New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 3 - Too srs for my shirt

[Wedding]

Ilpholin pouts a bit as Darcy's tail goes away. She was having fun in a semi-non-sexual manner! That's rare. Oh well. She disentangles herself appropriately and then wraps the tail around her leg again, hiding in her dress once more.

She gives KR a smile, before looking at Cessie. "Well two of em were here, but they just up and left as soon as introductions were done. I'm not sure they're comfortable around Nexus people." And she wouldn't want to make them feel uncomfortable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding

HT knows it was just an excuse to make them behave, but Darcy thinks that she's supposed to chase down a reluctant groom.

"I guess we could,"
    she says, to the suggestion about mingling with Adir's family. Murkus's limited posting time kind of hurts doing that onscreen though, so it should probably just be handwaved.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding]

KR doesn't add a comment. I don't think she's exactly thrilled to have to start actually talking to people. Probably just came over because standing silently in a group is slightly less awkward than standing silently on your own.
    At least, until they all draw attention to your silence and start trying to draw you into the conversation. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Inside the Beer Bin]

A window opposite Tom rests open. Interesting. There appears to be a blind, shadow-filled alleyway outside of it along with a fire escape leading down to the dirty ground of the narrow passageway.

Suspicious!
    As much as Tom might like to believe that Percilia freed herself, took bloody revenge, and then jumped out the window (It's certainly in-character for her, isn't it? ), he's far too pessimistic to just run on home and assume this is all over. Luckily he didn't provide anyone with his name or address, otherwise he might be a bit more worried about getting framed for all of this. Clearly all Magtok's fault, if anyone asks. Clearly.

That said, there's no way he's walking back down the steps and confronting beard-thing again. No goddamn way. So it looks like we'll be taking the window and walking down the fire escape this time. Hopefully the trail doesn't run cold here. Tom's not quite ready to backtrack to the Beer Bin and explain how he left and that he needs to check a room full of bloody corpses for clues.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Time Tower 2]

"No flying?"

He will try to land on reinholds shoulder.

"Well I think someone has to carry me then."

And he looks at Reinhold.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower, Floor 2]

Looking at the area around him, Tarn decides to try something out then. Cautiously, he pulls a rubber ball from one of his belt pouches, and tosses it into a hole in one of the glass walls if he can. He wants to see what happens to it.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower 2]

Reinholdt, being a small kitty right now, would probably not have enough space on his shoulders to land on.

"Right. Probably not friendly to those who walk really slowly." The cat says, as he watches Tarn. Didn't seem a horrible plan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #548

Time Tower

The hole is offset thanks to Legion's stepping forward, but it's still easy enough to make the shot through it. As soon as the ball leaves the hallway it speeds up to over three times normal velocity, bouncing though the hole in a blur.

And then, as soon as it crosses the threshold into the second ring it slow down. It's still going much faster than normal, but now it seems to be going at least half a step slower.

And despite bouncing once on each side of the hole and then ricocheting off the glass of the second wall to come to a bouncing stop, none of the holes move. Step seems to be quite literal in this case, or something else is interacting with the room to cause the mechanism to activate.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-28 at 02:30 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

[Time Tower]

"It looks like the room has sped up time, maybe by about three times. I'd hazard a guess that every ring in there goes slower and slower until it goes back to normal. But with the fact that the lady there stepped in and caused it to move, every step means the holes adjust. It's literal steps though, and we can't take too many, or something bad will happen." Tarn looks contemplative. How to get around this?
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-11-28 at 02:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550

[Wedding]

At least they stopped, mission accomplished.

"Oh, well I'm not going to force any interactions. Adir's mother seemed pleasant enough however. I'm sure that at least some of them are more social." Of course, such conversations can be hand-waved away due Murkus dead time. I'm just not sure what else to do at the wedding besides small talk.

*bets Sakura is going to get married naked now*

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding]

Well there WAS tail wrestling.

