ponycles.
    399: The Great and Powerful Horsecrates is put on trial. She is arrogant and antagonistic during the proceedings. Had she been more gracious she might have escaped the hemlock having to throw a smokebomb on the ground and flee dramatically. The vote was 281 to 220.

Horsecrates' Escape:
    Spoiler
    Show

333: Alexcanter the Great defeats Persia under Darius at battle of Issus. Alexcanter was the fourth in a line of great unicorns and scholars: Horsecrates, Pinkie Pieto, Saddlestotle. Darius escapes and gathers his forces for the next battle.

Alexcanter the Great:
    Spoiler
    Show

332: Alexcanter the Great conquers Egypt. The Greeks bring fashion into Egypt for the first time.
    323: Alexcanter dies near Babylcorn and is reported to have left her kingdom, "to the cutest". Four of her generals carve up the empire and usher in the Hellenistic period.
    280: Colossus of Rhodes completed

Spoiler
    Show

264: First Pony War between Roman Ponies and Carthagian Elephants (called "Pony" from "Ponyician"). Hamilcar Barca commands the army and never loses a major battle. Hamilcar feels betrayed when the politicians of Carthage surrender. He feels they can still win the war. Hamilcar makes his daughter Honeyball swear an oath to hate Rome.
    218: Second Pony War - Honeyball crosses the Alps to attack Rome. (Honeyball is praised by Manechiavelli for being brutal in visible examples, thereby gaining order in her army, so the amount of true cruelty to her soldiers was less than if she had been softer). Honeyball is wildly successful militarily, but cannot pry the Italian cities away from Rome.
    202: Honeyball defeated at the battle of Zacurama by Scipony Africanus.
    87: Gaius Marius and Sulla fight over Rome. Sulla makes herself dictator and resigns in 80 BC.

The Roman Dictator:
    Spoiler
    Show

73: Spartahorse, a former Roman soldier and gladiator fights against Rome.
    52: Battle of Alesia - Verse-sing-storix, leader of the Earth Ponies, retreats to a natural fortress at Alesia. Julius Coursier orders her ponies to build fortifications all around the fortress so Verse-sing-storix is trapped inside. Reinforcements for the Earth Ponies start to arrive, and Coursier orders her ponies to build fortifications on the other side. The Romans are now trapped inside a "donut" with Earth Ponies on the inside and outside. Coursier narrowly wins the battle through a personal charge with her Earth Pony friends.

The Battle of Alesia:
    Spoiler
    Show

49: Julius Coursier named Emperor

The Emperor
    Spoiler
    Show

Note: Rainbow Dash makes a great evil dictator.

44: Julius Coursier assassinated.
    27: Coursier Augustus made Roman Emperor.
    5BC: Celestia Born
    1AD: Luna Born
    15: The two sisters realize their potential as Goddesses of the Sun and Moon. Their power increases rapidly and they take responsibility for ensuring weather stability all across Equestria.
    30: Luna becomes jealous of Celestia and becomes Nightmare Moon; the first Moon War begins. For the first few decades of the War, it was mostly confined to the two sisters fighting directly. Eventually the two began to realise they were both immortal and began escalating their conflict in the mortal realm.
    70: Nightmare Moon creates the Everfree Forest to defend her castle from Celestia.
    120: Roman Emperor Hadrian begins the impressive 73 mile long defensive wall in the north of Henland to keep out the Chicks and other warring tribes.
    250: Beginning of the Classic period for the Maya.

The Mayan Sorcerers:
    Spoiler
    Show

313: The Edict of Milan legitimacises Celestia's worship in Rome.
    361: Emperor Julian, "The Aponystate," tries to return the Empire back to the Pagan religions. Celestia defeats him with an overwhelming display of magic.
    410: Rome sacked by Nightmare Moon's EmoGoths.

The Sack of Rome
    Spoiler
    Show

411: Celestia, realizing just how far her sister has gone, discovers the Elements of Harmony and uses them to defeat Nightmare Moon. Celestia ascends to Canterlot where she spends most of her time managing the Sun and Moon. With the destruction of Rome and Celestia's departure, Equestria enters a dark age.

Additions and fixes please!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-23 at 07:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

You win at life?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You win at life?
    If that's at me, thanks! Edit'd in more pictures to better illustrate our glorious history.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

It was at you, O Great and Powerful Thanqol.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Do you mean this?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...80760711941144

Or is there another page I should Like?
    This one actually... it's an event afterall.

Pony history timeline is awwwwwwesome!!~!

yes....
    Spoiler
    Show

2373 - Borg attempts assimilation of Equestria... but instead is assimilated themselves as Bronies
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, Pony History got to me. Let's have an attempt at constructing a unified timeline.

