New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Shadow's Surprisingly Well-Lit Random Banter #217

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Nah, I just decided that this and all future birthdays will be my 21st birthdays.

I feel like it accurately reflects how much I feel like I know what I'm doing in life anyway.
    I presume after enough alcohol they can.

Except for liver damage, treating every single day as your 21st birthday sounds like a good plan to me!
    (Full disclosure, I think I consumed more alcohol in the five years before I turned 21 than in the 25 years after).

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Are you doing okay, Enderlord? That post, and your response to 2d8hp come across as kind of antagonistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I think I'm fine.They weren't meant to; sorry if they seemed that way.

For what it's worth, I noticed no antagonism, now if he instead defended Luke Skywalker's actions in Return of the Jedi on the other hand....
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

That's not how numbers work.
    Sure it is. It's not how addition works, but if she makes her age a peicewise function like

f(x) = {x+1, 0<x<21
    f(x) = {21, x>21
    f(x) = {0, x=0
    then there's no problem. Of course, it won't stop time or biology, but the math will be sound.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

I presume after enough alcohol they can.
    Speaking from experience, getting too drunk for numbers is not as good of an idea as it seems at the time. (I was...not happy with the election results related to a specific ballot measure in my state at some point in the past, and decided that an immediately appropriate intervention was to attempt to get too drunk to count high enough to tell the (numbered) ballot measures apart anymore. I ended up spending the rest of that party alternately throwing up and yelling about changes in the Star Wars Special Editions, from my limited recollection of things.)
    Last edited by Algeh; 2018-03-08 at 12:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    Speaking from experience, getting too drunk for numbers is not as good of an idea as it seems at the time. (I was...not happy with the election results related to a specific ballot measure in my state at some point in the past, and decided that an immediately appropriate intervention was to attempt to get too drunk to count high enough to tell the (numbered) ballot measures apart anymore. I ended up spending the rest of that party alternately throwing up and yelling about changes in the Star Wars Special Editions, from my limited recollection of things.)
    I'm kidding, I promise. I'm not much of a drinker, really.

Just feeling kind of blah about the whole turning 30 thing. I feel like I'm looking back at my life and thinking "what went wrong and how do I start over," except I also feel like I'm supposed to be getting myself established and moving ahead in my career (hah!) and all that. I don't want to start over, but I also know I'm not on a particularly productive path.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2018-03-08 at 12:54 PM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

....Just feeling kind of blah about the whole turning 30 thing....

.....I'm not on a particularly productive path.

There's still time.

At 30 I hadn't even started as an apprentice plumber and I was still earning not much more than minimum wage at the motorcycle shop.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Just feeling kind of blah about the whole turning 30 thing.... I don't want to start over, but I also know I'm not on a particularly productive path.
    I know exactly how you mean. A few years have passed, still feel that way, but I'm making progress.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah, I just decided that this and all future birthdays will be my 21st birthdays.

I feel like it accurately reflects how much I feel like I know what I'm doing in life anyway.
    *Shrugs*

You know, this lunch break, I headed over to the public transit station that has rather good bistro. Met up with some folks doing facility service, an investment banker, chemical scientist, two bureaucrats and a homeless person, practically had the same lunch (with bread or french fries) and a beer. We shared some laughs, had a good talk, shared some real experience and it didn't matter on which side of the economical or political fronts you were on.

"Just" being a human amongst humans can be a very comforting thing.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    There's still time.

At 30 I hadn't even started as an apprentice plumber and I was still earning not much more than minimum wage at the motorcycle shop.
    That's actually making me feel a lot better.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

That's actually making me feel a lot better.

Glad to learn that!

So I think that this is my 7,000th post!

It's been a privilege to banter with you all, and I'm deeply grateful.

They're way too many who's kindness and wit have impressed me to appropriately thank you all, but I'll cite a few:

Judging by the only other Forum that I've posted much in the Mods deserve a lot of credit for the relative civility of the Playground they get a shout-out.

also the first ten people who posted in a thread of mine:

John Longarrow

johnbragg

LnGrrrR

nedz

Tanarii

Knaight

GnomishPride

Douche

goto124
    and

Rusvul

have my thanks, as does

Ninja_Prawn

who created a part of what's now my extended "Sig", speaking of which, thanks to:

FinnLassie

KorvinStarmast

kyoryu

Peelee

S@tanicoaldo

Tvtyrant

and

Velaryon

for "siging" some of my silliness.

