New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think I've died and gone to Tartarus.
    Nah there's much worse out there

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Even without weather control. How many dudes can you ferry on boat into unfriendly territory? The handicap in numbers alone should give conquistadors trouble. And I doubt ponies are susceptible to human disease, so there's no advantage to be had from sudden population drop and crumbling society.
    Well actually enough simply for transit, human have waged war by boat since time began almost.

Now on diseases there's actually the thought that Eurasia had the communicable diseases because they had domesticated animals. Pigs, cows... horses. Which created a sort of pressure cooker for transferring them over generation. The Americas lacked them, ponies do not.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

D&DeeDee! That was one of my favorite episodes.
    "Dexter, I can't see!"
    "Use the force!!"
    Too bad! Dexter
    Spoiler
    Show
    didn't become Belkar Bitterleaf, or Dashing Swordsman.

P.S- How will Action Hank fare against Mane Cast? I mean g4 mane cast are not evil like pony puff princess, unless it's "rainbow factory" and "cupcake" fan fic. But Action Hank could challenge a honorable combat against Mane Cast, or it could be a friendly rivalry. Who would win in the fight (one on one, one against all, or 6 against 6).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    There's more where that came from! Samurai Jack? Time Squad? Kids Next Door? Lots of good oldies....
    Samurai Jack was great, I even kinda got an Aku feel from the supposed S3 pony villain.

KND was fun too. Time Squad ... Time Squad ... that was the one with the girly robot and the big dude who traveled back in time to fix history with this boy, right? That was lots of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    oldies............

*feels positively ancient
    Well, I did love Tom and Jerry too. I mean, who didn't watch Tom and Jerry? And lots of other classic cartoons ... Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and of course Disney was always showing on one channel or another.

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    I am 31 and I remember a lot of those shows. Only one I got into late was Ed, Edd, and Eddie. It is good but you need to watch it for the more subtle humor. Same goes for stuff like Cow and Chicken. Cartoon shows in the 90's had a great deal to work to. Batman, Superman, Teen Titans helped get back a lot of DC followers due to not being hokey like The Justice Friends. Even CN did spoofs on these because of how bad they were. A lot of crap got past the radar in the 90's.

Toonami helped show how wonderful old shows like Thundercats and Voltron were. Even He-Man was an okay looking thing compared to some of the stuff today. As an example Dexter's Lab was great for the humor as well as refrences to a mix of shows where Jonny Test is a more like the old Beetlejuice cartoon. Heavy of sight gags then on humor everyone can get.

Ahh memories. Btw who here has seen Goodfellas?
    He-Man ... damn, I remember he was really big when I was, like, seven or so. I can't remember anything from the show, I just remember we had action figures and probably ruined our parents.

Then Turtles became big for a while, about the same time I think, maybe a little later. That probably ruined our parents too.

Batman, Superman and all those supers are classics too, of course.

And I remember Teen Titans from CN too. I watched that for a while a few years ago.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Well, I'm about to turn 30 ... and I watched the Powerpuff Girls well into my early twenties. I've always loved cartoons, and never really managed to see myself as an adult either.
    I thought as I was writing that post I half-remembered you being in the older crowd (you're only three years behind me).

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Cow and Chicken was one of those I didn't really care much for. I mean, I watched it occasionally, but it just didn't really ... I don't know, it seemed a bit lame a lot of the time. Ed Edd and Eddy was fun, though.
    Never liked either of those personally, though the latter was at least tolerable in the background.

How many of you guys are 21 (as in turned 21 this year) or younger? I just got the impression that a lot of you are actually older than myself.
    I think the majority of us were twenties or older (or, as in my case, just Old...) when it last came up in conversation. Of course, the last time it cropped up was a while back, and we've had more people come in since then, and lost a few, so that may no longer be accurate.

EsperDerek! Yeah, he was the other one I remember being about my age. (And Topaz, too.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-17 at 11:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20081124
    So how do you react to this comic (2 years before MLP:FIM) now after seeing royal canterlot wedding part 2?
    P.S- Does anybody plan to make a timeline of MLPverse history.
    P.P.S- I am feeling that MLP is becoming like OOTS fandom; both of them have artwork (ponified for MLP and stick figures for OOTS), fanfics (Fallout Equestria for MLP and Murphy's Law comic for OOTS), and fans.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    So how do you react to this comic (2 years before MLP:FIM) now after seeing royal canterlot wedding part 2?
    Why name a unicorn Skyflier? Also 3/3.5 only had one unicorn I thought.

