New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 132 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3282107122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #3931
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Goonight fellow KickStoppers!

What an amazing experience! I hope you all got what you wanted most, and had a fantastic time getting it. Thanks for making me feel welcome, especially the F5 Crew. And the biggest thanks go to Rich, of course! THANKYOU!

I'll be around now and then, but I'm not very good at this whole social interaction thing. Now that Rich isn't cracking the whip any more , you probably won't be seeing so much of me.

At the very least, of course, I'll bring my crayon drawing in to Show and Tell.

Now... I'm off to wake people up and tell them the story of How We Broke Kickstarter.
    I participated... and I broke it!

2. - Top - End - #3932
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

hurray, my prepaid credit card specifically bought so I could pledge worked
    random hum :)

3. - Top - End - #3933
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post
    Well, that last month has certainly been a blast. Never knew that spending money could be so exciting

Speaking of which, I NEVER would have thought that we'd get anywhere near a million dollars (and have, in fact, quietly laughed at people who entertained such notions) and yet we surpassedit by more than 250k... wow. Just wow.
    Tell me about. I suggested a live action version of OOTS starring the cast of Firefly as a million dollar reward thinking it would be crazy impossible to reach.

4. - Top - End - #3934
    Barbarian in the Playground

So Amazon didn't take my Visa. Now I got to find someone with a credit card. I am not sure I actually know anyone with a credit card. I've always considered a credit card "that card I use to pay directly from my bank account", apparently that is a debit card...

What is the idea of a card where you borrow the money from a third party and then pay it back?

Hmm... but I thought I had ordered from amazon before, I had an account... got check that.

5. - Top - End - #3935
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post
    Well, that last month has certainly been a blast. Never knew that spending money could be so exciting

Speaking of which, I NEVER would have thought that we'd get anywhere near a million dollars (and have, in fact, quietly laughed at people who entertained such notions) and yet we surpassedit by more than 250k... wow. Just wow.
    "Wow! That first $750K was surprising . . .
    But I REALLY didn't expect the second one." - Paraphrased from the Chimera, Trigak
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-02-21 at 02:56 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

6. - Top - End - #3936
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by --Lime-- View Post
    I nearly made the same mistake. Not having much cash at the moment, I had to choose.

(I chose the patch)
    I'm pleased I didn't spend more than that though- otherwise I'd have ended up with the international shipping charges issue (I didn't even realize about them until after the drive ended.)
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2012-02-21 at 02:54 PM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

7. - Top - End - #3937
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

From the Washington Post interview:

MC: Your Kickstarter page says the $1.2-mill will allow you to publish more copies of “OoTS,” and that you’re weighing other ways to spend the money. Can you shed some more light on what you’re thinking now about your spending — post-taxes — and was it challenging to keep gearing up the donor rewards?

RB: I really haven’t had time to think beyond what I wrote then, though I think the new computer is near the top of the list. Mine keeps crashing during important stuff.
    Since he's an Mac user, think we can convince Rich to slurge a little and go for one of these bad boys, all tricked out?

I mean, after all, it's still a business expense.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by Tass View Post
    So Amazon didn't take my Visa. Now I got to find someone with a credit card. I am not sure I actually know anyone with a credit card. I've always considered a credit card "that card I use to pay directly from my bank account", apparently that is a debit card...

What is the idea of a card where you borrow the money from a third party and then pay it back?

Hmm... but I thought I had ordered from amazon before, I had an account... got check that.
    I saw on the Amazon Payment page something about linking to a bank account. Is it possible that you could link yours and then delete the info one it goes through?
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 02:58 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

8. - Top - End - #3938
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Since he's an Mac user, think we can convince Rich to slurge a little and go for one of these bad boys, all tricked out?

Next, on "Pimp my PC"...
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

9. - Top - End - #3939
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Weird posting over here for a change....

Anyway, man this was a rush. I've sacrificed.... I don't even know anymore.... lots of sleep watching the drive and chatting away in the comments page for a long time now.

It's hilarious to read this fro the first page onwards I highly recommend it, just for a laugh or two at 'eventual slowdown' and 'Top 5 is likely but not certain' type stuff

10. - Top - End - #3940
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    That's what? Half an hour worth? 15 minutes?
    This kickstarter has ruined my sense of money.

Edit: All three accounts charged fine. Now I have to wait.
    AHH! Can't wait!

11. - Top - End - #3941
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am so happy for the community and for Rich over this pledge.

It is wonderful to see the love for the comic and our beloved stick figures.

I am also personally happy that the No Cure book got a reprint as it was the only book I was missing.

(Ended up buying more than that book of course, way more :D)

12. - Top - End - #3942
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

*wakes up*

*rubs eyes*

WHAT THE HELL!

Seriously, cannot believe nearly $60,000 was raised in the last 4 hours! You (we) people are truly nuts. And we broke kickstarter while we were at it!

Payment processed! now just the anticipation for OotS goodness

13. - Top - End - #3943
    Orc in the Playground

Received e-Mail from Amazon Payments, my payment went through, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Whoops. I thought the patch was free for $15 and over- I didn't realize that the $16 package didn't come with it.
    Er, no, the patches had to be added extra, for $4/piece. The only difference was which packages the patches could be added to.

Anyway. Now we have to be patient while Rich sorts out who gets what where when, and has to draw the PDF stories. Please be patient, people.