Spoiler
    Show

3500 Before Celestia: The wheel is first used in Mesoponymia, Babylcorn along with the first fashion show.
    3114: Work begins on Stonehens under the oversight of Queen Elizabeak the First, ruler of the then-unbowed Chicken Empire of Henland.

The Great Pyramid:
    Spoiler
    Show

1200: The invasion of the Sea Ponies destroys the Mice-naean civilization, Greece enters a dark age.
    1185: Trojan War. The "Trojan Pony" was used by Ponnyseus to breach the Trojian defenses.
    776: First Best Young Flyer Competition held in Cloudsdale. It would be held every 4 years thereafter.
    775: Lycoltgus the Pegasus gives laws to the Spartans which included the banning of silver and gold, redistribution of all land, creation of a senate, eating at public mess (so no dainty desire for expensive food would develop), and forbidding all useless occupations. Unicorns leave en masse for Athens in protest.
    753: According to legend, Rome is founded by Romulus. Twelve pegasai circled overhead during the founding ceremonies and legend had it that the city would survive for 12 centuries.
    725: Sparta conquers Messenia and forms Earth Pony slavery. Having Earth Ponies to do all the tedious work of farming allows the Spartans to spend all their time in flight training.
    621: Draco the Purple Firedrake publishes his harsh laws for Athens. Many crimes are punishable by death (hence the term 'Draconian').

Draco 1 of Athens:
    Spoiler
    Show

559: Cyrus Sparkle the Great becomes king and will lead Persia to form a great empire that will stretch from Egypt to India.
    532: Pythaghorse starts her magic school in Colton Greece. She founds a sisterhood which sees the world through magic and friendship.
    480: Spartan Queen Leonidas, 300 Spartans, and their allies make a sacrificial last stand at Thermoponee against Xerxes and the Persians. King Xerxes demands the surrender of the Greeks horseshoes, to which Queen Leonidas replies, "Molon Labe", or "Come and take them."
    433: The Ponythenon in Athens is completed after 40 years of work. This stunning piece of architecture was the crowning achievement of Ponycles.
    399: The Great and Powerful Horsecrates is put on trial. She is arrogant and antagonistic during the proceedings. Had she been more gracious she might have escaped the hemlock having to throw a smokebomb on the ground and flee dramatically. The vote was 281 to 220.

Horsecrates' Escape:
    Spoiler
    Show

333: Alexcanter the Great defeats Persia under Darius at battle of Issus. Alexcanter was the fourth in a line of great unicorns and scholars: Horsecrates, Pinkie Pieto, Saddlestotle. Darius escapes and gathers his forces for the next battle.

Alexcanter the Great:
    Spoiler
    Show

332: Alexcanter the Great conquers Egypt. The Greeks bring fashion into Egypt for the first time.
    323: Alexcanter dies near Babylcorn and is reported to have left her kingdom, "to the cutest". Four of her generals carve up the empire and usher in the Hellenistic period.

Spoiler
    Show

264: First Pony War between Roman Ponies and Carthagian Elephants (called "Pony" from "Ponyician"). Hamilcar Barca commands the army and never loses a major battle. Hamilcar feels betrayed when the politicians of Carthage surrender. He feels they can still win the war. Hamilcar makes his daughter Honeyball swear an oath to hate Rome.
    218: Second Pony War - Honeyball crosses the Alps to attack Rome. (Honeyball is praised by Manechiavelli for being brutal in visible examples, thereby gaining order in her army, so the amount of true cruelty to her soldiers was less than if she had been softer). Honeyball is wildly successful militarily, but cannot pry the Italian cities away from Rome.
    87: Gaius Marius and Sulla fight over Rome. Sulla makes herself dictator and resigns in 80 BC.

The Roman Dictator:
    Spoiler
    Show

52: Battle of Alesia - Verse-sing-storix, leader of the Earth Ponies, retreats to a natural fortress at Alesia. Julius Coursier orders her ponies to build fortifications all around the fortress so Verse-sing-storix is trapped inside. Reinforcements for the Earth Ponies start to arrive, and Coursier orders her ponies to build fortifications on the other side. The Romans are now trapped inside a "donut" with Earth Ponies on the inside and outside. Coursier narrowly wins the battle through a personal charge with her Earth Pony friends.

The Battle of Alesia:
    Spoiler
    Show

15: The two sisters realize their potential as Goddesses of the Sun and Moon. Their power increases rapidly and they take responsibility for ensuring weather stability all across Equestria.
    30: Luna becomes jealous of Celestia and becomes Nightmare Moon; the first Moon War begins. For the first few decades of the War, it was mostly confined to the two sisters fighting directly. Eventually the two began to realise they were both immortal and began escalating their conflict in the mortal realm.
    70: Nightmare Moon creates the Everfree Forest to defend her castle from Celestia.
    120: Roman Emperor Hadrian begins the impressive 73 mile long defensive wall in the north of Henland to keep out the Chicks and other warring tribes.