P.S- Does anybody plan to make a timeline of MLPverse history.
    What do you mean? I've a loose timeline for Equestria already, but there's not much since we only have limited events so far.

P.P.S- I am feeling that MLP is becoming like OOTS fandom; both of them have artwork (ponified for MLP and stick figures for OOTS), fanfics (Fallout Equestria for MLP and Murphy's Law comic for OOTS), and fans.
    The Herd is already larger then the OOTS, we're more like Touhou or even Trek. What with the spawning multiple cons and such.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    In other news, I've had like three people ask me what kind of caek I want for my birthday, but I have no clue of what kind I want.
    Get Ice-cream cake. That's always my back-up

In other news this
    Spoiler
    Show

why is this not a fic?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Why name a unicorn Skyflier? Also 3/3.5 only had one unicorn I thought.
    Well, considering her mark appears to be a set of kites...

As for the also, I think it depends on where you draw your lines. The only set that I'm sure had no more than one unicorn was the "Core Seven", which appear to have formed the entirety of G3.5. 3.0, on the other hand, had unicorns throughout its toy line, and occasionally on the show. Rarity, for instance, showed up there first (as, I believe, no relation to Sweetie Belle, and with a drastically different personality than the G4 version).
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Spamalot in the Playground

How many of you guys are 21 (as in turned 21 this year) or younger? I just got the impression that a lot of you are actually older than myself.
    I always felt I was one of the oldest here, standing at 34.5 solar revolutions.

Well my reaction was to chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    In other news this
    Spoiler
    Show

why is this not a fic?
    What, the princess of the sun can't afford a nightlight?
    Though looking at it more, this really illustrates just how much bigger Celestia is to the other ponies, even the adult males. That bed can barely contain her.

Celestia: Amazon Goddess of Trolling?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #70

Celestia: Amazon Goddess of Trolling?
    Spoiler
    Show
    OBJECTION!

Spoiler
    Show

She wore her crown, necklace, and shoes!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    All a lady truly needs, dahling.

(Is twenty as of last month)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    All a lady truly needs, dahling.
    I can agree with this sentiment, Celestia is always the most beautiful pony in the room.

13. - Top - End - #73

crown, necklace, shoes....

And MANE so gorgeous that thousands of stylists are sacrificed daily for its upkeep.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

And MANE so gorgeous that thousands of stylists are sacrificed daily for its upkeep.
    only by its glow can pegasi exceed the sound barrier
    Last edited by Mabn; 2012-10-17 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spacetime is hard

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

So I had a thought. Hearth's Warming Eve is debated on whether or not the tale is true. But I had a different thought. Notice how absolutely perfect the Mane 6 represent the characters. It's also a possibility that the Elements of Harmony were created around the same time, possibly as a result of the story. What if the Mane 6 are descendants of these six characters, and are destined in a way to wield the Elements, even before they met?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

And what is this thread's flavor? Cherry? Grape? Steak?
    Hmm. Cotton candy marshmallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Moving on, uh.
    The thing about Dexter's Lab, even compared to a number of it's contemporaries, is that it was easy to follow and still hilarious even with the sound off.
    Yeah, Dexter's lab had excellent visual gags and the characters were very distinct.

oldies............

*feels positively ancient
    *Feels as ancient as Kairaven*

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Never liked either of those personally, though the latter was at least tolerable in the background.

I think the majority of us were twenties or older (or, as in my case, just Old...) when it last came up in conversation. Of course, the last time it cropped up was a while back, and we've had more people come in since then, and lost a few, so that may no longer be accurate.

EsperDerek! Yeah, he was the other one I remember being about my age. (And Topaz, too.)
    Yeah, that's about how I felt on Cow and Chicken and Ed, Edd, and Eddy as well. I never liked either that well, Ed, Edd, and Eddy was tolerable.

I think the thread is majority twenties still, although I recall Topaz being older than you, Bleakbane by a not inconsiderable margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    only by its glow can pegasi exceed the sound barrier
    Well, that didn't take long.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

So I had a thought. Hearth's Warming Eve is debated on whether or not the tale is true. But I had a different thought. Notice how absolutely perfect the Mane 6 represent the characters. It's also a possibility that the Elements of Harmony were created around the same time, possibly as a result of the story. What if the Mane 6 are descendants of these six characters, and are destined in a way to wield the Elements, even before they met?
    We have no evidence of that. The Mane 6 put on a very good and entertaining show but we have no idea how accurate it was. For example I'm pretty sure Pinkie Pie was adlibbing a lot of her lines. Similarly it could follow that Commander Hurricane was more angry and hateful while Princess Platinum was actually willing to get her hooves dirty.