Anonymouswizard

Arbane

Dizlag

BayardSPSR

Knaight

nrg89

Thrudd

Mark Hall

TroubleBrewing

Mutazoia

Waddacku

Psikerlord

Jay R

and

Yora

for suggesting some games to me,

Gluteus_Maximus

mgshamster

Sicarius Victis

and

Zergrinch

for playing a long PbP game with me and wow they're just so many more I'm grateful to, for media and game play suggestions, thank you all.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lightbulb Re: Dark Shadow's Surprisingly Well-Lit Random Banter #217

Protip of the day: Never let Alexander the Great help you untie your shoelaces.

(Totally stolen from a Strong Female Protagonist comment thread -- but I thought it was funny.)

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
    Protip of the day: Never let Alexander the Great help you untie your shoelaces.

(Totally stolen from a Strong Female Protagonist comment thread -- but I thought it was funny.)
    Seems a wise advice xD

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

snip all them names
    This was quite the speech :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post
    Seems a wise advice xD
    Paladin!!! I miss you! It's been a bit over a year since we met! :( Such good memories.

ION: Life has been extremely busy. Dealing with school, private life, mental health, relationships... it's been a mess, but everything's starting to align. I'm starting my internship on the 19th, and my job will be creating and illustrating reports in the form of comics for the organisation. I'll be doing it part time til Midsummer which helps with my other stuff. Thesis is on hold, but will be continuing it during the summer. My graduation will be postponed by a year, but you know what... who cares? There'll be jobs available next year as well. Right now I'll just enjoy my internship. Which will also include a work trip abroad as it's an international project.

I've also become a fundraising coordinator for a youth work organisation that is extremely close and dear to me. It's volunteering, but I'll be getting credits for uni from doing it as it lines up with our degree.

IOON: My sister's family is spending 2 months in Bali (well, 2 weeks in Aussie land inbetween) and I thought I'd have a two week break from her... nope. Nope. I posted something on Facebook about finding out how Beauty and the Beast is originally about making girls accept forced arranged marriages with men twice their age, she answered in a rather blunt way about it being about toxic relationships one can't escape from. I responded that yes, but the original story is about arranged marriages, but it doesn't belittle the modern inerpretation as it lines up with the theme of forced marriage. Then she decided to probably misunderstand my response on purpose as she NEVER admits being wrong, and went on about how the meaning changes and not just one veiw is right blah blah, and was straight up talking about the Disney film. Like. What. No. I'm talking about the original story. And I didn't discredit that modern point of view at all. So she responded with "Well, Disney, story, book, whatever." I really wanted to respond "I am in a toxic relationship with you but can't escape", but decided to be above her and not cause public Facebook drama that she likes, especially when she gets to act as a misunderstood victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: Life has been extremely busy. Dealing with school, private life, mental health, relationships... it's been a mess, but everything's starting to align. I'm starting my internship on the 19th, and my job will be creating and illustrating reports in the form of comics for the organisation. I'll be doing it part time til Midsummer which helps with my other stuff. Thesis is on hold, but will be continuing it during the summer. My graduation will be postponed by a year, but you know what... who cares? There'll be jobs available next year as well. Right now I'll just enjoy my internship. Which will also include a work trip abroad as it's an international project.

I've also become a fundraising coordinator for a youth work organisation that is extremely close and dear to me. It's volunteering, but I'll be getting credits for uni from doing it as it lines up with our degree.