The Mayan Sorcerers:
    Spoiler
    Show

361: Emperor Julian, "The Aponystate," tries to return the Empire back to the Pagan religions. Celestia defeats him with an overwhelming display of magic.

The Sack of Rome
    Spoiler
    Show

411: Celestia, realizing just how far her sister has gone, discovers the Elements of Harmony and uses them to defeat Nightmare Moon. Celestia ascends to Canterlot where she spends most of her time managing the Sun and Moon. With the destruction of Rome and Celestia's departure, Equestria enters a dark age.

Oh ... wow ... That's ... wow.

Looks like we'll have a companion piece to submit alongside the Pranceton Debate.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. I could try and pick up some of the back orders of pony avatars: it'd be an opportunity to learn inkscape better.

Also, when we have a decent amount of them, we should do what the facepunch forums did and make a banner with all of them on.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Aye. I liken it to the ending of old sagas, like the book of three or the LotR. That poignant moment where they want to get on the boat to go to eternal paradise, but here is so much work to be done?
    This may sound really cynical, but I'd stay behind. I've invested a lot in a Bachelor's degree that would be useless in Equestria. Crossing over, even if I could continue to contact friends and family, would sacrifice my employment and the better part of my education. And for what, exactly? Equestria's not heaven on earth. There is still anger, jealousy, and fear. People still get bullied. People still need to be careful walking through the forest at night. People still grow old and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    It crashes my browser (Firefox 3.6.something). Anything I can do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    As for everything else: My theory is that it was Luna's old castle. The elements were there because that's where Celestia confronted her. The Everfree Forest may have come about due to Luna not being there to maintain it, or it may have been intentionally created to keep ponies away.
    So Luna's house is now a broken-down ruin that nobody ever visits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

did someone say Derpy Stamps? Yes, someone has clearence to make USPS Valid Postage stamps with derpy hooves upon them!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

I just got a rainbow dash firefox skin.
    Omigoshomigoshomigosh

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

This thread needs more adorable.

Which means me, obviously.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

OP updated, comments, as usual, zero. Can someone post links to all four MLP games that were posted in the threads? I'd like to add them, too.

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That one is just... creepy.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

This thread needs more adorable.

Which means me, obviously.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

OP updated, comments, as usual, zero. Can someone post links to all four MLP games that were posted in the threads? I'd like to add them, too.
    Cute picture. I'm not really into shipping but that was just d'aww~

As for comments on the OP ... needs moar Dash. A-And Fluttershy....

Also, at this rate we're gonna need a new thread by next Thursday. o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

There's the most recent one.
    Pacderpy
    Two very similar dash based cloud gathering sidescrollers
    And the pony generator.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-03-23 at 11:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    And as for avatars...having said I'd make some, I've no idea who needs them other than the people that have posted really recently. And I'd rather take on people's that have been waiting awhile than new requests. So, um... where do I start with that?
    *Takes a look at where he is on Alterform's list*

Well...I guess to take some of the workload off his shoulder...could I request one from you, Alarra?

Here's the description I gave way back then.

I would like a pony with a keyboard-and-mouse cutie mark, who has fallen asleep at a computer with his head landed on the keyboard. Blue body with just a hint of green, blonde hair, and honestly any kind of pony would do. If an Earth Pony is easier, that'd be fine.

And no, I will not tell you how he types with hooves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

18. - Top - End - #348

It's a very well made opening post, good job Trixie
    -----------------

I like the various fan attributed pony personalities on the net, it's always interesting to see how people attempt to flesh out the ponies.

Celestia - benevolent kind ruler, or Iron hooved dictator, or embittered protector who's stern and strict action is simply an effort to defend pony kind from external threats unknow to general populus.

Luna - Emo lonely goddess, or cold calculating ursurper, or party girl

Twilight - social awkward misfit, or secret governmet spy against the underground resistance movement

Trixie - unrepentent braggard or secretly emotional vulnerable pony who tries to live up to self high expectations due to tragic past.

Pinkie - Party girl, or emotionally unbalanced pony who parties to escape knowledges of Eldritch horror, or predatory psychopath.

Rainbow - a pony who uses bravado to hide emotional vulnerabilities that resullted from highschool bullying or oppressing family

Fluttershy - quiet brave pony, or tragically scarred recluse

comparably Spike, AJ and Rarity are always portrayed as is. I wonder if that speak to the solidness of their characterization.

-------------

And here I am thinking Wednesday is our slowest day. (it usually is, until Thursday, where the expectation for a new episode usually ups the posts.)
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-03-23 at 11:37 AM.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    That one is just... creepy.
    Why?