"Hmmm... well maybe you should scout out the pleasant ones and then report back to us, so we know who to talk to." Ilpholin says with a nod.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #552
    Halfling in the Playground

((No handwaving! You shall have conversation! ))

Time Tower

"Wait... if time passes three times quicker, what if that applies for the puzzle too? What if 60 seconds here is the same as twenty seconds in there, and so on?" Legion kinda doubts this would all come down to math and guesswork, but that just might be the case. She examines her own watch closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wedding - Sakura's Room]

Sakura shrugs. "I dunno. I first got the idea from Cessie. That was a while after me and Adir were together. I didn't really worry about it much after that. Not until Cessie and Harnel got married. After that I knew it's what I wanted.
    Vorla smiles and thinks about that a moment, seeming more amused. "Oh, if only she'd seen some of Adir's cousins getting married. We convinced the, ah, natives to do it our way. Naked, you know." She gestures toward Sakura's dress. "People are prettier without these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wedding - Sarget]

"Could you imagine Adir raising a child at all?" Sarget responds, sounding a bit amused. "Here is as good of a place as any."
    "Well, you said he's changed. I certainly hope it's for the better." Erik shakes his head. "You know he's had mates before, don't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wedding - Three Men in a Hallway]

Probably, yes. Mind you, the concept of him and KR getting married is hard to imagine. It just keeps slipping out of the mind's grasp. You'll be fine, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Found him, Cessie. He's just getting dressed and generally being nervous.

"Yeah, but today's the big show, right? If you're nervous, just think about this; all you're really doing is telling your family that you love Sakura, and want to spend the rest of your life with her. That's all. The rest is just gravy." Harnel says, attempting to be helpful.
    "Only the rest of my life. Yeah. Cool. No problem." That did not help his demeanour. If anything, Adir looks more nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Wedding - Mia

She bluches a bit. this is the first time someone made a compliment for her work.

"Yes I did build him."

MDM moves a bit and answers with a steam cloud, Mia just throws a glare at him.
    "That's cool. How'd you do it?" The young fey asks admirably, grinning at Mia. He gives her a short elevator look, managing to be fairly polite.

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Dominic takes the hand and shakes it, and the feeling that Omott will get is that Dominic could crush his hand at any second, and is running out of reasons not to.

It's good to meet you. He says, promising mad experiments with Gramps strapped to a bench and Dominic laughing maniacally. Did you just come down for the wedding?

Time Tower Peeps

((If it was using 25 then that would change seconds and minutes, not days/weeks/months etc.

That's all I wanted to add.))
    Omott tries not to be phased by Dominic's aura of feeeeear. "I've been here before. Though I certainly didn't expect Adir to get married here." Omott puffs out a gravelly laugh, lightening the mood a little. "I certainly didn't expect Adir to get married."

Wedding - Outside

There's one new arrival to the wedding - a fey woman, white haired and white-eyed, is currently fussing over two small children. She gives her own husband, a tall and muscular young buck, a rather irritable glare. He should be helping with the kids. Instead, he's chatting up Adir's siblings. How rude.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura giggles. "You wouldn't convince Cessie of anything. If I know anything about her, it's that." It gives Sakura no ends of amusement at times. "I don't mind too much, though. I've pretty much got used to it."

[Wedding - Sarget]

"I am aware, and so is Sakura. She's only ever once expressed an concern over that, and it was short lived." Sarget replies. Of course, the topic has only come up once. It was off hand and Sakura had other things on her mind, however.

14. - Top - End - #554

Wedding - Sakura's Room

"Oh, those people, trying their hardest to cover themselves. You should get her to loosen up a little." Vorla protests. "I bet she'd get used to it fast, if she ever visited our little forest."

Wedding - Outside

Erik steps a little closer to Sarget. His voice, previously loud as could be, starts to get a little more discreet. "Sarget, there's a reason I said 'I can't imagine him raising a child'." He furrows his eyebrows at the trent. "You know what mating implies, don't you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not sure Cessie ever loosens up." Sakura says. Though there are those rather interesting dresses she likes to wear with Harnel. "Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough." This can't be a good idea.

[Wedding - Sarget]

Sarget makes a low, rumbling sound. "I see." He's silent for a long moment. "I understand, though I don't know how easily Sakura would. If she is to find out, it needs to be from him."

16. - Top - End - #556

"Sure! Get her to think outside the box. Forget the rules for a day. Swap cultures." Vorla furrow her brow a little, glancing toward the door where Cessie took her exit. "Come to think of it, she did smell a bit Feyish..."

[Wedding - Sarget]

"Sarget, it's their wedding day. If he hasn't told her, he doesn't intend to." Erik looks around, amidst Adir's siblings. "And I, for one, would not blame him."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura giggles again, shaking her head. She can't imagine it. "Oh, yeah. She's actually part nymph, or dryad. It's her grandma."