Though with a name like Private Pansy I'm pretty sure Fluttershy nailed the part.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh man, Dexter's Lab. That brings back so many happy saturday morning memories...

Too bad! Dexter
    Spoiler
    Show
    didn't become Belkar Bitterleaf, or Dashing Swordsman.

P.S- How will Action Hank fare against Mane Cast? I mean g4 mane cast are not evil like pony puff princess, unless it's "rainbow factory" and "cupcake" fan fic. But Action Hank could challenge a honorable combat against Mane Cast, or it could be a friendly rivalry. Who would win in the fight (one on one, one against all, or 6 against 6).
    Friendly rivalry for sure.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

continuing the madness i just wish this was video instead of still...
    hmmm, that shall be your task my evil minions..find video of this!

And what is this thread's flavor? Cherry? Grape? Steak?
    Pony of course! AKA Marshmallow
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-10-17 at 03:07 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #80
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    OBJECTION!
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, which is oddly the only thing she seems to ever wear. I guess she donates her monthly wardrobe funds to the pegasi orphanages.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I can agree with this sentiment, Celestia is always the most beautiful pony in the room.
    ALWAYS.
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting theory, though I'd say the Mane 6 need not be decendants. Instead all ponies are capable of becoming one of the six elements and it's just a matter of need by the elemental powers when to bring together a group of friends capable of weilding the power.

Kinda like... Power Rangers?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-10-17 at 03:58 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

I like how the "My Little Pony" thread has now finally been officially renamed to "Ponythread".

Music ponies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

We have no evidence of that. The Mane 6 put on a very good and entertaining show but we have no idea how accurate it was. For example I'm pretty sure Pinkie Pie was adlibbing a lot of her lines. Similarly it could follow that Commander Hurricane was more angry and hateful while Princess Platinum was actually willing to get her hooves dirty.

Though with a name like Private Pansy I'm pretty sure Fluttershy nailed the part.
    Actually, Hearth's Warming Eve reminded me very much of a Christmas Panto being played by a good local drama group, where they will take on a traditional story and add local references and jokes. Thus, they tailor the parts for the actors.

Also, most of the Panto-type stories are either pure fantasy (Jack and the Beanstalk) or so far removed from history as to be pure fiction ((ahem) Richard(ahem) Whittington). If this is the case there is no reason why the characters and story should be anything other than "morality tale with stock Equestrian characters" in it.

..... something just dawned on me.

48, and attempting to sneak up on 49.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2012-10-17 at 04:08 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

I just turned 20 this year. Though I didn't watch many cartoons as a kid, so I miss out on a lot of the references and such that people make.

Get Ice-cream cake. That's always my back-up

In other news this
    Spoiler
    Show

why is this not a fic?
    Fund it.

Well, actually, I think I've seen fics with that general spirit, if not that specific scenario. But fund it anyway.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Ponythread LVI: Brand Licencing Europe Confirmed My Fanon
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Two things. One is I may be late with this info but seeing how season 3 is set up to start sometime in November I have a thought. Seeing how the creators and such like putting in refrences anypony else getting the feeling there will be mention of Heartless or even seeing ponies looking a lot like everypony's favorite Disney/SquareEnix franchise? Something about, better do this first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Better. Seeing how a King Sombra is mentioned plus talking about crystal heart. I dunno maybe it is me but I am feeling like some Kingdom Hearts will be tossed in.

Second. I am glad I am not the only 30 ish year old. Was feeling worried for a bit.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I like how the "My Little Pony" thread has now finally been officially renamed to "Ponythread".

Music ponies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good catch, I hadn't noticed.
    I believe it can be edited for a while yet, potentially.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

ALWAYS.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Niiice have it in a non-preview size?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ponythread LVI: Brand Licencing Europe Confirmed My Fanon
    Naw,Ponythread LVI: Twilight Of The Gods
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Two things. One is I may be late with this info but seeing how season 3 is set up to start sometime in November I have a thought. Seeing how the creators and such like putting in refrences anypony else getting the feeling there will be mention of Heartless or even seeing ponies looking a lot like everypony's favorite Disney/SquareEnix franchise? Something about, better do this first.
    I would love to see some Final Fantasy references somewhere. Somewhat related, but most of season 2 was done without bronies in mind, because season 1 was still airing when they were working on it, as noted in the recent interview with Amy Keating Rodgers.

Also, on the topic of age, I'm almost at the mental breakdown age of 30. Apparently it's a big milestone. If I survive.