Maybe it is, but for some reason TrixiexGilda seems to be really popular and I'm starting to run out of normal good quality images.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey hey, i can draw poni!

Enjoy, ZombyWolf

[EDIT]: Actually, I want to make a few changes on the strokes. The updated version will overwrite this one when I finish it.

Also, I was having a thought. Would anyone be interested in watching a livestream of me (or other artists) putting together ponytars? Especially if Pony Week gets elected for the next Theme Week, which looks shockingly likely.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-03-23 at 11:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post

Enjoy, ZombyWolf

Also, I was having a thought. Would anyone be interested in watching a livestream of me (or other artists) putting together ponytars? Especially if Pony Week gets elected for the next Theme Week, which looks shockingly likely.
    I won't do live stream, cause I do other things that reveal personal info while I photoshop ponies, but if some one tells me how to record my screen, I might upload a video showing my methods... which will be, I expect, utterly underwhelming.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

22. - Top - End - #352
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    *Takes a look at where he is on Alterform's list*

Well...I guess to take some of the workload off his shoulder...could I request one from you, Alarra?

Here's the description I gave way back then.

I would like a pony with a keyboard-and-mouse cutie mark, who has fallen asleep at a computer with his head landed on the keyboard. Blue body with just a hint of green, blonde hair, and honestly any kind of pony would do. If an Earth Pony is easier, that'd be fine.

And no, I will not tell you how he types with hooves.
    Heh... as it turns out I was just working out last night how to draw a pony having fallen asleep on a computer. =P As I was working on making my own avatar a pony. I'll do this one later tonight, and maybe Serp's and the bunny, if time allows. I just got a new shiny Cintiq, so I need to practice with it.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post

Enjoy, ZombyWolf

[EDIT]: Actually, I want to make a few changes on the strokes. The updated version will overwrite this one when I finish it.
    Um, that triangle in the middle isn't supposed to be colored blue, IMHO.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I won't do live stream, cause I do other things that reveal personal info while I photoshop ponies, but if some one tells me how to record my screen, I might upload a video showing my methods... which will be, I expect, utterly underwhelming.
    If you want still images, there's always that "Prt Scr" button on your keyboard. It puts a copy of your desktop in the clipboard for you to Ctrl + V to your heart's content.

If you want video, a free trial of Fraps will probably do it. It does have a recording duration limit, but you can get around that by piecing together multiple clips with a freeware non-linear video editing program.
    There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it. There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

RePeat?

I so far have only one suggestion for "my little pony" avatar over on the left. Any other thoughts?

He's anti-authority, and likely helps farming with his magic. He also raises falcons and often will go on long trips to study new forms of magic. He's also cranky at times and likes personal freedom!

On another note, who wants to be freaked out? If so, watch this!
    Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The Great Pyramid:
    Spoiler
    Show

Draco 1 of Athens:
    Spoiler
    Show

Horsecrates' Escape:
    Spoiler
    Show

Alexcanter the Great:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Roman Dictator:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Battle of Alesia:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Mayan Sorcerers:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Sack of Rome
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, you were doing SO well until the last sentence! Nopony uses the loaded term Dark Age anymore! While Equestria was divided up between the dukes of the Pony Roman Empire (Ponydanavia, France, Hispania (LAND OF SCIENCE AND SENSUALITY) and Ponyconia), it was also the era where the horse drawn plow came into wide use (a massive improvement over the older methods), the modern universities sprang up across Equestria, and many complex machines, ranging from clocks to water mills to spectacles, were invented.

Other than that, I accept it, aside from perhaps questioning that the Hens could have an empire, from what we've seen of them on the show (that is, no hint of sentience).
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer13 View Post
    RePeat?

I so far have only one suggestion for "my little pony" avatar over on the left. Any other thoughts?

He's anti-authority, and likely helps farming with his magic. He also raises falcons and often will go on long trips to study new forms of magic. He's also cranky at times and likes personal freedom!

Well, Girard would kind of work, although it's not really a pony name.

Any other info that could help?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Heh... as it turns out I was just working out last night how to draw a pony having fallen asleep on a computer. =P As I was working on making my own avatar a pony. I'll do this one later tonight, and maybe Serp's and the bunny, if time allows. I just got a new shiny Cintiq, so I need to practice with it.
    I appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

RePeat?

Hmm...that's a tough one. Doesn't lend itself to a lot of Pony-esque names...

The only thing I can think of is the admittedly-lame pun "hookeye".
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

RePeat?

On another note, who wants to be freaked out? If so, watch this!
    Fausty Hooves.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

30. - Top - End - #360

RePeat?

Rebel Jolt
    Rebel Colt
    Hooves Dean
    -Mako Mankanshoku