[Wedding - Sarget]

"Maybe, but there is always the chance she'll find out some other way. It'd be best if he told her." Sarget rumbles again. "I will speak with him when they've returned from their honeymoon."

18. - Top - End - #558

Wedding - Sakura's Room

"Really?" Vorla says, eyebrows rising. She smiles amusedly. "You'd think that would help at least a little. Oh well. Perhaps I can meet her grandmother sometime. We can teach her a bit about her ancestors." Vorla winks and stands. "Now, is there anything else you need to do before the ceremony?"

Wedding - Sarget

"I'd prefer if you didn't." Erik says very simply, looking up at the ent, brow still furrowed.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir places his hands on his hips. You'd spend the rest of your life with Sakura anyway. The wedding just makes it official. Don't worry about it so much.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #560

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Wedding]

Well there WAS tail wrestling.

"Hmmm... well maybe you should scout out the pleasant ones and then report back to us, so we know who to talk to." Ilpholin says with a nod.
    [Wedding]

Tail wrestling isn't on Cessie's list of appropriate activities. <.<

"I'm sorry Ilpholine." Cessie says as pleasantly as possible, "But I need to deal with the arrangements, I have a wedding gift to Sakura and Adir that needs some preparation. It was just a suggestion though, you could always talk to KR or Wenomir." The mage replies before she will nod and then walk away in the direction of Watchtower.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh right. That's what she's here for again. Sakura smooths her hands over her stomach. "I think so. I don't really need a lot. The rings are up there, I got my dress on, I have the bouquet over there, Cessie should be back in not too long, Adir and Terrowin and everybody else should be almost ready, oh and I hope Harnel is talking to Adir." She pauses for breath after that rather long, rattled off sentence. Vorla might want to cut her off before she starts up again.

[Wedding - Sarget]

"I only want to protect Sakura." Sarget replies, just as simply. "Is there a reason I shouldn't?" He adds a moment later.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-30 at 08:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562

Wedding - Mia

She blush more.

"Well as all people do. I search for the material then form it into the parts I want and bring them together."

[Time Tower 2]

Mr. C lands on Reinholds head.

"So what to do now?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-11-30 at 08:59 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #563

Three Men in a Hallway

"Yes, Wenomir, and that's the scary part! The longest I've ever been with a woman was five months. Five! I've never been commital in my life!" Well, he had to say it sometime. Adir can't just hide his panic forever. Perhaps the wedding's finally squeezing it out've him.

Wedding - Sarget

"Telling the pregnant dryad about her husband's previous experiences with children isn't such a good idea. The ones he simply abandoned."

Wedding - Sakura

"Do you have a ringbearer for those?" Vorla smiles at Sakura's hair. "I suppose we don't really need a flower girl, but..."

Wedding - Mia

"Maybe you could show me sometime. I'd love to know more." Adir's brother says, a tad suggestively. Adir really should be out here to ward off his siblings.

Wedding - Ilpholin

Ilpholin might just find someone tugging on her tail! Though it doesn't feel like Darcy.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-30 at 11:43 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding - Sakura]

"We don't have one, but we have it figured out. We do have a flower girl though. Her name's Terrie. She's a little dryad that was born from one of the apple trees at Watch a while ago." Fresh out of deadtime just in time to scoop up the position.

[Wedding - Sarget]

"That is why I had said Adir should tell her. At least he can explain it and reassure her. But, I won't say anything. I can only hope she doesn't find out somehow." Sarget says.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Three Men in a Hallway

"Yes, Wenomir, and that's the scary part! The longest I've ever been with a woman was five months. Five! I've never been commital in my life!" Well, he had to say it sometime. Adir can't just hide his panic forever. Perhaps the wedding's finally squeezing it out've him.
    Wenomir folds his arms across his chest. This is going to be difficult. But you love Sakura, don't you? Do you imagine yourself ever just leaving her?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wedding]

Ilpholin narrows her eyes at Cessie as she leaves. "Bitch." She mutters under her breath.

