Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

My reaction to this week's chapter can be summed up by a trope:

Like You Would Really Do It

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rocks fall, everybody dies.
    Well, kind of...

Because demon chick got impatient they can't remote control Face. But that's only a minor setback. New demons, kind of. Jackal is just revived but Tempest apparently gets a new body and loses his memory upon every death... seems somewhat inconvenient. But assuming that's true for all demons... WHO THE EFF IS ZERO?! Genderswap Ultear reborn?! Also, Minerva is back and I would say something about her outrageous outfit but I guess it's pretty subtle compared to recent events... Also: naked Mira. Will get an ugly face. Because crazy scientist chick doesn't like pretty girls.

And the demons are right above the guild when Elfman tries to blow it up... and apparently Cana can't stop him and there is a huge explosion. I'm at least curious how they will survive, because obviously they do. (Also, Elfman somehow reminded me of Hofmann's Hook from the movie of the same name... "Don't try to stop me, don't you DARE try to stop me, (try to stop me)."
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Thoughts on the Chapter
    Show
    Hiro. HIRO.

Can we not go one ****ing week. ONE ****ING WEEK. Without something UNBELIEVABLY creepy.

I don't care if she's a demon, Lemy looks like a young child and she just said "OH YOUR GLARE IS SO CUTE I THINK I MIGHT GET PREGNANT"

What the hell is wrong with you.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler: Thoughts on the Chapter
    Show
    Hiro. HIRO.

Can we not go one ****ing week. ONE ****ING WEEK. Without something UNBELIEVABLY creepy.

I don't care if she's a demon, Lemy looks like a young child and she just said "OH YOUR GLARE IS SO CUTE I THINK I MIGHT GET PREGNANT"

What the hell is wrong with you.
    I'm with you on that. At this point, the main reason I'm still reading is because I keep hoping that maybe this beloved series that I've sunk so much time into will quit with the creepy and inappropriate and go back to being good. If this were a new series I was trying out that was like it has been the last few months? I'd drop it.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You're surprised a team of literal demons are being made out to be creepy?

Surely that's to be expected.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    You're surprised a team of literal demons are being made out to be creepy?

Surely that's to be expected.
    You can be creepy without implying the loli character wants to get pregnant.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sure that's not just a saying in Japan? I seem to remember something of the sort showing up elsewhere.

Either way it seemed to be more of a "I want to marry my father" or whatever Tvtropes wants to call it situation meant to show that she's the stupid kiddy one.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Sure that's not just a saying in Japan? I seem to remember something of the sort showing up elsewhere.

Either way it seemed to be more of a "I want to marry my father" or whatever Tvtropes wants to call it situation meant to show that she's the stupid kiddy one.
    ...it is decidedly not a phrase in Japan, and I HIGHLY doubt she's just joking around, since she specifically made Tempest "super hot".

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Little demon lady needs to take something for those raging hormones.

Though what is it Hiro every other chapter we get a cliffhanger? Your boring me now.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Little demon lady needs to take something for those raging hormones.

Though what is it Hiro every other chapter we get a cliffhanger? Your boring me now.
    They're not even cliffhangers. We know the outcome, everything is going to be fine. I'd like to say I'm surprised but this is following Rave Master's descent into total misery pretty much to a T. A somewhat interesting concept drug out well past it's prime (with reused character designs from Rave Master at that) and new EEEVVIIILLL enemies to up the anty. When they hit the Oracian Sies I was pretty much done with the series. Now it's in the same bin as Naruto and Bleach, reading it to see it end.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Well, as much as I like(d) FT, ending of cliffhangers is the sign of a bad show that can't keep viewers interested in other ways...
    That said, I am at least curious HOW they will survive. (While last time I actually was curious if Jellal would make it)

In regards to the other discussion... I have to say I don't quite agree with Zodiac's problem on the new character. Don't get me wrong, there clearly is something wrong with Hiro's sex life according to the last month of updates or so but without having any interest in lolis... I don't see the problem. For me she's not a child but a short, flat demon who has every right to be horny. Or as much as anyone else.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, her behavior were quite clearly adult, so i really dont see any issue with the short demon besides finding her really annoying as a character.