IOON: My sister's family is spending 2 months in Bali (well, 2 weeks in Aussie land inbetween) and I thought I'd have a two week break from her... nope. Nope. I posted something on Facebook about finding out how Beauty and the Beast is originally about making girls accept forced arranged marriages with men twice their age, she answered in a rather blunt way about it being about toxic relationships one can't escape from. I responded that yes, but the original story is about arranged marriages, but it doesn't belittle the modern inerpretation as it lines up with the theme of forced marriage. Then she decided to probably misunderstand my response on purpose as she NEVER admits being wrong, and went on about how the meaning changes and not just one veiw is right blah blah, and was straight up talking about the Disney film. Like. What. No. I'm talking about the original story. And I didn't discredit that modern point of view at all. So she responded with "Well, Disney, story, book, whatever." I really wanted to respond "I am in a toxic relationship with you but can't escape", but decided to be above her and not cause public Facebook drama that she likes, especially when she gets to act as a misunderstood victim.
    I'm glad things are doing well for you Finn! Things are...interesting, lets say, over here.

Yeah, that sounds rough as hell. Especially because...um, a forced marriage that you have to learn to live with IS "a toxic relationship you can't escape from" so like, yeah. You're right, but also so is she. She's just being petulant about it.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This was quite the speech :P

Paladin!!! I miss you! It's been a bit over a year since we met! :( Such good memories.

Finnie!!, i miss you!. I see that life is going well, aside from facebook discussions. I were in the feminist protest march in Madrid yesterday, i think it was the biggest of Europe, quite an experience :)

15. - Top - End - #1215

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post

**snip**

Now the beans are not really cheap, so its common to see them broken down into their essential parts and some of them can be "elongated" by mixing them up with similar substances - that is why you often see "coca butter" as a separate listing, possibly stretched-out by using some cheap substitute like some nut-based oil or using some sort of soy.

**snip**
    I have seen soy lethathin [sp?] used. is that one of the soy elogators you mentioned?
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

16. - Top - End - #1216

That's not how numbers work.
    So I guess I cannot claim to be on my 4th first 18 years, or finished my 5th 11 year old fun??

blech. I hate maturity.

Side employment:

sig thread is here

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    ...blech. I hate maturity.

I so very much second that!

It's so LAME!

18. - Top - End - #1218

I turn 55 in less then a week. OOPS, my profile says I am 115, so make that 116.

So that makes it my 6th year of my 10th anniversary of my 11th birthday

.. .. .. .. .. or something like that.
    Last edited by Insane Jeenyus; 2018-03-10 at 11:14 AM.

Side employment:

sig thread is here

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

"Who cares?" is a very good sentiment. I wish I'd taken my time to think that way as well a bit more back during my studies. There are still a lot of things I never got to do properly because I never gave myself the time to dare to try them.

Seems you aren't exactly holding back on filling the slots, though. That's a lot of balls you've got in the air there, Finn!

Ooof, no fun to go steaming on a Friday afternoon. The international interconectivity of the Internet is great, but when it's connecting people you'd rather keep your distance to, it's a lot less fun...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm glad things are doing well for you Finn! Things are...interesting, lets say, over here.
    Always something new in Zodiland?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah, that sounds rough as hell. Especially because...um, a forced marriage that you have to learn to live with IS "a toxic relationship you can't escape from" so like, yeah. You're right, but also so is she. She's just being petulant about it.
    Not all forced marriages do become toxic relationships. In many societies with arranged marriages, it's entirely decided between the parents, so neither person being wed starts out significantly advantaged by the arrangement.

More importantly, however: Finn said the original story was meant to groom young girls into accepting forced marriages, not warn them of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post
    Finnie!!, i miss you!. I see that life is going well, aside from facebook discussions. I were in the feminist protest march in Madrid yesterday, i think it was the biggest of Europe, quite an experience :)
    Ooo, cool!

So I guess I cannot claim to be on my 4th first 18 years, or finished my 5th 11 year old fun??

blech. I hate maturity.
    You can always claim you're congruent with Sweet Sixteen modulo 39...

(Also, a little tip, the collects quotes so you can respond to them all in one go instead of having to doublepost.)

ION:
    I saw a person get hit by a car yesterday. They strolled out right on the street against a red light seemingly without any reflection, and the next second a car enters stage right. We Swedes have an expression, "flyga som en vante" ("fly like a mitten", possibly a shortening of "fly like a mitten in a blizzard"), for when something swept away or thrown skyward uncontrollably, and let's say I gained some respect for it when the person was pretty much swept away sideways, first scooped up on the bonnet and then summarily thrown off as the driver hit the brakes.