She seems to have figured out why exactly Cessie went all the way out of her way to tell Ilpholin, Darcy, and KR to socialize when she clearly had so much on her plate already. Ilpholin's eyes become slits. Well two can play at that game. And with so many fey around, it wouldn't be hard to turn this party into a shameless debauchery of skin and flirting. And who would lose out? Not the bride and groom, but Cessie! Oh she can just imagine the mage's face no-

Ilpholin is drawn out of her reverie of revenge by a tail tug. Dang, someone must have worked hard on that. She thought she had it wrapped around her leg under her dress. No... wait. It had become unwound a bit by accident as Ilpholin plotted. Grr. Need better control on that.

She turns to see who it is.

Time Tower

Reinholdt goes to swat Mr. C off his head. Reinholdt is a small blue kitty. There IS NOT enough room on Reinholdt for Mr. C to land and stay on. He might be able to land, but they certainly wouldn't be able to go anywhere without Mr. C falling off constantly. He just needs to pick someone else.

Plus, Reinholdt doesn't like that and promptly sets about fixing his fur.

"Well if the twenty five hour thing is in effect, then we could have some wacky decimal point numbers for steps. But we don't know exactly how fast time speeds up, do we?"

"And I still have no idea what these numbers on the wall mean, except maybe clock facing, nor why it skips down from four oh five to four hundred."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Three Men in a Hallway

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir folds his arms across his chest. This is going to be difficult. But you love Sakura, don't you? Do you imagine yourself ever just leaving her?

"Wenomir's right," the half-dragon says, "It's not like you'd just up and leave her."

"Let me break this down for you. A wedding is where two people agree to be with each other in front of their families. That is all you need to think of it as, because that's all it is."
    Harnel seems fairly adamant about this. Antlers isn't weaseling his way out of marriage on his wedding day. Not like this.

28. - Top - End - #568

Wedding

Well, there's the fact that many of the fey are siblings. Though they could always flirt with the Watch members.

The puller appears to be a small child, perhaps five years old. He has a birthmark a bit like Adir's, those dark patches of skin spreading over his cheeks, and his antlers are fragile little things.

The boy is followed swiftly by his mother, the aforementioned fey-wife who appears to be outside Adir's family. Her eyes are a silvery white, her similarly colored hair rather short. The hair glows and shimmers as if it were made from tiny strands of light. A golden symbol - an oval around a circle - hangs perpetually above her forehead. Her features are pale and serene.

Despite the annoyance in her voice, there's an unnatural undertone of warmth. She sweeps the child off his feet and swings him up. "Rici! You cannot do these things. Leave her be." He doesn't know where it's been!

Wedding - Sakura

"Well, that's good... but what do you mean, figured out?" Vorla furrows her brow at Sakura, frowning confusedly.

Wedding - Sarget

"Mmn." Erik rumbles, surveying the other guests. On an OOC note, perhaps Sarget should talk to Adir anyway. Even if he doesn't decide to tell Sakura, that should be interesting.

Wedding - Three Men in a Hallway

"I mean, I guess... Gods, I'm such an idiot. I guess I just wish I could've been the one to ask. So I could've been ready." It seems Adir isn't subscribing to Harnel's theory about the wedding being insignificant. "I'm not ready for this stuff."

Time Tower

"Tarn there said three times. That might be worth trying. Unless someone's got a better idea..." Legion shrugs. She figures she can try her own theory, and if it's wrong, well, she's been in worse spots. The Lady stands and, barring no one suggests otherwise, will step into the room. She looks around at the curved area, examining the floor. Look before you leap.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Shouldn't the kid get antlers at puberty or around there? It'd match better with actual deer. [/random thought]

[Wedding - Sakura]

"I mean the rings are just up there already. It's not really that important to have them carried up. Unless you had an idea, but it's probably a little later for that now." There's far too many little things to worry about. She's starting to wonder whatever happened to just having a simple wedding.

[Wedding - Sarget]

Could be interesting, but that's for the future. For the time being Sarget lets it go, but who knows what might change his mind.

"Best not to dwell on these things. This is a happy day."

30. - Top - End - #570

Time Tower

Legion takes her second step into the field and time speeds up for her again. If she was paying attention this time as she crossed into room she'll probably figure out that she's definitely going more than three times normal speed, but how much more is up to debate. The step also reactivates the holes in each wall, causing them to move another few degrees in their alotted direction.

The one in the outermost wall moves a bit more to the left. Tarn would have a hard time bouncing a ball through it from the hallway now.

Nothing in the circle's floor seems designed to harm her. It's all just smooth brass.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.