I'm overseas (as seen from the USA), so the estimated delivery time for my package according to Amazon is June 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardia View Post
    Well, if you spent the main part of your career seeing ungodly monstrosities, violations of the laws of physics, occasionally coming back from the dead, being attacked by creatures natural and unnatural, chased by things a hundred times your size, etc, etc...I'd see the need for some stress release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilargh View Post
    "Laughter", while a necessary part of the word "manslaughter", is considered poor taste when committing the act itself.

14. - Top - End - #3944
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am so happy for the community and for Rich over this pledge.

It is wonderful to see the love for the comic and our beloved stick figures.

I am also personally happy that the No Cure book got a reprint as it was the only book I was missing.

(Ended up buying more than that book of course, way more :D)

15. - Top - End - #3945
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tobrian View Post

Anyway. Now we have to be patient while Rich sorts out who gets what where when, and has to draw the PDF stories. Please be patient, people.
    I believe Freddy Mercury said it best.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

16. - Top - End - #3946

Charge went through fine.

Congratulations everyone! And especially, congrats to Mr. Burlew, whose brilliant work has inspired such a fantastically successful drive... and such a large fanbase as well.

17. - Top - End - #3947

[QUOTE=Porthos;12764114]From the Washington Post interview:

[QUOTE]
    A top end Mac + a top end Cintiq + latest drawing software will probably cometo less than 1% of Rich's turnover for the year. The tax people can't argue with that.

PS glad to see a name I recognise.
    Peter C

18. - Top - End - #3948
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Same here about the charges, and thank you Rich for admitting that our SUPERB job merited the lowering of the Last Mystery Prize by 10K. Also LOVED the new line forming to kick Belkar some more including, V, the Kobold prophet, and Haley's old Rogue guild member.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Who stole Sir Francois and Elan's stuff at the Rob you while yo sleep.)
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

19. - Top - End - #3949
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I feel pretty badass just for being a part of this badassery.

20. - Top - End - #3950

Charge went through fine.

Congratulations everyone! And especially, congrats to Mr. Burlew, whose brilliant work has inspired such a fantastically successful drive... and such a large fanbase as well.

21. - Top - End - #3951
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    I have a feeling the "Final Prize" will be hand-waved with an "Eh, close enough."

No idea what it is, but if it is close, it will be done.

One "Bonus" prize I'd like to see is all the Giantitp Avatars being part of the Four Seasons of Stick Figure Minis. The Giant already has the files, use a mirror image of the image, set the color to gray, and you have a mini! 90% of the work has already been done by the Giant years ago.
    Called it!
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

22. - Top - End - #3952
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ss49 View Post
    I feel pretty badass just for being a part of this badassery.
    Don't worry, there's enough badassery to go around for everyone! (who donated more than 15 cents)
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

Currently playing as the Maya in GMR game #6.

23. - Top - End - #3953
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dakameleon View Post
    *wakes up*

*rubs eyes*

WHAT THE HELL!

Seriously, cannot believe nearly $60,000 was raised in the last 4 hours! You (we) people are truly nuts. And we broke kickstarter while we were at it!

Payment processed! now just the anticipation for OotS goodness
    From the Google Doc
    Pledged on Final "Day" (9am-9am period): $182,288.00

NOT A TYPO!

Go Us!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 04:06 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

24. - Top - End - #3954
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

What's with all the multiple posts in this thread that are separated by minutes at time?

25. - Top - End - #3955
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    What's with all the multiple posts in this thread that are separated by minutes at time?
    Server hiccups. What's happening is that people are thinking that there posts aren't going through and are resubmitting them minutes later.

It's happened to me a couple of times, but I've made sure to delete my posts afterwards and let the Mods sort it all out.

26. - Top - End - #3956
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Forum errors mean people keep refreshing their posts, I guess.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

27. - Top - End - #3957
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. We hit the final minutes hard enough that my internet was completely wrecked. I couldn't even touch my email.

I think we were pretty far reaching with our damage.

Go us! We have the power to completely destroy the internet. No wonder our forum needs hardware upgrades.

Also, glad to see my pledge made it through.

With my Giant-added note, I have:

$146 pledged for: signed copies of No Cure, Origin, and War. Two patches, a coloring book, two hit point pads, two sets of stickers, and Sticky Shticks.

Not bad.

Got to make sure I remember the cards and patches for the survey.

Also, I'm pretty sure we raised more than $30,000 in the last twenty minutes or so.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2012-02-21 at 04:12 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

28. - Top - End - #3958
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

My payment went through just fine as well. Excellent. Now all that's left is waiting for the survey.

It's still almost unbelievable that we managed to hit 1.25 million. It's really awesome that we did, though.

29. - Top - End - #3959

DruidGuy

Unexpected side-effectsof the OOTS Kickstarter Pledge drive:
    - Thanks to all the money they're going to get shipping stuff, the US Postal Service will be able to hold off on filing bankruptcy.
    - Texas will be able to pay their teachers with the money from the sales tax

(OK, not really for either of these - but we made a dent!)

30. - Top - End - #3960
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure we raised more than $30,000 in the last twenty minutes or so.
    The Google Doc is your friend.

{table]2/21/2012 11:33:00 | $1,234,439
    2/21/2012 12:03:00 |$1,254,120[/table]

Almost $20K in the nose. Which is shocking enough as it is.