Thankfully, they got up on their feet, and apart from maybe spraining their wrist (as they were massaging it), they seemed uninjured as well. They we young, maybe 13-14-15, so those elastic kid bones may be to thank for it. The driver wasn't pushing the speed limit either.

It did leave me a little shakened up, though. Gotta respect all that inertia that a car on the road maintains...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Not all forced marriages do become toxic relationships. In many societies with arranged marriages, it's entirely decided between the parents, so neither person being wed starts out significantly advantaged by the arrangement.

More importantly, however: Finn said the original story was meant to groom young girls into accepting forced marriages, not warn them of the same.
    I've also been told that the original, Beast was ugly but didn't have all the rage-y stuff that was going on. So it was more of a story about accepting nice over pretty.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

I turn 55 in less then a week. OOPS, my profile says I am 115, so make that 116.

So that makes it my 6th year of my 10th anniversary of my 11th birthday

.. .. .. .. .. or something like that.

Well judging by that, and this post:

Greetings all. This actually post number 2, as number one wasin the Joke forum.

I have been a long time reader of OOTS and have enjoyed the web comic and finally have broken down and joined the site.

the things I like are coffee, Pathfinder, coffee, 3.5, coffee, Pathfinder and coffee.

Coffee is not an addiction - its a love affair.

You are AWESOME!

So congratulations!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history

22. - Top - End - #1222

You know looking in on this forum...

I’m fairly new in this incredible playground but everyone here, especially on this thread, feels like good freinds, and as though this community here is an actual community, rather than just a bunch of people who barely recognize other peoples usernames. It just all seems so wonderful that everyone here can get on, and talk to people about the things they like, and even though they squabble and argue, they all come back.

And hey, maybe the rest of the internet is like that, but the rest of the internet seems to be a cold, scary place that puts its users through a wood chipper.

So I’d just like to thank people. Most everyone on this forum, really. For usually being fairly nice to one on other. This forum is a lot better than many others.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Always something new in Zodiland?

Being informed of the times when Mom expects her male mistress to show up so I have to run silent so as to not scare him off is a fun way to get reintroduced to the ****ing **** that is my Mom's house.

Right, good point. I hadn't read Finn's post perfectly, my mistake.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

I have seen soy lethathin [sp?] used. is that one of the soy elogators you mentioned?
    I guess you mean Lecithin, aka. E322, which is basically the most widely used group of emulgators around. An emulator is used to bind fat/oil to any water-based substance, quite often Molke (Whey).

Without knowing the specifics, you're at least dealing with a highly processed and engineered kind of food.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

An emulator is used to bind fat/oil to any water-based substance
    Really? I use mine to play old videogames.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ettin in the Playground

Really? I use mine to play old videogames.
    My auto-correction seems to have a problem with the word Emulgator.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

My auto-correction seems to have a problem with the word Emulgator.
    I figured.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Well judging by that, and this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    greetings all. This actually post number 2, as number one wasin the Joke forum.

I have been a long time reader of OOTS and have enjoyed the web comic and finally have broken down and joined the sight.

the things I like are coffee, Pathfinder, coffee, 3.5, coffee, Pathfinder and coffee.

Coffee is not an addiction - its a love affair.

You are AWESOME!

So congratulations!
    why,thank you very much! I am not sure if I should toast you with Whisky, porter ale, coffee or toast!!

I guess you mean Lecithin, aka. E322, which is basically the most widely used group of emulgators around. An emulator is used to bind fat/oil to any water-based substance, quite often Molke (Whey).

Without knowing the specifics, you're at least dealing with a highly processed and engineered kind of food.
    I figured as such. Most food in the US is so freaking processed I wish I didn't need to eat.

you should see what they feed you with through the nose in the hospital!
    Last edited by Insane Jeenyus; 2018-03-11 at 08:49 PM.

Side employment:

sig thread is here

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Thought I'd share the work I've done on this mini. It's the best I've ever done. https://imgur.com/gallery/EREJ5

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

* pokes his head in *

* deep sniffs *

Who even are these new people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.