And despite being slightly amused by the low quality chain used by Tartaros (a sword will apperently cut though them), then i am actually continuing to find my interest in the new chapter rising.

I cant find the inapropriate things other people are complaining about, but are for that matter also more interested in how it is they survive this, my personal entry on the betting pool is on that 3rd great fairy spell.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #1453

My problem with Lemy is comparable to when they sexualize Wendy. Yeah, she's pretty wise for her age and stuff, and thus fairly adult. But she still LOOKS like a child.

Hell, I wouldn't really mind, if not for the fact that she said that one line about getting pregnant that just skeeved me right the hell out.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

I bet they survive by super-stretching Horologium. If I'm right, I'm gonna quit this manga.

Random question - was it ever explained what was behind these super secret doors under FT mansion, that Makarove has shown to Laxus?

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    My problem with Lemy is comparable to when they sexualize Wendy. Yeah, she's pretty wise for her age and stuff, and thus fairly adult. But she still LOOKS like a child.

Hell, I wouldn't really mind, if not for the fact that she said that one line about getting pregnant that just skeeved me right the hell out.
    While short and *ahem* not terribly developed the design is terribly loli-esque to me. While I'd bet large money in either case this seems more just really really short to me.

The pregnant line is would be creepy coming from a woman of Mirajane's build.

16. - Top - End - #1456

While short and *ahem* not terribly developed the design is terribly loli-esque to me. While I'd bet large money in either case this seems more just really really short to me.

Well yes it's gonna turn out she's like the oldest of them or something, but still.

Yes, yes it would.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Random question - was it ever explained what was behind these super secret doors under FT mansion, that Makarove has shown to Laxus?
    Kind of, I think. It's the third Great FT Spell, Luminaire or something like that.

Sorry, I still don't get it. Yeah, its stupid but... so terribly disturbing? I'll assume the idea of a woman wanting to get pregnant is not yucky, the idea of a child wanting to get pregnant... more so. But she's pretty clearly not a child just uncommonly build. If they did the same thing with Wendy, yeah, I'd agree, but she's not Wendy.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

*gasp* We have reached page 49 already! Maybe we should suggest page titles for the next thread...

mine goes to:

Fairy Tail III: Demon-ex Machina
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    *gasp* We have reached page 49 already! Maybe we should suggest page titles for the next thread...

mine goes to:

I like that one.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

While Lemy is an adult demon and can act as stupidly as she wants, then i do agree about the treatment of Wendy.

Besides her being a child and imo really not belonging anywhere near the FT fights, then the way she has been dressed and and so on is despicable.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Kind of, I think. It's the third Great FT Spell, Luminaire or something like that.
    The spells are Fairy Law, Glitter, and Sphere.

The "Lumen Histoire" we don't know about yet.

Sorry, I still don't get it. Yeah, its stupid but... so terribly disturbing? I'll assume the idea of a woman wanting to get pregnant is not yucky, the idea of a child wanting to get pregnant... more so. But she's pretty clearly not a child just uncommonly build. If they did the same thing with Wendy, yeah, I'd agree, but she's not Wendy.
    If I were to rationalize it I would say some combination of being waaay to forward and way irresponsible. I'm personally rather conditioned to treat pregnancy way more importantly then say romance and sex alone. Reducing having a kid to a raunchy sex gag exceeds my ability to not find "creepy" and disturbing.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    While Lemy is an adult demon and can act as stupidly as she wants, then i do agree about the treatment of Wendy.

Besides her being a child and imo really not belonging anywhere near the FT fights, then the way she has been dressed and and so on is despicable.
    Japan evidently disagrees... because Wendy is far from alone yes? And looking beyond the loli, well how many teen girls are there. 16 will get you 20...

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Japan evidently disagrees... because Wendy is far from alone yes? And looking beyond the loli, well how many teen girls are there. 16 will get you 20...
    Japans obsession with extremely young girls is also imo one of the most distrubing things about that culture.
    And as for the teen girls then i really dont care about them, since they are all above the legal age.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

And from and outside perspective one could argue the inflation of "child" status into the late teens (and pressing ever forward) now is not only ludicrous but rather stifling. All in where you sit.

But putting that aside... ehh nothing to do about it. Trot out the standard defense that in the end, this isn't real. Agree or disagree. Watch or don't watch. Nothing more to be said.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2014-02-08 at 08:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, forgot that in my last few posts... Agreed.

The spells are Fairy Law, Glitter, and Sphere.

The "Lumen Histoire" we don't know about yet.
    Ah, sorry. But that was what's in the basement, right?

Reducing having a kid to a raunchy sex gag exceeds my ability to not find "creepy" and disturbing.
    But the point still stands, our loli demon is not a child. Well, very likely not, anyway.
    But I don't think that's a place to discuss legal ages... Even though I do in general agree Japan has a disturbing trend to sexualize little girls.
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #1465

You know, a thought occurs to me.

Tempesta doesn't even look like he's drawn by Hiro anymore, his design is so different. It's an interesting touch, to say the least.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, sorry. But that was what's in the basement, right?
    Yes, the glowy thing in the basement.

But the point still stands, our loli demon is not a child. Well, very likely not, anyway.
    But I don't think that's a place to discuss legal ages... Even though I do in general agree Japan has a disturbing trend to sexualize little girls.
    Well yeah and there's a lot to be said for this not being reality too. That's more a legalistic sort of thing with overriding concerns.

Its simply reached the limits of what my own personal programming even as desensitized as it is can let me get away with.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: new chapter
    Show
    So, finally we can see Cana's magic. Quite potent I'd say. And it seems Hiro is getting this hentaifever out of his system (some gratuitous nakedness, but it's turning around at the least, besides, Mira is back to business. So, all of FT vs. the demons. time for some whoopass. I'm excited for what comes next...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, less hentai-ish this week.

I guess it's not the worst cop-out for the rescue but.. If Cana can just turn anybody into cards, how is she not the most powerful FT wizard? And if you can fight against being turned into a card, why does it still work on Elfman? And why does it cure Elfman of his mind control? And... and... ah, whatever.

Lisanna and Natsu rescue Erza (well, I guess Lisanna did the larger part because otherwise Natsu would have to face naked Erza to do so). btw, where did Lisanna get the bikini from?
    Apparently the sword is somewhat special, we'll see how much so and if he keeps it.

And... how crappy is the demons intel if they don't know Mira uses demon magic and don't consider the possibility it might be a stupid idea to pump her with more demon power? I guess it's not something you can easily research but it seems a bit unsensible from their side.

But yeah, time for the fairies' counterattack!
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, less hentai-ish this week.

I guess it's not the worst cop-out for the rescue but.. If Cana can just turn anybody into cards, how is she not the most powerful FT wizard? And if you can fight against being turned into a card, why does it still work on Elfman? And why does it cure Elfman of his mind control? And... and... ah, whatever.

Lisanna and Natsu rescue Erza (well, I guess Lisanna did the larger part because otherwise Natsu would have to face naked Erza to do so). btw, where did Lisanna get the bikini from?
    Apparently the sword is somewhat special, we'll see how much so and if he keeps it.

And... how crappy is the demons intel if they don't know Mira uses demon magic and don't consider the possibility it might be a stupid idea to pump her with more demon power? I guess it's not something you can easily research but it seems a bit unsensible from their side.

But yeah, time for the fairies' counterattack!
    Hmm
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wasn't Mira on the island with everybody else when they time skipped 7 years?

It could be that her hiatus from active work as a Fairy Tail Guild Mage since Lisanna "died" may have played a part in why they didn't know what she could do.

After all when this first started she was pretty much a favourite pin up in a wizard weekly, whose to say whoever checked up on Fairy Tail actually bothered to confirm what every mage could do after all the first group they wiped the floor with barring Mr Lightning (yes I forgot his name!) was probably top of their list of most dangerous foes!

I would have been more worried about where Gildartz was after all how does an army of demons fight something that survived Acnologia technically at least twice?!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2014-02-14 at 06:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Alright Hiro now its time to stop screwing around.

Not gonna lie go Cana.